[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 228
Thread images: 26
File: realm5.jpg (329 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
realm5.jpg
329 KB, 1600x900
What went wrong?
>>
>>324233502

Nothing - it's a lot of fun
>>
Not enough lewd outfits
>>
It's probably the most sterile, calculated "MMO" experience you can have. You don't feel like you're in a world full of adventurers and there is no sense of individuality. You feel like you're just going through the MMO motions and jumping through the exact same repetitive hurdles as everyone else to achieve the exact same outcome. The world doesn't even feel like a world at all, just a bunch of connected corridors. The combat also feels like you're controlling one of those vehicles from WoW. It doesn't feel like combat at all.
>>
Zero attempts at trying to be its own game.
>>
>>324233502
>No class customization, every character is a carbon copy of another on of the same class with same rotation, skills and gear.
>>
it was ok playing this with a buddy but nothing special.I'd hate to imagine how boring it is playing solo
>>
File: 1448981170730.png (653 KB, 680x686) Image search: [Google]
1448981170730.png
653 KB, 680x686
>>324233502
Two MMORPGs later and STILL no playable Moogle races.
>>
File: prease rook forwardo to it.jpg (54 KB, 620x320) Image search: [Google]
prease rook forwardo to it.jpg
54 KB, 620x320
No one picked up on the fact that he's a one trick pony sooner.
>>
>>324233502
Boring cookie cutter fetch quests
Forced single player in a subscription based MMO
Homogenized classes and combat
Tab target
Zero real customization of jobs and gear (soon any remnants to be absolutely gone come 3.2)
Single path corridor dungeons with almost all of them with the same formula
Rehashed boss fights
Poor implementation of any lore or world building in-game
Reused mechanics, but slightly change them without any logic behind it so players can figure it out without blind trial and error (Divebombs [seriously they could have simple changed the colors of the markers to red and yellow for t9 and t13 and it would have made a shitload of sense])
>>
>>324233502
Nothing in particular. It has actually been quite successful considering its developmental origin story and that most sub-based MMOs post-WoW tank real hard within a month or two.
>>
>>324234464
He did most of the design on DQX and that MMO looks to be more fun than ARR's current state.
He probably burnt all his creativity on DQX
>>
>>324234482
I don't mind reused icons in raids, but the discrepancies as to when it snapshots your position for the mechanic is the worst.
>>
>>324234520
>and that MMO looks to be more fun
Because the grass is greener on the other side. I'm sure you thought ARR looked fun when you first started playing.
>>
Nothing was wrong until Heavensward murdered midcore audience. You're either a shitter or you have to be top percentile FFlogs player otherwise no group would be confident enough to take you into what passes for the main raid these days. Same with crafting. Even casuals could omnicraft if they wanted, not anymore though, hope you like trade-ins instead of actually selling stuff to players! No multiplayer experience needed!

And then 3.1 exposed that they still have absolutely no idea and that all successes of ARR were probably a fluke.
>>
>>324234482
>Dive bomb icon in Void Ark
>Think the boss is going to do something that Twintania does
>Instead it does the same mechanic as a boss from the keeper of the lake

Why teach players that a dive bomb icon means something is going to charge at you and cause knock back and then completely change your own games rules?

Plus all those different stack together icons. The one in 3.1 should have been in the game from the start.
>>
File: concerned law.png (317 KB, 470x640) Image search: [Google]
concerned law.png
317 KB, 470x640
>>324233502
>they removed the original character models and animations for no reason
>dumbed things down so badly that even with the combination of stat distribution, armoury system, equipment, and materia, the game still has zero build variety
>"all roads lead to raiding" endgame
>pvp has zero potential to be endgame since there's no build variety
>you can play a fighting game character in more ways compared to a whole job/class in XIV
>>
>>324235103
>>324234482
>muh icons
Literal autism.
>>
>>324235360
It's called bad game design, Yoshida.
>>
>>324235103
PS3limitations. All visual icons and screen effects (re: chains in Sastasha HM) have a limited space in their own memory budget.

It's why there's so much recycling of them. The devs call them omens at any rate.
>>
>>324235430
>PS3limitations
Always the answer to everything. Please drop PS3 support already.
>>
File: Yoshid.jpg (37 KB, 440x400) Image search: [Google]
Yoshid.jpg
37 KB, 440x400
>>324235521
Doesn't help that you need an SSD on PS3 to have the custom icons/aoe animations to display in time to react with a decent window.

