[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
it sure is nice to know that Edmund is being the mature one here.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 19
it sure is nice to know that Edmund is being the mature one here.
>>
File: 1314965899593.png (99 KB, 247x248) Image search: [Google]
1314965899593.png
99 KB, 247x248
>>323894465
>>
>>323894465
context?
>>
Considering that he made Binding of Isaac I don't know what else you'd be expecting.
>>
File: 1452520093673.png (402 KB, 578x413) Image search: [Google]
1452520093673.png
402 KB, 578x413
>>323894465
Wait, they're actually gonna make you pay for what is basically a map editor? Jesus Christ
>>
Edmund seemed pretty cool last time I looked at his blog, what's happened in the interim? Is he butthurt that no one gives a shit about his other games?
>>
>>323894465
that's actually funny though
>>
>>323894465
now that's hilarious

>>323894873
no noteworthy context; he's the creator of Binding of Isaac
>>
>>323894942
that pic doesnt seem like something a butthurt person would make
>>
What, that asshat is still withholding content? Glad I didn't like Isaac.
>>
>>323894873
Edmund now has a track record of being SALTY AS FUCK

Rebirth:
>Secret character known as the Lost is implemented in the game with an extremely convoluted method of unlock, the method which is only revealed by dying with a useless item in a useless room to get a piece of a puzzle which will make a thing telling you what to do
>was expecting this not to be cracked for months
>was datamined and 'leaked' in about 3 days
>gets salty as fuck about it and it's referred to as "eating a hundred dollar steak in one bite"

Afterbirth:
>DLC is released
>to keep people from datamining and spoiling the game he released the game's content bit by bit to stretch it out
>people call him out on it
>i-it's a bug guys!
>turns out he held content hostage behind a stupid ARG that some autists bothered to do
>The Keeper is released at this point
>>
>>323894942

People liked Super Meat Boy, so no, he is a pretty cool guy that happens to be completely nuts.
>>
>>323894936

Poop is the epitome of humor.

>>323894942

I think he's always been the kind of whiny faggot to get buttflustered when people outside of his reddit circlejerk aren't happy to put up with his gay little games of adult hide and seek.

>So, could we get that video game you promised us? The one we paid for?
>Oh my God! What are you doing? I already counted to ten! If you don't hide, I'm not gonna let you play with my toys.
>>
>>323895004
it's a pic that a butthurt person who doesn't want to look like he's butthurt would make.
>>
>>323895078
I don't think he remained too salty over the Lost since they implemented a super easy extra way to unlock the Lost in Afterbirth.
>>
>>323894942

What? Edmund has always been an uppity pretentious cunt.
>>
still the least bad indie dev, especially considering the company he used to keep (cough cough)
actually he's a pretty ok guy
>>
>>323895078
>"eating a hundred dollar steak in one bite"

Tyrone said that you dumb cunt.
>>
>>323895113

SMB wasn't Ed's game, he was just part of the team. BoI is, he also has a bunch of Newgrounds flash shit and that cat game
>>
>>323895158
When did they do that? And it's been like a year since afterbirth so it's probably a "just change it I don't care anymore" change.
>>
File: nintendo does it.jpg (144 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
nintendo does it.jpg
144 KB, 1000x500
>>323894939
It's okay.
>>
>>323895078
neither of those things seem like him being "salty," you're just use /v/ language to try really hard to spin it that way

he wants people to discover things by playing the game and interacting with one another on wikis and shit, not just datamining. there is literally nothing wrong with that
>>
>>323895158

>I made a super secret puzzle.
>We ignored your gay little puzzle.
>Yeah, well you can't hurt my feelings if I break my own puzzle!

No, he seems salty as fuck.
>>
>>323894465
Why does Edmund alternate between being cool and being a faggot so frequently?
>>
>>323895224
I didn't say Edmund said it.

But Edmund still agreed with the analogy
>>
>>323895281
People were going to figure out how to unlock the lost in maybe a day at most anyways.

he sincerely thought it'd be this huge secret that nobody would figure out for months/years.

