[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GTA IV is better than GTA V
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: 1452227515210.jpg (42 KB, 800x587) Image search: [Google]
1452227515210.jpg
42 KB, 800x587
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWVtZJo-HqI

I felt like there was definitely something very lacking in GTAV, I think this video perfectly exemplifies why I felt that way. GTA V failed in so many small ways, it's just not acceptable.
>>
AW shit missed the old thread about this, any link?
>>
Yeah, I agree. I got bored of V within 2 months whereas I played IV multiple hours every day for 3 years.
>>
>>324341784
You're gonna get a lot of faggots here in this thread most likely but this really is an excellent video. Most may say that these are little things but honestly...it's all ABOUT the little things. It shows that you're truly invested in your project instead of just trying to complete it.
>>
i really want to play gta iv, but it runs like shit on my pc. is there any patch that fixes those poor optimization issues?
>>
I enjoyed playing tennis in GTAV
>>
>IV was basically a tech demo for the new engine
>Yet V ended up having less technology and little things in general

How?
>>
>>324344067
I agree. The intricate little things made the game. Plus I thought the story was better too. Niko was way more relateable than the three protagonists in GTAV.
>>
>>324345481
Don't run it with Steam. Fixed the stuttering for many people, including myself
>>
>>324345698
The whole diamond trilogy is probably the best story in the series
>>
>>324345892
I think that's how a 3-protagonist story should be done, there's no reason to make me switch between them all the time. Just make one story and expand upon things you were on the wrong side of the first time around.
>>
Theres no fucking way... to live in a world where theres retards that think that GTA IV was good...
You all mother fuckers hated it before GTA V got released.
>>
>>324341784
GTA V is shit made for the casual of casual.
>>
>>324346306
Zelda Cycle.
>Latest game sucks, the one before it was the best!
>>
>>324346306
>>324346498
>I didn't like it so no one did!
>>
I'll just say what was said in the last thread.

Rockstar got lazy.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6mFNznjmbM

Best theme also.
>>
>>324346306
It's the same fagging spamming these threads and advertising his video.
>>
Looking forward to GTA 6 to come out just for you guys to bandwagon to the defense of GTA 5. You are all horribly predictable.
>>
>>324346935
Christ, I don't even want to imagine how shitty GTA VI will be if they take yet another step backwards.

I think it's going to end up as some kind of MMO hybrid, to be honest. Rockstar seems like they want to focus entirely on multiplayer pay-to-win shit instead of making a good game and adding a fun multiplayer mode in as an afterthought.
>>
IV was the worst GTA,.
>>
>>324347127
That is true tho, the most disappointing thing about 5 is the gta online dlc. Considering both pieces of dlc for 4 was pretty good.
>>
Fuck off.
gta IV is the worst gta game.
>>
>>324347238
>>324347345
12 year old GTA online players detected
>>
>>324341784
>GTA IV
>Shoot guy in the chest
>Writhing in pain on the ground
>They either are carried off by paramedics, limp away, or are finished off by the player

>GTA V
>Shoot guy in the chest
>Instant death
>Never even seen a paramedic revive one
>>
File: 1378079462105.jpg (72 KB, 712x724) Image search: [Google]
1378079462105.jpg
72 KB, 712x724
As a tech demo to show off the new engine capabilities, GTAIV was impressive
But as an overall game, it's ugly as shit and just sucked a lot of fun of the PS2 games
Yes, GTAV would have been miles better if Rockstar just focused on Quality over Quantity but I had more fun with it then IV
>>
>>324347687
>sucked a lot of fun
>ragdoll physics
>car damage and physics
Those are the only fun things about GTA.
>>
the "Auto" part of IV is complete garbage and invalidates any argument in defense of that game, is a game about driving for the most part ffs.
I don't care how "cool" the physics are if it plays like shit and looks like shit and that game have both.
>>
>>324347829
And the mass amounts of cheats SA had.
>>
>>324347890
>mad because he can't git gud
>>
>implying spaceship Nico was a good thing
>>
>>324347641

i'm pretty sure everyone who thinks IV was the best started with IV
>>
>>324348269
This
IV introduced a new younger generation of storyfags who don't care about gameplay.
>>
>>324347687
The game looks great. Up the contrast and color a bit.
>>
>>324348269
Started with 3 actually.
>>
>>324348376
Are you retarded? I can't even understand this logic.
>the younger generation cares about story
LOL, I'm pretty sure every kid playing GTA IV liked it for the ragdoll.
>>
What are some good graphic mods for GTAIV?
>>
>>324348641
>LOL, I'm pretty sure every kid playing GTA IV liked it for the ragdoll
Is that supposed to be less stupid?
>>
And people like GTA V for the most autistic reason, muh car customization xD
>>
>>324346548
No one liked GTA IV before. I dont remember a single positive thread about it when it was released. Now we get a bunch of threads every now and then with people claiming it was the bomb and saying V sucked...
>>
>>324348763
ICEnhancer
>>
I found them both bland and underwhelming but I did enjoy playing IV a little for physics and TECHNOLOGY. I didn't even get halfway through either story.
>>
Vc
Gta4
Liberty city stories
San andreas

That order
>>
>>324348376
>storyfags

But the story isn't even good. It starts off interesting then just turns into every other GTA except you have a cousin who keeps calling you to go bowling.
>>
>>324345698
>Niko
>RELATABLE
>>
>>324348376

