[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this considered the weakest M&L game? I thought it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: malpit.jpg (12 KB, 188x169) Image search: [Google]
malpit.jpg
12 KB, 188x169
Why is this considered the weakest M&L game? I thought it was the best one but /v/ considers the other ones to be superior? Why?
>>
superstar saga or bowsers inside story crcle jerk incoming
>>
>>329155721
all i remember about this one is bosses having waaaaaaay too much health
>>
Damage sponge bosses
>>
>>329155982
>>329155995
Agreed, the bosses in this game were tough, but that was a good thing
>>
>>329155721
babbies can't into difficulty.

>see here >>329155982 >>329155995

ironically the game itself has babies so maybe they're like yo we're putting babies in to take advantage of the 4 face buttons but we're sure as hell not dumbing the game down, so they made it difficult as a reaction to the aesthetic of the game
>>
Hub system instead of an actual overworld.
No sidequests.
Shroobs are boring as fuck for Mario RPG villains.
Time travel plot that doesn't actually do anything interesting with time travel.
murrcan version increased enemy health, making fights a slog.
>>
>>329156161
they weren't difficult. in the american version the fights dragged on because of the absurd amount of health they had.
>>
>>329156301
it's not hard, that's the issue. i just remember spending 30 minutes repeating the same thing over and over again to kill a boss, and was never in any danger of dying at any point.
>>
I fucking hate time travel plots so much. It is LITERALLY impossible to make a coherent time travel plot that's interesting.
>>
>game is railroaded, no returning to previous areas to discover new shit
>Shroobs are boring
>game could've taken place in the present with hardly anything changing in the plot besides BAYBEES
>bosses have fuckloads of HP in the American version
>broken Bros. Items

That said, it isn't bad.
>>
>>329156449
I thought some parts of the plot were epic, they were definitely dark for a Mario game
>>
File: 1342486157346.gif (797 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
1342486157346.gif
797 KB, 300x169
>>329156449
>Shroobs take over the past
>Present is totally unaffected
>>
>>329157541
Because it already happened
>>
File: 1432180926624.jpg (120 KB, 553x388) Image search: [Google]
1432180926624.jpg
120 KB, 553x388
>>329155982
>use red peppers
>then use trampolines and copy flowers
>pic related
>>
I preferred Partners in Time over Dream Team, but they're both incredibly weak compared to SSS and BiS.
>>
>>329158646
i'll never understand why people like bowsers inside story. i feel like it's the weakest in the series next to partners in time.
>>
>>329159532
The fact that you play as motherfucking Bowser is a reason
>>
>>329159826
i felt like he was un-fun to play as when compared to the bros. not to mention his shitty special attacks which constantly had me switching control schemes in battle.
>>
File: my-body-is-ready1.gif (1 MB, 300x239) Image search: [Google]
my-body-is-ready1.gif
1 MB, 300x239
>fighting the Shroobs in Bowser's Inside Story after all that effort to get to them
>>
>>329159532
Story wise BiS was good. Same with battle mechanics.

What is the worst in BiS was requiring bowser to move back and forth to freeze/unfreeze segments of the map.
>>
>>329156449
>>329157541
fuck this shit, seriously
it really triggered me in zelda oracle of ages
most places were in decay before you arrived and only changed after you went back in time and altered the future
but in the goron cave, they already speak about a green hero who saved their leader before you even went back in time
at least stay consistent for fuck's sake
>>
File: 1422916184394.png (332 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1422916184394.png
332 KB, 500x375
>>329157541
>Kylie Koopa reappears in Dream Team
>appears no older even though like 30 years have passed
>>
>>329155721
The Bowser fight in the volcano and the final area and bosses were pretty cool. Other than that it was pretty meh
>>
It's not a bad game, it's not even the weakest M&L game anymore with Dream Team/Paper Jam

It's just not as good as SSS or BiS which are both 10/10s
>>
DT>SSS>PJ>BIS>PiT
>>
>>329163110
SSS>PJ>>DT>>>BiS>PiT
>>
>>329161676
She seemed older to me, thought I remember wrinkles, plus she was more mellow.
>>
>>329157541
Because the bros won the fight at the end of the game. Princess Shroob knew about this apparantly and tried to sneak into the present disguised as Princess Peach, so that she could bypass the fight at the end of the game, but then why would she bother to attack the bros at the end if she knew she was going to lose. It's a mystery along with how the older Princess is being preserved in ice even though she was turned into a mushroom and eaten by Bowser, and how the older princess is able to open time holes herself.
>>
>>329164215
this is why time travel is bullshit. you have to come up with these long-winded explanations and spend all this time patching up plot holes when you could just start out with a premise that isn't butt-fuck retarded and write a good plot with that effort instead of spending that effort trying to keep a shitty plot from collapsing
>>
Too much baby action. Bosses are way too long.
>>
Surprised paper Jam stacks up quite nicely when compared with the whole series of games.

I wondered why there was an easy mode switch, and I found later on why some may have trouble.
>>
>>329155721
I played in this order

Pit
sss
dt
bis

I rate pit/dt first and bis/sss equally 2nd

Havent played pj was a bit turned off by how quickly it got churned out and how many assets got borrowed reused
>>
>>329156339
>Shroobs are boring as fuck for Mario RPG villains.
As opposed to...?
>>
>>329155982

That made them pretty fun in my experience. They were long but the challenge was okay.

That said, it has been about a decade since I completed the game.
>>
File: SMRPG.jpg (63 KB, 300x210) Image search: [Google]
SMRPG.jpg
63 KB, 300x210
Just beat this game like 4 days ago. It's pretty damn hard, probably the most difficult out of all the RPGs.
>>
I still havent my beaten princess shroob

How casual am I? I haven't tried in years though.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.