It's the reason the second safe divebomb spot in Turn 5 was dubbed the PS3 corner.
>>
>horrible fight scenes
>predictable patch contents
>new glamours are just recolors of past gear
>end game gears and gear levels were horribly implemented and or scheduled
>savage raid gear lost its point upon the release of diadem gear
>alexander story can be seen upon the completion of its casual version making its savage version lose its appeal
>Newest PVP map is Luck based depending on the position of the next tower
list goes on
>>
File: 1452159027115.gif (1 MB, 500x347) Image search: [Google]
1452159027115.gif
1 MB, 500x347
>>324234520
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiT9cBlzu8Y

CREATIVITY
>>
File: 1393440023894.png (9 KB, 419x329) Image search: [Google]
1393440023894.png
9 KB, 419x329
Am I the only one here who hates MMOs that let you be every class with one character?
>>
>>324236193
I'm getting some FFXI vibes here.
>>
>>324236252
I like the idea of that, just not in the way that FFXIV implemented it. If they allowed more cross-class abilities I'd probably like it. Games such as Darkfall and Mortal Online were pretty based interpretations of it though.
>>
>>324236252
I don't care for it either, it just takes away even more of the individuality of your character.
>>
>>324234356
>there will NEVER EVER be Ivalice Online

Why live
>>
>>324236138
>horrible fight scenes
lolwhat
>predictable patch contents
Well every time they tried something new it was shit
>new glamours are just recolors of past gear
Factually wrong, only leveling gear were recolors
>end game gears and gear levels were horribly implemented and or scheduled
Actually gear is uncountable
>savage raid gear lost its point upon the release of diadem gear
Very few actually farmed Diadem for 210 and very rarely was it superior to normal gear, furthermore if you're raiding for gear rather than the fun of it, you're doing it wrong
>alexander story can be seen upon the completion of its casual version making its savage version lose its appeal
Implying people even watch the story in this game
>Newest PVP map is Luck based depending on the position of the next tower
Git gud
>>
>>324236419
Matsuno wouldn't be involved so it's be a disappointment anyways.
>>
I think the game is pretty good.

No one on /v/ will agree with me though.
>>
File: AlexanderFFXIV.jpg (335 KB, 2000x1125) Image search: [Google]
AlexanderFFXIV.jpg
335 KB, 2000x1125
How'd they fuck up my favorite FF summon? He doesn't even do anything other than suck up aether, we're also just told he's dangerous just because the game says he is.

Doesn't even demonstrate his power like we do in a game like FFIX, just sits there in a fucking late trying to crawl out. Hell he's pretty much Alexander in name only, he's just a fortress for the comic relief beast race.
>>
>>324236534
>implying

Literally every autist on this board agrees with you, anon.
>>
>>324236613
meant to say like he does.
>>
>>324236449
I have never ever heard of anybody playing Alex Savage for 'fun'.
>>
Pretty much everything.
You're better off playing shitty WoW even.
>>
>>324236363
They should have included combo related actions to the armoury system. But instead they made 100% sure everyone will have to pick the same skills as everyone else.
>>
>>324236613
Namecheck for nostalgia.
>>
>>324236252
It's a easy way to deal with the lack of healers and tanks. DPS is an easy thing to play so most people play that. Give them an option to just have their DPS also tank or heal and you will see more healers and tanks in the world.
>>
>Main Dragoon
>Get to 60
>Realize doing same moves all the time every dungeon, every raid, every trial
>never changing

Why is this allowed?
I guess healing classes are better for variety in combat since you're stuck to one rotation. I don't know it feels very Un-Final Fantasy because in previous games what commands you used had an impact on the battle.
>>
>>324233502

Current endgame content consists of dps checks for boss fights. Its so boring I can't justify continuing to pay a sub to wake up to my dragon waifu.
>>
>>324236952
>DPS is an easy thing to play so most people play that.
Most of the time tanking and healing is much easier in this game, it's just that DPS little responsibility/feedback. But I can see your faggot ass doing 500 DPS in i200+ so clearly it's not THAT easy.
>>
>>324237047
> I don't know it feels very Un-Final Fantasy because in previous games what commands you used had an impact on the battle.

Attack
Attack
Attack
Attack
[Elemental spell the boss is visibly weak to]
Cure
Attack
Attack

You're right, SP FFs had SO much variety!
>>
>>324233502
Invisible walls everywhere.
Sleep inducing leveling content (even the Dungeons are pushovers).
Combat lacks anything new and is slow.
Loads of generic, uninteresting story segments.
Endgame didn't have much to offer.
>>
>>324238256

The current 'problem' with role difficulty in this game is you can easily tell that most of the skilled players who you tackled new content with in the first four weeks stopped playing at some point, because its also painfully easily to tell when someone is clearly not doing their job.

>tanks who don't know how to pick up new adds, kite, or into positioning in general
>healers who don't dps, crowd control, or don't move around a boss arena in general
>dps who don't switch off on adds, do positionals, or generally do something other than their optimal rotation
>>
>>324238334
>Cast Double on BLM
>Cast reflect on whole party
>Have BLM use bosses elemental weakness on party

So good.
>>
>>324236613
The stupid raid story is gonna end in cheese and I fucking know it. And people will praise Yoshi for le epic humor.
>>
File: 1447593551659.png (354 KB, 520x600) Image search: [Google]
1447593551659.png
354 KB, 520x600
Why are there like, no cosmetics?

I play PSO2 and I can focus on leveling and stuff, progressing n' all. In FFXIV I LOVE the actual gameplay, but it feels like there's nothing other than that. I want some cosmetics, man. I like to play dress-up.

Who femroe? Lalafells are so cute. I just want to love on them.
>>
>>324238740
Yoshida doesn't write the story But yes I see what you mean and I expect it too.
>>
>>324236613
you'll fight him as the final boss of the raid series

you didn't fight Bahamut in T5
>>
>>324238804

>play FFXIV
>complain about lack of cosmetics

Are you fucking serious? Either you're lazy or you're on a dead server because every hour is cosplay hour on a busy server (that hasn't died yet).
>>
>>324238907
Not talking about fighting him
Just saying we knew how powerful bahamut was but Alexander has just been asleep for ages.

