[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you agree with him?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: 1455808502707.png (2 MB, 1242x2943) Image search: [Google]
1455808502707.png
2 MB, 1242x2943
Do you agree with him?
>>
>>329242113
I wonder, if they just flat out said "Oops, we fucked up on that one, sorry folks." would people give a shit?
>>
>>329242113
Which him?
>>
File: magicxylophone.jpg (104 KB, 565x425) Image search: [Google]
magicxylophone.jpg
104 KB, 565x425
Literally (You)
>>
>>329242113
Sort of, I get why he's upset but you shouldn't make a big deal about it. The terminal doesn't show a year so he could just assume that those entries were made after the the guy from FO2 made Jet
>>
>>329242219
Pete Hines
>>
>>329242207
No, but the fact that he responded with "LOL it's just a video game" when he's one of the people who made it pisses off fans of the series. Internal consistency in an RPG is something outlandish to ask for.
>>
>>329242113
I hate Pete Hines so fucking much. The last tweet pretty much shows he takes no fucking pride in his work whatsoever.
>>
Absolutely not. Realism and believability are two separate things. Good fiction can't exist without believability.
>>
>I don't really like JRPG games, they are too crazy and insane, I like my RPG's realistic.
>This part of your game makes no sense.
>WHOOOOOOOO CAAARES IT'S A FANTASY.

Really Pete Hines?
>>
>>329242401
*is not something outlandish...
Shit
>>
If you don't care about the lore and logic of a series, you probably shouldn't work on it and would do better making your own instead of leeching off of the work of others and actively making it worse/breaking the continuity of it.
>>
>>329242113
How come Bethesda is horrible at everything? Do they spend all their budgets on snorting coke off of hookers' butts?
>>
>>329242113
I think the autist is right about the timeline of drugs but I think the dev is right about the Fridge thing since it's just a shitty IdJ joke.
>>
>talking mutants and ghouls
They're mutated humans, why would being able to speak be so outlandish? I also hate the fallacy when discussing any fiction to be like "well, we've got some fantastical elements so every fucking law of nature can now be thrown out the window and it doesn't matter".
>>
>>329242113
The fans of the current games couldn't care less. They would just call that guy a hater and continue licking the shit out of Hines asshole.
>>
It's really the least of FO4's problems.
>>
>>329242434
>Realism and believability are two separate things. Good fiction can't exist without believability.

This.

If you want to create a good fictional world you need have it play by its own rules. It may not play by our rules, but it needs to play by its own. Otherwise it loses its footing and any sense it has of feeling "real".
>>
>>329242747
This

Game is a turd
>>
>>329242904
I hate this so fucking much.
>But magic exists, so we can do what ever we want without explaining it
No, fuck you.
>>
File: 1450421628959.png (226 KB, 620x670) Image search: [Google]
1450421628959.png
226 KB, 620x670
>>329242747
fucking this
>>
>>329242747
this so much

that doesnt directly mean it shouldnt be dealt with, but compared to other inconsistencies in the story (which doesnt actually make any sense whatsoever) its really unnoticable detail
>>
>>329242747
I don't think it's the LEAST. The filesize of the commercials that play before you press start are a problem, but they're not as bad as that.
>>
>Hines
>vp of pr/mktg at bethesda
For VP of PR and Marketing, he seems like he's not interested in his job at all.
>>
>>329243460
Most millennials in this fields get burnt out extremely fast when they realize customers actually expect standards from them.
>>
>>329242445
what a knucklehead.
>>
Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that this was just a stupid gimmick that nobody used for more than an hour?

It's one thing that we couldn't trust anything Todd said relating to gameplay, but now we know he's a total money-grubbing shill that will push dumb preorder gimmicks,
>>
>>329242298
>world building and consistent story telling doesn't belong in a RPGs
>>
File: 1398765400927.jpg (34 KB, 449x500) Image search: [Google]
1398765400927.jpg
34 KB, 449x500
>>329245105
>People actually paid for this lump of plastic
>>
>>329245105
it's that

and that is 100% perfect for the people that buy fo4, the normie audience

they buy this shit to brag and maybe show to someone that comes over to show how nerdy and cool they are, then hide it or throw it away
>>
>>329245105
>Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that this was just a stupid gimmick that nobody used for more than an hour?
Just like the game itself then.
>>
>>329245105
>paying for this

lmao
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.