[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can't we have more wario games with unsettling music
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: wah.jpg (93 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
wah.jpg
93 KB, 256x256
Why can't we have more wario games with unsettling music and bosses like this game?

HURRY UP
>>
also I like warioware but would much rather go back to this series. Warioware is now just a gimmick for new hardware at this point
>>
>le fartgoblin man
>>
>>329092971
go to bed
>>
>>329093035
get a job
>>
>>329093106
I have one meme man
>>
>>329092791
I think nintendo just thought it was too weird for the wii crowd so they started pulling back on it.

Really, firing up the original WW and the newest one, the original's a million times weirder, and I think that reflected the style of the warioland games too.

I don't think we'll ever get a wariorlandesque game from nintendo again, sorry. At least not that specific atmosphere that was both cheerful and yet somehow panicking at once.
>>
>>329093183
the original WW uses a LOT of sound effects and music from WL4. I would say they probably use most of the sound effects. Yeah we probably won't see another one which is a shame. Warioworld on GC is also pretty underrated honestly. I guess things won't sell without mario slapped on
>>
>>329093553
Yeah they also used some pixel assets as well.

I think you're right for the most part- mario remains the most recognizable figure in any media, so putting him down on a cover and making him the MVP seems to always be a good sales move- Wario obviously doesn't carry that, and nintendo are interested in turning a buck now more than ever. Not saying we'll never get an experimental game from them again, I just think it'll be less common.
>>
I played this game tripping acid and it scared the shit out of me
>>
>>329094070
that sounds like a bad plan.
>>
>>329092971
Applicable shitposting in spin off threads. Wariofags in those games are always twats. Wario series threads are good.
>>
>>329094070
did you make it to the portal in time?
>>
>>329093924
with games becoming increasingly higher budgeted we probably won't see much experimentation unless nintendo let's indie teams or small teams to use their ips. Which will never happen
>>
>>329094604
I thought good feel did a great job with shake it!, and I remember reading that they were going to be more open to letting third parties use their characters and makes games they normally wouldn't. That's why we have bamco making a Pokemon fighting game.
>>
File: 1427079856217.gif (485 KB, 272x251) Image search: [Google]
1427079856217.gif
485 KB, 272x251
>>329092791
There has to be a name for the unique kind of atmosphere Wario Land 4 had. Secluded, yet tranquil, serene in it's many oddities. I guess surrealism rings a bell
>>
>>329092791
Because miyamoto hasn't had an original thought since 1998 and the only way a nintendo game is made these days is if miyamoto shows interest in it
>>
>>329096982
Well you can make a game that he doesn't show interest in (AKA a game not heavily featuring his stale 30 years old characters), but one day you may find that your job isn't as secure as it used to be, or that you've been put on shitty busy work permanently.
>>
File: myfirstmosiac.png (857 KB, 625x625) Image search: [Google]
myfirstmosiac.png
857 KB, 625x625
>>329092791
>>
>>329097489
where is the good tile
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQuK6nwq__E
>>
>>329092932
Did you play Shake It?
>>
>>329100985
nope. I heard mixed things about it and I don't think I had a wii at the time it released. If it got a VC release I would probably download it
>>
File: Wario Land Shake It.jpg (166 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
Wario Land Shake It.jpg
166 KB, 500x350
>>329101080
It plays very similarly to Wario Land 4. Honestly I think it's worth a playthrough. Very underrated Wario Land game.
>>
>>329101080
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDndhOczAXw
>>
>>329101324
>>329101736
I wish more devs tried this artstyle. As long as the resolution is good this kind of style will be timeless
>>
>>329102069
Yeah. I know what you mean. Shake It is a very beautiful game with everything hand drawn like that. Good Feel in general are very good with art style in their games.
>>
>>329102387
I think they want to make something like Mystical Ninja though.
>>
File: Fucking cool.gif (3 MB, 420x237) Image search: [Google]
Fucking cool.gif
3 MB, 420x237
Oh cool, I'm playing Wario Land 4 on my Gameboy right now. Super hard is a bitch.
>>
>>329092791
WL4 was pretty fucking fun.

A shame that Nintendo basically threw this series into the trash for WarioWare.
>>
>>329101324

No it doesn't, stop lying to people there are no power ups and you can only go fast by entering some shit boxes or something.

WL4 is infinitely better.
>>
>>329103023
Flaming, Frozen, and Snowman Wario transformations are in the game.

It's similar due to the whole structure of having to run back to the beginning of the stage at the end of every level, when you hit the switch. I never said it was better or not then Wario Land 4. But even if it's not as good as Wario Land 4, that doesn't make it bad. It's a solid game, and definitely better then stuff like NSMB on the same system. Had it sold well, we possibly be getting more Wario Lands.
>>
>>329103527

Honestly I don't remember anything about it besides being beautifully drawn and awfully boring.

It took me like a year to get to the last level, I think I got a perfect in every level, it was an easy game, such a shame it looked so damn good.

I think I enjoyed Master of Disguise a bit more, they tried going a different direction with Wario but no one remembers that game.
>>
>>329104095
>I think I enjoyed Master of Disguise a bit more, they tried going a different direction with Wario but no one remembers that game.

The execution leaves a lot to be desired with Master of Disguise. Concept was interesting.
>>
>>329092791
Wario>yoshis island
>>
>>329104721
that's a weird comparison but ok
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.