If he does wake up it better be impressive.
>>
>>324238804
The fuck are you talking about? 50% of XIV's budget is wasted on new/revamped armor models every content update.
>>
File: neet.jpg (616 KB, 1000x793) Image search: [Google]
neet.jpg
616 KB, 1000x793
>>324238917
The amount of cosmetics seems severely lacking compared to PSO2, but maybe I haven't played enough. I'll keep looking, thanks mister hostile anon.
>>
>>324239017

Well to be fair, cosmetics are oftentimes tied to seasonal events. So if you miss them, you have to wait a whole year or buy them from the real money shop.
>>
>>324233502
no new Hildy quest yet
>>
>>324239017
Isn't half of PSO2's "cosmetics" just texture reskins and cash-shop licensed stuff?
>>
>>324233502

Dogshit awful alt class leveling scheme.
Dogshit awful pointless endgame.
Dogshit awful professions that Square basically does not give a shit about if you bot to level up.
Dogshit awful 2 sec GCD that scares people away.
>>
>>324236613
Here's an example of a real Alexander.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cLrxOvVZD4
>>
>>324233712
this
>>
File: ffxiv_14012016_054359.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_14012016_054359.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Too many gay players.
>>
>>324239256
I wouldn't mind the 2s GCD as much if the netcode wasn't so shit where losing a packet on hitting a GCD usually takes a full second to resolve itself.
>>
>>324239184
Not at all. You can get all of PSO2's cosmetics pretty easily from player shops if you know how to make meseta well, a lot of them are actual new models rather than texture reskins.
>>
I forgot to cancel my subscription
>>
>>324233502
An awful, washed out color pallete for skin tones. Biggest turn off in a game I'd probably binge play if I had friends.
>>
File: 2015-09-28_00003.jpg (122 KB, 1360x720) Image search: [Google]
2015-09-28_00003.jpg
122 KB, 1360x720
>>324239894
Rude
>>
File: 310175747.gif (912 KB, 240x176) Image search: [Google]
310175747.gif
912 KB, 240x176
No mod support and a dead mod scene (I'm looking at you, lazy neko-sentai.)

>want to be secretly lewd lalafell
>attempt to use cheat engine to make client-side wardrobe modifications
>technically able to "equip" anything but the server checks to see if your item is legit before displaying it on your in-game character

Fuck everything.
>>
>>324240864
Your outward appearance is separate from the equipment.

That said there's already lewd mods, they're just a pain because of the game using packed files, and because it screws with the integrity check on updates.
>>
File: ReShade + SweetFX.png (3 MB, 1911x1146) Image search: [Google]
ReShade + SweetFX.png
3 MB, 1911x1146
>>324240864
What about very slight graphical changes?

>>324241101
>lewd mods
i bet it looks pretty bad considering the odd amount of vertices around the chest and other curves
>>
>>324236613
gonna act like first coil wasnt nearly as boring?

give it time son. coil had all of 1.0 to fallback on, alex is completely new.
>>
>>324241101

Any other lewd mods besides the naughty patch? I'd rather run around in my underwear than buck naked.
>>
>>324233502
The fanbase is a bunch of delusional recruiters that swear the game is both worth a shit and super populated when really it's neither. the grind to the top is easy but fucking generic and boring, the endgame isn't anything remarkable, it has a subscription when you can otherwise find shit generic fantasy mmos for free (see rift or tera), it's still mostly rotation based, the setting is just boring, I swear every other week is some new gay lightning inspired event, lots of quests lead into really shitty text based cutscenes and the game itself costs money.
>>
>>324241576
It's the typical case of "my first mmo" for a lot of folks. Shit is new for someone who never delved in the genre, and therefore think it's magical shit despite it being rather run of the mill for MMOs.
>>
>>324233502

SE just doing business as usual.
>>
>>324233502
SE are yet to realize that the main draws for this game are the dungeons and trials.

They have fucking amazing dungeons like Hullbreaker, Snowcloack, Aurum Vale, Haukke Manor and more, but they're all locked to low level.

If SE took those dungeons, beefed up the numbers to the same level as Arboretum and stuck some music behind them, i'd be a lot happier. Give each dungeon some cosmetic loot and the same tomestones as the two expert ones and people would flock to them. There is no reason why I should be grinding 2 dungeons per patch when they're sitting on a wealth of them that are stuck as irrelevant content.

I'm not asking for extreme versions, just take what you have and keep it relevant
>>
>>324241295
See for yourself
http://imgur.com/a/O4CQJ
http://imgur.com/a/knVDJ
http://imgur.com/a/OQb57
http://imgur.com/a/Y0Z1S
>>
it was the same as 2.0, but with even less shit to do
and the patches after release have barely added jack fucking shit besides Alexander.
>>
>>324243838
Low level had tons of bad dungeons too. Noticed most of the bad ones are set in a cave/dungeon sorta place.
>>
>>324238985
>Implying summoned Primals accurately represent their legends

This is what the fucking Gobbies expected Alexander to be. It's a wonder it works at all.
>>
>>324244723
I don't really remember much but wasn't Alexander always there and they just reactivated him?
>>
>>324243838
MMOs have a massive problem with asset wastage in general.

