[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>GOD TIER True Neutral >GREAT TIER True Good Chaotic Good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 20
>GOD TIER
True Neutral

>GREAT TIER
True Good
Chaotic Good

>GOOD TIER
True Evil
Lawful Neutral

>ALRIGHT TIER
Lawful Good
Chaotic Neutral

>CRAP TIER
Lawful Evil

>EDGELORD TIER
Chaotic Evil
>>
>>324350530
GOD TIER
Lawful Neutral, Neutral Evil

GREAT TIER
Lawful Good, Lawful Evil, Neutral Good

Eh tier
True Neutral

SHIT TIER
ANY chaotic
>>
>>324350530
>True Neutral
Literally the fedora alignment
>>
File: gd.gif (623 KB, 500x371) Image search: [Google]
gd.gif
623 KB, 500x371
>GOD TIER
lawful good
>GREAT TIER
neutral good, lawful neutral
>GOOD TIER
chaotic good
>CRAP TIER
chaotic neutral, lawful evil, neutral evil, chaotic evil
>FAGGOT TIER
OP
>>
What about Neutral Good
>>
File: mfw i have no face now.jpg (142 KB, 827x813) Image search: [Google]
mfw i have no face now.jpg
142 KB, 827x813
>>324350530
>chaotic good high aka
>true neutral on top
>Lawful Evil anywhere near low
2/10 you tried.
>>
>>324352576
right up there with Extra Medium
>>
TRUE GOD TIER:

>Morality
>>
CHEOTIC NEUTRAL 4 LYFE
>>
Fuck off niggas, true tier list for alignments coming up. Based mostly on people I've seen actually making interesting characters in an alignment.

>GOD TIER
Lawful Neutral

>GOOD TIER
Chaotic Good
Neutral Good

>FAIR TIER
True Neutral
Neutral Evil

>MEH TIER
Chaotic Neutral (literally teenage edgelords choose this alignment to be lol so random! without having to be evil)
Lawful Evil

>BAD TIER
Lawful Good

>EDGY TIER
Chaotic Evil
>>
>>324354425
Lawful Evil can be fucking amazing anon
But I will agree Lawful Neutral is the best. Really damn flexible in terms of characters you can make with it and just a decent outlook on life in general.
all chaotic types a shit though. Outside of a few cases they're usually shit played by autists

fucking plucky quirky do-gooders
>>
>>324352731
hahah this guy gets it
>>
>>324354965
I've seen really good bent in the mind Chaotic Goods, which is why I put it up there. They can go from Chaotic Good to almost across the board to Lawful sometimes. Really fun to play with when you have competent people at the helm. Lawful tends to be the safe route, I've noticed. It's easy to play a good Lawful character, so all the good Chaotic characters stand out that much more.

Except for Chaotic Evil. No one should ever play that alignment.
>>
File: 1385167566603.gif (134 KB, 340x340) Image search: [Google]
1385167566603.gif
134 KB, 340x340
>/v/ self righteous babies think they know how to play neutral characters
evrtiem
>>
File: Ironclad.jpg (380 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
Ironclad.jpg
380 KB, 1280x1024
>>324352513
Excellent list, anon.
>>
File: 1420398400146.jpg (310 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
1420398400146.jpg
310 KB, 750x600
Chaotic Good for ever.

Live by the sword, die by the sword, you fucking scumbags.
>>
>>324352513
>lawful good

