[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In the demo every party member gave commentaries under the bestiary
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 5
In the demo every party member gave commentaries under the bestiary entries. But in the main game it doesn't happen at first, because Yew gets left alone. And I really liked how later in the game they added a cutscene that shows they decide to fill in the journal all together: Yew uses plain black ink, Edea orange, Tiz green and Magnolia blue...
But then who was purple ink?
>>
Really liked that bit in the demo version.

Just curious - is the Moonbase restoration balanced in a better way than Norende restoration? I remember being really into that mechanic in BD at first, but then it became way too easy/quick.
>>
>>329219042
Well, for once there's no equipment shop anymore, just restorative/offensive item shops.
It's mostly to unlock the special moves.
>>
>>329219042
Yup this time around it's balanced.No broken endgame weapons/armor, only restorative/offensive items and special move parts.
Although you have CHOMPCRAFT! which im not sure it can or cannot break the game since it can give pg if you exchange for cp (addictive mini game nonetheless)
>>
>>329219559
>10000 to 1
That's literally less than nothing. Unless higher level exchange rates are much better, which I doubt.
>>
>>329219114
>>329219559
Wow, that's great to hear. Probably gonna get it once I'm done with SMT:DSO and Ace Attorney Trilogy, since I really liked Bravely Default except for that time loop bullshit.
>>
>>329219709
Highest exchange level is 100 to 1 so its still kinda crappy.
>>
>>329219890
>I really liked Bravely Default except for one of the integral parts of its narration and gameplay
You people are not worthy of this game.
>>
>>329219709
>100 to 1.
>has 4m and can make around 500k to 1m from each full box.
Not sure if that's "nothing". Still have to get myself to chompcraft village to know.
>>
Is it just me or does Bravely Second have lot more of humour than Default?
>>
>>329220010
I liked the concept and how it was tied into the world, but IMO the way they've executed that in the game was awful.
>>
This still hasn't been released on the west? I remember seeing the advertisement of this game on TV and actually made me think to buy a 3DS and Bravely Default but forgot about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmqYMCp-Mlw
>>
>>329220148
EU got it on friday.
>>
>>329220148
Yurop only at the moment.
>>
>>329220010

I liked it myself.
Though it is an integral part of the plot,I can see why people find it exhausting and repetitive.
>>
>>329220126
Did you not do any of the side quests in the later chapters and only rushed the main quest? Or did you play the imported version by chance? I guess the original game could have been called an example of some lazy design, but the international/for the sequel version fixed that.
>>
One of the things I really don't like about the sequel so far is the randomized monster stats.
Sometimes you see a super-sized variant of a fodder monster with inflated stats, and suddely it one shots your party, when normally it barely scratches it.
>>
File: theme.png (293 KB, 400x480) Image search: [Google]
theme.png
293 KB, 400x480
>>329220148

Only for EU and pirates
>>
>>329217726
I dont know who is purple, but I like him, writing in the diary like its nothing.
>>
>>329220513

>decide to fight another wave
>The enemy is feeling brave!
>almost get oneshot
>>
>>329220053
>40k pg from 4m
>>
>>329220053
Gp is pretty useless in this game compared to the previous installment. The chaining in this game makes gold so easy to make it almost hurts.

I like how they encourage you for a new game+ this time.
>>
>>329220780
True. With chain battles you can get insane amounts of gold easily.
You mean sub quest asterisk holders?
>>
Yew's special theme is hype as fuck.
>>
>>329220894
Yes, the subquests.
In general, the game has more to do. But at the same time for me, it lacked something the first one had but I can't really point out what. Music is one for what I can say right now. I think REVO spoiled me.
>>
Is the uncensor plugin complete and how exactly do I install it? I'm assuming it's not just a cia file
>>
>>329221074
Yup they seem to get that part right this time.Just got to the part where you have to pick between the jackal and derossa.With who did you side with?.
The music is ok, not as good as BD but still nice IMO.
>>
File: edea2.jpg (383 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
edea2.jpg
383 KB, 900x1200
>>
>>329221407
Jackal, but I kind of regret the choice looking back now. I wanted the speed bonus if the class still has it.
I played the japanese version, but I can't remember anymore. I think the skills got obsolete later on.
>>
>>329221407
Don't worry, in the localization the sides you pick don't matter since you get the late-game good endings anyway
>>
>>329221574
Do you mean it does matter in the Japanese version?
>>
>>329221806
Correct
>>
>>329221574
Wtf whyd they change it
>>
The music really can't compare to BD, it was simply on a whole new level.
But the sequel has some nice tracks as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjEydYHTUjs
>>
>>329222504
Yeah, it's not bad. But REVO set the bar too high.
>>
>>329222217
Care to elaborate the "changes" without spoiling too much? Does it change the endings in anyway?
>>
File: 1440834785854.gif (61 KB, 300x351) Image search: [Google]
1440834785854.gif
61 KB, 300x351
>>329217726
So is this huge improvement compared to BD?
>>
>>329222829
No, its worst in almost every way except some tweak here and there.
>>
>>329222390
Dunno
>>329222787
Later on in the game you can do the sidequests and get a good ending no matter what side you take. For whatever reason in the EU version you get the good ending regardless of your side taken before you get to the point that would normally enable the good ending. So instead of 2 outcomes per quest and a third later on, you only ever get one. Apparently they also removed a scene of Edea questioning the choices from the sidequests as well, since there were no repercussions.
>>
>>329220053
How do you make that much?
So far I've been just keeping my lvl1 20cp upgrades running at all times and blowing all my cooldowns whenever snack time is ready.
>>
>>329222829
I wouldn't say it's a huge improvement.
The game plays the same as BD, it's highly subjective if its better or worse. I find it slightly better, with the new tweaks to the combat and the plot and new sub plots.
Pick up if you really liked BD.
>>
>>329222926
Locking the best ending behind gameplay-related choices (which job asterisk you wanna have) doesn't sound all that wonderful to be either, to be honest.
>>
>>329222829
Nah.
Worst music, repeat bosses from the first game, same world map, still the crappy dungeon, tons of recycled classes, horrible plot twist, below average music, and yes, it has a looping segment.

