[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was he right about Ocarina of Time being an overrated piece of shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 222
Thread images: 23
File: sequelitis.png (59 KB, 350x200) Image search: [Google]
sequelitis.png
59 KB, 350x200
Was he right about Ocarina of Time being an overrated piece of shit?
>>
Absolutely not
Very disappointing video since I quite liked his Megaman X one
>>
yes, he was

OoT is basically every normies answer then asked "whats ur fav game" and it's that way because people never shut the fuck about it

but you know, rose tinted goggles and all
>>
>>324259803
The point of that video wasn't to just say that Ocarina is overrated. He argued that Ocarina should not be considered the basis for what people consider "Zelda", but rather the first game on the NES.
>>
No. That video basically destroyed any credibility he got with the Megaman X video. Nigga don't know shit.
>>
How can you trust a highschool dropout who is so unbelievably inept at video games, despite playing them his whole life?

Arin is worse than DSP, for fucks sake. He's so incredibly shit.
>>
no,he is a massive cringe tier cuck, and thinks simons quest is better than castervania 4 because of muh items
>>
Ocarina of Time is my favourite game, but I haven't seen the video because I don't care about some YouTube personality's opinion on any video game.
>>
sometimes I look back at his newgrounds page and wonder what the fuck went wrong
>>
>>324260695
He at least managed to beat the Bloodborne DLC.
>>
>>324259803
>Arin "I can't play anything that has more than 2 dimensions" Hansen

Nah
>>
>>324260985
He mostly stood back and had other people win the fights for him.
>>
>>324261042
It's weird how his mind seems to just melt when trying to comprehend a 3D environment sometimes, he must have trouble getting around in the real world.
>>
>>324260978
As if his Newground page is any proof of accomplishment.
>>
File: BKZa3Gh.jpg (41 KB, 357x376) Image search: [Google]
BKZa3Gh.jpg
41 KB, 357x376
OoT and FF7 were revolutionary for their time

Saying their gameplay is bad in 201X is pretty redundant and honestly it's just clickbait material for underageb& who want to appear knowledgable about videogames
>>
>>324259803
you mean what i've been saying since 1999?
yeah

but i should be swimming in dosh from my fucking opinions being right and screaming them at people too
>>
File: 1443865826027.jpg (115 KB, 500x378) Image search: [Google]
1443865826027.jpg
115 KB, 500x378
Pretty sure the faggot said it was just overrated, not an overrated piece of shit.

it is overrated tho
>>
>>324261662

Overrated compared to what exactly?
>>
>>324261756
Many consider it to be the greatest game of all time. It gets a huge amount of praise it doesn't deserve. That's what overrated means.
>>
>>324262005
what praise doesnt it deserve
>>
It was hardly a videogame review at all, it was just 31 minutes of Arin trying to prove that he has severe ADHD
>>
>>324259803
It doesn't matter if he was or wasn't. It pissed it off fanboys and made him relevant again for like a month or so. Mission accomplished.
>>
I honestly enjoyed WW a lot more than OOT. Sue me but WW felt more like an adventure and I just don't "get" OOT. You get a bunch of upgrades but most of them are just used for puzzles and the game felt clunky enough to where getting them just wasn't enough carrot on a stick for me. Never seen any of his videos besides the megaman one though.
>>
>>324259803
Yes, but he's still wrong about everything else
>>
>>324260327
>OoT is basically every normies answer then asked "whats ur fav game"
nah, that would be TLoU
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRGxbQcunnU
His points could have come across better. These two pulled it of in song.
>>
>>324259803
>taking Arin seriously after seeing how horrible he is at video games

nah
>>
It's kind of overrated, but not for the reasons he states and it's not an awful game like he states. It's still good it's just not the game that should serve as 'the perfect one to measure other games by'
>>
>>324261367
My friends always got mad at me for peeking at their screens.

And your post is 100% correct.
>>
Yes.
>>
it's overrated, same as most zeldas, but not shitty
>>
>>324259803
>Was he right about Ocarina of Time being an overrated
Yes, but pretty much everything that is good and popular is overrated because people can't stop going on about it being the best thing ever.
>Was he right about Ocarina of Time being an overrated piece of shit?
No, it's still a good game
>>
His video basically came across as an ADHD riddled child. He's wrong as fuck
>>
>>324259803
Absolutely, but what bothered me is that he shat on Z-Targeting. It was legitimately necessary to have in the game otherwise it would be pointlessly difficult to hit anything with that controller setup. It's just like when people bitch about the Homing Attack in the Sonic Adventure games, it's a necessity given the speed you're moving at combined with the extra dimension of movement you've been given.

