[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
UNDERRAIL THREAD, GET OVER HERE JACKS Jesus fuck, is this game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 12
File: underrail.jpg (368 KB, 1680x1051) Image search: [Google]
underrail.jpg
368 KB, 1680x1051
UNDERRAIL THREAD, GET OVER HERE JACKS

Jesus fuck, is this game ever not hard?

not that it's a bad thing
>>
The faceless pack a punch, how do i even get through Rail Crossing mission?
>>
and I also thought junkyard was hard, it's like the entry test of whether your build is shit or not
>>
>>323856306

I wonder if I should let the rathound king live. He seems pretty crazy.
>>
Are there any Free Drone missions left after you assault South Railroad Station?
>>
>>323856380
By not fighting them.
>>
>>323857561
right

had problems finding the secret entrance, which i hear it's filled with burrowers
>>
>Jackknife

Is buying advanced lockpicks even worth it now
>>
what order should i do shit after depot a
>>
>>323857772
Of course. That means you can put less point in that skill, since combined with the Jacckinfe you can always have +17.
>>
>>323857772
Ofcourse, they are cheap and then you wont have to spend so many points in lockpicking.
>>
>>323857989
Camp Hathor is kinda isolated, so you can start there if you wish. The remaining big quest locations are fairly close to each other, but doing Rail Crossing and Foundry before Core City is recommended. But it's really up to you.
>>
>>323858205

yeah i'm in core city now and completely overwhelmed, guess i'll backtrack a bit
>>
>Feel bad for Grover so I pay his fine for him

I wouldn't do to well in a real apoc mang.
>>
File: stats.png (307 KB, 1504x453) Image search: [Google]
stats.png
307 KB, 1504x453
tell me if it's shit

level 9, tanky psi/gunner

maybe I should have invested on thought control instead?
>>
So this game is like original Fallout + Metro 2033?
>>
>>323858528
Did the same, although he was a dick for trying to get someone else killed in his place. Good thing the dialogue option there was pretty much "fuck it I had enough, I'll pay your fine, now fuck off both of you" because that was pretty accurate of what I was thinking.
>>
>>323858862
That's a pretty fair comparison. Metro has the entire gas mask thing but as long as you have a weapon you are safe traveling between Stations in Underrail.

In other news, lost fag here, I finally got to Arke and powered it up. Then I realized I have to play the fun minigame of powering up the right areas, go explore them with power, then backtrack and reroute power. And I just cannot be assed.

Is there any way to repair the nodes? I just want to leave the Deep Caves for a while.
>>
>>323858528
I tried pickpocketing his "friend" but repeatedly failed. I decided a plasma core was worth killing her, and realized it was definitely worth it when Grover said she worked with the Scrappers. They're all scum.
>>
>>323860018
>scrappers scum

Mate the Black Eels are the shit faction, Scrappers are decent.
>>
>>323860439
Out of the two I prefer the Scrappers because Eddy is nice to you (when you're useful at least), but they're both just violent gangs who fuck shit up/people for fun.
>>
Wow, decided to check the Codex thread for some info, and man, they really can bitch a lot about complete non-issues. No one tells you what to do next if you let the Faceless kill Buzzer, but can't find out what they were looking for? Really now? What about the countless NPCs talking about the Faceless also showing up around Foundry? Or do they need someone to spell it out for them?

Pure decline, man. Pure decline.
>>
>>323860439
Scrappers want Blaine dead. I was fine with them until that point, but that was a bad move.

And helping the Eels is one step in kicking the Protectorate out. So it's a 10/10 alliance.
>>
>>323861087
Protectorate increases their presence in Junkyard and that counts as kicking them out?

I can kind of understand why they want Blaine dead, he did end up blabbing about secrets of the gang that put them in danger. Eddy is doesn't really want you to kill Elwood if you can help it, while from what I remember Silas was pretty bloodthirsty.
>>
I still can't wrap my head around stealth
>>
>>323862183
If you are within Detection range, the enemies 'Eye' fills (when it fully fills, it changes colors. Green -> Yellow -> Orange -> Red). At Red they detect you and combat starts. Generally the closer you are, the faster the eye fills. I believe it is also determined by shadows.

Bumping into another creature pushes you out of stealth.

