[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mrbtongue on diversity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 89
File: image.jpg (106 KB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106 KB, 1334x750
http://youtu.be/HFNRmtJRkCc

Is he right /v/? Do we drive away people from different walks of life and thus deprive us of future masterpieces?
>>
i don't know, let's consult the archives about this issue, there may have been a thread on this topic already
>>
His presentation is always so awful. /v/ loves this guy and I can't figure out why
>>
>>323987121
link?
>>
File: 1446759559377.jpg (17 KB, 262x228) Image search: [Google]
1446759559377.jpg
17 KB, 262x228
As a non white faggot I'm still waiting on that nice graph that connects "representation" and "quality" of the creative work, at any level, as if this shit can be measured anyway
>>
>that voice

nah i'm not gonna do it

how do you get this far in life and still sound like that? you can practically see gobs of what sounds like dairy clogging up the back of his throat and his sinus cavity.

seek help

p.s. no i do not care about the 'established personality' of your latest e-celeb pretend friend
>>
>>323986630
Is this fag actually implying most "gamers" are anything but politically correct pussies?
>>
>>323986630
Most of what he's saying is fine except the fact that gender diversity ISNT an asset, its a liability on the collective brains and souls of the men who create, cultivate and build the medium.

You shouldn't compare the men working on building a gaming industry in their previously overlooked countries to the likes of female dev darlings that keep harassment, its an insult to everyone involved in the discussion
>>
>>323986630

Of course he's wrong. If race stops you from enjoying something, you're a racist. The idea that black people can't like games unless the characters are black is ridiculous. Case in point: games are made all across the world and enjoyed by diverse audiences. If you had to feel represented in order to enjoy something, gaming would be purely domestic.
>>
No.
They're a minority.
Proportional representation is fine.
You don't make games that appeal to a tenth of your audience.
It's dumb.

There's loads of shit I'd like to see more of.
But I take what I can get.
That's what being a part of a niche (see: a minority) means.
>>
What the fuck is "representation" anyway?
Nathan Drake or whatever other white dudes don't represent anyone but themselves.
Carl Johnson or whatever other black dudes don't represent anyone but themselves.
Niko Bellic or whatever other eastern Europeans don't represent anyone but themselves.

The one character that may represent "YOU" is your self-insert in a game with a character creator.

"Representation" is honestly really offensive. These collectivists do absolutely nothing, but they'll still link themselves to other people's accomplishments as though they did it themselves JUST BECAUSE that person or character shares a surface physical trait like dark skin or lady parts. They're being awfully racist and sexist by appropriating the accomplishments of other human beings based on their skin and sex.
>>
expecting developers to make the games you want instead of the games they want to make is the first mistake

the second is that you're playing what the developers make, whoever they may be - if i played a game developed by 6 black chicks, i shouldn't be surprised if it's a game about black chicks

just because a lot of devs are white people doesn't make it their responsibility to cater to other peoples racial wants. if they want to do that, good for them, but it's certainly not an obligation for them to do so.

many great games have been made about other cultures than the devs making them, like the videos example of bloodborne, san andreas also comes to mind, but this whole method of guilt tripping developers into a necessity of diversity in their games characters or settings is something i can't wait to fade away. it's fucking annoying, let people craft what they want to craft. nobody is forcing anybody to play something, nobody is forcing anybody not to play something - gaming is an optional form of entertainment.
>>
This is quite saddening.
>>
his voice is gross, his writing is meh and he's the opposite of charming
>>
>>323986630
I don't think I've ever lost all respect for someone so fast.
>>
Most RPG's let you chose your race so how are they deciding that metric. Also I don't see a problem here, most gamers are white, they are going after their audience.
>>
In my educated opinion the less minorities we cram into games and the less minorities play games the better.
Video games can only get worse by introducing other races. The best games are made by people of the same race.
Putting more black people into games and catering to black people doesn't make games more diverse, it does the exact opposite. It's always the same stupid shit with black people. It's always the same stupid shit with latinos. It's always the same stupid shit with arabs.
Want to make games more diverse? Have white people make games for white people or have asians make games for asian people. That's how you create diverse masterpieces.
>>
>>323986630
This is an interesting and somewhat neutral arguement, don't think it needs to happen but I wouldn't be pissed if there were more minority games that were actually good and interesting and not obvious SJW inclusivity fests. But you posted this on /v/ so you're going to get the same answer.
>>
>>323993296
how can you be somewhat neutral? you're either neutral or you aren't. clearly he's lobbying for one side more than the other if he's only somewhat neutral you noncommittal prick.
>>
>>323993405
Noone is entirely neutral dipshit. He clearly wants more of the divirse shit, but he doesn't pull the obnoxious naggy bullshit assholes like gawker do. He just says it could bring more people in for greater potential in the industry, not forced quotas YOU MUST HAVE X OF Y bullshit the retards wanna enforce.
>>
>>323993675
Whether or not someone can be entirely neutral is besides the point you moron. Describing something as somewhat neutral is retarded. If you're somewhat neutral, then you're not neutral, so why even bring the world neutral into it? Dress up your bullshit better next time, please.
>>
>>323993846
That was quite rude, you should apologize.
>>
File: 1312851268835.jpg (71 KB, 460x401) Image search: [Google]
1312851268835.jpg
71 KB, 460x401
>Listen to the video again, understand what he is saying, what he is implying and the context. If you do you can clearly see that he states that people from a group, from a race all think the same and produce the same thing. That "white males" are somehow "limited" to make violent and generic games, that white males(the ones who originally made the industry like it or not) need to have other races and creeds in order to be capable of being more creative and less bad. This are not my words.

All this wild and unsourced speculation at best. Again, completely willfully ignoring the massive influence east-Asians in the gaming industry when convenient. Not only that, when you actually think about it, not only this has a strong racial element to it, but it has a RACIAL DETERMINISM implications.

You see, saying that "each different race will produce a different product" is, by definition race determinism. Something that I'm sure a "progressive", self-critical, self-loathing, ideologically motivated and ultimately conflicted white male as he would be VERY against it. Not sure how he does not realize this, maybe it is lost of this strong bias you talk about.

Well? I sure like the implications on this, he literally is agreeing with /pol/ without noticing.
>>
>>323995208

>Listen to the video again, understand what he is saying, what he is implying and the context. If you do you can clearly see that he states that people from a group, from a race all think the same and produce the same thing. That "white males" are somehow "limited" to make violent and generic games, that white males(the ones who originally made the industry like it or not) need to have other races and creeds in order to be capable of being more creative and less bad. This are not my words.

>All this wild and unsourced speculation at best. Again, completely willfully ignoring the massive influence east-Asians in the gaming industry when convenient. Not only that, when you actually think about it, not only this has a strong racial element to it, but it has a RACIAL DETERMINISM implications.

