[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you ever play games on easy mode?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9
File: 09a-select-difficulty-level.jpg (367 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
09a-select-difficulty-level.jpg
367 KB, 2048x1536
Do you ever play games on easy mode?
>>
Only time I play on easy is after completing the hardest mode but missing exclusive rewards from Easy mode or even a completion status, trophy, or otherwise.
>>
If I want to just plow through it to cross it off my list.
>>
Never on my first playthrough. If a game has a difficulty setting, you should always select the highest or second highest difficulty, since modern games are made so easy.
>>
File: header[1].jpg_t=1455040113.jpg (54 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header[1].jpg_t=1455040113.jpg
54 KB, 460x215
>>329274380
Only in sandbox games, because I want do stupid shit and still win.
>>
Only games where the combat is unredeemable and I just wanna blaze through the story. I mean god awful shovelware level of bad.
>>
>>329274380
At worst I'll play at normal atleast that way I can keep my pride a bit intact.
>>
>>329274380
i always do when I can
still like dark souls though, but for me it's more about exploration than hard combat
>>
>>329274646
what's even the point of playing a game if your not playing it properly?
>>
I think difficulty is an aspect devs should work on, and the selector of difficulty is the lazy solution. (excepts for arcade games or others, where the challenge is the main or the only purpose)

I use to play the hardest, or the second most hardest, but I dont feel bad if I reduce it because the game is so boring. A game with mobs with 16516k of hp and is always spawning mobs for the only purpose of extend time it's an absolute waste of time.
>>
>>329275509
I'm not that anon but challenge doesn't equal fun for all gamers I guess
>>
>>329274380
>beat game on hard
>medium and easy cheevos don't unlock as well
fucking shitty devs
>>
I always play on normal. This is how games are intended to be played. In most cases harder difficulty levels seem forced and Easy is for retards.
>>
>>329275816
>7 Difficulty Levels
>Begin with 2 and you have to beat each difficulty level to reach the next one in subsequent play throughs

Fuck every dev that ever has and ever will do this
>>
>>329274508
>play type-0 on hard from the start going through series of tough challenges early on because everything is one-shotting you
>later realize you have to do mission on normal mode anyway because it has its own rewards
>>
>>329276037
fucking capcom
>>
I play on Easy if there's no locked content

Normie, reeee, casual, etc
>>
I never play in easy mode.
If the game still feels hard on normal I just cheat
>>
>>329274508
>beating game on the hardest difficulty doesn't automatically give you the rewards for the lower difficulty
You're not gonna get me to replay it on baby mode devs so stop it.
>>
Story games like The Last of Us should be played on easy. The focus of that title is the story and not the gameplay, so there's no need for added "difficulty".

Action games like Shadow Warrior should be played on the hardest setting to test your skill in defeating enemies.
>>
European extreme is the way to go.
How come MGSV didn't have this?
It seems like the only way to make it seem harder is to turn reflex mode off.
>>
Is there an easy difficulty for Transistor? I'm not getting my ass kicked, but I dropped it because I don't like the battle system
>>
>>329274380
FTL is probably the only one, and that shit's still hard as fuck
>>
>>329277032
it gets pretty trivial after you get some upgrades

don't even need to do the pause things, it becomes just an action rpg
>>
>>329274380
Not really, except for alien isolation. The fucking alien pissed me off so fucking much. It was like a roommate that wont ever fuck off.
>>
>>329277032
Just keep playing it, you'll get used to it anon
>>
"Movie" games I would play on easy, things like Witcher games and anything with bam ham combat and that are driven by narrative more than compelling gameplay. Things that are more interesting to watch than they are to play, an attempt to make the game play to its strengths by making it seem more cinematic. Normal otherwise.
>>
>>329274380

Recently I have been. Unless I know difficulty is part of the appeal (Souls, Platinum, etc.), I usually put it on easy. I'm happy that a lot of JRPGs these days have an easy mode because that just cuts back on a lot of the grinding.