If the first was average, the second is below mediocre.
>>
>>329222926
Thought the only changes were the tomahawk class and some sexual content (the usual stuff).
Thank you for the info.
>>
>>329222504
I'm mad that the new asterisk fight music is total shit compared to That Person's Name Is
>>
>>329222946
Snack time and max upgrades all at the same time at 6 seconds mark. That way i fill 3 boxes during snack time if I'm lucky enough I get tons of pink chomps.
>>
>>329223241
Yeah. I don't hate it, it does a nice job at creating a sense of danger for a boss encounter, but when compared to the old one, it's just plain worse. Also doesn't really fit the asterisk bosses, would be alright for non-humanoid bosses.
>>
Yesterday I saw a thread that was full of praising how Bravely Second is better than Default, but todays thread is just full of complaints how everything sucks now. I don't know what to believe anymore. "Professional" reviews praise the game too and say how the shitty loop from BD is not in this anymore, but I've never really trusted reviews.
>>
>>329222829
>>329223620

All in all, Bravely Second is a good sequel to Bravely Default. Buy it or get it if you liked BD.
>>
>censored artbook
>censored game

Guess I'll pirate the uncensored version one day. Though game looks even worse than the first, especially the characters.
>>
>>329223620
Are you a fucking moron who thinks mgrgr and gravy is funny? Congrats, you'll like the game.
>>
From the trailers the world map and towns look exactly the same as BD, is this the case because this could be a deal breaker for me if I am just going to explore the same places all over again.
>>
how bad is the localization really?
>>
>>329224029
The game is set literally 2 or 3 years after the first one. What did you expect?
>>
>>329224029
There are lot more new locations too. Its in same world though, so of course you visit some familiar places.
>>
>>329224029
Some towns are the same, world map is the same with some changes to it: new locations/towns, new monsters and some geographic changes.
>>
>>329224046
>Art book censored.
>Sub-quests censored.
>Tomahawk class censored.
>The usual sexual innuendo censorship.
>>
>>329224342
>tfw i don't give a shit and buy the game anywa
>>
>>329224342
>Sub-quests censored.
?

>The usual sexual innuendo censorship.

Gotta love how we can have a scene where two kids murder each other in the first game but sexual innuendo? OH MY GOD!
>>
>>329224410
>>Sub-quests censored.
Scroll up at your own risk.
TLDR; Choices you make during sub quests matter less in the localization.
>>
>>329224402
Yup, got the game anyway but refused to buy the special edition.
>>
>>329224402
>I don't give a shit that gameplay/choices were altered for no reason. Fuck yeah paying for less is great
You are an idiot.
>>
>>329224853
You sound mad
>>
>>329224402
>i like being cucked

you don't even deserve to be called a faggot
>>
>>329224853
>>329225027
Can't wait to buy Fire Emblem Fates too
>>
On gamefaqs there are multiple threads talking about costumes that came with pre-ordering the collectors edition, how exactly do I get those?
>>
File: 4492126.jpg (27 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
4492126.jpg
27 KB, 625x626
>>
>>329224968
You sound stupid.
>>329225078
Hey it's your money, go ahead and waste it.
>>
Do you get the chompcraft outfit for getting all chompcraft upgrades?
>>
The new game+ thing to continue the story was kind of cute.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.