[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New attacks, new enemies, etc. Is this game now actually fun
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: minecraft.png (638 KB, 1193x1651) Image search: [Google]
minecraft.png
638 KB, 1193x1651
New attacks, new enemies, etc.

Is this game now actually fun as a survival MP title where you explore and struggle to live, rather than just building huge structures?

Also what are some mods that would reinforce such a game?
>>
>Is this game now actually fun as a survival MP title where you explore and struggle to live, rather than just building huge structures?
No.
The only good mode is creative.
>>
>Is this game now actually fun
No.
Threadly reminder Notch is a jew and betrayed us all.
>>
File: IXyTX.png (33 KB, 660x78) Image search: [Google]
IXyTX.png
33 KB, 660x78
Just google Vechs Super Hostile CTM

play those maps in their respective versions and thats the most "survival" you'll ever get
>>
The survival features are what killed the game.

Also they need to stop adding little gimmicks and overhaul the whole boring-as-fuck map generation.
>>
>le removed Herobrine
Now unfuck world gen and give us 1.7.3
>>
>>329250058
>The survival features are what killed the game.

The survival features are the only game Minecraft has.
And by "survival" I dont mean the food thing, but rather the item durability, enemies, and having to explore caves full of them.
>>
>>329250801
i think that's what he's saying

the hunger mechanic changes it from a game about mining and crafting and exploring to a game about farming
>>
>removed herobrine

Lies.
>>
>>329250998
I havent actually played with them, since I quit earlier, but it does sound like a chore.
Is it at any point in your progression a challenge to stay fed, or is it only annoying?

Having to find more diamonds to replace your broken armor can be a challenge, and promotes walking into danger and exploring.
Having to find hamburgers promotes staying at home and waiting, no?
>>
>>329249478
>Notch betrayed us all
Betrayed how? He never owed /v/ anything. Neither do any of the other indie devs who jumpstarted their success on /v/.
>>
>>329250058
map generation is beyond any programmer control, heck even the earth itself cant generate good terrain
>>
>>329248583
Modpacks added this shit years ago.
Try Terrafirmacraft if you want more of a struggle at the beginning.
>>
The game still sucks unless you heavily mod it with a modpack.
>>
>>329251129
other devs didn't post asking us what we wanted, what we thought of changes, and giving us secret updates until they found other audiences that didn't criticize and want anything actually added.
>>
>>329251304
>agar.io
>>
File: 1410213940804.gif (2 MB, 384x216) Image search: [Google]
1410213940804.gif
2 MB, 384x216
Mincraft is for kids , this game is for men of science
http://store.steampowered.com/app/427520/
>>
Just makes me want DQ Builders, really.
>>
>>329251507
That game is literally just 2D sci-fi Minecraft.
>>
I wish more mods would just give in and update to the newer versions
>>
When is this coming for the XB1?
>>
>>329252092
Don't you mean Xbone?
>>
>>329248583
Funny how the simplest of mods accomplish more than this update ever could
>>
>>329251507
Looks like yet another inferior Dorf Fort clone
>>
Does the game have animations yet?
>>
>>329252179
No I fucking mean XB1. Just like the PS4 is 3 characters. Don't you screw with me kid
>>
>>329252251
the game isnt even dorf , its literary just "industrialize evreything" the game you just trying to automate things so you dont have to work
>>
>>329250145
Holy shit, they're still putting that in the patch notes?
God damn it was barely funny the first time they did that.
>>
>>329248583
So what's the mod situation going to be for 1.9? Are people still going to stick to 1.7.3 or are they going to update their mods?
>>
>>329251118
Exactly.
Hunger and that sprint meter shit made me quit back then. They're annoying as fuck and add absolutely nothing to the game.
>>
File: 1456458557495.jpg (16 KB, 281x349) Image search: [Google]
1456458557495.jpg
16 KB, 281x349
This Update is basically
>Swords no longer block, now you need Shields for that, and Shields can also reflect Non-Flaming Arrows
>Axes are stronger than Swords and can also disable Shield use, so you're basically unable to block ever against other players or mobs wielding Axes
>Spamming Left Mouse to win doesn't work as effectively, now you have to wait for a Damage Cooldown to wear off
>Gliders which are shit because of the Internal Server, have fun gliding one moment and falling to your death the next
>Ender Dragon was buffed to be more similar to the console version
>Dual Wielding, which isn't nearly as impressive as it sounds
>Glowing, AKA an outline hack turned into a Status Effect
>a bunch of Command Block shit you don't care about because you're not autistic enough to use them
>The End was expanded upon with more islands that can be accessed by killing the Ender Dragon, although the only real purpose the islands serve is building materials, Gliders and standard Chest Loot
>Igloos that are completely useless unless you want a free Jew because the loot is absolutely useless
>Beetroots from Win10/Pocket Edition
>Craftable End Crystals which are used to respawn the Dragon
>new arrow types, Poison and Glowing that afflict the respective status effects
>new mob called Shulker (Shell Lurker) that only appears in The End, basically tries to kill you via Fall Damage by levitating you
>various miscellaneous changes
>And of course, like every other Major Update Release, Bugs out of the ass
>>
>cooldown for attacking
Whelp guess I'm staying in 1.7.3 wonderland then
>>
>>329248583
>removed Herobrine
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.