People complain about Lord of Verminion, but it's still going to be there and playable 2 years later if you so choose to do so.

Think about the amount of effort that goes into making a dungeon that lasts for 3 months before it gets relegated to roulette and undersized status. It's a colossal waste of development time every patch.

I like most of the dungeon hardmodes for that reason, they're a good way to both advance the story (you get to see what happened to the dungeon in the future) and reuse old environment assets.
>>
>>324244179
Well it could be worse.
The shading around those parts are as i expected. I was more worried about how silly it would look with max size chest since the mesh implies the chest is being supported/raised by the undergarments which would result in gravity defying edgy tiddies.
Though i don't even play the game anymore, so i really shouldn't care all that much anyway.
>>
>>324236373
you dont remember or werent around for times when achievements and progress was locked per character so you had to do everything 5x 7x for the amount of characters you had
and good luck when shit like wow would nerf your one class to the ground and make it unplayable as fuck like paladin was for over a year, literally impossible to play endgame

or shit like the mage being completely fucking useless endgame for 8-12 months straight
>>
>>324233502
>gated content
>weekly limits on dungeons and currency
>rehashed content each update
>difficulty range from brain-dead or artificial
>toxic community

Pick all.
>>
>>324246474
ffxiv community is anything but toxic
its like one of the best friendliest communities ever and always amazingly helpful and suppportive

maybe if youre gonna shitpost a game like a hipster you should actually play it beforehand,
>>
When are we going to get "A Realm Re:Reborn"?
>>
>>324245214
There was an original attempt to build an Alexander as a mobile utopia fortress. Gobbies summoned it as a mobile oppression palace.
>>
>>324246274
I wish FFXIV's achievements were account wide though. I can't use spats from the moonlight event on any character except my main unless I give SE more shekles. At least they all get free Twintanias.
>>
ESO or This one?
>>
>>324246552
And maybe you should fucking think that someone might actually play it and STILL think that before assuming someone is shitposting.

The community is toxic and entirely without skill. The elitists sit in their little cliques and refuse to further the community and the game isn't good enough to teach the normal, casual players to play well enough to do "harder" content.
>>
>>324233993
I actually enjoy this. It feels very "meta" due to that. It's probably a 6/10 at best, but I don't mind shelling out $12/month to only play maybe 3-5 hours a week
>>
>>324233502
ive been off and on player for year+ and love the game but this is whats wrong with it :

>all servers located in canada, incredibly laggy especially during boss fights where you die/wipe group due to lag and if you arent 3-4 seconds beforehand out of the way of the attack, you will be registered as hit
>no ui addons, terrible ui, managing information is a huge tedious chore, when could be surfaced easily via mods and auction house is a fucking hour long chore sorting your items on sale
>too much focus on raiding, when only like 1% of actual playerbase raids way too much development time wasted catering to the tryhard shitters who just quit the game after beating the raid in the first 2 weeks
>cash shop in a subscription based mmo
>crafting system is a fucking abomination and requires omnicraft for even the simplest recipes, literally impossible to just be 1 craft profession

if they fixed the server infrastructure, enabled ui addons for PC, improved crafting so you can just focus 1 profession and started focusing on providing meaningful post-60 content that wasnt just rehashing raids/ rehashing boss fight in 9 different difficulty modes, we'd have a great mmo

oh also, the combat is dog shit, and class design is copying wow with the most generic boring classes imaginable

this game needs like 2-3 years before it reaches its prime and we shed the bullshit delusions of grandeur the dev team have, stop attempting to cater to esports with your pvp systems, actually put out some fucking new maps for it, stop catering to the tryhard 1% raiders , focus on giving story, improving classes, improving the core aspects of the game
>>
>>324246946
ffxiv has way more content and way more enjoyable

ESO was boring as shit to play

deciding factor would be if you enjoy solo play more probably should play eso, if you enjoy grouping/ dungeons/ want wow 2.0 play ffxiv
>>
>Quest Accepted: Kill 3 bird monsters
>But wait, the Lalafell in the village has been looking after these birds
>He proposes a deal, and offers the player 1000 gil at the loss of failing the quest and losing out on experience to leave the birds alone
>Killing the birds instead reveals a nest one was protecting
>Taking the egg will either have the player sell it for a high price or perhaps incubate it
>Leaving the egg there will cause a unique fight between yourself and the lalafell when it hatches, earning you some gear but being banished from the nearby town

That's how you do a "Kill x of y" quest.

I should fucking make MMOs. Hire me Square.
>>
>>324247109
>Focus on story

I wish there were more lore related quests.
>>
>>324236193
i cant even tell whats hapening.
is it a boss? is it pvp?
the fuck
>>
>>324246552
>ffxiv community is anything but toxic
Surely you jest. It's toxic from top to bottom.

