[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are graphics fags trying to sabotage this game? It looks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54
File: star fox zero.jpg (55 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
star fox zero.jpg
55 KB, 800x450
Why are graphics fags trying to sabotage this game? It looks like the true Star Fox 64 successor we've been waiting for.

>inb4 some underage shits say Assault was better because it was the first they played
>>
>>323940009
We don't know everything about this game yet. But regardless I can't accept this game.
It looks like the 64 successor, yes, but form the information we have now, this game is more or less just a reboot. You know what that means?
And that's not cool. Nobody wants a reboot, and pay 60 dollar for it.
There won't be more than 20 hours of gameplay, I tell you. The first one wasn't a long game either.
Why would anybody want this game, when they had literally more than decade, to make a complete new starfox game instead of a reboot.
>>
>>323940778
Games don't have a "required length"

grow up
>>
Sure can't wait to pay full price for a 3 hour game with no online. At best it'll be 'just as good as the N64 one'.

Nobody wants this game, its gonna bomb.
>>
>>323940778
>The first one wasn't a long game either.
The idea is to make multiple runs through the game, in an arcade style.
>a complete new starfox game instead of a reboot.
Did you play star fox command? This is the only option. Command literally killed the series with how it ended.
>Nobody wants a reboot
Literally everyone does but you.
>>
>>323940928
Regardless. Nobody want to pay 60 dollars for a game with low replay value and a pretty short length. That's not justified. If this game would cost 30 dollars, I don't see a problem there actually. But we both know that won't happen. It's nintendo.
I understand your argument, but say what you want, that's just how the majority of 'gamers' think. Me including.
>>
>nobody wants a reboot
ITT: People who liked star fox command's fanfic-tier writing and how the best ending literally involves you meeting slippy's girlfriend and asking her to join star fox for no reason
>>
>>323940778
>this game is more or less just a reboot.
Of the cancelled Star Fox 2 mind you.

> Nobody wants a reboot
Except every Starfox Fan. Hell it's what they wanted to begin with. Starfox without the bullshit from every game after Adventures.
>>
>>323941349
Star Fox games usually have high replay value, so your argument is wrong
>>
>>323941349
>low replay value
Have you played it? I mean like, if you know it won't have branching paths and will be assault 2 electric boogaloo, fine, but I don't think you know that.
>>
>>323941203
>>323941352
I actually never played command. But I don't want a game that's pretty much the same as a previous one.
>>
All they have to do is add online 4 vs 4, but they wont because Nintendo is retarded when it comes to good gameplay decisions
>>
>>323941538
From what we've see we aren't anon.
>>
>>323940009
>SF64 SUCCESSOR
>SUCCESSOR

Look, I hope it's good, but the stupid-looking chicken walker (as good as that gameplay was in SF2), the fucking Gamepad gimmicks including RUINING dogfights, and the slow-as-shit Gyrowing make me feel uneasy.
>>
>>323940778
Why does it matter if it's a reboot? The only thing that a reboot MUST have is the same basic story. And I don't think anyone gives a shit about the story in a Star Fox game. In fact, the story of the games went to shit when they started to focus more on it.
>>
>>323940009
Becuase the graphics look like shit, even for Wii U standards. How you go from a stylized remake on the 3DS to a PS2 reimagining on Wii U is ridiculous. Not to mention the chicken waler, robot stealth mission and being forced to use the gamepad, 2 hour cinematic expierce confirmed by Miyamoto himself and no branching paths to different planets is more fuel to the fire
>>
>>323940009

because it looks like another mediocre sequel which the wii u is already full of
>>
>>323941903
>and no branching paths to different planets is more fuel to the fire
Wait, do we actually know this? Did they explicit say that? I don't remember. If this is true, thiis game is even going to look worse as it already is.
>>
>>323941616
this would be so good
>>
>>323941820

Why? If Nintendo Land proved something, it was that the gamepad is GREAT for aiming, that Metroid game is one of the best shooters I've ever played and I've played a lot, it's the second best controller scheme.
>>
>>323940009
Because the gameplay looks like its moving sideways and tacking on gimmicks to a working formula instead of actually building on what's already there. It's the same shit that happened with Assault and Command except Miyamoto's name is on it this time.

Also the games selling itself on its cinematics and presentation, which is one of the reasons we were given for its delay, so the game looking worse than a bunch of Wii games is kind of embarassing.
>>
>>323941538
We need that, though. Adventures was a rareware game (not bad, not starfox), Assault was short and ground based, and Command was nothing but all range mode enemy killing intersperced with painful fanfic.
>>
>>323942225
They didn't. All we've seen are shots of the air fights and the different vehicles.
>>
>>323941470
Usually.

But this isn't strictly on-rails with objective-based paths. They're screwing with the formula by slowing shit down, and that may kill the replay value, because no one wants to trudge through that crap again.

The dogfights alone have guaranteed that I'm trading it back in.
>>
File: 4563637.gif (994 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
4563637.gif
994 KB, 500x280
>>323940009
Becasue graphics are just one of the many problems this game already has

>already had a remake of it 5 years ago for 20$ cheaper, making Zero pointless.
>no online
>2 hours
>'cinematic experience' actually confirmed by Miyamoto
>no branching paths to different levels
>artstyle looks like shit
>voices are shit
>who the fuck asked for the Chicken walker and robot stealth segments?
>gamepad is mandatory to play, even though the gyro can be turned off
>doesn't have the 'Platinum feel' to it
>full price
>already doomed to bomb since Japan is already hating this game, and the West is mixed on it, possibly killing the series off for good unless Miyamoto fucks off for good from it
>>
>>323942586
I'm more unhappy with the forced gyro controls

Nintendo can never make a regular sequel like everyone wants, they have to add some stupid gimmick
>>
>>323942316
No, those controls were also bullshit, and they were bullshit in Starfox Command.
>>
>>323942676
Several of these points are unconfirmed.