But as the achievements spoiled the existence of the lost in the first place, people knew what they were looking for.
>>
>>323895281

>there is literally nothing wrong with that

There is literally everything wrong with that. I play video games to enjoy myself, not dance for some fat fucking retards amusement. The fact that he's whined so much about people not wanting to participate in his gay little metagame is pathetic.
>>
File: 1429380367317.jpg (148 KB, 527x565) Image search: [Google]
1429380367317.jpg
148 KB, 527x565
>He's still this bootybothered about The Lost
>>
>>323895297
borderline personality disorder
>>
>>323895247
Lost was added in day 1 Rebirth. The extra method was added in day 1 Afterbirth.
>>
>>323895358
>People were going to figure out how to unlock the lost in maybe a day at most anyways.
not even that, we already had 3/4 of the puzzles finished and were hours away from finishing the fourth one before the lost got fulled leaked.
>>
>>323895384
You sound like you were personally trying to figure out how to unlock it yourself.
>>
>>323895358
>>323895384
You would never have found the lost on your own. At some point, you would've looked it up on a wiki. If faggots hadnt datamined, that wiki would've taken a long-ass time to fill out (on the order of weeks), making the lauch of the game a very fun and mysterious time. That's pretty cool.
>>
>>323895479

I wasn't. Why would you think that? I didn't even know it was a thing until I discovered that content in the game I bought was being deliberately hidden from me so some weird, loner faggot could play a shitty little game with his internet fanbase.

>>323895554

No, that's not cool. That's fucked up. If you want to play hide and go seek with some introverted scat fetishist on reddit, you have my blessing. But don't drag me into it, you prick.
>>
>>323895297
because he's a cool faggot
>>
/v/ - Us Weekly, Indie Dev edition.
>>
>>323895554
The method was almost found legitimately and was spoiled by dataminers a couple hours before they figured it out.

Edmund figured the only way to really keep shit a secret is to hide it behind a stupid fucking ARG

excuse the reddit but this is the entire story involving getting the rest of the fucking DLC from Edmund.

https://www.reddit.com/r/bindingofisaac/comments/3ss8oo/the_afterbirth_arg_a_stepbystep_summary/
>>
File: EggheadMcPolycephalus.jpg (421 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
EggheadMcPolycephalus.jpg
421 KB, 1280x720
>>323894465
Boy I can't wait for more DLC featuring exactly 2 items, 1 trinket, 1 boss, twelve more bullshit rooms, 11 of them with guaranteed damage, and, much more importantly, another MILLION CO-OP BABIES.
>>
>>323895627
>I didn't even know it was a thing until I discovered that content in the game I bought was being deliberately hidden from me so some weird, loner faggot could play a shitty little game with his internet fanbase.

So you're opposed to secrets and unlocks, then? Things like The Halo, which you only unlock by killing Mom with the Bible? Secret items, like Godhead and so forth? Because if you're complaining about having to dance to some fat retard's tune, that implies you were doing work to figure out what content was lost on your own, rather than reading the wiki or something and profiteering from OTHER people who were, in fact, dancing to some fat retard's tune for your benefit.

And if you're NOT opposed to secrets and unlocks as a whole, then I don't see why you'd complain about it.
>>
>>323895671
>reddit
Holy shit. Go back to reddit.
>>
File: later alt floors.png (33 KB, 800x520) Image search: [Google]
later alt floors.png
33 KB, 800x520
>>323895687
>tfw fan spriters make more interesting alt floors than what afterbirth provided

These were some guy's sprites for an alt Cathedral, Sheol and Womb. Basilica, Topheth and Corpse.
>>
File: Basilica.jpg (119 KB, 442x286) Image search: [Google]
Basilica.jpg
119 KB, 442x286
>>323895842
>>
>>323895934
Hey, this looks pretty neat
>>
>>323895842
>>323895934
you know the person who made these literally got hired to work on afterbirth right? for being popular on reddit no less fuck her
>>
>>323895842
they actually hired the person that made these

and realized too late that she was only good at reskins and that they didn't have any AI ideas
>>
File: Corpse boss.jpg (311 KB, 780x468) Image search: [Google]
Corpse boss.jpg
311 KB, 780x468
>>323895934

>>323895959
Corpse is more interesting than scarred womb would ever be.
>>
>>323895627
>But don't drag me into it
you would not have been searching for secrets on your own. you would've been reading wikis like literally every single other person.

the number of people who actually engage in figuring out secrets and filling out wikis is so impractically small that i can safely guarantee that you aren't one of them.
>>
>>323895401
Why is every indie dev mentally ill?
>>
>puzzles that are so arcane the only realistic way to solve them is to crowdsource it to thousands of people

What is the point?
>>
>>323896072
the point is crowdsourcing thousands of people
that's reasonably unique, and a fun thing to see. why does it need a "point"?
>>
Fuck off with your celebrity bullshit. Isn't there an entire subreddit dedicated to this?
>>
>>323895823

I'm opposed to any situation where the game does not provide adequate information. In the case of real roguelikes, this is alleviated somewhat by maintaining online documentation. If the game isn't going to provide adequate information, then making an effort to make sure that information is available is acceptable.