>>324262934
I've never once heard or seen someone say TLoU was their favorite game.
>>
>>324259803
Give me one reason why I should not only listen, but put any stock in the opinion of some inbred retard highschool dropout who got stuck on a windwaker puzzle, where all you ahd to do was press 2 buttons at once?
>>
File: 1447129013853.jpg (61 KB, 499x669) Image search: [Google]
1447129013853.jpg
61 KB, 499x669
>>324259803
I like ALTTP more and I think he was wrong about most of his criticism or at the very least over exaggerated how bad they made Ocarina of time.

The one thing he did bring up that is true is that 3D combat is shit, but this isn't just a problem with Ocarina it's a problem with 3D games in general and most devs inability or lack of effort in trying to make it work and yet feel real at the same time. Z Targeting, QTE and all these other handicaps are just a way of slapping the player and the devs with an easy way out. I know it's a meme to like souls combat but I feel it's the first game series in a long time to try and do actual 3D combat without handicaps
>>
>>324262005
The fact that CG got so advanced in the recent decade doesn't make older movies like Jurassic Park less praise-worthy nowadays, why would it work differently for video games?
>>
>Arin
>being right about anything

This is the guy who was barely able to comprehend fucking Wind Waker. He makes DSP look like a genius.
>>
OoT is overrated, but his points were stupid and could easily be thrown at the old games for the most part
>>
Does anyone have that video of him playing it?

It is in the death mountain dungeon and he can barely make it from platform to platform
>>
>>324264341
Z-Targeting is literally just lock-on, which all the Souls games have you faggot
>>
>>324262074
Stop being a jackass
>>
>>324264482
this, he's right about it being overrated but most of his arguments suck ass

i'm pretty sure he's even said he wished he'd done the video differently and that he's disappointed with it
>>
File: Chinraptor.jpg (136 KB, 848x463) Image search: [Google]
Chinraptor.jpg
136 KB, 848x463
>>324263954
But there's so much waiting!
>>
>>324264587
I'm aware of that you retard, the point is that it isn't as reliant on it.
>>
File: tumblr_nuqo5h8o4Z1sm6ju9o1_1280.png (245 KB, 630x357) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nuqo5h8o4Z1sm6ju9o1_1280.png
245 KB, 630x357
>>324264245
this desu familia
>>
You don't need him to tell you it's overrated. It's not a bad game by any means and most of his complaints were either sparse(You can't see the moving spikes, when you totally can) or hypocritical(let's evaluate YOUR childhood game but at the same time lets jerk off ALTTP)
>>
>>324264703
>the point is that it isn't as reliant on it.
Yes they are. The only time you don't is if there is a hoard of enemies you can easily kill with a swipe
>>
>>324264581
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf78wRVjWMw
>>
The whole Legend of Zelda series is an overrated piece of shit. Only few games are slightly good.
>>
>>324259803
>it is bad because there are animations for opening doors and chests

literally retarded
>>
>>324262074
Are you retarded
>>
>>324264863
Not the guy you replied to, but you can easily manage to fight without ever using lock on in Souls games.
>>
>>324264703
It is totally reliant on it. Your thinking of Monster Hunter which gives no fucks about lock on.
>>
>>324264628
>i'm pretty sure he's even said he wished he'd done the video differently a
>im pretty sure
>im full of shit but ill say it because im in /v/ and we are all retarded
>>
>>324265127
You can "manage" in OoT to the same extent without, which is you'll get by but it'll be a pain. No one but idiots would as they built the game around you using that
>>
>>324265151
i find lock on really useful in monster hunter but it's definitely not necessary if you have the circle pad pro
>>
>>324265127
That is only applicable for certain weapon types. It also falls apart when facing an enemy with a shield due to the need to circle strafe them.
>>
A lot of the complaints he made are valid criticisms, i just think he claims they affect the game more then they actually do.

OOT isn't flawless, it isnt the best game of all time, it isnt even the best Zelda. It's not even top 3. But its still a good game, especially for it's time.
>>
File: image.jpg (187 KB, 900x948) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
187 KB, 900x948
OoT may not be the GOAT in some respects compared to modern games, but it pretty much cemented its place in history the second it came out.
First, no game since OoT has had that "holy shit is this real" sort of innovatory power. Nintendo was in the right place at the right time and was able to take that spot as the first good 3D game. (No, your top-down static background turn based combat game doesn't count here in this field)
Second, it took that first place and took it really good. They didn't make no shitty game. It's a game with heart. For a decade after its release, arguably even today in some respects (emphasis on some), it can be a gold standard to compare other games with.

