[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Tom Clancy >grounded in reality >"We tried to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 178
Thread images: 17
File: The-Division.jpg (288 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
The-Division.jpg
288 KB, 1920x1080
>Tom Clancy
>grounded in reality
>"We tried to make the game as immersive as possible with all the little details"
>All enemies are bullet-sponges. A t-shirt wearing thug can take 6 blasts to the chest close range and shrug it off
Blunder of the century

>B B B But it's an RPG
Nobody gives a shit. People will buy this because it is a TPS not because you can min/max your character. It will die because of the horrible gunplay.
>>
in short it's gonna be like Warframe.
>>
>It will die because of the horrible gunplay.
But there are games that are popular and have bullet-sponge gunplay.

It will die because it's a shitty Ubisoft game.
>>
>>324215603
Enemies are not such bullet sponges in Warframe.

Division has worse bullet sponges than Destiny.

This game has the biggest immersion breaking combat I have experienced in a game yet. I doubt they will change it as the beta goes on/ release.
>>
>>324215235
The only ammunition people can get after the disaster is 9mm. There. The game makes perfect sense.
>>
>>324215968
Those games can get away with it because they are fantasy/sci-fi.
>>
I know Tom Clancy hated liberals, so some people dislike him. But there was a fucking time that the words "Tom Clancy" on something implied a certain degree of technical research and realism.

After his death, everything went to shit.
>>
>>324217080
C'mon, anon. Was Splinter Cell realistic? This is coming from a fan of his books and the games based on them.
>>
>>324217080
>After his death

nigga was making mad dough letting people write for him years before he died. also vegas.
>>
>>324217174
Vaguely. The tech wasn't all there, but it wasn't a huge fucking stretch.

And I promise you that if you dome a nigga Splinter Cell, that nigga is dead.
>>
>>324217443
Fair point.
>>
fuck the gunplay, hows the exploration?
>>
>>324215235
>>All enemies are bullet-sponges
>BULLET SPONGES
>SPONGES OF BULLETS
I understand they are annoying, but what other option is there? Everyone bitches about this, but what would have been better? 2-3 bullets for each enemy like COD?

PLEASE TELL ME. I am curious HOW WOULD YOU HAVE "FIXED" OUR GAME?
>>
File: header_tsw_new-612x337[1].jpg (29 KB, 612x337) Image search: [Google]
header_tsw_new-612x337[1].jpg
29 KB, 612x337
>>324215603
More like its going to be the secret world 2.

>Great atmosphere
>immersive as fuck
>Well crafted puzzles and story
>Shitty damage sponge enemies
>God awful slow RPG combat
>>
>>324218010
He wouldn't, he's just memeing. Bandwagon and stuff.
>>
>>324217218
RB6 went to shit before Vegas with Lockdown.
>>
File: 1372564041020.jpg (9 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1372564041020.jpg
9 KB, 250x250
>>324218010
>2-3 bullets for each enemy like COD?
YES. How about if you shoot a normal person wearing a tanktop with a 9mm a few times they fall over dead, but if you shoot a dude wearing a plate carrier you don't do much damage at all.

Kind of like how the real world works in your grounded in reality shooter.
>>
>>324218010
2-3 bullets for each enemy like IN REAL FUCKING LIFE.

CoD didn't invent the fact that humans get killed easily by bullets.

Just make a good AI and problem fixed, the game remains hard because the enemies know how to take care of their shit, how to stall the player and find good cover, some enemies may even have kevlars so it may take even up to 10 bullets to the torso making headshots important.
>>
>>324218010
Why exactly does 1-2 headshots to kill need fixing?
>>
>>324218149
This would be a best case scenario.
>>
>>324218010
>fixing something that is not broken
Why

>>324218442
>bullet sponge enemies in a game where you expect some sort of realism is ok
>>
>>324218010
>2-3 bullets for each enemy like COD?

