[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
nah
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7
File: tgC92.png (267 KB, 496x508) Image search: [Google]
tgC92.png
267 KB, 496x508
nah
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (6 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
6 KB, 150x150
yesss
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 800x600
>>329113513
Icarus pls go
>>
SS2 was a bad game
>>
329113665 was a bad post.
>>
ss1 is not fun, I think 2 spoiled me. And like I don't really think 2 is a ton of fun it's just really compelling and challenging and atmospheric, it feels like something you have to accomplush. 1 is fucking grating
>>
>>329112783
What happened to this game in development, like the entire last 1/3 of the game seems incredibly rushed
>>
>>329113717
have you tried the enhanced edition of ss1?
>>
>>329113829
Yeah that's the version I was playing. I just need to restart it I think and get my proper bearings, I was wandering around aimlessly before. Its certainly ambitious
>>
Please please please please please PLEASE don't suck, System Shock 3.
>>
>>329113898
I found that I had to restart once or twice before I really got it, but once I did it was the most fun I've had with a game in years. Have you made it past the medical deck?
>>
>>329113665
I agree partially.
>>
>>329113972
I don't think so, I somehow lost all sense of direction shortly after getting the laser pistol. Yeahhh I'll go back and try to get into it some more.
>>
>tfw finding a vending machine that sold weapon maintenance items
>>
Did they announce a SS2 remake yet, since they are doing 3 now?
>>
>>329113948
>>329114395
>ss3
wait when was this announced
>>
>>329114395
There's an SS1 one but it's by a different company than SS3. I don't think an SS2 remake is necessary (I don't think an SS1 remake is necessary either but I can see why people would want it).
>>
>>329114452
Last year.
>>
File: SHODAN chin.webm (2 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
SHODAN chin.webm
2 MB, 853x480
>>
>>329114395
SS2 is completely fine, what would you gain from remaking it.
>>
>>329113717
Funny, I feel the same way about SS2. Coming off SS1, it's a massive letdown.
>hacking is a joke
>implants reduced to shitty passive buffs
>somehow managed to one-up SS1's interface in clunkiness
>weapons degrading every five seconds and needing constant repairs
>story feels rushed and completely falls apart at the end
>final boss is pathetic
>they butchered the laser rapier
>shitty forced RPG elements
>combat is that completely un-fun late-90s jank with no responsiveness or satisfaction to be had
>SHODAN's characterization sucks and she feels completely nonthreatening, only ever using her supposed omnipotence to take away 10 cyber modules that you had just found
>player character's only motivation in the story is that he's the only person alive on the ship
SS1 is one of the greatest video games ever made. SS2 is a disgrace. Even with the RPG skill points shit, I felt no desire to replay it after finishing.
>>
>>329115147

>ADAAAAAM

>M-M-M-MEATBAAAAAAG
>>
>>329113717

The game is dated. I finished it twice, partially out my dedication to the second one and I'd give it a solid 8/10 but it's not without its flaws. The music is hit and miss, cyberspace can be incredibly frustrating to navigate and the level design was sometimes confusing, especially on the first playthrough. Game was also incredibly easy on modern controls, you could peek corridors and kill 90% of all enemies without taking a hit with no effort.
>>
>>329116012
IIRC the mouselook mod fucks up cyberspace, and I wouldn't blame the game for being too easy if you used a mod to make it that way.
>>
>>329115546
>he's the only person alive on the ship

That is a lie though.
>>
>>329116182
I guess you did see other people once in like the first ten minutes and you spend the meat of the game trying to meet up with some chick but she's dead by the time you find her. Still, there's no personal motivation for the player character. In SS1, that's your creation that has declared itself a god and is attempting to destroy humanity and conquer Earth, and you're the only person who can stop it. You're just some random military mook in SS2, and you're not even half as competent as the SS1 hacker despite your military background. You can't even figure out how to operate a laser sword without spending a shitload of cyber modules on Energy weapons.
>>
>>329116631
Well, there is, after that certain lady is dead, still Rebecca and Tommy, the guys putting up the satellite, Diego and Korenchkin and some other, not so important, people.
>>
>>329115546
Shodan never takes away any of the cyber modules in your possession.

Let that be indicative of how bullshit your post is.
>>
File: Untitled.png (34 KB, 862x287) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
34 KB, 862x287
>>329117272
>>
>>329117272
She does. She takes the 10 that you find in the room with the dead girl. It's the only time she does anything to show that she actually has any sort of power. A far cry from "Enter that room, insect, and it will become your grave", "Nice jump", or any of the other moments in SS1 where SHODAN really shows you who's the boss of the space station. All she does in SS2 is stutter like a retarded anime bitch and tell you exactly what you have to do all the way to the end of the game.
>>
File: Untitled.png (42 KB, 658x612) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
42 KB, 658x612
>>329113948
It'll be shit one way or another but it won't be an empty open world or a cinematic experience, so it may at least be shit in new and exciting ways.
>>
>>329114395
Why would it need a remake? Just install a few mods if you don't like the graphics.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.