[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Division
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 10
File: news_reveal_web_101398.jpg (120 KB, 620x334) Image search: [Google]
news_reveal_web_101398.jpg
120 KB, 620x334
What went wrong?
>>
>>329244562
It hasn't went anything yet.
>>
>>329244862
You haven't played the demo?
>>
It's extremely generic. It's too easy and enemy AI is dumb. They literally show themselves to you so that you can kill them.

Just another AAA normalfag dudebro casual trash game.
>>
>>329244937
Did you?
>>
File: USAUSAUSA.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
USAUSAUSA.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>329245082
sure
>>
>>329245327
Well then you tell me what went wrong. You would seem to know better.
>>
>>329244562
>Game hasn't even been released yet.

Fuck off faggot
>>
>>329245439
not that anon, but it's a tiny bit repetitive

still fun as fuck tho
>>
It's like a more boring version of Destiny. At least Destiny had a fantasy world with aliens and cool powers. The Division is more of a generic cover shooter in New York. I can see people bored within a month.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_A9nO-off0
>>
File: rockhard.jpg (75 KB, 400x718) Image search: [Google]
rockhard.jpg
75 KB, 400x718
No content, and Ubisoft don't know how to do anything different with a worn out setting besides sprinkle a couple of enemy encounters and loot bags. You're expected to jump on the Dark Zone treadmill after completing the Base of Operations until an hour's worth of new content arrives several months later for $20, then go back to the Dark Zone.

You have teasers of this elaborate conspiracy involving the first wave of Division agents, the origins of the virus and who's helping New York to stay a shitheap, but none of this goes anywhere - even after the story expansions - because of the nature of the game as an MMO.

I know this because I come from the future. Some of you are alright. Don't go to Midtown in the year 20XX.
>>
Nobody who likes guns in video games likes shooting other people and getting fucked over because some virgin spends all day in his basement.
>>
File: 1123124161.png (148 KB, 420x250) Image search: [Google]
1123124161.png
148 KB, 420x250
>>
>>329245574
>Bullet sponges
>RPG without RPG elements
>MMO without MMO elements
>Shooting is boring
>AI is stupid
>Missions are linear and lazily-made
>PvP is a downgraded Day-Z wannabe
>>
>>329244562
being a Tom Clancy game
>>
>>329246223
This triggers shills
>>
>>329245858
>It's like a more boring version of Destiny.
>Implying Destiny wasn't boring too
>>
>>329247316
>more boring
>>
>>329245067
>Just another AAA normalfag dudebro casual trash game
Well it's a fucking ubisoft product and one that was heavily advertised even on fucking TV. Did ANYONE except anything else?
>>
What would Tom Clancy say about The Division if he was still alive?
>>
>>329247825
>Needs more plot twists
>Needs more double agents
>Needs more donuts
>>
>>329248158
It'll have tweests and traitors for sure, it already has rogues. There are big donuts in the BOO too, on the situation officers desk.
>>
>>329247825
He didn't complain about Rainbow Six Lockdown or the Rainbow Six Vegas series. He wouldn't have minded The Division.
>>
It tied to be like Destiny which was already not a very good game.
>>
Its a game made by investors, not by people who like playing good games
>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJQxV83dbzE
>>
File: woah.webm (1 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
woah.webm
1 MB, 480x270
>>
>>329247825
tom clancy has nothing to do with the games. they made the first rainbow six after one of his books by the same title and then they paid him to slap his name on whatever they want. Im surprised it's not Tom Clancy's Far Cry or Tom Clancy's Assassins creed
>>
It's a classic case of a action-rpg mismatching and incorporating the worst aspects of both genres into the game, it has the inflexible, static combat of a traditional RPG and the lack of statistical depth expected in your average FPS/TPS. It's a terrible shame too, considering how much time and hype was sunk into this
>>
it has a lot of really nice high quality assets and its pretty damn atmospheric.

it plays smooth, the mechanics are ok, they aren't clunky and don't really get in the way, but it's a bit shallow.

the systems and RPG stuff seems neat. honestly much more power curves in different directions that i was expecting. again though the price you pay is in a bit of mmo shallowness, its not like there is wounds, hydration, or any real sense of trying to survive. death isn't punishing.

