[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I haven't raided on WoW all that much (I just play on private
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 9
File: Kael did nothing wrong.jpg (167 KB, 849x903) Image search: [Google]
Kael did nothing wrong.jpg
167 KB, 849x903
I haven't raided on WoW all that much (I just play on private servers) so I couldn't follow the storyline of WoW all that closely, but I've come to think that some of the big raid bosses aren't all that bad, it isn't a thing of 'we gud - they bad' thing. How did WoW make them all evil?:

>Kel'thuzad is very loyal to Arthas, and while he might be an asshole about turning people into undead, he followed Ner'zhul instead of something that just wants to rape worlds as Sargeras
>Illidan became a demon (consume Gul'dan Skull) to save the world against Archimonde, he saved Tyrande, gave the Blood Elves a second chance, helped the Naga (which aren't all assholes), he was just forced by Kil'jaeden. He left on good terms with the Night Elves
>Kael'thas was hated by Garithos and forced to go rogue, he still remained loyal to those that helped him. Ultimately a good guy who had a hard life.
>Lady Vashj just led his people against whatever wanted to kill Illidan now because he revived (?) them. She never does things because she just wants to be evil
>Ragnaros is just following his nature I guess. He isn't a force of good, but he isn't as terrible as C'thun or others
>Most of the bosses on MoP were corrupted or some shit afaik

There are some people who you can't defend, like Deathwing or Archimonde, who just want to rape, but you can make a case for the other ones.

Also, WoW lore thread I guess
>>
>>329272252
Corruption
/end thread
>>
>>329272493
So they just threw their good characters into the sink instead of writing a sensible story for Alliance/Horde to fight them?

wew lad, no wonder some people hate WoW's lore
>>
>>329272252
>Ultimately a good guy who had a hard life.
Uh, he tried to bring Kil'jaden, his master's enemy, in Azeroth. That's not really cool...
>>
>>329272493
>>329272932
this
>>
>>329272252
Kael'thas joined kill'jaden in Outland and almost summoned him to Azeroth. kel'thuzard by his own admission just wanted to be immortal Vashj just followed ilidan unquestionably in Outland. Illidan himself was just driven insane by Arthas beating him.
>>
>>329273209
>>329272959
what was the reasoning behind this though?
Kil'jaden promised to cure the BE magic hunger or something? That's the only explanation I can think of, even then it's not a decent one considering that everyone knows that the Burning Legion just wants to rape and kill.
>>
>>329273590
"But Illidan's agenda was short-sighted. I grew impatient. In secret, I began harvesting what energies I could. I had a brief taste of TRUE power...before it was taken from me!"

Qupte from the sunwell trailer he got impatient with Illidan and sort new sorce of power because Illiden did not share the power that he created(forge of souls)
>>
>>329272252
Just to clarify, Almost every boss ever in WoWs histroy was afflicted with some form of "corruption"

The big evil in every single xpac stems from either the Burning Legion or the Old Gods at some point

They are the only 2 truly evil entities I've seen, and any others are simply a result of their corruption

MoP was literally Old God corruption all the way through
>>
>>329272252
lllidan held out on Kael with the new source of magic for his people. He intended to show him the fount within the black temple, but he never did, and the blood elf race ended up getting addicted to fel energy.
>>
>>329274054
>MoP was literally Old God corruption all the way through

Throne of Thunder had nothing to do with Sha/Old Gods.
>>
>>329273869
that doesn't sound too good to be honest

Kael was a decent person in TFT and did everything he could to save his people. He was very loyal to those that would help him, and just going full 'lmao, I just want more power' doesn't really make too much sense to me.

I think Blizz raped one of the best characters War3 had.
>>
File: Sunwell_800.jpg (218 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Sunwell_800.jpg
218 KB, 800x600
>>329272252
The alliance between Kael'thas and Burning Legion is one of the main (I'd even say the primary) storylines in TBC. His portrayal as a villain starts in draenei starting zones (Eredar Sironas leading Kael's blood elves), continuing in Hellfire Peninsula (the whole deal with the Colossi), Shattrath (Kael's forces attacking Shattrath), Terokkar (the mana bombs), Shadowmoon Valley (The Cipher of Damnation chain) and ultimately in Netherstorm definite proof of his allegiance with Burning Legion is finally discovered (for non-draenei at least). And then he decides to use Sunwell to summon Kil'Jaeden to Azeroth.

