[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I've been refunding a lot of games because I thought
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 3
File: refeund my shit up.jpg (40 KB, 525x160) Image search: [Google]
refeund my shit up.jpg
40 KB, 525x160
>I've been refunding a lot of games because I thought they'd be good but they were shit
>Steam sends me this passive aggressive message reminding me to check out user reviews

I like that I can try new games without worrying that I might waste my money on something I don't like, but does anybody know if at some point Steam decides that you've had enough refunds and stops giving them?
>>
Dunno, try your luck and then tell us.
>>
>>323916042
This thread again, awesome! :D
>>
>>323916042
>but does anybody know if at some point Steam decides that you've had enough refunds and stops giving them?

Yes, they do if they think you are abusing the system
>>
>>323916042
That's passive aggression? Op I think you're just sensitive.
>>
>>323916042
>I'm buying games by impulse and end up not liking them, steam tells me to stop being a faggot and do some research
>>
I just got that after refunding "That Dragon, Cancer"

It had no fucking dragons and the cancer story was boring.
>>
>this thread again
Anyone who posts in this thread without saging is officially a cuck
>>
>>323916487
Not posting is the same as sage
>>
File: 1387321028679.jpg (29 KB, 425x348) Image search: [Google]
1387321028679.jpg
29 KB, 425x348
>>323916042
>I thought they'd be good but they were shit
So what you're saying is that you didn't know enough about the product before you bought it?
Well gee maybe there's a way to fix that.
Perhaps a way you could be the benefactor of others' experiences with the game you are thinking about purchasing.
Maybe some kind of "review"
>>
>>323917137
Always hilarious seeing steamcucks defend bad business practices like threatening users that are sold shoddy products
>>
they added refunds because they were required to by a new EU law. i strongly doubt it stops applying if you do it an arbitrary amount of times
>>
>>323916418
>Customer Reviews
>Research

The last person I would ever trust is my peers, especially over the internet.
>>
>>323916042

legally, they can't if you are europe. Regardless of where you live they could ban you for this since most TOS says they can ban you for any reason they feel like.
>>
>>323917357
>c-cuck
>IT'S BAD TO MAKE ME PERSONALLY ACCOUNTABLE FOR MY FINANCES
>THEY SAID I SHOULD BE AN ADULT! THEY LITERALLY THREATENED ME!
>IT'S THEIR FAULT FOR NOT PERSONALLY PLAYING EVERY GAME AND MAKING SURE IT CATERS TO ME PERSONALLY

fuck off, autist. You don't have superior taste. You're just an autist

>b-but cuckolding
no. It's just you.
>>
>>323917357
>shoddy products
Unfortunately, your disliking a game has no bearing on it, as it is only an opinion that has no objective basis.
Honestly, if you are the one wasting your time buying a game you know exactly nothing about, playing it only to find out you don't like it, you need to do something better with your time.
>>
>>323917357
Nigger what?
There are all kinds of reviews and resources all over the internet (including those that steam itself provides) to tell people not to buy shit.
OP ignored that shit, bought shit on impulse and then complained when it was shit.
Steam didn't even say "NO MORE REFUNDS FOR YOU" they just said "look at what you're buying before you buy it you fucking retard"
>>
>>323917506
>pirate it
>play it
>buy it if you like it

>read reviews
>watch gameplay videos
>"B-B-BUT NO! STOP! IF I WANT TO PLAY IT I DON'T WANT IT SPOILED FOR ME AND I'LL MISS ANY CARDS OR ACHIEVEMENTS I'D GET FOR PLAYING IT SO YOUR POINT IS INVALID. I'M AN ADUUUULT!"
>>
>>323916042
Why are you surprise OP? Steam literally warns you that the refund system isn't a demo system.
>>
>>323916042
>being too retarded to buy only games you actually enjoy
How is it that you manage to buy a whole bunch of shit games?
>>
Why exactly is "I'm pretending to a cunt/moron/generally terrible person" /v/ most popular past-time?
What is the fucking point? It's not even fucking trolling, everybody knows it's a "joke" so what exactly is the fucking purpose of this exercise?
>>
Okay, so.

What if I read reviews and listened to friends and got games, to find out I didn't like it? I still hate being spoiled, but I'll read reviews and search out how well they're written, the reviewer's playtime, and so on before I decide if I want it.

Also keep in mind a lot of games you can refund, and the installation is still there, so you can just navigate to the folder and play it anyways since Steam doesn't always have its DRM inside of the game itself. Example: Dropsy. That thing creeped me the fuck out, and I refunded it. Now I have it anyways but I'll never play it goddamn that shit is just uncanny valley bothersome
>>
>>323916042

>but does anybody know if at some point Steam decides that you've had enough refunds and stops giving them?

