[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's really sad how this is honestly the best shooter released
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8
File: devils-third-boxart-na.jpg (280 KB, 1049x1500) Image search: [Google]
devils-third-boxart-na.jpg
280 KB, 1049x1500
It's really sad how this is honestly the best shooter released this gen.

>Dat map variety
>Those mechanics (Sliding behind cover NEVER GETS OLD)
>All those modes, ESPECIALLY Siege mode, which lets you customize your own fortress and forces you to defend it from other players.
>A reasonably high quality single player experience

This game has it all, but people won't give it any credit due to being Wii U exclusive. I really hope PC gamers really come to enjoy this game when it launches.
>>
shut the fuck up you absolute retard
>>
>being this contrarian

It's just a more flashy uncharted
>>
>>323792974

I disagree. Uncharted relies almost entirely on it's storytelling and setpieces in order to impress people. Combat is extremely simple and feels almost... scripted. Even when Uncharted 2 came out to rave reviews, you immediately had people admitting they probably wouldn't ever play it again.

Devil's Third lacks set pieces to that scale, but I think the combat is much more interesting for it. There are a number of things you can do in any given situation, and it's honestly a lot more thrilling to play because of that. In most shooters, if you saw someone shooting out of a window, you would have to wait for them to pop their head up to shoot them. But in Devil's Third, nothing is stopping you from running up to the wall, scaling it, and hacking that fucker to shreds.
>>
>>323792753
>I really hope PC gamers really come to enjoy this game when it launches.
wasn't it supposed to launch in december?
>>
>>323793351
Shut the fuck up you absolute retard

Devil's Turd is a piece of shit that Nintendo didn't even bother to market at all

You are just entitled to defend it and have "fun" cause you wasted 60$ in this piece of shit
>>
>being this fucking deluded
>>
>>323792753
Uh, wasn't Splatoon the best shooter released this gen?
>>
>>323792753
Are people still pushing this garage?
Devil's Third is one of the worst games made so far this gen. Yet there is like a handful of morons trying to aim it's decent if not good.
>>
>>323794440
Stupid drones, son.
>>
Game is trash, it has nothing to do with the Wii U. Even Nintendo wants nothing to do with it.
>>
>>323794323
I personally like Devil's Third more. I suppose you could argue Splatoon is more creative, but I really liked the way Devil's Third rethought tradtional shooter mechanics.

It's a matter of opinion, really, but it's worth noting that they're both Wii U exclusives.
>>
>>323792753
I found it used. I'll buy it soon.
>>
>>323794701
>It's a matter of opinion

Glad to know that you have a very shitty opinion then.
>>
File: image.gif (4 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
4 KB, 200x200
>still trying to shill this shit on this sub
>>
File: Deus Ex Fast Food.jpg (112 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Deus Ex Fast Food.jpg
112 KB, 1280x720
once they fix the servers atleast
>>
>>323792753
I would love to get it if I could find a physical copy
>>
>>323792753

Hahahaha this already released? Wow I thought it was awhile off since I hadn't heard a damn thing about it. Must have flipped immediately. Looks like shit anyway--i got a Wii u because I DIDN'T want generic shooter number 283842.
>>
>>323794951
Jesus, I don't remember the last time I saw EFG
>>
How can you shill a game that now one can buy?
>>
>>323792753
>I'm so contrarian, that I claim shit tastes good, and call everyone who says otherwise a sheep
>>
>>323792753
I thought it looked fun. The main thing is people either hate it graphically, the creator constantly defending it when It is more of a decent game not 10/10 goty material, and because it's cool to hate it. But it's multiplayer is genuinely fun which is why they put Multiplayer on PC because that was the main thing that was fun while the story is only decent but kinda shallow. But I understand what you're coming from.
>>
>>323795923
Keep in mind, Itagaki was literally being told that his game was one of the worst of the year. Of course he's going to defend it from those sorts of people, because that's not the case at all.

I'd side with Itagaki over game critics anyday.
>>
Are we all ready to accept that NGB was a happy accident and Itagaki was never good
>>
Honestly, I was watching some gameplay and it looks really fun, if janky. Like all those one-off action games in the PS2/XBOX. It seems like good stupid fun like Dook or Serious Sam.
>>
>>323796162
You also have to keep in mine they had to change multiple engines and had only a year i think a few months to get it done. That is impressive for a decent game.
>>
>>323796453
Yeah, I got the same impression as well when I started playing it. I think Itagaki confirmed the game was designed with a more old school 'feel' to it.

