[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
obsidian fallout 4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 13
File: obsidian-entertainment-logo.jpg (22 KB, 530x165) Image search: [Google]
obsidian-entertainment-logo.jpg
22 KB, 530x165
obsidian has said on several occasions that they want to do another fallout game

how would it go ?

would they use fallout 4's engine or just make their own thing ?

what would you want to see ?
>>
>>323931661
Chicago, baja, arizona

Legion heavy game would be interesting but not necessary

Start off as some tribal
Preferably some backwater fuck no story

Bring back revolvers and unique weapons
See some change in the wasteland west coast from the second dam battle

Something ive been interested in is the multiple play option. Real dumb but makes 4 endings from new vegas viable. Start off by choosing who won the second dam battle changing the game very slightly

Idk just want to make all you guys happy
>>
zenimax would make them use bethesda's engine and work. it'd basically be fallout 4, but with actually rpg elements and good writing. i'd be okay with that.
>>
>>323932382
maybe they could find a way to take out the goddamn dialogue wheel
>>
Midwestern BoS
Neo Feudalism
Deathclaw companion
>>
>>323932382

I hope it's like NV, where you create your character and they hand you the world.

That said, despite the hivemind, 4 was fun and despite how stupid the story was, they did manage voicework and giving the character a real back story pretty well.
>>
>>323932585

i'll admit 4 was fun but it wasn't an RPG

and taking the RPG out of fallout is like making quake a 4x game
>>
>>323932202
I'd like to see a fallout from the Legion side of the dam, with the NCR showing up half way through, part of the ending themes being "do I want my people to be swallowed up by the legion or the NCR?"
>>
>>323932585
i enjoyed fallout 4 as well but it wasn't what i wanted for fallout. it plays more like an action shooter, like far cry 4 or something. there's very little "rpg" in this rpg and that reduces the amount of time you can put into it. like, fallout new vegas was a game that i could put 100+ hours into. fallout 4 got dull and seemed over after 30-40 hours. bethesda is making their games so shallow and repetitive.

i thought far cry 4 was funner than fallout 4. if bethesda is going to keep making action games, then they need to get better at it
>>
>>323932843
That's what NV was tho
>>
>>323932824
>not wanting to play Quake 5: Strogg Home, where you play as a strogg girl returning home to her family to find out her sister is a secret lesbian
>>
>>323931661
Since the last one was Nevada, I think the logical directions for the next game would be Oregan (north), Arizona (south), or Colorado (east)

Maybe Utah.
>>
They should let the Fallout franchise die. Wait a few years and then introduce a new post apocalyptic IP. Fallout is a shell of what it was.
>>
File: 1399617135634.jpg (594 KB, 1944x1944) Image search: [Google]
1399617135634.jpg
594 KB, 1944x1944
>>323932585
I genuinely didn't enjoy Fallout 4. But i admit that it is actually a good game. Just not an rpg. Some people that play open world games like farcry and assassins creed and maybe borderlands could still enjoy it though.

Bethesda needed to realize that a lot of the fallout player base only play actual rpg's for the character interaction and choice&consequences.
>>
>>323933038
You don't really play as a tribal, so you're not really invested in the outcome, and the legion are kind of minor, plus they're post-apocalyptic nazi-romans.

I'd like to see a game where you're looking for whats best for your tribe, and the NCR are slightly more evil, maybe treating you like the native americans of history, the legion being slightly more noble
>>
>>323931661
They should make their own post-apocalyptic game under a brand new IP so Bethesda has no potential of fucking up a good vision. I lost all faith in Bethesda after they took RAGE and turned it into Fallout 3.5.
>>
>>323931661

nothing.

i'm sick of fucking post-apocalyptic settings and DEFINITELY sick of fallout. it's literally the most cancerous post apocalyptic universe next to borderlands.

>le unique pseudo 1950-60's america post-nuclear war setting

just fucking kill your fucking self you hack fucking cunts.
>>
>>323933518
Didn't play new vegas?
>>
>>323933518
>fallout is only 3 and 4
here's your reply
>>
>>323933079
He said 4x not 3x
>>
File: 1452535710666.gif (721 KB, 446x251) Image search: [Google]
1452535710666.gif
721 KB, 446x251
>>323931661
>obsidian

Nope

their RPG's are actually worse than Bethesda's usually

Besides, can't we at least wait until Fallout 4 starts getting DLC and mod tools before we start talking about a new game altogether? Fallout 4 is not dead yet!
>>
>>323933309
i've been dreaming that obsidian will make a bethesda-style first person rpg set in the pillars of eternity world

it's a popular game formula but for some reason only bethesda seems willing to make games like that. i think it would sell well because normies love this style of "go anywhere and dick around" rpg and they'd really like the races like the godlikes and the beast races.
>>
>>323933782
Fuck off Todd
>>
>>323933782
it was born dead
>>
>>323933782
I prefer Bethesda RPGs too but they haven't made one in like a decade.
>>
File: 345345.jpg (24 KB, 333x333) Image search: [Google]
345345.jpg
24 KB, 333x333
>>323933782
>>
>>323932585
It was fun but it's less of an rpg than Mass Effect 2 was and that's saying something.

