[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
XV Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 20
File: 1449124927641.png (806 KB, 1280x633) Image search: [Google]
1449124927641.png
806 KB, 1280x633
So with a rough "summer" release window are you looking forward to it?
Thoughts on the voice actors/combat/characters/story/art style/lore/and maybe more importantly how XV-kun got to this point in his life

Also im 99% sure Gideon fucking Emery is voicing Ignis ot am i wrong
>>
anticipating it. not high hopes, but at the very least it'll make for an inteeresting spectacle.
>>
>>324002529
>Thoughts on the voice actors
They're all good, but Gladio sounds too macho and Ignis sounds too posh.

>Combat
It's great.

>Characters
They're fun. Who knows how much depth they actually have, but they have a lot of banter, and that's cool.

>story
Versus XIII sounded better.

>art style
It's cool

>lore
Who knows

>XV-kun
Who cares.
>>
>>324002529
Haven't been keeping up with this game. Can I have an infodump about the current state of the story? Is the XVfag around?
>>
>>324002529
Even if this somehow makes it to PC, if it's Steam only then I'm still not buying.
>>
>>324002529

The only thing about this game I care about is my hope that he dies of a heart attack before he gets to play it. It's sad and petty.
>>
>Summer 2016

Unlikely. We'd have a release date and marketing by now.
>>
>>324004946
They've been pushing the shit out of the game since late 2014.
>>
>>324004946
Tabata said the game will come out in 2016.
>>
>>324003138
>>Characters
>They're fun. Who knows how much depth they actually have, but they have a lot of banter, and that's cool.

That part of it honestly looks really good to me from the demo. I don't dig how the combat looks but those guys seem like good bros on an adventure and how they interact seems kind of cool. I almost want to just get it for that. I almost want to kill myself for saying I want to buy a game for pretend friends too, so there's that.
>>
File: 1426659965622 (1).jpg (924 KB, 1365x1276) Image search: [Google]
1426659965622 (1).jpg
924 KB, 1365x1276
I wonder how many summons we get in the final game
>>
>>324002529
whoever did this is a fucking champion. It looks real as shit.
>>
>>324002529
>Also im 99% sure Gideon fucking Emery is voicing Ignis ot am i wrong

I think so too it sounds like him

Hyped for the game
>>
>>324004946
The release date is being revealed in March with a dedicated event for FFXV, it's already confirmed for 2016 and hinted to be Summer 2016
>>
>>324007296
Gyshal Greens arent just for chocobos anon
>>
>>324003249
Don't summon him, mate.

The story I think remains broadly the same, but I'm sure there quite a few biiig changes that we don't and probably won't know about.

It seems like the beginning of the game is changed, with the gang out of Lucis, apparently, while the invasion takes place. Stella is now Luna, a trident-wielding oracle or something like that.

I hope someday they release the Ultimania guide of this with info of what was changed and whatnot.
>>
>>324005698
Not just him. Everyone from the SE execs to the composers have said so. The game is in beta now (going into the debugging phase), so it's practically done.
>>
So, do you think there will be more than just one alternative outfit? I say one because I THINK Tabata said that there was one in the main game already.

Hopefully they don't jew around like in fucking Tales of, I want at least two or three nice alternative outfits for the lads.
>>
>>324008716
Not just "broadly" the same; as far as we know it's 95% the same thing. Just compare the early FFX for example (a tale about some plumber meeting a nurse who wants to stop an epidemic that kills people on their 17th birthday) and the Versus/XV premise. Despite it's unusually long pre-reproduction, it's somehow managed to change less than most FFs did.
>>
>>324008812
IIRC there's at least one different outfit (probably plot-related). but they wanted to put in some optional ones too. Wonder if there might be some rights/licensing issues because of the Roen involvement.
>>
>>324009119
*its
>>
>>324009119
I mean, yeah, but we don't know more than what they've shown us. For all we know, there could have been big changes (character's deaths, actions, removals, new events...) But speculating about this is useless, we don't have the info for that.

Although you got a point: as far as I know, VII, IX and X were VASTLY different to the final thing (with the whole New York thing in VII, IX being a spin-off and X as a different IP called "Seventeen" iirc).

It just so happened that this game has had a longer and much more public pre-development AND development. I'm still very dissapointed with certain things (namely the character swtiching mechanic), but still hyped and curious as fuck.
>>
>game announced before I graduated middle school
>will be out just in time for me to start grad school and not have time to play it

Thanks Square
>>
>>324008812
>>324009259
Hopefully we'll get shit like Noctis' original outfit. I think his current one is cool (could do with a normal-length jacket and full trousers, though) and better than the old one (which was too KH-ish), but I'd LOVE to see current Noctis with it.