Bet ya like faggot knight in shining armor stories, too, huh?
>>
>>324354425

Funny, our group started playing exclusively evil parties, since playing good ones always resulted in internal squabbles on how to do things right and in-universe breaking up. With evil parties it was: "Let's rob a crypt!" "Cool."
>>
File: Nah.jpg (26 KB, 467x536) Image search: [Google]
Nah.jpg
26 KB, 467x536
Oh look another Post that will only lead to people religiously following the Most Edgy or Uncontrollable Option.
>>
>>324350530
lemayo
Neutral Evil's the only way to play.
>>
>>324354965
Lost here, I thought Lawful Neutral was basically just being a pawn to whoever is in charge, what am I missing here?
>>
>>324352731

you are my fellow american of african descent
>>
>>324357210
No, they're like Neutral Good but without the faggot white knight bullshit. They're honorable people and fun to argue with regarding the government. They're not pawns, they're just unwavering in their conviction. And not annoyingly zealot like.
>>
>>324357210
Yeah I don't get it either. Doesnt lawful just mean you're too stupid to consider the consequences of your actions on your own so you default to what a higher authority says?
>>
>>324357445
*They're like Lawful Good.

Sorry.
>>
>>324357210
You can be the guy in charge, or a man with a strict personal code like a monk or wandering knight. You could be someone who strives to stamp out disorderly people wherever, a lot of stuff

>>324357445
this basically
>>
>>324357210
It can be summarized as "a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do". Sure, he can be someone's tool but that's just details. LN have a code they'd hate to deviate from. It's not a particularly altruistic code (LG), nor it is completely selfish/hurtful to others (LE). Depending on the character, LN may follow the spirit or the wording of their codes, laws and other stuff.
>>
>>324357496
Not necessarily
>>
>>324357496
No, it could just mean you think no matter how bad laws are, it's better than the alternative. I saw a Lawful Neutral character that came from chaos and disorder and that shaped their current outlook.

And they tried to change things where they could or disagreed - just by law.
>>
>>324350530
>no Neutral Evil

What a faggot.
>>
>>324350530
>True Neutral
That's faggot tier.
>>
>>324352513
this guy is right, everybody else in this thread is fedora
>>
I don't understand what's wrong with Chaotic Good. They just do what they think is right, headless to the law or anything, right? Is that so bad? I only ask because if I ever did proper tabletop that's what I'd pick.
>>
>>324352513
this is the only true list
>>
File: giphy.gif (491 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
491 KB, 500x375
>>324352513
Good in chaos opens the door for evil to gain a foothold, and law without good gains nothing but unchangeable injustice. Only with both working together can we have lasting peace and justice.
Neutral is fine too, I can appreciate taking a balanced stance to find the best solution.
>>
>>324358000
Except when they're idiot idealists who make things worse on their mindless crusade, and more people suffer because 'lol do what's right'.
>>
>>324358000
Being on the chaotic end of the Law-Chaos spectrum, they tend to be short-sighted. Their motives are questionable, their methods can be considered amoral and consequences of their actions tend to be disastrous. It's not just about helping people (that'd be NG), it's about helping them in a specific way.
But the thing is, it all depends on the character in question which is why alignment threads are retarded.
>>
>>324358000
Chances are it's not the concept they hate, they probably hate the players. From my experience most chaotic players are played by liberals, like the kind you'd see on tumblr.

Funny enough the best chaotic character was played by a diehard conservative. But that was chaotic neutral. And he somehow was the guy who got along with the strict lawful good paladin the most in the party, despite the fact he was a beastman and the paladin disliked beastmen. True battle brothers.
>>
>>324358247
Wouldn't the lawful good be much more likely to both be an idealist and go on a crusade? Isn't crusading inherently lawful?
>>
>>324358000
>trips
Chaotic good often fucks things up. The lawful approach can often be slow or may not be the perfect good that they would hope for, so they take things into their own hands. This results in them stepping on everyone else's toes for the sake of their impatience, or actually harming people because they are misguided in their view of what is good.
>>
>>324358361
Crusading by law vs. crusading by morals. Trust me, the more you play DnD the more you realize that Lawful and Chaotic circle back to each other.
>>
>>324358361
Actually, in my opinion CG tend to be more idealistic as they don't fit the cold, hard system (hence Chaos). This is the reason they want to change it for the better but most don't really know how things work. LG, on the other hand, found it in themselves to better the system instead of radically changing it.
>>
>>324358406
>>324358315
>>324358296
>>324358247
So basically, if the chaotic good player doesn't try to act like their way is THE right way and will fix everything, but instead realizes that they're view is subjective and may not be the best way they're okay? I mean, when is it okay to express the chaotic in chaotic good?
>>
>>324358571
Let's not go that far. Lawful Good are just as stupid sometimes.
>>
>>324358605
You can play it however you want. That's the point. You're roleplaying. If you want to play a shortsighted dumbass Chaotic Good, go for it. Just don't be annoying like
>>324358315
said.

