[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>LoL meta game is now 100% forced in ranked queues with a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 61
File: position-select.jpg (201 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
position-select.jpg
201 KB, 1280x800
>LoL meta game is now 100% forced in ranked queues with a WoW ish role finder
>>
>>324188118
its just accepting reality. Roles exist and 99.99% of the playerbase follow them anyway. This is a system that needed to exist for a long time in all honesty.
>>
At the end of the day this doesn't really change anything because people slaved to the meta themselves anyways, but this is still sad because it's the formal nail in the coffin for Riot's ever allowing or accepting anything different.

I just don't get it, aren't assfaggots originally intended to be a pseudo-strategy game where you build a situational team out of 100+ supposedly unique characters and go for a specific win conidition? What's the point of any of it when you're forced to build the same team every time and use the same extract strategy to go for the win? Why even play? Why does it even exist?
>>
>>324188926

The thing is that riot can't balance the heroes properly, so there are always a handfull that are way too OP, and similar heroes to them do the same thing but with lesser dmg/heal/stun/lock values.

There is no diversity, so there is always one clear choice to pick over the rest.
>>
>>324188926
>originally intended to be a pseudo-strategy game where you build a situational team out of 100+ supposedly unique characters
dota 2 is like that, but most of the characters are the same in league
>>
>>324189214
Riot not balancing properly is actually on purpose.

They purposefully buff/nerf heroes in and out of favor to make the game appear balanced in LCS play.
>>
As much as I hate to admit it, things are probably better this way.

The amount of shit that gets thrown over roles in pre-game chat isn't worth it.
>>
>>324188118
Good. Changing the meta would be too toxic.
>>
What's wrong with choosing a preferred position? It doesn't effect your champ select. Better than "MID/TOP/ADC OR FEED"
>>
>>324188118
LoL's meta was always forced. Riot would go out of their way to squash problematic champions that didn't fit their mold.
>>
>>324190602
That was only after season 2. And that was also only because people like /v/ bitched about metagolems.
>>
>>324190482
try actually reading the posts in the thread
>>
>>324188926

The thing about league is that most of the champions in their role is pretty much the same but there is always 1 with the better numbers.
>>
The safespace meta is real.
Good luck finding a game when playing anything that isn't suport.
>>
>>324189628
This, countless games have been ruined by "IMAINZED" autolocking Zed mid and everyone else throwing a hissyfit. I can still do Ekko jungle right?
>>
>>324191247
Yeah I know, that's part of the problem
>>
>>324188118

Going off-meta in solo queue is a dick move. Play premades if you want to play cheesy bullshit.
>>
I dont know what jungle or mid or anything even means

dont people just run around doing whatever needs to be done
>>
>>324191974
lanes only matter until the first tower is down, after that you should be rotating
>>
Is LoL better or worse than HotS?
>>
>>324191404

Haven't played in months, but given that Riot constantly rebalances champs for being viable in roles they weren't envisioned for, I'm gonna say no.
>>
>>324191545
Fuck you nigger. That's the dumbest thing I have ever heard. I got reported for playing comps that I like. Excuse me if you can't handle that
>>
>>324192219
Been hearing a lot of people prefer HotS, though I'm not really hearing a reason.
>>
Oh hey I remember this thread from yesterday.

Still complaining about problems that don't exist, then. I wonder how long it'll take before you get bored.
>>
>>324191404
Yeah his W his good ganking tool.
>>
>>324192224

HoTS is heavily simplified and streamlined so you can play without constantly consulting guides in exchange for not having as much competitive depth (and it's not like LoL is a very deep game). Experience is shared in HoTS so it's possible to suck in the early game and still be relevant late-game as long as your team is carrying your dead weight. Also, HoTS doesn't have all-chat, so you don't get the guy every single game trash-talking his team like you do in LoL, and it generally makes the community appear less toxic.

Broadly speaking, HoTS is a more casual experience. While that's generally considered a bad thing by /v/, when you consider LoL's quality as a competitive game, it might be a better fit for ASSFAGGOTs.
>>
>>324188118
>forced meta

It's 3 lanes, a jungle, and support. There are NO games even in pro play where there's not at least one person in each lane and someone in the jungle. The final position just says "support" with no designation of where they belong.

This change was needed to stop trolls from throwing a tantrum.
>>
Not really
>Queue as a role
>Still pick whatever champ you want regardless of role
>>
>MOBAs will die in 5 years

god bless america
>>
>>324192224
Wtf are you talking about? They rarely do that and in the case of nidalee they've changed her to have MORE jungle utility.
>>
>>324192458
serves you right fuckface if u want to troll with fucking shit supports or 2 bruisers top then play normal
>>
>>324192508
I think I like it more than LoL because there's (albeit very limited) more micro characters and shit like the two headed ogre 2 characters control and le balanced panda man of barrel stunlocking.

Also the games are usually over by the time laning stage is ending in League.
>>
>>324192458

I'm not saying you should be reported, just that it's a dick move. You're basically telling your team that your need to be a special snowflake outweighs any consideration for them. It's just another drop in the bucket of selfish bastardry that is the LoL community, so it's just more typical shit though.
>>
>>324192828
This board loves licking Dota 2's ass despite being absolutely terrible since TI4.
>>
>>324191247
>>324188926
>>324189317
and the reason LoL champions have to be similar is because the game isn't fully f2p with all champions unlocked. Champions can't hard counter each other because it's an unfair situation to lose a game because you haven't purchased the right counterpick yet.