If people don't believe that a game has yet to come along that wowed them like OoT did, then that's their choice m8.
(Inb4 "only people whose first zelda was oot thinks it's the best," if you were old enough to have played lttp first you'd have been able to actually appreciate how crazy it was to play lttp-in-3d-but-better. The sect of "ocarina of time is overrated, lttp is better, babbies" shitflingers were always either just contrarians or born after OOT came out, so it wasn't anything special to them. I can promise you that nobody back in 1998 was thinking "I wish this was top-down sprites still")
>>
>>324264928
>Man the old games were great cause secrets
>WHY DOES THIS GAME WANT ME TO FIND A SONG I DON'T KNOW ABOUT
>>
>>324260327

It's more the 90s kids answer to their favorite game. Everyone else seems to be indifferent to it. OoT isnt' even the best 3D Zelda game.
>>
>>324265312
>You can "manage" in OoT to the same extent without, which is you'll get by but it'll be a pain.
Can't say I agree, there are actually some advantages to not using lock-on in Souls games where it's a damn-near necessity to use Z-Targeting.

>>324265328
>It also falls apart when facing an enemy with a shield due to the need to circle strafe them.
It's actually beneficial to not strafe around because it's much faster to regularly run or even sprint behind the enemy and do so without locking on.
>>
Why does everyone have this meme idea that navi constantly nags you with useless information? Only times she has to repeat anything is during cutscenes, In the overworld or whatever her dialogue is entirely optional and is only there to remind you incase you forget.
>>
>>324260752
>cuck

You people really have no idea what this word means
>>
name one game better than OoT
no game has perfected its genre as much as OoT
>>
>>324264928
Why is he so easily confused, especially by 3D games? Does he actually have ADHD or something?
>>
>>324263443
lol i remember when people thought you shouldn't be able to use info that's in front of you to win. that was a fun summer
>>
>>324265712
Tattle's chime was much much better than Hey Listen
actual voice acting is really weird in zelda games
>>
>>324265549
This
>>
>>324265712
I think it is something which spiralled out when everyone was trying to look nerdy. For the time Navi was quite pervasive so while not the most annoying thing ever it would be something people picked up on. This then escalates as people try to look cool especially if they were doing something on zelda (like an animation for newgrounds) and needed a joke from it to the point where that is some of the first exposure people had
>>
I hope I don't become like him, I mean I'm not talking about his opinion on things, I'm talking about people like him who were avid gamers as kids in previous eras and got to their 30's and became retarded when it comes to newer games, they're like a grandpa trying to figure out how facebook works. Just like my coworker who is 31 years old, has a PS3 and remembers games like Resident Evil fondly but has trouble beating TLoU.
>>
File: 1430452296840.png (119 KB, 290x220) Image search: [Google]
1430452296840.png
119 KB, 290x220
>>324265842
Majora's Mask
>>
>>324265712
It's a normie meme. Along with the water temple being difficult.
>>
>>324261334
Girlchan 1 and 2, MGA 2, uhhhh

well you gotta admit those were pretty good at least for a high schooler doing flash anims
>>
>>324265842
Bishi Bashi
>>
>>324265842
I dunno man it lost against Undertail in that pole
>>
>>324265889
Have I got a treat for you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp7f_nCKfFw

he can't even see button prompts on screen
>>
>>324260327
so
>stop liking what i don't like!
is your excuse?

it was a great game, one where nintendo pretty much made their "source" engine for zelda games, spent years making sure everything worked as best it could, and it was really something. i don't see why people want to hate on it and the water temple
>>
>>324265402
So it's just like having to go to the other end of the map in LttP if you didn't have the Zora flippers for the second dark world dungeon?
Wow, you'd almost think that he's a fucking hypocrite for shitting on this in Ocarina but not in LttP
>>
Yes, but not for the reasons he said.
>>
>>324265831
On one of Suzy's videos (a draw my life thingy I guess) she says how she broke up with Arin at some point to be with some other dude, and Arin write her letters even day for like a year to get her back, don't have source cause mobile but I'm sure you can find it easily enough . He's a literal, confirmed, by-the-book chuck.
>>
>>324265842
What genre is that exactly?
>>
>>324266004
hahaha no, I bet you never even played and only heard about it after the BEN shit

>>324266035
never heard of it, but it looks like shit

>>324266095
but undertale is a rpg
>>
>>324261367
I told everyone screen looking is not cheating
>>
>>324259803
It wasn't just because he was busy with other projects that it took him forever for this particular sequelitis to come out. It was because from it's inception he doubted what he was saying.

