[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
imagine >E3 2016 >Nintendo is going to give details about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (105 KB, 585x580) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105 KB, 585x580
imagine

>E3 2016
>Nintendo is going to give details about Pokèmon Sun and Pokèmon Moon
>It starts
>Satoshi Tajiri comes on stage, playing Eruption with his electric guitar while pokeballs are set on fire and thrown everywhere
>he announces that Pokèmon Sun and Moon are going to be completely different than all the other Pokèmon games
>a video shows new gameplay
>boring ass turn based combat system is replaced with Custom Robot Arena-like combat
>all stats will realistically impact your Pokèmon's characteristics while fighting
>everyone shits their pants

that would honestly make Pokèmon games good
>>
>>>/vp/
>>
>>329152609
While I think a different battle mechanics would be a good change, it should start with spinoff series to try the ice. Also 3ds hardware puts limits on the combat design.
>>
Who Directed Emerald and HG/SS?

I want that guy back. If they announce he is taking the lead I might buy this pokeyman.
>>
>>329152609
>Tajiri
>ever doing a public apparition
You don't know much about him do you?
>>
>>329152609
>Pokèmon
It's Pokémon, senpaiília.
>>
Van Halen suck
>>
File: 1449541047238.gif (2 MB, 512x287) Image search: [Google]
1449541047238.gif
2 MB, 512x287
>>329152609
>>
The best way to improve Pokemon

>Both games have more than tertiary differences
>3v3 battles are the norm, speed dictates when your team moves
>EVs are entirely random
>>
>>329153219

>EVs are entirely random

How would that improve anything? EVs were already just a small level of customization for competitive players. If you randomize them, you may as well have them removed.
>>
Pokemons fine with its current system and incremental upgrades.

They just need to stop removing every good new feature after its introduction game. Keeping things like secret bases, overworld Pokemon, dynamic music, the battle frontier, that key item that replaces Fly, the dexnav and trainer customization would go a long way to help remove the sense that the series has just been moving sideways rather than forward for the past decade.
>>
>>329152609
>all stats will realistically impact your Pokèmon's characteristics while fighting
what does that even mean? I get that "all stats" and "realistically" are supposed to be a positive combination in your mind but what is even the vision here?
>>
Help me out, /v/ - do I get Moon and name all my pokemon after characters from Bloodborne, or do I get Sun and name all my pokemon after characters from Dark Souls?

the theme's too good to pass up
>>
>>329154324
Wait until we see the legendaries, at least.
>>
Pokemon Sun and Moon is subscription based MMORPG
>>
>>329154172
an idea in his head which is only good because it's imaginary.
>>
>>329154172
I hate to make the comparison, but I thought about Dark Souls' leveling system in that attack, special attack, speed, etc. all affect different aspects of the gameplay, like physical attacks, ranged attacks, dodge and movement speeds, etc.
>>
>>329152609
>stage

Nintendo does directs at e3 and has a booth. That's it
>>
>>329154172
>more speed
>you move faster
duh?
>>
>>329154125

I miss the underground desu senpai
>>
You cant save pokemon, too many autistic people playing it "competatively". It's the only community worse than smashfags.

Anyone have the image of a contest where an obese white manchild is first place, and second and third are asian children.
>>
Am I the only one that hated how the pokemon names were always all caps?
Pissed me off more than anything besides the new X/Y Exp Share
>>
>>329154172

I was thinking he meant souls. So your defense stats still reflect, well taking a hit, but stuff like speed means you move faster. Maybe even higher stat in atk/spatk makes said ability visually more stronger (flamethrower is now larger).

That being said it's a stupid idea. Stay with the original style of pokemon, just add a bit of flair and don't make it look shit. Like Digimon/Yokai/MH Stories. Just make the animations nicer, and most specifically add like one special move to each poke or something that has an interesting animation.
>>
>>329155913
have you even ever played Custom Robo Arena? that shit was awsome
>>
>>329152925
Thats shigeki morimoto, the guy who created the battle system. Hes responsible for making the games good.
>>
>>329155558
They stopped that in Gen V iirc
>>
File: moonman.jpg (20 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
moonman.jpg
20 KB, 400x400
>There are people on /v/ RIGHT NOW who arent going to pick the Moon edition

What is your excuse?
>>
>>329156669
That I'm not a giant faggot
>>
>>329156148

Yeah, custom Robo Arena was great, but not very applicable to pokemon, especially a main series title. The best you're going to get is pokken tourny and Rumble. Maybe in the future they'll make a yokai buster's clone.
>>
>>329156669
>There are people still giving Nintendo money
>The same people are excited for a game that hasnt changed since the red/blue days, only added more shitty filler like contests.
>>
>>329156928

>I am new and everyone must know
>>
File: blacksun.jpg (1 MB, 2381x3580) Image search: [Google]
blacksun.jpg
1 MB, 2381x3580
>>329152609
Pokemon Tokusatsu jRPG when?
BuRST manga and such.
>>
File: SM_(SD).jpg (404 KB, 757x860) Image search: [Google]
SM_(SD).jpg
404 KB, 757x860
>>329156669
>>
>>329157218
LOL
I'm not new, you fucking scrub. You better take that back before I go fuck your mum with my big dick and make you my daddy! FUCKING BITCH!
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.