[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What exactly is it about Blood Money that people like so much?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: Hitman_-_Blood_money.jpg (116 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
Hitman_-_Blood_money.jpg
116 KB, 1280x800
What exactly is it about Blood Money that people like so much? I've never seen any threads talking about the first three Hitman games, and I've only ever seen hatred/indifference for Absolution.

What is it about Blood Money that makes it the best Hitman game?
>>
>>329243987
It wasn't perfect, but the missions were basically "kill this guy" and either make it look like an accident, or do it however you want. That's it, no other dorection. So the levels were puzzles that you had to figure out for yourself, with many ways to complete. There were no spidey-sense hints, no popup tips, just your own exploration and trial and error...y'know...a game.
>>
>>329243987
Also, tons of levels and variety.
>>
File: serious business.jpg (142 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
serious business.jpg
142 KB, 1280x1024
It's easier than the older ones, and is more cartooney/memey.

TL;DR Silent Assassin is better.
>>
>>329245390
SNIPER HAS ACQUIRED TARGET
>>
>>329243987
try playing all the games and comparing them with each other yourself.

Contracts is better than BM imo.
>>
It's a puzzle stealth game in little sandbox.
>>
>>329245770
Are the PC ports good? I'm playing Blood Money and it doesn't even seen to have 1080p support.
>>
>>329245665
>The guard is checking your ID.
>>
>>329246860
>PC ports

actually educate yourself
>>
It's the most casual game in the series, that's why
>>
>>329246983
Alright, so it began as a PC exclusive. I didn't realize that, seeing how Blood Money has such shit options.
>>
>>329246860
>Are the PC ports good?
Yes.
Silent Assassin won't run properly in widescreen, though.
Can't remember if Contracts can or not.
>I'm playing Blood Money and it doesn't even seen to have 1080p support.
Which version are you running? Retail or Steam? If you have the Steam then there's no reason for no 1080p.
If you have retail, double check and make sure you have the latest patch installed.
>>
>>329247158
>Silent Assassin won't run properly in widescreen

Well the HD collection on PS3/360 does. Also usually for PC games there's always a fix, via editing the .ini file or just a modification.
>>
>>329247158
Steam version. There's two options at launch, running the game and configuration options. It only gives me 3 resolution options and I think those are all 4:3.
>>
File: hitman 2 ninja.jpg (88 KB, 500x395) Image search: [Google]
hitman 2 ninja.jpg
88 KB, 500x395
>>329245390
YYYAAAMMMEEEHHH
>>
File: bm.jpg (497 KB, 2048x1080) Image search: [Google]
bm.jpg
497 KB, 2048x1080
>>329246860
They were made back in the day, when majority of PC users used 4:3 monitors.
But Blood Money should have 1920x1080 support.

But you should download widescreen patch anyway, in BM it increases fov.
Contracts on Steam should have native widescreen support. Outside of Steam it's bugged even when patched.

Also in BM, if you're going to use first person mode, disable post processings. For some reason they bugged it in 1.2 version.
>>
>>329247363
>Also usually for PC games there's always a fix, via editing the .ini file or just a modification.
I never got it working properly.
For me, the game itself ran fine, but the cutscenes would just never load, thus freezing the game.
I'm sure if I had saves for every level I could possibly get around it.

I don't mind playing in standard def as long as AA works.
>>
it was the best one mechanically and had the most open ended maps

the other games were also great but they felt more linearly progressive i.e. you must pass through this area in order to get to the next one where as with blood money you could sort of just fuck off and explore the map however you wanted and in any order

I could list a bunch of examples of this but honestly you'd be better off just playing the game and replaying missions by taking COMPLETELY different routes improvising through stuff as you come across it, none of the other games in the series give you the same level of freedom

I did a suit only silent assassin run on professional and it was by and far the most fun I've ever had in any sort of stealth game bar none
>>
>>329246860
>Hitman
>PC ports

thanks for the (You) though.
>>
>>329243987
the levels are just way better than any other hitman
>>
>>329247448
Use the in-game options.
>>
>>329247526
Sleep in heaven, 47.
>>
>>329247591
are they fuck
>>
>>329243987
the levels
>>
File: ninja fight.jpg (55 KB, 600x449) Image search: [Google]
ninja fight.jpg
55 KB, 600x449
>>329247513
Fighting Ninjas was fun.
>>
>pre-2007 game
>hud doesn't scale
The problem of high resolutions.
>>
>>329247526
>>329247623

I never tried it from the main menu, only when I was in a level. Thanks guys.
>>
Great levels, basicalyl huge puzzles, many different approaches.
I have finished every level on pro SA with almost all different regular methods of killing.
But I have also finished every level by getting my pimped M4 with double drums and just wasted every single mofo in the level.
And every single approach is viable, though guns blazing shouldn't be done until having finished the game with at least the second highest rating, else you won't have enough money for all the goodies.
>>
Does the option to upgrade things unlock as you go the game, or do I have to do something specific?
>>
>>329248382

Unlocks as you progress through the missions.
>>
>>329248382
Every few missions you unlock new ones.
>>
>>329248382
*through the game
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.