That's what makes DotA2 more dynamic, and keeps Oracle from just being baddazzle, or Lion as badlina

Overwatch also decided to make all characters, current and future free because of this issue
>>
>>324188253
they have built that reality though
>>
>>324193036

So Ekko is still viable in jungle then?
>>
>>324193315
Lost Vikings alone is more fun than most of the champs in LoL
>>
Is it true that players got into trouble for picking non-meta heroes during tournaments?
>>
I fucking wanted this change 3 years ago, when LoL was still starting out and was half decent.

Now it's a pile of steaming, decayed shit and no change makes it worth playing.

RIP Dawngate.
>>
>>324193464
they may get in trouble with their coaches or sth but nothing else
>>
>>324193464
Nobody would really care unless it's something the team didn't agree on
>>
File: currentwait.png (693 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
currentwait.png
693 KB, 1440x900
>be twitch main since season 1 or 2 or w/e
>go twitch top vs riven
>bot lane throws a hissy fit for me being a noob and feeds on purpose
>i go 4/0 top
>enemy wins because bot fed
>get demoted.
nice game riot. Seriously though the players are retards. they added it to where you need to lock in or the game is canceled but reading alert messages in the center of the screen is too difficult apparently.
>>
>>324193442
A lot of champs who can jungle so go ahead.
>>
>>324192818
I remember when I first started playing him, he was flexible. I could go mid, top,jungle, and support.
>>
>>324193464
There was one case where a guy who got into a ranked game with one of the big guys in Riot(Pendragon) and got banned in champion select because he was picked a champ out of the meta.

For a game like LoL they really should've done this the moment they started forcing a meta, but it's fucking retarded to have a forced meta in the first place.
>>
>>324193770

Not what I asked. Gonna take that as a no.
>>
>>324193442
He's still a piece of shit that can build full tank and jungle, yes
>>
>>324193464
No just today someone went top Graves, usually a ADC and rekt everyone.
>>
So I've never played LoL but have played lots of Dota.

I heard that the lanes are always the same, would any kind of lane composition just not work under any circumstances?
>>
>>324193369
that is actually not true
in high level plays certain champions in lol actually are mandatory it isn't as obvious as in dota 2 but it is still the case
>>
>>324188926

League is not the originator, so they don't know what the fuck they're doing.

Dota is though, that's why the meta is more organic from a patch-to-patch standpoint.
>>
>>324190803
Christ, no. Riot sequentially crushed every strategy until the game settled into what it is today, and once it did settle into what we have today, they went out of their way to not only give it their approval, but design heroes that would enforce that style, and they nerfed/buffed heroes that did or didn't.
>>
>>324193769
what elo are you?
that kind of shit only happens in low elo shitholes so basically everything below platin 1 and in diamond 5 4 3 2
>>
>>324193464
For the last game of one tournament, the players decided to all random and go mid mid for the last game and both teams got banned.
>>
>>324193927
others could work but are either worse (most) or situational
>>
>>324193937
I agree with you, you're kind of a joke if you say "I play support" and then don't own Thresh or Blitzcrank. I'm just saying there's in general, more homogeneity between champion abilities than there is in dota.

I can't wait for Defense of the Legends to come out, and then we can have a new version of DotA Allstars(there's a bit of irony there) with some of the better LoL champions added, maybe some of the heroes from HotS as well would be neat. Haven't played HotS in a longass time though, but Abathur would be cool.
>>
Short-term, this is good for the quality of matchmaking games. People automatically go into what they are good at or comfortable
Long-term, this leaves the game unable to break away from its set mold and will be very hard to change the mindset of players who are used to the current roles and setups.

Dota 2 just offers way more ways to setup, based on the heroes. The lanes fit the heroes, not the otherway around like League where heroes fit into set lanes. Aggro tri/defensive tri lanes used to be the shit, then we had roaming or duo roaming supports, then a pub-standard 2-1-2, and aggro trilanes seem to be coming back again.

Shit changes depending on heroes picked, and what is generally the flow of the game based on the patch.
>>
>>324193927
No because there are static objectives that continually respawn every few minutes.

It's like when the enemy team tries an early roshan, except there's no TP scrolls in LeL so if you're not nearby you're fucked.
>>
>>324194387

The more interesting ones in dota are where they just sack a lane entirely and try to focus on optimizing jungle farm and fucking up mid lane as much as possible.
>>
>>324188253
Riot has heavily tweaked the game to ensure the current role selection is left intact with no room for change since every unorthodox com position is nerfed if deemed too powerful, the current metagame evolution is not natural, but a Production of Riot's concious Effort to maintain a stable, stale metagame
>>
>>324194162

Well, they're 'technically' professionals.
>>
>>324194387
>Long-term, this leaves the game unable to break away from its set mold and will be very hard to change the mindset of players who are used to the current roles and setups.

Riot has repeatedly said they have no intention of breaking the meta because they want the game to be simple as a "spectator sport," by keeping the positions 100% static.
>>
>>324194517
Yeah sacking a lane because the offlaner you drafted can't work against the enemy lineup is something that would never happen in League. Or the offlander dies one time and the lane is impossible to survive in anymore so he has to leech or jungle as best as possible.
>>324194898
As a spectator esport those are the worst types of things.
>>
>>324193369

>Champions can't hardcounter each other in LoL

I don't think you know what you're talking about, bud. There are plenty of hardcounters in the game.