Shitters: "It's my 13$ a month so don't tell me how to play! I don't care I'm making everybody waste their time by playing at 20% capacity!"
Midcore: "Pls no tomestone bonus. Carry me!"
Top: "LF BRD please be top percentile on FFlogs :)"

Also there's SO MUCH petty highschool drama in the progression community it's horrifying. And if you think it's limited to NA servers, think again.
>>
>>324233502
They kept the game the exact same for years, they released an expansion that was the size of a WoW patch.
>>
Why didnt they use Ivalice as the setting?
>>
>>324249138
Ivalice isn't interesting.
>>
>>324247109
>too much focus on raiding, when only like 1% of actual playerbase raids
but anon all the raiders got was alex, which you and the rest of the bottom feeders got to enjoy in normal mode, story and gear as well you got.

the raiders arent geting shit in this game.
>>
>>324249275
I don't want interesting. I just want escapism.
>>
>>324249275
That's funny shit, nigga.
>>
>>324249138
Nobody cares enough about Viera
>>
>>324249420
Everybody else got Lords of Verminion.

WHAT A HIT.
>>
>>324249821
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQvVKJYuqEA
>>
>>324249821
>shitter:
>4 dungeons
>diadem
>beast tribes
>Freeupgrade Arc
>alex normal
>bismarck ex
>lords of noonedoesthisshit

>can memorize a youtube guide :
>ravana ex
>thordan ex
>a1-2s

>can play the game:
>a3-4s

Truly the raid focus is killing the game, those two boss fights in 6 months is too damn much.
>>
>>324233502
The original releasw.
>>
File: ffxiv.jpg (271 KB, 1004x1208) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv.jpg
271 KB, 1004x1208
>>324233502
Everything
>>
>>324233502
Nothing, this game is literally perfect.
>>
>>324247350

that would take effort though, something SE is trying to avoid
>>
>>324253117
It's ridiculous how easy shit like that is to implement though.
>>
SCH was a mistake
>>
>>324233502
>What went wrong?

Subscription
>>
>I'm in the second to last Void Ark I ever need to do before I have enough coats to never touch it again

Thank god
>>
>>324248918
>/vg/fag thinks the drama extends to entire game
>thinks isnt contained in his shit hole of an FC of manchildren and tryhard wow rejects

ive had nothing but great experiences

my biggest issues is the devs not addressing the blatant wintrading for triple triad tournaments and not making massive changes to how gold spam is handled. other than that the actual players of the game are great people and way better than any mmo ive ever played on, by miles. like really the most helpful people and welcoming people in an mmo

its got the low pop feel when its really got a million+ subs and such

you want to see a bad mmo userbase thats nothing but toxic look at the regular shitty f2p mmos coming out and see how bad the public chat /general chat gets and how awful those mmo hoppers are.

ffxiv is very stable userbase
>>
>>324251304
the core fight designers in dev team wastes a lot of time catering to tryhards

way too much time designing the higher difficulty fights to pander to tryhards, when they just 1 and done beat it and never touch the game for 3 months until the next patch

youre like trying to bullshit me, when i actually play the game and know how the userbase is and how active the game is and when the tryhards all leave en masse after the first 2 weeks of the patch how empty the servers get

the actual consistent playerbase dont want tryhard bullshit or give a fuck about animus/atma grind when theres literally no point to grinding to them when they all get nerfed eventually

the whole direction of the game just needs to relax and focus on whats good about the game, people dont come to ffxiv for the pvp or the raiding, they come for the trials, boss fights, story, fan service
>>
>>324253974
Except Anima grind literally revitalized the game, against all the goddamn odds.
>>
The item team needs to learn how to not create more currency and items. There's already so much that could have been used and/or streamlined instead.

I mean, just look at the blue scripts. They are pretty pointless because of how little you can do with them. Should have been one script for both tiers, only with certain restrictions not gated behind another currency for the high tier content.

And do we really need eight new items for the Anima? Four of which we need four/five other new items to get? All that for four more items which won't be needed again for anything else?!
>>
>>324253721
>ive had nothing but great experiences
There are always exceptions. Just because you have a good time, doesn't mean everyone else has.
>>
>>324254536
>need four/five
Wait, there's actually more not just the beast tribes. I forgot about Alex.

Really, Yoshi? Couldn't it be just 4 tokes for the relic parts? Could have made the amount needed double, or only earn less per day. Couldn't you use older items, which are still hard to craft or loot?
>>
File: Unsstitled.jpg (156 KB, 608x408) Image search: [Google]
Unsstitled.jpg
156 KB, 608x408
>>324253974
>the core fight designers in dev team wastes a lot of time catering to tryhards when they design up 2 already exising shiter fights
what the fuck are you even talking about you ridiculous faggot?!
>>
>>324233502
>the intro quest/tutorial

i stopped playing after 15 minutes when i realized nothing was going to happen for the next couple hours
>>
>>324233502
How's the PS4 version?

The fucking thing's collecting dust
>>
>>324255093
Functionally identical to PC version but susceptible to PSN outages since the login procedure is tied to your PSN account.
>>
>>324233502

One reason why I stopped playing. The grind. Getting my class weapon was one of the most tedious things I have ever had to do in any game. Why the fuck do I have to do Lv 15 dungeons to get my ilv 110 weapon? And spend 4500 endgame currency to buy books to power it up?
>>
>>324255264
You don't have to do it.
>>
>>324254236
>Except Anima grind literally revitalized the game, against all the goddamn odds.

