[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /v/ do you think this is gonna be another mistake from ND?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (295 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
295 KB, 1024x576
So /v/ do you think this is gonna be another mistake from ND? Or is it gonna be a new kind of terrible?
>>
>>329091205
Neither.
>>
>>329091205
>people still don't know this game is a prank and doesn't actually eshist
just lmao
>>
>>329091205

While the gameplay seems fun i reckon there was no need for a 4th game.

3rd was actually a great final act. We get who Drake is, he ends up with the girl, Sully gets a new plane. It's all very Indiana Jones/ the mummy. Enough plot for the story to be fun but not serious as to be considered drama.

The trailer of Uncharted 4 shows a change of tone... Nathan having a brother and all the grit and seriousness.
I feel is gonna be more like TLOU than like previous Uncharted games... which is not a good thing.

I mean, TLOU was ok... it was a relationship that required that tone but the seriousness can only hurt Uncharted.

I guess this is one of those things why Hennig is no longer on ND... and it shows.
>>
>>329091953
I thought Hennig was the cancer at Sony before she left?
>>
>>329092138
>I thought Hennig was the cancer at Sony before she left?
You shut your mouth
>>
>>329092239
But wasn't she?

Isn't she the reason why U3 sucked ass?
>>
>>329091205
When I saw the thumbnail I thought that was the cover of another Tomb Raider sequel
>>
>>329092339
>Isn't she the reason why U3 sucked ass?
U3 didn't suck ass, it was just disjointed. Same as people who say that Dark Souls 2 sucks, it's certainly not as cohesive as the previous games but it's not a bad game for anyone who liked the old ones.
>>
It's going to be good, I'm getting a PS4 for it. Kill yourself if you think any uncharted game wasn't good, you fucking faggot
>>
File: 2015Valentines_NateSam_web_700.jpg (144 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
2015Valentines_NateSam_web_700.jpg
144 KB, 700x700
>>329091205
Neither. I think it will be a fun adventure game with a decent story and some quality quips. The gameplay in the multiplayer beta was tight as fuck so, if nothing else, it will at least be fun to play, and that is the most important thing.
>>
>>329092138
>I thought Hennig was the cancer at Sony
you shut your whore mouth.
Hennig is a legend
>>
>>329092339
Yes, anon. She absolutely is the reason Uncharted 3 sucked ass. Drake was so out of character in that fucking game that it made me want to snap the fucking disc in half.
>>
>>329091953
I played the Beta multiplayer

Game has more quips then Joss Whedon film

And honestly Drake a terrible person lmao. He should either be dead or in jail
>>
>>329092339
she has to write the script to match the setpieces in UC. that why what's there plotwise is pretty good, and the Drake/Sully banter is 10/10, but because of the type of game it is, it's delivered in chunks and feels a bit disjointed.

Legacy of Kain, where she wasn't beholden to the pacing of the gameplay, is widely regarded as among the best in gaming
>>
Anyone try out the multiplayer beta? Does it feel any different or pretty much the same? It looks like you get downed like in GoW.
>>
File: 1288651800546.jpg (5 KB, 235x251) Image search: [Google]
1288651800546.jpg
5 KB, 235x251
>>329092630
Sam has such a shady face. I seriously hope he doesn't betray Nathan, those scenes from that trailer where Sam says that he's in trouble just scream "don't trust this guy". Not that the whole "I thought you were dead" thing makes a good case for Sam's character anyway
>>
>>329092945
>And honestly Drake a terrible person lmao
Not that I want to humor someone that uses "lmao" on 4chan, but what makes you say that? Aside from his treatment of women, Drake is one of the more honorable characters in his series.
>>
>>329093027
If he DOES betray Nate, I don't think it'll stick. I think he'll come around to being a complete good guy by the end.
>>
>>329092339

Uncharted 3 didn't suck... it had some issues and since 2 was so great people find it hard to forgive it but it was in no sense a bad game.

Also she gave us Soul reaver. She deserved better but that's not the point.

My point is that U4 looks more like TLOU. It's more serious, it looks more dramatic and deep... and that's not Uncharted.
Uncharted is an Indiana Jones rip off. It's an honest fun game with a cheeky lead.

Also young Nate and bro makes no sense to me... sure, it could have happened before he went to st. Francis and all but there was really no need to go deeper or to give him a brother he never ever mentioned in any of the other games.

It's retarded. I am sure gameplay is going to be fun but it will be more oriented to TLOU because of all the praise and shit.

I hope next ND game is a new IP... something Sci fi would be nice.
I also hope Hennig's new SW game revives that concept of Uncharted on SW universe they canned. I would play the clone if she is on board.
>>
>Another mistake
you wot m8 they just sit there raking in dosh
>>
>>329092138
You don't understand, we HAVE to be contrarian.