he was grasping.
>>
>>324266291
action-adventure
>>
>>324266140
I could understand this from a kid or someone new to video games, but he's been playing them for years, he even does it as his job. You would think he'd be better at it.
>>
OOT is overrated, I don't have to watch some fggt e-celeb to know that
>>
>>324262953
brental floss is fucking cancer.
>>
File: no_ty.png (5 KB, 278x259) Image search: [Google]
no_ty.png
5 KB, 278x259
>tfw I don't even know who/what that is in the OP
>tfw I don't understand why you would ever waste your time listening to someone elses shitty opinions
>when you could be playing videogames instead
>>
>>324265996
I think it's a memory thing, like the older you get you lose memory cells and literally get dumber. So you're always learning new things right anon? Using that brain? Tell me how are those Japanese lessons going?
>>
>>324266423
More than that, Zelda game are made with children in mind and get easier as time goes on
>>
>>324266292
>bullet hell real time dodging mechanics
>rpg
>>
File: Just e teensy bit mad.gif (1 MB, 250x208) Image search: [Google]
Just e teensy bit mad.gif
1 MB, 250x208
>>324266006
>Water temple being difficult
This meme has to fucking stop, For the first time entering it was confusing, But it was never ever difficult.
>>
>>324265549
>>324260327
Golden age nintendo fan here

in 1998 when I was 10 literally zelda and slipknot were my 2 favorite things

In middleschool peoples biggest thing they wanted was OOT

and pokemon was played for years in 2000 the whole school was trying to find missingno without the internet and everyone was talking about ways to get it but no one knew how to do it
People were saying you have to push cars you have to put the game in very slowly
Talk to all the gym leaders in different orders.

It was the golden era of nintendo because
EVERYONE WAS TALKING ABOUT NINTENDO.

I even went on a boyscouts trip and they snuck a n64 into the trip and they were playing golden eye n64
calling it the best shooting game ever made
right after watching beavis and butthead do america.

Those kids though were 14 and 15 years old and they were listening to grunge-pantera machinehead helmet fear factory

I grew up in the nu-metal era where in highschool slipknot KoRn mudvayne coal chamber kittie mushroomhead where all those bands were adored.
>>
>>324265842
Dark Souls
>>
Some of the points he makes are valid, those animations and looking around for a button to shoot were just ways to show off the flashy new 3D graphics which seems dated. This isn't a thing exclusive to that game though, it happened to every early 3D games back then, I remember the early PS1 games doing this, showing off their cool new 3D engine or how doing things ingame would make the controller vibrate. It did blow my mind as a kid though.
>>
>>324266502
>>tfw I don't understand why you would ever waste your time listening to someone elses shitty opinions
>>when you could be playing videogames instead

Its this thing call criticism. There are people who critique movies, music, games and other stuff. There's a big industry for reviewers and its been a thing for decades.
>>
>>324266006
>>324266572
Golden era nintendo fans did not have memes
a lot of the people during that era thought navi was annoying and the dungeon was hard
>>
>>324264935
nice meme
>>
>>324266572
>>324266006
It's cause they have got confused with the annoying stuff with the boots to mean hard
>>
>>324266684
This
Banjo Kazooie was amazing the first time you played it
Also
Gex
Crash
Croc
glover
every platformer was amazing for their time

I want platformers to come back in 2016
>>
>>324265246
Not him, but he really did say he hates the video "because people use it against him". He said it during their A Link Between Worlds Playthrough, which they never finished.
>>
>>324259803
>tfw he's ashamed of one of his best videos
I'll never understand him.
>>
>>324266752
And there is probably a bigger group of people who do not give a fuck about peoples opinions so watching a video criticizing something like is a shit idea.
>>
>>324265842
majoras mask
okami
>>
File: 1444074866523.gif (27 KB, 158x132) Image search: [Google]
1444074866523.gif
27 KB, 158x132
>>324266423
WAAH WAAH WINDWAKER IS SHIT WHY WONT IT LET ME PUT DOWN THIS STATUE WHY DO I HA VE TO THROW IT

>Massive buttonprompot in top right corner saying "put down"

This is why his opinion is worthless and anyone putting any value in it needs to be shot.
>>
>>324266653
Ok
>>
>>324266669
I would say Dark Souls is the modern zelda without exploration and super huge dungeons that neo nintendo refuses to make

I kind of wanted them to go down that path or a first person like chivalry style but nope
Not nintendo.
>>
>>324267085
>And there is probably a bigger group of people who do not give a fuck about peoples opinions so watching a video criticizing something like is a shit idea.

>Some people don't like something, so the whole thing is a waste of time

How old are you?
>>
File: 1378861444612.jpg (56 KB, 780x591) Image search: [Google]
1378861444612.jpg
56 KB, 780x591
>>324259803
Sort of. The problem is that his argument was coming from a place of just being shitty at the game. The controls are very manageable, and there's nothing wrong with the game's structure.