>You see, saying that "each different race will produce a different product" is, by definition race determinism. Something that I'm sure a "progressive", self-critical, self-loathing, ideologically motivated and ultimately conflicted white male as he would be VERY against it. Not sure how he does not realize this, maybe it is lost of this strong bias you talk about.
>>
File: 1312850561600.jpg (53 KB, 724x504) Image search: [Google]
1312850561600.jpg
53 KB, 724x504
>Wait did the Polish devs and the Japanese devs bend over in order to accommodate into their team, people from other ethnicities and backgrounds? How many black trans non cis members were there in Project CD Red or From Software? And about the samey samey thing from publishers, you have a point there but I think the main problem is a lack of passion and freedom. If publishers allow devs to work on stuff they are passionate about and give them a certain amount of freedom then it really doesn't matter if the protagonist is a straight white guy from a western country, the game will be most likely good. BTW I'm not white if that means anything.
>>
File: King_OPM.png (124 KB, 362x371) Image search: [Google]
King_OPM.png
124 KB, 362x371
>Do you not realize how fucking dumb it is to say game development companies are too white (70% in those charts) when the population of the USA is 77% white? Also, monoculturalism is good for W3 and BB, yet we need more multiculturalism in video game companies? Wtf? And do you seriously think developers being white has more of an impact on AAA game development than the target demographics and proven markets? This video is so meandering and contradictory, it has to be a joke,

His he right /v/?
>>
File: 3kBBxqC[1].png (2 MB, 1136x1136) Image search: [Google]
3kBBxqC[1].png
2 MB, 1136x1136
>>323988721
>>323986630
choosing video games as your format for race politics
>>
>MrBtongue makes a new video for the first time in like two years
>it's some dumb diversity SJW video

aaaaaaaand dropped
>>
>>323996252

Don't you understand? This shit spreads, it prays on people's emotional brains, it overrides reason.

You may be next.
>>
>>323996252
What happened?
>>
>>323996252
this is sad i liked him alot
>>
>>323986630
faggy sjw nobody
>>
>>323991098
Don't bother, dude. These people can't comprehend the idea of individuality. Everybody is a label to them.
>>
>>323986630
I love how the entire games industry is rated to the U.S. Standards, which means the game industry is problematic if it doesn't reflect the U.S. fucking racial breakdown.
>>
>>323995208
>he literally is agreeing with /pol/ without noticing.

What?
>>
Why can't they just leave videogames alone?
>>
>>323986630
how does this image represent sports games?
>>
>>323986630
he has just spiraled into cuckery hasnt he?
he start dating some girl with dyed hair or something?
>>
>>323986630
Yeah man, Def Jam Battle Rap Warriors is going to be the next masterpiece
>>
>>323986630
>wants more black people in medieval timey europe
GET THE FUCK OUT, YOU CARE NOTHING OF ART YOU ARE A FUCKING FAGGOT AND DONT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT STORYTELLING OR CULTURE
YES IM FUCKING MAD
>>
File: only the thickest survive.jpg (28 KB, 504x209) Image search: [Google]
only the thickest survive.jpg
28 KB, 504x209
>>323986630
>Hey /v/, did you see this Youtube video on social issues? Gamergate general I guess.

Kill yourself my man.
>>
>>323997725
Because he used a polish and a japanese game for his examples, thus he hates niggers and jews.
Flawless logic, really.
>>
>>323997451
>Everybody is a label to them
God damn, this.

>>323991098
Very impressed by what you said here. I have a tough time putting my thoughts on this matter into words but you basically summed up how I feel.

It should not be an accomplishment for someone who labels themselves as [some group] just because a character labelled as [some group] was represented in a game. Its a character. Its main purpose should be to serve the story or gameplay. Any other purpose is wrong completely.
>>
File: 1452296309058.png (359 KB, 900x862) Image search: [Google]
1452296309058.png
359 KB, 900x862
Is there a game where I can build walls and ban muslims?
>>
>>323998561
Civilization V.
>>
File: Adoring-Fan.jpg (124 KB, 580x320) Image search: [Google]
Adoring-Fan.jpg
124 KB, 580x320
>>323991098
i always have and always will be pissed that girls think that male protags represent men accurately but female protags dont represent women, its absolute fucking bullshit.

If we want to talk about being triggered and social issues, no fucking olympic gymnast nathan drake doesnt represent men, neither does marcus fenix or solid snake, they are fucking Adonises. But if men think a character is cool than its a power fantasy, where women are only molested by having strong attractive females.

its this kind of shit that pushes me toward sexism because the loudest female voices are the fucking most illogical and retarded voices you hear, followed the by cuckboys who agree and say "BUHU MUH 30 YEAR OLD MEN AND BROWN HAIR, WHERES MUH BLACK MEN AND FAT WOMEN!"

i honestly dont give a fuck about character body types, if a games good il play it, but you cant have your feminist cake and eat it too
>>
File: 1433506923073.png (198 KB, 590x922) Image search: [Google]
1433506923073.png
198 KB, 590x922
>>323986630
>>
File: 4ch.png (12 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
4ch.png
12 KB, 429x410
>>323986630
>Is he right /v/?
Nope.
>>
What barriers exist that keep them out of the industry?

He is making a sweeping assumption people in the industry are racist and sexist
>>
all this kind of shit is really starting to make me believe all those future white genocide conspiracy theories. this is the only direction we are heading
>>
>>323998720
based
>>
File: Cool Story Bro.jpg (714 KB, 800x818) Image search: [Google]
Cool Story Bro.jpg
714 KB, 800x818
>why didn't T.S. Eliot make the Waste Land about the Fisher Queen and the Holy Spinning Rims?
This is how "diversity" wackos sound.
>>
>>323986630
So it's pretty close. The problem is where now?
>>
>>323998743
How is he wrong?
>>
File: 1431616328857.png (18 KB, 591x239) Image search: [Google]
1431616328857.png
18 KB, 591x239
>>323986630
>>
>>323986630
does this count sports simulations like Madden and NBA2K or Japanese games at all.

the numbers seem way off.
>>
>>323998754
you know what barriers exist....none.
Which is why this complaint is always this weird nebulous tripe about INCLUSIVENESS, that the straight white hetero man isnt incentivising and praising diversity. That white men like technology and video games where black, chinese, arab, lesbian trannies dont. they are underrepresented because almost purely of lack of interest, and this burden like shown >>323998720 is the white mans burden. There arent enough Iraqi Transotherkin in gaming and its because......WE ARENT INCLUSIVE ENOUGH, not that we are being exclusive, but that we arent coddling other races to joining us so we can SPREAD OUR WINGS AS A DIVERSE AND RICH CULTURE!

its a combination of white guilt and thinking with your feelings before putting factual information into your arguments

if game development was factually sexist, then youd be hearing about all kinds of women suing Activision for not hiring females for being females, but like Carmack said "the reason we dont hire females is because they dont apply for the position" its like that fuckin study that showed women factually did make less than men, and thats stuck around for years, and then suddenly these new comprehensive studies show that women when hired dont fight for hire salaries, or bonuses, or raises.
>>
>>323998057

Way to not watch the video.

He's stating that more countries should start making their own fucking games. Uniqueness that other countries inhabit that are NOT Japan/USA are being suppressed because there's no funding for said studio's.

