[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Soul Memory was a good thing and you're all faggots
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: 2420857-2571372632-Dark-[1].jpg (148 KB, 694x362) Image search: [Google]
2420857-2571372632-Dark-[1].jpg
148 KB, 694x362
Soul Level Matchmaking:
-Minmax faggotry
-optimised builds
-very little variety in opponents
-everybody using the same equipment among 30ish viable items
-tryhard faggotry, no fun allowed

Soul Memory Matchmaking:
-nobody is truly equal
-nothing is 'optimal' so everything is viable in one way or another
-everybody using unique equipment
-no two opponents are the same
-less serious, more fun

PROVE ME WRONG DICKHOLES

OH WAIT, YOU CAN'T
>>
Soul memory kills the lifespan of populated multiplayer, both co-op and pvp.
>>
i still remember how many fucking faggots use blue blood sword and 30-40 luck for PvP in Demon's Souls.

fuck that sword and fuck Souls PvP
>>
>>329203870
Or alternatively, have a system that counts up the total soul value of all your equipped items' upgrades, or if not souls, perhaps even uniquely assigned values relative to their power, and matchmake purely by that + levels like in the other Souls games (preferably with the very wide level spread of Bloodborne).

There, twinks solved, and co-op/PvP lasts forever.
>>
No two opponents are the same? Are you kidding? I saw shit tons of players use nothing but the same spell that has the dark orbs hover around your character until you're in range of an enemy, it's pretty much the only thing I remember.
>>
>souls acquired instead of souls spent

ONE
FUCKING
JOB
>>
Soul Memory will be in 3.
>>
in the 40 hours of Dark Souls 2 I played, I was not invaded fucking once.

it's not a good system.
>>
File: 5.jpg (55 KB, 555x555) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
55 KB, 555x555
>>329205132
Nice lie
>>
>>329203870

> still shitty netcode
> only Japan and not Japan regions

There, check mate
>>
>Have to keep note of what I put stats in
as opposed to
>Keep track of every soul inducing action throughout the whole game

The former is solved with soul vessels, so only one stays as cancer.
>>
>>329203870
>very little variety in opponents

Bullshit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJSvcU8myJg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zTfAFut0IE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTObMQqDCPU
>>
>>329205165

>"you can be invaded even if you're hollow!"
>still got invaded more in DaS 1
>>
>>329203870
Soul memory was objectively better than the Bell Maiden system.

Also DaS2 was a better game than Bloodborne, not that the sonyggers on /v/ will ever admit to that.
>>
File: 1456337456666.jpg (89 KB, 431x495) Image search: [Google]
1456337456666.jpg
89 KB, 431x495
>>329203870
A lot of fun had in Souls games has been cooping with friends. Some of them will never get gud, so I had fun helping them with bosses. Soul Memory just makes playing with your friends restrictive anon.
>>
>>329205342
>no THE WALL

best gimmick build of all time
>>
>>329203870
Lol are you that same sperg from that thread that just died that went on for like five hours? You still haven't had enough?
>>
>>329203870
I stopped playing at DS2 while it was actually my favorite one gameplay wise.
During the first week I had a great time, winning 8/10 pvp matches and overall fair fights by just using an unupgraded fire longsword.

Then people started abusing hexes, spin2win faggotry which I still don't know how to defend against, and other gimmicks that are just plain bullshit.

Of course I also had a sorcerer build which was even more bullshit than anything they were throwing at me, but that's not how I wanted to fight. Eventually I stopped playing online. I got bloodborne here. Never played it. I'm not interested in ds3 because the same shit will be present. Bad multiplayer matchmaking. Unfair balance, and everyone hopping onto the flavor of the month optimal builds that are shown on youtube.
>>
I did a full playthrough of DaS2 and never even got fucking invaded once, and I saw like 4 player summon signs the entire game.

The game is a piece of shit and the Soul Memory system is retarded.
>>
>>329204429
Which is why DS1 is so much more populated than DS2, right?
>>
>>329203870
>farm 1000000 souls
>die
>you now have 1000000 souls less than people you'll be matched against
fun
>>
>>329205061
still fucks over builds that use arrows or consumables.
>>
Ds2 let me one shot people while dual wielding automatic crossbows with thunderbolts after baiting a gesture by using chameleon to hide my weapons.
So I'd say ds2 was more fun.
>>
>>329205668
Whenever I play ds1 I find almost nobody, even with the steam patch
>>
>>329206152
Start as a pyromancer, go human at Firelink Shrine, and stand around in Undead Burg for a while without going above level 10.
>>
I never got the appeal of the pvp in these games. If you want to 1v1 there are a lot of games with better combat to do that and I don't really see the appeal of invading.
My first playthrough of Dark Souls I remember being invaded about four or five times and I got slaughtered each time. Since there was a lot of stuff that killed me my first playthrough, it didn't bother me anymore than some npc killing me. It just encouraged me to go hollow since I never summoned.

I'm just asking, what's the appeal?
>>
>>329205668
The problem is and always has been the shitty connectivity between players in 1. Dark souls 2 fixed that pretty well.
>>
>>329206646

The appeal of a single-player centric game perfectly fusing multiplayer into its narrative and gameplay? The appeal of going into some dude's game and fucking his shit up hindering his progress? The appeal of gathering the gear and building your character in a single-player centric game with wonderful world design and great art direction and taking this character you've built and fighting in these cool ass areas? C'mon son.
>>
>>329205165
>>329205373
Thats what happens when no full red eye orb available.
>>
>>329207004

>no red eye orb
>cracked orbs cost a fuckton of souls
>the simple act of getting an orb raises your SM

BRAVO FROM
>>
>>329203870
>PROVE ME WRONG DICKHOLES
They aren't bringing it back for Dark Souls III.
There, I proved you wrong.
>>
>>329205803
don't float 1M souls, idiot
>>
File: 1338844508282.gif (2 MB, 564x428) Image search: [Google]
1338844508282.gif
2 MB, 564x428
>>329205803
>farm 1000000 souls
>die
>put on a ring of life/soul protection and pick up souls
>>
>>329207491
EXCEPT IT LITERALLY DOESN'T UNLESS YOU'RE RETARDED

EVER HEARD OF A BONFIRE ASCETIC?

DIDN'T THINK SO FUCKTARD
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.