Problem that you run into with that mindset is that if views are subjective, how is one person with one viewpoint going to change an army of the same viewpoint?
>>
>Chaotic neutral
That kid general.
>>
>>324358632
Sure. Alignment as a whole is just designers pointing in a general direction. If players use it in their games, they should think about every how and why of their character.
>>324358605
If he continues to do what he's doing after realizing that he's wrong, it's quite possible that he's just an asshole who doesn't actually care about helping people and is out to prove a point. That'd be CN or maybe even LN, if he's really specific about his task. Maybe even someone with Evil alignment.
>>
>>324358789
>steals all the party treasure and runs XD
>come chase me XD
>>
>>324358895
>mfw we had a player like this
>mfw the LE member of the party motioned to behead him for stabbing the princess we were hired to save
>our faces when we held him down
>LE guy's face when he brought his axe down
>his face when he tasted justice
priceless
Rest of the party was all LG, LN and NG too
>>
>>324350530
>Lawful Evil
>crap
Fuck off nig
>>
>>324359019
Worse part was when he had a tumblr girl as a chaotic neutral to 'diversify' what characters she played but ended up acting like a lawful, policing our actions, especially if we played a sexist or racist character,

Fuck off, bitch. You shouldn't give a shit. The defining fucking motive for a chaotic neutral is to 'live and let live'.
>>
>>324359198
It's great having a DM that lets you put annoying players in their place. It's the other player's fault if they make characters that chafe with the group
>>
File: wrong.gif (657 KB, 200x113) Image search: [Google]
wrong.gif
657 KB, 200x113
>Actually playing Lawful Good

Chaotic Neutral master race
>>
Speaking from personal experience, pretty much every alignment is good for a fun time except Lawful Good and Chaotic Neutral. I've never met a Lawful Good that wasn't an insufferable rules faggot or a Chaotic Neutral that wasn't a LOLSORANDUMB idiot.
>>
>>324355242
Sigh...
I've said this in a bunch of alignment threads before,
Chaotic evil is always played wrong.
It isn't chaotic retard. People just suck at roleplaying it.
Here is how you do chaotic evil.

Bob is a guy from a fairly underprivileged background, he has been forced into shit his whole life. Forced into an apprenticeship, beaten, mistreated and constantly looked down upon by those in positions of power.
Bob one day siezes an opportunity to throw of the yoke of oppression. He forms a small group that fight back against their oppressors. At one point he and his mujah.. I mean followers kidnap the local Baron, who has been abusing the serfs of the region. He then proceeds to torture and kill the man, making an example of him. Then he frees more of the enslaved peasantry. He moves from town to town, liberating the downtrodden, redistributing the wealth of the ruling class and leading his merry band in burning and raping their way through the bourgeoisie.

There. Chaotic evil done right. It's just chaotic good, but willing to do fucking nasty shit for the same ends.
>>
>>324362701
>neutral
>not a retard

excuse me?
>>
Lawful Evil is objectively the most patrician alignment.
>>
>>324362775
Neutral?
That lost was about evil.
Chaotic neutral always seems to be lolrandom.
That also grinds my granny...
In fact most alignment talk is stupid.
I mean for example, a lawful evil dude, is the evil representative of his willingness to do horrible shit for the sake of law?
Or does it represent the end goal, and he is instead willing to follow the law in pursuit of eeeeevil goals?
See you gotta define one axis as the characters intentions and the other as their modus operandi.
THAT my niggas is how to rp alignment.
PS. Isn't this /v/ and not /tg/?
>>
>>324355408
Playing neutral characters isn't hard, it's fucking boring. The only incentive for a true neutral character to do anything is to "restore the balance". Except if you're a badass priest determined to kick anything that's not neutral's ass, that's not very interesting.
>>
I always roll Lawful Evil.

