[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT - We describe the plot as best we can for a series we've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7
File: Metal_Gear_Solid_logo.png (191 KB, 1789x573) Image search: [Google]
Metal_Gear_Solid_logo.png
191 KB, 1789x573
So, there's this guy named Big Boss, he's a bad guy, and his sons are actually clones. His son kicks his ass, but it's not actually him (what?), he comes back, Snake beats him again. Then in the next game there's some cyborg ninja, then the next, we have a new MC named Raiden, and then in the final one Snake's old? I know, not very good, but that's the point..
>>
>>323876316
Just play it you faggot. If you spent as much time playing games as you do shitposting on /v/ you'd probably be done with the series by now.
>>
File: fedora.jpg (27 KB, 479x720) Image search: [Google]
fedora.jpg
27 KB, 479x720
>Big Boss is a bad guy
>>
>>323877409
I don't like playing games.
>>
People get infected by mushrooms and get turned into zombies because zombies were popular when this game was developed. Then a guy with a beard adopts an adolescent girl because beards and children in danger are also popular, and the two of them travel across the country killing zombies. I think there's also a dlc that reveals that the little girl is in lesbians with a black girl, thus hitting two more checkboxes on the "popular shit" tick list. It's a third person shooter.
>>
>>323877486
I've never played Metal Gear. I just know he's a bad guy.
>>
File: tumblr_nuq7gssFfc1s58ev6o1_500.png (3 KB, 500x413) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nuq7gssFfc1s58ev6o1_500.png
3 KB, 500x413
So there's this human that goes through the monster world and tries to deal with them the best way they can? And there's a talking flower that controls the game?
>>
>>323877723
The Last of Us. I've never played it either.
>>
>>323877723
If you replace zombies with nanomachines it's MGS4 too.
>>
>>323876316
You are a thug and do some hood shit, but you fuck up somehow and get kicked out of the gang. Then, you have to regain their trust by killing a few enemy gangbangers.
>>
GTA Series:

You drive in cars, steal shit, knock out shit and participate in crazy events, schemes and crime scenes? Did I get this right
>>
>>323877813
Correct.
>>323877836
Nanomachines weren't popular at the time of development, and were also a staple of the series by that point. The little girl is also a huge plot point from a previous game, and there's no lesbians DLC.
>>
>>323877836
and remove popular shit and replace it with 10 hours of cutscenes.
>>
>>323877867
Saint's Row?
>>323877771
Pretty much.
>>
>>323877771
Correct.... sort of

>>323877945
That's really what GTA is about, yes
>>
Every JRPG ever: a cast of anime archetypes try to take down a god/corporation/misunderstood outcast with the power of friendship utilizing mind-numbingly dull turn based combat and a shitload of grinding.
>>
>>323876316
>undertale

Just some SJW/tumblr circlejerk crapfest of a story.
>>
File: Ocelot.png (3 KB, 413x65) Image search: [Google]
Ocelot.png
3 KB, 413x65
>>
>>323878048
Change that to "a lot of JRPGs" and you'd be right.
>>323877945
That's the gist of it.
>>
>>323878034
It was supposed to be GTA SA
>>
>>323877771
And there's no true bad guy unless you're the bad guy.
>>
>>323878175
>no true bad guy
I played the game and got all three endings, and that's not true. I'm going to try and avoid letting yet another thread get derailed because of Undertale, so I'll put it like this:
>killing things is bad
>other characters have killed things, and are therefore bad
>>
Three kids are transported to a world with spaceships that go to disney worlds. Also there are like five villains that are literally just different versions (Alternate universes I think) of the same guy. Also there are dreams that are involved and they need to be masters of keyblades to kill the bad guy and thirteen nobodies(?). There are also two versions of the same character.

One of the games is set in a digital recreation of the world that already exists and it's very important for some reason.

Star Wars isn't going to be in the third one.
>>
File: 8855207.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
8855207.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
There is a lot of gay people, and the templars and the mages don't like each other because the mages killed a bunch of templars a long time ago or something. So you have make them stop complaining because the evil dragons are waking up and will kill everyone?
>>
Some extraterrestrials come to Earth and start fucking everything up, so the NOT! Men in Black fight them with turn-based combat. A lot of luck is involved, and units die forever if their health is exhausted. No-one cares about the upcoming sequel for some reason.
>>
>>323878336
>One of the games is set in a digital recreation of the world that already exists and it's very important for some reason.
It's not important at all, you joker. That's a shitty mobile game no one likes.

Unless you mean the OTHER time they did that same schtick. In which case, it's super important.
>>
Alright, so there's a town, and it's got a cult. And the cult did some shit to a little girl, and she like. Did magic to control the town. Or something. And now that town is hell for anyone in it. It shifts between being hell and being absolute hell, and you better pray when you're stuck in absolute hell. So like, the girl split into two girls, or something, and the player character adopted the girl she split into. She gets called back to the town because magic, and you have to go and save her because, again, absolute hell. You deal with all the freaky cult shit and save her. Good job.

The second one has nothing to do with anything and uses a completely different interpretation of how the town operates that isn't little girl cult magic.

The third one goes back to little girl cult magic and now you're playing the little girl you saved in the first one. You have to confront the town, or something, because trauma. Also your dad died. That sucks. So you're drawn back to the town and everything's fucking horrifying because of course it is. You're nearly impregnated with the god that the freaky cult tried to impregnate you with before, but you spit that thing out because that's how fetuses work and the cult lady eats it and turns into the final boss.