He's not saying add more asian/black/blah blah blah NPC's and shit to video games that don't need it- he's saying more people than just the U.S and Japan should dominate the games industry, which I agree with.
>>
>>323999085
He's arguing based on a dogma that he has no real basis for. (and a lot of realworld examples of the opposite)
The notion that "diversity" means better quality.
>>
>>323999165

regardless blah blah fucking blah

every country thats not a third world shithole makes games
>>
>>323999165
he literally says "you may think im going to discuss how i wish it had more people of color in it or it had taken it easy on the cleavage.... WELL I DO, AND I DO" in regards to the witcher.
i know the grander point he makes is that he wishes more games were made by niggers, but he does in fact say he wishes the witcher had more niggers and less boobs
>>
>>323999165
>Uniqueness that other countries inhabit that are NOT Japan/USA are being suppressed because there's no funding for said studio's.
>no funding
>being suppressed
By that logic, the video games industries in both the US and Japan were suppressed in their early stages as well. Why were they able to overcome the hurdles? Racial superiority?
>>
>>323986630
Who would expect *minority* NOT to be a minority in almost anything? They are literally a minority. Also if a person who's a minority loves video games, what is stopping them from making them? They just have to work hard and beat the competition. Nobody cared about race (aside from racist hicks who wouldn't make anything aside from deer hunting simulator) until the diversity agenda was shoved down people's throats and made everyone look bad. If you can't relate to a character because of their skin color or whatever then you're the problem.
>>
File: 1433440565130.jpg (235 KB, 701x538) Image search: [Google]
1433440565130.jpg
235 KB, 701x538
>>323986630
>>
>>323986630
funny he should talk about how much of a damn shame it is that CDProject is run by white dudes and that games arent inclusive enough considering the only reason the witcher 3 exists is because of all the tax money that Poland gave to them to make sure the game could be made, but we wouldnt want to be educated on the arguments we make, itd be so much easier to just fellate ourselves with large vocabulary and cry about how there arent more games made by Brazilians
>>
Why does it seem like all the good youtubers end up drinking the Kool Aid? Game Makers Toolkit imbibes too.
>>
File: LeftismPureHypocrisy101.jpg (169 KB, 1158x860) Image search: [Google]
LeftismPureHypocrisy101.jpg
169 KB, 1158x860
>>
File: Yotsuba hmm.png (34 KB, 185x240) Image search: [Google]
Yotsuba hmm.png
34 KB, 185x240
>>323999320
>"you may think im going to discuss how i wish it had more people of color in it or it had taken it easy on the cleavage.... WELL I DO, AND I DO" in regards to the witcher.
Further proof that Anglos are a cancer.
>>
Just a decade ago gaming was dominated by the Japanese & that echo's today, most Western games are inspired by Japanese games in some way

Where did this idea that gaming was always dominated by Whites & catering to Whites become a thing?
>>
I am Aryan as fuck and none of these little pussy NuMales can make me feel guilty.
>>
>A global industry needs to reflect the U.S census

Why is that these types of people always expect everything to revolve around American sensibilities?
>>
>>323999787
because colleges and intellectuals are surrounded by KoolAid, its harder to go to college and come out a conservative than it is to go to college and come out liberal, and its because teachers have a liberal agenda so they can better make their existence appreciated, which is very dangerous to infuse intellectualism with liberal academia. I'm not trying to convert anyone, but it always seems that if a teacher says they dont agree with Obama their ass gets put on a burner, but if a teacher says that they dont support american colonialism, than they are brave and so smart for it.

look at the state of things now, we have an old socialist who wants to give everyone free shit, and DIVERSIFY the united states running as a democrat as if thats at all the political affiliation he belongs to. its absolute fucking madness from an objective standpoint
>>
>>323999984
The Frankfurt School.
>>
>>323999405

Better education, better democratic sensibilities, more funding to throw around to attempt a new industry.
>>
>White people need to make games about us, because we are being oppressed & marginalized!

That explains 2 decades of Japanese dominance in the video game industry

>Making your game about us is us doing you a favour

No you entitled shitskins, make your own game like Japs & Koreans are
>>
Why wouldn't a game cater to asians and whites? You know, the races that actually make money.
>>
He didn't seem confident enough to actually make a point in this video. Why even bother?
>>
>>323991098
Thing is the average citizen is a retard.
They will pick a football team then take the team's victory as their own. They will believe some of their individual actions may bring bad luck to the team and other retarded shit. It's a lost cause.
>>
>>324000583
>Better education
>being educated on a subject that doesn't yet exist

>better democratic sensibilities
How exactly does this promote innovation? Are you trying to say that they're inherently more ambitious?

>no funding
>more money
Dirt poor slavic countries are able to do it, I don't see the problem.
>>
>>323999737
I remember how some dude went "here's a list, hire them" with a link to some site called blackgamedevs or something.
If you actually went through the list there were no coders, maybe 1 or 2 good artists, and the rest were idea guys and "game designers" and other useless bullshit. It was like fucking pottery.
>>
>>323999165
So, what? The USA should fund videogame development in Africa by Black Africans?

This shit is all supply and demand. If there was actually a demand for videogames made by and for minorities, someone would fill it.
>>
>>323999165
>supressed

By who? Themselves?
>>
>>323999862
I don't think we even know what MrBTongue's race is, so fuck you for assuming he's English. He could be a filthy German or Swede or a God forsaken Frenchman or something.

In fact from this multiculti bullshit I'd be more inclined to think he's German or Swedish.
>>
>>323986630
>gaming caters too much to cis white straight men
Jesus fucking Christ man
>>
>Diversity is an asset
Tell that to Europe. Or any place that has had diversity introduced to it.
>>
>>323999282
>The notion that "diversity" means better quality.

Everyone on /v/ complains that games are just the same rehashed shit. People clearly want diverse games.
And I think we will agree that diverse creators lead to diverse products. Compare video game diversity with music diversity. Music has so many different flavors, so much to love or hate. Video games are very narrow, because the spectrum of people making them is very narrow.

So I agree there is a "problem", as in we could be getting more out of vidya, but I dont think it needs a radical solution.
I feel that the "indie revolution" or whatever we had recently introduced different kinds of people into the business. Most of them are still fucking white, but they are different whites, and they made different kinds of games, that couldnt have existed several years ago.
>>
>>324001414
He's British, not necessarily english tho.
>links to brit papers
>speaks with a brit accent
>>
>>324001774
>And I think we will agree that diverse creators lead to diverse products.

So you're saying that depending on what someone's race or sex is, they can only think a certain way.
>>
>>324001950
Is this some new sort of autism where you can't understand accents?
>>
>>324001950
That's an American accent.

His family probably comes from Germany like most American whites.
>>
>>324002020
People can be diverse in more ways than just race or sex, though.
I am talking mostly about culture, and not the opera singing or Mona Lisa type culture.
Blacks have different ideas of whats cool than whites, and men have a different idea of whats fun than women.
So it makes sense that people with different understanding of what a good game might be will produce different games.
Diversity of creators implies diversity of products. I think my music example is appropriate, as blacks entered the popular music scene things got much more different, genres were created, and styles were invented.
And in video games, 2deep4u games produced by hipsters are a more recent addition, brought by the many indie artsy types entering the scene. Yeah, some games like that existed before, but few and far between, and not quite as tryhard.
>>
File: 2227239-rememberme.png (2 MB, 902x960) Image search: [Google]
2227239-rememberme.png
2 MB, 902x960
what happens when people make a more inclusive game?
>>
I just want to play good games, these people that keep complaining about a lack of "diversity" think diversity means shoving different layers of brown into a cast. True diversity is something like Final Fantasy VI, every character has his own personality, abilities, backgrounds, reasons to fight against The Empire / Kefka.

>>324002513
Most people didn't like that game because it was bad, not because of the brown protagonist.