Out of all the valid criticisms in the world (f2p model and stale forced meta), you chose one that could be easily be debunked by putting Teemo vs most melee top laners.
>>
File: shut yo mouth.gif (1 MB, 394x297) Image search: [Google]
shut yo mouth.gif
1 MB, 394x297
>>324192886
>queue as a role
>still pick whatever champ you want regardless of role
>get reported for not choosing a champ in your chosen role
>get banned
>>
>>324193604
>people still think about Dawngate too
still hurts.
>>
Why do u even bother playing this shit game anymore
i played it from the start of season 1 till the end of season 5 and after season 3 it just kept getting worse with every champ released
all the changes they made just made the game more stale boring and less skill dependant
the only reason to play this shit game is if you really wanna go pro and get money but one thing be said it wont even be fun cause it really is like working a shit job without enjoying it
>>
>>324188118
>literally enforcing the meta

Disgusting.

I guess 14 year olds don't like change or unexpected lanes and picks.
>>
>>324194971
I think Lol and DotA are terrible as spectator esports, since unless you play the game you won't know what the fuck is going on and you're just gonna see flashy shit and multiple people dying simultaneously.
>>
>>324188118

so fucking what people would go with the usual assigned roles either fucking way and that will probably never change. now that everyone can always get their main roles the skill levels for ranked will go up, literally nothing else has changed.
>>
>>324195028
ye lets counter the lane matchup and be fucking useless in the whole rest of the game cause the champ just sucks
you must be silver or something to think like that
>>
>>324195034
>wanting to play against the meta in solo queue
yeah like that ever worked in the old system
get a team if you want to play 2-1-2
>>
>>324195224
I think Football and Basketball are terrible as spectator sports, since unless you play the game you won't know what the fuck is going on and you're just gonna see flashy shit and multiple people dying simultaneously.
>>
>>324188118
Am I the only one who enjoys the new champ select?
Now I can finally play 90% of my matches as GR and tit hydra Yi without having to fight for jungle every single time

also I feel like games became better due to everyone picking their best role instead of being forced into one that they can't play
the ratio of 0/7 mids by the 10 minutes mark definately decreased by a factor of 30
>>
>>324195317
I didn't say you should do it.

I was just responding to the person saying that if you wanted to not be forced into a meta you could just chose any champ and ignore your given role, when in reality that would likely lead to being punished.
>>
>>324195550
>flashy shit and multiple people dying simultaneously.

NBA allows handguns on the field now?
>>
>>324195625
although i agree with you i must say
underage pls go away
>>
>>324195634
well true but if you pick say, top, then you should really at least either pick something that can remotely fulfill this role or hardcounters the enemy top a lot (which in most cases would be another top champ anyway)

straight out picking support to get a faster queue and then going mid on the other hand is just retarded
>>
>>324195310

>Thinking Teemo sucks

Yeah, one of the single greatest splitpushing champions is useless. When your jungler can't camp top forever and your top laner only has a dorans shield and boots twenty minutes in with his towers dropping like flies, I'm sure you'd change your tune, bucko.
>>
>>324195550
While American football may have a bit of a learning curve of what is and isn't legal, you can more or less follow it. Basketball is incredibly simple in comparison to any videogame.

But when team fights happen in lol/dota and you don't know what all abilities there are in the game, it looks like a massive clusterfuck.
>>
>>324195146
I stopped a little before Illaoi was released. The game just got so boring I couldn't take it anymore. It sucks that so many good champs are wasted on this game.
>>
>>324195852
I'm sorry
getting pentakills while being half brain afk is just too tempting
>>
>>324192828
HotS has garbage matchmaking. It's entirely Blizzards fault to, because of the retarded role system.
>>
>>324195875
ye go play your fucking teemo against any real opponents and not low elo scrubs and we will see how good ur shit tier champ is
>>
>>324195979
if you atleast have fun playing then i guess its worth because having fun with league is near impossible
>>
I don't really blame them. they want the meta this way, or they're too stupid to know how to fix it. regardless, they're embracing it and it's a good solution.
>>
>>324196021

Splitpushing works in high elo and pro games, silly Dilly.
>>
>>324192508

more noteworthy characters, and you dont have to worry about itemization

ive played pretty much every moba. oddly, the blizzard one has the most chill community

Do you guys mind if I hang here? lolg in vg is a mess right now because of how that last game ended
>>
>>324196307
ye lets see you playing that shit against a korean mid tier team and fail miserably as you poke their inhib and they buttfuck your team get an inhib do baron regroup send someone with tp do def and fuck your team again to win the game retard
>>
>>324196324
Im here from that shitstorm too, this seems alot more chill and they actually talk about the game instead of 24/7 shitposters
>>
>>324196021
>ye go play your fucking teemo against any real opponents and not low elo scrubs and we will see how good ur shit tier champ is
>teemo is bad

Just because you don't like him, doesn't make him bad. You speak like someone who's never played against a high diamond/master/challenger Teemo who has constant kill pressure on you.
>>
>>324196324
my fucking god i never checked the league vg threads what horrible places
>>
>>324196782
what does constant kill pressure do for you if the enemy just plays smart and waits for teamfights to shine where teemo sucks
all the team has to do is group up and win
the only reason that wouldnt be possible if the enemy picked an even worse toplane champion
>>
It's sad but it was to be expected.
It was going that way for years now, so a last nail in the coffin won't change anything.
>>
>>324188118
>playing LEL
>playing ASSFAGGOTS

I don't know what you expected.

The whole point of ASSFAGGOTS now is to casualize the game as much as possible so everyone is playing it, and everyone is paying cash$ for renting in-game characters. Then they ban 30% of the playerbase and they have to buy all these things again.