Being an adult and not having unlimited time for games anymore just kinda sucks.
>>
>>329274380
only easy games like dark souls i use trainers because its so boring
>>
File: image.png (84 KB, 300x325) Image search: [Google]
image.png
84 KB, 300x325
I play every RPG on the easiest mode. I like them for the stories, not the shitty repetitive gameplay.
>>
>>329277851
shame they never have good stories

but I like them for the the leveling, obtaining new gears, items, and grinding in general toward some goal
>>
>>329278110
Not that anon, but grinding is frustrating, boring and tedious. It's why I only started playing JRPGs recently.
>>
No. Might theoretically make an exception if the story was good but the gameplay shitty and I just wanted to see the ending. Hasn't happened yet though.

Even then, if there's such a big difference between gameplay and story it'd probably make more sense to just youtube it.
>>
>>329274380
I like playing on the hardest mode because it feels like I get more of my moneys worth.
>>
>>329277851

I understand your opinion, but doesnt it seems so empty at all?

I cant take seriously the story if they are talking about a dragon (for example) and I know it's easy and I will defeat it without problem. Looking the npcs so worried for that, idk it's not the same. (and i'm talking only on how affects it on the story, cause it's the only one thing you seem interested on)
>>
No
>>
>>329274380
This is a child's hobby. No.
>>
File: 1389487191523.png (79 KB, 250x238) Image search: [Google]
1389487191523.png
79 KB, 250x238
>beat normal to unlock hard
>beat hard to unlock easy
Fucking MML.
Loved that game though.
>>
I used to, all the time. Until a few years ago when I started playing on normal again, which is the difficulty level I stay on most of the time. For action games sometimes I crank the difficulty up a level or two though. And when playing Dark Souls I and II for the first time recently I made a point to not use and summons in order to not cheapen the bosses.
>>
File: 1454263729846.png (62 KB, 477x297) Image search: [Google]
1454263729846.png
62 KB, 477x297
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0v5TM70Zr0g
>>
>>329274380
Only if I suck in a type of game, like shooters.
>>
>>329276037

DMC4
>>
File: DQH 2016-02-23 23-46-51-48.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DQH 2016-02-23 23-46-51-48.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>329274380
Musou games.

First person shooters except Crysis.

Most things repetitive.
>>
Easy mode in the 90's: 2 extra lives
Easy mode in the 2010's: Aim assist, auto tracking hits, potions or ammo in every room you enter, enemies don't do any damage
>>
>>329277851
I agree. I did that with Fire Emblem Fates. I don't want to run the Chrom DLC a thousand times just to be able to beat a mission.
>>
File: GAR.png (214 KB, 834x288) Image search: [Google]
GAR.png
214 KB, 834x288
>>329274380
Never
But I am considering playing Easy for W101
Its so fucking long and pretty hard
>>
>>329276037
Fucking Platinum with MGR
>Have to play through the game like 5 times to unlock the hardest difficulty
>Hardest difficulty is actually the easiest because it boosts your perfect parry to all fuck
>>
>>329274380
P.N.03
On the one hand the difficulty settings were perfect because as the difficulty increased enemies would become more accurate, the window to dodge missiles became tighter, and enemies use different attacks against you. Easy was light fighting against starwars clone troopers while hard was split second dodges and abusing invincibility from your supers just to survive some encounters.
But at the same time it's the type of difficulty where enemies on hard have 20x more health than on easy. A lot of suits, including the ones you start with do not come with auto-fire so you have to shoot each bullet manually. Even on normal difficulty my thumb was too sore to play after 20 minutes.

You really have to work up each difficulty in order while unlocking new suits and upgrading their stats/skills or its impossible.
>>
Rarely.
On shooters, I awlays start off on the hardest difficulty. The reasoning behind this is that I'll be able to manuever around the environment reasonably well to the point where the game isn't too difficult. On RPGs and platformers, Normal and below because muh comfy games.
>>
>>329274380
All the time, I don't give a fuck, I don't even want AI.
>>
>>329286297
>I don't even want AI
What are you even trying to say
>>
File: 1437926565220.jpg (183 KB, 660x450) Image search: [Google]
1437926565220.jpg
183 KB, 660x450
>>329274380
The fuck do you take me for?
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.