Pretty much just became a farcry clone with less fun gameplay.
>>
>>323933909
Fuck off Josh Sawyer, you pathetic SJW wiener

Why don't you go back to kickstarter, you liberal faggot
>>
>>323933782
fallout four was doa, retard
onsidian can't make another fallout soon enough as the fps we just got from bethesda is hot garbage
>>
>>323933891
>instead of making first person open world RPGS they keep shoehorning RPG elements into FPS games and ruining them
god fucking damnit
>>
>>323933291
You can play as a tribal, and the ending of legion, NCR, or a third way. The legion ISN'T noble and the Republic isn't particularly evil- just sometimes corrupt, inept, or stupid depending on who is on the scene.

I guess caring for your tribe wold be an extension of F4's colonizing mechanics.
>>
File: 1450757204395.jpg (121 KB, 601x601) Image search: [Google]
1450757204395.jpg
121 KB, 601x601
>>323931661
What would the official canon ending to NV be?

Who won the battle for Hoover Dam?
>>
>>323934417
Wildcards.
>>
File: 110-1964x1538.jpg (533 KB, 1964x1538) Image search: [Google]
110-1964x1538.jpg
533 KB, 1964x1538
>>323934417
With no involvement from the courier?

Let's assume he died when benny shit him. Benny would never been able to get into the lucky 38. So a Yes-man ending would not happen.

Mr house seems to be aware of the bugs and hacks that the followers of apocalypse exploited to build Yes-man. House probably allowed yes-man to exist because he thought benny was incompetent anyway.

NCR would have lost for certain. They are already at the brink of collapse at the start of new vegas. The democracy won't survive the assassination of the president. Let alone the war against legion.

Mr house would probably exploit the situation by letting legion and NCR fight it out resulting in a pyrrhic victory for legion. Most of their elite soldiers and commanders having perished in the war.

The securitrons are quick to finish off what's left of the legion frontline.

Mr house picks up his old Rocketship R&D. And develops interstellar spaceships and orbital nuclear capability. Nuking every faction that is a long term threat to him (Legion, larger brotherhood of steel, (commonwealth,the institution)). And he then starts the relocation of humanity. Giving them a second chance to prosper.
>>
>>323933663

No i spent more time playing 2 than any of the others actually. I hate the shitty fucking 1950's aesthetics, the forced greaser culture shit in it, the retarded fucking mutants and boring uninspired creatures. it's just fucking generic as fuck.

Haven't even touched 4 and probably never will because i'm just so fucking tired of fallout.

>>323933652

New Vegas was literally just Fallout 3 + generic western shit. Couldn't play it at first because it was so fucking buggy that it was legit unplayable for the first week of release. I didn't come back to it until a few months after it came out and everyone had hyped it up to be the "greatest fallout game of all time", so i was pretty unimpressed with it when i realized it was 7-8/10 at best.

The one thing i did like about New Vegas was enviroments and how they didn't feel like the typical Bethesda garbage where a "giant city" is literally 5 buildings. It felt more like Fallout 2 which wasn't perfect but it was miles better than how 3 was.
>>
I completely avoided this hellhole until I finished F4 (today)

I understand the bad feelings about the ridiculous simplification of every RPG aspect, but why is the story considered bad?
>>
>>323931661
I want good writing

But after PoE

I doubt it
>>
File: portrait_zahua_lg.png (117 KB, 210x330) Image search: [Google]
portrait_zahua_lg.png
117 KB, 210x330
The Fallout series is over. It's been irredeemably ruined with 3 and it will never be good again. It's dead. Let it rest in peace and move on, brothers.