None of the stories were any good. Vice City's was ok, but really GTA has always been about the sandbox.
>>
I had a friend back in high school which claimed all the time that GTA IV was the best GTA, far superior to SA and VC because it had better graphics and an actual storyline. You people are like this guy, disregard gameplay for storyline in a fucking gta
>>
File: pc.png (44 KB, 733x545) Image search: [Google]
pc.png
44 KB, 733x545
>>324349140
Thanks, do you think my PC can handle that? I'll try regardless of your answer but I'd like to know what to expect.
>>
>>324349261
Your taste are on the same level as your sentence structure.
>>
>>324345698
>i can relate to a slav who participated a civil war and suffers from ptsd

lmao
>>
>>324349507
I don't know much about PC specs but I was able to run it with Medium settings on my mediocre 2009 computer, so I think you'll be fine.
>>
>>324349596

'are on' kek
>>
File: 1452296053329.gif (143 KB, 246x238) Image search: [Google]
1452296053329.gif
143 KB, 246x238
>>324349091
Nobody started liking IV more because V was released, fuck off.
>>
Vice City had the best atmosphere, all that Gangsta shit was inspired by Scarface too, i never played much of SA. I enjoyed the story and game play in IV but I didn't like the missions and felt there wasn't enough side shit and a lot of people who 100% the others but gave up on the pigeons. V felt real easy to play but it felt short. I think we need a new setting like RDR.
>>
Considering GTA V was supposed to be based in a time where gun violence was extremely high and gun laws are lenient, the way the cops start shooting you when you approach them with a sub-machine gun pointed at them is completely reasonable and not a sign of laziness. It's just a reflection of the current social environment. I have to agree though that all of the physics of IV is way more superior than V.
>>
>>324346306
Hey GTAO kid. Bought your monthly shark cards yet? Maybe changed the color of that cool Zentorno?

Fuck off, it's because of people like you that Grand Theft Auto is becoming Grand Purchase Auto. You're even fucking buying money at this point.
>>
Can you still play IV/TLatD/BoGT online? The only way I could get them to work was xliveless
>>
File: 1410020392498.png (98 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
1410020392498.png
98 KB, 375x375
>>324350972
>He didn't get hackerbux
Besides, everyone was shitting on 4 long before 5 was released. Don't deflect the 4's shortcomings by bitching about GTAO.
>>
>>324351368
>people who are too fucking stupid to launder their hackerbux with a garage full of zentornos
>>
2 > SA > VC > IV > V > III > 1

III was a masterpiece before it's successors came along. Now it's just rotten milk and nostalgia.

GTA 2 is timeless.
>>
>>324350679
Aha, I fucking knew someone would pull this argument.
>The game is worse on purpose!
Kill yourself you fucking mong
>>
If gta iv had the graphics of best looking next gen gta v, then I would never stop playing it.
>>
>>324351694
Ehhhhhhhhhh, 3 has it's problems, but it can be excused as treading new ground.

i wouldn't really put 2 that high. It was good, but it wasn't better than SA.
>even touched by a flamethrower=instant death
yeah, nah. that's horseshit.
>>
>>324348376

but IV has the best gameplay in the series, the gunplay was clearly better than the previous games and better than V
>>
The 2d gtas can't really be compared to the 3d era
>>
File: saying the wrong things again.jpg (113 KB, 500x336) Image search: [Google]
saying the wrong things again.jpg
113 KB, 500x336
>>324352104
>GTA 4 had better gunplay than 5
>>
>>324351694
IV>VC>SA>V>3>2>1
fixed it for you friendo :^)
>>
man, russian motherfucker is going all out shilling his video here
>>
>>324349091

Saying that "people didn't start liking this until recently" is a sly way to discredit their positive opinion of a game. You're basically saying they ONLY think it's good just to be contrarian and not because their is any value in the game in question. What's sad is that people who spout this kind of thing usually have a lot of people agreeing with them.

Have you considered that maybe people who liked the game were always around, but buried under the vast amounts of shitposting and debate? As time goes on reactions tend to become less extreme and people look at things more closely.
>>
>>324341784

What bothers me most about the transition from IV to V was the lack of maturity. IV's story was often rather sloppy, but it often made the player question is what they were doing was really worth doing, or the right thing to do. It kind of shows the criminal underworld for the ugly cesspool that it is, and how violence just begets more violence. They perfected this kind of morality with RDR, with its big focus on family and the death of the wild west.

And yet with GTA V it was just "look how awesome this is, don't you feel badass"? It almost seems like it was made by an entirely different company.
>>
>>324352801
>"look how awesome this is, don't you feel badass"?

ELVIS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING
>>
>tfw you could mod in GTA IV as long as you stayed in freemode and didn't make it unplayable
>tfw you can't even mod a little in GTAV or face severe punishment and bannings
It's a real shame. The most fun I had with GTAO was playing in private games with the entire crew, spawning shit, having fun. Tractor Trailer races. Team Deathmatch on the trailers while going down the highway. Hanging out in the aircraft carrier and closed buildings. Just chilling in general. All can no longer be done because most are banned now. Custom servers cannot come fast enough, this shit is so fucking stupid.
>>
>>324345687
wasn´t that ping pong game from r* a tech demo for the new engine?
>>
>>324341784
V was so dumbed down it's not even funny.
>>
>>324353432
Says the same people who complain about the police being too hard.
>>
>>324353579
Precisely. In V the only thing they do is make the police spawn right next to you. Back in IV they had competent AI instead.
>>
If this is all it takes to shift the popular opinion on the internet regarding GTAIV
>>
>>324353798
>Back in IV they had competent AI instead
Nostalgia is one hell of a drug.
>>
>>324353798
they spawn a fair ways away, You're just too stupid to know enough to change direction so you don't run dick first into them.
>>
>>324353579
V police are shit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qUJc20yu28
>>
>>324353943
Literally the same as every other GTA
>>
>>324352801
holy shit was gta4 your first gta game?
>>
Fanboi is strong itt
>>
I'd bet they dumbed down the physics so much because it was a PS3/X360 release initially.

V actually looks and runs much better than IV, which always felt like a miracle. But it's obvious where they made the shortcuts.