>>who the fuck asked for the Chicken walker and robot stealth segments?
Starfox 2 anon.
>>
>>323942676
>gamepad is mandatory to play, even though the gyro can be turned off

Wait, hold on, is this true?
>>
>>323940009
We don't need more Star Fox 64. We need to fucking move on. If they do have any plans to advance the series after this retelling then that's another IP they killed
>>
>>323942792

Command uses the touch screen, you don't know what you are talking about kid, get out.
>>
>>323942946
Don't have*
>>
>>323941349
there exist no kirby games that take longer than 12 hours to 100% and they all sell for full price as far as i can recall
>>
>>323940009
Because it looks like garbage

>Horrible Drone/Stealth missions
>Retarded "Walker" mode that's just a more agile Landmaster
>Miyamoto spent more time trying to hype people about some sort of retarded "fighter pilot experience" than about how he was gonna make a great new Starfox game
>Ugly
>Confirmed for shorter than SF64 with "alternate objectives" being the replacement for level variety.
>>
>>323942946
>If they do have any plans to advance the series after this retelling then that's another IP they killed
What?
>>
>>323943054
Oh, okay. But then again, let's not pretend the IP was alive for the past several years. Command was Other M-tier and we only got a remake since.
>>
>>323943180
He thinks that story is the only way to advance a series.
>>
>>323943320
Exactly, Zero should be a chance to breath life in to the series they don't go anywhere with it it's gonna die again. No one is pretending shit
>>
>>323943158
>>Confirmed for shorter than SF64 with "alternate objectives" being the replacement for level variety.
Anon, Starfox 64 had alternate objectives.
>>
The problem with Nintendo, and why the older devs nee dto fuck off, is because they're out of touch assholes who make games for themselves. The end result is we get games that everyone already got sick of 10 years ago. Or just pure shit, in the case of Other M.
>>
>>323941349
>reboot. You know what that means?
>And that's not cool. Nobody wants a reboot, and pay 60 dollar for it.
>There won't be more than 20 hours of gameplay, I tell you. The first one wasn't a long game either.
>low replay value

haha holy fuck, stopped reading right there
/v/ you are outstandingly stupid
>>
>>323943773
>Anon! Anon! I missed the point entirely!
>Here's a statement of obvious common knowledge!

Hey dipshit. 64 had like 16 with varying objectives levels. Zero is gonna have like 7-9 levels or something with varying objectives. It's less content, even if they're promising 3+ objectives per level, because the strong likelihood is that the alternate missions won't even be fun things like a landmaster segment or a different boss Don't expect them to be interesting secrets you have to discover or earn. You'll be referring to a mission selection menu from the level select screen.
>>
>>323943018
Yeah like fuck I don't.

I had a goddamn thumbstrap stylus to play that fucking game, and my reward was bullshit missiles and only THE FURTHER FANFICTION to ever come out of an official series. Furthermore, I'm relating Command in that your gameplay and inputs are disjointed from a traditional controller, leaving a margin of error which has to be considered during development and ultimately puts a ceiling on the potential difficulty of the game, even when the player doesn't really notice the difference until shit like the Solar boss that you had to dunk to damage.

Now as for NintendoLand, which I got with the Deluxe Wii U that I purchased off a kid who wanted an Xbox 360 instead, that damned Metroid game had the same margin of error, because it's using a disjointed control scheme. Yes, it uses the Gamepad, but the views between the TV and the Gamepad are different. And THAT'S NOT an appropriate comparison, because your mock Samus' Gunship required more effort to maneuver AND you have to factor in switching between the TV and Gamepad displays whereas Starfox has heretofore only had one display. Star Fox Zero will use something similar in Star Fox Zero, and there's already a margin of error BEFORE we even get into shit like the average person knowing how to reduce the display lag on their "smart" TV's (they don't).

Don't fucking tell me what I don't know, especially when that goddamned senile hack Miyamoto is screwing up one of my favorite fucking series.
>>
>>323943931
So you read the whole post?
Well, no wonder you stopped there. There is LITERALLY nothing more to read.
stupid indeed.
>>
>>323943849
>is because they're out of touch assholes who make games for themselves
No one makes games for the fans you jackass, that's why people cover it up with graphics. To distract you so you can go "wow look at those individual chest hairs!" while they don't actually give the fans what they want.

That said the old men know how to make better video games than the younger generation judging by the produce of both western and eastern territories.

The majority of it is all flash and no substance. Exactly the opposite of what a video game should be but no one is getting sick of that because video gaming has become a fashion statement among the masses. Anything difficult is shunned while a story and visuals take precedent over actual raw gameplay.
>>
>>323944217
So basically you're connecting three different playstyles ,one of which we haven't touched, and are acting as if they're the same thing but extending that over a wall of text and irrelevant information.

The fuck is wrong with people here?
>>
>>323944227
>The majority of it is all flash and no substance.
Sums up post-GC Nintendo very well
>>
>>323940009
>gets delayed twice
>still looks like garbage

yeah no fuck you
>>
>>323944165
Can I borrow your crystal ball for a while?
>>
>>323944743
Eh not at all really.
>>
>>323944217

You don't know what you are talking about kid, get out.

How can you compare something that controls based on the lenght of a straight line to something that uses angular velocity and movement in a 3D space? Seriously boy, be thankful that you are on an anonymous board.
>>
>>323944894
You're going to have to fist him for it.
>>
>>323945112
>Seriously boy, be thankful that you are on an anonymous board.
*unzips katana*
>>
>>323940009
I played 64 first, when I was I think 7. Got it for Christmas from my parents the year it came out.

Assault was a good game. It lacked polish, but had great ideas.

Zero looks mediocre as fuck. I wanted the game to be good, but I can't bring myself to justify it. Copying 64 and 2 just feels like Nintendo nostalgia pandering as usual, rather than expanding and creating good ideas.
>>
>>323942676
Nice Tumblr gif for your Tumblr opinions
>>
>>323945260
>Making judgements on two trailers that didn't show much of the game
Are you serious?
>>
Predicti9n: it will be 5/10. Not as bad as /v/ is thinking it will, but no won't be GotY.
>>
>>323945645
>5/10
and on the /v/ scale?
>>
>>323945537
Well anon, the point of trailers is to hype up a game. They failed at that.

I'm not getting it.

I'll wait for the idiot fanboys to eat it up and cry when its mediocre like every other WiiU game from 2015 barring Splatoon.
>>
>>323945537
Are you a retarded fanboy, or a Treehouse shill?
>>
>>323945894
>Well anon, the point of trailers is to hype up a game.
You mean that's the point of trailers attempting to hide something.
>>
>>323945804
Idk, -9/11?
>>
File: 1450168088860.jpg (45 KB, 604x442) Image search: [Google]
1450168088860.jpg
45 KB, 604x442
>Nobody has posted a video or picture of this game.

