[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this actually good? I saw it get 7's so I'm kind
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 14
Is this actually good? I saw it get 7's so I'm kind of skeptical about it.
>>
fun with friends
>>
Fun without friends
>>
>>322083895

Some people complain about the servers. Not sure why, I don't own the game.

But it depends on whether you'd like the style of this shooter. From what I know, It's no respawn, CQC, tactical gameplay only. You have to be patient and actually talk to your team to do well. You should use a headset.

Cod kids would give it lower reviews since there's no deathmatches or sniping.

You won't like it if you don't like talking to random people / making new friends with strangers or if you get frustrated a lot by having to wait out long periods when you die.
>>
>>322085379
Why would you talk about a game you don't own?
>>
>>322085379
So it's perfect for me then.
>>
IS it worth pirating for the singleplayer?
>>
>>322085660
>singleplayer
kek
>>
>>322083895
It is literally BF but smaller maps and more damage, thats it.

Except even BF has better hit detection.

Also, the game is dying really quickly, the ranked is basically abandoned.
>>
It's good, not great and the PVP gets stale relatively quickly in my opinion. It's not a game I would binge on but a match or two a night is really fun and intense.

>>322085660
No, the situations are mostly tutorials and Terrorist Hunt isn't that fun on your own.
>>
It's a lot of fun (with a headset). Servers are horrible. Matches are amazingly addictive.
>>
>>322085660
no, not at all

the single player is basically just a tutorial you do to unlock characters for the multiplayer
>>
>>322085491

This is what I've read about it. And what other people have suggested. If he doesn't like my advice, he can feel free to do his own searching.

I've played game modes similar to what rainbow six siege offers but not a game dedicated to that style only. I've watched gameplay videos of it.
>>
>>322083895
The gameplay itself is brilliant.

The servers are complete dogshit.
>>
File: dr cox might have alzheimers.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
dr cox might have alzheimers.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>>322085491
>>
>>322083895
Its hugely simplistic and unfortunately totally unbalanced and lacking any depth. The community is also rubbish, you wont get any coordination.

Play the older RS games, even Vegas is better than this.
>>
>>322085379
it's funny because there is sniping and the terrorist hunt mode essentially fills the gap left by a lack of deathmatch mode since you're doing a lot more killing than normal.

>>322085491
clearly he is a sperg.
>>
>paying attention to reviews
>2011+4
>>
>>322085379
>Not sure why, I don't own the game.
Then shut the fuck up and fuck off.
>>
>>322085995
Yeah, the helicopter boss battle at the end of Vegas 2 was epic for the win.
>>
>>322086136
Yeah, and the getting it by people you cant see or killing people who cant see you is epic for the win in Siege.
>>
>>322086219
far too much clutter and graphical effects, makes distinguishing enemies harder than it should be for a game that wants to be an espurt.
>>
>>322086219
God I hate this shit
Coming from TF2 where everything stands out and almost nothing you can't see will kill you, getting shot by some dickhead just staring down sights on a tiny crack in the wall from some fucked angle is just annoying as shit. It encourages really boring turtle gameplay on defense, and it's not fun to play as or against.
>>
>>322086685
Uh no, none of that shit is an issue.

The terrible netcode and hitboxes the size of fucking planets is the issue.
>>
>>322086219
Stop exposing yourself to murderholes then or move behind someone with a shield.
>>
>>322086817
See >>322086784

The vast majority of kills are dictated by whoever got the lucky roll on the server updating at the right time for them.
>>
it's a neat concept that is addicting for some reason, especially if you're with a team that actually communicates. the netcode is really bad though and honestly the game should be slightly larger scale, 8v8 or something. the maps are big enough where people could be fighting all over the house instead of just the objective room and the rooms/hallways or stairs nearby, but because you have so few people and so little setup time nobody goes anywhere aside from one roamer.

if you have bros to play with it's pretty fun to work together, and you can get it cheap on ebay due to some nvidia promo. otherwise solo play isn't gonna be worth your time unless you can get people to talk.
>>
File: hit trades.png (53 KB, 1104x236) Image search: [Google]
hit trades.png
53 KB, 1104x236
>down someone
>get downed by them at the same time
Thanks Ubisoft
>>
>>322086895
>The vast majority of kills
don't be silly
>>
File: meanwhile.png (9 KB, 1493x93) Image search: [Google]
meanwhile.png
9 KB, 1493x93
Meanwhile:
>>322077359
>>
>only one using mic on my team
>some guy turns on his mic just to tell me to shut up

o-okay
>>
>>322087176
Its absolutely true, actually play the game and you'll see how shitty the game runs.
>>
Most connection issues are from consolefags

Alot of network issues are from people in beta who don't own the game. A decent chunk of those problems have been fixed. The games basically around CS:GO levels of networking which, for most people, is fairly acceptable.
>>
>>322086784
all of these things are an issue you simplistic retard.
>>
>>322087059
>He doesn't think hit trades can't happen in any situation
Kek
>>
>>322087364
Get your eyes checked, there isnt any clutter
>>
>>322086758
The game IS literally turtle: the game
Why the fuck would a game based around breaching/doorkicking be ANYTHING but that?

