[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
now that dust has settled what's your honest opinion about MGS V?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 6
File: Snapshot - 105.jpg (335 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Snapshot - 105.jpg
335 KB, 1920x1080
now that dust has settled what's your honest opinion about MGS V?
>>
it was the most okay game i've played
>>
Great mechanics but shit game. Empty and pointless open world, no leveldesign whatsoever, boring samey missions, disappointing story.
>>
Pretty good.
>>
Probably the best "unfinished" game I've ever played.
Story was very disappointing but I got over it and had a lot of fun.
>>
I wonder if the hospital thing was a satire on modern games since all you do is push forward for the first 10 minutes
>>
>>323794183
Quick was does that word actually mean, no google faggat
>>
Gameplay was fine, but the story is worse than MGS3.
Yes, it's THAT bad.
>>
I liked it. I just wish Kojima was able to finish it.
>>
>>323794213
are you me?

>>323794349
cuck protagonist would still have been appropriate

considering venom is raising other people's children
>>
The usual remarks: Gameplay was fun, story was unfinished.

As an aside, I found some of the cassette tapes really laborious to go through, versus Peace Walker and Ground Zeroes, especially those involving Code Talker.
>>
>>323794578
I just listened to a large chunk of Code Talker's cassettes and thought they explained a lot (especially about quiet and the skulls), was it his voice? Or the subject matter?
>>
>>323794869
You should listen to the fifth tape.
It was found in the game files.

>http:/www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzfNrkJ-3mE
>>
>>323794578
I feel the same. They bored the shit out of me.

The Kaz's ultimate burger ones however...
>>
When people say the story is "unfinished" are they talking about mission 51 or something else.

It was fun, I enjoyed it quite a bit
>>
>>323794869
I think mostly the voice and the delivery.

On the flip side of things, even though he had a reduced amount of lines, I don't really think Keifer Sutherland did a terrible job.
>>
Didn't get the story I hoped for, the one I got instead was unfinished

I'm doubly disappointed.
>>
>>323795116
The resolution of Eli's Insurrection, definitely, but there was also the truncation of Skull Face's involvement that frustrated me.
>>
It was the 4th best game this year
>>
>>323795414
How so?

I think besides the the obviously rushed eli ending, the main plot and most characters resolve themselves nicely. Or at least lead into MG1
>>
>>323795501
But it came out last year anon.
>>
Could have been about Big Boss's downfall

Ocelot could have shot more than one round

Skullface could have had a bossfight
>>
>>323795501
Undertale>Fallout 4>MGSV>Witcher 3
>>
>>323794869
subject matter most likely i don't think fans would be interested in learning about parasites never mentioned in older games
>>
Pretty shit, had decent mechanics but no difficulty setting ruined the gameplay for me. It was literally worse than witcher 3 I could just run into the main fucking command post of the Soviet Army and just run around one shotting everyone every other second.

Also unfinished story and only one mediocre act with an AWFUL finish(5 minutes of skullface talking at snake without a single response was a fucking disgrace).

Hopefully MGO will give me my $20 worth

6/10 tbqh
>>
couldn't give a toss, but i still watch the Red Band trailer. That intro and the ending is great. Song is good too.

I also watch The Division's E3 cinematic trailer cause it's pretty dope too. Dude Sex: Manhood Divided and Dude Sex: Hooman Lelvolution as well.
>>
>>323795557
It felt like things just kinda fizzled out with Skull Face. I understand that he wasn't intended to be the "main" villain, but his plot resolution was kinda anti-climactic.
>>
File: whatareyoudoing.png (296 KB, 649x649) Image search: [Google]
whatareyoudoing.png
296 KB, 649x649
>>323795612
But PW was about Big Boss's downfall.

Skullface not being physically fought is fine, he left his mark on the series more so than most.

>>323795701
>Pic related
>>
>>323795612
MGS3 and PW were the downfall of Big Boss.
>>
The game was reptative. The story was nonsensical trying to fill in plot holes nobody cared about because most fans never played MG1 and MG2 and even if they did, didn't give a fuck about there being multiple Big Bosses. Who cares?
>>
Would have been better if it wasn't an open world game. I personally think open world games are losing their charm
>>
Fun core sneaking gameplay. Incredible engine.

There's a few shards of diamond potential in the mounds of grey, bland mediocrity but since the MGS series is going nowhere now it doesn't matter.
>>
It sucks that it wasnt finished but I still liked it a lot
>>
Plaything through it right now and I'm about half way done with the Missions. Playing with markers and a couple of other vision things turned off so I only have my eyes and ears to depend on.