Fuck you guys, do I need to google it?
>>
>>323946168
It just shows how serious these chicken Littles are about the game.
>>
>>323940009
>It looks like Star Fox 64
FTFY

Also, fuck Star Fox 64, the original Starfox was better anyway.
>>
>>323945254

Yeah, commit seppuku, you are too stupid to live.
>>
>>323946042
I'm still not getting it dude.

It killed the hype for me. Quit shilling the fucking game dude.

Blame your fucking marketing department and Miyamoto for making.it a "reimagination" rather than something new.

I watched the hour-long Treehouse gameplay session, and honestly, it didn't impress me in any way. The combat looks slow as fuck, the controls clumsy, and the new mecha takes away from the superior on for combat Assault introduced. A concept that shoulda been expanded on and polished desu.

And that stupid drone thing is lame too.

Then comes all the disappointing news I heard later that didn't help either, like the lack of online, forced gyros, etc...

It just looks like more gimmicky mediocre garbage like all the shit Nintendo has shat out with the WiiU.
>>
I played it at Pax. I liked it. I can't wait for it to release.
>>
>don't care about story or grafix
>just wanna know if it plays good
truly suffering in the times of neo-/v/
>>
>>323946703
>shilling
Boy, hype culture really does things to you.
>>
>>323946703
>superior on foot combat Assault introduced
Shit taste detected, I've had more fun with even the worst Ratchet and Clank game than I did with those levels
>>
>>323946168
That's because all it does now is incite shitposting like everything Nintendo related does. But here you go, have a trailer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxMoAQT3D4E
>>
>>323946575
Nothing personell, kid, but you're not much better. :^)
Not even the guy you're internet-fighting with, I just saw your cringeworthy post and had to jump in
>>
Judge my blind playthrough
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmyUQKss084
>>
>>323946871
It's been confirmed Alison and other Treehousers browse /v/, and viral marketing is nothing unheard of.
>>
I honestly don't see why the opinion on it seems so middling. The visuals sure, but whatever.

Gameplay wise it looks solid. I'll give you that it looks a bit slow, but I doubt we've seen later levels.

It's up there in my most hyped this year personally.
>>
>>323947074
Still better than the dumb chicken walker bruh.
>>
>>323946703
>and the new mecha takes away from the superior on for combat Assault introduced.
You're kidding right?
The game has already boasted better ground maneuverability than assault by leagues.
>>
>>323947225
Considering the WiiU only gets three games this year, it's not hard for it to take a "top spot."
:^)
>>
>>323947326
Yeah, and it shouldn't have been done as a dumb chicken walker.

That shoulda been the polished version of the on foot combat introduced in SF64.
>>
>>323947587
>improved ground combat
>Eww I don't like how it looks even though it plays well
Video games are dead.
>>
File: 1450218527108.png (2 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1450218527108.png
2 MB, 1600x1200
>>323947137
It looks alright though, doesn't it?
I mean, it's a bit bland, and some of the textures aren't that great looking, but it really captures the feel of the original game.
I kinda like it.
>>
File: 1448471636385.jpg (120 KB, 535x798) Image search: [Google]
1448471636385.jpg
120 KB, 535x798
>>323940009
I played 64 first and Assault was better if you used duel stick you pleb. It's tight, responsive and feels like melee if it were a third person shooter with vehicles.

Eat my big gay ass, faggot.
>>
File: 1446639921943.png (131 KB, 264x379) Image search: [Google]
1446639921943.png
131 KB, 264x379
>>323947453
I wasn't just talking about Wii U, it's one of the things I'm most hyped for across everything I own, which is PC, PS4, Wii U, Vita and 3DS.

I agree though, the Wii U has a weak line up for the year. But individually I'm very excited for Zero.
>>
>>323947841
So nothing like Star Fox.
>>
>>323947734
>$15 have been deposited in your account

Still not getting the stupid fucking game. In fact, I think I'll pirate 64 3D and Assault.

Eat shit.
>>
I liked 64. How do the original Star Fox and Star Fox 2 compare?
>>
>>323947841
I played Assault first and 64 was better you pleb. Every level feels concise and focused unlike Assault's Counter-Strike-lite level's where every mission boils down to "shoot the yellow targets, fuck everything else unless the level forces you to fight them"

Lick my wenus
>>
Funny how you jackasses are arguing about graphics when you know that one of THE biggest money sink in video games is the graphic setting.

Incredibly high graphical standards caused most triple A developers to focus on stale, safe formulae in order to sell millions of copies. Not because that's what they want to do, but that's what they HAVE to do in order to turn a profit.

You'd be surprised at how expensive it is to do graphics well.
>>
>>323944743
>post-GC nintendo
>flash
What was the last thing nintendo made that made go wow? I cant even remember a single one post gc.
If anything nintendo is playing it way too safe, their mantra could be "dont go big, dont go new, dont go into risk"
>>
File: 1408975706670.jpg (37 KB, 432x432) Image search: [Google]
1408975706670.jpg
37 KB, 432x432
Too bad Kid Icarus Uprising is basically what a proper sequel to 64 should've been and makes Zero redundant.
>>
>>323948189
Good for you, it doesn't make you any less retarded for contradicting yourself based on visuals.
>>
File: 1447875019182.jpg (67 KB, 780x439) Image search: [Google]
1447875019182.jpg
67 KB, 780x439
>>323940009
Star Fox 64 was my first Star Fox game.

Adventures was my favourite

Unless you count Melee
>>
>>323940009
>Why are graphics fags trying to sabotage this game?

Well, if you're a graphic fag then it's going to be a pet peev. That's what defines a graphics fag.

Also, remember where you are. /v/ is probably the most elitist board, which is funny given that "gaming" is about as pleb a hobby as can exist.
>>
>>323948337
Uprising is a completely different ballgame in turns of level design, combat, objectives, and aesthetic.
It is absolutely nothing like StarFox except on a superficial level
>>
>>323947996
The last game I was hyped for was Xenoblade X, and it was a massive disappointment. I can't even bring myself to finish it.

I've given up on this year. Zelda and Pokken look ok, but I'm gonna be holding back on those two.

Tbh, I kinda wish I'd gotten a different console cause Guilty Gear Xrd >>>>>>>>>> Sm4sh, and at least I coulda gotten multiplats.

I guess Bayonetta and Splatoon were worth it, but I didn't get to play Bloodbourne.