Still, to say IV is a better game is ridiculous. V has much better gameplay, where it matters, like the driving and gunplay and actual movement.
>>
>>324354236
>saint's row driving
>better
>>
>>324354236
no anon! you don't understand! This youtube video from a year and a half ago says otherwise, and despite not actually playing it because i'm from a shithole armpit slavic country and can't even run it on my cigarette ash stained dell from 1998, IV is much better because niko is slavic like me!
>>
>>324354365
When was saints row brought up?
>>
Gta 5 sucks cock
>>
>>324341784
>reinstall GTA IV and episodes
>computer can run GTA V on high settings above 60FPS
>GTA IV and episodes stutter horribly, literally below 30 FPS consistently
>try every fix I can find, nothing works

why is this allowed? is the game gimped on ATI cards? I had an Nvidia card back when I originally played it and it was fine despite having a much less powerful system back then
>>
>>324354562
that's what the driving in V is like.
>>
Shit opinions general?

I fucking knew the retards here would start saying stuff like "IV was actually good" once V was released. People ripped on IV for YEARS here.

It was relentless.

And they were right. IV is the worst GTA. Worst characters, worst weapons, worst map, worst radio, worst vehicles, and horrible port for pcfags

It's shining achievment was having a fun free roam. It certainly beats V in that department. GTAO is antifun as fuck.

But everything else is just bad.
>>
>>324355340
I"ve played both games

The driving is not similar at all
>>
>>324355358
>Those people that said those things are the exact same people here.
>>
>Want to replay GTAIV
>Remember all that bullshit with diamonds
>Want to replay GTAV
>Remember all these CINEMATIC and IMMERSIVE missions where you wander around banks and "PREPARE FOR HEIST"
Fuck all this shit, I'll better replay VC or TBoGT
>>
>>324355340
it is?

How so?
>>
>>324355589
but you can just select whichever fun mission you want to do from the pause menu.
>>
>>324348269
I started with the first and went with order of release except vcs and lcs and IV is one of my highest rated games even though has aged horrible both graphics and gameplay in some aspects

SA fags are the worst shit on everything that isn't SA
>>
>>324356037
>IV fags are the worst shit on everything that isn't IV
Fixed.
>>
>>324346724
they spent over 200 million usd on it
how did they get lazy?
>>
>>324355358
>ALL the content was shit
>but the free roam was fun

makes total sense
>>
File: Feels-Badman.png (261 KB, 388x690) Image search: [Google]
Feels-Badman.png
261 KB, 388x690
>>324341784
>>324341784

The technical effects of IV, and in its day and age (people were doing better of course) was TECHNOLOGY.

They had a lot riding on this, they had to top GTA:SA which to this day(!) is favored among the vocal fans in their masses, and I think they tried to hit it from a technical aspect, to flesh out sheer effect.

IV is my personal favorite, and I can appreciate V, but V is as strong as it could have been.

After IV, they had the sale of V in the bag.
They got everyone.
The Next gen consoles had nogamez, and so they got everyone TWICE.

They unfortunately invested too much budget into advertising, and in doing so, lost what was supposed to make this game great. GTA V needs the technical, the atmospheric, soundtrack, design and above all, it needs me to want to play it without hesitation.

GTA IV, is a game you take your time with.
A lot of criticism comes from people not >investing time into the game.
>that last line of the video
>Roman
WAS THE BIGGEST "FLAW" PLAYERS SAW!
THEY PLAY FOR 10 HOURS, HAVE ENOUGH OF THE MAP TO DICK AROUND IN AND THEN GET PROMPTED TO VIA TXT SOCIAL OBLIGATIONS, NEAR CONSTANTLY AT ENDGAME.
I find this argument to be a double edged sword, because on the other side of that is AUTISM but my point stands. GTA IV, is alive.

GTA V is shiny.
GTA IV is thoughtful.

No winners or losers tho, this is all preference.
>>
>>324356192
I'm sure most of it was spent on marketing.
>>
File: COUSIN.png (140 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
COUSIN.png
140 KB, 250x250
>>324350679

YES!

THAT'S THE OTHER WAY I ALWAYS LOOK AT IT!

Was it a stylistic choice?

Was this artistic liberty, to make the cops more malicious to the player, and npcs.
>Over-aggressive, faceless police force

I can appreciate that being done; correctly.
But much like every other piece of biting satire GTA V is stuffed with, I think it kinda chapped the players. Limiting exploration paths, by having npcs shoot you, leads the player to a more primal state.

You ever notice that?
GTA V online seems way more trigger happy.
>>
>>324348269
I started with Vice city and IV is my favorite
>>
File: IMG_9776_640x480.jpg (43 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9776_640x480.jpg
43 KB, 640x480
>>324356640
Nothing to add, but quality post. Keep up the good work.
>>
>>324349405
>>324349618
I really liked it because I'm from the Balkans and Nico's life was quite similar to my dad's.
>>
The only thing GTA4 does better than 5 is limb based damage. I miss shooting fuckers in the knee and having them limp away or shooting them in the hand and them not being able to shoot with their strong hand or use shotguns/ARs.

Everything about GTA4 just feels like shit otherwise that needed the expansions to fix it.
>>
>>324352263
Are you me?
>>
File: okay.png (388 KB, 790x482) Image search: [Google]
okay.png
388 KB, 790x482
>>324357484

cool
>>
>>324355476
The driving is very similar (although V's driving is much better then SR's). In both V and SR you have almost complete control of your car, making the chases fairly unexciting, I swear it feels almost as bad as Watch Dogs.

In IV cars have weight and feels like you're actually driving a car. Most cars in IV handle differently, kinda like actually driving, you have to learn the car and get a feel for it.
>>
Franklin>Johnny>Michael=Nico>Luis>Trevor

Trevor had his fun bits but overall he's just totally unlikable. And the fact that he killed Johnny so offhandedly in his first scene felt like a major slap in the face to the fans.
>>
>>324348269
This thread is about IV being better than V, not the best overall. Nice job shifting goalposts, faggot.