The big issues with Ocarina to me, and this goes back to when it came out, is that it's just sort of boring. It never felt like the grand adventure it was tagged as. Nothing feels like it has any weight. The music is tinny and largely pretty unimpresive. The enemies are easy and unnecessarily time-consuming to defeat, and the dungeon designs just lead to a lot of dead time where you're walking around, trying to find a solution but there's nothing to do in the mean time.

If you want to compare to LttP, the music is much stronger, both in composition and quality, the enemies are far more engaging and dangerous, and the dungeon designs, even when you get lost usually still put enough obstacles in your way that you don't feel like the game has come to a standstill.

I'm hard-pressed to call OoT a "piece of shit" considering the amount of content in the game and the fact that there's nothing seriously wrong with the playability of the game, but I've never been able to stick with it to the end because I just get bored.
>>
Back in the day, sure, it was great, and if you stopped playing video games when you grew out of the target age group, OoT would probably be one of the last great games you played. It is definitely something normies cite as the greatest simply because of universal appeal, you'd be a jaded vidya cynic to berate some normie for liking it. It doesn't hold up to games now though, and compared to how Zelda improved on the franchise from then on its the weakest 3D Zelda around.
>>
He comes off as someone trying to be a special snowflake, purposefully shitting on an objectively good game that everyone likes.

Some of his points are retarded, and some are valid, but the game is one of the best of all time simply because it's a better game than most other games out, even today.
>>
>>324259803
no, i liked it
>>
>>324266423
its the mentality of people that dont read anything in games. Games have gotten so dumbed down now you dont need any of the dialog to play the game. People are used to that type of dumbing down and even a game like wind waker is difficult for them to figure out.
>>
File: 1452973528506.jpg (36 KB, 355x461) Image search: [Google]
1452973528506.jpg
36 KB, 355x461
>>324267186
>okami
>can spam square throughout whole bossfights and not die
>"dungeons" so simple that Zelda's look like the most ever
No.
>>
>This is so boring having to wait for a chest to open with exciting music playing and anticipation as I wait

>Oh fuck yeah I get to backtrack to a chest this is the best thing ever!

There is no way he wrote that whole bit without seeing this and just saying fuck it
>>
>>324267275
Try me
I remember watching this all on tv as a youth.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR2QPvzffUo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7vlX8u-W7w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JZuGfZkLDU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDcS_0MtDPg
One of the first times I wacked off
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRfbPto-rHk
>>
>>324267348
sounds like you just dont like zelda.
>>
>>324267640
I don't, really. LttP is the only one that I've bothered to complete. I liked that one.
>>
>>324267348
Man, I felt like the biggest badass clearing the Fire Temple. I was doing it to save my buddies in the Goron city, trekking through the mountain to slay a fucking dragon, and when I did it, the world visibly changed to reflect me clearing the evil out of Death Mountain. I don't see how you can say there's no weight there. OoT is littered with stuff like that.
>>
>>324267303
I am not going to watch a bunch of youtube videos for no reason. I like to play games
Listen to music
And I am
>>324266653

Not watch videos of people bitch about games I like.
>>
File: 1445303809439.png (710 KB, 960x523) Image search: [Google]
1445303809439.png
710 KB, 960x523
A lot of his complaints were just random and it doesn't quite lead well into a comedic format when you're trying to take down a worshiped game.

Personally OoT sits somewhere in the middle of my Zelda favs. But I still think you better come up with a solid argument to take a game like this down rather then starting off with a shitty strawman. I actually don't even understand that keyboard warrior bit when IT'S JUST HIS OPINION GUYS and yet I will make fun of you for wanting to argue against it. There's only so much you can do to make fun of fanboys before you sound like something worse yourself.
>>
>>324266456
Maybe! But I love a capella and nothing you say can make me like it less!
>>
okay two questions

1. why do casuals/chicks love zelda so much

2. why does every zelda fan i meet irl turn out to have not beaten any of the games
>>
>>324260752
>thinks simons quest is better than castervania 4 because of muh items
Are you stupid? He made an entire video about how bad and annoying Castlevania 2 was. He believes that Castevania 2 is the worst in the series, which is true. He like Castevania 4, but his argument is the items are useless since your whip can do better than if not most, than all the items.
>>
>>324267461
If I hadn't heard him and Jon slightly get into it over OoT during their Sonic 06 playthrough I would swear he doesn't legitimately believe anything he said about it and was just clickbaiting
>>
>tfw going back to watch the first sequelitis and realizing that even back then he was presenting his opinions as fact
Remember when he compared the style of Castlevania that he likes to high-class dessert and the style he doesn't like to junk food?
>>
>>324268140
Aran seems like the kind of guy to have an opinion just to annoy people even if he knows he's wrong. Like if people acted how they do here
>>
>>324268039
The same reason girls "love" Mario. They played the game with their brother a little bit when they were kids.
>>
>>324266290
So a guy who wants to be back with his ex is a cuck? You're an idiot, cuck is when they're dating you moron.
>>
https://youtu.be/m0urgZfkyW8?t=8m10s
>Do you remember a clock recently?
>>
>>324259803
No because most of the reasons he gave were caused by his own autism
>"Opening a chest and having a 5 second build up scene is terrible, backtracking through a dungeon and opening a chest in link to the past was better"
>"You have to wait in combat to defeat enemies" *video clip of him only using a sword and never using any c-items*
>>
>>324259803
of course he was