I just want the WiiU to be hacked so I can get onto Sm4sh modding. It's only thing I have to look forward to. After Skyward Sword, I'm expecting Zelda U to be trash.
>>
>>323948337
what will his next game will be?
>>
>>323948446
I listed all sorts of other reasons in a previous post but you focused on the visuals because you're a strawmanning shill who needs to make this game look good in the eyes of others.

>It's just the graphicfags, ignore all the other complaints people are making about the game.

Is that another $15?

Tell your bosses to make GOOD games if they want me to buy them.
>>
File: ps4 wiiu games.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2158) Image search: [Google]
ps4 wiiu games.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2158
>>323948570
Feels good being idort and enjoying both sides + PC.
>>
>>323948990
I don't have that kind of time to dedicate to gaming bruh.
>>
>>323948203
It was great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfoXXefZVhc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xja9bjOOePk

I'd wish they would have just remaked it instead.
>>
>>323948990
>no Bloodbourne
>no MH3U

Are you gay, son?
>>
>>323942716
>I'm more unhappy with the forced gyro controls
They're not forced, you can play without them.
>>
>>323948881
>I listed all sorts of other reasons in a previous post
There's literally nothing about the actual game in your post.
It's all
>that stupid drone thing is lame too.
>nothing about the gameplay

>and the new mecha takes away from the superior on for combat Assault introduced.
>false information that you accepted was wrong later on and changed to looks here>>323947587

The rest of your post just goes
>it looks
>it looks
>it looks

There's literally nothing to your post that beyond it looks bad so it is bad.
>>
>>323940009
Graphicsfags couldn't sabotage Star Fox Zero anymore than Nintendo has already, it was objectively trash even in planning stages just like the Pii U

It looks good, and from the latest trailer it handles the action very well. I'd play it if I wasn't such a lazy penny pincher.
>>
>>323949232
>*remade
>>
>>323949318
>No Bloodborne

Are you blind, son?
>>
The funny thing of all this is people complaining about Zero being a reboot while they always praised 64 - a game that was also a reboot.
>>
>>323940009
>Why are graphics fags trying to sabotage this game?

Nintendo is sabotagin himself. You know it when Assault and Adventures look better than this turd.
>>
>>323949558
That's because they know fuck all about Starfox.
>>
>>323947824
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xOeg589SJM

I remember seeing this trailer at 60fps somewhere, but I can't find the source anymore
>>
Why is it fine when nintendo releases full priced shovelware thats 3 hours long and has virtually no content? When does the dickriding autism nostalgia end? When all the obese manchildren die from a heart attack and cant post here anymore?
>>
>>323949558

because 64 didn't already have a reboot and a remake of said reboot
>>
File: 1451078337556.jpg (89 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
1451078337556.jpg
89 KB, 604x604
>>323949701
Oh shit, son. Looks even better in this one.

I get some of the graphical complaints, but I'm not using my Wii U as a graphical powerhouse. I just use it to play fun games.And this game looks fun as shit.
>>
How about that Star Fox fan content?

A community college play https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgEm7goUxLw

The mod made by the Hyrule Total War guy (aka. "the everything must be dark" guy) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c35jbrHl4k

The animation project https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOPx4s0sxfU
>>
>>323949835
>because 64 didn't already have a reboot and a remake of said reboot
What?
>>
>>323949779
>3 hour game
>pure speculation

>Looks again

>looks again

>Compilation of unconfirmed information and looks

>literally nothing except they can't advance the IP so I'll ignore what they've done to advance the IP in this game

>AGAIN LOOKS

>Something about the older devs that's entirely irrelevant

>Looks again

>finally another post about looks

At least you tried
>>
>>323949635
>>323949558
It's because we have:
>Original
>Lylat Wars
>3DS
>Zero

FOUR, four iterations of the same fucking game in a series of 8 games, one being a spinoff, one being shit, and one never being released ever. Only Assault bothered to move the series forward in any viable direction.

Not to mention 3DS came out the same generation as Zero. It's lazy nostalgia pandering, like rereleasing TP and WW on WiiU and not bothering to add any of the cut content to them, like WW's whole fucking 3rd pearl temple. Nintendo knows the drooling fanboys will eat that shit up and defend their decisions.
>>
>Star Fox Zero Effort
top kek
>>
>>323949928
my only complain is that they changed the combo system for points, or looks like it. For a Hit+3, you could get 7 points, or something like that. It added more depth

On the other hand, I won't have to shoot perfectly to get Hit+15 in meteos anymore, so it's kinda a relief
>>
>>323950227
Counting a port as a new iteration is silly. Star Fox 64 3D isn't a new game, it's the same one. It doesn't count.
>>
>>323950118
>gameplay is slow and boring
>stealth shit is lame as fuck
>hurr durr, just LOOKS

Keep strawmanning.
>>
File: 1386792583605.jpg (35 KB, 554x439) Image search: [Google]
1386792583605.jpg
35 KB, 554x439
Why are people complaining about an arcade style game being short? Those things are supposed to be played in one sitting, but you replay them countless and countless times.
>>
>>323950328
>it doesn't count
Yes it does. No need to make the same fucking game 4 times.

It's literally Force Awakens shilling all over again. At least there, people are realizing they got punked by Disney.
>>
>>323950365
>Because the gameplay looks
>artstyle looks like shit
>Zero looks mediocre as fuck.
>Because it looks like garbage
>Becuase the graphics look like shit
It's all about looks anon. Literally all of it.
>>
>>323950549
>No need to make the same fucking game 4 times.
But they didn't make it again, it was a port.
>>
>>323948461

I hope get killed in a vicious car accident.
>>
>>323950549
Not him, but I always thought that Nintendo got the message wrong about Star Fox

>make Star Fox game
>it doesn't sell because fanfiction tier story, foot stages, or whatever
>remake the most successful game on the series
>it sells
>"oh, probably they want the same game retold over and over again"
>>
>>323950631
>literally pointed out specific gameplay qualms
>still resorts to strawmanning instead of addressing said points

Aaaaand we're done here. Still not buying this stupid game though. Enjoy your paycheck though.
>>
>>323950227
>Only Assault bothered to move the series forward in any viable direction.
By taking a huge dump on the series and trivializing the part people wanted from it.
That's not moving the story forwards anon, it's progressing the story but in every other way it's a huge leap backwards.