What's the fucking point. This is like playing a version of counterstrike where I have to pay real-money for the AWP and the AK.
>>
>>324196994

>one hero generates enough pressure to force the enemies to group

I know nothing about league. Isn't that a good thing? Don't you want to keep the enemy team scared and grouped to limit their income?
>>
Does the "Best net worth at 15 min wins 90% of the time" still true?
>>
>>324197450
depends on the skill level of the team
so typically yes
>>
>>324196994

I know you're baiting but if you stomp your lane, you can also take over the enemy's jungle and get baron control. Teemo allows you to push and by the use of shrooms, it makes it difficult to chase withouth losing 1/2 of your HP. A fed teemo or any split pusher forces people top and can be a real headache to deal with if the enemy team isn't more fed than you.
>>
>>324197304
its a good thought but it just doesent work that way
if a team groups and it isnt some shit tier team comp or just not built for it then it forces the enemy team to defend themselves or lose vision jungle objective and lane control which results in them losing a lot of exp and gold
and if your team is just worse in a 5 on 5 fight you cant defend against them
>>
>>324195875
Teemo falls off really fucking hard mid game and beyond since he contributes nothing in teamfights unless the enemy team are retards and run into a billion shrooms.

Also, hard tops will outscale him late game such as Gnar and Darius, so Teemo can't even splitpush reliably.
>>
>>324197450
Nope. Its like 10m now. Maybe less.
>>
>>324197567
why would a teemo ever be fed
he may be ahead of his lane opponent but not ahead of his game if the opponent doesen play like shit and the opponent can then if he picked a good champ (which are sadly the real unfun ones) really turn the game in teamfights
thats what im trying to tell you
>>
>>324197304
>limit their income?
it's not like dota where someone can pick brood and be able to 1v3 and get out alive while farming their jungle(which is much more lucrative in dota as well) at the same time man
>>
File: 1428448501996.jpg (8 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1428448501996.jpg
8 KB, 184x184
>>324197780
Fuck, how?
>>
what prevents me from queueing as support and picking a carry?
>>
>>324197907
you getting reported and banned for it
>>
>>324188118
>Playing Mobas
>Playing the pay2win mobas
>>
>>324197658

I feel like all you're saying is that gankers don't shine against push strats or heavy team fight.

>>324197896

Ok, but putting multiple heroes together still lowers the team's net gold and experience income, right? You still get more from killing more shit, right?
>>
>>324197730
>useless in teamfights
>blind the adc for 2.5 seconds when hitting them for 1/2 of their HP in one Q
>>
>>324198114
im not talking heavy teamfight comps
im talking every team comp that is not completely useless in pushing and sieging which is pretty much everything played competitively
>>
>>324197901
Creeps, no I'm serious.

Early game is now almost entirely the full game, now. The snowball effect is more drastic and an early lead is basically late-game suicide as there is no coming back unless all your opponents go AFK at once.

Can't leave if your team sucks shit and falls behind within the first 30 minutes. You can get banned for that.
>>
>>324197907

It's literally a 100% rate of suspension or bans if even one of them reports you for it.
>>
File: tumro2.jpg (17 KB, 541x721) Image search: [Google]
tumro2.jpg
17 KB, 541x721
>>324188118
can someone explain to me the differences between roles in DOTA 2 and LoL ive never played LoL
>>
>>324198109

theres no pay to win though

runes cost game money
masteries are free

unless you mean the people who are too impatient to get champions and buy them with riot points.

We typically refer to those people as morons
if you're going professional you easily make enough IP to purchase all the champions you want with all the games it takes to make it to challenger
>>
why is lol such dogshit
>>
>>324197907
>>324197995
>>324198313
So wait, what's the fucking point of not restricting your pick if you queue as support?

Are they too stupid to set it that way?
>>
>>324198432
There's no clockwork
DOTA >>>>>>>>>>>>>> LeL
>>
>>324198241

>getting to the adc as teemo

are you bad
and/or
are the shitters you are playing with in bronze5 bad????
>>
>>324198241
>ADC builds a single MR item
>Teemo rendered useless

2.5s is pretty good, but if you put yourself that far ahead you're going to get instagibbed as Teemo.
>>
>>324198293
Shit, it's worse than I though.
>>
>>324198524
Because then they can ban you and force you to rebuy everything you bought.
>>
>>324192224
If that were the case Leona wouldn't be a support, Elise wouldn't be best at jungle, yasuo wouldn't be good top, Graves wouldn't be able to jungle. Brand wouldn't be the best support, Lulu wouldn't be in every lane, illaoi wouldn't be used as support, poppy wouldn't be a top/support/jungle

League is restrictive and it is pretty annoying, but not so restrictive that every champion is bound to one role and only one role
>>
>>324197901
Everyone gains gold faster. Stronger masteries. Minions become stronger when you are winning. A new objective in top so you can snowball your advantage even harder. In general, everyone hits their power spike in less time. They also nerfed the gold from ending killing sprees.
>>
>>324195875