While she was writing Uncharted she was cancer and a terrible writer. Now she's been fired (or quit, I don't actually know) she was an amazing person and soley responsible for everything good about Uncharted.
>>
>>329093594

I think he is not gonna be the real Sam at all... i think he is gonna play Nathan and being the main antagonist.

He probably is on it together with the ebony girl. My bet is they are going to try to get a mixture of U2 and TLOU feel on it.
>>
File: ok.png (86 KB, 500x503) Image search: [Google]
ok.png
86 KB, 500x503
It'll be well received by critics and will probably win multiple GoTY awards, but will receive a lukewarm reception from the general public, much like The Last of Us and Uncharted 3. In keeping with the spirit of console-exclusive releases, Metacritic user reviews will be half 10/10 and half 0/10.

It's a rather predictable cycle at this point.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (77 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
77 KB, 1280x720
>>329093865
>While she was writing Uncharted she was cancer and a terrible writer.
No, fuck you and your HURR DURR /v/ HATES EVERYTHING tripe. Amy has constantly been one of /v/'s favorite vidya personalities, and definitely one of the least hated female ones. The hateboner for Uncharted has always been strong but the criticisms (both valid and invalid) are hardly ever directed at Hennig
>>
>>329092981
I played it.

I actually had a lot of fun, it's hard to describe but gun-play feels much better than past games and movement is much smoother and doesn't have the "do something, stop, do the next thing" feel that was in the previous games, rolling, getting in/out of cover and climbing all felt really natural.

It's also fun, crazy movement is the latest fad in multiplayer shooters (Titan Fall, recent CODs etc..) but Uncharted is different, you arnt jet-packing around or anything but it's fast enough so you can out-manuvare other players, and if someone sneaks up on you the TTK is high enough that you can turn it around or escape if you are good enough.

Also it has ropes, which are fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ9OhTvH21Y
>>
File: draked.jpg (208 KB, 963x539) Image search: [Google]
draked.jpg
208 KB, 963x539
>>329094297
>lukewarm general public reception
>TLOU and U3
Are you serious, nigger? The games were loved by practically everyone aside from a few contrarians on /v/ who somehow think that an 8/10 game that gets 10/10 "professional" review scores somehow is actually a 2/10. Aside from Bioshock Infinite, there are hardly any AAA games that actually fit this bill
>>
>>329094297
> Lukewarm reception from general public
> like The Last of Us
> TLoU
> Lukewarm reception

You do realise that everywhere but here the public praises TLoU just as much as the critics did. Uncharted 3 was the same way but over time the consensus settled at "2 was incredible, 3 was a bit of a let down".
>>
>>329093152

He has killed literally thousands of people in the vain pursuit of treasure.
>>
File: disnigga.jpg (85 KB, 624x476) Image search: [Google]
disnigga.jpg
85 KB, 624x476
>>329095206
>He has killed literally thousands of people in the vain pursuit of treasure.
I knew it, this bullshit. Go fuck yourself, everyone that gets killed in the Uncharted series would've killed him first, and even then Drake still left people like Eddie and Flynn alive.
>>
>>329095206
Well thay are trying to kill him just like lara do you think she has guns just to look good
>>
>>329095468
What about the poor Muesum Guard in 2?

> There's a guy above you, there's a guy above you
> There's a guy below you, there's a guy below you

But in all honesty, who cares that Drakes killed 100s of people, it's a video game and not even an overly realistic one.
>>
File: 1290148854829.png (120 KB, 294x333) Image search: [Google]
1290148854829.png
120 KB, 294x333
>>329095815
>What about the poor Muesum Guard in 2?
He fell in the water, you can actually see him swimming away. Whether a fall like that IRL would've killed him is another story, but as far as the game is concerned Drake didn't kill any "innocents".
>>
>>329095206
>He has killed literally thousands of people in the vain pursuit of treasure.
In the first game, he drops the main treasure into the bottom of the ocean because it's cursed and doesn't want any shady characters to get hands on it.
In the second game, he gives up on the treasure but then chooses to pursue it because he doesn't want it to land in the hands of a bloodthirsty warlord
In the third game he does the same as the second game, although it's some sort of Illuminati bitch instead of a warlord.

Yeah, Drake is totally vain, saving the world like that.
>>
>>329092415

Dark Souls 2 DOES suck. It's a shitty version of the original Dark Souls.
>>
>>329094702
looks fun, but im kinda worried its gonna pull all the people from TLOU's multiplayer, and it's obviously a different type of game
i really just want TLOU factions to exist forever, i dont want it to die....
>>
Uncharted 2 was so damn good. I should replay it again soon.
>>
>>329093718
Did you really not see the car chase gameplay? Nothing about that 15 video says TLOU. It says "self aware action packed car chase sequence with all the quips you expect from Drake". All this TLOU shit is certainly not in the gameplay we've seen. You're taking random lines from trailers and trying to make meaning out of it. The problem with that is that trailers are by nature disjointed as a motherfucker. You got lines from the early part of the game mixed in with late game, final act dialogue in a two minute montage. Come on.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.