[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://webcache.googleusercontent.c om/search?q=cache:http:/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (137 KB, 605x915) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137 KB, 605x915
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://www.seattletimes.com/business/microsoft/microsoft-recommits-to-pc-as-place-for-new-video-games/

Thoughts?
>>
I hope that doesn't mean that gfwl is coming back
>>
>>329311409

Hm seems to me ms is fully aware their numbers on the windows store won't hold a candle to steam and need to convince devs their store is wortg it do they release this and stuff like ki as f2p to bolster the numbers

>Racing games have long been used as showpieces of the amount of visual detail developers could pack into games running on new hardware and software. “Apex” is positioned as an effort to show off the gaming potential of Windows 10.

That and find a way a way to up the graphics without xbone users screaming it's not fair
>>
>>329311526
it isn't.

windows store is WAY worse than gfwl ever was.
>>
>free to Win10
>probably Win10 exclusive

hahahaha fucking pass
>>
>>329311852
They have a tough course to chart, to be honest. While they were busy fighting SONY for domination of the living room, billions of smart devices started running iOS and Android and Steam took over digital distribution of PC games.
>>
>>329312660

Yea right now I'm assuming they're trying to convince devs to use UWP which many likely don't like considering what they've used for 15 years.

Not only that but tomb raider likely sold less on their store and the majority of people are on 7 and even on 10 they have those other distributors to deal with.

IF devs were smart they'd back vulkan just to be free of microsofts shit

I don't tho k think this forza apex is enough given the other racing shits are on windiws especially if it's half assed

You can't forget their store is worse than gfwl atm regarding injectors and overlays

Good luck selling that shit
>>
They are not recommitting to PC, they're just marketing DX12. They're going to get cucked by Vulkan supporters and the dev adoption for DX12 is slow. if they really want to recommit to PC then they'll let UAP games have Vulkan support or better yet lead in promoting Vulkan.
>>
>>329312247
So we can expect this out on systems other than Windows 10 in a few years? Nice.

Luckily the only thing I ever played that was affected by GFWL was Dark Souls but luckily it didn't completely bone up save files.
>>
>>329314247

Yup

The good thing is ubi, Ea, valve, gog etcall won't like what ms is attempting and push for vulkan

Ms still hasnt realized they are in no position to set standards anymore

One game like quantam break or f2p forza isn't going to change squat

They want full domination and not just a platform to release games on. Basically a wet dream of charging 30% cut on every game on windows while taking away what makes the pc so open through UWP it's so retarded it's not even funny
>>
>>329312660

They seem to think consoles don't have much steam left a decade from now I assume
>>
>windows giving free games
Kinda cool of them desu.
>>
Just fucking announce Horizon 3
and put the full version on PC, I would even be tempted to use the shitty windows store
>>
>>329315031

Nah it's more entertaining to watch them squirm as their store fails because no one cares about f2p shit when the market is saturated with them
>>
>>329311409
>the Xbox gave up while the Wii U is still gasping for breath.

I don't get it.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1259) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1259
>>329315454
>no one cares about f2p shit
Have you been living in a hole for the last decade?
>>
>>329315704

For mobile yes

Desktop pcs aka core gamers who can run forza? No
>>
who cares? i'm just hoping there will be a great non-windows alternative by the time i'm ready to abandon 7.
>>
>>329311409
>Windows 10

Suck my nuts, Microshit.
>>
>>329312579
>Microsoft games
>>probably Win10 exclusive

Woooooaaahh hhey guys!
>>
If they wanted to commit to PC gaming it would probably be better to not be a stereotypical evil villain trying to destroy it.
>>
File: 1456684598091.jpg (150 KB, 750x740) Image search: [Google]
1456684598091.jpg
150 KB, 750x740
>>329315825
>farmville is only on mobile
>>
>>329311409
>microsoft promises
>microsoft recommits
Yeah I've heard those before.
>>
>PC

I think you means Windows10™ , OP.

aka. Microsoft is literally turning PC into XBOX.

Except they don't have to pay for the hardware manufacture anymore.
>>
>>329317154

If ms keeps fucking up there will be

That Conker and then this f2p shit? On top of Windows 10 game stores not letting mods or hooks or overlays work with no refunds?
>>
File: 1442630024064.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1442630024064.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
>>329314609

>
The good thing is ubi, Ea, valve, gog etcall won't like what ms is attempting and push for vulkan

How delusional can you be?
>>
File: .jpg (30 KB, 319x249) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
30 KB, 319x249
>>329311409
much like how after your garage burns down you recommit to parking in the driveway
>>
they are "recommitting" every three to six months. doesn't mean shit.
>>
>>329318776

I recommit to your mom every 3 months
>>
>>329319017
is this a sex innuendo
>>
>>329311409
Of course they have, they own the windows 10 shop and will try and force that shit down peoples throats.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.