>forcing your team into a 4v5 the entire game
>"BUT I RUN TELEPORT"
>teemo teleports in and does nothing

get out of bronze
>>
>>324198432
well i dont know too much about dota but i can tell you how it is in league
there are basically 5 roles
top, mid, jungle, adc, and support
top is mostly bruisers and tanks mid is mages and assasins jungle also bruiser and tanks adc are ranged carries and supports duh
the lanes are almost always the same altough in recent past they started lane switching so the supp and adc go top and top goes bot and things like that
nothing too big happening though
>>
>>324198293
Why the fuck won't Riot implement a requeue button? It would fix so many fucking problems. I'd rather move lobbies 3 times and getting a cooperative team than play for half an hour with whining children and hate my life.
>>
>>324198482
>What are IP boosts to get things faster
>What are advantages from having a bigger pool to play from instead of being constrained to being only able to play champions you buy
>>
Laughing
>>
>>324198241
Thats seems amazing until you realize how many characters can land better CC from a safer distance while dealing more damage.
>>
lol is gay

play dota 2, it's better
>>
LoL will always be a joke of a competitive game as long as the item system is like it is - where the most expensive item is also most slot efficient on a gold spent per stat basis.
For example a Longsword costs 350 gold and gives 10 damage.
BF Sword costs 1300 and gives 40.

You also cannot lose gold, making saving up for big items a non-risk factor.
This just increases the snowball rate where enemies with more gold can get strictly better items than you with less inventory space used.

In Dota, the reverse is true where a bunch of low tier shit will trump out the bigger version stat-to-cost wise, example band of elvenskin vs eaglesong.

Shitty as fuck design
>>
>>324198881
i agree but this is a league thread so fuck off vladimir
>>
>>324198659
This. Recently, Riot has been making champs a bit more versatile as you can see with Kindred and Graves, who both perform well in Jungle and ADC and I think Graves can actually do top as well.

We've also seen some unorthodox things over the years like Shen top/bottom and Lulu top/mid/bottom.
>>
>>324198746

most people "main" about 7 champions though
>>
>>324198936
wouldnt losing gold if you die make for even bigger snowball potential?
it would also allow for small comebacks but doesent that kind of defeat the purpose
>>
>>324198689
>That mentality
Literally every Nasus I play with.

>GUYS DON'T FIGHT WITHOUT ME
>GUYS WAIT I NEED TO FARM
>1000 STACKS BIG POWER SPIKE

Meanwhile, your team gets anal raped as the enemy forces 5v4s around the map and the Nasus cries, "Why are you guys fighting?"
>>
Pretty terrible change overall. At the very least I think they need to remove being able to queue with 3-5 people. I'd prefer they undo the whole thing, but enough casuals seem to like the role picking and new ban/pck phase that I doubt they'll change those.
>>
>>324198936

okay thanks don't you have a dota game to queue up for cya
>>
>>324199117
Killing the enemy carry and making him lose gold is a pretty big incentive to roam in Dota.
>>
>>324195875
>single greatest splitpushing champions
Bad waveclear, bad at bringing down towers compared to any character that scales off ad, bad at dueling, okayish at running away from ganks. People tell Teemo to splitpush because he is terrible at teamfights, not because he is particularly good at splitpushing.
>>
>>324199012
You are being closed minded about what a bigger pool means. If you are having trouble playing against a certain champion, it's great to have the ability to instantly play that champion a few times to better understand how to play against it. Having more options to learn or play is never a disadvantage
>>
>>324199185
I think the pick/ban is alright, i dont really like it but id almost take anything aside from the fucking 3-5 man que system
>>
>Can't play any characters that aren't in top tier games without being called a shit lord
>Get banned if you don't play the meta
>Get told what to do and how to play by everyone
>Can't even play the game you want and have fun
>Balls balancing half the time reworks make the character 20x better than intended
>Brag about having 100000000 champs but only 20 get played

Why do people play this again?
>>
>>324199124
The funny thing is that Nasus still blows lategame during teamfights if the enemy team is remotely good at peeling. He actually peaks towards the end of midgame if he had a good early, and never if he lost his lane.
>>
I don't mind picking which roles you want to be in because fuck ADC and fuck top

Fuck letting teams in solo queue. It should be only for one person. Duo queue needs to fuck off, teams should be forced into the team queue
>>
>>324198564
>>324198838

You're right, that's why Teemo is mainly a split pusher/lane bully. Good ones take over the entire top half of the map and threaten to take inhibitors if left alone. I have seen plenty of effective Teemos in my elo.
>>
>>324199434
you really won't get banned if you dont play meta aslong as you don't feed your ass off.
>>
>>324195875
>Teemo
>Greatest splitpushing champion

That would imply he has waveclear, which he doesn't. Unless you're counter-implying he should use his shrooms on waves, but then he loses a huge amount of his utility for chases/fights.
>>
>>324199434
>Can't play anyone that isn't top tier
Meanwhile fucking taric showed up several times in a recent lcs
>>
>>324198114
experience doesn't really matter because experience that's "shared" between more than 1 hero is increased as opposed to being split entirely down the middle. in addition the difference between champion levels at later stages of the game doesn't really matter that much, items are worth much more than levels. you can often see similarly geared characters who are 2 levels under another one be able to kill them
>>
>>324188118

LoL is designed around the 1 top, 1 mid, 2 bot, 1 jungle meta-game so this just makes it so trolls are far less common. Since the map in League is far smaller than Dota's, it makes it kind of hard to change the meta-game. There is more focus on action and the current set up compliments that. Anything else would just fuck it up.

Now whether you think that is bad or good is up to personal opinion. I like the directed meta-game of LoL so this new queue system is great. I could see how people who want more robust options would be upset by it. Maybe thsi is the push to switch to Dota 2.
>>
>>324199574
This

If you want to be a split pushing faggot then play tryndamere
>>
>>324199491
>in my elo.
in what elo may i ask
>>
>>324198659
>Leona
>the character who's passive is literally useless without someone else in her lane
>not designed as a support
>>
>>324198947
This is obsessively a "Reasons why DoTA2 is better than LoL" thread, so it might as well be.
>>
>>324199614

Taric has always been good.