>>324348376
Oh yeah because San Andreas's story never gets any attention right?
The gameplay in IV was clearly better than previous games in many aspects, because a lot of the shit present in the video is not in the older games.
The only things the older games had over IV were bigger maps, planes, and jetpacks, but even then IV had a shitload of other stuff to do that was not present in previous installments. The world itself was more detailed.
>>
>>324357875
>The gameplay in IV was clearly better than previous games in many aspects
No it wasn't, the whole game was a step back in every way.
>>
>>324357793
That's bullshit. The only people that think 4 feels like driving a car are people that have never driven a car or live in perpetual winter.
>>
File: 1420420272765.gif (2 MB, 249x337) Image search: [Google]
1420420272765.gif
2 MB, 249x337
>>324357650
nope
>>
I'm not really a fan of IV, but V made a lot of really stupid decisions I wasn't happy with.

The video mentioned it a few times, there are way too many decisions R* made that were based on "realism" rather than fun. Tons of the shit that frustrated me in V only seemed to exist to make the game more realistic, and I feel like that's not a good place for the GTA series to be, as the game wasn't very realistic in the end anyway (also shown in the video). I think the games are much better when they're wacky, over-the-top, and designed to be fun, like Vice City or III.

I like fucking around in V just a bit more than IV, but as a whole I think IV is a better game for not pulling as much bullshit.

That being said I don't like either of them that much.
>>
>>324350679
>the way the cops start shooting you when you approach them with a sub-machine gun pointed at them is completely reasonable and not a sign of laziness
Did you ignore the very first fucking clip of the video? The cops arrested the player for simply standing in front of them, WITHOUT a gun.
>>
One thing I felt was missing from IV was mystery. Previous games had a lot of fun easter eggs and other "weird" shit you could find, or at least shit that people talked about and may even still debate today, like whether or not Bigfoot was really in SA.

People talked about Ratman and ghosts in some factory, but there was nothing concrete that everyone was shocked to find, like the car trying to run you over. There were no aliens despite the helicopter lights over Liberty City being a good setting for them. There were no weirdos in the overworld that would kill you if you found them, like the murderer in the desert of SA.

No easter eggs that laughed at you when you found them either like in VC. The world was detailed and had a few interesting places to visit, explore, and create police stand-offs there, but there wasn't really anything interesting to discover or find.

Well, I guess the Heart inside the Statue of Liberty was kind of freaky.
>>
Reminder that GTA IV was the only entry so bad that it caused many GTA fans to abandon the GTA franchise, and moved over to Saints Row instead.
>>
>>324341784
what's up with the music holy shit
>>
>>324358018
>No it wasn't, the whole game was a step back in every way.
Care to provide some examples?
Everything in IV was more detailed from the strippers to the minigames. You can take people out to places to build relationships to gain benefits. You can even date people for certain bonuses.
Overall there was more to do in building interiors, while in previous games you were limited to stores, fast food, and gambling.
>>
>>324341784
GTA IV sucked, sure it had technology but that was it. There was nothing to do with that technology and it got old fast.
>>
>>324349618
>have to have lived the same life of a character to be able to relate

Relation comes from the way a character is written you immensely autistic troglodyte
>>
>>324348269
I started with 2, IV is my favorite.
>>
>>324358442
All it did was remove features and content.
>Less clothing
>Less customization
>Fewer homes
>Fewer mini-games
>Smaller and less detailed map, with zero variety and no landscape
>Fewer weapons and vehicles
>No tanks and jets
>Worse missions
Basically less everything, and in worse quality. The only thing people even like about it is the story and "Muh technology", but the actual gameplay where it matters is trash.
>>
>>324358347
I think that part of the reason Saints Row became popular was because it recognized itself as a game.

GTA IV and V both prioritize realism over fun game design. That's what turned it off for me at least.
>>
>>324358408
How do you not recognize the music? Confirmed for never playing GTA IV. Probably underage.
>>
>>324357193
> You ever notice that?
>GTA V online seems way more trigger happy.

That's because gta iv and gtao are structured differently
In IV you only have a pistol and had to collect weapons and if you died you had to recollect
In gtao freeroam you have an arsenal of weapons personal vehicles and tan and helicopter a phone call away
>>
>>324358347
this is probably why they went all LOL SO RANDOM XD!! with GTA V, they had to if they wanted the autismo crowd back
>>
>>324358893

Good point.
>>
>>324358085
As far as video games go it's pretty good.
>>
GTA4 has way too much fucking bloom.
>>
File: 1452295842272.png (256 KB, 476x477) Image search: [Google]
1452295842272.png
256 KB, 476x477
>>324358717
>gameplay
>trash

>being this wrong
>>
>>324358442
>why even have places like burgershot or cluckinbell when they took out the food system?
>where did the planes and varied settings go?
>no gun stores
>no car customization
>can't buy properties

i could go on.

Oh, and you COULD date people for certain bonuses in San Andreas. The only interiors IV had were locations used only for missions or activities. V has literally just as many.
>>
>>324348269
I started with a bootleg copy of gta1 on a modified PlayStation 1 when it came out.