Whether or not having to use demonic energies to sustain his people's thirst for magic and making the deal with the devil is a sensible motivation or if it falls down to "lol, corrupted t. Metzen" category is another question, but he certainly wasn't a good guy.
>>
>>329274321
I think the reason behind his collecting mana in netherstorm was to create a source of power for his people. when that plan got fucked by the heroes, I guess he just said, fuck it, i'm in too deep. I'm gonna go all in
>>
>>329274321
I think that they are going for the lesson that "power corrupts".

I do sort of like the idea that no man is perfect that every man has his price no mater what it is.
>>
making three of the heroes from tft (kael, illidan, vashj) into villains was a shitty move by blizzard. none of them did anything wrong throughout warcraft 3, blizz just had them come up with weird 'evil masterplan' shit to justify raiding their shit.
>kael takes over tempest keep and uses it to harvest tons of arcane energy in netherstorm for... 'reasons'
>vashj and her naga set up camp in coilfang reservoir and start draining all the water from zangarmarsh for... 'reasons'
>illidan is entrenched in shadowmoon valley, makes weird alliances with questionable factions (fel orcs, rogue demons, broken draenei remnant) and wages war against the naaru for... 'reasons'
tbc storyline was pretty shitty desu.
the others are pretty straightforward though:
kel'thuzad serves the lich king and aids him in genociding lordaeron, bringing archimonde to azeroth, and wages war against the living in general.
ragnaros just wants to watch the world burn (literally)
>>
>>329274624
>>329274657
fair points, I guess I'm fond of his campaign in War.
It's just sad that they didn't give him a better story or a 'good' allegiance such as Thrall, Jaina, Vol'Jin, Sylvannas, etc... because he had to go through just as much shit as they did.
>>
>>329274920
my point for Kel'Thuzad and for Ragnaros is just that the former is serving his master, which isn't that bad and goes rogue against the big ancient evil of the Burning Legion. He is an asshole, but he isn't that terrible of one, and if you put in Arthas or the Scourge shoes, he actually does quite a lot of good shit (he helps Arthas to get into Northrend while Sylvannas and Demons are trying to kill him). Hell, he is even called friend by the one mofo that killed all of Lordaeron.

Rag is more of that he just has to be contained by the other elemental forces. Sure, burning the whole world isn't something awesome, but he isn't plotting some big master plan that Al'Akir, Neptulon and Therazane (or even some of the Dragons) can't deal with. He is just following his nature (as does all of the other elemental lords).
>>
File: WoW_Chronicle_Magic.jpg (690 KB, 1350x1800) Image search: [Google]
WoW_Chronicle_Magic.jpg
690 KB, 1350x1800
HAHA TIME FOR LORE
>>
What else do you expect them to do really, just make new characters and villians?
I don't think Metzin will be satisfied until every character we know becomes a raid boss
>>
>>329274920
I though Vashj's draining of coilfang reservoir was also part of the new well of eternity plan
>>
>>329274920
>>329274963
Illidan's gang were clearly anti-heroes. A group of vagabonds with no clear allegiances caught up in the conflict between the greater forces of good and evil. It's just that there's no place for gray morality in WoW. You're either Jesus incarnate or you're already on your path to corruption.
>>
>>329275732
Is Jaina a raid boss yet? I only know she went all militant when her town got blown up
>>
>Illidan
>Kael'thas
>Lady Vashj

all of these guys did complete 180s in WoW to become evil just so there could be a raid boss
>>
>>329275672
>Metzen
this bitch isn't even in the wow team anymore
>>
>>329275848
She's a book character. There's a special sort of hell for those.
>>
File: Kalimdor_Chronicle.jpg (695 KB, 1512x1008) Image search: [Google]
Kalimdor_Chronicle.jpg
695 KB, 1512x1008
>>
>>329275848
I wouldn't be surprised if they make her a raid boss at some point.

Going from the one person that led the human refugees of Lordaeron to fight vs Archimonde, to a entry level tier boss. Or even a worse fate like my man Anub'arak

seriously blizzard, how hard was it to put fucking Anub'Arak into a raid to make him seem like a real boss. In fact, make Azjol-Nerub into a raid instead of a dungeon. They even made him a low level boss for fucks sakes
>>
>>329276465
but they did put him in a raid
>>
>>329275570
>>329276228

So getting this book but I can't order it on amazon 'cuz my paypal is empty right now and no other fucking local bookstore I know has it for preorder.

I don't even give a shit anymore if they make everything hollywood capeshit GUDv.EBL.
>>
Kael could have been such a sick faction leader. It's a shame they turned him into a raid boss.
>>
>>329276465
>make Azjol-Nerub into a raid instead of a dungeon

they originally had plans to make azjol-nerub an entire underground zone, with multiple dungeons and at least one raid.
it all got scrapped due to time constraints.
>>
Well Kael, after Arthas came in and fucked up their Sunwell, wanted to recreate it.