The only interesting or innovative thing the game introduces is only used like twice in the entire campaign, the rest is a generic Beat-them-Up that severely limits your combo potential.
>>
File: Exxos-logo.jpg (7 KB, 178x110) Image search: [Google]
Exxos-logo.jpg
7 KB, 178x110
>>324002321
>and not quite as tryhard.
>>
>>324002638
shouldnt matter ToBeHonest Fampai. If people cared about inclusiveness than this game should have record sales, they should have bought it on principle like fat virgin neckbeards like i did for huniepop
>>
"You may think im going to discuss how I wish it had more people of color in it or it had taken it easy on the cleavage.... Well I do and I do."

Disappoint.
>>
File: le games.jpg (70 KB, 730x737) Image search: [Google]
le games.jpg
70 KB, 730x737
>>324002669
How do any of these stack up to modern artsy tryhard games like ones exploring cancer or funerals by just having you walk around in ambiance reading text?
>>
>>324002873
Fair point.
Exxos was very tryhard at points but never full out po-mo horseshit.
>>
>>324002321
But how does that have any relevancy to the topic as to video games?

What the video is saying is that either different cultures are halted from making their own games in some way, or just that too many games are made by white males.

So what the fuck is the argument here. Nobody is actually STOPPING people of different cultures or sexes from making games. Why put the burden of supporting their endeavors on someone else?
>>
Companies allowing more creative freedom and risk-taking would probably have a higher chance of creating a fun and exciting product rather than hiring Jamall for the sake of it.
>>
>>324003070
Mean Internet comments
>>
>>324003070
The status quo is stopping different games being made, because they wouldnt sell. There is no audience for them.
And for such an audience to exist, the product must exist first. So its a chicken-egg thing.
Which is why the guy reasons we need to create an egg in laboratory conditions, so we can get the cycle going.
>>
>>324003165
do these still exist?
even youtube is full of PC bullshit.
comment FAGGOT on any Lets play video and watch the butthurt come out in droves to white knight for those poor underprivileged gaylords
>>
>>324003257
How is this a bad thing?
No moderation, no censorship, people just decide your opinion isnt valuable and promote your gettingthefuckoutness.
>>
File: v.png (14 KB, 570x533) Image search: [Google]
v.png
14 KB, 570x533
He confuses cultural diversity with retarded gender politics.
The best part is that if actual non-asian non-whites started making games en-masse they would continously trigger the leftards with their culturally diverse opinions like how homos as either viewed as disgusting or the punchline of jokes and how most are blatantly racist towards other non-whites.
>>
>>324003206
But that's stupid. Telling people to like something that doesn't exist?

And as for the creators, doesn't that mean they're just morally bankrupt moneygrubbers that don't want to make something because they love it, but rather because they think it might sell?

What this comes down to is these people having a boner for themselves and not a goddamn passion for videogames.
>>
>>324003307
i just mean that mean internet comments are somewhat of a rarity compared to previous. to the point where the loud tumblrites get the final say. i dont give a fuck either way, but even Mean Internet Comments aren't a valid excuse anymore.

the things keeping out niggers, girls and faggots are nonsituations or nonhappenings in which an employer says "i wont hire you because you are a black female tranny" despite them having no skill in coding or programming, that youll see in their online comics they draw
>>
Let's say, hypothetically, a game was created specifically to cater to Africans. How one could produce such a thing or how the game would actually look and play like, let's disregard for now. A game was created to cater to Africans by a racially and sexually diverse team of developers.

Suppose it bombs and barely makes any money because, as it turns out, they don't much care for it and would rather play GTA V or whatever, do we still blame whitey?
>>
>>324003496
They don't actually want games created for other cultures. They want games created for white people about other cultures so they feel like they've done their liberal duty.
>>
>>324003307
But that's wrong. The only situation where discourse is worth anything is when it isn't colored by restrictions on what you're allowed to say or do.

Me not calling your shitty opinions faggotry doesn't mean anything if I'd be censored or banned for doing it.
>>
>there will never be a game made by niggers that accurately portrays what it's like to be a nigger

the world's really missing out, c'mon inner city yuths, start makin dem programz
>>
>>324003467
Its not always about making money. Sometimes its about not bankrupting yourself.
I have a game published. I had to pay around $2000 for "marketing and publicity" and about as much for "visual and audio assets". There are also the small fees to publish your game here or there.
Over the course of a year I made my money back, but that basically meant my several hundred hours of work were free labor, since there is no way I am actually profiting much from my game. For an experienced programmer who usually sits on ~$40 an hour in my country and sphere, this means a big loss.

Basically any person with the skills to make a game invest a lot of potential profit by wasting their valuable time on the game, and doesnt expect much return from it. There is no money in video games. Like 1% of indies make money.
>>
>>324003603
how is that not racist to do something you deem "culturally enlightened" for the sole purpose of patting yourself on the back for it?
>>
>>324003603
They don't really want other cultures either desu.
They want to portray their inner-city liberal americanized views as other people's cultures.

It's very much about cultural imperialism.
>>
>>324001469
>stormfront memes outside of /pol/.
>>
>>324003654
You are allowed to shitpost. Other people are allowed to insult you for doing so. Thats as free as things get.
>>
>>323991098
>but they'll still link themselves to other people's accomplishments as though they did it themselves
But then you are ignoring the fundamental human nature of group bonding and benefit sharing
study have shown that presentation of race in a positive light does increase certain race favour and tolerance
The honor given by people representing your group and distribute to you is true
and ignoring this is choose to be blind
>>
>>324003470
>i wish my mean comments could be more effective
>nowadays only tumblr mean comments work

Mate you dont make sense. If you want mean comments, you should be prepared to take some. The only time "lol nigger fag" is acceptable is when "die cis scum" is also acceptable.
>>
>>324003834
as previously stated, i dont mind, but im trying to say that Mean Internet Comments, are somewhat of a rarity is all. What people decide to shoutdown is beyond my interests. Just saying the internet of today is not the internet of yesterday, things are very inclusive now compared to 2004.
>>
>>324003671
So what solution would you suggest, then? You can't make people want something that isn't there, but if someone really has a passion for something they'll risk bankruptcy to create something they'll love.
>>
We should all forget about skin color, join hands and hate gypsies together.
>>
>>324003992
If you keep saying that video games need more ethno games or whatever, or that gamedev needs to be more inclusive, the creators will show up, smelling either opportunity to express themselves, or opportunity to make money, or some such.
Its about fooling the creators that a crowd exists, so they can create, so a crowd can form; not about fooling the crowd that they want something, so it can get created.
>>
>>324004210
and what happens when nobody buys it?
who do we point the finger at for bankrupting people because we lied to them and said an audience that wasnt there existed?
>>
>>324004273
We sweep the failures under the rug and keep going, like we did with Remember Me.
>>
>>323993170
>Have white people make games for white people or have asians make games for asian people. >That's how you create diverse masterpieces.
That doesn't explain Bloodborne & mgs
which programmed & design by Japanese with Western characters and favored by the west
>>
>>324003756
Yeah, and that's fine. I could call you a retard here and you could call me one back, and we could shitpost back and forth forever. But if I were to call you a retard somewhere else and get permabanned for it, or have it held against me so much by the community that all future conversation would die, does someone else not calling you a retard really mean anything?

They're just afraid to say what they think because of the consequences. It says nothing towards any respect, or lack of which, they might have for you or your argument. It's just an environment where everyone is forced to wear a smile or else, you can't ever really trust what someone has to say.
>>
>Games should be diverse.
>Japanese game showing sexuality that Japanese culture considers acceptable.
>Waaah! That's sexist!
>Western developers create game depicting foreign culture.
>Muh appropriation

Let's face facts. There really is no winning here. You know it's true.
>>
is /v/ full of the most trend-following kids on this site?
>>
>>324004350
do we get to pretend that it failed because white people are racist and didnt want to take a chance? like with remember me?
>>
>>324004273
>and what happens when nobody buys it?