This fat little faggot chose to circumnavigate all of that so he could play a super secret game of hide and seek with sad fucks like you. Fuck him, and fuck you you smug weasel.

>>323896072

The point is making faggots like Edmund and >>323895823 feel clever for doing fuck all but spin their own wheels. We've all succeeded in feeding their delusions of import. Whee.
>>
>>323896164
He's a game dev you tripshit.
>>
>Blue Baby
>Lamb
>Mega Satan
>Hush
>Ultra Greed

I'm still waiting for Edmund to remember that at some point this game have a primary antagonist and make a True Mom boss fight
>>
>>323895297
he's the kind of person that was abused for so long he developed a façade of not caring
then he got a girlfriend and the façade went down and suddenly he lost all his defense mechanisms
>>
File: 1440850229409.jpg (29 KB, 283x357) Image search: [Google]
1440850229409.jpg
29 KB, 283x357
>>323896143
>Ed, who had been making "warmer/colder" Twitter posts to indicate how on-track the community was, sent a tweet saying "We almost revealed more evil right?". The first letter of each word spells out WARMER. Since this is the second time that mechanic has been used, user DIXINMYAZZ applied it to the new voice mail while omitting the last whispered sentence, getting "CC GGDGHF KG HFFEBG". Tweeting this to Ed confirmed it as the right answer.

>Converting the message with an alphanumeric code (A=1, B=2, etc.) gives GPS coordinates for a building in Santa Ana with building number 109. The developers continued to drop Twitter hints about digging and looking for loose change, but warned people not to do anything stupid or illegal.

>Around midnight, six fags went to the location and explored the area. They found a yellow poster with Bible quotes on it, with a picture of a person growing up, growing old, and dying on the back. They also found a pile of change on the ground. Digging where the change was revealed a buried Greed statue with writing on it. At some point they also discovered someone in a parked car, who drove off when they approached them. This was likely Tyrone, who posted pictures of the expedition on his Twitter account.

>Using the writing on the statue (with &#64 being ASCII for "@"), a Twitter page for Greed was found. The twitter address is @iamisaacsbody and the password was isaacisdead (it has since been changed). After the community "gave him a voice" as hinted on the statue by posting on the Twitter account, the developers uploaded an "achievement unlocked" image saying "The community unlocked... something hidden!"

>The game was then updated, adding new character The Keeper.
>>
>>323896060

>You would have had content denied to you to feed some prick's ego.

Yeah, that's my fucking point.
>>
>>323896143
If the game requires me to solve a puzzle without providing adequate information to do so within the game itself then it's a stupid game.

If people want to make stupid fucking impossible puzzles that's fine, but they shouldn't get fanny flustered when people solve bullshit puzzles in bullshit ways.
>>
>>323896287
this sounds better than it actually was
it was a fucking location-locked ARG, the worst thing you can do
for god's sake, 80% of the people who found the statue weren't even BoI fans
>>
>>323896063
because "mentally ill" is a catch-all that 90% of the worlds population falls under in some capacity
>>
>>323896372
location locked ARG in the middle of the night where people could fucking die.
>>
>>323896167
>making faggots like Edmund and >>323895823 # feel clever
i'm not him, but nobody's claiming to "feel clever"; we're not even saying we participated
the discovery is a fun thing to watch. it's fine if you personally don't like it, but you're making the fucking retarded argument that it just should not exist

it's the exact same thing as the launch of a souls game. everyone working together online to figure out all of the secrets is a very fun time. cool your fucking jets. you aren't convincing a single person to hate the game by spouting "hide and seek" four posts in a row.
>>
>>323896418

Whatever makes you feel more normal, bruh.
>>
>>323896167
>I'm opposed to any situation where the game does not provide adequate information.