Sure. If it proves to be too easy in testing then you could make the game harder in other ways. For example, you could make ammo scarcer, add more enemies, improve enemy AI, or reduce player health.
>>
>enemies have more health as levels get higher
Laziest fucking way to do an "RPG", ever
>>
>>324218669
>some sort of realism
You just answered your own question. It's not supposed to be a war simulator, it's supposed to be an action rpg.
>>
>>324218887
>some sort of realism
>meaning full blown milsim
I guess CSGO and Halo to you are also war simulators.

Why doesn't this game have dragons? They are in other action rpgs.
>>
>>324215235
What do people expect from this game? It's looks like a reskin of Gears of War in New York with nothing that people love about Gears of War
>>
>>324218010
This gay as 'Health Bars and damage stat weapon' shit is used a crutch by people who lack either the skill or inclination to make decent AI that challenges the player.
>>
>>324218887
>action RPG means humans with no armor can take 50.cal in the face and not die. Fuck immersion and setting.
>>
>>324219143
Cool urban exploration type game.
>>
File: JimmyHoffa.gif (16 KB, 216x258) Image search: [Google]
JimmyHoffa.gif
16 KB, 216x258
>>324219285
The map is small as shit.
The only thing that can save this game is if the Dark Zone has every building enterable and in PVP the damages are competitive (good aim and tactics is rewarded, not weapon levels and massive health pools)
>>
>>324219285
>>324219439
From what I've seen it's far southern Manhattan and Williamsburg, which is really fucking small
>>
File: Difficulty[1].jpg (20 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Difficulty[1].jpg
20 KB, 640x480
>easy
>You are a bullet sponge and everything dies in 1 hit
>Stupid AI
>Power Fantasy mode

>normal
>you have a bit more HP then the enemy but they can still kill you if you play dumb
>Normal AI
>I want to have a good time but still win mode

>Hard
>The enemy does a lot more damage, also has more HP
>Smarter AI
>I like a challenge mode

>Realistic
>You and the enemy both have low HP, high damage and both die in 1 hit to the head
>Smartest AI
>Intense mode

Why isn't this the default for all FPS?
>>
>>324219439
Oh, and player customization. I saw they were planning on layerable gear, but that might be bullshit for all I know.
>>
>>324219064
>>324219274

>I won't let people play games that don't follow my preferences and I'll make sure to let them know this
Why even bother then? Just ignore the bloody thing, jesus.
>>
>>324218887
The dark tone of the game's story doesn't really sit well with that. This is a world in the middle of an apocalypse, bodies are piled up in the streets, and everyone's starving to death. Medicine, electricity and running water are a memory. Life is cheap, and, oh yeah, you have to shoot people 10 times in the head to kill them. What?
>>
It is not even just the high health pool but the animations.
A hobo with a pistol can be reloading his weapon and he won't even flinch if you dump a mag into him. Looks super amateurish. Like the bullets are going through him.
>>
>>324219439
>(good aim and tactics is rewarded, not weapon levels and massive health pools)
Wasn't Defiance like that?
>>
>>324219638
Because the game was marked as a semi-realistic shooter. No Tom Clancy game has ever had bullet sponge enemies.

It's like telling Final Fantasy fans not to be mad when the next FF game is re-skinned minecraft instead of a JRPG.
>>
File: ronda2.jpg (58 KB, 876x493) Image search: [Google]
ronda2.jpg
58 KB, 876x493
bulletsponge enemies also go against Ubisofts own claim of putting immense research into the city, viruses, etc to make it as immersive as possible.

I very much doubt bullet proof skin is somehow explained in the game's lore.
>>
>>324219832

yeah and it died because the mmo crowd was upset that their high lvl weapons weren't better in every way than the lower lvl ones so they fucking changed it to that bs. FUCK. That was the great feature of that game. I am salty as fuck about that.
>>
tfw no more GRAW
>>
https://youtu.be/L2rT35dr-Rk?t=501

>immersion
>need an army to kill a hobo
>>
>>324219917
>Because the game was marked as a semi-realistic shooter

