[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>nothing good on the horizon >vidya is dead, and we killed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 8
File: onelastpunishment.jpg (95 KB, 575x316) Image search: [Google]
onelastpunishment.jpg
95 KB, 575x316
>nothing good on the horizon
>vidya is dead, and we killed him
>depressed for ten minutes
>realize dark souls 3 is coming out in a few months
>a playable game that might actually be pretty good
>I'll take it
>but perhaps the dying gasp of vidya?

what are you going to do on march 24th when vidya comes to an end?
>>
Wait for
>Pillars of Eternity 2
>Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines 2
>Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
>XCOM: Terror from the Deep 2
>Grand Theft Auto VIce City
>>
Wait for Xbox to finally make 360 backwards compatible games people want to play
>>
>>329253236
Why did Snake choose to off himself in front of Big Boss' grave?

Was he even considering the gravekeeper's feelings?
>>
File: ROTW.gif (2 MB, 269x203) Image search: [Google]
ROTW.gif
2 MB, 269x203
>>329253381
>Pillars of Eternity 2
kickstarter cRPG that will undoubtedly have shit gameplay and other issues
>Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines 2
unknown game we won't see for years
>Deus Ex: Mankind Divided>they've gone open-world and the reboot was a fluke
>XCOM: Terror from the Deep 2
didn't play because I guessed it's not as good as the original, and now that yahtzee's review is out, it looks like I was right
>Grand Theft Auto VIce City
I'm not falling for this shit again
>>
Protip: Stop playing games for a week and you'll enjoy vidya again when you come back. If you're bored again, rinse and repeat.
>>
I could handle a year or two without any decent new release with ease. I still have some backlog left on top of replaying some old favorites + team games when we have enough people online.
>>
>>329253930
you put some effort into it, so
here's a (you)
>>
>>329253968

If that actually works. Shit
>>
>>329253968
doesn't work for making new games not bad
>>
>>329253930
New Mount and Blade and if you're not hype for that just move on from vidya, because you clearly are too cynical to have fun anymore.
>>
>>329253968
This.

I'm not NEET-shaming, but get out of your house and try some other hobbies. You most likely play video games too much. You most likely stay in your house too much. Do something else for a while ffs.
>>
souls games were never good. You might as well pull the trigger now, homo.
>>
>>329254257
doesn't work fags, doesn't make bad games (almost every new game) any better

tried it, doesn't work, NEET or not
>>
File: 1456086646068.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1456086646068.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
But the future in gaming hasn't been so bright in years anon.

Gravity Rush 2
Zero Time Dilemma
Nier Automata
Setsuna
Ratchet & Clank
Shenmue III
Final Fantasy XV
New vanillaware game
Persona 5
Ni No Kuni 2
Nioh
Dragon Quest XI
Star Fox Zero
New Zelda
+ kinda hyped for dark souls 3
+ Tons of others
>>
>>329254654
maybe if you're a weeb that likes anything japanese whether it's good or not, anon
>>
File: 1403430642627.png (92 KB, 513x512) Image search: [Google]
1403430642627.png
92 KB, 513x512
>tfw big vidya collection
>don't play vidya every day
>still working through backlog

This gen is pretty barren right now. I'll agree on that.

Space out vidya so you don't get burned out and maybe look for older titles you didn't know about or passed up. Look into fun arcade games if you want quick drop in/out gameplay.
>>
File: 1456513310753.jpg (18 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1456513310753.jpg
18 KB, 320x320
Video games aren't dead, you are just jaded
>>
>>329253930
>jaded cunt
>doesn't play videogames because of it
>forms his opinions on games he hasn't played from youtubers

yeah, just kill yourself.
>>
play some older shit you haven't played there is always something
>>
File: is.jpg (793 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
is.jpg
793 KB, 1920x1080
>>329253236
Keep playing grand strategy games until they bore me and then finally quit this fucking hobby
>>
>>329254741
I wouldn't say that, I hate stuff like neptunia, fire emblem, atelier games and that kind of stuff.