i really don't see the point of the darkzone or current PvP implementations right now. the beta was missing so much its hard to tell. i guess the lore is kind of written into whatever, we're all the same ops working together. being a rogue is a temporary choice in a zone that feels like a barebores section of the open pve streets, which are in turn just barebones sections to put together mission locations and some AI spawns. its all very controlled and there is little in the way of real chaos, as the immersion tries to paint. again, if all the pve stuff was happening together with darkzone stuff on the same map, it would make more sense to me.
>>
File: nMAMElb[1].jpg (70 KB, 506x319) Image search: [Google]
nMAMElb[1].jpg
70 KB, 506x319
Post your pre-order
>>
>>329247476
>expecting people to not be retarded on /v/
>>
>>329244562

ILL TELL YA WHAT FUCKING WHEN WRONG!

GOD DAMN SAME FLAME THROWER ENEMIES THAT ARE IN FARCRY 3! THATS WHAT!
>>
>>329253173
>again, if all the pve stuff was happening together with darkzone stuff on the same map, it would make more sense to me.
This was actually the case in the E3 2013 reveal. The devs probably realized it was going to be a shitfest if they kept it like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njfj6KwEAfg
>>
File: Potential Regret.png (45 KB, 315x104) Image search: [Google]
Potential Regret.png
45 KB, 315x104
>>329253769
>>
>>329246252
>bullet sponges
If you can aim and rub two braincells together and realize enemies have weakspots this isnt a thing
>RPG without RPG elements
Yeah because character building and weapon/armor modding isnt RPG in the slightest
>>
Its fun, very fun. But to enjoy it at its fullest you really need at least two friends to play it with. If you're playing alone you're gonna fucking hate it because the AI will just fang up on you and other players will just kill you if they're touge and it so coincidentally happens that moat rouge players are always squads. So if you're alone you're gonna get killed and your shit stole very often.

If you play with friends, its a blast. If you play alone, its frustrating maybe that's why half of /v/ hates this game
>>
>>329246252
>bullet sponges
Its an RPG, genius. Its not gears of war.
>>
it's really fucking boring. Nothing to do. Yey I found a new skin for my boots.. and a shit pistol
>>
>>329244937
>You haven't played the beta with 99% of the stuff taken away?

FTFY
>>
>>329244562
> no diversity in enemies
> no raids, no missions were 2 teams fight each other and npcs
> no battlefields for team battle, just open pvp area with stupid rouge system
> downgraded graphic because of weak console generation
> no stronghold function (like guild fight)
> boring setting, but well polished.

For me, It is a 6-7/10, this is a good verdict. I will have a lot of fun with the game.
>>
The darkzone is a fucking carebear parade, that's what went wrong. Handholding wallhacks for for everyone against anyone who goes rogue. Don't even get me started on how shitty the talents are. These idiot developers handing out 30-50% damage reduction for nothing.

The game will be a shitfest full of little kids who play all hours of the day and have ridiculous gear. They will stack the DR in the medical tree and be unkillable.
>>
>>329255708
That doesnt mean enemies need to all have the same retarded AI only different in how much health they can stack.
>>
>>329258326
>>You haven't played the beta with 99% of the stuff taken away?

clinging to the "it's just beta, bro" fallacy. There's a reason devs are hiding the game from you, and it's because it's a big shallow turd you're going to pay $90 for.
>>
>>329244562

Nothing. It's a great game

*grabs you by the fucking throat*

FUCK. YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
>>
would buy game for 20 Euros and play with friends.

20 Euros this is the max!

(but I know that later DLC´s will fuck everything up)
>>
>>329261084
>The darkzone is a fucking carebear parade
> Handholding wallhacks for for everyone against anyone who goes rogue.
This. Game is shit.
>>
>Ubisoft
>>
>>329258326
>implying they will put even 49 of the supposed 99% in the final version...
>>
>>329262114

fuck you faggot. Deal with having a marker on your head. Guess what retard. YOU KNOW NOW SCRUBS ARE GONNA COME HUNT YOUR ASS DOWN! WHAT SHOULD YOU DO!