>Targetable stun

Like no skill involved unless they changed it. I remember seeing him all the time. Granted I haven't watched it in a long time.

Everytime I watch it, it's just THRESH THRESH THRESH THRESH. Dude okay you have a fucking hook that takes no mana, you have a lantern thats a free flash. We get it, you're overpowered.
>>
>>324199740

I will say this, I'm a jungle main who've had to deal with Manco's shenanigans
>>
>>324188118
>its just accepting reality. Roles exist and 99.99% of the playerbase follow them anyway. This is a system that needed to exist for a long time in all honesty.

It would only be 100% forced if there was a limited champ pool for you based on the role you picked.

>I queue for jungle
>i can pick only rammus, amumu, shyvana, wk, udyr, etc champions who SHOULD jungle
>non-viable champs are unavailable

THAT would be forced roles. You're still free to call "support" or something then pick whatever champion like teleport backdoor yi
>>
>>324194338
>I can't wait for Defense of the Legends to come out

Too bad the guy works on it so fucking slow.
>>
>>324199698
>>324199698
>>324199698
This
>>
>>324199947
then please teach me how to play it desu senpai
i quit league and always looked at dota as a better game im too bad at
>>
>>324195998
Didn't they recently change it? Or is it still shit?
>>
>>324199947
I really wish League was run by a better company than Riot, I would probably play it if that were the case
>>
>>324199964
His targeted stun used to increase in length for its travel time. Now it's just a flat amount, I think increased when the ability is leveled up.

There are far better choices to pick as support. It's why he's getting a rework, he's shit
>>
>>324199964
Problem with Taric is that new supports outclass him. In the old days he was strong because he had a braindead stun, but now when you have supports that can AoE stun, heal, grab/hook, AoE slow - WHATEVER - Taric falls really far behind.

The rest of his kit is nothing special either since he does like no damage, his heal is mediocre, and he can't even tank effectively.
>>
>>324199442

Nasus is either a raid boss or complete trash. Usually the latter
>>
>>324198482
>there's no pay to win though
>people who pay for advantages are just stoopid

>>324199012
>you don't need all the champs!

never gets old.
>>
"Everything can work"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZobqKSSGPw
>>
so do I get banned if I pick something that isn't popular in the current meta?
>>
>>324199117
you only lose unreliable gold in dota, so passive and creep gold. everything else is always yours except for the gold related skills of 2 heroes
>>
>>324199189
>everyone who criticizes muh LoL is a dotard
great rebuttal, sure showed him
>>
>>324200219
>>324200234

But lets be honest here, being that fabulous is a buff in itself.

Riot seems to do a good job killing off their old characters by making new ones that are better.
>>
>>324200356
No, even if you did and you gave the enemy kills over and over and over you'd get reported for it anyway.
>>
>>324200428
Most of their new champions aren't that great. Illaoi is fucking garbage outside of low rank stomps
>>
>>324198432
lanes are fixed. There's always an offlaner top, a jungler, a mid nuker and a support + ranged carry bottom. There are no melee carries, because turnrates.
>>
File: 1451142521872.jpg (33 KB, 500x417) Image search: [Google]
1451142521872.jpg
33 KB, 500x417
>>324200319
>That 5man blademail
Holy shit
>>
im honestly suprised that people still play this game in the year 2016

I even tried to play again a couple weeks ago and had to stop after a couple of games because how how slow everything was.
>>
>>324200356
Contrary to popular belief, it's really fucking hard to get banned these days, at least in NA. You can pick off-meta every game and feed 0-15 but the worse that would happen is you'd get penalties to your MMR/IP gain.

As long as you don't make it obvious you're trolling by saying something like
>I'm here to feed
You won't get banned.

In KR, there's actually no reporting system and no bans take place either.
>>
>>324200635
Morde was popular bot for awhile, but he did a fuckton of damage
>>
>>324200428
>>324200608
Also Mundo is one of the most banned champions in the game currently. He's one of the strongest tops
>>
>>324200074
I don't play much DoTA-Likes anymore, and when I do I play LoL, but this is the guide I was told to use when I first tried DoTA2: https://purgegamers.true.io/purge/welcome-to-dota-you-suck/
>>
>>324200608

Tahm, Kindred and Rek'Sai are really fucking good right now though.
>>
>>324189214
Plus the blatent power creep so that people buy skins for new OP heroes.

And when they make new skins for old characters? They suddenly decide to buff/break them to boost sales.
>>
>>324200428
>Riot seems to do a good job killing off their old characters by making new ones that are better.
It's 50/50.

Sometimes you get a new champ that is better in every way than most old champs like Thresh.

Other times you get completely useless as shit champs like Illaoi.