Also not only is the 3DS version a port of the N64 version no one said you can't progress a series with a retelling that adds new elements to the gameplay every Starfox fan has been waiting for since Adventures.
>>
>>323950853
TFA was shit. So will Zero be.
Also
>story
The prequels were good faggot.
>>
>>323950778
Well, you got to admit that those are the ones with the best gameplay. People want a space shooter with good space shooting. I don't care about the plot or anything, as long as I get that for my game.

And let's be frank, even they must be know how fanfiction tier the plot went after 64, chances are they're rebooting because they didn't want to deal with that mess.
>>
>>323950834
>gameplay qualms
So do you have a time machine then anon?
Please direct me to it or rather just bring me your future copy of Star Fox Zero.
>>
So how long will it be after this until Nintendo does another SF64 reboot?
>>
>>323950954
>The prequels were good faggot.
You mean the prequels no one liked because they were terrible in every way?
>>
>>323950996
Not buying the fucking game faggot, fuck off.

I'll wait for the inevitable 5/10s to trickle in and proceed to ignore it.

I'm not gonna pay 60$ for a game, only to "judge if it's good" only to be disappointed. Shoulda made better trailers, and gameplay demos.
>>
>>323950991
Plot is the last thing a Star Fox game should have anyway. I mean, it's an arcade shooter about an anthropomorphic fox heading off to kill a giant floating monkey head
>>
>>323951197
>he decided his buys by shitty reviews
>>
>>323941512
They confirmed no branching paths tho
>>
Just buy this same game so that krystal will be revived you fags

The daisy meme ending wasn't as BTFO worthy as i would have liked

>inb4 i trigger an autist that tells me to sudoku
>implying you never liked shitposting
>>
>>323951119
https://youtu.be/XSaaa_OBkzw

Sure is a lot of hating going on there...

Prequels were flawed, yes, but the story they told clearly went over your head if you think they were bad.

Also,
>everyone hated them therefore they're bad
I watched Plinket too, but I know how to form my own opinions
>>
>>323951396
When?
>>
>>323951197
>I'll wait for the inevitable 5/10s to trickle in
Well duh, of course that'll happen.
It'll either be too hard for reviewers, which is more or less guaranteed after that stunning Kirby performance, or they'll say something like
>where's the plot
>where's the action scenes
Shit like that.

Video games are dead.
>>
>>323950991
>chances are they're rebooting because they didn't want to deal with that mess

I can only hope for that, m8

But I can't imagine how will be afterwards. Sometimes, I feel that Nintendo doesn't know, or doesn't want, how to expand their games after a successful one (when they aren't Mario or Zelda, something that happened with DK after the 64 game)
>>
>>323945321
He's right though, stay delusional
>>
I don't care about graphics.

What I do care about is the actual game, and the gameplay looks like dogshit, with Gyro controls (these never work and are always shit), dumb gimmicky new vehicles, NO FUCKING BRANCHING PATHS YET AGAIN, and bland levels and enemies.

This game looks like absolute trash, and I fucking love Starfox. They would have been better off making a new F-Zero.
>>
>graphicsfags
It's Krystalfags actually
>>
>>323951197
The trailers were fine. They showed off the gameplay. Lots of it.

What, do you want them to flash big, bold, epic letters across the screen to hype you up or something? If it's not your kind of game, that's all on you--own up to that instead of trying to tear it down for everyone else on account of different tastes.

"I don't like it" is not a valid reason for saying "it's shit." No matter what /v/ has ingrained into you.
>>
>>323951523
I doubt there'll be new games after this one. Star Fox is a niche, the only ones who are going to buy it are Star Fox fans.
>>
>>323951536
>Gyro controls never work
What games have you played where the gyro controls don't work?
>>
>>323949353
Guess what, when you've played video games for over 20 years, you gain an eye for quality.

DmC fags also defended their game by saying WELL HOW DO YOU KNOW THE GAMEPLAY IS BAD YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED IT, YOU JUST LOOKED.

And guess what, those people who looked at that footage and said it played like shit were 100% correct.

This game looks fucking godawful, the addition of gyro controls in the first place is a warning sign, the lack of branching paths is the kiss of death that shows they don't care about this game at all.
>>
>>323950954
>The prequels were good faggot.
Krystalfags and prequelfags are one in the same? That blows my mind and makes a ton of sense, figures that the same people who jack off to Krystal and lust penis also jack off to Jar Jar getting farted on by aliens.
>>
>>323948000
if you look close enough on the box on starfox assault it says starfox
>>
>>323951470
>Prequels were flawed, yes, but the story they told clearly went over your head if you think they were bad.
You mean the story that shat over everything. Sure a lot came from them that was good but the actual prequels were horrendously bad. If you can't understand that well I guess you just didn't understand or watch the originals to see why it was a problem.

>I watched Plinket too, but I know how to form my own opinions
Being contrarian isn't forming your own opinion.
>>
>>323951674
Anything that isn't a WarioWare game.

Splatoon especially, but the number one example was Zelda Skyward Sword. The swordplay worked excellent about 90% of the time, but the flying, aiming, swimming, throwing, and bowling controls were godawful.

inb4 not gyro, Wii Motion Plus is just a Wiimote with additional gyroscope controls.
>>
>>323942329
>I can't differentiate aesthetic from quality

Also what's wrong with tacking on gimmicks to a working formula? That's basically what all Platinum games do nowadays and they're still good.

Also I wasn't aware that giving new vehicle modes, mission types, and ways to interact with the mission weren't actually building on what's already there.
>>
>>323951730
>Guess what, when you've played video games for over 20 years, you gain an eye for quality.
Playing games for 20 years would make you appreciate gameplay over graphics first and foremost, no? And why are you people parroting "mandatory gyro controls"? They confirmed they are optional. Yes, they are the standard mode, but you can change it.
>>
looks like garbage
>>
>>323942937
It's not. One of the first things they ever revealed about this game was multiple controller options - like nearly every other Wii U game. That anon is spreading some misinformation.
>>
>>323951601
It's slow, and looks boring.

You have Platinum Games on the scene, and lack the high speed, precise, over tge top shit they are notorious for.

It coulda been Ace Combat, in Space, with furry animals. Instead, we got fucking Chicken Walkers and Stealth Drones.

I was hoping for something like this:
https://youtu.be/FKwEu76lrgY

Not the dogshit Nintendo gave us.

