[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/v/'s 2015 GOTY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 600x800
Discuss how Ori could have possibly beat BB despite having no fans here
>>
>>329192832
Salt. Salt from splatoon. Salt from the bitcher. Salt from everyone.
>>
Non ps4 owners
>>
Where's the thread?
>>
>Undertale lost to Rocket League
Disgusting
>>
>>329196047
Undertale is shit though m8
>>
>>329196237
So is Rocket League
>>
>>329196047
Who cares

Rocket league beating mh4u is much worse

It shows non idort faggots voting against games they never played instead of abstaining so multiplatform games prevail

See:2014 vote where a mediocre multiplat horror game won against one of the best action games ever since it was exclusive
>>
>>329196309
Alien Isolation was by far the best game in that poll
>>
Is this the /v/gas? Link?
>>
I haven't seen the bracket in several days, anybody have the current one?
>>
>>329196279
Rocket League is pretty good and it features good gameplay so that alone makes it better than undermeme
>>
>>329196415
No it wasn't, the game loses its appeal halfway through

Why they decided to make horror out of one of the most recognizable Sci fi creatures in pop culture is beyond me
>>
>>329196309
Alien Isolation was fantastic though. Great visuals, unique setting we don't see often in gaming, unpredictable story, good length, great atmosphere.. It was my favorite game of 2014 and I didn't even vote in that poll
>>
>Getting so salty because your game didn't win you have to make a thread about it.

What fucking impact does a /v/ poll have in real life or are you really this angry because people don't like the sake games as you?

Let's just assume it was all a massive hoax and that everyone voted for Ori just to piss off Bloodborne fans. If that's the case, making threads and whining about it is exactly what their intention is. Fucking hell, grow up. You actually think these threads are serious video game awards (not that they exist anyway)? There nothing but having a little debate and a bit of fun online.

Actually getting this salty and offended by it is SJW tier weapons grade retarded.
>>
>how can a game that's avaible on steam (the most active fanbase on this board) beat a game that's on the most hated platform?

R u retarded?
>>
>>329196047
Looks like it's confirmed. The fucking Tumblr invasion will eventually reduce /v/ to an SJW filled cesspool of Undertale fans and people getting offended and angry at the most asanine shit.
>>
>>329197240
Did you even play the games or did you fall for the memes?
>>
>>329197230
This.

People saying shit like "WAHH BUT NOONE SPEAKS ABOUT ORI ON /V/."

It's called a vocal minority dipshit. While Bloodborne is a great game, a lot of the PS4 fanboys who post on here are just cancerous attention seekers.

Same reason a lot of idiots think all Muslims are terrorists because they read about it in the media and online all the time, despite the fact 99.9% of Muslims aren't terrorists.
>>
>>329197230
>game that's on the most hated platform?
Hi toddler
>>
>>329197753
Sorry pal, I own a PS4. Doesn't change the fact that the majority of /v/ are underage meme spouting retards who feel loyalty to companies and think they are part of a team.
>>
>>329197753
sssalty
>>
>>329197281
I played it, and I enjoyed it. But this new Undertale extreme fanboyism involves people that just seem to be absolutely shocked and refuse to believe that anyone can like any game more than Undertale.

It was definitely fun to play but for me, Rocket League is more competitive, takes more skill and has longer lasting value since you can play online or with friends. I picked up Undertale, enjoyed it, finished it, redone a pacifist run, then haven't touched it since.

I don't hate the game, just this extreme fanboyism that came with it. While we've seen some retarded fanboys on here before, this influx of people who defend Undertale to the death and refuse to understand other people's opinions reeks of tumblr-esque attitudes, which is where most of the eccentric fanboys spawned from. They then came over here and while I don't personally hate newfags, posting threads to complain about shit like this dilutes a board that's already a massive shit posting session into even less actual fun threads about games.
>>
>>329198083
>people who refuse to understand other people's opinions
I would say that about the people who shit on Undertale, people who don't understand why somebody would like the game and resort to namecalling.

Also you can't judge a game because of it's fanbase.
>>
>>329197614
>that second half

Please fuck off mehmet
>>
>>329198238
Undertale has shit boring gameplay and relies on gimmicks. You can like it all you want but it's a game for plebs.
>>
>>329198238
Did you read my post? I didn't shit on the game, I just shat on these excessive fanboys. I said I liked the game, just not as much as Rocket League. I actually thought the music, especially, was excellent, but the rest of the game just didn't really have enough to wow me.

You're right, I don't have a problem with people who hate the game, it's their opinion, but anyone who just refuses to accept that other people have different tastes, regardless of whether they're Underale fans or not, are cancer.

There just seems to be a much larger amount of people that fall into the category of Undertale fans who act like this, compared to other groups.