That people would go that far just to acquire a weapon for GLAMOUR purposes should tell you what the strongest draw in the game is.

I say glamour because i210 is practically useless with 3.2 coming in feb, and anima weapon updates aren't due till after in 3.25/3.3
>>
File: 1432659586598.jpg (187 KB, 960x1200) Image search: [Google]
1432659586598.jpg
187 KB, 960x1200
What would you change if you were in charge of 4.0 and 5.0, /v/?
>>
File: adlo_crit.png (9 KB, 174x40) Image search: [Google]
adlo_crit.png
9 KB, 174x40
>tfw adlo crits
>>
>>324255376
The 210 weapon is going to be useful for week 1 progression since that's the best option you're gonna have on hands right away. Tomestone weapon takes 3 weeks and if there's a primal weapon that's a higher item level it's a distraction and it can have shittier stats anyway.

Of course if you're not all about that W1 then it doesn't matter, no.
>>
>>324253721
The Secret World has a better player base. Sure I met some great people in FFXIV, and man do I miss them, but the general FFXIV players are no better than a pile of horseshit.
>>
>>324255562
>remove lalafells
>make au ra more like concept art
I'll let everyone else handle everything else
>>
>>324255562
I would just remove the entire game.
>>
>>324257243
Careful with that edge
>>
>>324233502

It's paid.

Who the fuck plays an paid MMO on 2016?
>>
>>324233502
When that hack decided making yet another WoW clone was a great idea.
>>
>>324256196
>>324257243
Just why did I hope for serious answer that could actually improve the game from /v/ of all places?
>>
>>324233502
>a real reborn
instead of
>fixd*

That's what.
>>
>>324238804
Do you love the gameplay in XIV better than PSO2?
>>
>>324233502
Not just fully fixing 1.0 instead of rebooting as a WoW clown.

1.23b > 3.15
>>
>>324257483
I don't mind subscription mmos, probably since I have been doing it since Everquest. I hate the f2p crowd but I wouldn't pay to play ffxiv.
>>
>>324255562
Drop PS3 support
Use Warring Triad to remake world again
Make the world truly open and dangerous like 1.0's was.
>>
>>324258021
But there was fucking nothing in 1.0 world. When you sneak past those level 90 trees all you get is an aetheryte crystal you attune to for the achievement and then never return to that place again.
>>
invisible walls
Gcd
Sluggish controls
Everything looks the same
>>
>>324258021
>Use Warring Triad to remake world again
>an hour before the last minor patch for 3.X updates
>cutscene starts like back in the last moments of 1.X
>Warring Triad wrecks some shit
>in 4.0 new areas are open in old zones
>more to explore
>better Sightseeing log
>openworld dungeons, like extended beast tribe homes
>random treasure hunting
>actual hunting through finding clues only you and your group can see
>hidden mini trials and dungeons which can be unlocked through different long tasks
>MUHALAMHIGO rebuild simulator
I want this to happen!
>>
They got a hack to produce and direct it.
>>
>>324258812
You had me until Ala Mhigo
>>
Don't see how being the best MMO currently is going wrong.
>>
>>324234520
That's only because he was under strict supervision from Horii, so DQX is still DQ at its core. Given free full reign all he could make was a shitty WoW clone once the 1.0 leftovers dried out.
>>
>>324259043
>not wanting to turn Ala Mhigo into a good place of zero MUHALAMHIGO and making it a sexy harem
>>
>>324259043
>retake Ala Mhigo
>only let the females back
>>
Do we even have a date for 3.2 yet?
>>
>>324260401
Last week of February, most likely, so 23rd.
>>
>>324239508
Damn, that was really well done.
>>
>>324233502
Not doing at least 60% of your potential DPS doesn't kill you.

There's no incentive for DPS to not be incredibly lazy 90% of the time.
>>
>>324234227
Name a modern mmo that actually has deep class customization. Skill trees were cookie cutter as shit too you know.
>>
>>324260612
Damn that's so far away.

Also its going to be the last part of the HS story I have a feeling many plot threads are going to be left unanswered.
>>
>>324261392
No it's not.
>>
>>324236449

wow, if you're not playing the game for the story then you are literally a fucking dumb faggot with the worst taste in videogames. jesus christ you're retarded. The story is literally the only thing it has going for it besides music and pretty visuals...
>>
>>324261392
It's the end of the Dragonsongwar, not Heavensward.

Also, Liveletter on the 30th of january about the new patch.
>>
>>324257669
Depends. Most of it, yes.

PSO2's challenge mode is fun as fuck though. I wish FFXIV had something like it, but I don't know how that'd work in FFXIV.
>>
>>324262031
>Most of it, yes.
Get back to the pits with you.
>>
File: file.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>start crafting
>earn a little
>spend it all on better gear
>earn more
>repeat
>>
I just wish they'd come up with some decent light party content. Even something like savage modes of previous dungeons that would have items around the quality of non-upgraded tome gear but I don't know how that would really work since the stats in the game are so boring and restrictive.
>>
>>324233502
Japenese have no sense of what makes an intuitive interface
>>
>>324262238
Sorry, but PSO2 is pretty much ez mode compared to FFXIV. I don't even have to try in PSO2 while FFXIV actually feels challenging.