If that happens, the experiment failed and the only losers are artists getting fooled into dedicating time and becoming bankrupt.
However we are past that point for the first wave, since many of the 2deep4u indie "experiences" were successful, and the "walking simulator" genre was coined and created, and sold many copies of games.

Yep, Gone Home is video game's rock music, the new genre created by outsiders entering the industry and the status quo failing to push them out despite claims that they arent real mu- I mean not real video games.
Hopefully the second wave will be something I'd actually enjoy as well.
>>
>>324004423

I thought it was because people were sexist and didn't want to take a chance with a female protagonist.
>>
>>324004467
i rememberkek both of these things happening
>>
>Women and minorities matter are meaningful groups that should be represented!
>That's why white men should make games about them!
The movement was always a parody of itself.
>>
>>324004467
I thought fully half of gamers were female.

How come so many women hate women?
>>
>>324004350

There was a game called Remember Me?

I don't recall.
>>
>>323986630
Why is it that the only statistics that matter to these people are america's? people in other countries play the same games
>>
>>324004578
because women are women

a man who does well can be appreciated by other men, supported and praised for their works

women only feel jealousy and remorse towards successful females.
>>
File: Salon fail.jpg (18 KB, 598x202) Image search: [Google]
Salon fail.jpg
18 KB, 598x202
>>323999834
The left is full of hypocrites and doublethink
>>
>>324001123
>>being educated on a subject that doesn't yet exist
Computer science was literally born in america.
>>
>>324003145
This. AAA games are so formulaic because those formulas are all things that sell, and in 2016 games need to sell six gorillion copies or they're immediately a flop. It's not because of "MUH WHITE MALES", it's the market at work.
>>
>>324003660
I dunno, in San Andreas you play a black guy and the very first thing you do is steal a bike.
>>
>>323998720
Based as fuck.
>>
>>324004720
this raises a great point.
where the fuck was everybody to give GTA:SA its fucking browny points for not only letting me be a nigger, but forcing me to be a nigger
>>
>We demand you make more diverse inclusive games!
>Assassin's creed released a game with a tranny, and a woman in a leading role who outshines the dude
>Worst selling assassins creed
Gee wonder why
>>
>>324004942
>Gee wonder why

Because women and trannies arent playing much video games yet. If you keep making games for them, they will get into it, and start buying.
Its a long term investment.
>>
>>324004787
Back then we were in the "Think of the children!" phase, not in the "Think of the minorities!" one.
>>
>>324004998
where was chinatown wars browny points then? or Liberty City Stories browny points. or GTA5s browny points. all of those had minority protags
>>
You now realize that the left is run by white supremacists and racists.
They're using underhanded tactics to ensure that the world is dominated by white culture.
How do you silence a minority? You steal their voice by having 20-something middle class white people represent their cause.
How do you make sure non-whites never make their own video games? You get white developers to saturate the non-white niche of video games.

It's all a ploy to keep non-whites silenced and dependant.
>>
>>324005049
They don't fit the narrative, so that aspect gets ignored in favour of complaining about the violence against women.
>>
File: 1449037762425.jpg (137 KB, 568x426) Image search: [Google]
1449037762425.jpg
137 KB, 568x426
People create what they want to create. If other people show interest in the creators' work, they will buy said work. This provides monetary support for the creators, allowing them to go on creating more of the stuff they want to/can create.

If a video game has not been made yet, it is because no one has wanted to create it AND put in the effort to do so. No one is stopping a woman, or a black person, or a Mexican from creating a video game that they want to make. There are plenty examples of this happening, from the Rance games being made by a largely female staff, to Guacamelee being made by Mexicans. They have both gotten accolades and praise for their creations, and have become a celebrated part of the medium. What's stopping Africans from doing so other than lack of desire to?

And who is to say that anything an African game company could make would be better or more interesting than whatever EA or Ubisoft shit out biannually? Diversity is a nebulous benefit that is often touted as being the savior of a sick industry, but the diversity that matters, diversity of expertise and talent, is completely ignored in favor of superficial diversity.
>>
>>324005049
Journalist are too scared to attack GTA because Rockstar could pull previews/review copies
>>
>>323987451
I know it's anecdotal evidence but the work put into terrorism in my country is much better since arabs arrived
>>
File: 1447904563055.png (291 KB, 600x512) Image search: [Google]
1447904563055.png
291 KB, 600x512
>Complaining about games from white countries feature white people
>>
>>324005049
You forgot Vice City Stories

Also Liberty City Stories was an Italian-American protagonist. Since his skin is lighter than an arbitrary point of color, he's now a white slave owner who hates black people and goes out of his way to keep them oppressed, because everyone who leans to the right politically is a rich heterosexual "cis" white male of british descent
>>
>>324005049
GTAV DID get some brownie points if you look around, it was just massively overshadowed by the amazing "There's strippers and you can kill female passerby like you can kill everyone else" controversy.
>>
>>324004995
>Make projects that you know are going to fail just in hopes that someday in the future x group is going to maybe pay attention to videogames
That is genius

>Its a long term investment.
Personally I see it as throwing money down the drain, because even if it does happen by that point the game will be old as shit and off the stores and nobody will buy it
>>
>>324005230
my bad senpai, i meant vice city stories where you play as lances bro
>>
>>324004995
>Its a long term investment.
That's fucking retarded considering selling to the current majority already yields more profits
>Because women and trannies arent playing much video games yet.
The arguments go they should be represented because women are 50% of gamers. Then you get fags saying they aren't playing because there aren't many of them. Well which is it?
>>
>>324005164
NO YOU RACIST, IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO MAKE JAMAL AND GABBY THE TRANNY FEEL INCLUDED, THEY SHOULDNT HAVE TO FIGHT TO BE INCLUDED, IT IS A GOD GIVEN RIGHT YOU SHITLORD
>>
>>323992847
It's so disappointing, he was so good then out of nowhere went full SJW.
>>
>>324005349
>>324005301
>hurrr growing your market and reaching out to more people is dumb

/v/ strikes again.
>>
VIDEOGAMES ARE PRODUCTS TO MAKE MONEY
NOT FUCKING TOOLS TO "FIX" THE SOCIETY WITH
>>
>>324005158
underrated post
>>
File: 2227239-rememberme.jpg (268 KB, 902x960) Image search: [Google]
2227239-rememberme.jpg
268 KB, 902x960
>>324005425
>>
>>324005496

Who?
>>
>>324005425
You can't "grow your market" into an audience that doesn't want to buy your product, you dingus
>>
>>324005425
They already have. Women are hella into phone games. That's where the statistic of women being the larger part of the vidya audience comes from.
>>
>>324005547
You can either launch a new product (which vidya publishers do all the time) or convince the audience that they actually want it (which they've been doing for years now).
>>
This guy is good when he's actually talking about video games, not identity politics and when he's not pushing his political agenda. He's totally comically wrong here. Not only are there tons of distinctive Japanese games, but they are constantly criticized by his crowd for objectifying women, using sexist tropes, and so on. He even shows video from Feminist Frequency, who mostly criticized distinctly Japanese games. You can't have it both ways.