Old champions also frequently get reworks/rebalances to make them viable, if not competitive, then for solo queue like Tristana and Garen.
>>
>>324200635
Aren't tryndamere, Jax and Poopy supposed to be melee carries? Emphasis on the "supposed to be." I remember a time when Jax was actually really strong and people complained so he got nerfed to oblivion.
>>
>>324188118
Why do people even play assfaggots?
Fighting games are superior in every way
>>
File: MDelEd9.jpg (104 KB, 508x756) Image search: [Google]
MDelEd9.jpg
104 KB, 508x756
>>324194527
better than dota's rollercoaster of retardation
>>
>>324201001
Jax is still really strong to certain counter picks.
Poppy is a huge pubstomp right now and is in a healthy spot in competitive play.
>>
>>324201017
/v/ is scrublord central when it comes to fighting games
actually that probably explains why so many of them play assfaggots
>>
>>324201001
>yeah, but they don't get to be on the "carry lane" they go top or jungle
>>
File: 1396814190346.jpg (256 KB, 1600x997) Image search: [Google]
1396814190346.jpg
256 KB, 1600x997
how the hell do i pick a champion.
i got about 6500 IP, enough for anyone.
I cannot jungle for shit, i hate it.

I do ok with Tristana. Ive been doing ok with Poppy. Ive been thinking about getting Elise.
I bought Vi and sorta liked her until everyone told me she was supposed to jungle.

Im scared of wasting my IP. Wish this game had a practise mode where anyone is available like smite. or a rent system, like smite.
>>
>>324201017
same reason people played all those RPG custom games in Warcraft 3 and Brood War.

Think of it like playing a 20-60 minute ARPG where there's so many combinations and strategies available, that those are what make the game have actual replay value. Multiplayer (not for pubs but with friends) is just icing on the cake.

LoL kinda shits over the entire recipe for the genre by forcing a metagame though, since the original point was having so many different ways to play the game.
>>
>>324201438
can you aim skill shots?
>>
>expecting a game balanced by the frost mage man himself to have even a semblance of good design
>>
>>324189426
how should they balance a game with over 100 champs, there will be always a champ better than another one at something which is important in the current patch
>>
There's really no reason for runes to still cost IP at this point.
>>
>>324188118
so how do games even fill since everyone picks ad carry or ap mid?
>>
>>324201120
Not really.
>>
>>324201438
Yeah I don't get why League doesn't have at least a practice mode, let alone a trial period for champions. What lanes do you like playing (I assume you're not fond of jungle) and what sort of role do you like best (tanks, assassins, etc)? I might be able to recommend you something.
>>
>>324201562
20 minute queues for anything that isn't support
>>
I didn't play lol for half a year or something, I was a top main but also liked jungle, did the game get any more fun on those both roles?
>>
>>324201628
Yeah it's just my opinion, but people like to pretend that one game has it better than the other when both are fucked.
>>
>>324201562
>ad carry
>ap mid
Nobody likes them now because all the popular junglers and ad mids like zed/talon can delete them in seconds due to thunderlords
>>
>>324201681
Im pretty sure when talked about with a sandbox mode, riot lyte (whose pretty much been aiding in shitting up the game latley.) Said it would promote "toxicity"
>>
File: brostormlol.png (43 KB, 244x239) Image search: [Google]
brostormlol.png
43 KB, 244x239
>>324201538
>>
>>324188118
Who cares? Any serious gamer will follow the meta of whatever game they are playing, and the fact that there are scrubs out there that believe they outsmarted the top 0.1% that created the meta are laughable.
>>
>>324201814
ad mid? Have i gone back to season 1? wtf

ive been gone a long time.
>>
File: 1451686853845.jpg (287 KB, 1280x1143) Image search: [Google]
1451686853845.jpg
287 KB, 1280x1143
>>324201120
its funny because the major tournament played during the patch that picture is referring too only had 1 hero not picked/banned and only 1 hero was picked/banned only once

has LoL ever had a tournament where at least 70% of its pool was picked/banned at least 1 time?
>>
>>324201536
Well enough, im not scared of getting better at that though.
>>324201681
dont really like jungle at all. i dont mind which lane really. from my experience so far i seem to get fucked in mid though.
>>
>>324200903
Those champs outclass like half the roster in every way. I just dont see a reason to pick a tanky jungler that isnt Rek'Sai unless you are picking rammus into a full AD team.
>>
>>324201801
One game is at least completely free so it doesn't matter. It's not like you pay money for a hero and then they are nerfed to the ground making them completely worthless.
>>
>>324201553
the only reason there ever was is to use them as a IP sink. Terrible mechanic, they don't make you feel like you made a good choice by having the right page, you just feel like you're fighting a lost battle if you don't.
>>
File: 20151004_215800.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20151004_215800.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>324200635
really.. jesus lol
>>
Finally a lol thread with no Futa/waifu posting ffs
>>
>>324201681
this is why they arnt adding sandbox mode:

We’ve heard a number of player requests for a Sandbox Mode, with two main reasons: the first is trying out new content – which is something we value too. We want players to know what they’re getting and to be happy with the things they’re unlocking (we may investigate other ways to do this). The second is that players want to practice very specific skills without the constraints of a regular game. For this point, our stance is that sandbox mode is not the way to go. We want to make sure we’re clear: playing games of League of Legends should be the unequivocal best way for a player to improve. While there are very real skills one can develop in a hyperbolic time chamber, we never want that to be an expectation added onto an already high barrier to entry. On an individual level, we know this isn’t always true – some just want a space to practice flashing over walls without having to wait at least 3.6 minutes in between – but when that benefit is weighed against the risk of Sandbox mode ‘grinding’ becoming an expectation, we just can’t accept the tradeoff. We never want to see a day when a player wants to improve at League and their first obligation is to hop into a Sandbox. We do want to support your ability to grow in mastery, and there may be other avenues to do so, but not this.
>>
>>324201769
if you like tanks yes
if no youre fuck
>>
>>324202163
Rek'Sai is not actually inherently tanky at all, she's just built that way because she doesn't scale with anything and exists almost purely for objective control. She's worse than Lee Sin when it comes to late game scaling, what does that tell you?
>>
>>324201001
Poppy is a tank now. She gets outdamaged by minions.
>>
File: 1448454118586.png (189 KB, 500x531) Image search: [Google]
1448454118586.png
189 KB, 500x531
>Koreans dominate the pinnacle of competitive video games, Brood War