So, when is this month's event? I want to see magic in action and Niflheim.
>>
>>324003249
it's pretty much the same just some of the intro details were modified and one character changed into a slightly different character
>>
>>324008812
They confirmed there will be more added on later

You're right there is already one in the game already for each character
>>
>>324009391
That's true. I'd say the game is also now longer than it was supposed to be. Originally, it seemed like it'd end after retrieving the crystal and the consequences would be left for the sequels, but now we know Noctis actually takes the throne and accomplishes shit as a king.

>>324009886
The original outfit was just a placeholder, so I doubt we'll ever see it again. But who knows.
>So, when is this month's event?
End of January. FFXV will be at the Taipei Game Show with an hour long presentation on January 31st, so I'm guessing that might be our ATR.
>>
Tabata is confirmed to be at Taipei Game Show on January 31st as part of Sony's thing, he will be doing a 1 hour FFXV presentation, I think the January ATR is on this day, they did an ATR at Taipei Game Show last year too

https://asia.playstation.com/tw/cht/newsdetail?id=4188&cid=tw-cht_facebook_TPGS_S_160114
>>
>>324010732
Yeah they did say that Versus originally was going to be multiple games, they were probably shorter games than usual tho

That leads me to believe that Versus story would justbe Noctis going to Niflheim to get the crystal back and it ends when he does and he is crowned king

The second and third game would be Noctis as king dealing with the plague and other shit like his rapid aging

Then when they turned Versus into XV they condensed Versus and the sequels into one single game, and Tabata had said multiple times that XV is a much bigger game than Versus was while still having the core of Versus in it
>>
>>324010971
Whats this about a plague? First time hearing this
>>
>>324011720
Plague of the stars, a plague that is making the nights longer, decaying the earth plunging the world into a perpetual night

Years ago Nomura mentioned that most of Versus takes place at Night time, now we know why

It also explains why we saw a bunch of decaying wastelands in the older trailers
>>
>>324011818
Oh, I remember in the TGS 2014 trailer a scene where the sky was red. So it's probably that.

I'm loving the lore of this world so far.
>>
>>324011720
Back when it was Versus, Nomura once said that their world was dying and that nighttime would play an important role, but he didn't elaborate why. In XV, the world is slowly wasting away and the nights are gradually getting longer. That is called the Plague of the Stars. And according to Tabata, the nights will get longer as the game progresses, which will affect the in-game day-night cycle, monster appearances and so on.
>>
File: 1438783240482.jpg (189 KB, 951x593) Image search: [Google]
1438783240482.jpg
189 KB, 951x593
>>324011818
In the new concept art too. The former Lucis territory is a wasteland now.
>>
>>324011818
Well shit and i thought i was on top of this stuff, thanks anon
Sounds like a dark souls set up
>>
File: FFXV-Lucil-Region-artwork.jpg (994 KB, 1095x770) Image search: [Google]
FFXV-Lucil-Region-artwork.jpg
994 KB, 1095x770
>>324012310
Yeah even Lucil is a canyon wasteland area
>>
File: 1438960201861.jpg (474 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1438960201861.jpg
474 KB, 1024x576
>>324012310
Wonder if the Lucis crystal drained the land the same way it drains its users. Lucis used to be a normal country, but now it's mostly desert.
>>
>>324012571
They mentioned that Lucis used to have control of more lands extending outside of Lucis but that eventually Niflheim took control of them during the war, to the point where that enclosed square space within the walls is all that is left of Lucis's dominance.
>>
>>324012773
Yeah, but that doesn't explain the environmental devastation. Niflheim conquered Tenebrae, Accordo, and a ton of other territories, but they're all doing fine.
>>
>>324012956
We haven't really seen much of those kingdoms, and well Niflheim probably has ways of supporting them which is why they haven't collapsed either

Plus Lestallum is extracting energy from Astral Shards for that to be a new energy source
>>
File: uwot.jpg (23 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
uwot.jpg
23 KB, 540x960
I keep mistaking Noctis for Gladio during combat.