Go ahead, defend that.
>>
>ill-informed opinions: the thread
Every SFZ thread. May as well not make these before the game is out.
>>
File: Krystal_is_useless.png (75 KB, 1233x307) Image search: [Google]
Krystal_is_useless.png
75 KB, 1233x307
>>323940778
>Nobody wants a reboot
speak for urself, krystalfag
>>
>>323951958
I do appreciate gameplay over graphics.

Starfox Zero looks like it has dreadful gameplay. Yes, I haven't played it, but everything I've seen shows it to be a much worse version of SNES/N64 Star Fox.

I'll put it this way: Assault's gameplay LOOKED better and LOOKED more promising, but when I got my hands on the real thing, the Arwing controlled like shit and the game sucked. That this game doesn't even LOOK promising compared to Assault is a huge issue.
>>
>>323948278
You could really boil down any starfox game to "shoot the yellow targets"
>>
>>323951483
>"In terms of what you saw in Star Fox 64, with the actual map with the different planets and lots of different branches, this time it will be simpler, but more variety in terms of different missions on the same planet," Miyamoto says. "We want it to be that you can complete the course of the game in the same amount of time you would spend watching a movie, so it's a cinematic experience. While there are still some branching paths, the main thing we are focusing on is having second and third missions available for each planet."

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/06/16/a-star-fox-zero-conversation-with-shigeru-miyamoto-and-his-team.aspx

>"This also impacts difficulty, as there won't be an option to take different paths through the galaxy. There also won't be an option to tweak the game's difficulty in either direction. What you see is what you get, so it might be a good idea to practice if you're having trouble."

I wanted this to be great, but nooooo we get more 64 nostalgia pandering
>>
>>323952059
>I was expecting Star Fox to play like a completely different game because I never played Star Fox before XD CUHRAYZEEEEEEEE
>>
>>323951915
Both of those worked excellently for me.
>>
Why are there you people so mad? It just looks like another starfox game.
>>
>>323952150
Krystal is psychic and is a good pilot.

Compare that to Slippy who is an absolute shit pilot.

They should confine Slippy to being a mechanic and have Krystal take his spot on the team.
>>
>>323952114
Also
>It's too much like Star Fox 64
>It's not enough like Star Fox 64
>>
File: I2Dkpi0.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
I2Dkpi0.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>323952059
>It coulda been Ace Combat, in Space, with furry animals.
>>
>>323951470
Plinkett's videos and the popularity of said videos were the result of widespread dislike for the prequels, not the cause.
>>
>>323952201
>while there are still some branching paths
Uhhh....
>>
>>323951912
The prequels were about how the Jedi order was flawed by saying
>no emotion
And Anakin wrestling with what he wanted to do, vs. What he had to do.

Him defecting to the dark side made a lot more sense than people give credit. He wasn't seduced my Sidious, that was just the straw that broke the camel's back. Also, Obi-Wan and the Emperor were both fucking great.

The biggest flaws with the prequels were the CG, Jar Jar, and the emotional jumps in pacing.

But the story they tell, Clone Wars included, is quite great. Especially within the context of the whole saga. It makes perfect sense, if you PAY ATTENTION!!

TFA on the other hand is putrid rehash garbage.
>>
>>323952059
I don't remember Star Fox 64 being that much faster than what I've seen from SFZ from the trailers.

The chicken walkers present a method with which to interact with missions in different ways. From what I've seen, it appears largely optional.

I wasn't aware that fighting giant mechanical sandworms or blasting apart a huge base piece by piece, with the option to GO INSIDE said base while doing so, were boring.

You also got a fucking hovertank.
>>
>>323940009
>impying Assault wasnt the best star fox game
>>
>>323952461
>simpler

Enjoy your baby game

Sakurai made a better Star Fox with Kid Icarus, hope we get a new game for NX
>>
>>323952210
Not him, but starfox can be played like that in the vid he posted

It can even play like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BXP5tEmcKk

From the trailers it looks very barren desu, hope it sells well though since I want a sequel that Platinum can ACTUALLY have a say on
>>
>>323952474
TFA really did suck. I've never been a fan of how JJ Abram's movies look, he has the most dull cinematography and most dull action sequences possible.

But the worst part of TFA was that about 70% of it was a remake of A New Hope, about 20% of it was Empire, and about 10% of it was new movie.

I'm honestly excited for the next two movies not being under Abrams, maybe there will actually be some good action and memorable setpieces.
>>
File: 4646.png (137 KB, 299x293) Image search: [Google]
4646.png
137 KB, 299x293
>a Star Fox game relased 10 years ago had online
>the remake and this somehow don't

Seriously, does nintendo even care at this point?
>>
>>323952552
Eh, it was the best if you didn't play the original 64 or didn't watch the trailer.
Of course that means your choices are Command, Assault and Adventures.
>>
File: 1452060092897.png (877 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
1452060092897.png
877 KB, 1080x1920
>>323952316
>in a team a mercenaries, you get an experienced engineer or a primitive
>LOL fuck the EN, i want the chick in the loincloth
>>
>>323940778
>Nobody wants a reboot,

>No Krystal
>Peppy isn't an oldfag

I damn sure wanted a reboot.
>>
>>323952726
more like hopefully we get Uprising with M&K controls so it actually becomes playable.
>>
>>323952474
>>323952736
I thought both the prequels and TFA sucked, though for different reasons.

They're similar though in that both were totally unnecessary. Maybe VIII and IX will be alright, but VII didn't lay a very promising foundation.
>>
>>323952726
Dude, they've shortened the number of planets to make it a shorter run, but given you more shit to do on each planet to make each run more varied.
>>
>>323949948

>LE BERR ROLL XD SUPER FUNNY PARODY that most likely has the same exact unfunny jokes you hear in every parody
>A decent looking mod, but I cant say this for a fact
>Some shitty animated series that's made by some closet furfag that has a major hard on for some non canon character from a shitty comic series like every other one made

Try seeing what japan does
>>
>>323952815
Why do you save things like this?
>>
>>323952726
>simpler progression means simpler game
>actually expanded what you can do on each available area and which mission you to to progress
Uhh...
>>
>>323950231

>Star Fox Zero Effort
>Star Fox Zero out of ten
>Star Fox Zero is dead
>Star Fox Zero fucks given
>>
>>323952059
>It coulda been Ace Combat, in Space, with furry animals.
So, Assault?
It even had the Ace Combat team with full creative reign over it.
>>
>>323952979
Nothing because they don't like Star Fox
>>
File: 1445285298682.jpg (28 KB, 600x628) Image search: [Google]
1445285298682.jpg
28 KB, 600x628
>"waaaaah waaaaah"
>"this game doesn't fullfil my arbitrary checklist for what games satisfies my raging autism"
>"the isolated xenophobic islanders didn't like it so it's surely suck!"
>"I'm not gonna pay full price for a triple A title!"
All the people bitching about the game in this thread. All your "complaints" literally means nothing cause you weren't gonna buy the game to begin with no matter how good it is.
>>
>>323952210
>>323952457
https://youtu.be/9FyKSUgT5OI
https://youtu.be/FKwEu76lrgY

Just remember SFZero coulda been good if you demanded more effort from Nintendo instead of shitty gimmicks.