Where was it marketed this way? I can't find them talking about realistic gunplay being a core concept of the game.
>>
>>324219984
I heard that when you die, you can come back to life. My immersion is ruined.
>>
>>324219917
Well it doesn't matter, if the game had a two shot kill mechanic weapon upgrades would be pointless, as well as skills, gear and PVP, that would break the very core of the game. Just leave it as it is man. What they could do is increase the headshot critical multiplier in some way that it's not overpowered.
>>
>>324219584
We can wish.
>>
File: 1438710927318.gif (2 MB, 330x270) Image search: [Google]
1438710927318.gif
2 MB, 330x270
>>324220338
>strawmen
>>
>>324220345
Then those skills and gears were badly designed (designed around the fact that humans are all bullet sponges)

Why not do horizontal progression instead of the lazy ass vertical HP faggotry
>>
File: tc_legacy_logo-1024x231[1].jpg (20 KB, 1024x231) Image search: [Google]
tc_legacy_logo-1024x231[1].jpg
20 KB, 1024x231
>>324220252
Right there.
39/39 Tom Clancy games are semi-realistic shooters.

Or directly from the steam page:
>Tom Clancy’s The Division™ sets a new bar in video game realism and open world rendering.
>>
I guess whoever designed the game has never heard of suspension of belief.

I can buy enemies that take a whole mag to kill but only if it is fantazy or sci-fi. Not in a game where everything is super grounded in reality and then suddenly bullet proof humans.
>>
>>324217080
It went to shit before his death.
>>
>>324220806
Realism is just a marketing checkbox.
>Make that palm tree looks like its swaying in the wind.
>Great! Now we can call our game realistic!
The cheapest and fastest way to add difficulty to a game is just up the HP on the enemies.

Ubi knows exactly what they are doing.
>>
File: 1399557938985.jpg (43 KB, 625x460) Image search: [Google]
1399557938985.jpg
43 KB, 625x460
>>324220850
>new Jack Ryan Jr. novels
I still read them but boy are they a notch worse than Jack Ryan Sr. novels.
>>
>>324215235
I really just hope they fix the bullet sponge shit
half a mag to kill an enemy? you know what sure thats fine people in most fps spray around half a mag to kill one guy and then they reload anyway, but 2 mags+ is pretty dumb.
>>
>>324221108
One of the fastest ways to make a game fun is to add dragons and aliens. Doesn't mean you have to put them in Division.
>>
>>324220505
How is it a strawman? It's the exact same thing you're talking about. You can't just say "straw man" and expect to win out of habit.
>>
>>324221108
Only with these new games in old established series that use the name to sell more copies.
>>
>>324220728
So Rainbow Six vegas was realistic? It took more than 2 bullets to kill in that game.
>>
>>324221292
It's probably because multiplayer is encouraged and if you are running around with 3 other people, 1-2 shot enemies is not going to be too much fun and be piss easy.
>>
>>324221475
Wanting the gunplay to be more realistic because "immersion" is not the same as wanting to die once and then uninstall the game.
It is still a game but that doesn't mean it can only be either super realistic or super arcade gameplay wise. There is middle ground.
>>
>>324221475
wanting to immerse myself into a game through realism is the same as wanting to never be able to play a game after one death is the same? Are you retarded?
>>
>>324215603
>>324215235
Pretty much exactly why I lost interest.

I was expecting something kind of battlefield-ish, maybe even like rainbow 6 crossed with semi-open world gta

Instead it's going to be all about loot and levels and carrot-on-a-stick skinnerbox bullshit.

oh well
>>
>>324221617
It took more then 2 bullets to kill someone in complete riot gear. Funny enough headshots were still lethal.
>>
>>324221850
People dying and coming back to life break immersion. You're sitting there telling me that shooting someone multiple times completely ruins the game for you, but that person disappearing and reappearing completely fine a few seconds later is totally fine. It sounds like you're just being a little bitch.
>>
>>324221650
there have been co-op tom clancy games without bullet sponges, itll get more boring having to deal with a ton of bullet sponges taking up your time killing them.
>>
>>324221617
Grounded in reality or authentic feeling is what I would call old R6 games.