IV is my favorite (especially bgot) and i prefer the more grounded approach to open world crime games. It's probably why I liked the getaway so much too.
>>
>>324359140
Compelling counter-argument.
>>
>>324341784
>shooting guns out of peoples hands
jesus fuck I forgot that was even a thing, what a great feature
>>
File: enb2016_1_18_9_10_11.png (2 MB, 1536x864) Image search: [Google]
enb2016_1_18_9_10_11.png
2 MB, 1536x864
>>324349140
I may have to tweak a thing or two
>>
File: 1451863417056.jpg (102 KB, 721x767) Image search: [Google]
1451863417056.jpg
102 KB, 721x767
>>324349140
>8 year old game
>>
File: 1426735598137.jpg (11 KB, 250x239) Image search: [Google]
1426735598137.jpg
11 KB, 250x239
>>324341784
I've played every GTA game since the playstation 1 but meh vibes the closer it got to release and I've just never bothered to play V. It looked like an obvious step down from IV for the things I enjoy the series for. I'm glad I'm not the only one who was disappointed.
>>
>>324341784
GTAV
> can't throw bricks

0/10 - Garbage of the year.
>>
>>324359140
hes right though,Ii remember dying so much just because neko was a retard with cover and took for fucking every to aim like a slow child, and the bullet sponge enemies? really?
>>
>>324360106
The cover based system was a little wonky at times but

>slow to aim
That's your own sensitivity if you don't have aim-assist on. Turn up the sensitivity and aim yourself.

>bullet sponge
You fucking what. Literally everything can be shot in the head and die. On top of that, if anyone is a threat with armor, shoot their weapon and then focus their face.
>>
>>324359551
i know right?

>get in a shootout with cops
>take out a bunch
>tiny bit of health left
>shoot the last cop
>he drops his gun
>it goes off as it hits the ground
>i get hit and die

the little details really do make the difference
>>
>>324358347
> saints row
> more better than gta
Seriously consider mental help, gta series are still being played and talk about meanwhile SR is only mentioned in GTA threads how its apparently a better game yet nobody plays it nobody talks about it and it's sales are nowhere near gta BUT ITS FUN EVERYONE MOVED ASAP FROM GTA FOR SAINTS ROW
Give me a break, also realism can be fun just like role playing and structured and competitive Yet FUN FAGS say you need to be silly and stupid in order to have fun
>>
>>324360106
The enemies were free as shit if you had even relatively decent aim. Shooting them ragdolls them so easily.
>>
>>324349405
Nothings says relateable to the suburbanite like an eastern european immigrant
>>
>GTA IV comes out, critics rave about it
>hurf durf its shit i miss le wacky dildos and jetpacks
>GTA V comes out
>this is the best gamr ever, so much better than IV
>a couple of years down the line V is suddenly shit and IV was much better because th rest of the world prefers V
like pottery
>>
>>324359272
>gunplay is better (no super accurate SMGs from a mile away, can't just hold down trigger and recieve kills, more balanced weapons)
>able to crouch whenever you want to
>GTA IV protagonists aren't weak as shit
>cover system is useful, but doesn't force you to use it (see above point)
It's better in every single way.

>>324360106
You type like a fag, and your shit's all retarded. Git gud, faggot.
>>
>>324360209
the game didn't actually let you aim until neko stuck his retarded fuck slav body all the way out for everyone to shoot at, or do you not remember that detail? I even so why do i have to fuck with settings for 10 hours to fix it? why isn't the game just good?
>You fucking what. Literally everything can be shot in the head and die. On top of that, if anyone is a threat with armor, shoot their weapon and then focus their face.

what? good luck doing that with ten auto aim enemies with your sluggish drunk fucking slav controls keep in mind i didn't get it on pc because rockstar makes ass ports, then again GTA4 is the only game I've returned for a refund.
>>324360253
then why not just let one hit kill them instead of making me waste time and ammo? its video gamy as shit, more importantly the gun play felt shitty the aiming was awkward and badly animated with or without auto aim and the guns felt more limp dicked that airsoft guns, go back and play it now and actually compete a mission with a ton of AI and shooting like the robbery, the gunplay is just fucking bad, not that it was every good in GTA really.
>>
>>324360564
Except that's wrong. I loved San Andreas. I loved GTA IV. I hated V after I played it, which was when it first came out on last gen, for exactly the reasons in the OP's video.
>>
>>324360641
Actually all weapons were accurate if you tap fired. You're talking about iv right?
>>
>>324348269
started with vice city/SA and all of them are my favorite! They all have their own pros and cons!
>>
File: rain.webm (707 KB, 1920x810) Image search: [Google]
rain.webm
707 KB, 1920x810
>>
>>324360840
What part of "can't just hold down trigger and recieve kills" did your retarded mongoloid brain not understand? Yes, that is exactly what I'm fucking saying. Glad you agree.
>>
>>324360838
You're in the minority then, /v/ hated IV when it came out but now V is more popular /v/ has suddenly realised it preferred IV all along
>>
>>324359272
Sorry dawg but GTA's about being a gangster, committing crimes, and seeing how horrible the life of crime is, not dress up and real-estate hunting.

>weapon and vehicle variety were fine
>missions were just fine
>map was very detailed as is most of R*'s maps

IV had the best physics engine, gameplay, and the best AI out of any GTA. That, with a pretty good story, you're looking at a good fucking GTA.

You want mini games go play Mario Party faggot.
>>
>>324360564
people "prefer" V because it's the newest one. That's literally it. Once 6 comes out with its even more watered down physics nobody will ever touch V again and the millions of youtube videos will be unwatchable ancient relics.
IV has depth thanks to its physics, V feels more like Saints Row than GTA. Shallow and boring once the initial novelty and DUDE DILDOS LMAO wears off.
>>
>>324341784
Mhmm, now why didn't they keep that stuff? Isn't it obvious to the devs that some of the old mechanics were very good?
>>
>>324352104
I liked the gunplay in IV. Popping feet to get cops out of cover as they trip over, then popping their heads... quite a lot of dynamic elements to the combat too
>>
>>324361021
>>weapon and vehicle variety were fine
Worse than V