>>323796903
Oh yeah, there's this to consider too. That game had a really terrible development cycle. I think Nintendo may have wanted the team to start from scratch, since Itagaki has already hinted they are working on the sequel.
>>
>>323792753
Unfortunately there should've been more polishment in the final product.

owned the game and sold it, the multiplayer was fun but damn is the quality of this game inconsistent.
>>
>>323792753
>It's really sad how this is honestly the best shooter released this gen
I'd believe it.
Shooters are in a fucking awful spot.
>>
>>323797239
>the game was designed with a more old school 'feel' to it
Let's call it what it is: a ps2 shovelware 'feel'
>>
File: HM.jpg (21 KB, 280x180) Image search: [Google]
HM.jpg
21 KB, 280x180
>you can throw melee weapons at people
>>
I hoped it would actually be good
>>
>>323795364

It's got, what, a 42/100 on Metacritic?

Normally I don't give a rat's furry ass about critics' opinions but that's pretty damning
>>
I won't lie. Leading up to this game, watching the mulitplayer gameplay videos, I had a lot of high hopes. It looked like it had a ton of variety and could be the best multiplayer shooter on the Wii U. Just watch this trailer below.
(starting at 0:54)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhYXd8E2KOE
>>
>>323798116
And critics are such reliable people, right? These are the same people sucking Undertale's cock. They did it because it was expected of them, not because they actually have any strong feelings towards the game. The game simply doesn't deserve those scores. It got 2's. Because... the graphics are slightly outdated? Come on, now.

>>323798515
Oh yeah, the multiplayer definitely lived up to the hype. And the community is fairly active, too... the siege mode really encourages people to keep coming back and adjusting their fortresses.
>>
>>323798515

The multiplayer is supposed to come to PC, according to the devs

Who knows when that will happen though
>>
>>323798801
Probably because undertale isn't shit. Jesus christ dude, fuck off, you wasted money. Get over it.
>>
File: bayonetta never.jpg (116 KB, 418x308) Image search: [Google]
bayonetta never.jpg
116 KB, 418x308
Wii U exclusives have no problem garnering praise on /v/, OP.

Best shooter this gen is probably Wolfenstein: The New Order desu
>>
>>323798801
They should have just released it as a multiplayer only game. Digital only, and sold it for $20. They could even give it a different name. Being a WiiU exclusive. It would have gained a huge cult following.
>>
>>323799296
Bayonetta 2 is shit. The only reason it isn't regarded as such is because people bitching about that game were dismissed as just being salty.

>>323799293
>Undertale isn't shit

Shitting is a necessary part of life. Undertale isn't even worth that much.
>>
>>323799991
Bayo2 is shit and Devil's Third isn't? Fucking lmao
>>
>>323792753
Too bad multiplayer already dead. Whining bitches killed it.

Story mode is superior though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGRsIBRFNjM

>yfw activate Enbaku while shooting
>>
>>323794701
>but I really liked the way Devil's Third rethought tradtional shooter mechanics.
In what way? The hardest difficulty quite literally just forces you to 1: abuse the invincibility mechanic by chaining melee attacks or 2: playing a boring cover shooter because you die too fast and the framerate is so low it's legitimately hard to aim if you move around a lot.

Note that I absolutely did not say the game was difficulty, the damage balance is just bad. The shit AI and overpowered weapons / mechanics make it piss easy if you play it like a non-retard.
>>
File: 1385617732691.png (433 KB, 750x541) Image search: [Google]
1385617732691.png
433 KB, 750x541
>>323799991
>Bayonetta 2 is shit

lol
>>
>>323794951
>.gif
>he actually moves

Close, but no cigar.
>>
File: 1451196233390.png (1 MB, 1000x893) Image search: [Google]
1451196233390.png
1 MB, 1000x893
>>323792795
>>323793710
>>
I think OP is a scalper who got fucked into buying multiple copies but little to no buyers. So now he's trying to push this game on /v/.
>>
>>323792753
transformers devastation was a better hybrid between the shooter genre and the hack and slash genre
>>
>>323792753

>Nintendrones trying to shill at this piece of shit.

It has to hurt to be that level of idiot.
>>
>>323809493
>implying that its not cookie fags praising it
>>
>>323797239
Did he? I just hope for his sequel he has a clearer direction for it and is more consistent in quality, it really seemed like Valhalla just wanted DT to be finished.

Though personally I hope Itagaki makes a Devil's Third remake/updated version in the vein of Ninja Gaiden Black.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.