You only have yourselves to blame.
>>
why does star fox keep rebooting?
>>
>>323953103
The problem is those 'expansions' consist of garbage new gimmick vehicles that nobody fucking wants.
>>
>>323952753
>wanting that mess again
Online is a crutch in games like this.
>>
>>323940009
>It looks like the true Star Fox 64 successor we've been waiting for.

It's the same fucking game they have made for a fourth time now
>>
>>323940009
It looks so fucking tedious when you play footage of it side-by-side with levels from 64. Also, the graphics aren't just unimpressive, they're pretty outstandingly bad. Not even bolstered by good art direction, just fucking awful all round.
>>
>>323951912
>If you don't have my opinions then you just don't understand anything.

Bro the worst rating any Prequel has on RT is like a 57%. That means that just above half as many people liked it as hated it. Revenge of the Sith is just as high as any of the original trilogy. Now I can sit here and try to explain to you the very common sense logic that people that like the prequels aren't these braindead millenials like you believe but I'd be arguing with a brick wall. Instead I'll just let you know that this wild assertion that everyone hates them is empirically false.
>>
File: 1441161066864.gif (2 MB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
1441161066864.gif
2 MB, 400x240
>mfw Zero bombs becuase it's 64 all over again
>mfw 64fag tears will STILL blame Krystal or Platinum, since Miyamoto can't ever do wrong
>>
>>323953280
Except for the Star Fox fans seeing as it's expanding the game rather than adding boring walking TPS segments.
>>
>>323940009
>Sabotage a shitty niche game that it's only gonna be bought by the old autistic nintendrones

kek
>>
>>323952849
It was playable. Ain't no one's fault you're shit at learning new controls.

>>323952726
>better Star Fox with Kid Icarus
HAH. No. Sorry, but no. Kid Icarus' aerial portions were 100%, completely on-rails. There was very little to them aside from "move in circles forever". Also the number of times paths branched could be counted on one hand. I loved Kid Icarus to death and put in over a hundred hours between the online and trying to raise my difficulty level and score and making the perfect weapons, but the aerial portions appear in no way to be superior to Star Fox, except perhaps for in running dialogue.

>>323953280
Sorry man, but you don't represent enough people to be able to reliably say 'nobody'.
>>
Why even make these threads?
They're the same pointless shit every time.
>Why is it like SF64
>Why isn't it like SF64
>I don't know how to calibrate gyro controls
>I don't know how to toggle gyro controls off
>Muh grafix
>>
>consoles
>graphics
>>
>>323952150
>He thinks that old argument is valid

>>323952815
Nigger I think you forget another series has someone exactly like her, with the same abilities I mean. Shit you can even compare the majority of the Bucky crew to Fox, Falco, Krystal, Slippy, and a number of others.
>>
File: AdvancedShitposting.jpg (64 KB, 332x346) Image search: [Google]
AdvancedShitposting.jpg
64 KB, 332x346
>>323952059
>You have Platinum Games on the scene, and lack the high speed, precise, over tge top shit they are notorious for
>>
>>323940009
>>inb4 some underage shits say Assault was better because it was the first they played
Played both, remember watching a friend play the original. Assault wasn't bad and had the best multiplayer to date.
>>
>>323953270
?
>>
>>323952736
>>323952914
I respect the Prequels despite their flaws because Lucas at least took a creative risk, and expanded the lore.

Without the prequels, we'd never had KoToR, Clone Wars, and all the other shit people love about SW.

They're a different flavor than the OT, but they're also a different era, and fit just fine with the SW mythos.

TFA pissed me off for being completely void of any and all creativity.
>>
>>323953457
But it's not 64 all over again, it's worse.
>>
>>323953472
>boring TPS
The on-foot segments were the only fun part of Assault's campaign.

Dead serious, Fox moves FAST AS FUCK, the Landmaster moves at like 1/4th the speed in 64 and controls terribly, the Arwing controls like it's flying through molasses, and the overall level design is worse.

The on-foot segments are the only parts of Assault that aren't horribly slow compared to 64.
>>
>>323953270
I'm curious what you expected from the series. Were you ever really a fan of it to begin with? Assuming you actually enjoyed 64 at least at some point, why would you expect them to turn it into a completely different game, instead of taking that, making a couple of tweaks, and adding new features like control options or vehicles to it?
>>
File: Starfox_team.jpg (32 KB, 610x413) Image search: [Google]
Starfox_team.jpg
32 KB, 610x413
>>323953271
besides SNES Starfox, the reboot on the 64 was it's only good Starfox game since
>>
>>323953151
Nintendo rushed it, Assault was unfinished.
>>
>>323953212

Zero at least, though its not often you see any fanart, when you do, it always has every single character past 64. My point stands on waifu material is the only way to save that shit in japan, because they already despise Zero for being a rehash of a game you can buy for $10 on the Wii and potentially the WIiU VC.
>>
>>323953891
I think they had some huge bug or something break the game mid-development so they had to really scramble to get it out, shame since what we did get looked so promising
>>
>>323953828
>The on-foot segments were the only fun part of Assault's campaign.
Which is saying something considering how bad it is.

>Fox moves FAST AS FUCK
Which is part of the issue here mind you, it doesn't play like a TPS in the slightest because it's too fucking fast.
>>
>>323953887
I actually liked Starfox Adventures

But i don't know if you can consider it a proper Starfox game
>>
>>323953761
Both those games look miles better than Zero.
>>
>>323953669
That's 100% true though.
>>
>>323953792

It is though, but imagine it getting the Twin Snakes treatment, or to be more accurate the Zero Mission treatment but if it was worse.
>>
>>323954090
That's cool.
I still don't get what your point is.
>>
>>323954214
SFZero looks like shit, and all the shilling in the world won't save it from shit reviews and abysmal sales.
>>
File: i_did.png (281 KB, 450x282) Image search: [Google]
i_did.png
281 KB, 450x282
>>323954076
>I actually liked Starfox Adventures
>But i don't know if you can consider it a proper Starfox game
no, but it's a horrible Zelda game. i mean, just look how bad the almost final boss was
>>
>>323953271
Because it isn't a story driven game.
Well not until Adventures, the turning point of the franchise as far as quality goes.