>Japs dominate Street Fighter, a fighting game that takes skill
>Amerifats dominate Smash Brothers, a childrens party game

>Koreans dominate League of Legends
>Amerifats dominate DotA2

Think about that for a second.
>>
>>324202468
??? poppy will SHIT on people they reworked her she's worth picking now
>>
>>324202408
holy fuck riot is so retarded and greedy
>>
>>324201326
Then clearly you're a shitter who's never played melee bot
>>
>>324202442
Nothing because neither of them contribute to teamfights with damage unless you got fed.
>>
>>324201538
Literally what is wrong with this?
>>
>>324202468
>She gets out damaged by minions
Nah, she shits out damage and is naturally tanky even without tank items.

She's one of the strongest 1v1 duelists in the game.
>>
File: 1436397672324.jpg (45 KB, 577x622) Image search: [Google]
1436397672324.jpg
45 KB, 577x622
>>324202519
>Amerifats dominate DotA2
>>
>>324201880
>>324202408
Yeah every time Riot opens their mouths I'm left with the impression that they're run by idiots, manginas, jews, or a combination of the three. Come to think of it I haven't played in months, the game holds no interest for me anymore unless I'm playing with friends (which is extremely rare these days).

>>324202097
I hate mid as well, can't seem to figure that shit out. Jungle and support are my two best but I dabble in top a bit. Gnar and Darius are both solid top lanes, and Thresh and Leona are my go-to supports. If you have a change of heart and decide to give jungle a try, Vi is one of my favorites, but I also like Skarner despite his slow decline after Riot made him buttfuck-retardedly OP and then decided to ruin all the fun. Support might be a good thing to try out, it can actually be a lot of fun if you play a kill-lane with somebody like Leo. If you're set on climbing, spamming Leo can easily get you to gold because nobody respects her engage power. Whatever you pick, good luck to ya anon.
>>
File: 1447299213300.png (81 KB, 420x390) Image search: [Google]
1447299213300.png
81 KB, 420x390
>>324202519
>the pinnacle of competitive video games, Brood War
>>
>>324202408
AHAHAHAHAH

What a bunch of retards.
>>
>>324202519
Americans only have 1 good dota team, the rest of their scene is behind euros, slavs, and china. that isnt domination
>>
File: pixiv53439475_0.jpg (270 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
pixiv53439475_0.jpg
270 KB, 800x800
>>324188118
Can I use Japanese voices in the live client yet?
>>
>>324202674
Who won TI5 anon?
>>
>>324202728
After they hired Lyte League really started going to shit, i dont think most people or even Riot notices it themselves.
>>
>>324188926
>intended to be a pseudo-strategy game where you build a situational team out of 100+ supposedly unique characters and go for a specific win conidition
This could never have been the goal because there will always be one way that will be more efficient than all the others.
>>
>>324202632
that's outside the heavily enforced meta. It's not like I never went bottom lane Kassadin tough.
>>
>>324202519
The majority of Dota2's top players are chinks though
>>
>>324202237
It doesn't matter, period. If you're the kind of mouthbreathing shitter who gets screwed over because you paid real money to play a character in LoL, then you're a useless fuck who can play anything and still be worthless.
>>
>>324202810
Tell that to Dota2
>>
>>324202728
i mean atleast you can do ranked with all your friends now.
>>
>>324202650

Not true, lee has one of the best initiations in the game(if pulled off correctly). His sole purpose isn't to just do damage, but it does help.

Rek'Sai has a knock up....lol
>>
>>324201538
when drafting a hero with strong counters in dota (like WK) you either draft him last or ban his counters because you have 5 bans and not fucking 3
>>
>>324202827
So stop listening to idiots.
>>
>>324188118
>he didn't leave after the shitfest that was S4
It's your own damn fault for staying, desu.
>>
>>324203016
Riot themselves are the biggest of all idiots, then.
>>
File: 1451526026251.png (60 KB, 782x522) Image search: [Google]
1451526026251.png
60 KB, 782x522
>>324202654
They are keeping champion power weak and design generic because they dont want counterpicking to be a major thing in LoL. They literally believe that their playerbase is too stupid to learn something new and so intentionally keep the game easy to play. Its downright condescending

If I played LoL I would be fucking furious at them
>>
>>324202843
>Majority
Doesnt mean shit if they arent winning.
>>
>>324202949
You always could. Just not in solo queue
>>
>>324203095
Riot isnt forcing the meta, its low rank shitters who only follow a select path and think its law.

Riot is retarded tho
>>
>>324203115
Are you retarded? How do you think they became top Dota 2 players
>>
>>324203207
Yeah but nobody liked ranked 5s aparantly. and Lytes little shitfest made soloq not matter anymore which was really the only good thing about league as a whole.
>>
how does this affect autolocking in normal all pick?
>>
>>324203106
But why should games ever be decided 15+ minutes before they're actually over?
>>
File: Beta Jax.jpg (8 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
Beta Jax.jpg
8 KB, 184x184
Rip League of Legends.

I played during beta and got the hell out in time.
>>
>>324203218
>Riot isnt forcing the meta
Just stop.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 61

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.