[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why the FUCK does the kill option not trigger after parrying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: styx.jpg (128 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
styx.jpg
128 KB, 1920x1080
why the FUCK does the kill option not trigger after parrying some enemies

This game is absolute shit compared to tenchu, theres literally no escape or alternative combat options
>>
>combat
>>
>>329131742
>getting caught
>>
Stop getting caught.
>>
Its a stealth game, if you fuck up the stealth you die.

Fuck off back to MGSV,Dishonored and Skyrim if you want 'play your way' games
>>
>>329131742
It actually makes sense that styx sucks at face to face combat since he is a small little goblin.
>>
I fucking love Styx. Best fucking voice ever.
>>
>>329131742
The point is not to get caught.
>>
>>329131742

Styx has no armor and a fucking bread-knife.

The guards are in full-plate with swords.

How the fuck did you expect this to go?
>>
>>329132025

Stop defending this shit, the option should have never existed if its unreliable and doesn't trigger half the time after a successful parry
>>
>>329132213

Honestly, not even him and you cannot kill yourself fast enough.
>>
>>329131742
>literally no escape

Pardon?
>>
>>329132213
The option exists as a chance to get the fuck out if you only alerted maybe one or two goons. It's not a fail safe to ensure that your casual ass always gets to win no matter what

Have you considered that stealth games just arent for you, Anon?
>>
>>329132213
Stop attacking so soon after parrying, or (here's a suggestion) don't get caught
>>
>>329131742
>tons of stealth tools
>still get caught
Stop playing.
>>
Oh anon

This isn't a game were you get caught and go 'oh well, I'll just stab him'. This is a game where if you get caught you might get a parry off and be lucky enough to escape back into stealth.

Seriously, go back to your kiddie metal gear solid crap
>>
>>329131742

It's a stealth game because you're not suppose to get caught. If you do get caught, getting out of it is suppose to be flimsy, awkward and unreliable.
>>
>>329132051
Isn't he actually a small little orc?
>>
>>329134943
Nah, he's a goblin.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Styx:_Master_of_Shadows
First paragraph under Plot.
>>
>>329132213
You're playing the wrong game if you want to fight rather than sneak.
>>
>>329132213
You're the reason steath games are shit now.
>>
>>329135131

I'm getting the hang of it and having fun now
>>
Is it worth a Styx related thread?

I just bought Of Orcs and Men for £2, did I waste my money? Anyone here have expectation for the upcoming Shadow of Darkness game?
>>
Was the story really supposed to be predictable from the opening cutscene?
>>
>>329136034
Probably, it's mostly about the gameplay this one.
>>
>>329136176
Can't argue with that. The game was fucking solid, and actually hard. Caught me off guard with how much modern games have made me worse at games.

That last boss though was completely out of line with the rest of the game though.
>>
>>329136436
I wouldn't know about the last boss, I played about 9 hours and then the game one day stopped working. It only recently fixed itself and I've started from the beginning again. I need to get my focus back really, I was playing on Goblin difficulty when I dropped it first, I'm back and reloading constantly on normal now.
>>
>>329136656
iirc the difficulty actually adds to the AI.
>>
>>329136735
It definitely does more than raise damage, for sure.
>>
>>329134943
Well in this setting goblins are the name given to Styx and his clones, so both fit.
>>
>>329131742
Loved Tenchu as a kid but Styx is great too.

My main complaint was that if you uncapped the frame rate, bodies would glitch out and get flung in a random direction after you take them out and often times they would bump into people and get you caught.
>>
>>329136904
Man why the fuck can a small ass team make a game like styx and not a team with over 500 people like most AAA.

Like what the fuck are the priorities anymore.
>>
>>329136436
>That last boss though was completely out of line with the rest of the game though.
This.

I had to cheese it by going through the entire last level again to get all the knifes and ember I could get.
>>
>>329136985
Because they have to put effort in to get people interested as they can't pump millions of dollars into just telling everyone it's going to be, like, totally the best thing ever.
>>
File: Styx 2.1.jpg (911 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Styx 2.1.jpg
911 KB, 1920x1080
>>329135949
>I just bought Of Orcs and Men for £2, did I waste my money
No but prepare to use Cheat Engine because there will a lot of unbalanced fights and getting mad. A LOT.
>Anyone here have expectation for the upcoming Shadow of Darkness game?
i really want to see how they will portait the dwarfs, the elf-design was fucking good.

>>329136034
I don't think so but the twist was actually good and fooled me for good.
I didn't see the difference between Styx and Styx
until the twist happened.
Also how the goblin race begin is pretty cool, i like how they try to be unique setting
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.