When my faggy friends roll a CN or CE to RP their emo bullshit, I find a way to manipulate the situation to fuck them over.

Had a friend who made a CN barb that killed everything that used words he didnt understand, so I would always find NPCs and ask questions like "Whats the term for words that sound like the action they describe".

His character didnt last long.
>>
File: hairittating.jpg (287 KB, 760x901) Image search: [Google]
hairittating.jpg
287 KB, 760x901
>>324363325
No, you just explained why D&D alignments are fucking stupid, not how to play them.
Besides, your way of seeing things implies that the end justifies the means. I believe I don't have to argue why that's wrong.
Actually, the way alignments are portrayed in D&D is made so that your action can modify your outlook on the world and your objectives. If someone wants to save say, his family and for his goal, he ends up butchering several villages, it will probably change him and by the end, maybe he won't want to save a family that sees him as a killing machine. Why do you think paladins are so restrained in their actions by the will of their gods? In part, it's the power/responsibility relationship, but also because doing something out of one's alignement would end up defeating the purpose of his goal. And also for balance issues, a paladin of your own alignment beating your ass would be pretty unfair.

tl;dr you suck at alignment.
>>
>not lawful neutral

Enjoy being fucking boring?
>>
File: oigozk[1].png (170 KB, 312x300) Image search: [Google]
oigozk[1].png
170 KB, 312x300
True Neutral Druid / Monk reporting in.

I'd rather just ignore all you guys and your bullshit. Until you get too much power. Then I'll have to kill you to keep the balance. Good, Evil, it doesn't matter.
>>
>>324366467

>Lawful Neutral
>Fucking boring

Maybe I'm playing the alignment wrong then.

I've had a lot of fun with it. I've played it as a tragic flawed hero who sticks to their guns in a dark and insane world. They're someone who wants to be good, but who may do evil for all the right reasons, or even selfish reasons.

They're the kind of person who you can rely to be honorable, a person you who cares about you, but someone who doesn't shy away from brutal and necessary evil.

For me, it's less "honor, law, organization, logic" and more a determined loyal person who is torn between good and evil, has flaws, and wants to find their way to becoming good.
>>
>>324366164
Wait, did you read what I wrote? Where did I say anything about ends justifying means?
I merely asked which of the lawful or the evil represents the character's goals, and which represents their means in achieving their goals.
Ie: outlook and method.
You are defending the current understanding of a flawed system by shooting my alternative take on it down by essentially saying that it isn't in line with the existing understanding of said flawed system.
>>
>>324366502
Monks are Lawful Neutral because they follow a code.
>>
What's wrong with Lawful Evil?
>>
>>324367628
I know.
>>
>>324366502
True Neutral Reporting in.
>>
>>324366502
true neutral here. i clear every guy in my way because they are in my way.
>thats it
>>
>>324366502
True Neutral here.

Law, Chaos, Good, Evil. They are all necessary forces in the universe. But all are of equal import. None should be allowed to take precedence over another. Absolute peace leads to degeneracy and weak, subservient people. Absolute chaos leads to barbaric and ritualistic behaviour. If an imbalance is perceived, corrective steps must be taken until the balance is righted once again.
>>
File: killmepls.png (1 MB, 952x673) Image search: [Google]
killmepls.png
1 MB, 952x673
Chaotic good for life
Also Filth was a good movie.
>>
Good Tier:
True Good, Neutral Good, Chaotic Good
>>
Chaotic Neutral.