A.) RUN IN THE STREET LIKE THE AUTISTIC FAGGOT YOU ARE
B.) HIDE AND PLAN A COUNTER ATTACK
C.) Whine on a internet forum about a fucking game that will be dead in about 4 months because ubi has no history of keeping a content heavy game alive and having a stable player base.
>>
>>329262712
>4 months
SHIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET
>>
>>329262469
>>...
Don't misuse the quote function.
>>
>>329244562
>running simulator
>bland story/characters
>meh gunplay
>repetitive as fuck
>super easy even on hard and solo
>dark zone is gr8... for a day and then it becomes boring
>week after release DZ will be just TDM like on 2nd day of both betas...
>half of the game is in dlc
>to get full game you need to spend like 120$
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-02-29-16-02-10.png (170 KB, 480x854) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-29-16-02-10.png
170 KB, 480x854
>>329252276
he is literally dead.
>>
this >>329262114

>whoa epic dark zone guys
>extremely harsh area with people even more struggling to survive
>epic "you have to watch your every step and anyone can betray you momens guyz4"
>anyone goes rogue
>everyone sees rogue players instantly on map
>try to fight back as rogue
>your timer goes even more up

epic
literally catered to braindead retards
>>
>>329259505
I like the fact it has the Dark Zone for PvP instead of battlezone/arena shit like other games.

Part of the reason I hate PvP in WoW clones is that it's almost completely segregated from the rest of the game. People spend a hundred hours playing a Team Fortress 2 clone and then go into the PvE areas just to gank other people with their +2000% resistance to damage from other players gear.
>>
>>329266252
Learn to Pulse Jam
>>
Interesting premise, but nah.

>Ubisoft
>Another FPS tries to be an MMO
>Doesn't do either aspect in a good way
>>
>>329265386
i-is tom clancy gonna be okay?
>>
>>329247316
Are you fucking retarded? That is what he was implying.
>>
>>329244562
Pretty much everything
>>
>>329255708
>plaster some dps meters on weapons just because
>HURR ITS AN ARR PEE GEE NOW GUYZE
>>
>>329261298
you've been on /v/ for too long lad
>>
>>329269609
He's pressing F
>>
You know you guys are all claiming how much of a shitfest this game is gonna be, and I dont disagree, dont get me wrong. Its just you some of you are proclaiming that its simply because its Ubisoft. I still play Siege today, I love that fucking game. I will continue to play until the community is dead. Soooo, no fuck you guys. Ubisoft can produce good games.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ped2_TtCQBA
Let's look at some max level gameplay. Everyone is still using the same abilities, the enemies are still bullet sponges even with the best gear, and their AI is still shit enough that they just stand out in the open. The story moments feel like a chore that does nothing but create awkward pauses between shooting things. It's still the exact same tediously slow cover shooter it was at level 4 in the beta. An RPG has to change shit up at some point. It seems like 100% of the difficulty and progression in this game just comes from finding loot with bigger damage numbers so you can kill the same enemies but with bigger health numbers. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills when I see people saying this is the next big thing with endless hours of content.
>>
>>329272215
what game did you just describe
>>
>>329272215
The only potentially interesting aspect of this game was the PvP possibilities but everyone just farms NPCs because that's by far the easiest and safest way to progress and get the best loot.

Other groups should be kill on sight. Instead they went with a rogue system where you go rogue and you're marked on the map and the other 50 people in the dark zone all have wallhacks and massive incentives to kill you.

It's shit.
>>
>>329244562
The game design
>>
>>329244562
I don't know, I've only played a tiny bit of the early levels of the game. Maybe ask people later, when they finished it?
>>
>>329244562
people expecting anything good from ubisoft
>>
I cannot see anyone playing this alone. It just doesn't seem fun enough to slog through without a couple buddies to spice things up. I might wait until I see a stream of it to get the experience of the full game, but the beta did a shit job of showing off anything cool.
>>
>>329244562

Same flamethrower enemies from Farcry 3
>>
File: 1450934991619.jpg (64 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1450934991619.jpg
64 KB, 500x500
>>329265386
well he hasnt been writing the books(even the main brand ones) in years before his dead that last one he wrote was in 2003, the rest were basically "co-written" or not him at all.

anyway. i like the game or at least i like it from the alpha/beta stuff i played.
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.