I'd like to say its pretty good. Game play is pretty good except the tranquilizer gun is overpowered as fuck. Tranq gun just trvilizes so many different situations since you can just headshot enemies one after another before they notice you. They are stupid enough to just walk right up to a line of bodies that keep falling over. Playing without this weapon would increase the difficulty of the game by quite a bit assuming you attempt no kill runs.

Level design feels all right with a few cases here and there either feeling slightly unfair or a bit rushed, I could just be bad though which is likely. World is a bit empty from time to time which I feel could have been filled with at least something other than nothing.

I like the story so far but it feels bad to know its going to fall flat once you get near the end of the game.

Overall so far I am enjoying the game. Devil's house was pretty fucked though.
>>
File: 1387398299526.jpg (122 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
1387398299526.jpg
122 KB, 2048x1152
>>323793963

great gameplay, mechanics, weapons, base building is fun

open world is very empty, no animal viewer for captured animals

Unfinished as all hell although Kojimbob took a decent stab at the story.

Kinda wish Hayter had been there for it, dialogue was fairly lackluster except for Miller who was actually almost the star of the show.

MGS4 was really the farewell to the series in my mind. MGSV is sort of like a commentary on the state of society that was going to be wrapped in the best open world game ever.

They got pretty close, it's a shame Konami fucked them and couldn't let them just have another year in dev to polish it up a bit and do more.

Hell it's a shame Konami lost it's shit altogether I think Kojima would have been happy doing an expansion or episodic content with updates
>>
>>323797367
As you play soilders will begin wearing riot gear and helmets, making the tranq useless
>>
It's incredible. Best shootan since crysis and polished af.
>>
>>323795701

>this is bait
>>
File: D-Dog.jpg (48 KB, 604x391) Image search: [Google]
D-Dog.jpg
48 KB, 604x391
Amazing gameplay with a shitton of replayability, mediocre story, boring/empty open world, no good interior sections, feels incomplete, pacing is all over the place, part 1 ending hypes you for a letdown in part 2.

Regardless, the gameplay made it fun for ages for me and being able to ruin someone else's game by stealing their shit in FOB raids made it worth keeping up with for a while.
>>
>>323797731
They are wearing helmets at the moment which just means a well placed shot to the face.
>>
Perfect gameplay, unfinished story,

Overall great.
>>
>>323793963
I'll answer you after they released chapter 3
>>
chapter 1 was the most fun ive had in a game in years
>>
>>323797595
>no animal viewer for captured animals

database + conservation platform
>>
>>323797995
>muh story

go jerk off to MGS2 some more lol
>>
>>323793963
Gameplay was amazing, story was somewhat lacking, never felt like you completed the game.
solid 8/10
Would buy and play again.
>>
File: ws4ql2B.jpg (105 KB, 1540x1000) Image search: [Google]
ws4ql2B.jpg
105 KB, 1540x1000
>>323793963
ok half-game, shit metal gear game.
>>
>>323798025

the platform doesn't have them all, the game seems to fill up some of them then give up

they're just pictures in the database, it wouldn't have taken much for them just to let you 3d view the animal and to give it a few cutesy animations

>oh i caught a super rare animal?
>yeh here's a picture of it
>okay

it's small things like this that just go to show how unfinished this game was
>>
What the fuck was Code Talker's "be carefull with Kazuhira Miller" all about? That shit was so out of place. I know that it was most likely foreshadowing a future event on chapter 3 but since they knew the game was not going to be released with it then why even keep it in the first place?

I feel that the franchise ended not with a bang, but a whimper
>>
>>323798319
>it wouldn't have taken much for them just to let you 3d view the animal and to give it a few cutesy animations
Reminder it had been done in MGS3.

For your fucking food.
>>
>>323798319
meh
>>
>>323797884
The helmets eventually turn into full face protection, which case switch to a rifle or sleeping gas
>>
The game mechanics were great, the gameplay is good/okay, the story is whack and all over the place, the online mechanics are fucking bull. What more can be said?
>>
>>323793963
It's garbage, like every MGS after the first. Except this time half the game is missing.
>>
File: 1452554597999.png (118 KB, 200x295) Image search: [Google]
1452554597999.png
118 KB, 200x295
+Decent controls that brought Metal Gear to the level of most modern games.
+Great optimization.
+Many ways to go on about completing missions.