That's fair, but ultimately I don't understand where this hatred comes from considering non-foreshadowed unlocks have been a staple of gaming from a long time. Cheat codes, secret characters, secret rooms, basically half the Adventure games from the 90s, these things have been in vidya forever, and are half the source for greentexts in "that kid" threads.

>smug
Not my fault if you decide to be mad for no reason at something that's always been done.
>>
>>323896164
How about you go back to posting ecchi you fucktard?
>>
>>323896328
>If the game requires me to solve a puzzle without providing adequate information to do so within the game itself then it's a stupid game.
you're asserting that with no basis other than it's what's typically done. this game is mean to be different. you refuse to accept that, and judge it on irrelevant criteria.
>>
>>323896593
In that case Edmund has absolutely no basis on which to be butt hurt. He created a puzzle and people solved it. The way they solved it should ultimately be irrelevant, right?
>>
>>323896593
oh, and also the game doesn't "require" you to solve fucking anything, you just want to unlock everything

if it were something progression-blocking? you MIGHT have a point.
>>
>>323896164

OH THE IRONY
>>
>>323896459

>working together online to figure out all of the secrets is a very fun time

No it isn't.

>nobody's claiming to "feel clever"

You clearly are. See above.

>you aren't convincing a single person to hate the game

I love the game. I have two hundred hours in it. Excuse the fuck out of me for having an opinion on the ARG shit.

>>323896517

A. Some things deserve to stay in the past. There is a litany of shitty things we have tried that should not be tried again. The fact that they once existed does not justify doing them again.
B. Binding of Isaac locks entirely separate modes of play behind walls that are almost completely game independent. That is not even vaguely the same as cheat codes, secret characters or rooms.

And it is, of course, your fault that you're a smug little faggot.

>>323896593

>It's not shitty, it's "different" and your opinions don't mean anything la la la.

I'm not him, but legit fuck you.
>>
>>323896690
>if it were something progression-blocking? you MIGHT have a point.

That was the whole Keeper ARG fiasco.
>>
>>323896679
i think his degree of upset-ness is completely justified. he didnt throw a fucking tantrum and cancel Fez 2; he just said he didn't like it and tried to prevent it next time. He's allowed to not like things (and so are you)
>>
>>323896164
fuck off with your trip faggotry. isn't their an entire website dedicated to this?
>>
File: 2015-11-22_00003.jpg (187 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-22_00003.jpg
187 KB, 1920x1080
>>323896746
same here, I have 100% achievement completion for Afterbirth and I think that the ARG lockouts were fucking retarded. I just want to play the game and unlock things by playing it, not doing a shitty puzzle only autists would bother doing.
>>
>>323896805

Sure, he's allowed to try to fuck me for spite. I'm allowed to call him a piece of shit for doing so. What's your point?
>>
File: 1304180641140.png (99 KB, 313x316) Image search: [Google]
1304180641140.png
99 KB, 313x316
>>323896465
>being so underaged

It's adorable
>>
>>323896805
You and him both seem pretty upset to be honest family
>>
>>323896746
>>It's not shitty, it's "different" and your opinions don't mean anything la la la.
>I'm not him, but legit fuck you.
i did not say his opinions don't mean anything. verbatim, his post reads "then it's a stupid game."
That's not an opinion; he's trying to state a fucking factual judgment, but he's judging it by completely irrelevant criteria.
>>
>>323895281

Salty is becoming visibly bothered (ie: looking like you just ate something really salty) by an outcome you dislike. How justified they are in being upset has no bearing.

If you go online and make retarded food analogies because someone played your game wrong, you're fucking salty.
>>
>>323896875
dude i haven't even played BoI apart from twenty-odd hours when afterbirth was free on PS+, I just don't like seeing people lying and being hyperbolic on here
>>
>>323896746
>entirely separate modes of play behind walls that are almost completely game independent.
>That is not even vaguely the same as cheat codes, secret characters or rooms.

Presuming we're still talking about the Lost, what you're saying is

>a secret character is not even vaguely the same thing as a secret character.