also this>>324260413
>>
File: 1452537969875.png (304 KB, 477x477) Image search: [Google]
1452537969875.png
304 KB, 477x477
>>324259803
>Was he right about Ocarina of Time being an overrated piece of shit?
He didn't say that. But all of his criticisms were entirely valid. With exception to the "combat taking you out of the world" thing which is something I didn't feel when playing OoT.

But still. The combat in OoT is boring, designed around the idea of waiting and not actually being good (just like Souls games).
>>
>>324268797
just lookit all that waiting going on here. fukin unacceptable
www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGAz1C4D480
>>
>>324267601
I can see this, he's editing it, sees that he's kind of beinga hypocrite, but just wants to get the video out so he just hopes no one notices it
>>
File: 1419667211306.jpg (66 KB, 507x476) Image search: [Google]
1419667211306.jpg
66 KB, 507x476
>>324265842
Bloodborne
Okami
A Link to the Past
Majora's Mask
Dark Souls
Uncharted 2
>>
File: laughing whore.gif (2 MB, 245x207) Image search: [Google]
laughing whore.gif
2 MB, 245x207
>>324268964
Exceptions don't prove the rule, anon. OoT has good fights and well designed enemies, but they are by far not the majority.

Besides abusing a glitch is hardly how the game is intended to be played.

>mfw those comments though going "B-BUT OCARINA ISN'T WAITING HAHA MUH SKILL"
Have you had this bookmarked for a year?
>>
>>324266408
Uncharted 2
>>
>>324259803
most of his complaints boil down to " I don't like it so it's bad!"

guy's a fucking moron.

how does someone with such severe ADHD make such long videos about nothing?
>>
File: 1453019729790.jpg (161 KB, 1613x904) Image search: [Google]
1453019729790.jpg
161 KB, 1613x904
>>324266423
Them being bad at video games is the gimmick though. It's what makes these kinds of shows entertaining.
>>
>>324269356
>abusing a glitch
Fuck off, Arin.
>>
File: 1399248546787.jpg (18 KB, 385x299) Image search: [Google]
1399248546787.jpg
18 KB, 385x299
>>324266653
Sweet, dude
You pass. You're in the secret club now.
>>
File: 1453042155199.jpg (110 KB, 580x600) Image search: [Google]
1453042155199.jpg
110 KB, 580x600
>>324269509
>most of his complaints boil down to " I don't like it so it's bad!"
Why do we dislike him, again? Sounds just like /v/.
>>
>>324267601
waiting for cutscene to finish and actually making a trek back to a chest are not the same thing anon
especially when he showed you can open multiple chest in ALTTP in the time it takes Link to open 1 in OoT
>>
>>324269774
Are you saying he's merely pretending?
>>
>>324262425

I'm in the same boat. I still enjoy OoT and appreciate what it did for the industry but I don't understand why people think sequels built on better hardware by a more experienced dev team can't turn out better then its predecessor(s).
>>
>>324266653
>im a nintenyearold and a faggot: the post
>>
>>324269882
>are not the same thing anon
Yeah. One is a nice moment with good build up the other is backtracking through what you just did
>>
>>324269375
you're joking right?
>>
>>324269960
because they dont have nostalgia for it

OoT gets all the praise it gets 80% of the time because its the first 3D Zelda game and people were wowed by it
>>
>>324267604
I was at that ozzfest.
>>
>>324266752

There's no way in hell someone could possibly say that Egoraptor is a respectable critic though.
>>
>>324269907
No, I'm saying he's not trying. They're not paying attention or making attempts to git gud. He's legitimately playing that bad, but that's just because he's not seriously trying.

The worse they play the longer a let's play is, the more views they can get. And people always prefer watching people struggle with a game.