Also, it's incredibly reductive to reduce MGS to a game about a white guy shooting things. This is the same mistake every sanctimonious moron makes--instead of treating games holistically, they treat them as a checklist of gender, race, sexuality, and so on. Maybe you wouldn't be so bored of the same games over and over again if you paid more attention to games aside from the protagonists's skin color or sex.

Also, he says that it's "on us" to make gaming more diverse, because somehow the natural state of everything is equal representation, so it must be our fault. But gaming is expensive, so naturally in America there will be fewer black people doing it since black people are generally poorer. And some people just don't like gaming as much. If someone doesn't want to play games or doesn't want to make games, it's not our responsibility to beg them.

>If the workforce is the same, then the aggregate product will be the same.

This is the crux of his error. Aside from the fact that the video game industry actually has a wealth of uniquely Japanese games which are criticized for being Japanese, white people aren't all the same. If you suddenly install a bunch of brown people at game development studios, then games aren't going to become brilliant masterpieces. The way to get artistically unique games isn't to act like white men are just too dumb to think of anything unique, it's to criticize *games themselves* instead of playing this retarded identity politics games.
>>
>>324005597
No, the statistic comes from mothers buying games for their children. App markets dont keep track of gender.
>>
>>324005393
maybe he actually has a point and you're just a 4chan drone that laps up everything the general 4chan population tells you?

I dunno, just a thought.
>>
>>324005635
>i like when this person shits on people i disagree with
>i hate it when he shits on me

Might as well just jerk off, its what you are doing here.
>>
>>324005641
The statistics are poorly researched and have incredibly inherent problems, but they are entirely based on mobile game audiences. Women make up less than 1/4th of the audience for any given console.
>>
>>324005641
the surveys are literally just questionnaires.
>yo you got a pussy
>I do
>you play video games girl
>omg I love games on my phone! *clicks yes*
>>
Beta faggot cuck being a beta faggot cuck.

How shocking
>>
>>323986630
No, he is wrong. It may drive away some people, but if those people are retarded enough to be driven away, so be it, nobody cares.
>>
>>324005695
Yes anon, we already knew that the only way your lot can argue is to try undermining the opposition.
>>
>>324005695
That's a very creative way to read what i wrote
He's best when he's not shitting on anyone, but is talking about video games
>>
>>324005150
>There are plenty examples of this happening, from the Rance games being made by a largely female staff

But this isn't true.

Yes Tori is a woman and she was the lead writer until Sengoku.

And yes YUKIMI did the art for the first four games.

But that's it.
>>
>>324005425
>let's sell our product at a huge loss to a demographic that is laughably small right now just in hopes that it one day grows
>wouldn't it be better to just sell to the white males, the largest buying demographic right now?
>check your privilege, you're fired Joe
>>
>>324004995
>Because women and trannies arent playing much video games yet.
How about they start playing video games, so that people will see it as a sound investment to appeal to them?
>>
>>323986630
Isn't assuming that someone from a different country is a naturally better writer than some white guy basically stereotyping? I mean it kind of sounds like "asians are better than maths than us white guys" only, you know, for writing and game making and shit.

A lot of what people say in these arguments for diversity sound weirdly like what they claim you shouldn't do, imply things about other races.
>>
I play as cute brown brazilian meme girl in Saints Row 4
>>
>>324005870
You can't expect women to do the work, you chauvinist pig.
>>
>>324005870
>How about they start playing video games, so that people will see it as a sound investment to appeal to them?

Thats whats currently happening, under the encouraging gaze of the Industry, promoting it with female protags and media statements.
>>
>>323993296
>Neutral

But he's not neutral. He's on a very clear side, infact.
>>
How are people getting pushed from the industry? Is there any proof that developers choose not to hire women/people of color because they're not white? I see interviews with people in the industry say all the time that this kind of thing doesn't happen, and people who are good get in regardless of their skin color or gender.

Forcing diversity isn't going to do us any good. Forced diversity brings"token black guy who shouts GodD Damn" and "Smart Asian Guy". Do we really want that in video games?
This is what forced diversity brings, which is bad. Only non-forced diversity is good, which is something that MrBtongue doesn't mention.
Lack of soul due to big publishers viewing video games as nothing more than products leads to creative bankrupcy. Video games aren't uninteresting because there's not enough women/PoC in the industry. They're uninteresting because of this creative bankrupcy, and partly for catering to the lowest common denominator, but that's another issue.

There is a market of black gamers. Asian gamers. Women. And as such, games will be made for them. A ton of indie games heavily feature minorities, and then there are games like Remember me. It unfortunately failed, but it still shows that the medium is growing organically. Why force an industry to cater to somebody? I'll agree that there's a staggering amount of "white man games", but for one, I know many women and non-white men who enjoy those games and don't have a problem with the protagonists, and two, why would you argue for trying to forcibly change that? That's not what brings good ideas or characters made. It takes time for an industry as big as this to change, and it's already changing.
>>
>>323986630
>games are made everywhere in the world
>somehow american racial composition is used as comparison for some reason

But again, isn't that line of logic wrong?
Does it mean that slav countries should only make games about slavs?

Of course it's a bullshit.

Should we compare it to the whole world's population then? So 1/7 characters are Indian and 1,6/7 are Chinese? And 4/10 have Temujin as their ancestor? That's bullshit, again.

So, maybe we should strive for accurate presentation of the place where the action takes place, but then it can be fantasyland and what now?

Why even get into the whole race thing then? Why don't you give devs the choice?

Despite of what /pol/ says - Hollywood blockbusters are getting dominated by white male protagonists more and more and there are few exceptions, some notably big(newest star wars). Have you seen anybody complaining? No, everybody pretends Hollywood is inclusive because they play with image well, add token characters here and there while it's all a charade. I think the recent marketing moves of big companies like Ubi or EA try to achieve the same result - get useful idiots rave about how great they are while doing whatever their market research shows as right, without negative press if it's not politically correct enough.
>>
His first point that different views can give different experience is valid

The one that people who could produce something incredible is less so. It's a pretty big leap in logic to say different will equal good, as much of a chance we have we get a bloodborne we have an infinitely better chance of getting a indie privilege simulator. Plus both those games he praised were made in this environment. Nothing is stopping slavs making games and not much else is stopping other countries or genders. He's ignored the simple truth that not everything will be all that good

Also games have become samey as people are scared to take risks because development costs so much. There is a reason the video game market is the way it is, those are the people most likely to buy something. You can get little bumps which appeal to different people but the problem is they don't stick around and chasing them has hurt companies in teh past
>>
>>324006143
Just let developers tell the stories they want to tell. Let them write the characters they want to write. Forcing them to write about characters they don't want to write about and they don't have experience/thoughts with/about will only make these characters uninteresting and feel forced. Only characters made in this way can be complex and interesting, which is what we all want, is it not?