Do you not need to play the game to unlock the Lost and the Keeper? Aren't they unlocked through the game mechanics? Or did you literally have, YOURSELF, to call some phone number and place an order for a little box to arrive in your home that you attach to your computer and adds the code for the Lost and the Keeper into the game? So far the only more or less plausible justification I can see for all this is "he made the community jump through a bunch of hoops to unlock the content!" which is A - not something that affects you any more than waiting for new content to be available through updates and B - something that's always been done, but not crowdsourced
>>
>>323896951

Are you six? Do you need us to introduce every value judgement with the phrase, "in my opinion" to accommodate your stupid ass?

How fucking retarded do you have to be to think that a game being "stupid" is a "fucking factual judgment"? Jesus fucking christ. Are you even allowed pick your own clothes, or does mom worry you might chocke yourself to death?
>>
>>323897097
i dont think ive ever made someone this mad on here, this is great
>>
>>323897067

Real talk: how loose is your anus? Do you just enjoy getting fucked? I'm not even gonna engage with your petty little semantic argument over the phrase "secret character" (as though a fucking moveset were equivalent to a ruleset).

It does affect me. Because it means my experience with a product I purchased is dependent on a shitty little game played between the faggot who made it and the people who put up with him. That's fucking nonsense.

>>323897187

Whatever lets you put another tick in the W column, bruh.
>>
File: 1452722885003.png (293 KB, 731x597) Image search: [Google]
1452722885003.png
293 KB, 731x597
>>323896459
>the discovery is a fun thing to watch. it's fine if you personally don't like it, but you're making the fucking retarded argument that it just should not exist
Who's making fucking retarded arguments? I bought a game to play it, not to go out and find a piece of paper in some obscure location, especially not when it's in other fucking side of the world, especially when it's locking me out of content.

>it's the exact same thing as the launch of a souls game. everyone working together online to figure out all of the secrets is a very fun time.
The key word here is "online". Being a spectator who can't do shit is not fun.
>>
>>323897270
Insulting my anus doesn't make you any more right, fagboy. And if you think the Lost is literally the first secret character in videogame history to have unique mechanics associated with it, you're insane.

I made you a question. Did you not unlock it through game mechanics? Yes, you did. So it is not game-independent, you don't get to magically play the Lost because some guy in Russia figured out the magical secret code, you had to unlock it.

Also, calling me out for "arguing semantics" is really rich when literally half a line later you're all "Nooo, this is not a moveset, it's a RULEset! The two can NEVER intersect!"

Two words for you. Blue Baby.
>>
It's fucking ridiculous that this is still going on.

I had fun playing Binding of Isaac but didn't buy in that dumb expansion pack.

Now this is, what, the fourth expansion for that game? Fucking hell.
>>
>>323896254
Or throw a curve ball and make Dad a boss fight.
>>
>>323897598

Are you arguing that ruleset and moveset mean the same thing, or do you just not know what the word semantics means?

No, nevermind, I'm more interested in what the fuck your point is? Even taking everything you said as true, you're trying to tell me that shitty things in the past make shitty things today alright? Or maybe your point is that a magical Russian talking to me on the internet is actually part of the video game?

You're grasping at straws so hard that you don't even know what you're talking about anymore.
>>
File: 1448238948238.png (7 KB, 350x346) Image search: [Google]
1448238948238.png
7 KB, 350x346
>rogue legacy was complete shiiiiiiiit
>spelunky is just there
>isaac is now some sort of subscription based game, and ruined
>necrodancer has no replay value
>nuclear throne is buggy and unfinished
>catacomb kids is probably garbage
>vagante also probably mediocre

this genre is making me cry right now
>>
>>323895078
Datamining ruins everything, like WoW expansions. I get that it's cool to do it so you can tell secrets to everyone, but it's more fun to not know sometimes.
>>
>>323897847

Your opinions are terrible.
>>
>>323897847
>genre

Indie games is not a "genre"
>>
File: fesh pince of blair.jpg (32 KB, 982x720) Image search: [Google]
fesh pince of blair.jpg
32 KB, 982x720
>>323895281
>People cracked the Lost in ~109 hours
>First release of Afterbirth only allowed 109 coins to be out into the Greed machine
>>
>>323897826
Alright fagboy, let's make this clear
>I'm mad at the Lost for requiring a certain number of steps to unlock, but I'm not saying a word about any of the other unlockable secret items in the game
>I'm not saying a word about the fact that secrets have been in vidya forever, which, by definition, are pieces of content that require certain dedicated, nondescript steps to unlock
>I'm arguing that the reason the Lost is somehow different is because he has unique mechanics, except for the fact that Blue Baby also has unique mechanics, and I'm not saying a word about him either. Also, according to me, this apparently has never been done before in vidya.