What games did you like in the past, if nothing from my list interests you?
>>
>>329253930
>going open world and the reboot was a fluke
It's adding more hubs. If you played hr, you'd know that's a good thing.
>>
>>329254881
then how come I could go back and play old vidyas and enjoy them until I ran out a year or two ago?

how come we all just accept the new hitman is going to be shit even though it's ostensibly trying to be blood money 2.0?

how come there are still occasionally good games, like bloodborne?
>>
>>329253236
>Hey its my post from 2008!
>Quote from my post in 2010
>>Quote from my post in 2014
>>>Quote from my post in 3029210
>>
>>329255192

>ran out of old vidya

Yeah, I really fucking doubt you played every good old game.
>>
>>329253968
I've been doing that for the past 5 years. Problem is that as time goes on, my vidya brakes have to be longer and longer.

I think that I'm on the verge of taking one final break and never coming back
>>
>>329253236
playing SFV online or with friends locally
playing Project X Zone 2 or Fire Emblem Fates
be waiting for The Division to play with friends online
saving money to buy Neptunia VII
waiting for Guilty Gear Revelator
Waiting for news of the NX
etc etc
>>
>>329253236
I wish children like you killed themselves after MGSV like they said they would, you're whining has gotten irritating.
>>
>>329253236
>>nothing good on the horizon
DS3, Dishonored 2, DE:Mankind Divided and more but I don'T have a pc that could play it so I don'T really follow up atm.
HL3
>>
>>329253930
>Taking yahtzee as an authority on anything
kill yourself my man
>>
>>329255141
thief 1, 2
blood money, contracts
deus ex
system shock 2
resident evil 4
dead rising 1, 2
portal
sands of time
silent hill 1-4
half-life
saints row 2
vice city
shadow of the colossus
wind waker, majora's mask
demon's souls, dark souls, bloodborne
spider-man 2
amnesia
mgs1, 2, 3, PW, GZ
blood
doom
duke nukem
painkiller
bioshock

and many more

I like a FUCKTON of games but these new games are almost all SHIT or they have like one good thing about them in a sea of filler garbage like black flag
>>
>>329253236

>nothing good on the horizon

Who cares? I am willing to bet there are at least 100 video games that you would love, yet have never played. And you know what, they were all released years ago. Why don't you look into the backlog of history instead of being a faggot getting hyped up for shitty new releases.

If you want true quality, don't play a game until it's already been out for a few years, by that time all hype and shilling have died down and if people say a game is good, it means it's actually good. You will never (or very rarely) play a shit game again.
>>
>>329255626
my tastes are similar to his, and based on what I've observed the game looks derivative at best
>>
>>329253236
If Snake had killed himself then would MGS4 been a better story?
>>
>>329255805
Any recommendations? Doesn't have to be a huge list. Maybe one or two titles that you think are usually overlooked.
>>
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy V
>>
>>329255993
It would've been better but still not good
>>
>>329255797
Okay bear with me.

That list covers a date range from about '96 to 2010, so 14 years. You have enjoyed 35 games in 14 years, which is roughly two and a half games per year.

Its february, I'm assuming you're OP. You have admitted that (and have shown a past enjoyment) you are already looking forward to one game.

That's ahead of your yearly average. Even if you got through the entire year with only one game it wouldn't really imply anything statistically relevant.

Have you considered calming down?
>>
>>329255264
Yes, I have.
>>
The fact that dark souls 3 has a season pass is a huge red flag for me. Other than that it looks great.
>>
>we killed it
>dark souls good
postin in ebin bait thread
>>
>>329255805
>I am willing to bet there are at least 100 video games that you would love, yet have never played. And you know what, they were all released years ago.

This. Played an SNES game called SOS today. Holy shit. Best use of mode-7 ever. I had no idea a game like this was possible

Also played Skies of Arcadia.

I'm on a 2003 windows xp toaster
>>
>>329255797
Nigga you just got old
>>
File: septentrion.png (198 KB, 569x460) Image search: [Google]
septentrion.png
198 KB, 569x460
>>329256581
forgot image
cool game where shit gets boats go upside down and people die
>>
>>329256016

I have no idea what your taste is or what you have already played or not. Going to assume >>329255797 this is you.

Have you played Men of War? How about fan missions for the Thief games, they are usually good. Pshychonauts is an overlooked but good platformer. There is SS1, Resident Evil Remake and the other classics. Forbidden Siren is a great stealth horror mix. Haunting Ground is also good. Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Medal of Honor: Allied Assault. Also there is a whole list of good Star Wars games from the late 90's to mid 2000's you didn't list there. If you don't like Star Wars fair enough but most of the games (like Jedi Knight for example) are mechanically good enough to be fun despite them.