Some enemies can see through stealth regardless, they have 'Grey' eyes.
>>
File: Faceless Disposition.png (41 KB, 1150x398) Image search: [Google]
Faceless Disposition.png
41 KB, 1150x398
>>
File: flawless victory.jpg (528 KB, 718x1300) Image search: [Google]
flawless victory.jpg
528 KB, 718x1300
>>323861624
>Protectorate increases their presence in Junkyard
>implying

You are mostly right about the Scrappers though. In this conflict they are the "good guys" by default, since they simply want to maintain the status quo. But the two gangs are equally bad, and if you side with the Eels almost everyone is surprised Silas is finally willing to challenge them.
>>
>>323858618
You are gonna want 10 will and thought control if you want PSI's best feat

Locus of control is godlike
>>
>>323863490
>supporting the Free Drones

Moronic anarchists aren't really my type, but it's nice to know what happens. Now I don't have to play through their storyline.
>>
are free drones the worst faction?
>>
Also quick question, is Cutthroat broken or something? It doesn't apply a stun ever, half the time the bleed doesn't go up, and it rarely seems to do 800% damage. You'd imagine it'd wreck shit but it doesn't seem all that different from a normal attack from stealth.

Which is odd since it takes a Feat, can only work on one enemy type, and requires stealth.
>>
>>323864000
eye has to be green at the time of activating the ability I think. Otherwise you just do a regular attack
>>
>>323863806
And I can't support a government that executed 546 civilian for protesting against surveillance laws, as well as anyone they suspect to be against the Protectorate. So there.
>>
>>323863490
>leaving the protectorate embassy after giving the trade documents
>some random dude tells me this guy wanting to talk at kareem's bar
>turns out to be some sketchy ass wheezing thug
>asks about my visit in the embassy and proposes for me to take something nefarious into their ventilation systems
>uh huh cool yeah bye
>decide to kill him on the spot
>hard as fuck, but I do it
>go back to the embassy and speak to the captain
>Me: "yo this abram guy is a security threat"
>Cap: "cool keep me posted about this abram"
>no option to tell him he's dead

...this game doesn't account for player freedom, does it? I get the feeling that particular quest line is fucked forever.
>>
>>323864227
Considering you have to literally be riding someone's ass to even start 'casting' it, that seems like a supremely dumb restriction.

I'm rolling max Stealth, 7 Agi, uber Ninja Tabi, and the Rathound King's clothes and I still can't manage to sneak up on anything and have time to pull that off while they are still 'unaware'.
>>
>>323861624
>Eddy is doesn't really want you to kill Elwood if you can help it
He says that because HE wanted to kill him.
>>
>>323864739
Funny thing is, Abram is really fucking boss. I was suspicious about him at first but his questline leads to good places.
>>
>>323864739
>killing Abram

You fucking scum. U hothot hrnk.
>>
>>323856306
take your advertisement
and leave
>>
File: People Usually Don't Mind....png (751 KB, 1278x717) Image search: [Google]
People Usually Don't Mind....png
751 KB, 1278x717
>>323864739
>...this game doesn't account for player freedom, does it?
sometimes
>>
>>323864806
it's also a supremely strong ability. It pretty much kills any target it lands on, assuming it lands.

I agree, though, I don't like the restriction - the stealth requirement is too high. I would prefer it dealt less damage but you were able to use it at any stage of stealth.
>>
>>323865161
Yeah, I imagine at 800% it kills anything besides the Deep Cave shit. Sounds like Mastery Skills from Radiant Dawn, the status effects from them were borderline useless because chances are the skill itself would kill you.

Either way it's kind of disappointing. Knives feel like they have a lot of restrictions, like how worthless they are against mechanicals and their best skill being so...finicky.
>>
>>323865113
I wonder whats up with those orange tentacles some of those tchort dudes have. Are they some twileks or is it just their hairstyle?
>>
>>323864739
In all fairness, he wants more information. A dead body on the ground isn't going to tell him much about who, how, and why is spying on them.
>>
>>323865856
only eidelin had gene manipulation. it's an adornment or hairstyle of some sort
>>
I'm going mad over here, I've been fishing almost everywhere I can think of, caught every other fish for geezer ford's, but I cannot for seem to find Ghostface anywhere.