I'm sorry you are blind and not aware of things at all if its not brightly colored flaming hats
>>
>>322087247
yeah I've got 60 hours into it
the vast majority of kills are decided by who had the better position and spatial reasoning
>>
>>322086758

Not really
You just suck at being tactical and probably half blind

In 40 hours i probably got killed from peekholes in walls like 2

Of course i play with a team with mics and not playing like its cod or some other casual also helps
>>
>>322087541
Sure you do kid, sure you do.

Ill just take your word over the word of myself and everyone else who has been complaining about shitty hit detection on every single forum there is for Siege.

You're in the minority here.
>>
>>322087704
>kid
>>
>>322087752
Only children get that upset when someone calls them out for being underage. Thanks for ousting yourself.
>>
>>322087810
I'm not the person you're arguing with.
>>
The game is fun.
BUT the price...
>>
>>322087304
>The games basically around CS:GO levels of networking

haha... no.
>>
>>322087841
Sure kid, sure.
>>
>>322087915
When was the last time you played?
>>
>>322083895
Depends on what you're expecting. If you're looking for a proper Rainbow Six game you won't find it with Siege. What you get is a mix between Battlefield and CSGO with a strong focus on breaking through walls with gadgets and shit.
>>
>>322087704
>>322087942

>kid
>>
>>322088006
See >>322087810
>>
Bought it for PC. Returned it after 1hr 50min on Steam.

Most matches are campfests, where the match is decided in the last 30 seconds.

Boring, and not at all what I expected.
>>
>>322088002

And why is it not a R6 game?
>>
Yeah, honestly it's pretty great. Would be the best Rainbow Six if if had a single player campaign (T-Hunt is fun, but not enough), but oh well. Servers aren't great though, low tickrate and matchmaking still occasionally has issues so frustration will ensue.
>>
>>322087059
>Very high Tickrate.
It felt like 20.. or 40 or something.
>>
>>322088260
and its 60 now
>>
File: 1451350461356.jpg (131 KB, 960x944) Image search: [Google]
1451350461356.jpg
131 KB, 960x944
The game isn't worth full price, if it's not on sale do not buy it, just wait. The game bombed on everything but PC so Ubishit will try to recoup their losses somehow.

The game is fun but it still has a lot of twitch shooter elements to it, meaning that even if you have better coordination than the enemy team, a single pubstar can wreck your shit because of the netcode and lmao1shothead mechanic.

If you play as IQ instead of a GIGN recruit I will teamkill you at the start of the round for being a useless waifufag with an even more useless gadget
>>
File: tactics.webm (1 MB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
tactics.webm
1 MB, 720x480
>>322088002
Siege emphasizes intel, planning, coordination, teamwork, tactics, and communication. That's literally what the older games were about too.
>>
>>322087704
I never said netcode wasn't an issue
you said that "the vast majority of kills" come down to netcode, that's simply not true
>>
Its pretty good.
Gameplay pacing switches quite nicely from the slow and methodical nature of the older games to faster pace gameplay that you'd expect from the newer ones during each match, depending on your team.
There's potential for good quality tournament play but only with the rebalancing of 1-2 characters, the addition of a planning stage after the scouting portion, the ability to modify weapons in the game lobby and randomization of some camera hotspots (once you know where they are its impossible for the defenders to get information on the attackers).
Each character feels unique and they have their place, although the same can't be said of the weapons which consists of around 10 primaries and 5 secondaries. There is little customisation outside of suppressors, lasers and sights, and there are only about 8 weapons total in the game.

The big problem is the servers. They are pure shit and it ranges from:
Matchmaking
>you'll connect to a dead lobby which forces you to alt f4
>you will never connect to a game
>you will find a game but the match will never start
>a game will end but not award any points and never match you with anyone unless you leave
Gameplay
>people will have killed you before entering your field of vision regardless of ping
>people won't be in the same place whilst rapelling on your screen as they are on theirs, which leads to the above
>slight juttering whilst the servers resync

The game is good if you aren't paying more than around $40-$50
>>
>>322088276
On PC at least.