They've both got gruff voices.
>>
>>324012956
Maybe the area was always a wasteland? What if the crystal is creating something akin to an oasis or paradise in the middle of such a harsh and almost uninhabitable environment? It would make a lot more sense considering how sought after the crystal is.
>>
>>324013504
I did at first but got used to them, I just stick with playing it with the JP voices though

I don't know who Noctis's Eng VA is but I'm sure Gladio's is Matt Mercer, Ignis is Gideon Emery and I'm 100% certain that Prompto is Robbie Daymond.
>>
I just want to see fucking Altissia in action. They recently said it's a very big city, hopefully they're saying the truth AND there are quite a few things to do and see.

Cities and all that is the thing I've been most hyped about with this game for fucking ten years. Both because I really missed them in FF (XII was pretty nice in that regard, though) and because XV's look gorgeous.

How many do you think there'll be? I'm counting on Altissia, maybe a liiiitle chunk of Insomnia, Lestallum and probably a couple more of big cities and then small settlements.
>>
File: ffxvscreenshot.jpg (63 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
ffxvscreenshot.jpg
63 KB, 600x800
>>324013926
Oh, forgot about pic related.

I fucking love these kinds of tropical resorts.
>>
>>324013926
Lucis with Insomnia, Accordo with Altissia, Tenebrae, Niflheim and Solheim are the major kingdoms and cities.

We only know the names of two of the regions, Lucil and Duscae so far, Lucil which we've only seen concept art of here >>324012427, and I'm pretty sure that gas station we saw in 2010 with Noctis is in Lucil

For Duscae region we know Lestallum is one of the bigger towns in Duscae, the demo itself takes place nearby Lestallum in an area called Alstor and the party are heading to Cauthess.

And we only know the names of two other towns being Leide and Cleigne while there will be smaller towns, and then outposts like gas stations, chocobo posts and stuff are probably the smallest places with population

The map we saw shows at least 11 cities/towns on it thoughs.
>>
>>324014047
>tfw the only tropical resort in FFVII was destroyed meaning no more comfy lifestream onsen
I can only hope this new location in FFXV doesn't suffer the same fate.
>>
>>324013893
I think i heard somewhere noctis is voiced by Quinton Flynn, the guy who does MGS Raiden, but to me Gladio sounds more like Travis Willingham
>>
>>324015721
I would have figured Quinton Flynn would be doing the red haired guy since Keiji Fujiwara is doing his Japanese voice.

What if Noctis actually is Christian Bale
>>
Now that you're talking about voice actors, why does Ignis speak in an English accent?

Tabata said he was from a different part of the world compared to the rest, no? But wasn't it Prompto the foreign one before (which would be more fitting since he's blond and uses guns)?

I would have liked British accents for the Lucis people and then play around with different accents for different countries.
>>
>>324016259
Yes Ignis was from a foreign kingdom and and is an aristocrat in Lucis, his family is part of the Lucis royal circle and he's been around Noctis since they were really young but Ignis had a special education, which is where he probably picked up that accent.

Prompto is low class and they stated Noctis meets him during their schooldays, and he is an outsider to the Lucis royal circle
>>
>>324002529

Japanese? Not bad. Engrish? Hope they'll improve their acting

>Combat
Based on the demo - huge potential, but overall very lackluster. We'll see how the next ATR turns out.

>Characters
Not sure yet. I dislike Prompto though

>Story
The premise is interesting, however I'm not sure how it will turn out with Dissidia script writer being in charge

>art style
I like it

>lore
Alienated itself from FFXIII, which is great.

>how XV-kun got to this point in his life
He's lusting for Tabata's dick, that's how.
>>
got my hands on the demo recently

loving the banter
>>
>>324016259
Prompto's guns are conjured by Noctis anyway, and he uses guns himself even thought it's literally haram for him. And Prompto's spent most of his life in Insomnia as a Lucian pleb, so I wouldn't expect him to have any real accent.
>>
>>324016564
Why was poor white trash like Prompto going to the same school as Lucian royalty?

Is the public education in Lucis just that good?
>>
>>324017034
I think it's more that Noctis doesn't consider there to be barriers between high ahd low class which is why he's friends with Prompto in the first place and also dresses different than all the other royalty
>>
I hope they show a final-combat overview trailer soon.

I'd like to see button mapping for magic, weapon switching etc.
>>
Where is Gentiana Genitalia? They can't keep hiding her from us, it's not right.
>>
>>324017241
ATR will cover that most likely.
90% it will be on the 31st of January on that event Sony is organizing
>>
>>324017287
They said a major part of her character is that she is mysterious, even within the story.
>>
>>324017241
They're showing magic, apparently, this month (probably late January), and the teaser image had the new HUD and all that, so maybe they'll acompany magic with some bit of pure action.