I have hardly ever seen a reasonable post from a fan of Undertale on here. Nearly every one seems to have the same fucking mindset and either shifts goalposts or just shitposts constantly. I'm not saying reasonable fans don't exist, just that I don't see many of them.
>>
Games don't get talked about here long term unless they are very popular or very hated
BB is probably the most popular on here given the sheer number of threads, which is hilarious because there's already a containment board for Soulsfags.
Ori hasn't been discussed on here in months and the threads I saw at release were usually along the lines of "fun game with really nice art but nothing particularly special"
BB lost because of nintoddler spite, plus the general never ever rage
>>
>>329198506
The game was fun, the characters were fun, the dialogue was fun, the combat was fun, the different endings were fun. I had FUN, isn't that what matters?
>>
>>329198730
I enjoyed memetale but the combat is pretty gimmicky
A solid 7 or 8 out of 10, so very much above average
>>
>>329196309
Rocket League has a lock-on camera
>>
>>329197240
>will eventually reduce /v/ to... people getting offended and angry at the most asanine shit
>eventually
>getting... angry at the most asanine shit

This is /v/, friend. We're already there.
>>
>>329198495
Are you seriously trying to tell me I'm wrong and that all Muslims are terrorists?

I'm not some fucking Muslim lover who thinks all Muslims are oppressed or some shit, I'm just stating facts, that the majority of Muslims (and the entire Muslim population makes up over 1/5th of the planet) aren't terrorists yet a lot of people think they are, simply because they hear shit like that on the news every other day.

Want another example since the mention of Muslims seems to have upset you? I don't know if you knew much about this, or where you're from, but after the results of the Scottish vote on independence, so many people I spoke to were adamant it was fixed, because all they saw on Facebook was people wanting to vote "Yes", and the result came in as "No"

The reason is because the majority of Yes voters were meme sharing, attention seeking idiots who posted and shared crap online on a startlingly regular basis, whereas a lot of people who voted No were older, and less likely to be on Facebook and share and post this kind of crap.
>>
>>329196309
The only reason to buy Bayonetta 2 is to get the enhanced port of the first game which is far superior in every way other than graphics and maybe story.
>>
File: 1314834128205.jpg (7 KB, 235x215) Image search: [Google]
1314834128205.jpg
7 KB, 235x215
>Undertale got voted out
>Bloodborne got voted out
>Super Mario Maker got voted out
>Splatoon got voted out
sometimes you guys are alright
>>
>>329199056
kek
>>
>>329199320
So you don't actually care about which games we like, but you care about which games we hate? You are the true /v/irgin
>>
>>329199320
Fuq I'm mad
>>
>>329199056
You can change the camera in the game to be in front of you, or focus on the ball, and you can then move the camera with the right analogue stick to suit you.

I'm not quite sure the point you were trying to make though as it doesn't tie in with anything in the post you quoted.
>>
Bloodborne deserved the win but I'm just glad Undertale got snubbed.

Fuck that game and everyone who likes it.
>>
>>329199474
It's a common complaint in the Monster Hunter series that there is no lock-on camera

the joke is that that was the reason Rocket League won over Monster Hunter

lurk more
>>
>>329199474
>>329199056

Fuck, my bad. I'm assuming it's because MH4U doesn't have a lock on camera? Never played MH so I wasn't really sure what you were getting at.
>>
>>329199563
Its better because MonHun would be worse off a with a lock on
>>
>>329199152
>Ahmed getting angry
No need to blow up over this, friend.
>>
>>329199563
Yeah, I realised a bit late. My bad. Been lurking for ages anon, I just never bother looking at MH threads or anything to do with the game as it's never really interested me.
>>
>>329198506
>>329198906
>innovating on older gameplay mechanics is "gimmicky"
>ignoring the fact that every fight was unique, and the mechanics were totally changed with every boss fight
Did you faggots really just turn "gimmick" into a buzzword?
It would be more reasonable if you were to call the Mercy system gimmicky, especially since not having to kill anyone was advertised, but the combat itself? Fuck outta here.
>>
My goty is probably HM2, or MGSV.
>>
>>329199735
Telling a white, Scottish person he's a Muslim just because he doesn't think they're all terrorists.

Nice logic there mate.
>>
>>329199873
He's b8ing you at this point, just drop it anon.
>>
WHERE'S THE LINK
>>
Undertale's combat isn't even innovative

Knights in the Knightmare came out like 7 years ago
>>
>>329200043
You're on the wrong side of history. Undertale is the game of all time.
>>
>>329200043
But that was a fucking conglomerate of like 4 gameplay styles that didn't work well, at least Undertale's system was understandable.
>>
>>329199789
A gimmick is a device used to gain attention.

Are you trying to tell me Undertale's creator didn't design his battle system in the hope that the way he designed it would get attention?

The Mercy system is a part of the combat. Sure, using the mercy system means not actually engaging in combat, but being designed in such a way means it's a part of the overall combat decision a player makes when considering how they will play the game and how they will approach combat. Either way, the game is filled with gimmicks.