I wont be surprised if ubi abandons it on console, its not casual enough and requirea actual thinking instead of just run&gun.
>>
>>322087439
i really don't think you even understand what i'm talking about. the game is designed to look pretty, that much is very obvious hence clutter is an inherent aspect of the game. the destruction that the game features (fun though it maybe) also adds to this. the game simply isn't competitively sound. not to mention shit like the ridiculous unlock system and microtransactions.

ubishit just want their piece of the esports cake, it's painfully obvious and sad at the same time. even trying to add moba aspects to the game with the classes and the way they're chose, really it's just tragic how shameless ubi are these days. at least it doesn't play the exact same as all their other games i suppose.
>>
>>322088414
>FPS on console
You're fault
>>
>>322088154
Rainbow Six is all about planning a mission with several AI fire teams and coordinating them in the field. You, as the leader, get to set waypoints, tactics and timing. This game has none of that, it's all about the MP which is a fucking shame because we haven't had a game like that for over a decade.
>>
>>322087606
oh god the cringe is strong with this one.
>>
>>322088350
>a single pubstar can wreck your shit cuz netcode

Consolepleb and weebshit confirmed at once

The fact that you play tactical fps clearly indicates that you are full on retarded.
>>
File: 1450655510180.png (106 KB, 800x771) Image search: [Google]
1450655510180.png
106 KB, 800x771
>>322088383
>I POSTED IT AGAIN MOM
>>
>>322087969
technically speaking it's not. you can play csgo on 128tick servers, r6s on the other hand...
>>
I absolutely love the game. As a consolefag i've never seen this level of cooperation among strangers ever.
However the servers are fucking terrible right now whoever wrote their networking code needs to be fucking lined up and shot.
Wait for the game to come up on a sale by then they should have fixed the server issues.
>>
>>322088276
Ubisoft claims its 60

Ubisoft also likes to lie a lot
>>
>>322088494

Well at least now we know you never played any R6 game before in MP.

R6 never had planning in MP.

Congrats on being a total faggot.
>>
File: pentagon.jpg (95 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
pentagon.jpg
95 KB, 960x960
>>322088615
>>
>>322088680
yes and thats a minority of most games on CS:GO
its two most common modes are at 60.
>>
File: 1380341970104.jpg (111 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1380341970104.jpg
111 KB, 1280x720
>>322088397
>people won't be in the same place whilst rapelling on your screen as they are on theirs, which leads to the above
This explains a lot
I knew I was having a lot of those "WHERE THE FUCK WAS THAT GUY" moments, but I thought I was just blind. This has killed my interest in this game
>>
>>322088724

Netcode is fixed on PC since december 15 or 16.

Blame yourself for playing fps on a console.
>>
>>322087370
They can happen but you'd need two clients with the exact same ping to the server, exact same input lag and they both have to shoot at the exact same moment. In Overwatch you just have to shoot in the same 20th of a second.
>>
>>322088494
Yeah, and after players finished the campaign, they jumped straight to adversarial. People are still playing Raven Shield multiplayer
>>
>>322085660
I pirated it and got bored in 1 hour
>>
>>322088910
Since we're talking about overwaifu
>>
>>322087536
could have easily been far more interesting by making it so you have to actually find the objective yourself rather than the silly little scout shit at the start of each match. this would make map control actually matter rather than half the map being borderline useless because nobody moves. also multiple objectives.
>>
>>322088774
I wasn't talking about MP at all. I was talking about the SP campaign. Your reading comprehension sucks.
>>
>>322083895
Hey do you wanna feel like you are playing a shooter with SOME thought on it.
Are you too retarded and slow for Arena shooters? Not autistic enough for Arma? Are you tired of Project Reality faggots?

Play Siege, you tried the other crap, you will inevitably try this.

FAQ

>Why don't play CS:GO Instead?
WHY play CS:Go at all?
This game is not plagued by upset babies who cry nerf at the single most appearance of skill or fun, enjoy your AWP shitwars, cunt.

>Why don't play Insurgency?
Literally why not both, different playstyles altogether tho.

>Wow did Ubisoft really release a game that is not 100% shit?!
Only 20% shit thanks to the connection issues. A fluke on their part, they did not know they had capable people still working at their company, grab it before the sequel hits, guaranteed to do everything this title did right WRONG, like Assassin's Creed.

>Can i pirate for the singleplayer?
You don't get to bring friends.

>...Situations are not actually single player, part of your plan?
Of course.

>Montaigne is a big guy
4U

>Is it fun?
Yeah

>I hate fun
You can still be a cunt to other players, and kill the hostage.
>>
>all these consolefags complaining about the netcode

Kek
I think even Ubisoft surprised that the pleba noticed that they still havent patched the game on consoles, considering how they cant tell the difference between 18fps and 60fps
>>
>>322088494
>Completely ignoring the multiplayer aspects of the older games.
>>
>>322089070
>You can still be a cunt to other players, and kill the hostage.
Its far better destroying Kapkan's tripwires or mute's jammers.
>>
>>322088990
That wouldn't accomplish anything you think it would.
Ultimately no scouts means it will devolve into guess and check with turtling around entrances instead of the objectives mainly.
Makes planning from the attacker a complete nightmare and almost impossible to do to any real degree.