-Boring open world, especially since free roam doesn't have special enemies like snipers, armored convoys, Skulls, Walker Gears or anything else for some strange reason. Just regular enemies and even they are fewer compared to main ops. Only thing to do is collectibles and the boring blow up / pick up / fulton X side ops or catching animals.
-Base and soldier management were both straight downgrades from Peace Walker. Dumbed down Outer Ops, no Battle Gear customization a la ZEKE, soldiers don't use your researched weapons in Outer Ops, dumbed down soldier combat stats and so on. They also lied about base and FOB customization (that every base would be unique, giving the defender an advantage since they know the layout of their own base). Like the open world, there's nothing to do on the base except shooting gallery challenges and diamond collectibles.
-Shitty story, most of the game time the plot goes nowhere even in main ops (just copouts of Miller saying "we know Cipher is behind this, maybe"), the main twist of you not actually playing as Big Boss is too obvious and the reasoning behind it is shitty fanbase pandering.
-Final level is literally the game's tutorial level.
-Despite the game giving all these tools for you to work with you're forced to play non-lethal since lethal makes your gear upgrades grind to a halt.
-FOB online is awful and encourages even more grind for new recruits since you can't stop skilled invaders when offline. Balance is also shit in actual matches, with the defender getting things like respawning, viewing respawn points and spying where the invader is, plus a fucking spawn protection. I literally never lost a match when defending or won against a defender when invading.
-Lackluster boss fights. Quiet and Snufflepuggy are less memorable version of The End and Peace Walker.
>>
>>323799363
>-Boring open world, especially since free roam doesn't have special enemies like snipers, armored convoys, Skulls, Walker Gears or anything else for some strange reason. Just regular enemies and even they are fewer compared to main ops. Only thing to do is collectibles and the boring blow up / pick up / fulton X side ops or catching animals.

This is only true for the Skulls, snipers, amored convoys and walker gears appear in open world.

Agree with you otherwise though
>>
>>323793963
Gameplay is fun in a single player setting. Doesn't really lend itself well for multiplayer.

Gets boring quick though, since for its scale there is a severe lack of content.
>>
>>323795091
so fake
but hilarious edit
>>
not gay enough

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG2xiP0PHk0
>>
>>323797731
>As you play soilders will begin wearing riot gear and helmets
this wont happen if you do combat deployment missions on supply depots and transports, which carry riot gear, night visions, missiles, machine guns and so on. you can bleed the russians out so they only have basic gear.
>>
>>323799363
>Despite the game giving all these tools for you to work with you're forced to play non-lethal since lethal makes your gear upgrades grind to a halt.

THAT'S bullshit
>>
>>323798532
do fucking combat deployment missions and destroy supply convoys and depots which hold helmets and riot gear.
>>
>>323800654
>>323800851

I know this, just saying that the gear eventually evolves
>>
>>323794539
>cuck protagonist would still have been appropriate
>considering venom is raising other people's children
Autism
>>
PC fags ruined MGS community.
>>
>>323802460
>MGS
>community

go kill yourself
>>
I got it for free with my graphics card so I didn't expect anything special, buy for a guy who had never played a mgs game I got 35 hours of enjoyment out of it before it got a little stale. I really enjoyed that time played too, moreso than I enjoyed the witcher at least
>>
>>323793963
It would have made a great PSP game, just like PW made an average home console game.
>>
Good engine and Snake controls well.

Bad level design, "story", characters, "bosses", soundtrack, and whatever else you can think of that made MGS fun.
>>
>>323803712
The soundtrack is amazing and the level design is fun, especially when sneaking around FOBs
>>
MGSV's story is shit. Let's just ignore that and move on

Mechanically, it is a solidly-designed game. The issue is repetitive mission design and boring level design (both in terms of individual missions and the overall open-world)

Basically, it has the exact opposite problems of bethesda games, which have lots of stuff, but are built on a shit engine that limits everything fundamentally. It would actually be very simple to take the core gameplay of MGSV and have modders make better missions and level design, because that stuff is feasible for modders to do. However, AFAIK it's not actually possible to mod MGSV to any decent extent, beyond switching out character models for one another.
>>
>>323803849
There hardly was a soundtrack to begin with, what are you even talking about? Quiet's theme? Or do you associate the scattered around 80's music with the game?

Level design was the most tragic it's ever been, too.
>>
>>323804347
There's a soundtrack, you can download it in your nearest torrent dispenser.
>>
Would've been greatly improved by not having open world
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.