Don't get me wrong, I love PSO2, but it gets boring.
>>
>>324262363
XIV has the best UI out of all MMORPGs that I've played, you're crazy anon
>>
>>324259043
Yeah me too. Fuck those guys
>>
>>324261961
>It's the end of the Dragonsongwar

If we don't rescue Estinien i'll riot
>>
>>324262584
>FFXIV actually feels challenging.
Please do elaborate on this
>>
>>324262907
>Scions aren't dead
>kill the interesting new main cast
Thanks Yoshi
>>
>>324262702
how many MMOs have you played? 2?
>>
>>324263178
Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
>>324233502
I fucking hate the fact that I cannot find a skilled group that plays without guides.
>>
>>324263283
lol
>>
>>324263373
>please carry me!
>>
>>324262967
How about you elaborate on how PSO2 is so much better than FFXIV?

All I said at the start was that I liked most of it more, and then you got autistic about it. If you want to be autistic, you tell how it's better and more challenging.
>>
>>324263629
>carry ME
lol

I ALWAYS carry my group and they beg me to stay when I tell them I'm thinking about leaving.
>>
>>324263373
I wish I had people to play with that weren't completely autistic about the game.
>>
>>324233993
>You don't feel like you're in a world full of adventurers and there is no sense of individuality.
>The world doesn't even feel like a world at all, just a bunch of connected corridors. The combat also feels like you're controlling one of those vehicles from WoW. It doesn't feel like combat at all.

This is all bullshit.
>>
Would anyone else like use to start infiltrating the Empire? Id love to see their lands.
>>
>>324236252
No taste. That's the best option an MMO could ever have. Making alts is stupid as fuck and shitty design. Being able to do everything on one character is the best possible design philosophy you can have.
>>
File: official forum posters.png (40 KB, 1094x230) Image search: [Google]
official forum posters.png
40 KB, 1094x230
>>324233502
The playerbase
>>
>>324233502
Why did the combat have to be so shit? Everything else about the game in the beta was good.
>>
>>324263930
I'd like to abuse their women
>>
>>324263717

I never said anything was better than the other, I asked you why you feel it's more challenging than the other. But if you want to comp out on the question, go for it. It's par for the course.
>>
>>324245865
It's not playable, right now.

No one actually plays it in game.
>>
>>324254671
I'm seconding that Anon's good time. I have an amazing FC and have met a ton of great people in my time on FFXIV even since the 1.0 era. I'm still playing with the same people, they're that good of a group. I haven't been able to stick with a group of people in an MMO like this since FFXI.
>>
>>324264176
>I never said anything was better than the other
see >>324262238
>>
>>324233502
>what went wrong
They went from a unique FF-like combat to a boring WoW-like with 2.5 gcd.
>>
>>324264612
>1.0 combat
>unique FF-like combat

Stop lying.
>>
Dropped it at lvl 48ish after I realised I wasnt immersed into the gameplay or world at all.

Went back to playing old ass WoW nolstarius private server.

Why is a private server emulating a game that came out in 04 still the best MMO available? What the fuck guys?
>>
>>324264818
Because you live in the past and can't move on.
>>
>>324264818
>Why is a private server emulating a game that came out in 04 still the best MMO available? What the fuck guys?

No taste.
>>
>>324264673
I think he means 1.23b's combat.
>>
>>324265376
He'd still be wrong.
>>
File: 1424305609645.jpg (81 KB, 875x739) Image search: [Google]
1424305609645.jpg
81 KB, 875x739
>>324255562
>Remove PS3 support
>Make world seamless
>Remove lalas
>Add Viera
I'm assuming we're going to Ala Mhigo next
>Bring back grass fields Coerthas while also adding areas for Ala Mhigo
>Have rare world bosses that have 1% chance to drop cool shit.
>Add more tank and healer jobs, DPS queue times are largely what they are because there's only three choices for tanking and three for healing and there's seven for DPS.
>Put more emphasis on The Garleans, the Primal gimmick is stale as shit.
>Eventually be able to explore outside Aldenard and venture to different continents.
>Give everyone the ability to have a house and not have it locked behind the fucking player economy (Make it like mounts).
>Make Xelphatol a non-competition based PVP area, you go in at the risk of being attacked by another player party.
>Make elemental resistances mean something, adding more Ice resistance to yourself will nullify ice attacks more, this will increase the value of elemantal materia.
>Make race stats and deity choice stats more different. Right now, picking your race will have nothing to do with your role unless you're playing a Dunesfolk lala going BLM.

Does anyone want to add on?
>>
>>324263930
I want to work for them, they seem like people that would appreciate my talents.

Eorzea are a bunch of tree hugging hippies who are centuries behind them technologically to boot.
>>
>>324264290
The two main reasons people don't play it are,

1. It's PvP, people hate losing, that's why actual PvP is so unpopular in XIV. People would rather stick to PvE where everyone wins and you only fight easy, memorize-a-thon bosses.