Always when people say "realistic", some autists and spergs think they mean super hardcore 1 bullet kills and destroys the game realism. No, nobody wants that. They want suspension of belief and gameplay, gameworld that is grounded in reality if it is marketed as such.

A fantasy game can be grounded in reality and suspend your belief if everything is consistent and works like it should in that gameworld.
>>
>>324217174
>C'mon, anon. Was Splinter Cell realistic?
Err.. it basically predicted all the NSA stuff

And almost all the gadgetry in the game actually exists

And ghost recon predicted the war in the caucuses almost to the exact date

I don't know if guys actually run around like some kind of superspy operative like in splinter cell IRL, but clancy's been pretty spot on, even though I feel like he's got a massive boner for everything american and it blinds his point of view a bit.
>>
>>324222039
In the game's logic nobody is respawning. You respawn because in the real world you are playing a fucking game. Are you autistic?
>>
>>324222039
THE GAMEPLAY
THE GAMEPLAY IS SUPPOSED TO BE IMMERSIVE
DO YOU WANT TO DIE ONCE AND UNINSTALL THE GAME, YOU DENSE CUNT?
>>
>>324222159
Sonar goggles?
>>
>>324222324
Respawning is a gameplay mechanic.
>>
>>324215235

>be Ubisoft
>make Siege
>1 headshot is instakill
>otherwise you die from 2-3 shots, best case is 4
>people bitch about too realistic health system
>be Ubisoft still
>make Division
>no instakill headshot
>takes lot more shots to kill and die
>people bitch about bullet spongy health system

everytime
>>
>>324222467
No
People bitch about not being able to play the game at all due to shitty net code.
>>
>>324222417
Respawning is a gameplay mechanic the same way needing a monitor to play a game is a gameplay mechanic. You couldn't fucking play the game if you didn't have one or the other.
>>
>>324218491
>How about if you shoot a normal person wearing a tanktop with a 9mm a few times they fall over dead

They don't, actually.

People only "drop dead" when you hit their central nervous system. Anywhere else and they're alive until they bleed to death.

Even when you hit the CNS, unless it's in the neck/brain, you've probably only paralyzed their limbs, not their autonomic functions controlling the heart and lungs.

Basically: People almost never die instantly when shot. Mostly, they bleed out over a span of time lasting a couple minutes to over an hour.
And if the CNS isn't hit, they can run and move just fine. I've seen a guy get easily 8+ bullets in his chest take off running down the street. He died, but that didn't stop him from moving like a bat out of hell after getting unloaded on.

Videogames and movies have lied to you.
>>
>>324222467
>people bitching about the health system in Siege
bullshit
>>
the goal was to release their own destiny clone
guess what destiny has, progression and loot
you weren't actually expecting an hardcore survival game a la day z right ?
>>
>>324218010
Nigger, you know you can have an RPG with guns where enemies AREN'T bullet sponges, right?
Problem is, you faggots don't actually know what an RPG is.
In your mind, RPG = lots of big numbers and big enemies to slowly chip away at with mind-numbingly boring combat.
>>
>>324221617
grasping at straws
>>
>>324222540
>>324222624

check the forums and reddit, even here was bitching about how unfair it is because hipfire can cause a random headshot and people cry about it
>>
>>324222467
The only bitching about siege that has happened is again too long kill times thanks to shit netcode and p2p networking. Nobody has actually wanted longer kill times in Siege.

Nobody want's long kill times in a tactical shooter.
>>
>>324222340
Not in production, but we have prototypes that work as advertised.

Main problem is they're super expensive, and power supplies.
>>
>>324222467
Yeah no. People were constantly bitching about how long it takes to kill people because of the horrible netcode.
>>
>>324222467
Rainbow Six has always been about small amounts of shots to kill you fucking child.
>>
>>324222567
Are you somehow implying killing enemy players isn't a part of the game? You're a moron.
>>
>>324222726
They bought a rainbow six game. They should have known from the start that dying because bullets are lethal is a thing.