Basically you want everything the game has to offer to line itself before you in a platter because secrets and ARGs are not allowed, and yet you're not even consistent with your own opinions.
>
>>
File: Meat Boy flash credits.png (65 KB, 718x462) Image search: [Google]
Meat Boy flash credits.png
65 KB, 718x462
Reminder: he and Danny used to be one of us.
He has since turned to the dark side of butthurt.
>>
>>323896164
Says the atention whore Tripfaggot.

Stop using the trip, and maybe we can actually take you seriously cunt.
>>
>>323895214
What company?
>>
>>323897929
Oh my gosh, Anon, I'm sorry! I had no idea you were so semantically sensitive. Here, I'll rectify my post
>This sub-genre
There we go! I hope you're alright after that nasty little slip up.
>>
>>323898092

>Basically you want everything the game has to offer to line itself before you in a platter because secrets and ARGs are not allowed

And allow me to be clear. I want this piece of text. Every gay little exception you've described is you projecting your fag little opinions around because you think that's what arguing is.

I don't remember a Blue Baby ARG or a thereisnocowlevel ARG, but if there was one then those were fucked up too. I'm not sure how it's relevant, but I guess you're desperate for some sort of validation you sad fuck.

And learn a new insult, child.
>>
>Acknowledging people that force the anonymity out of an anonymous image board because they are starved for attention.

Remember to filter any and all tripfags.
>>
>>323898294
Meanwhile you think arguing constitutes insulting people in lieu of having coherent opinions.

So now we've filtered it down to "I'm mad because there was an ARG involved", which still isn't something that affects you but it's a start, I guess.
>>
>>323898513

I'm sorry, were you unclear on me not liking the ARG before? Was that point not coming across? Are you retarded, or did you just want to whine because you're out of shit to say?
>>
>>323898573
More or less because I have nothing to do but argue with mad retards with incoherent opinions on the Internet at 10 AM.

I guess I just gave you too much credit and decided to give you the benefit of the doubt in thinking you would be mad for something that ACTUALLY affected you directly.
>>
>>323898679

What, exactly, was incoherent about what I said?

I was complaining about the ARG. I said I didn't like it because it locks me the player out of content until something completely unrelated to me and the game occurs. I don't like it because my experience is dependent on a game I'm not even interested i. What, exactly, is confusing to you?
>>
>>323898679
Not him but you're not as intelligent as you think and it would behoove you to bow out of this conversation now before you make an even bigger fool out of yourself.

Also, you're a faggot.
>>
>>323898759
>>323898759
>because it locks me the player out of content until something completely unrelated to me and the game occurs
No, you said you oppose any situation where the game provides inadequate information. That included a whole lot of things beyond ARGs, but now you've filtered it back down to just ARGs again.
>>
>>323898930

I said both things. I believe both things. Those statements aren't even dimly in conflict with each other. Jesus fucking Christ, how fucking stupid are you?
>>
File: 1374860815927.jpg (42 KB, 225x220) Image search: [Google]
1374860815927.jpg
42 KB, 225x220
>>323897847
>Risk of Rain is still a mess
>>
If you believe both things, then we come back to step zero, if you also despise game content that's not hinted at or that the game provides information for its existence then why are you not ranting madly about how much you despise Blue Baby, the Halo and overall every other secret item in the game, because as far as I can see both the Halo and the Lost demand you to take a number of nondescript steps to unlock them, the only difference is that one is more complex and drawn out than the other. That's what I mean by consistency.
>>
>>323894942
>>323895167
i remember Super Meat Boy had this issue where landing on certain corners would instantly kill you, instead of fixing it Edmund insisted he was a perfect flawless coder and NOTHING could possibly be wrong with the game and somehow corners instantly killing people was due to people's computers. i wish i was kidding.
>>
>>323899167

>No, you said you oppose any situation where the game provides inadequate information.
>if you also despise game content that's not hinted at or that the game provides information for its existence then why are you not ranting