And even if it wasn't, gimmicks aren't necessarily a bad thing, the game just didn't entertain me as much as it did others.

This is the problem, the anon gave it a decent rating (7 or 8) and you still act as though it's the ultimate act of treachery in gaming.
>>
>>329199873
I think it's plane to see that that I'm crashing your party. Sorry, I didn't mean to get your goat, but you were being pretty ham-handed and pigging out over nothing.
>>
>>329199945
Yeah, good point. It actually gave me a bit of a laugh to be fair, I just got caught up in replying to shit.
>>
>>329199789
The Mercy system IS the battle system. The game completely revolves around the mercy system, the gameplay is second to the plot and it's dogshit. It is most certainly a gimmick and a bad one at that.
>>
>>329196309
No one outside /v/ fucking cares about exclusives. Literally NO ONE. If Bloodborne didn't exist, the PS4 would still be selling. Why? Because it has GTA, it has CoD, it has SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS. Those games DOMINATE the sales charts for both the PS4 and Xbone. Even fucking Halo was a blunder.

I GUARANTEE you that there will be people in the future, when the PS5 is out, that will ask "wait, the PS4 had Bloodborne?" because all consoles are multiplat machines. Hell, everyone and their mother knows that PC has 0 exclusives, yet there are two companies dedicated EXCLUSIVELY to making graphics cards purely to play console ports. There are even companies dedicated to selling prebuilt PCs. People actually consider PC to be a viable, and even superior alternative to a console. Why? Because no one fucking CARES about exclusives.
>>
>>329200486
No worries anon, I wasn't really genuinely pigging out, more like just exaggerating slightly for emphasis.

It's all good though.
>>
>>329200537
>the gameplay is second to the plot
Toby literally said he designed the combat first then built the game around it. Besides, the combat is pretty good in a few places, like the Core and the 2 bosses in Genocide.
>>
>>329200539
/v/ is just an echo chamber of rage and angsty adolescence, nothing much else to be expected, friend.
>>
>>329200867
I shouldn't say /v/ is the only one. Dedicated gaming sites, even NeoGaf, seem to care about exclusives. But if a game is PS4/Xbox exclusive, no one bats an eye. People only seem to care if games are exclusive to Nintendo consoles, who haven't been part of the 'main console market' in decades. And usually, it's because they show scorn and don't want to buy the Wii U for the one game they really wanted.
>>
>>329199789
It's unfortunately a buzzword, but the combat is gimmicky dude.
I stated I thought Undertale was a solid 7-8/10, I don't understand why you're so buttmad.
>>
>>329199320
What games do you like, though?
>>
so witcher won right?
>>
>>329201379
This is because the only reason to own consoles is exclusives, otherwise just get a pc
>>
>>329203484
In top 4 atm against Ori which it will curbs top since people only voted for it to spite BB

It'll be against either xenoblade x or rocket league and win since it's up against fucking soccer or an exclusive of the least popular console
>>
>>329200429
>Undertale's creator didn't design his battle system in the hope that the way he designed it would get attention?
I don't know, I can't read his mind, we can only infer from his actions, and like I said, if you were to say the Mercy system were gimmicky, I could see that, because he actually used that as a marketing angle, the bullet hell system not so much.
>the anon gave it a decent rating (7 or 8) and you still act as though it's the ultimate act of treachery in gaming.
Seriously misinterpreting my post. I did not question his score, I was addressing the fact that he said the combat was gimmicky. Just because something is different and unconventional, does not mean it is gimmicky.

>>329200537
>The Mercy system IS the battle system.
You're completely ignoring the dodging sequences, which make up 80% of the combat.

>>329201927
>but the combat is gimmicky dude.
How? You're not even elaborating.
Toby used the Mercy system as selling point, not the bullet hell sequences. Could the Mercy system be called gimmicky? Yes. But I do not think the dodging sequences could.
>"y-you're buttmad"
You're deflecting. I'm not disagreeing with your score, I never even mentioned it. I'm disagreeing with the fact that you called the combat in its entirety "gimmicky."
>>
>>329204164
Because the mercy system is gimmicky?
I'm not sure how this isn't apparent. I don't even think it's bad, but it's a gimmick.
>>
>>329204337
>Because the mercy system is gimmicky?
Dude, read my post again, that was my point. How many times do you have to misinterpret me? I'm only saying the bullet hell sequences weren't gimmicky.
>>
>>329192832
Bloodborne is a shit game and it is about to be made irrelevant by Dark Souls 3.

Get over your butthurt sonygger.
>>
>>329205124
>das3 confirmed to have gameplay aspects from 2

Nope
>>
>>329205124
Bloodborne was made irrelevant by Scholars of the First Sin, though.
>>
>>329192832
Where's the bracket faggots
>>
>>329207195
In the archive
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.