[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you want to see in the world of warcraft 2?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
What do you want to see in the world of warcraft 2?
>>
No more pushing us as the super special snowflake of our faction. Or at least a dialogue option to just make your character seem more like a mercenary.
>>
Decent race models
>>
>>329228772
Can't do it
Wotlk started this and become the most popular expack
Why would you want less players?
>>
some warcraft and a nice world.
>>
A development team that communicates at every level of itself and isn't contemptuous of the playerbase.
>>
>>329228448
A graphical engine that's not based on Warcraft 3's engine

A combat system that evolves the GCD system like FFXIV

Putting emphasis on the WORLD of Warcraft instead of making the game a queue simulator.
>>
File: night time wowg.jpg (133 KB, 894x668) Image search: [Google]
night time wowg.jpg
133 KB, 894x668
>>329228448
High level ERP content
>>
>>329229895
People like you ruined mmo genre
>>
>>329228772
they can do the special snowflake thing if they really want to
just stop fucking pretending that the player is the ONLY,SINGULAR, 1 (ONE) hero of Azeroth
the game has over a million players ffs
>>
>>329229660
>some warcraft

Now you're asking for too much.
>>
>>329229639
That's not why WotlK was popular

>Why would you want less players?
>implying we can even go lower
>>
>>329228448
a big world full of secrets, and make it impossible to datamine, thats what ruined the genre
>>
>>329230448
You can't make it impossible to data mine unless you literally made the entire game server side, basically making the game play like absolute shit.
>>
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 226x223) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 226x223
>>329229639
>being this retarded
>>
more ways to die.
the game feels so safe, nothing is threatening. it's a child's game right now.
make factions better. i honestly think the faction and reputation system is garbage. it's a bar that you fill up arbitrarily so you can unlock a trinket, there's so little immersion.
make the quest text and the NPC monologue separate so i don't feel like i'm reading transcripts of conversations instead of having actual conversations.
>>
>>329229895
>>329230035

It's fun to watch WoW lore threads and see people conjecture about what's going on because the players are as confused as Blizzard.
>>
File: 1345100360914.gif (290 KB, 378x369) Image search: [Google]
1345100360914.gif
290 KB, 378x369
>>329229639
>Flavor text is why WotLK was popular
>not updated Naxx, Ulduar, good PvP and the Lich King model
>>
>>329228448
New engine
>>
>>329230925
>>not updated Naxx, Ulduar, good PvP and the Lich King model
Yeah, there retards who cared about Arthas, but pvp was shit, Naxx was one of the worst raids in the history of WoW(Almost as bad as MC), and Ulduar was a cancer that killed wow
>>
File: tcg-series2-081-full.jpg (1 MB, 874x1200) Image search: [Google]
tcg-series2-081-full.jpg
1 MB, 874x1200
>>329228448
What I WANT from WoW 2:
>Less facebook game shit.
>Harder singleplayer and multiplayer content.
>No flying.
>Emphasis on community and without phasing.
>New engine and type of mechanics.

What I DO NOT WANT from WoW 2:
>Diablo 3-esque world legendaries.
>One weapon fits all bullshit.
>Metzen writing the story
>>
>>329231462
>Ulduar was a cancer that killed wow

most blatant bait ive seen this year
>>
>wrath of the lich king was a good expansion

when will this notion finally die? wotlk was the one that not only made wow worse, it killed MMORPGs for good.
>>
>>329228448
How about meaningful content that's released frequently instead of this 1 year per raid tier and that's it bullshit.
>>
>>329228448
gay relationship
>>
>Blizzard launches wow2
>it still has flying mounts
>>
What would you prefer: more small raids, or fewer large raids?
>>
>>329230925
>updated Naxx
>literally rehashed content because it was too hard the previous time
The epitome of casual shittery, right here. And people say WoTLK didn't kill WoW.
>>
>>329228448
Rather have a rpg style game like TES, with selectable races and a big open world, with writing similar to the Witcher series. Mom's are a dying genre.
>>
>>329232863
People get blinded by Ulduar.

Ulduar was a fantastic raid, maybe even the best, or at least top 3, but that doesn't save the expansion. Wotlk was shit in almost every other regard.
-The start of casual dungeons.
-Rehashed naxx as the entry raid.
-Splitting every raid into 10 and 25man so you had to run the same raid twice a week, further fucking it up by adding heroic modes too later.
-The introduction of a new class which was horribly imbalanced and only further made balancing the game even more difficult.
-PvP became an absolute nightmare, BC may not have been perfectly balanced, but it was far better than how awful Wotlk was. The change to resilience only made things worse.
-The introduction of LFG.
-ToC and 'heroic' mode raids.
-ICC
-Blizzard bringing back the whole timegated raid bullshit with ICC even though literally nobody liked it with sunwell.
-Had to farm ICC for over a year.
-That start of classes becoming ridiculously homogenized.

Did i miss anything? Ulduar was a shining light in what was a pile of shit. Some people seem to think ICC was a good raid too but it really wasn't. I was in a very good guild and had heroic ICC on farm, it was a fucking horrible raid after you ran it a couple of times.
>>
>>329229952
>A combat system that evolves the GCD system like FFXIV
Get out of here shill. XIV did not 'evolve' GCD at all. If anything XIV made GCD even more prevalent because it's 2.5 fucking seconds long rather than any other MMO I can think of making between 1/2 a second to a full second.
>>
>>329237896
yeah you summed it up.

every wow player was saying this when wotlk hit the market. I left before ulduar and several years later when I read up on wow again, people were raving about how good it was. I suspect a lot of vanilla and tbc people left, because goin from tbc to wotlk was perhaps my biggest online disappointment to date.
>>
>>329232863
>Good raids and one great raid
>Decent pvp
>Fantastic Questing
>Fantastic Soundtrack
>Some minor gameplay elements like barbershop and WG.
>Great Zones in Northrend
But what really sold it was the conclusion to the whole Arthas/Lich King story line. Besides that it was a decent expansion with some great aspects to it.
TBC was great but every expansion following wotlk was missing some shit, they did well in some places but the rest suffered for it.
>>
WoW 2 would just be more of the same casual shit nu-blizzard has been churning out form years now.
>>
>>329242148
this
>>
>blizzard launches WoW 2
>it's just a cash shop
>>
>>329237896
>Ulduar was a fantastic raid
No, it wasn't
Most of oldfag raiders left around there
It's perfectly shows how bad ulduar was
Peopl loved it for some reason people loved Kara, it was their first actual raid
But there was nothing good about ulduar, normal modemost of times was too easy for real raiders and hard one was only hard because unfair gearchecks
>>
File: bobby-kotick.jpg (123 KB, 668x190) Image search: [Google]
bobby-kotick.jpg
123 KB, 668x190
>>329242148
Want to enter that new raid? It will cost you Blizzard coins.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.