'map control' is not a thing and not intended to be a thing.
>>
>>322089010

>i was talking about sp

This is a multiplayer game.
It was never advertized or showcased as a singleplayer one.

You must be one big retard to misunderstood everything this bad.
>>
>>322089153
Because the MP was never the big draw to the game. It was neat, like a more tactical CS or Tactical Ops but not the focus. The SP was where the meats at and it was just awesome.
>>
22 hours in here
Like: The destruction. It's fun being defense and shooting peep holes through walls to gun down attackers. Even more fun breaching literally everything everywhere to confuse the fuck out of the defenders while the team mops them up.

The community is great too, bro-tier as fuck and a lot of them aren't half bad at being a team player and not going for muh k/d

The bad: Servers are shit, especially now that it's the holidays. Sometimes this week it was basically unplayable.

Players rarely use mics for some reason, making coordinating attacks really hard. Every time I've been on a team full of mic users we've done better.

People genuinely think picking Glaz in close range encounters is a decent idea

No singleplayer.

It's still my GOTY though, had a ton of fun.
>>
>>322089421
I found my ranked games were almost always 100% mic
>>
>>322089282 That's why i said it's not much of Rainbow Six game >>322088002 . Besides Ubisoft did tease a story campaign with https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSCQ_mN0eVc but never said a single word about it since.
>>
>>322088819
well 64 but regardless of that just because most people play on that doesn't mean anything. point is you CAN play on 128tick servers very easily and for free even whereas you can't in r6s, just stating facts here.
>>
>>322085491
>Why would you talk about a game you don't own?

/v/ - videogames

seems like he's in the right place doing exactly what the natives do
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 467x1166) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 467x1166
>>322089070
>not liking Project Reality
But why? It's so fun. Playing Siege for too long just makes me want to play PR.
>>
>>322085660
its like pirating csgo for the singleplayer
>>
>>322089274
you're literally just saying "yeah, no" with no real reasoning, just blatant fanboying. i more or less described how cs works on a ground level, which is an established esport. as it is r6s is just stale right out the gate. there's no chance of interesting meta or gameplay of a high level developing because you have so little freedom and just a bunch of random variables (devices, destructibility etc.) to try and mask the shallow gameplay. the game will never be anything bigger than what it is now, skill ceiling is just too damn low for it to be interesting in the long run.
>>
>>322089070
oh god the butthurt in this post is glorious
>>
File: 14408172095812.jpg (400 KB, 1709x913) Image search: [Google]
14408172095812.jpg
400 KB, 1709x913
>>322089368
I'd argue the MP was a bigger draw to the game, especially given the custom maps and mods the community made during the time with Rogue Spear. People are still playing Raven Shield multiplayer. It's not really a wonder Siege is focused on the MP aspect.
>>
i really love the cover of this game

so much better than the generic ones these days
>>
Why is Smoke the perfect defense op? He's so great.
>>
>>322083895

Its fun when it works and is a tactical shooter at its base but a twitch shooter at heart.

The idiotic weapons balancing and improper armor mechanics lead the game to play out more like CS than a traditional tactical shooter. The man who can snap to your head first usually wins in these situations and it gets irritating to get your brains blown out because you're used to aiming for center mass since you've played more realism oriented games for most of your life.

Siege could take a few notes from insurgency weapons handling, I don't like the current damage model and would much prefer the more punishing models but at least health doesn't regenerate so that's something.
>>
>>322085491
This needs to be a new banner
>>
File: 1424456894.gif (312 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1424456894.gif
312 KB, 480x360
Is this a buyers remorse thread? Because I definitely regret buying this piece of utter shit.
>>
File: R6S_Wallpaper-04_1920x1080.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
R6S_Wallpaper-04_1920x1080.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1200
favourite game atm
>>
>>322083895
>2015 and caring about a number
Faggot if ypu really care the game you will play it.
Maybe the other faggot that review the game doest like a cup desing and thats why he put a 7/10
Please the number is any critic are cancer, yes they are faster but you can put an entire game inside a number, fuck the number /v/
>>
File: not hacks.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
not hacks.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>322083895
It's absolutely fantastic if you like cat and mouse tactical gameplay. Definitely a game you need to think on your feet with, not just get twitchy. Good movement, use of character traits, use of gadgets, and use of environment all come in to play. If you like setting up little plays like pic related for just about every person you encounter, and defending yourself from getting played, then this game is for you. If you get frustrated easily, or you just like to run around blasting shit without thought, then this game isn't for you.
Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.