>>missions were just fine
Worse than V's

>>map was very detailed as is most of R*'s maps
Smaller, less detailed, and fewer variety than V's
>>
>>324360975
whoa guy don't get so butthurt, its not like any gta required skill with all that auto aiming anyway
>>
>>324361000
>the vocal minority is now the majority of people
Just because some people whine really loudly doesn't mean everyone else hates it. Of course some people are going to whine about the lack of jets, or the driving physics.
>>
Remember how excited we were for the heists in GTAV? Not the online ones the singleplayer ones that were teased in the previews.
>>
>>324341784
The melee counter attacks looked awful in gta4, I always enjoyed outboxing NPCs. Melee is fucking puke in V, so is the driving
>>
>>324361107
not that anon but
>missions were worse than V's
>map had less variety than V
I don't even like IV but V had some of the worst missions and map variety in the series
>>
>>324361029
I think they're all pretty fucking shallow, no amount of LOOK AT THESE PHYSICS will make the gameplay interesting if you're not just running around shooting random people, these games are the MOST NORMIE games in existence. the reason gta V is even dumber is because rockstar knows that and didn't actually want to spend the money doing anything interesting.
>>
>>324361029
I personally preferred it because the map was more interesting and the story wasnt as crushingly depressing, although I think the bank robbery in IV was the best mission a GTA game has ever had. When VI comes out everyone will prefer it for a while and then /v/ will be full of contrarians who actually really liked V all along.
>>
>>324361145
>lol u mad
Great argument. And to counter your non-argument and rub some salt in the wound, GTA V has even more autoaim than IV.
>>
>>324361305
most of that was due to obvious mission padding though, can't make a 60 dollar game these days without it being fucking 500 hours long for no reason
>>
>>324361305
IV was literally just a small generic New York
V had Los Santos, woods, desert, swamps, beaches and small towns. How the fuck does IV have better map variety?
>>
>>324358826
>people getting triggered this easily
I want tumblr to leave
>>
>>324361328
Just like The Elder Scrolls games... the amount of dicksucking for Oblivion after Skyrim came out was embarassing
>>
Can we agree the GTA4 accurately captured just how deadly zooming around on a motorcycle is?
>>
>>324361414
If anyone's getting triggered it's you. Truth hurts, doesn't it?
>>
>>324361396
All the GTAs have kinda been guilty of that. It just felt really bad in V.
>>
>>324361350
I never said it didn't, I think both games play like absolute ass, the best GTA game is red dead.
>>
>>324361548
But it's the same thing as GTA V. Same autoaim and everything, just with a western theme. But hey, that's just like, your opinion man. I also fucking love Red Dead.
>>
>>324341784
This is exactly why the GTA4 haters need to go suck a dick and go play their CoD
>>
>>324361637
>playing RDR with auto-aim on
That was your mistake
>>
>>324361323
in IV you can crush someone between your car and a wall, usually with a giant HUH and blood gushing out. In V they get crushed and then walk away. In IV you can get NPCs arrested by starting a fight near police or have them all start shooting each other, in V police don't even exist in the world unless you break the law or are near a police station
IV isn't perfect and many of its problems also come from its physics (it's pretty slow and awkward to play, especially after the PS2 games) but it has more depth and more ways to create your own fun. I know my younger than 18 year old brother used to love having shootouts at Cluckin Bell and the hospitals, you can't even do that in V
>>
>>324361676
You can turn it off in all of the other games too. GTA IV without autoaim takes more skill than V and RDR.
>>
>>324361528
I don't disagree at all, I actually hate rockstar mission design, they rely to much on timers and lame as spawn systems where enemies only spawn in after you "fall" for the ambush by walking into an obvious trap, wanna snipe the gang members before you enter? wanna use your brain? no fuck you MARVEL IN OUR GLAMOROUS CINEMATIC MOMENTS.
>>
File: 4>5.png (56 KB, 638x641) Image search: [Google]
4>5.png
56 KB, 638x641
>>324361107
>best physics engine
>best gameplay
>best AI
>good story

Better then V
>>
>>324361778
There were a few parts in IV where I had to switch it on :(
>>
>>324349596
i laugh every time a retard criticizes someones grammar or spelling and fucks it up themselves
>>
File: Jimmy_and_Gary.png (39 KB, 280x240) Image search: [Google]
Jimmy_and_Gary.png
39 KB, 280x240
>>324361791
To think, the best mission design Rockstar ever had wasn't even for a GTA game...
>>
GTA4 is far more complex that GTA5 mechanically. The AI in 5 is noticeably worse and the cops are god damn aimbots
>>
>>324346935
Rockstar had made it clear they're not to be trusted, they'll continue in this saints row direction of retardation
>>
>>324361637
at least the guns had kick and felt real 4 feels like you're playing a man stuck in mud and slow mo while drunk, and 5 feels like you're a crack addict.

>>324361778
that's only because it controls so poorly that you have to contaminate for its drawbacks

>>324361761
those first two things are actually just wrong but okay guy and the rest gets boring after 15 mins
>>
File: 1422136224166.jpg (100 KB, 400x382) Image search: [Google]
1422136224166.jpg
100 KB, 400x382
>ITT: people being nostalgic for GTA IV

good lord how blind are you guys to believe that it's a good idea to go back to Niko's boring setting, granted the story was interesting but apart from the cops' missions, nothing gave you the opportunity to enjoy Liberty City as a whole

remember that we went straight from gang wars, properties, customizing vehicles to limited safehouses, way less clothing choices and no gang presence apart from the occasional mobsters and bikers during missions

GTA V and online gave us the fun back but if you REALLY wanted to draw comparisons with the latest in the series you should pick The Ballad of Gay Tony/The Lost and Damned episodes rather than the original GTA IV, you could see the progressive comeback of the fun features such as parachute jumping and gang wars

OH AND THE BIKING IN GTA IV WAS HORRENDOUS, THANK GOD KLEBITZ CAME OVER
>>
Now if only IV could be optimized to sit at 60fps constant without needing a mainframe tier PC at low settings :(
>>
>>324362345
>GTA V online being fun