But I wouldn't expect it until the big blowout in March.
>>
File: CYw3SN9WwAEix5A.jpg orig.jpg (226 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
CYw3SN9WwAEix5A.jpg orig.jpg
226 KB, 900x1200
Looks like there is some unseen XV poster on the wall that she's in front of.
>>
>>324013558
Could be, though if the Lucil region was always so shit, then there wouldn't be much point in fighting over it; Lucis could have become a simple city-state straight away. It's also odd that the last "blessed" crystal state has seemingly the worst environment.
>>
>>324017150
No I mean, how did they even meet? Their social circles wouldn't normally overlap. At all.
>>
>>324017683
Maybe Noctis decided to go to public school, or maybe Prompto managed to get into an expensive school somwhow
>>
>>324017332
>on the 31st of January on that event Sony is organizing
Sauce please, this is the first I'm hearing of this
>>
>>324017795
Here >>324010785
>>
File: 1451838453335.png (202 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1451838453335.png
202 KB, 480x480
Imagine Gladio and Noctis forcing Prompto to suck them off while Ignis stands by and gives tactical advice.
>>
>>324017034
In Saudi Arabia there are "public" schools that were originally created for the royal children, but they also admit normal people; you can be a pleb and attend the same class as a prince. Granted, KSA has a ton of princes, but still.
>>
>>324014474
What are you talking about? Costa Del Sol was still there.
>>
>>324018051
>Costal Del Sol
>tropical resort
Fuck off kid, that's a beach resort through and through.
>>
>>324018154
What's the difference?
>>
>>324017535

ooh
>>
>>324018498
Costal Del Sol is a coastal resort on the western continent. It's not in a tropical zone you fuck.
>>
>>324018154
>>324018583
Costa*
my bad
>>
>>324017934
thats pretty gay but I'm a fag so please continue
>>
>>324017535
>Tabata's days are very busy, so scheduling can be a challenge. Behold another poor member of the art staff, wandering the offices and searching for the missing director. His desk is there, but the man himself isn't.
Kek.
>>
File: 1434054350949.jpg (59 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1434054350949.jpg
59 KB, 1024x576
>>324017934
>Implying Prompto isn't fucking everybody
>>
>>324017535

Is this from their Twitter?
>>
>>324019758
Yeh
>>
Honestly, I am extremely hyped.

I am trying not to get unrealistic expectations but after the demo, and all of the news and information released after it - I can't help but be excited. I feel like this game has so much potential and I want it to be good. It NEEDS to honestly, people have been waiting way to long for this.
>>
How does dying even work in this game? I watched a bit of the demo on youtube and I kept seeing Noctis and his party going below 0 HP multiple times and he never died.
>>
>>324024112
Entire party at 0 HP, just like other FF games.
>>
>>324024202
But I think I did saw the entire party going 0 HP. And then he used that wizard summon to kill off everything.
>>
>>324002529
>Gideon fucking Emery
Which would be weird to me since it sounds like whoever is playing Ignis is trying to force it.
>>
>>324024579
Noctis has two health bars: normal and red. When his normal HP drops to zero, he becomes slow and crippled and basically can't do shit until he heals. While he's in this state, his red HP decreases and this bar can't be refilled until you camp or rest. When his red HP drops to zero, it's game over.
>>
>>324019173
I believe it. Every time Tabata appears in public he looks like he hasn't slept in a week.
>>
File: Delicious knight girl.jpg (159 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Delicious knight girl.jpg
159 KB, 1920x1080
>>324002529
Japanese voices are always perfect

>Combat
Know one know yet, they most likely changed everything

>Characters
I like them. Full men/girl team were always much better than 3 guy and one out of place girl, always hated this kind of bullshit, it's generic as hell

>story
Motherfuckers changed the awesome Yakuza dad

>art style
Look less edgy than Versus, not sure if it's a good thing.

>lore
??

>XV-kun
Literally who
Also movie when? That was a fucking fake?
>>
>>324026435
Yakuza dad and Noctis have Solid Snake syndrome. It's still the same guy.
>>
>>324026094
In the early 2015 Polygon interview he mentioned he's sleeping about 3 hours a day. He joked that he "wouldn't really recommend developing games at Square Enix much. We don't sleep."
>>
File: vomit out of 10.jpg (211 KB, 600x922) Image search: [Google]
vomit out of 10.jpg
211 KB, 600x922
>Cindy talks like a redneck in the English version

Nope. Switched to the original voices the moment I heard that shit.
>>
>>324026435
>Also movie when? That was a fucking fake?
It was just some chink rumor. Fake until proven otherwise.
>>
File: cindy02-700x394.jpg (59 KB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
cindy02-700x394.jpg
59 KB, 700x394
>>324026836
But anon, Cindy IS a redneck.