You didn't list FEAR on there so I will mention that. Dark Messiah. Ratchet & Clank. Max Payne. SSX Tricky. Freestyle Metal X. Hitman 2 and Contracts. Hard Reset. Dead Space. The first three Onimusha games. Flatout 1 and Ultimate Carnage. Brothers in Arms. Jak and Daxter. Project Zero/Fatal Frame. Gun, Spyro, Crash. And this is just shit I've played and finished personally, I've got a lot of stuff in my own backlog that looks really interesting that I want to start soon. I could go on but I am at character limit.
>>
>>329256324
I've enjoyed "many more" games, anon, they're just some noteworthy ones

I'd be happy with more movie games like the last of us, even

GIVE ME SOMETHING THAT'S PALATABLE AND PACED WELL FOR FUCK SAKE
>>
>>329255797
>they have like one good thing about them in a sea of filler garbage like black flag

this is what all video games actually are, your brain is turned off for 80% of the time you're playing and only engaged once every couple of hours.
>>
>>329257178

>this is what jrpg and mmo fags actually believe
>>
>>329255797

Dead Space? Alien: Isolation? VTM:B? I'm noticing no RTS, have you tried Warcraft or Dawn of War? Maybe some XCOM?

How about some indie games?
>>
>>329257178
that's true of a lot of games, but I wouldn't say it's once every couple of hours (what kind of gameplay loop goes for a couple of hours?)

there are games there that almost never bored me though
>>
>>329257178
drop the rpg's, amigo
>>
>>329257306
played, played, don't like rts, played xcom too

I'd be happy to play some good indie games but I think a lot of undeserving indie games reach high levels of acclaim based on their budget rather than their actual quality

most 'good' indie games are just not very fun, and the most damning thing about them is that they're usually not very challenging either

I assume this is because indiefags are chasing the triple-Afag dream in their smaller pond
>>
File: 91618.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
91618.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>>329256541
NO, you HAVEN'T
>>
>>329253236
Last game I was hype for was MGS5, that was garbage. Next game I'll try is Blazblue Central Fiction. I'll probably just sell my consoles if thats garbage. Video games are just straight up shit.
>>
I'm fairly excited for Blood & Wine and DX:MD
>>
>>329257584

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-kT5SDifCU

This trailer alone made me buy the game, I completely ignored whatever threads were made on /v/ about it beforehand.

It's definitely one of the more difficult indie games and it will make you collect and use resources, especially on a first playthrough. It is thematically consistent in both A/V and the gameplay can be quite gripping. I just hope you haven't spoiled yourself on its story.

You must've heard about it so I hope you just weren't interested in it like I was before I played it.
>>
That's because your a jaded faggot with no taste. 2016 looks fucking fantastic so far, I can't wait to be surprised even more. Why not pick up a different hobby?
>>
>>329253236
You said the same shit about The Phantom Pain
>>
>all those people excited for DX:MD

you know it's going to be mediocre at best right?

the first one was a fluke that slipped through the cracks, there's no way in hell square won't fuck this up
>>
>>329258167
are you sure anon? I've been hurt before... (by indie games)
>>
>>329253381
>>Pillars of Eternity 2
After the mediocre shitfest that PoE was? Right.

>>Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines 2
Not even announced yet. For all you know it could be an MMO.

>>Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Only one I'm looking forward to

>>XCOM: Terror from the Deep 2
If it's not DLC, that one's not coming out for a few years at least.

>>Grand Theft Auto VIce City
What's the point, already played it years ago
>>
VIDEOGAMES ARE DEAD..

DEAAAAAAAAD!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>329258490

If you're puzzled or interested by the trailer just a little bit then go for it. Mechanically it's not too deep but the large number of party members allows for diverse playthroughs. You might also want to play using a guide so that you do not miss/lock yourself out of a large portion of if.

Consult YT or steam reviews if you're having any more doubts but yes, the game is not for general audience and isn't a guaranteed hit.
>>
>>329253236

>muhhh dark soullssssss

Kill yourself you worthless faggot. Kill yourself and your shitty franchise
>>
>>329259904
I don't even like dark souls that much, and I hate sequels to souls games. I've only finished the original dark souls twice and I'm not compelled to go back

but I'll take what I can get, it'll be good for at least one playthrough
>>
>>329253236
>that way he is pointing the gun there is a 100% chance that the bullet will completely miss his brains and just open a big hole in his mouth, leaving him gaging with blood till death

Can Solid Snake be anymore retarded?
Fucking clones man
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.