No, I'm serious. How fucking stupid are you. You just told me you understood my opinion on obtuse game content, and now you're confused again. How fucking retarded are you?
>>
>>323897847
You can talk to the dev of catacomb kids when he is streaming making a game.
He just added the ability to make soup in the game
He is working on co op mode and he was talking about adding vegetation that you can water and grow and you could get plant armor and swords and a tree buddy who will fight with you and follow you. Ck seems very promising and might be as big as boi is

Give him suggestions ge listens
>>
>>323897847
>Probably
>Probably
Stop that.
That's like saying "I probably won't like The Good, The Bad and The Ugly because I didn't like Wild Wild West and they're both Westerns".
>>
>>323899246
There are only so many times of you asking me how retarded I am until you have to understand that I'm not going to answer that. You keep going back and forth blindly between "I hate it because it's an ARG!" and "I hate it because the game doesn't hint that it's there!" like a crazy person.
>>
>>323894465

Datamining ruined videogames.
>>
>>323894465
ONE
HUNDRED
UNITED
STATES
DOLLARS
>>
I can't be asked to read through this whole thread, but are people legitimately arguing that everything should hold your hand when it comes to accessing content?

Isn't that 100% against everything /v/ is supposed to be for?
>>
>>323894465
>Single player game about breaking the game
>do everything to nerf anything that breaks the game. Sometimes instantly, sometimes a year and a half after it's out
>completely fine with garbage items
>every update breaks some items or introduces some new bug
>keep like half the add on from actually being accessible until he feels like giving it out
>original version literally released as a mess and no discount to anyone who bought it.

I really don't understand why people support this developer.
>>
>>323899183
Well i know you are, since Edmund isn't a programmer. And also the fact that a google search tells me otherwise.
>>
>>323899507

>You keep going back and forth blindly between "I hate it because it's an ARG!" and "I hate it because the game doesn't hint that it's there!"

How are those statements in any way opposed?

And I know you can't self-diagnose, but I was hoping somebody had told you at some point.
>>
>>323899717
The problem is not that they're opposed, you fool, the problem is that relying on "I'm mad that the game doesn't hint at it!" necessarily forces you to be mad at every other non-hinted at secret item in the game. That's the point of this entire back-and-forth.
>>
>>323899864
And additionaly, "I'm mad that it's an ARG", while being silly, isn't something I can criticize you for because you can be mad at everything you like
As long as you're coherent about it
>>
>>323899864

I don't like those other things either. How many times do I have to say this? You're the weird faggot who keeps telling me I like them. Legit, how retarded are you? Scale of one to ten? Go ask mom.
>>
>>323899993
>How many times do I have to say this?
You never said that. My autism rests in peace now. Thank you.
>>
>>323900064

>No, you said you oppose any situation where the game provides inadequate information.

You literally told me that I said it yourself, you stupid fucking faggot.
>>
>>323899645
>>323899183
Different guy here, I found a Steam post which outlined a few problems that mentioned some people having spontaneous death problems on lifts or certain corners.
As usual, it's a glitch caused by the game relying on FPS to calculate movement, so limiting the game to 60 fixes it. Not a particularly good problem to have, but it's pretty common with low-end games that can go well over 60 FPS.
>>
Is anyone gonna talk about how Afterbirth took all the fun out of the game?
>>
>>323900224
I'd say it's alright, but it didn't add anywhere near enough new synergies and nerfed too many items to be worth the price.
I'm definitely never getting AB+ if it's above $5.
>>
Let's take a break from the shit-tossing for a bit and talk about the DLC. Providing it comes out ok (nothing is missing, content not withheld) and DESPITE it going to cost money as well if you do get it (Pay to get the initial DLC and pay to get the add-on to it as well, the fuck man), what do you plan on doing with it?