It's funny that you use TW3 and BB as your examples, because those are exactly the games who said "fuck you" to diversity and just told stories they wanted to tell. There were no black/asian/muslim people in medieval Poland, and the world of bloodborne doesn't really care about race, either. They're just people. It seems to me like you destroyed your own point with your examples. Games like Assassin's Creed who do force minorities down your throat are bad games because they're products - and the forced diversity in them is a part of this product, while the all-white W3 which was made entirely by white people has the most soul of a game I've played in years.
Something like the soul of W3 can't be forced by trying to force diversity. It has to be nurtured organically, written and made by people who really want to do something great and actually know how to do it, too. And it took CDP 3 games and many years to have enough money to do this kind of thing. If anything is stopping interesting AAA games being diverse, it's the massive cost attached to making them and the market still being unsure if such games can be supported. That and most studios being only interested in seeing the highest possible green number at the end of the fiscal year.
>>
>>323986630
i like that he opens up saying "i have a heart of coal so lets just say im a little bit callous" in the most coldsteel fashion he can possibly muster
to then go onto say "VIDYA NEEDS MORE BLACKS AND TONE BACK THE CLEAVAGE YOU SEXIST MISOGYNERDS" guy really shows his reddit with this video
>>
Literallywho says something. This seems to be every other thread on modern /v/.

At least it's not twitter this time.
>>
I don't understand this mans point at all. He says that we are not inclusive, but what does it mean to be more inclusive? Is it literally just shoehorning gays and blacks and women characters into games? But his whole argument for doing this is because we are potentially losing other cultures and ideas. Gays and blacks and women aren't cultural groups though. I don't see why he thinks they would bring new ideas to the table at any rate different than cis gendered white males.

So then by not setting our games and filling them with them with Turkish cultural themes are we then chasing away all the brilliant Turkish game developers? This makes no sense.

The only argument I understood from this video is that by not being inclusive we are scaring off talent, but that claim is totally unfounded.

The Witcher games feel so Polish because the characters are all white, like they would be in a medieval Polish country side, which goes against what he seems to be saying games should do.
>>
>Witcher 3 is a fantastic game that came from Polish devs
>Bloodborne is a fantastic game that came from Japanese devs
>White people are the reason we don't see more of this

I actually like the definition of "diversity" BTongue was working with here; namely, that there are a lot of interesting games that can be made by drawing inspiration from other cultures. Aside from vidya, I also play Magic: The Gathering, and one of the aspects of that game I enjoy is the fact that it explores a new setting every year. Since we finally got off Dominaria we've seen:

>a world made of metal with creatures soul-trapped from other planes
>a world ripped wholesale from Japanese mythology
>an ecumenopolis ruled by ten guilds of differing philosophies
>a world inspired by Celtic myth and fairy-tales that has a dark mirror
>a world broken into five shards that were each deprived of certain types of mana
>a world with untamed wilds and adventure, hiding Lovecraftian horrors
>a gothic horror world kept in balance by a millenia-old vampire
>a world ripped wholesale from Greek mythology
>an amalgamation of far-east cultures from Khmer to Tibet to the Mongol empire

That sort of shit is nice to see. I'm sure there could be really great games from the same vein as The Witcher but from cultures in Latin America, Africa, or the Middle East. But all of this depends on one thing: That those people get off their asses and do it. The fact that white people make games does not prevent hispanic or black or arab people from making games. The fact that men make games does not prevent women from making games. Diversity is not something that must be cultivated, it's something that must emerge on its own - and if minorities want to see it, they're the ones that have to make it.
>>
>>324006460
Then it will be cultural appropriation.
>>
>>324005049
Media aren't going to make crusades against dev houses like Rockstar because what will happen is what happened to Polygon when they were like "WAAAH NO FEMALE PROTAG IN AC:UNITY".

Ubi cut them out from news and then they were raving how great Ubisoft is while reposting news from other sites.

Rockstar is in another league though because while there are ubi-haters everywhere, people who say that GTA games are shit are quickly silenced by assmad fanboys raving on how stupid the critics are. Which is another reason why don't they do anything against Rockstar because pissing off the people who give you clicks isn't great idea if you make money from clicks.
>>
>>323998720
As based as he is, this only further reminds me that twitter is not designed for arguments.
>>
>If Polish devs make a Polish game it's great
>If Japanese devs make a Japanese game it's great
>If white Americans make a white American game it's got a "diversity problem"

Nah, fuck off.
>>
Glad I unsubbed him weeks ago then

His arguments are outated now since the SJW click that makes these arguments are show to be more stupider and awful last year. I can see people excusing them back in 2013 or so. But its all bullshit now.

I do think that games are getting to the same but diversity has nothing to do with it.
>>
It's strange to see a /v/ thread about wimin, niggaz and social justice not being a shitposting fest. There is some good non-/pol/ opinion around there.

Why don't you guys make some videos to explain your point?
>>
>>
>>323999165
Okay... so what? Why is he complaining? If they want to get into the industry they can. They just have to fund themselves because there isn't much in the way of publishers in those countries, as there isn't much of a games industry.

It's certainly not the duty of foreigners to fund their shit.
>>
File: 1430525876365.webm (183 KB, 372x280) Image search: [Google]
1430525876365.webm
183 KB, 372x280
>>323999737
>Designed Mafia 1 and 2 which are both fucking patrician quality games.
>The new designer for Mafia 3 is going all out with the inclusivity and looks like shit meanwhile Kingdom Come looks based as fuck.
>>
>>324006460
In fact it's easier to make games in 3rd world than in 1st world once you have the capital since wages, working conditions and rents are much, much lower, sometimes the electricity is more expensive but not by miles.
>>
>>323998720
I remember the faggot arguing with him instantly spun around on a dime, screencapped the fifth one and screamed racist.

For asking him if he thought minorities were incompetent.
>>
>>324006798
>Hochschartner
>>
>>324006786
Don't have a computer good enough to render video. Don't have a video editor. Don't know how to use a video editor. Don't have a mic. I do have some rough scripts for videos in case I ever get those, though.
>>
File: 1452503080217.jpg (15 KB, 318x318) Image search: [Google]
1452503080217.jpg
15 KB, 318x318
>>323986630
>Characters in games
>Asian: 5%

So those thousands of weeb games don't count I guess
>>
>>324006798
hahaha
>>
>>324001950
I accent deafness a legit thing? Because I think this anon has it.
>>
>>324007046
Everyone knows Anime is its own ethnicity.
>>
>>324006143
>>324006204
It's no use. People will bitch and moan to be "included" in games. Just personally showing how racist they are because they can't enjoy a game with only certain races in it
>>
>>324003206
>They wouldn't sell, there is no audience for them

Fuck off. If there is a demand, which apparently there is, there is an audience. And the audience is the people who won't shut the fuck up about diversity. If they want the game they can fund it from their pockets.
>>
>>324007046
I guess if their skin isn't as yellow as spongebob and don't speak in engrish it doesn't count as asian
>>
File: 1451014047596.jpg (80 KB, 352x517) Image search: [Google]
1451014047596.jpg
80 KB, 352x517
Here are some things that bugs me about this "call for diversity":

Why do you want people to work on fucking toys?