Good one
>>
>>324362112
>go to police station
>push random NPC to the ground by walking into them
>they get up and punch you
>in IV police will arrest the NPC (unless that NPC resists in which case it usually devolves into a shootout) and then drive around (although they don't go anywhere, they just drive until you're out of view and then they despawn
>in V the police just shoot the NPC and go back to their business
objectively inferior
>>324362345
>nostalgic
naw m8, we just see GTAV as the cheap Saints Row clone that it is. At least Saints Row has over the top shit like Health Insurance or that one minigame where you be a bouncer and throw NPCs into meat grinders and shit. V is literally no fun allowed, they even modeled a horse track and casino and then never added gambling as a minigame. Cheap, soulless and boring
>>
File: not knowing begins.jpg (50 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
not knowing begins.jpg
50 KB, 640x360
Who /rasmus/ here?
>>
>>324358347
LOL I WANNA SPRAY POOPOO ON PEOPLE FROM A POO TRUCK
>>
>>324362345
The people praising GTA4 are the ones that didn't bitch and complain about it. I've played every GTA except GTA1 London and I thought GTA4 played the best out of the entire series.

I liked the car physics and handling. I liked the way pedestrians and cops reacted to world. Sure the content was less than what we got in San Andreas but the way the game played was colossal improvement in just about every way
>>
GTA5 was way better than 4.

SA better than both.
>>
>>324362591
>objectively inferior
who fucking cares when it has NO effect on the actual content you play and aren't just fucking off doing nothing like an autistic person.
>>
>>324358085
I agree, braking for sharp turns and accelerating out of them is unrealistic. Braking instantly, even in semi trucks is very realistic, even though there's no need to ever brake, and crashing is basically unpunished in V. God you're dumb
>>
>>324362345
>he prefers the bikes in GTA V
>the bikes that handle like TRON light cycles

point at him and laugh
>>
File: 1418915534059.jpg (67 KB, 483x602) Image search: [Google]
1418915534059.jpg
67 KB, 483x602
Sorry but V is literally reddit: the game (so random xD edition). Anyone who thinks otherwise is a certified cuck and underage tourist.
>>
>>324360227
Fuckin A

Saints Row is the reason I hate GTA5. Why devolve the world complexity? The best game out of Saints Row in 4 and that only emphasized how utter shit the world complexity really is.
>>
>>324362854
>hes actually defending GTAIVS bike handling
>the base games was so bad they had to create an entire DLC centered around motorcycles to overhaul how fucking bad they were.
Never have I seen such contrarian opinions on this site and Ive been here forever.
>>
>>324362854
I strongly prefer Episodes of Liberty City bike handling than IV and V
>>
>>324361761
>in V police don't even exist in the world unless you break the law or are near a police station
Why has this become a meme when it isn't remotely true.
>>
>>324362964
Bike handling was fine. It was just a tad bit too easy to get knocked off your bike and that could be solved by not being awful at driving.
>>
>>324362812
>actual content
this is fucking GTA dude, you know, the series KNOWN FOR FUCKING OFF DOING NOTHING?
How fucking underage are you? 3 was one of the biggest PS2 games purely because you could fuck off. VC and SA only added on 3. Now you're the one calling me a retard because I want to spend time squishing people and starting fights?
>>
>>324362964
Yeah the bike handling was so bad they released a universally well recieved dlc all about it. Your a fucking retard
>>
>>324363246
they reworked the bike handling in that dlc, you blithering idiot
>your
lol
>>
>>324362964
>defending the fact that they had to overhaul the bikes because casuals couldn't GIT GUD
>>
>go to the Francis International Airport
>can't steal planes

>head to the Los Santos International Airport
>can boost huge airplanes

better than choking myself at the Burger Shot senpai
>>
i didn't needed the realistic touch from IV to enjoy San andreas and i still don't need that for gta V,
the fact IV was centered about realism made me want to do nothing at all, it felt way too realistic for me to go into rampage so i played the whole fucking game only doing missions and never fucked around because the map itself is terribly boring
, just 3 fucking island built on cements with slapped bridges altogether.
Realism doesn't equal more fun.
>>
>>324363293
Barely. They made it a bit harder to fall off and a little less sensitive overall. That's honestly about it.

You just suck
You're a fucking shitlord
>>
>>324363439
You are an idiot. Its even easier to die in GTA5. Rampages are more fun in GTA4 specifically for the physics, character interactions, and you're characters ability to take more punishment. Not to mention that the interiors of buildings like the hospital are prime for rampages
>>
>>324363437
this was probably the biggest disappointment in the whole game
>>
>>324361145
There was an option to disable auto aim in multiplayer, and most people used it.
>>
File: 234887962384923.png (181 KB, 291x268) Image search: [Google]
234887962384923.png
181 KB, 291x268
V should have just been Los Santos with more detail, because the fucking entire north side of the map is just so fucking empty
>>
>>324363439
Sounds like you're not only dumb, but in fact too stupid to have fun?? You need help friend.
>>
File: why.jpg (127 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
127 KB, 550x550
>>324341784
>Bought GTA IV and V on the winter sale
>win 8
>no more GFWL
>GTA IV doesn't load, i did everything i could, lost like 2 days to try to make it work, killed GFWL, killed social club, patched it, pirated it, etc
> Rockstar haven't patched it yet

> installed GTA V, it just works

GTA V >>>>> GTA IV

fite me
>>
>>324363668
Not to mention that IV had bigger explosions for moltovs, gernades, and RPGs.
>>
>>324347127
Just play Saints Row to see where Rockstar is heading.
>>
>>324364308
and you could actually survive them. GTA5 is instant death everywhere
>>
>>324363668
rampages are the best in GTA IV because of the physics