I hope it does because of fuckers like you. Steam isn't a game renting system
>>
How many OP?
>>
>>323916042

yes, of course. you're abusing the system and you know it. they can and will cut you off.
>>
>>323919718
In all seriousness, I still don't get it. It seems silly and unreasonable for OP to try and refund everything and be so bad at picking out games. It feels as if he's adding just more unnecessary nonsense to this board.
>>
if they stop refunding it just send an email to any eu member's consumer protection agency
>>
Steam isn't blockbuster, you fag
>>
>>323917137
Steam reviews are pretty much the absolute worst though.
>>
>>323919718
You just described what /b/ does.
>>
>>323919787
Then refund it?? Also I have no clue what point you're trying to make with the refund trick for some games.
>>
>>323920279
>It feels as if he's adding just more unnecessary nonsense to this board.
80% of everything here is unnecessary nonsense and that putting extremely charitably. In fact, absolute majority of posts here are trash. Pure and simple.
And people revel in that shit. They literally just simply enjoy doing shitty things, acting shitty, and being shit. It boggles my mind, but it's how it works here, and how it has been working for the past few years.
>>
>>323916423
Why would you buy that awful drivel anyway? The developer is a heartless cunt who is glad his son is dead because "he's in heaven lol". Not only that, but for a game about cancer he isn't even giving any of the proceeds to cancer research, how is that acceptable? It's existence is disgusting, not even counting the fact that it looks like a piece of shit walking simulator "art" "game".
>>
>>323917357

how is this a big business practice? this faggot doesn't buy games, he rents them for free, just because he can. They may call him a double nigger and it wouldn't be a bad business practice
>>
>>323920431
"I was able to pet a dog. 10/10"

I wish they would get permabanned from Steam and lose their accounts.
>>
>>323920985
>Don't rate down bad reviews
>Don't upvote good reviews

Literally your fault because they're COMMUNITY REVIEWS
>>
Holy shit, all those "Gaben" cocksuckers

>b-but you aren't allowed to ask for a shitload of refunds, that's a-abuse :^(

Yes you are, shitheads
You're legally allowed to ask as many refunds as you can, and them blocking you from refunding is fucking illegal
In case you aren't aware, your based "Lord Gaben" didn't implement refunds because he wanted to, and will take every opportunity to take your customer rights away from you while sending those retarded messages to try to scare you away from using a basic constitutional right
>>
>>323920985
Agreed 100%, that shit is not helpful and that's not what reviews are for. Steam needs to prevent kids from posting.
>>
>>323921245
You dont go to a bookstore and refund books you just bought. After a while the manager will tell you to fuck off and go to a library.
>>
>>323921271
The problem is that stupid IGN 10/10 meme that late maymay adopters are still supporting.

Once it dies the shit reviews might die down.
>>
>>323921413
You absolutely can if you want to. They cannot and will not stop you because it is your right.
>>
>>323921245
blocking you from refunding may or may not be illegal in EU, it's fine in USA
>>
>>323921245

Refunds are when a product you geuninely wanted to buy turns out to not be what you wanted. Not to be used as a "buy, try then return if you don't like it" system.
Besides, they haven't done anything anti-consumer here. It's a bit of advice telling him to check out reviews before purchasing shit without thinking about it.
>>
>>323916042
>buying games on pc
>>
>>323921945
Why are you fucking idiots replying to that person as if it was worth replying to?!
You people are half the reason why this board is so much fucking shit in the first place.
>>
>>323916042
>passive aggressive
>>323917357
>threatening

You guys can't really make an argument against steam without forcing the issue can you?
>>
>>323916042
>read steam reviews
10/10 best game ever (like 300 of these)
Its for rage.
>>
>>323921904
Any business has the right to refuse sale.
>>
If there was a way to filter out "funny" reviews from the most helpful, then Steam reviews might be helpful.

DID A THING IN VIDO GAME I WOULD NOT DO IN REAL LIFE
66/14 WOULD BUY AGAIN
>>
>>323917448
>new
Fairly certain that's been around for years and years.
>>
>>323916042
Steam is not a book library. Steam is a vendor. People need to learn the significance of business transactions. Pay for your mistakes, then maybe you won't be such an uneducated buyer next time.
>>
>>323922618
But not to refuse a refund.
>>
>>323916042
Have you tried pirating the game and then buying if you like it?
>>
>>323922618
Not in Europe.
>>
>>323923607
Well. Refund that is.
>>
The only reason I'd refund a game is it flat out didn't work for reasons outside of my control.

These days, I don't run into that at all. Super rare, seems like most developers have their shit under control for the most part. Ten years ago it was a different story, all ports were complete fucking garbage

I wouldn't refund a game if I thought it sucked or didn't find it that fun, because I do a lot of research on a game deciding if I like it or not.

I like that Steam does refunds now, it's a good system and I'm not going to abuse a good system.
>>
>>323917506
>Access to the internet, a vast repository of information that many people in third-world countries would die for
>Access to video sites such as Youtube, which has endless videos of just about every video game
>Access to thousands of game review sites to check out screenshots and opinions from around the globe

And yet you still have the gall to complain that that's not enough, or it's too "difficult" to get information without playing the game yourself.
Can you even be any more of a pleb?
>>
>>323916042
Why are you reposting this shit again? Fuck off back to /pol/.
>>
>>323924141
okay
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.