Fuck, why do casuals have to worm their way in and try to ruin everything.
>>
>>324222627
They chose the worst setting possible for such a game.
>>
>>324222801
Link.
>>
>>324222159

>it basically predicted all the NSA stuff

The NSA stuff wasn't exactly a secret. It's just that people actually started believing in it when that Snowden thing happened
>>
>>324222579
>People only "drop dead" when you hit their central nervous system.

No people still drop, albeit not dead, when you shoot them because getting shot REALLY FUCKING HURTS.

I don't expect Ubi to simulate them falling on the floor crying and slowly bleeding to death but if I unload a clip into you, even if I miss your "central nervous system" you are not going to just shrug it off and keep attacking me like it was nothing.

And don't give me that adrenaline bullshit. Go take that argument over to /k/ because i'm not going to get into it here.
>>
File: hhehe.png (119 KB, 288x291) Image search: [Google]
hhehe.png
119 KB, 288x291
>>324218010

>our game
>>
>>324222858
No, I implied that respawning is necessary even in a super hardcore milsim game because it is a fucking game.

Saying respawning "breaks immersion" is retarded because it is pretty much mandatory because of the medium.

Comparing wanting immersive gameplay to being able to respawn IN A VIDEO GAME is fucking retarded.
>>
>>324222987
>clip

Literally don't give a fuck about anything you said because you don't know basic terminology for firearms or ballistics. How the fuck could I take anything you say seriously on this subject.
>>
>>324222987
This.
The all around point is there have been A LOT of Tom Clancy games and you have to deal with other soldiers wearing body armor and having powerful weapons and what not, are those games boring? No. Did people go, "wow I wish these enemies took longer to kill"? No. Even if The Division is suppose to be a TPSRPG the bullet sponge shit shouldnt fly.
>>
>>324222340
SONAR is an actual thing that actually exists. It is possible to create a visual field based on SONAR information.
Bats have literally been doing this for millions of years.
And there are robots that literally exist right now that do this.
>>
>>324223084
Well multiple shots are required because this is an rpg and not a milsim game. You're retarded for saying it breaks immersion.
>>
>>324222039
>what is a video game
So to you no game ever can be immersive because people can respawn?
Holy shit, better remove arma from the realistic section and put it in the arcade section with Quake 3 because hurrr you can respawn not immersive at all.
>>
>>324223247
So show me a set of goggles a person can wear.

>>324223316
I'm not the one having a bitch fit about a game not being immersive. I'm not arguing that point.
>>
I don't care about realism. I want suspension of belief. Seeing a hobo take 5 shotgun blasts to the face breaks immersion instantly.
>>
>>324222987
>No people still drop, albeit not dead, when you shoot them because getting shot REALLY FUCKING HURTS.

No they don't.
Go on liveleak and actually watch people getting shot.

NONE OF THEM drops 'because he's hurt'.

They either drop because their spine is severed / brain is splattered out, or they run as fast as they can away from the bullets.

Stop getting everything you know from the fucking mainstream media, you idiot. They create a whole bunch of asinine stereotypes that aren't actually true, but are easier for the audience to handle.
>>
>>324222963
Fuck me. I was thinking of the EMF goggles they had in the good games, not Sonar.

Feel free to call me stupid.
>>
>>324223469
I can't really fault you for forgetting those games.
>>
I think bullet sponges is honestly the worst thing you can put into any shooter
it makes guns feel weak which really defeats the purpose
>>
>>324223297
Not him but being an RPG isn't an excuse. You're retarded for saying it doesn't and using respawns mechanic to justify it. And I mean genuinely retarded
>>
>>324218491
>>324222579
Even with body armor don't most people drop from 1 bullet? I mean even with body armor you see lots of people come up with broken ribs because of the impact.

You even graze someone they are out of the game already. Sure adrenaline can keep you pumping but if they add that to the game it should have a timer where you have enough time to either get the fuck out of there or you dead and restarting or whatever.