That's why he was harnessing all those energies in Netherstorm. And the reason for another Sunwell is the whole addiction to mana.

I can buy that. Started off with good intention but as >>329274657 said, power corrupted him.
>>
File: corruption.png (618 KB, 946x651) Image search: [Google]
corruption.png
618 KB, 946x651
>>329272493
>>
>>329276228
Wow, this is amazing !
Where does that come from ?
>>
>>329272493
>/end thread
>/end

literally fuck off forever
>>
File: gnome.jpg (1 MB, 1547x1200) Image search: [Google]
gnome.jpg
1 MB, 1547x1200
Will Blizzard ever do anything with Gnomes again?

They haven't really gotten any cool lore, or for that matter any real lore since Wrath.

I know Blizzard hates them and they're at the ass end of every joke Blizzard makes but still.
>>
>>329277337
There's an Artbook "Warcraft Chronicles: Volume One" coming out that's basically the setup for a whole encyclopedia of Warcraft-lore, trying to bring old shit in line with new established bits of lore.

It sounds amazing.
>>
>>329277580
gnomes are a joke. literally comic relief: the race.
they originally were just there to provide funny quotes for a few human units in the RTS. making them into a fully fleshed-out player race in an mmo was a mistake.
>>
>>329278357
So why is it okay for gnomes to get shat on for being a comic relief race when Pandaren, which were LITERALLY a joke race, got a whole goddamn expansion?
>>
>>329278526
its not, kek. i dont mind gnomes being in the game, just explaining why blizzard never does anything serious with them.

pandas are so awful that i quit the game after cataclysm and never came back
>>
All in all, it's just hard to write a book when every chapter ends with "and then the big boss guy got bodied by a gang of 40 loosely organized nigs"
>>
>>329278743
>not enjoying the chronicles of more dots
>>
>>329278682
>blizzard never does anything serious with them.

I dunno man, I liked the mechagnomes and Mimiron since it was at least something. It seemed like they at least kind of gave a shit about gnomes all of the sudden during Wotlk but then forgot about them and stopped caring again following Cata.
>>
>>329279634
>AYO HOL UP
>SO YOU BE SAYIN
>WE WUZ MECHAGNOMES N SHIET?
>>
>>329277716
when is it coming out?

I'm hyped about it, I think I might buy it, but then again, it that money will probably be used for shitty expansions and content
>>
File: 1453416666266.gif (1003 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1453416666266.gif
1003 KB, 400x400
>>329280294
>SO YOU BE SAYIN
>*SMAX LIPS*
>YOU BE SAYIN
>*BOMBS THERAMORE*
>SO HOL UP
>*GOES BACK IN TIME*
>SO HOL UP YOU BE SAYIN
>*SHITS IN SPIKY MUDHUT*
>WE WUZ WARCHIEFZ N' SHIET?
>>
>>329280624
Amazon said something about march 15th.
>>
>>329278743
have the books been corrupted by that champion/chosen one shit from wow
>>
>>329273590
>>329273869
Illidan said he was going to provide a clean source of power, that source of power was in the black temple but he refused to give it to kael for some reason so he join the legion because fuck you blind cuck.
>>
>>329278526

People were bitching to get Pandarens into the game since early vanilla.
>>
>>329278526
Pandaren were nice addition, Worgen on the other hand...
>>
>>329286140
>greymane is the new memethos
worgens were a mistake
>>
>>329272252
The best explanation they've ever given is this:

"lol they just went crazy"
>>
>>329272252
are you saying you think Archimonde isn't evil enough?
>>
>>329286140
>Pandaren were nice addition
>same race on both factions

nah
>>
>>329287798
>goblin is not the neutral race
Biggest mistake ever.
>>
>>329274054
Garrosh went evil and was never corrupted.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (113 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
113 KB, 1280x720
>>329288182
>>
>>329287917
I don't mind that as much because Goblins were always on Horde side in the older games, and there's more than enough neutral Goblins - they played that pretty well

having the exact same race on Horde and Alliance without much of a good reason is genuinely retarded though
>>
>>329288314
He's still in complete control of his actions.
>>
File: 1446850040815.png (789 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1446850040815.png
789 KB, 1280x720
>>329288314
my image is more credible
>>
>>329288314
It was infused garrosh not corrupted.
>>
>>329288691
said one dev tweet, everything in game shows him getting mindfucked by y'shaarj

>>329288776
the model was literally called "CorruptedGarrosh"
>>
>>329288980
I don't care about the model name, he wasn't corrupted he infused himself with the power of the heart and he wasn't mind fucked he knew what he was doing.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.