Is there a particular place where I'm supposed to fish to get that fucker?
>>
>>323866819
Yeah. You have to go to you only get 1 xp and a perk that makes you never fail a fishing attempt
>>
File: showdown.jpg (70 KB, 848x544) Image search: [Google]
showdown.jpg
70 KB, 848x544
>>323864739
>>323865938
This is what happens if you take it all the way.
>>
>>323866819
The fishing quest is a sick joke. Just forget about it and keep your sanity.
>>
>>323866024
I believe when you first meet Eldein the game mentions his mask has tentacle things on it. I assume the gas masks they have or whatever are adorned with fake tentacles for show. Like how their emblem is the tentacle eye.
>>
>>323867015
Whats the reward?

Ford promised me fishing tricks. Is it good?
>>
>>323867374
It's a trait that prevents fish from getting away.
>>
>>323860439

They are both shit. Just your regular gangs, if you do one or the other its the same deal.

Not sure about the rathound king.
>>
The Beast mission is dildos.
go to foundry
get mission
go to sgs
go to foundry
go to sgs
go to foundry
go to sgs
go to foundry
go to sgs final time
FINALLY FINISH THE FUCKING QUEST
>>
File: 1450063716214.png (14 KB, 376x260) Image search: [Google]
1450063716214.png
14 KB, 376x260
>>323867452
...thats it?

*utter devastation sets in*

Well fuck that quest forever. I've spend more than enough time squinting my eyes to keep track of the rods and hauling heavy fish for shitty profit.
>>
>>323864739
I just said to him I didnt want to spy on the Protectorate. Not my characters business.

You encounter him later?
>>
>>323867752
If you are really into making pots and drugs, alot of hte later drugs are made from fish so its a god send.
>>
File: you dun goofed.jpg (196 KB, 721x642) Image search: [Google]
you dun goofed.jpg
196 KB, 721x642
>>323866930
I love that he says this with a straight face after shooting everyone without a word. Especially since the only way to complete this branch without him executing you is to constantly downplay your role in the whole questline. Basically unless you lie to him, you can't get this ending.
>>
>>323867903
You can continue working for him, yes. If you ever refuse doing one of his jobs, he'll accept your answer and never offer you a job again.
>>
>>323856306
Guys, I'm stuck. How do I spare Undyne?

>she's cute
>>
>>323867943
Considering the rest of the factions, the bar isn't that high.

>>323867903
Yeah, he sends you to meet someone for a series of questlines in Core City. Ultimately if you do it right at the very end you get the Huxkey, which is a Haxxor/Infinite Lockpick/Omni-tool all in one.
>>
>Just found the Micro Shrapnel rounds

Shit is about to get intense. I already rape everything with full auto\concentrated fire\Supressive,Opportunist combo and expertise.
>>323868129
Thanks.

The decision to kill the Rathound Kings is kinda bugging me. I wanted to reach a truce, but he seems really fucking crazy.
>>
>>323868510
>finding Rathound King
>Go thought two dozens of rathounds
>Go through disarming 69 mines
>Go through that fucking maze with dead ends and other bullshit
>Have to tolerate that cunt being all high and mighty

Easiest decision of my life. The armor you get is the most bitching stealth armor that makes rathounds your allies, makes movement speed really fast and looks hardcore as fuck.

Fry that cunt. Just don't make the mistake of equipping it while walking into camp Hathor. They won't understand you.
>>
>>323868365
>the bar isn't that high
Only one of these factions murder Abram, who is arguably one of the firsts on the bro tier NPC list. So as low as that bar is they still couldn't jump it.
>>
File: 1406295213528.gif (3 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1406295213528.gif
3 MB, 320x240
>The motioner acid trip
>COWABUNGA

I have to say I love the humor in this game.
>>
>That ol' choppie or whatever west of camp hathor

fuck me that suprised me

at least he had good shoes and a unique weapon
>>
>>323871283
And I have to agree. The humor, and some of the dialogue options really make the writing.
>>
>>323872014
Yeah that nigger came out of nowhere, is there a quest related to him?
>>
>>323873565
Some npcs mention him, but no quest.
>>
>>323872014
I was just exploring the cave mindlessly and that gay homo attacked me, I whip out my pyrostream and set the nigger of fire then overload his brain to mush
I never felt so empowered in a while
>>
>>323873565
The quest is not die.
>>
is it worth bringing a woman to the rathhound king?
>>
File: the_engine_by_konjur.jpg (417 KB, 1024x1444) Image search: [Google]
the_engine_by_konjur.jpg
417 KB, 1024x1444
INSTALL SPEEDHACK, MAKES GAMES FASTER
http://underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=1662.0