What Ubi could have done is have a ton of shit for cover and have AI blind fire you so another AI can actually aim down their sights at you thus forcing you to either get shot and lose or luck out.
>>
>>324215235
I bet Ubishit is really sad that they won't be able to add parkour to this shitty game and use it in the future segments for their next Assassins Creed product.
>>
>>324219584
not worth it since it really doesn't affect the overall bottom line
>>
>>324218149
I would say that one of the charms of TSW is that it's literally an entire world, but The Division is just New York
Really, what is the story even going to be aside from surviving? I get that they have "10+ story missions" but that doesn't sound much
>>
>>324223297
RPGs also have dragons in them. Most actually.
So why not put dragons into Division. You are retarded if you say a dragon breaks immersion.
>>
>>324223669
And you thinking that rpgs need to have real-world firearm mechanics and physics is genuinely retarded. Want to now go around in these stupid circles of this conversation 20 more times?
>>
>>324215970
>enemies are not bullet sponges in warframe

kek
>>
>>324223450
>TRUST ME
>I KNOW WAR
>I WATCH CLIPS OF IT ON LIVELEAK

People go down because bones are hit and broken, because muscle is torn, or because the pain causes parts of your body to fail. A shot to the pelvis, can and will put a man down and on death's door without touching the spine or brain at all, but because it will shatter bones and cut important blood passagways in that area. So sure, a shot to the spine or brain will bring someone down and kill them, but it's one of a hundred or so ways to kill someone with a gun.

You're a retard, and should probably stop thinking of yourself as an authority on anything but sucking cocks.
>>
>>324223728
I bet they were real sad when they weren't allowed to put any climbable towers in.
>>
>>324223297
>are required because this is an rpg
see
>>324222693

You have never played an actual RPG before.

Just in case you're retarded, older PnP and tabletop RPGs had EXTREMELY realistic damage models for characters, enemies, and even random NPCs, in fact, there was a time when RPGs (setting aside) were some of the most realistic games one could play.
>>
>>324223854
really depends on the gun/type of enemy but since its either HUMANS WEARING POWER ARMOR, ROBOT CYBORGS, or MUTANTS, all of those make a little bit of sense when it takes more then 4 hits to kill something, even then The Division has even greater bullet sponges when its just regular guys running around in regular clothes. Even in warframe a headshot will oneshot most everything
>>
>>324223450
Can I shoot you? I'll even go nonlethal and hit you in the knee.
Getting shot is painful and we react to pain.
>>
>>324223839
No they don't. Nobody is saying that you mong.
We are saying that an RPG that is set in a realistic setting should have somewhat realistic gameplay. Something that suspends your belief. Having bullet sponge enemies like fucking borderlands in a game like this is as good as having a realistic SWAT team jumping out of a bush in Witcher 3 and headshotting everyone.

You are acting as if all RPGs need to be the same, no matter the setting or theme.
All RPGs so far have had magic and swords. By your logic they should be absolutely fine in Division.
>>
>>324223839
>B-BUT IT'S AN RPG!

You're the one arguing in circles you stupid faggot. You thinking that bullet sponges and shit firearm mechanics is justifiable in a shooter is genuinely retarded.

No hyperbole, it's actually fucking retarded.

In fact if you continue to argue this you are just confirming that you're actually, genuinely fucking retarded.
>>
File: AstroboyOmegafactor.gif (969 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
AstroboyOmegafactor.gif
969 KB, 500x281
>>324215970
>Division has worse bullet sponges than Destiny.

Kill me
>>
File: 1452800227269.jpg (50 KB, 400x570) Image search: [Google]
1452800227269.jpg
50 KB, 400x570
>>324219638
>I literally cannot handle criticism.
>>
>>324221475
Not even him but that is almost the definition of a strawman argument.

Your argument could be boiled down to "I cant press x to breath in and out, but my character doesn't suffocate. my immersion is ruined"
>>
File: escape-from-tarkov_j88j.640.jpg (8 KB, 430x242) Image search: [Google]
escape-from-tarkov_j88j.640.jpg
8 KB, 430x242
>>324224425
And not even just the bosses but regular mooks.
It just looks super fucking retarded.

The PVP is even worse because using tactics and cover is absolutely pointless as you still need to dump a whole mag into someone. But pray that the other guy doesn't have a gun that is 1 level better than your because then he will just empty your HP first with no tactics needed.