>taking cover around a corner in an alleyway
>cop coming full sprint down the alley towards me
>wait until hes a few meters away
>pop out of cover and shoot him in the foot
>he stumbles for ages them falls at my feet
>let him get up
>shoot him in the face at point blank range before he can do anything

good times
>>
>>324363668
so you just like to camp in a spot in between 4 walls and wait for the cops to get to you and kill them all in one doorstep, very fun
>>
>>324364486
Exactly. GTA4 was by far more fun just to fuck around in. I could actually play with the police during chases. In GTA5 they kill you in 5 seconds if you try to mess with them

GTA4 police are fun. GTA5 police are a pain in the ass
>>
>>324364601
If you aren't inventive. I would camp to get weapons and ammo in the hospital then fight my way out, steal a car, and escape the police. Using the world map you can see where the police are coming from and avoid them. Helicopters are annoying but you can get away from them with some skill
>>
>>324348269
Started with 3.
>>
>>324355330
GTA IV is gimped on every system, regardless of GPU/CPU. Shit port.
>>
>>324348269
started with 1 but didn't play Nodnol 69 or 2
>>
File: 1452416643329.jpg (57 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
1452416643329.jpg
57 KB, 500x501
>>324364262
>I prefer this game just because of the working DRM

What's wrong with you guys.
>>
I miss being surprised in GTA games. Hopping onto a random parked bike to find a time trial attached, getting in a taxi and discovering I can drive people around for dosh or climbing a fire escape in a back alley and jumping a few roofs to get a rare weapon or a kill frenzy mission.
GTA4 had none of that, you could play fucking android-tier minigames or shoot pigeons for absolutely no reward beyond some achievement on your scorecard. Saints Row is even worse in that regard as the side missions are actually the main focus, everything is marked on the map, and the few unmarked things are not worth looking for, so the city becomes an irrelevant backdrop for your shenanigans.

Are there any sandboxes left where exploration and curiosity is rewarded?
>>
The Rockstar shilling is real.

I genuinely have no idea how people enjoyed five so much. To me it's like comparing a glass of water to a shake. GTA 5 just blends together, and I can't remember a part of the game that really stood out. GTA 4 had character(believable character, not simplifying the real world and getting it wrong like 5 did) and the gameplay was silk and gold.
>>
>>324365165
I agree with this. I felt that GTA4 was lacking the side missions of past GTA's although you could steal cars for money online, date to get some booty, steal a police car and do vigilante missions, etc.

I honestly missed the kill frenzy missions in GTA4. I forgive for being such a technical leap over GTASA
>>
>>324365040
No, i prefer it because it runs under any operating system
>>
>>324365343
>and the gameplay was silk and gold

You mean a potato sack on ice.
>>
>>324341784
The funny thing is that the annoying calling thing from IV happens in GTAO
>>
>>324364262
GFWL is actually still up. Played IV this week it worked fine.
>>
>>324365471
You just can't drive. Go play Gran Turismo before you tell me GTA5's car handling isn't crap

The reality is casuals hate realistic handling. While GTA4 was exaggerated its a lot closer to reality than GTA5
>>
>>324341784
IV is better at some aspects and V is better at others.

I personally like IV more because I liked LC more than LS, but I can see why people'd like V more. You can customize a lot more things to V

The 3 player thing, and the heists missions are a major standout, not to mention how pretty it all looked. But I liked how weighty everything was in IV, from the animations to the driving. And I think the characters in IV are a bit more amusing and likeable than V.
>>
>>324353036
>>
>>324365673
>You just can't drive

I drive to work every day, I don't spin out of control at every corner.
Also people don't fold like wet rags when stepping off a curb.
>>
>>324365846
I forgot all about that newspaper.

>WIN SHIT
>>
>>324341784
bretty good video. how can i hold all this magic
>>
>>324365970
Like I said it was exaggerated so effect was more prominent. Still if you took corners are the speeds you drive at in GTA4 you would have issues turning fast enough in reality. The grip of the car would prevent you from turning fast enough making it even hard to stop from crashing.

Have you played Mafia 2? That how hard realistic handling actually is
>>
>>324349140
you've got to be the biggest autist i've ever seen

standard GTA V on PC looks 100x better than that shit you posted

>but muh ICEenhancer
fucking max par
>>
>>324357793
can faggots stop posting this retarded meme

>hurr durr, it has w8 n stuff, it's kewl cause realistic
realism faggots like you will never be considered, max fucking par on you
>>
File: yellow power.jpg (15 KB, 175x231) Image search: [Google]
yellow power.jpg
15 KB, 175x231
Other than the shitty music that was an interesting comparison.

But still dont like IV's driving.
>>
>>324363668
such a faggot like you don't have a say on shit, considering your terrible tastes

>>324359140
>being THIS retarded
>using meme cat faic
nice try, dipshit desperado

>>324362956
>best Saints Row
>4
nice one, you meme loving faggot
>>
File: 1414438900752.gif (1 MB, 217x217) Image search: [Google]
1414438900752.gif
1 MB, 217x217
>>324354236
>where it matters, like the driving

it's fucking hamazing people like driving in V. I guess most gamers are casual as shit
>>
>>324364262
I have 8.1 and it works fine on my machine :^)
>>
File: 1406201496537.jpg (81 KB, 827x755) Image search: [Google]
1406201496537.jpg
81 KB, 827x755
>>324365970
>I don't spin out of control at every corner

>being this bad a driving
>>
File: 1439821485226.jpg (33 KB, 453x500) Image search: [Google]
1439821485226.jpg
33 KB, 453x500
>>324362345
>GTA V and online gave us the fun back
>>
>>324362840
Sliding around like you're on black ice just moving lanes sure is realistic!
>>
>>324367448
git gud
>>
>>324367448
git gud
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.