Anyway, it's an arcade shooter they're meant to expand the gameplay over anything else. The initial story is just there to as more of a role playing feeling I suppose.
>>
>>323954107
Well, it's good to know that you haven't played Bayonetta, Vanquish, Anarchy Reigns, MGR:R or TW101
>>
Hey.
I'm raising awareness/shilling these videos.
Enjoy. Or don't. Whatever floats your boat. Fucking hell these anchovies are making me nauseous.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJentYtZXkk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOPx4s0sxfU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEX44YC_CRM
>>
>>323954368
Post it
>>
Call me when they give the IP to Platinum and give them full creative freedom. Right now, it looks like bland garbage.
>>
>>323954368
and yet still a better Zelda game than TP and Skyward Sword, and almost as good as Wind Waker.
>>
>>323954323
It looks like shit to you because you're expecting from Star Fox what Star Fox ain't. Just call the whole franchise shit while you're at it. It's basically the same thing.
>>
>>323953636

Forgot my pic, but seriously the Bucky crew is easily compared to Star Fox's Bucky = Fox, Dead Eye Duck = Falco, Jenny = Krystal, Human = Slippy, Robot = ROB.

Those who actually might've seen the show might have an idea of who's like the cast, at least for Peppy, Wolf and crew, etc.
>>
>>323954437
But those are prime examples of the fast-paced games that Platinum puts out, that that guy was talking about. Go back and read his post again.
>>
>>323944590
>>323945112
Stop encouraging him. His over use of commas are easy to spot out as well as his uninformed opinions.
>>
>>323954478
I don't get it. Is it supposed ot be funny and I'm just missing the point?
>>
>>323954498
>Wind Waker
>Better than anything
Shouldn't youngin's be asleep at this hour?
>>
File: 시발이게뭐지.jpg (30 KB, 396x292) Image search: [Google]
시발이게뭐지.jpg
30 KB, 396x292
>>323954615
I stand like a retard
>>
>>323954498
No it isn't.
>>
>>323954498
Even Link's Crossbow Training was a better Zelda game than Adventures.
>>
File: aircraft_tetris.jpg (70 KB, 413x415) Image search: [Google]
aircraft_tetris.jpg
70 KB, 413x415
>>323953636
>He thinks that old argument is valid
>i'll bite
ok, what spot can a tribal primitive fill in an air force mercenary team. we have two ace pilots (who went to school for their job, btw), a veteran, and a mechanic/engineer. i can't think of anything that Krystal can possibly add to the Starfox team besides air traffic controller
>>
>>323954323
Okay that's cool.
But why do you keep comparing it to Ace Combat?
>>
>>323954702
Wind Waker had great graphics, great music, the best combat, a good story, it just had shit tier pacing and bad dungeons.

Its problems are the filler, the dungeons, and the overworld. Still better than Twilight Princess, and infinitely superior in every single way to Skyward Sword, a game with so few redeeming qualities you could count them on one hand.
>>
>>323954695
They're clips from an upcoming fan series done in the stylistic vein of 80's cartoons.

Supposedly it's gonna have both serious and comedic moments, but it's not trying to tie itself down. I actually think the animation, appearance, voicework, and writing so far all sound extremely promising.
>>
>>323954813
She can add a good fucking pilot.

Slippy is an incompetent piece of shit who gets the team into trouble any time he's out in the field.

Krystal can actually decently hold her own.

Slippy is a fucking liability as a pilot. Yes he's a mechanic, but that doesn't mean he should be out in the field, it means he should be on the ship fixing shit.
>>
>>323954368

Hilariously it's better than any modern Zelda game to date now, even if development got fucked thanks to the buyout. The best part is Zeldafags will defend this.

Hell Zelda fucking did the exact same thing before by being completely different from the overhead adventure everyone knew, I get the difference and all especially on the original factor with Adventures, but why the fuck is it ok for Zelda to pull this shit and now Star Fox? I think Nintendo owning Dinosaur Planets a damn good thing as;

>Rare killed themselves and are now a shell of its former self
>It would've been as dead as every old IP they made, regardless of the collection they released which is just a big fuck you
>It would've most likely been ruined like Banjo, Conker, and even Perfect Dark
>>
>>323954913
Because Ace Combat is good. SF64 was good. Assault was good.

But Zero looks like shit.
>>
>>323954813
Warn them when an enemy is approaching or something, don't understand why she's such a problem when Miyu and Fay exist

Btw not him
>>
>>323954946
>bad dungeons
lol.
>>
>>323954913
Because they're both Arcade Flight simulators, and AC is an example of it done right.

Zero and its dumb chicken walker is not.
>>
>>323955294
aside from the two co-op dungeons with Makar and Medli, all the dungeons in Wind Waker are forgettable bullshit and not fun in the slightest.
>>
>>323954813

>Originated on an advanced planet
>Has no idea what the fuck happened to it or even if her folks are alive
>Her ability could easily be used as what Metroid Prime 1 did if you scanned the Parasite Queen, i.e. finding a hidden weak spot that does far more damage, or in this case that and instant kills the boss, with a potential comedic outcome from the enemy and during the fight. "Now you remember how to handle this thing right? You must not allow this section of your ship to be hit, otherwise the entire thing will go down". Krystal then informs you of said section and you fuck the boss over
>>
>>323955226
>>323955318
I think I get what you guys are saying, but there hardly the same game.
I mean they've always been different series. Haven't they?
>>
>>323955190
>I get the difference and all especially on the original factor with Adventures, but why the fuck is it ok for Zelda to pull this shit and now Star Fox?
Because the problem with Zelda 2 wasn't that it was particularly bad but that it had Simon's quest tiers of directions from the NPCs.
For what it's worth the game controlled pretty damn well.

Adventures didn't do the same for the Star Fox series. Instead it teased us with the original Star Fox gameplay everyone wanted then removed it for a terrible Zelda clone with puzzles a third trimester fetus could figure out. Not even Skyward Sword had that level of ease.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.