Can't believe Ubi actually let these youtubers film such shit gunplay and let them show it.

>Pic related
Our last hope for an immersive survival shooter that isn't everyone spawning as a naked murderhobo
>>
>>324224891
One of the pre-order bonuses is a faster base move speed and bigger storage space.

Lose all hope.
>>
>>324224891
Never heard about this game. What is it about and what's good about it?
>>
File: 1396451296530.png (104 KB, 306x275) Image search: [Google]
1396451296530.png
104 KB, 306x275
>Tom Clancy's The Division
>Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands
Why compete with yourself Ubisoft?
>>
>>324225223
Wow
If those are not possible to gain in game by other people too then all hope is lost.

Why almost devs that make these survival games such cunts?
>>
>>324221617
It might take you by surprise, but irl people have been known to charge at their shooter trough the gunfire with the help of their adrenaline.
>>
>>324225314
>wildlands
You mean Ubisoft: The Ubisoft game

It has towers, minigames and "random" events all marked on the map, etc
The true ubisoft experience.
>>
>>324224768
And you would be just as retarded to use that logic as him.
>>
>>324225501
>Everyone has bullet proof skin in Division because the virus game some people super adrenaline
Ubisoft should hire me
>>
>>324225552
That was the point he was making
>>
>>324225690
Exactly. So everybody should stop bitching about immersion.
>>
>Hey, lets slap Tom Clancy on the name. That will surely make people ignore the buttfuck retarded gunplay that belongs in a fantasy game.
>>
>>324225314
Division is Destiny
Wildlands is a TPS Far Cry

Different markets even if they are both TPS games
>>
>make one of the most interesting and well made infection base apocolyptic setting
>enemies are just fags in hoodies with handguns
>pretty much an average day in New York except in game some enemies are white instead of all black.

It would be the perfect game for a CROSSED infection. Why can't I fight people who want to beat me with HORSE COCK
>>
>>324218010
>2-3 bullets for each enemy like COD
How about 2-3 bullets like Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon. You know, the fucking defining games of the whole Tom Clancy brand. Make it less of a RPG Numbers game and more of a survival/mystery game.
>>
>>324226302
>Why can't I fight people who want to beat me with HORSE COCK
Because a CROSSED video game would get an immediate AO rating if not an outright ban.
>>
File: 2353948-crossed_09_021.jpg (400 KB, 1280x1170) Image search: [Google]
2353948-crossed_09_021.jpg
400 KB, 1280x1170
>>324226442
I know but...a man can dream. A man can dream.
>>
Isn't Tom Clancy dead?
>>
>>324215235
You know, from the moment that I heard about this game I was expecting an MMO version of TLoU's multiplayer, except maybe with a few gimmicks like an MGS3 field surgeon mechanic. But instead it's basically Destiny with a realism skin. Leave it up to Ubi to consistently shit on their own potential.
>>
>>324227026
He died in 2013.
>>
>>324226438
The thing was announced at the very start to be an RPG. Its not like it was tacked on.
>>
>>324225613
Ubisoft here

You're hired
>>
>>324227343
Calling it an RPG doesn't mean you can put in shit that doesn't fit and say LOL RPG WE CAN DO WHATEVER WE WANT.

Just because Witcher 3 has swords and magic doesn't mean Division should have them. Even though both are rpgs.

Bullet sponges aren't the defining feature of the RPG genre.
>>
>>324227102
>MMO version of TLoU's multiplayer

Thats what i thought too, imagine the max difficulty of TLoU in PS4, grounded i think.

Now imagine scarce resources, some sort of trading, level up like in TLoU to get better stats and finding weapons around the map.

Now add the Division map details, missions, side missions and dark zone and shit without the "hurr dur RPG".

It would be great
>>
Putting Tom Clancy in the name was a mistake.
Not only does it limit what you can do with the lore it also makes a lot of the gameplay elements look retarded because they do not belong in a Tom Clancy game and people expect something different.
>>
After reading a few of the top sellers of Tom Clancy, i always wondered how he would write the games as a book.