2. It shits on controller users and people would rather blame it than blame themselves for playing on a console. Name me one RTS that is playable on a controller, you may as well try to paint with your feet.
>>
File: 1309810492535.gif (356 KB, 320x239) Image search: [Google]
1309810492535.gif
356 KB, 320x239
>make pf for diadem normal
>retards still ask if it's hard

>make pf for diadem gathering
>retards still think it's a fighting group

People are getting dumber and dumber. Non-English players with English game clients are THE WORST they don't understand shit! And auto-translation is lost on there retards.

Spaniards and fucking Russians are the worst. These mongoloids actually make pf searches in Cyrillic!!

Seriously learn to fucking read or fuck off to a game that supports your language, you dimwitted, mouth-breathers.
>>
File: spongeburn.jpg (44 KB, 480x368) Image search: [Google]
spongeburn.jpg
44 KB, 480x368
>>324262249

>Made 30mil off crafted relic items
>spent it all on melds
>>
>>324267549

>The three City-states are at war
>You can devote yourself to one of them, becoming hostile to any other players of the other two cities in any region of the world and being able to attack them
>Killing other players awards points to your City-state
>At the end of the week/month, the City-State with the most points win and all its players get awarded additonal PvP tokens/exp and unique rewards. The score gets reset afterwards
>You can buy "diplomatic safe-conduct" that allows you to go in other City-States without getting attacked by the guards but you can't PvP at all during the duration of the item.
>You can choose to not take part in the war if you don't like PvP
>>
>>324269040
That would mean rewriting the whole 2.0 and 3.0 game for new starters. That could only happen with a game rebuild.
>>
File: 1294239164291.jpg (55 KB, 590x449) Image search: [Google]
1294239164291.jpg
55 KB, 590x449
>>324267549
>Remove lalas

I'm all for it but then all the perverts and kawaii~ fags, especially in Japan, are going to take up arms or maybe quit and the game kinda needs more people.

Lalafell dominate in Japan.
>>
>>324269040
Thought the whole post was retarded until the last line. I'm not a fan of PvP at all and wouldn't take part in this but it is an idea i can see people enjoying.
>>
>>324269307
Just ake it so you can only take part in the wars at a certain level (after the scenario allows it). Low level players will see people beating the shit out of each others but it's not exlicitely said that it's because of a war so it won't break the story.
>>
>>324240526

Eat shit and die queer. Faggots like you ruin the fucking game
>>
>>324269040
>You can choose to not take part in the war if you don't like PvP

Needs to be the other way around. You should have to opt in rather than opt out. If it's on be default there would be thousands of complaints from people getting attacked because they didn't know PVP was turned on.
>>
Why are Fem Ra players all abunch of cunts
>>
>>324269818

After a certain point in the story the game would ask you to choose between three factions: Limsa Lominsa, Gridania, Ul'dah or the Ala Mhigan resistance (which would be the PvE neutral faction).
>>
>>324270125
But i'm all in on Gridania and hate those Ala Mhiggers. Yet I don't want to PVP at all.
>>
>>324264673
It was FF-like you fucking retard, because it wasnt based around a 2.5 sec gcd and seemed like your usual FF ATB combat. The keyword is SEEMED. But still felt unique in the sea of gcd-based wow clones.
>>
File: 8050477.jpg (214 KB, 500x463) Image search: [Google]
8050477.jpg
214 KB, 500x463
>>324270305
Well, fuck you then.
>>
>>324270125
Not being able to join one and support a city at all becasue you don't want to PvP is stupid
>>
>>324270607
Especially after you've already joined a Grand Company at the start of the game.
>>
I saw this game recently and I'm enjoying the trial, anyone got a spare key from the recently humble bundle?
>>[email protected]
>>
>>324271068

Fuck off. Were full
>>
>>324271152
>implying
Games probably the most vacant it's been in a while.
>>
>>324270468
No it wasn't FF-like. I played it and you need to stop lying. It was shit and it was even slower than the 2.5 second gcd that you're whining about so much.

2.5 seconds is closer to how fast ATB filled on the highest battle speed anyway, you fucking moron.
>>
>>324271527
Whatever you say, fag.
I played it and it seemed pretty ff-like to me.
>>
File: itsalmostharvestingseason.jpg (612 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
itsalmostharvestingseason.jpg
612 KB, 1920x1080
>>324233502
Its fine for what it does. The raids are fun and challenging and the primal fights are top. Just have to not burn yourself out doing stupid relic farming and other bullshit.
>>
>>324233993

perfectly put

but as a huge vanafag i am biased

honestly if it was just this, except the networking and interfacing wasn't japan tier, and spellbooks weren't so embarrassingly small, i could still play it.

as it is, the game just goes onto the pile of trash that is "worse than wow wow-clones".
>>
>>324269040
Why would they be warring? The leaders of each of those Grand Companies are close allies.
>>
>>324271982
>as it is, the game just goes onto the pile of trash that is "worse than wow wow-clones"

Stop lying.
>>
>>324272156
They're technically warring already, they've just agreed to keep fights in the area immediately around the Calamity only.

Granted, that was just a half assed reason to add BGs to the game

>>324233993
If you think this game is "sterile" with no sense of "individuality" then you have never played Rift.
>>
>>324233502
Gooks
Thread replies: 228
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.