[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark cloud 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5
File: Dark_cloud_2_us_front.jpg (141 KB, 640x908) Image search: [Google]
Dark_cloud_2_us_front.jpg
141 KB, 640x908
Any thoughts of this game? Is it better than the first? It looks fun but time consuming
>>
>>329228227
>It looks fun but time consuming

This is what it was for me.

It's a lot of the same shit over and over, but to me it was always pretty fun.
>>
i thought it was great, pretty much an improvement to the first game in most ways. so if you liked Dark Cloud 1, you will enjoy 2.

it can get a bit repetitive and the combat system is solid but very basic.
>>
currently 80 hours in and at the final chapter (optional dungeon)

It's a fun game that is way too heavy on repetition.

If you can tolerate straight hallway dungeons with only enemies and chests, you'll have a fun time.
>>
Where the fuck is Dark Cloud 3, Level-5, you cocksucking faggots?
>>
There's a fuckload more to do, that's for sure.

Shame Monica is fucking shit compared to Max gameplay-wise.
>>
>>329228839

sorry anon, level 5 is too busy shitting out smartphone and children's games
>>
>>329228839
Never ever, enjoy your Yokai Watch and Inazuma Eleven :^)
>>
Yea there's a lot of dungeon crawling, but there's so much shit to do outside of the dungeon crawling. If you get bored, just go do something else and come back.
>>
>>329228839

Now that they've finally got a series to milk (Youkai Watch), we can lose all hope.

It's a miracle they even considered dabbling around with Fantasy Life.

>>329228860

It was disappointing, but wrenching motherfuckers in the face wearing a clown costume was never not funny to me.
>>
I loved this game when I was younger, but I just can't put the time into it anymore. I don't wanna grind to synthesize good weapons.
>>
>>329228860
Monica swordplay feels much better than max's hammers.

Endgame max' guns shit over everything though.
>>
>>329228895
>Eleven
I cant even tell if thats the name of the game or the iteration theyre up to
>>
>>329228951

>thinking there are only eleven of the games

it's actually also the name of the game

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inazuma_Eleven_(series)
>>
>>329228928
Use the name change glitch.

buy a name changing ticket for 40 medals, rename a weapon to LEGEND, Super Nova or Island King and you'll get the final tier weapon.
>>
>>329228839

They did 二の国 and are working on 二の国2 now.
>>
File: Island_King.png (62 KB, 414x325) Image search: [Google]
Island_King.png
62 KB, 414x325
>the best weapons were also the most stupid looking ones

as someone who likes min-maxing but also likes to pick gear depending on their looks, this really conflicted me
>>
>>329229024

i couldn't get into ni no kuni. the combat was retarded as fuck and the storyline was so boring and slowly paced I gave up around the 10 hour mark

the only thing i liked about it were the ghibli art and the joe hisashi music
>>
>>329229017
Was it one-time use? Cause I always wanted to save up for the cat ears.
>>
>>329229059
You do know that due to combo length & speed, the highest attack power doesn't necessarily mean the best, right?
>>
The battle theme from DC1 is permanently hammered into my brain.

It never leaves.

Help.
>>
>>329229143
Yeah each name change ticket is 40 medals coins and be used once

There are however 300+ medals so you can also buy clothes.
>>
>>329229098
I grew to like the combat and I enjoyed the story did feel like I was on a adventure entering a town with a problem, solving it and leaving the town with everyone saying how great a wizard I was.

And the ending was pretty cool.

Its just our opinions though
>>
>hey lets add a golfing mini game
>however make it so that you have to clear the entire floor of monsters before you can try again if you fail

What a horrible design choice
>>
>>329229476

spheda was cool but i agree that making you clear the floor again was the most retarded shit

i gave up on that minigame pretty fast
>>
File: 111 (16).jpg (34 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
111 (16).jpg
34 KB, 480x360
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLc23RYuClk
>>
>>329230158

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWvVcF07DGA

dark cloud 2 definitely had the comfiest towns and music to go along
>>
File: Dark Cloud 2.jpg (47 KB, 490x359) Image search: [Google]
Dark Cloud 2.jpg
47 KB, 490x359
>>329228227
It's probably one of the best action/RPGs ever made. When I'm with my clan of role-playing buddies, and we discuss games that are good versus games that are overrated, this one always gets mentioned and praised a lot. According to most, it's a better action/RPG than the Kingdom Hearts games. And yeah, it's leagues and miles above the original Dark Cloud. I'd say you'd be wise to play it, anon.
>>
>>329231354
>we discuss games that are good vs games that are overrated

You guys sound like a blast
>>
>>329231448
Not sure if sarcastic or not, but yes, some games are overrated.
>>
>>329228895
>>329228924
But dont forget about their new series they're hyping up: Snack World!
>>
>>329228741
So it does the weapons the same way? Dark cloud 1 was my favorite game for the longest time because of that system
>>
>>329228227
Favorite game of all time.
>>
I never beat DC1 legitimately, I used the broken synthsphere glitch because I started getting lazy at the moon level
>>
>>329233448
Angry Panda?
>>
>>329233694
Literally who?
>>
>>329233674
I never beat the final boss dark genie as a kid because i relied too much on toan and my super sword throughout the game. Lost my save file so im starting from scratch because i really want to say ive beaten it
>>
>>329228839
White Knight Chronicles is a similar game, try it out?
>>
>>329228653
the first one is also pretty repetitive from what i've played
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7plhqUI3ZWM

Comfiest theme
>>
Only all around good game level 5 has made.
>>
>>329233415
Sorta but not really.
Basically you can break down almost any item into its essence and apply it to a weapon to give it different stat ups. Weapons still have upgrade trees based on what stats they get.

Also theres only 2 characters, but both characters have a melee and ranged weapon plus an extra mode. One character's extra mode is great, the other's is almost completely useless and you probably won't use it out of the one time its mandatory when you get it.
>>
>>329231354
I dunno if Id say the action is better than KH, but its still a damn good game and I love it.
>>
One of my favorite games of all time. Literally the definition of "comfy". Solid gameplay, weapon building, photo taking, inventing, fishing, town building and customizing, amazing OST. Only problem I have with it compared to the first one is villagers don't walk around in the towns. That would have really made them feel more alive.
>>
>>329235220
Could literally listen to this all day. Balance Valley theme is also super comfy.
>>
I remember when I was younger I always got scared by Dark Cloud 2 so I never played it.

I think there was some creepy clown in it and a mimic chest that got me.

How was the story in this game?
>>
>>329235653
Nothing too special, but its just fine.
>>
I'd really like a hd release for vita or ps3
>>
File: 37577823.jpg (9 KB, 252x252) Image search: [Google]
37577823.jpg
9 KB, 252x252
>tfw doing the fucking Demon Shaft in DC1
100 levels
100 fucking levels
I gave up around 30, I couldn't take the tedium.
>>
It somehow had bad voice acting despite employing so many big names.

>tfw Max and Monica didn't fall in love at the end
>>
>>329236286
Well she liked him enough to abandon the future forever at the end so who knows?
>>
>>329236286
Monica uses the smStarlight Hourglass thing to go back in time to see Max. Pretty obvious there's something there. It takes back in time to "moments of gteat importance"
>>
>>329233674
I never beat it at all because the giant you had to put together would never be read as complete even with all the pieces in place for some reason.
>>
Best sword was objectively the Chronicle II.
Island King fags need not apply
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.