I know it sounds ironic and silly on this board but I keep thinking women and other races are better off doing their own thing instead of focusing on game design.
>>
>le imaginary bogeyman of bigots
>>
File: 1447806442111.jpg (72 KB, 756x960) Image search: [Google]
1447806442111.jpg
72 KB, 756x960
>>323986630
>50% of gamers are female
>games aren't inclusive enough

Wat, it doesn't seem to make a difference to women, and so what if women play mostly mobile/facebook games, it's what they like leave them alone.
>>
>>324004434
>And sold many copies of games

That's the thing. Look close enough and you'll find most of these walking simulators and 2deep4u indie games are popular as fuck, mostly due to youtuber credit, but don't SELL as well as they're talked about. Nobody actually WANTS the game. They just want to be "in" with the current thing.
>>
>>324007214
>that trigger discipline
>>
>>323999165
>he's saying more people than just the U.S and Japan should dominate the games industry
Then those countries need to start making vidya. They need to be the ones who need to be competitive. No one has the right to take away from others just for their own twisted sense of justice. No one even gave a fuck about eastern european vidya until they started making their own games and tried to compete. If vodka drinking squatters can make in vidya, then so can anyone else. The problem is other countries aren't trying. So it's their fault. Not Japan or USA.
>>
>>324004995
I'm so glad we aren't in business together. A long term investment that will net you the SAME or LESS amount of money than if you had have stuck with something you want to make in the first place? That's fucking stupid.
>>
>>324006674
The 'best' part of that is that The Witcher series has consistently caught shit for the allegedly bad treatment of women in it (never mind that it had some of the most well written and most powerful female characters in recent vidya) and TW3 for not having black people by the very same liberals who campaign for 'representation' and 'diversity'.

If the PC crowd had its way, TW3 would be neutered, a bland and inoffensive game bereft of the melancholy and bigotry-filled nasty world that gives it its backbone, without that particular unique Polish feeling to it that MrBtongue claims he loves so much about it.
>>
>>324005425
I know you think you understand the market and all, but you don't. The publishers you loathe do, and that's why most of them make good money.

They are catering to all avaliable sources of human shaped wallets. Anyone they aren't catering to won't buy their shit. Putting something out, which costs time and money, on the off chance it MAY attract someone is called "being a retard"
>>
>>324007293
Relax, the gun isn't even loa
>>
File: Mario_is_TOO_white.png (580 KB, 747x804) Image search: [Google]
Mario_is_TOO_white.png
580 KB, 747x804
Maybe someone here on /v/ could help me answer this. I know that white people use their whiteness and patriarcal status quo tin order to make the PoC Japanese gamedevs racist, but how does it work exactly?

Is it some kind of magic? Privilege transferring?
>>
>>324007465
Sorry, not authorized to say outside of white person cabal conferences. Top secret procedure.
>>
>minorities should be equal in participation to majorities
>minorities
>MINORITIES
>MINOR

HOW THE FUCK IS THAT SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN

holy shit fuck mrbtongue
>>
File: facts.png (225 KB, 640x654) Image search: [Google]
facts.png
225 KB, 640x654
Okay now I know we can all agree with THIS right?
>>
>>324007465
This picture makes no sense at all
>>
>>324002765
Problem is people that care about inclusiveness don't care about vidya.
Best ass of I-don't-remember-what- year-that-came-out though
>>
>>324004660
I mean, let's face it. So is the right.

People don't realize their own contradictions, and when they do, they'll either accept "man, I actually fucked up and need to think on my positions more" or they'll bullshit it like "it's still valid because (some insanely contrived reason)".

The farther ingrained in an ideology you are, and possibly the bigger narcissist you are, the more likely you're just going to do the second thing. Guess which politicians and "journalists" do?
>>
>>324007123
>And the audience is the people who won't shut the fuck up about diversity.

Thats the artificially created audience I am talking about. Fuck, man, the plan is so good you dont even see it working.
>>
File: MoreWhiteIsWorse.png (191 KB, 772x424) Image search: [Google]
MoreWhiteIsWorse.png
191 KB, 772x424
>>324007602
>>
>>324007593
Smudboy is a bit too obsessed with BioWare still. Five years ago I could understand focusing on them, but he needs to just let go of them. Make some proper reviews, I'd love to see what he has to say about Alpha Protocol or the Witcher series.
>>
jewtuber threads need to be autoban on /v/
>>
>>324007465
I just love the entitlement from these people
>here's an incredibly successful decades old franchise
>sells like fucking hotcakes
>I'M OFFENDED THAT YOU DON'T HAVE ANY BLACKS IN YOUR CREATION, YOU NEED TO ADD THEM
>>
>>324007348
>A long term investment that will net you the SAME or LESS amount of money than if you had have stuck with something you want to make in the first place?

Nobody is selling video games only to women, moron. You will keep your current audience and also add more to it. You will sell to men and women.
Thats why its called wider audience, not new audience.
>>
>>324006748
>His arguments are outated now since the SJW click that makes these arguments are show to be more stupider and awful last year. I can see people excusing them back in 2013 or so. But its all bullshit now.

This, didn't he get the memo? This shit is old fucking hat. What the fuck is he thinking still hanging onto it? It's like Atheism+.
>>
>>324007687
Yes but the big problem, and this is the big flaw in their wonderful plan, is that 99.99% of this fucking artificial audience is all bark, no bite.

They don't want to PLAY these games, just get on board the bitch train. So their cultivated market will have a shittier income than a burger flipper and it will fail miserably.
>>
>>324007593
Can someone PLEASE tell me what happened to Instig8iveJournalism? The guy was very original and fucking brilliant. Did the NSA get him?
>>
>>324007593
>puting matthewmautism in the same tier as ANYONE ELSE
>>
>>324007813
Matthewmatosis will never ascend into god tier until he releases that Jingle All the Way review to the public.
>>
>>324007726
This thread has produced a lot of substantive video games discussion.
>>
>>324007718
Just checked out his channel, there's a shit ton of long videos, kinda hard to get into.

Give me one video that shows him at his best so I can judge him
>>
File: Historical_Accuracy_Games.jpg (63 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Historical_Accuracy_Games.jpg
63 KB, 600x450
>go into a gamedev uni course
>go into debt
>get "taught" this

The futures looks interesting alright.
>>
>>324005797
It's pretty pathetic too. Once they start flinging shit like "you're a poopie head". It becomes obvious that they're losing an argument. It's basic schoolyard tactics and they still haven't grown out of it.
>>
>>323986630
what about elves, orcs, goblins and a multitude of alien races? where are those in the statistics ?
Also in a great many games you have no idea if the characters are actually human, nevermind where on earth they come from .

99%~ of these characters are also completely fictional, meaning they are not human or of any race at all, they are imaginary.

I guess the hatred of white people or people that look like white people is so strong they ignore anything that may sink their progressive ship.
>>
>>324007593
Who's in the trinity?
>>
>>323998636
I find it weird that there are those that claim that if men find a strong, well-chiseled male character cool, it's a power fantasy, yet I also find characters like Bayonetta and Classic Lara Croft to be cool people to play as.

I mean I know their logic is flawed but god damn, they need to just let people like what they wanna like. These people don't even play videogames.
>>
>>324007046
Americans can't can't recognize characters as Asian unless they're drawn by Americans.
>>
>>324008027
super bunny hop (overrated, too occupied with being positive, often rambles instead of making cohesive arguments)
matthewmatosis (never releases videos, has a cute accent, focused on the games and never talks politics)
idk third guy
>>
>>324006928

tauriq is a fucking braindead faggot progressive. totally irrelevant these days though.
>>
>>324008027
George DUDE WEEDman
Mathew "If It's a Nigger Lynch em Quicker" Matosis
Smug Fuccboi
>>
>>324007981
>make a game that is literally meant to be historically accurate
>triggered fags want you to add in minorities for no reason besides wanting minorities
Also it's pretty fucking racist to tell people to actively try hiring black people rather than hire whoever is the most skilled applicant
>>
>>324008081
>too occupied with being positive
He's a grim cynical cunt.
>>
>>324007210
These people can't make up their minds whether "nerd culture" is something terrible that needs to be destroyed or something great that needs to be inclusive.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 89

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.