The only way to make the world better is through chaos. When people see the destruction caused, they'll work together for a better future. And if they don't, then they don't deserve that future.
>>
File: 1441619950395.gif (1 MB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
1441619950395.gif
1 MB, 320x287
>not being neutral evil
>>
>>324350530
>GOD TIER
>True Neutral

Hey Saitama
>>
>>324358000
It's pretty much like working with Rorschach
>>
>>324352513
this
>>
>chaotic anything
>>
File: 1425552850432.jpg (6 KB, 196x204) Image search: [Google]
1425552850432.jpg
6 KB, 196x204
What the fuck is the difference between lawful good and true good? there is none faggots
>>
>>324372947
heh
>>
>>324374446
lawful good thinks the realisation of the good is only possible within a well ordered society of law abiding citizens.
Neutral good wants to realise the good, and doesn't care if it's in a society or not.

That's how I understand it anyway.
>>
>>324375739
Also applies to any self-imposed codes I believe. E.G. LG may come across something where doing good would directly contravene with their self imposed code, and as a result, would have an ethical crisis on their hands. TG would just do good, regardless of any codes. Then from what I understand CG would be the one to fight against certain codes so that good can prevail. So I guess Superman would be LG, maybe Flash would be TG, and Green Arrow might be CG. Those are all probably bad examples, but there you go.
>>
>>324352513
>lawful good
>ever
lmao literally kill yourself you palashit
>>
>>324375739
>>324376290
He didn't say neutral good, nigga.
>>
>>324350530
True Neutral are either hippy faggots or batshit insane belivers in some cosmic balance.
>>
>>324376761
I thought Neutral good and True good were interchangeable? I mean you got True Neutral, so I thought the grid was Lawful, True and Chaotic along the top, and then Good, Neutral and Evil along the bottom?
>>
>>324366502
>>324370954
You True Neutrals are backstabbing motherfuckers. I'd rather trust Lawful Evil than you.
>>
>>324376945
Obviously it's Good, Neutral, Evil
Then columns: Lawful, Neutral, Chaotic
So in the central you have Neutral Neutral, which is true neutral.
>>
Its an age thing

When you're young, you believe chaotic or evil the best alignments. You're free, you get to do what you want, you can stab everyone lol.

Then when you're middle aged you realize theres more to life then that again start leaning towards good and lawful. You want to fix whats wrong with the world, because you've faced chaotic bullshit yourself in life.

Then when you're older still you come to the realization that neutral is always the best stand point. It leaves you open to both sides, you learn, you grow, you expand. You don't pick sides but you know what, why and how the sides are feeling.
>>
File: skeletons 1.jpg (165 KB, 770x900) Image search: [Google]
skeletons 1.jpg
165 KB, 770x900
>>324352513
My brother
>>
>>324377592
t. teenager
>>
>>324377552
so why are terms like True Good and True Evil used?
>>
>>324377694
Because retards exist, true good and true evil are concepts that manage to be exponentially more flawed than even the original alignment system.
>>
File: 1451546048581.jpg (77 KB, 576x540) Image search: [Google]
1451546048581.jpg
77 KB, 576x540
>>324350530

As a Chaotic Neutral, I don't believe in good, evil, right or wrong.

I just do what's fun and speak my mind; sure it pisses a lot of people off but I'm based and truly don't give a fuck.
>>
>everyone hating evil as if any story can exist without some kind of antagonising factor
>>
File: OGRE.jpg (26 KB, 300x265) Image search: [Google]
OGRE.jpg
26 KB, 300x265
NEEEEEEERRRRRRRRDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSSS
>>
File: literal_cuck.jpg (19 KB, 210x330) Image search: [Google]
literal_cuck.jpg
19 KB, 210x330
>Lawful Good
>>
File: kr.png (562 KB, 512x768) Image search: [Google]
kr.png
562 KB, 512x768
>any other alignment other than LG
Sounds like you fags aren't allies of justice
>>
Chaotic Neutral every chance I get. I always play the crazy hobo druid in the woods.
Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.