She's Daisy Duke in even shorter-shorts.

Which is awesome.
>>
File: 1.jpg (56 KB, 405x597) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
56 KB, 405x597
>>324026836
Just take a look at her anon. She is a purebred, white trash, southern belle slut. Anything but redneck accent is wrong.

I don't care for Noct and Ignis in English, but I'm still using the dub, because anything but Southern Americana for Cidney is criminal.
>>
>>324026836
Her entire character was made to be voiced by a redneck accent in the English version, Japan obviously doesn't have rednecks
>>
>>324027306
>dat midrif
I want my semen running that riff.
>>
>>324027553
I think they had said at some point when someone pointed out that Noctis sounded really similar that they were gonna work on the voice direction in the English version. I'll make a call after that.
>>
File: 23509s.png (39 KB, 607x305) Image search: [Google]
23509s.png
39 KB, 607x305
>>324028837
Yeah he said that in the demo the English voices were pretty much just using preliminary recordings and that they had already rerecorded all the Eng dialogue but didn't have time to put in the rerecorded stuff into the demo

So the full game will already be using different recordings for the dub, the same actors but they just rerecorded their lines
>>
>>324029241
I just realized that I meant to say similar to Gladio but I dropped his name, but you got what I meant. I wonder if someone is gonna do a line comparison between Episode Duscae and the finished game.
>>
File: 1433862535085.jpg (26 KB, 560x315) Image search: [Google]
1433862535085.jpg
26 KB, 560x315
Is it bad that Prompto gets on my nerves?
>>
>>324031297
He gets on the characters' nerves too. Gladio and Noctis even tell him to stop bitching/whining sometimes.
>>
>>324031615
Last time I checked he was the least popular of the 4.
>>
>>324031297
>dude obviously designed to get on people's nerves
>is it bad
what
>>
>>324031297
His character doesn't work in english, it's hilarious
>>
>>324031763
See >>324031797. Clearly they thought we was gonna appeal to someone.
>>324031797
From what I understand it's not really working in Japanese either. He was the least popular of the group in all 3 regions.
>>
>>324031905
Oh yeah, he's still pretty dumb in nip anyway
>>
>>324017287
no female party members.
deal with it.
>>
>>324031905
>>324031797
Nah, he's specifically designed to be the odd one of the group. Where the other three are jaded, world-weary, reserved, and competent, he's the exact opposite. Even his character profile highlighted his uselessness.
>Prompto: A friendly, frivolous and allegedly skirt-chasing young man. Unlike Noctis and co., he has no particular heritage of importance and only became their questionable friend during his student days. Deep inside he is keenly aware of the difference in their social stature, feeling indebted and unworthy as the result. The fact that he does not belong in their closely knit group also bothers him, though he tries admirably hard to compensate for it by making himself useful.
>>
>>324026806
let's hope his suffering isn't in vain.
>>
>>324027719
osakan's are essentially japanese rednecks.
>>
>summer release

More like black friday release window
>>
>>324002529
Having played episode duscae, i can honestly say I'm in. I hope they really make the story interesting though. No stupid bullshit like 13. Make it fun, interesting, and deep.
>>
>>324032265
I have a feeling he'll probably die
>>
>>324027306

I will be extremely disappointed if we get Yaoi doujins instead of Cidney doujins. The Japanese better deliver.
>>
File: 1447769422669.png (386 KB, 772x457) Image search: [Google]
1447769422669.png
386 KB, 772x457
>>324034737
Poor guy even gets left behind or put aside on the promo stuff.
>Noctis always flanked by Ignis and Gladio only
>>
File: 1452734148596.gif (443 KB, 400x296) Image search: [Google]
1452734148596.gif
443 KB, 400x296
>>324034867
I think we'll get both.
>>
>>324035152
Good. The group slut knows his place.
>>
SEPTEMBER 2016

NOT LIKE IT'LL MATTER CAUSE I'LL BE BURIED IN A RECESSION
>>
File: 1450911311279.gif (814 KB, 500x463) Image search: [Google]
1450911311279.gif
814 KB, 500x463
Stop bullying Prompto!
>>
>>324036039
Good lord, he needs to lay off the coke.
Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.