I mean a Ghost Recon book or Splinter Cell book, how would they be portrayed?

Also a The Division book would be cool to read.
>>
File: Aymeric Evennou.jpg.jpg (10 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Aymeric Evennou.jpg.jpg
10 KB, 200x200
>>324227785
Senior International Brand Strategist for Ubisoft here.

First off, fuck you. We own Clancy's name and we can tack that dead asshole onto any game we want. Secondly, go piss in your own mouth. Stop telling us what you think a "great idea" is, because we here at Ubisoft CLEARLY know better than you. Third, stop arguing and preorder the game already. Stop denying yourself that the Tom Clancy name makes you excited to buy our shit. In fact, you're going to be so excited that you're going to buy all six DLC packs too, and then you're going to preorder the next Assassin's Creed because you like being anally shafted by us.

Sincerely, go suck nigger dick.
-Aymeric Evennou
>>
>>324222467
do you think maybe it's different people complaining about those two things?
>>
>>324228689
>go piss in your own mouth
i don't know why, but this sounds like a very french thing to do
>>
I'm reserving judgement before the beta.

I have a feeling it is going to be fun.

Too many onscreen markers though. It's like a coupon page.
>>
>>324229654
Damage markers are usually able to be turned off. I also want to be able to turn off prompts for cover and vaulting. I hope the UI is also scaleable.

I think normal enemies are fine, but like Destiny once you start getting shielded enemies and yellow health bar enemies shit gets annoying as fuck.
>>
>>324215235
It's going to sell incredibly well because of marketing and console graphics
>>
>>324229980
The health bars look especially dumb coupled with a low level bum that can take multiple shots to the face. Doesnt fit the rest of the game at all.
>>
>>324216151
test a few 9mm's to your chest from close range and report back plz
>>
>>324230149
He was most likely being sarcastic
>>
The best part about this game is:

-open world
-custom guns
-you own your guns
-coop
-custom clothes?

It's basically a dream game.
I think it could turn out really good.
People have said it was fun.
>>
>>324230376
>you own your guns
what
>>
>>324230268
oh sorry i dont get sarcasm to notice i am autistic and just woke up

have a good day all
>>
I actually hope it bombs after all the lies they told
>>
I don't suppose my 860m could handle this game?
>>
>>324230458
Any other game, guns usually aren't owned. You drop them on the floor once you run out of ammo. In CS you don't own any of your guns. You just buy them for that round until you die. In this game when you have a gun, its like an RPG where your gun is an item that you own.
>>
>>324230767
You realize those are different genres and type of games.

"owning" your gun is nothing special in a game like this.
>>
>>324230589
>m
>>
>>324230849
Well it's something special to me.
I like to say a gun is mine.
This is my fn scar. This is my hk416. My M14.
Means a lot to me.
>>
>>324231152
Are you new to video games or just autistic?
>>
>>324231410
I'm not allowed to like owning something?
>>
>>324223706
Some people collapse from shock but it's more psychological than being physically disabled by the impact, they can get up again and keep on trucking if they don't have a panic attack.

Some special forces units do training drills where they actually shoot each other (with extensive protection of course) so they know what to expect and won't collapse and block a doorway if they actually get hit entering a room.
>>
>>324231505
Even in CS you "own" the gun since you have custom skins and keep it between rounds if you manage to stay alive.

owning a gun is nothing special at all in a shooter
>>
The dark zone loot shit could be really fun, but there really won't be a point to ever not go rogue if you see a pack on someone's back.

I do like you can hijack someone's extraction chopper for your own loot.
>>
>>324231867
>Talks about owning guns
>Only argument is owning skins
>>
>>324232062
so you're just autistic then
>>
>>324232134
>Argument smashed
>Resorts to name calling

:D
>>
wait did tom clancy really die?
>>
>>324232590
Several years ago.
>>
>>324232590
wait isn't there a huge digital repository of information you can check anytime?
>>
>>324223191
maybe he was talking about a garand?
Thread replies: 178
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.