DISABLE AUTOSAVE ON TRANSITIONS, DRASTICALLY SHORTENS LOAD TIMES BETWEEN AREAS

MAKE UNDERRAIL GREAT AGAIN

FELIX NOT RELATED
>>
>>323858862
Basically.
Take Fallout, drastically improve combat and exploration aspects, remove storyfag focus, set it in Metro '33 universe, and you get Underrail.
>>
>>323876156
>speeding up the entire game to walk faster instead of just wearing boots that increase movement speed
lol
>>
>>323876937
>10% vs 500%
>>
fuck this fucking bullshit fucking game
>>
>>323876156
Does this make shops restock faster too? This is important.
>>
File: 38719865.png (272 KB, 446x402) Image search: [Google]
38719865.png
272 KB, 446x402
>>323875353
>Decide to do both, the truce AND bring the woman
>Break the womans heart through persuation and watch her storm off to the cave exit in mad rage
>Do the truce
>Turns out doing the truce causes him to not want the woman anymore
>mfw I just left a very angry heartbroken woman camping by a cave to shoot her husband with a crossbow

Whoops.
>>
>>323856306
Should take it to /vg/
>>
Is there any downside to going full mage?
>>
>>323877567
Yes it does, heres a reply on that same link:

>Thanks mate, it helps a lot. Makes shops restock faster, which is good. I use x2 all the time.
>>
>>323878861
Thanks, I have a compulsion as bad as al fabet's.
>>
>>323878472

amazing
>>
>>323879063
Since you'll be using cheat engine anyway and want to sell a lot of shit, I recommend boosting your mercantile skill to 8000, that way the amount of items you can sell per shop restock can be in the thousands.
>>
>>323859590
Only way out is to kill the boss. You should only need to go back to arke once btw.
>>
is there a high quality arms merchant that isn't behind a faction
>>
>>323881037
Not really, no. But at some point you will have to join one. Ideally, 3 factions, even.
>>
0/1 - Heavy armor assault rifle build
2/3 - Monk build
4/5 - Psi Monk build
6/7 - Stealth Sniper build
8/9 - Sledgehammer build (madman edition)
>>
>>323881815
Do psi monks dump strength for will?
>>
>>323882302
no idea, guess im going to ahve to figure it out though
>>
>1.0.0.7
>still can't join the Tchortist

Shit game for shit people such as yourselves.
>>
>>323882396
but you can
>>
>tfw wandering aimlessly through the deep caverns trying to map it all
God, this is a nightmare. The enemies are bullet sponges that respawn rapidly. I have burnt through all the ammo the Faceless give me, all the ammo I have found in the storage and armory areas and am constantly buying out the Tchortists.
The worm tunnel is a cunt for it. And those fucking snails in anywhere toxic.

Its fun though.
>>
>>323883065
Pistol build or something? I one-shot worms.
>>
File: 1442694787034.png (130 KB, 500x535) Image search: [Google]
1442694787034.png
130 KB, 500x535
>wondering whats up with the wierd name "Tchort"
>say it out loud
>mfw I know russian and it literally spells "Devil"

I'm only about halfway in the game, but figuring this out gives me a wierd feeling of foreshadowing. I wonder how right I am.
>>
>>323883546
psi/smg build.
Probably not an optimal one either since it was a mostly blind first play through.
>>
>>323882302
I didn't. But you really have to choose between them. As a punchfag, you want as much dex as you can, so that's 3 stats you want to pump up, not to mention INT (unless you don't want to build shit) and CON (if you don't want to depend on dodge & evade.

I ended up with 11STR, 9DEX & 7WIL but YMMV. 7WIL means no Premeditation, but I didn't miss it, frankly.
>>
whats a good armor setup for a sniper

don't have access to infused yet
>>
>>323883862
anything sneaky
rathound regalia is pretty much perfect
>>
>>323884792

i've got it and it seems terrible

i'm trying to farm some siphoner leather but its god damn slow as fuck
>>
how does bonus threshold work on a piece that doesn't have it

does it count as a running total?
>>
>>323881037
Blaine and Dirty Tom isn't really an arms merchant but when they do sell gun parts it's usually high quality.
>>
>>323883862
I keep getting buttfucked by melee when I was wearing leather armor so I decided to switch to riot gear with super steel sheet.
>>
>>323883787
Did you bother with tranquility/psychosis stuff at all?
Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.