Leave Obsidian alone, let them make their own IP's and work on new cool shit, it's giving us far better better output than if they were constrained by Bethesda's terrible open world design philosophy and awful engine.
>>
Obsidian should ditch that cancer engine.
>>
>>323933309
Bethesda didn't make RAGE
>>
>>323935276
>benny shit him
>>
File: sweating ronin2.jpg (72 KB, 544x800) Image search: [Google]
sweating ronin2.jpg
72 KB, 544x800
>>323931661
they said they wanted to make one set in new orleans

i think it would have the potential to be neat but it sounds a little difficult from a writing standpoint

what factions would be there? bos again? legion scouts?
>>
>>323935408
institute wants to replace humanity with robots because (???)
cant call father out on any of his bullshit
factions lock out and you have to kill other factions, no choice involved
minutemen are boring as fuck
shaun
>>
>>323936359
New ones
>>
>>323936404
But the Institute doesn't want to do that
>>
>>323936592
they kind of do, they're even making synth animals to restore the fauna (gorillas)

>>323936404
the factions kill each other for survival and to prevent the ones with conflicting views to pose a threat to another one's plans
it's exactly the same that happened in New Vegas, like house telling you to kill the BoS
>>
>>323932554
Mods, my friend.
The top one at nexus made that game enjoyable for me. I would have quitted otherwise>>323932554
>>
>>323936359
voodoo cultists
mardi gras party cultists (a chem cartel?)
minutemen-esque merchant settlement organization
survivors from the vault-tec corporation (the wikia says a big R&D facility exists but has no defined location)
a local drug-free mafia type organization (to oppose thechem cartel)
>>
The way dialogue works alone almost makes Alpha Protocol: Fallout a good guess for what Obsidian would do, but that game relied heavily on events progressing in a certain way.

You could start fights in certain dialogues but in FO4 you can escape the wheel nearly all of the time in any conversation and start a fight or even leave the quest area entirely. There would have to be even more contrivances to keep the player on the right track during story-heavy missions than FO4 already has in place.

Any of the other systems which aren't rotten to the core would take much more work to fix up for another game than was the case for FO3 to NV.
>>
>>323931661
>obsidian said

Bethesda won't let them anyways, they absolutely screwed them over in NV and they will never even give them a chance of making another fallout game.

Also given FO4's base game I doubt even obsidian can fix the story and dialogues.
>>
>>323936026
you again

why don't you leave your pasta alone
>>
>>323937653
he's right though, NV was the brief death throes of the Fallout franchise before completely rotting in its coffin as FO4.
>>
>>323931661
>obsidian has said on several occasions that they want to do another fallout game
source?
>>
File: 1451809745304.png (273 KB, 469x480) Image search: [Google]
1451809745304.png
273 KB, 469x480
>>323935309
sounds like you're just an autistic nostalgiafag
>>
>>323937609
>Bethesda won't let them anyways, they absolutely screwed them over in NV and they will never even give them a chance of making another fallout game.

by splitting of the fanbase they can essentially sell the same game twice without any negative backlash seems like a win win for everyone
>>
>>323934417
The fucking NCR, obviously.
>>
Don't care where it's set, as long as they take the same approach as NV and prove Bethesda to be the hacks they are.
>>
Unfortunately, Bethesda made the Sole Survivor in Fallout 4 have enough backstory that it was actually pretty hard to create a role, but not enough that it was an established character. This led it to end up being shit at both.
>>
>>323935276
Your analysis is shit. Reads like bad fanfic.
>>
>>323931661
Set in China
All I want
>>
>>323939791
Don't speak english. This is put through translation.
>>
File: 1452622906125.png (292 KB, 1639x1920) Image search: [Google]
1452622906125.png
292 KB, 1639x1920
I want to know what happened with the tunnlers. Avellone set up for another apocalypse
>>
>>323940012
ok forgiveness prease
>>
>>323936746
>comparing the factions in New Vegas to the "factions" in 4
Being forced to destroy a possible enemy for a faction path is fine, but when literally all of them are "destroy possible enemies" with no choice like Independent (which is what Minutemen SHOULD have been), it's just fucking stupid. Especially when you're forced to nuke the Commonwealth at the end no matter what, even if, you know, your character would be diametrically opposed to such an action.
>>
Hopefully they would remove the voice acting. Maybe one day we'll reach a stage where we can customize the voice and personality of the voice actor but until then it's always a shit idea for a game like this.
>>
>>323940127
If they're anything like his mouthpiece, they got their shit kicked in by the Courier and never came back.
>>
>>323934417
How can a non-canon game have a canon ending?
>>
>>323940581
Hopefully. Avellone wrote the series into a corner with those things. I know he wants the games to go back to being like the first game, but having spooky dudes coming down to the west coast and killing everyone isn't a good way to do it
>>
>>323940352
But you don't nuke the Commonwealth
>>
>>323931661
The biggest saving point (for me at least) of New Vegas over 3 was the use of every single skill in dialogue. No way will that be possible with the new system so I'm not even that hyped.
>>
>>323931661
It's not their franchise, so they can say they want to do it all they want. Obsidian will be stuck doing shitty kick starter games, and will never get their hands in another AAA title.
>>
>>323936404
>factions lock out and you have to kill other factions, no choice involved
why is this a bad thing. you had to do this with the major factions of NV too. They have literally no reason to get on with each other
>>
>>323944125
You don't have to kill them though, that's the outlier.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.