It's fun watching speedrunners who are incredible at a game, it's fun watching funny people who are terrible at a game. It's not fun watching somebody be average and "good" at a game.
>>
>egoraptor right
>>
>>324267604
Limp Bizkit was so shit live.
>>
>>324270190
>hur duh its a sony game so it cant be good

>hurduh its a tps shooter so it cant be good

>hurduh its a cinematic experience so it cant be good

ok which one are you?
>>
>>324269262
rpg
level design is terrible
3D>2D
just no
rpg
bland piece of shit, why did you bring that even up
>>
>>324270193
and the useful items, music, and interesting scenery for the time period.
>>
File: BRXklD-CIAA_quU.jpg (55 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
BRXklD-CIAA_quU.jpg
55 KB, 600x800
>>324269828
>3) Use the Power Crouch glitch. In Ocarina of Time, crouch stabs do the same amount of damage as the last "slashing" attack you just did. (for example, if I jump slash with the biggoron sword and switch to my master sword and crouch stab, each crouch stab is as powerful as a biggoron jumpslash). This works as a child too, of course.
The video uploader literally admits to abusing a glitch. No fault in that, it's just not indicative of the game design.
Upload a video of you beating some Stalfos just as quick without using the power crouch glitch once, anon.
>>
>>324270000
>talks about how important was nintendo to kids in the past
>Y-YOU ARE A FANBOY!
you are not worth those quads
>>
>>324270381
I'm the one who wants naughty dog to go back to jak and daxter
you know, games with good gameplay?
>>
>>324270281
>It's not fun watching somebody be average and "good" at a game.
It can be if they have interesting things to say about the game.
>>
>>324270504
I was a nintendo fan boy growing up too, but I can also see their faults and dont think they are all that great
>>
>>324270396
>just no
But it has.
>>
>>324270539
Uncharted also has good gameplay, you just dont like that type of gameplay, but I too would like to see another Jak and Daxter game, even though I have loved everything ND has developed Crash and present
>>
>>324270662
the point isn't how great they are, the point is how important they were when they came out in the past
OoT isn't a the best Zelda like everyone says but it was revolutionary for 3D when it came out
that's the point
>>
>>324270884
look I'm not feeling like doing this meme right now ok? I want an actual serious discussion
>>
>>324270396
>rpg
doesnt matter you said a better game than OoT

>level design is terrible
opinion discarded

>3D>2D
for Zelda 2D is better

>just no
shot taste

>rpg
doesnt matter you said a better game than OoT

>bland piece of shit, why did you bring that even up
wow you really do have shit taste
>>
>>324265620
Dark Link fight in OoT requires you to not lock on him.
>>
>>324271123
>I want an actual serious discussion
You mean something with serious and thoughtful arguments like
>just no
>>
>>324270973
let me guess, is it because it invented z-targeting? a feature that was bound to be invented at somepoint but Nintendo just did it first?
>>
>>324266653
Cool blog.
>>
>>324270396
>>3D>2D
opinion discarded
>>
>>324271349
>a feature that was bound to be invented at somepoint but X just did it first?
You could say this about almost anything.
>>
no, and any faggot who calls OOT overrated never gives an example of a better game in the same genre
>>
>>324271594
exactly
>>
>>324271653
Majora's Mask
Wind Waker
Zelda 1
A Link to the Past
>>
>>324266684
3D was a puzzle itself. First boss in the game requires you to look up. People to this day get stuck on that.

OoT is getting shitted on because people are dumb as fuck to figure out simple tasks. "The game doesn't handhold you, so is bad!" (Arin with the spike things, for example).
>>
>>324271775
Debatable
No
No
Sure
>>
>taking this guy seriously
his fucking work is to play videogames and he is terrible at them
he even complained about having to wait when opening chests, this literally proves that he has ADHD
he even missed the commands buttons in WW, what a fucking joke of a person
>>
>>324271828
>"The game doesn't handhold you, so is bad!"
this is the dumbest counter argument since he loves the fist Zelda, a game with no information given to you
OoT holds you hand all the time by having the game stop and tell you what to do and where to go, Navi is there to hold your hand
>>
>>324271775
MM was slightly better, WW had a better over-world, but worse dungeons. but ww and mm are the closest you;ll get to a better game. at least you arent one of those fags who thinks darksouls or FF7 is better than OOT
>>
>>324268039
1. Husbando faggotry
2. Its popular.
>>
Yes.

It's not a piece of shit though. It's still a great game. But most of Arin's complaints are completely valid.
>>
>>324272125
>his fucking work is to play videogames and he is terrible at them
at some, which all of are, but he plays classic mega man and bloodborne just fine

>he even complained about having to wait when opening chests, this literally proves that he has ADHD
the chest cutscene is annoying because its not needed, im fine with cutscenes but we dont need one every time he opens a box

>he even missed the commands buttons in WW, what a fucking joke of a person
something that can be missed when you are trying to focus on the game, while also talking to another guy in the room while also trying to be funny, little things can be missed
>>
>>324272161
Navi is there to point you in the right direction, Fi is there to hold your hand. And if Navi wasn't there, Arin would just bitch and moan that he doesn't know where to go.
>>
>>324259803
>Was he right about Ocarina of Time being overrated
Yes. But not for 25 minutes of wrong arguments he voiced and 5 minutes of Skyward Sword review apparently.