The fourth one has to do with the freaky cult but doesn't have to do with little girl magic. Also, you're a loser who never leaves his home.

Everyone ignores everything that came afterward.
>>
>>323878336
Kingdom Hearts
>>
>>323878336
Not bad.
>>323878406
I think there's only one gay/bisexual person in the first game, and the real problem is the monsters that come from underground to rape and pillage everything. Their boss is a zombie dragon.
>>
I don't get why some of you are doing it like a guess the game thread. The fun is seeing how people get things wrong, or surprisingly right.
>>
>>323878620
It's even more fun guessing and letting people guess what you wrote.

>>323878541
Silent Hill
>>
>>323878450
If you're talking about XCOM, everything is spot on except that last bit. There are daily Vigilo Confido threads here.
>>
>>323878726
Yeah it was XCOM. I must just be missing the threads for the new game somehow.

First-person graphics experiment that one of the devs decided to add guns to and sell as a game. People still bring it up as an example of technical achievement.
>>
>>323878541
OP already did MGS, fag.
>>
So this blonde asshole was a cop with a squad of other cops who fight zombies in a mansion that is a front for a lab. The zombies work for the blonde guy. Blonde guy isn't in the next three games and they don't like calling them zombies in the fourth game. Other cops go fight zombies throughout this dumb city, one of them goes to south america to save the president's daughter.

Blonde assholes gets superpowers. Blonde asshole turns into a giant crab. He falls into lava.

There's also a sixth game and I'm pretty sure it doesn't even have a story.
>>
A bunch of similar looking anime characters resolve their differences by going to war and stabbing each other a lot.
>>
>>323878932
Resident Evil. They're not the same kind of zombie in 4-6, instead they have parasites instead of a virus. He goes to Spain to save the president's daughter, and blonde guy doesn't turn into a crab.

Sixth game actually has a lot of story but it's the same old shit as the rest of the franchise, which people either love or hate.
>>
>>323879004
Fire Emblem?
>>
>series that you've never played
>still know the plot and characters somehow

Seriously what the fuck? Just play the fucking games I swear to god.
>>
A bunch of androgynous children use the power of friendship to kill god.
>>
Really really angry guy has his arms explode multiple times and he dies a bit. He wants to save his daughter so much that he punches god in the face.
>>
>>323879183
Yes. Literally all I know about Fire Emblem is that they all look the same, they have swords and they go to war.
>>
>>323879319
I don't think they all look the same, no more than all real people look the same. For the most part, it's a pretty good turn-based strategy series.

>>323879309
Asura's Wrath
>>
There are giant bug aliens attacking earth and they have made everything brown and gray. Everyone has very big chests and the same face. Assault rifles have chainsaws on them for slicing up ayys. Somehow the story still manages to be very emotional and sad. Gary Jules.
>>
>>323879440
> no more than all anime filth look the same

ftfy
>>
>>323879615
They don't attack Earth, and there's even an in-game reason that everything is dusty and tinted ochre. There's no sameface either.
>>
>>323879615
Gears. It's not actually Earth, and they're technically invading from under the surface of the planet. The story isn't that emotional or sad, some moments maybe but for the most part nah. Lots of missed opportunity there, actually.
>>
space america is locked in a deadly war with jin-roh: the wolf brigade and invades their home planet. After some action set pieces and maybe a sequel the evil dictator gets killed and all the jin-rohs get nuked, but then there was one on the PS4, so maybe the jin-rohs get put in a ghetto? I played the one on the PS2 but I'm under the impression it doesn't have a huge bearing on the other games.
>>
>>323879785
Killzone
>>
File: Xenoblade.jpg (237 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Xenoblade.jpg
237 KB, 1280x720
So a bunch of British fucks live on a planet made from a dead guy who fought with a dead robot. There are also robot people who live on the dead robot planet, and they really hate regular people because why not, so they go to war until some dude with a plastic sword kills their entire army. A few years later they invade because plastic sword man got fucked up, but a new Cockney kid takes the sword and beats the shit out of the robots with his friends because he has psychic powers.

But then it turns out he's actually hosting the soul of a god in his body and the dead planet guys wake up and the universe resets after Cockney boy dies and they go to the real world?
>>
Kingdom Hearts

Ok, so there's Sora, Kairi and Rikku, and they live in a world that crosses over multiple Final Fantasy and Disney universes.

There's this magic magcuffin called Kingdom Hearts that Xehonart wants for some reason, He works for something called Organisation XIII.

Also, there's a guy called Roxas who is Sora but isn't Sora at the same time.
there's also a guy called Ansem, he's important too.

Darkness, light, darkness, darkness etc.
>>
>>323880227
Accurate, except that Xehanort is the boss of Org. XIII and they don't even know it.
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 443x332
You're some big hairy dude who has to go and do something for some girl named Lisa and you gain friends along the way but by the end everyone's either betrayed you or died.
blood shed 2deep4u yadda yadda ow the edge
>>
>>323877486
But he is you fucking queer. How do you miss the point this badly? Not just in MGSV but every game in the series bar 3 since that's his origin story.
>>
>>323877958
>Nanomachines weren't popular at the time of development
Idiot.
>>
>>323881135
>responding to an hour old post
>in a dead thread
>with only the word "idiot" and nothing to refute the anon's point
Good job.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.