If I can learn how to do proper Lua modding, I may try and unnerf everything Fatmund has nerfed in the game (Reset some items charges back to their original ones) and maybe put back in some glitches (like the Angel Room Spawn glitch) if I can so people like >>323899637 can actually have fun breaking the game like you're supposed to do.
>>
>>323900224
Pros:
- Dailies & Leaderboards
- Lillith
- Some great items (Tech X, Sack Head)
- New synergies

Cons:
- Nerfing of several items for no good reason
- Most new items aren't that great or plain suck
- Leaderboard cheating
- Keeper
- Stupid retarded content locking because MUH ARG
- Greed Mode lacks depth and you'll most likely never play it once you got the achievements

Afterbirth soured my experience with the game a bit, can't say I'm looking forward to Afterbirth+.
>>
>>323900746
i'm going to try and make the game actually fun to play, hopefully something similar to nuclear throne (not entirely RNG dependant, not so full of tedious backtracking, not agonizingly slow to play where bad runs can take up to 45 minutes before you just fizzle out and die because you don't have enough damage, etc)
>>
>>323899249
Dear catacomb kid devs, make the graphics not shit. Sincerely, Anonymous

>>323899479
Dude what the two games aren't finished, I'm not going to pass final judgement on Early Access, hence "probably".
>>
File: 1353156504102.jpg (58 KB, 450x514) Image search: [Google]
1353156504102.jpg
58 KB, 450x514
>>323897847
>mfw working on a game like this but the genre will probably be dead by the time it's finished
>>
>>323901329
Surely that'll be good for you, since the only people playing it will be people well-versed in the genre?
Unless you're a fool who thinks he can make a living solely off one game
>>
>all this time later he is STILL butthurt that people datamined his game
>>
>>323900976
Also, I forgot to mention. I was probably going to try and rework Keeper a bit (Give him better starting items [Head of the Keeper & Restock [This would be a good countermeasure to Losts taking Devil Deals for free], Give him ability to choose between starting trinkets, have him be able to enter shops past Mom (though I'll also add in balance, for example, for every floor you go up, the chance of the shop being replaced with a boss fight goes up 25%, so unless you have Rib of Greed, you won't be shopping on the levels past the Cathedral/Sheol, I believe)

Also, I'm tired of a 99 limit for coins/keys/bombs, so I want to make items to increase the limit for all of them. They would all goe up in levels (LV 1 - 500 limit, LV 2 - 999 limit, LV 3 - 5000 limit, LV - 9999 limit). This item is only meant to help you horde things more, so it has a 75% chance to drop from ANY Shop keeper you blow up (ones in the shop, ones in the secret room, the ones hanging from the ceilings, etc.)

Just some of my ideas.
>>
>>323901329
it's probably shit, but share!
>>
Yknow, I haven't played too much of Afterbirth still because I had a bit of a hunch he wasn't done updating it with stuff like this.

I'm not really gonna play much of it till I get greed machine to 999
>>
>>323894465
>People think Isaac is a roguelike.

Disgusting.
>>
>>323899637
>oh shit people are winning with Lilith in greed mode which is the only place she really excels
>NERF
>IN A SINGLEPLAYER GAME
>look forward to more babies
>>
>>323904392
people think skyrim is a roleplaying game
>>
>>323895401
>tfw I have bpd
Can get pretty loco at times but thank goodness for learning coping tools. I'm still an abusive asshole sometimes though
>>
>>323904593
What did they do to her in greed mode?
>>
>>323904684
Her box of friends which is her primary gimmick for increasing her damage, was nerfed from a 2 room charge to 4, because people were having fun with her.

Azazel's damage was nerfed to hell (while retaining his range) while edmund insisted it was a bugged update but he said that about most of afterbirth.
>>
>>323894465
Only extreme autist will be upset by this image. I personally find it hilarious.
>>
>>323896857
Why is Keeper such shit? I'm never gonna get this achievement at this rate.
>>
>>323900224
Now that you mention it, I'll admit that I'm not really interested in touching Isaac again ever since Afterbirth. As a supposed expansion it feels so underwhelming and a lot of shitty decisions were made.
>>
>>323905231
he's like an un-reward. Most of his unlocks are shit too

>Beat Hush: start with 1 penny
>2 unlocks are to start with items you already unlocked
>the rest are shit
>boss rush is sticky nickels which makes it so nickels can just not come off the ground
>>
File: v.png (609 KB, 845x893) Image search: [Google]
v.png
609 KB, 845x893
>>323906091
It doesn't help that Wooden Nickel is garbage yet apparently working as intended. Plus, yeah Triple Shot is great, except that drops Tears to nearly minimum and he's slow as Maggy.

If Eggmand is so threatened by people having fun in his game why doesn't he just change every character to start with 1 in every stat and only change amount of Hearts/Soul Hearts? What a shithead.
Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.