Does it mean OoT is a piece of shit? No.
>>
>>324272440
>bloodborne just fine
>>324268413
>>
>people give any attention to this guy after he streamed himself playing it like a retard
>>
>>324260752

what the fuck, he straight up hates castlevania 2

He thinks castlevania 4 is okay and the mechanics/controls felt good, it just had some major design flaws
>>
>>324272773
Try watching Mario 64. Or Sonic Adventure. Or "insert 3D game".
>>
>>324259803
OoT was the first 3D action adventure game that didn't feel like a sloppy mess of failed mechanics on top of being generally well designed from gameplay to story.

It isn't perfect, but it's harder to think of better games. That is its claim to fame.
>>
>>324260327
Sorry man you had to be there to understand what oot was like.sucks you were born to young to enjoy It.

People don't appreciate the jump from 2d to 3d gaming seeing as we're all spoilt with meme games now. Oot was mind blowing for its time and just like cocaine you never forget your first experience.
>>
>>324265842
Dorf Fort, Nethack.
>>
>>324272626
one moment in episode 98 out of 109
>>
>>324260752
He outright hates Simon's Quest and never said Castlevania 4 is a bad game. He just pointed out that whip kind of makes items obsolete.
>>
>>324272992
bloodborne
>>
>>324272992
sonic adventure and mario 64 are pretty bad
>>
File: reddit-logo.png (40 KB, 296x406) Image search: [Google]
reddit-logo.png
40 KB, 296x406
>>324260327
>normies
>>
>>324273459
I still like them.
>>
>>324273459
Even if you think they are it doesn't justify how bad Arin is at them.
>>
>>324265321
I came into this thread to say you're a child. Monster hunter was a series DEFINED by lack of lock-on until...I think 3U allowed you to press L to shift camera focus as a pseudo "lock on?" Anyway, the most RECENT one. And eve then, it's not a lock-on.

Never heard of the claw? Never seen the meme the images of "where's the lock-on? Why's my weapon so slow? Why can't I see monster HP?"

You want a game with the 3D combat being talked about, you go for Monster Hunter.
>>
>>324259803
>/v/ hates based Arin all of a sudden

What the fuck happened? He's completely right on this.
>>
>>324273821
>all of a sudden
Shit meme desu.
>>
Ocarina of Time is overrated, but not because he said so. It's overrated, because while it was the Zelda title to breakout into a new dimension and influenced other games that followed, it ultimately killed Zelda's potential for something new(Twilight Princess). People wanted a realistic Zelda and clamored Ocarina to be that, when it was just a fantasy style, which while it was realistic in a sense, wasn't REALISTIC.

Short version, Ocarina's popularity hamstrung Zelda and its fans. Wind Waker was rushed, but it has yet to be topped as far as console Zeldas go.
>>
>>324259803
That's not what he was saying, but he was somewhat correct mainly his point about the waiting thing
>>
>>324259803
I think OoT is the most obnoxious, irritating game to play, but I think pretty much all of his points were bull shit.
>>
>>324270396
Get a load of this faggot
>>
>>324266290
>broke up
>not cheating

No cuck here
>>
>>324266140
I lasted all of 5 seconds before shutting this off
>>
>>324259803
Yes. He's correct for the most part.

Ocarina was a product of its time. Back when it was relevant, it deserved all of the praise. But it aged horribly and the Zelda series has been hamstrung by horrible combat ever since.

Z-Targeting is the remains of a god-awful controller. This is why Twilight Princess for the Wii was one of the worst entries in the series.

I'll still argue that 3D Zeldas have some of the most unsatisfying movement and combat in any popular series.
>>
>>324266290
You have no idea what the term means you fucking autist.
>>
>>324259803
This guy does a much better video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o908SWJ8ulc
>>
>>324259803
>Literally used the "You only like it because you played it when you were a kid!" argument while defending a game he played when he was a kid
>>
It hasn't aged as well as I'd like, but I'd argue that games like Final Fantasy VII have aged much worse.
>>
>>324274648
>n64 controller was bad meme

how's it feel to be too young to have ever felt the feel of a brand new N64 control stick
>>
>>324265842
Silent Hill 1, 2, and 3 all blow OOT out of the water. So does Demon's Souls.
>>
>>324266653
>Golden age
lol
>>
>>324264383

Because CG was just a portion of what made those years so revolutionary, since then there have been huge overall improvements in gameplay, interface design, fucking voice acting etc.

There's a reason there's not a agreed upon "Citizen Kane" of vidya. Not to mention that film has 50+ years on interactive media
Thread replies: 222
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.