[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>/v/ tells you a game is a must buy >it's actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 7
>/v/ tells you a game is a must buy
>it's actually shit
What's her name?

Pic related for me

>boss with no weaknesses and a fuckload of HP that can 2HKO everybody in the team when not in Default
>guess the game wants me to use statuses to wear him down
>IMMUNE
>IMMUNE
>IMMUNE
>IMMUNE
>IMMUNE
>the game actually wants me to wait until he goes on negative turns so my team can attack him safely and just defend and heal during the rest of the battle
>15 minute long played safe boring battle until he finally dies
>also turns out statuses don't work on any of the bosses I've met so far
10/10 game design, super fun game right here.
>>
Animal Crossing New Leaf
>>
so you think the game is shit or not?
>>
Some of the default mechanics were annoying as hell.
>>
>>323778156
Pretty sure that last line was sarcasm.
>>
>>323778071
jesus fuck this
>no hurdles to climb
>literally nothing to do except tal to villaers who say the same cutesy shit over and over or ask you to give an Apple to Beaky or Bopsy or whatever stupid shit
>nothing to do except wait around for shops and shit to open
>only way to make enough money to upgrade your house in meaningful ways is to go to the island and spend 6 hours catching beetles
>no minigames to break the monotony or make me feel like I'm doing something
>HHD takes the only actually fun thing, customizing your home, and makes a full game out of it and everyone says its shit

how is this a best selling series
>>
>>323778296
How can you be so sure?
>>
>>323778027
Status effects do work on some bosses though. Fear is really useful on a lot of them, and poison trivialises one. Unlike some FF-types, slow works on everything. The game is balanced on the assumption that you came up with the meanest game-breaking strategies. Often those involve saving up a few turns of default to launch a combo.

Sounds like you never got to the actually shit bit.
>>
>>323778071
>>323778327
It's a therapy game for people with obsessive compulsive tendencies. If it's not for you, fine, but it fills a comfortable niche.
>>
>>323778421
if i had known it would be so shit i'd have given away my club Nintendo download code
>>
>>323778027
>boss immune to status effects
Its like as if this is your first jrpg.
>>
>>323778071
Fuuuuuuck, this!

I got this game because some faggots were recommending 3DS games and this was one of the few I didn't have.

It's so fucking lame. It's a kiddy game with no challenge whatsoever. Every single mission is "hey I borrowed this tennis racket from fuckface fox, can you return it" ... Oh and don't forget to write those letters, collect bugs, and fish! .... So fucking lame.

I thought the 3DD would at least expand the town, I was hoping to be able to travel between different towns and go to cities and shit. I guess I should have read up on it.

Spent one drunken night playing new leaf and have never touched it since. I will never support another animal crossing game.
>>
>>323778636
Cant tell if this is bait
>>
>>323778636
>he fell for the "animal crossing counts as a game and not an exercise in pressing the a button" meme
>>
>>323778421
It's for children. It's a game to keep little kids busy because kids find the dumbest most repetitive shit entertaining

Any adult with a fully developed brain could never genuinely like animal crossing, you'd have to have an IQ of <70
>>
>>323778569
the sad part is that using a rod lvl 2 special lets you put any weakness to the boss you use it on.

So you can actually make bosses weak to shit
>>
>>323778782
I fell for it hard, it's one of the worst purchases I have ever made in terms of video games. Another one being Elder Scrolls Online.
>>
>>323778797
>Any adult with a fully developed brain could never genuinely like animal crossing, you'd have to have an IQ of <70

Or if you're just a rich hipster girl who abides to the "Nintendo Masterrace" meme and have no other games to buy
>>
>>323778569
And ironically, in BD you can use status ailments on bosses. OP just hasn't played the game more than an hour.
>>
>>323778864
It's literally a limited version of The Sims, except for children and has always been like that since the Gamecube era. 2-3 videos could've shown you that.
>>
>>323778569
>tfw you know this fact, but you have that boss every once in a while that has a weakness to a status effect and you dont realize it because you're too busy rush to know the obvious hints
>>
>>323779025
I played it a little on GameCube but I would have thought that they would have expanded the game for the 3DS. There is literally no real difference between the GameCube version and New Leaf.
>town is pretty much the same size
>inventory is still poorly done
>same fucking activities
>oh. But you can make your own shitty patterns and flags!!!! .... Except they all look like shit.

It's just a terribly boring game. I'm also the type of person who plays games late at night so all the fucking stores would be closed. It got to the point where I would have to change the internal clock of my 3DS just so I could actually play the fucking game
>>
>>323779291
Honestly I don't know what the appeal is, especially when the game obligates you to invest literally every day into it like an MMO.
>>
>>323779479
It requires you to invest so much time yet you never really feel like you are rewarded for it.

I played it for that one night and I could not believe that there wasn't more to the game, I was just waiting for something else to happen or for me to unlock a new area (and that stupid fucking island doesn't count)

So lame
>>
The only problem the game had personally was chapter 5 onward. Before than it had a nice pace and the default//brave mechanic was actually pretty fun. And really enjoyed mix and matching the classes. But yeah the game became complete shit when the first time warp happened and it kept being more shit.

How is Bravely Second if anyone know? Does it do the same thing that Default does?
>>
>not giving bosses elemental weaknesses with compounding insect antenna+element material or using the rod second special attack
>not spamming poison on yourself with the party on bp recovery
>not making a undying dual wielding shield knight with high mdef spamming rampart to protect the party from wipes
>not having damage dispersion on your spell casters to prevent one hit kills
>complaining about the difficulty on a game with a combat system designed for allowing the player to make broken parties instead of complaining about the godawful recycled content halfway through the game

Game was shit, i'll give you that, but the combat was one of its positive points, not the other way around
>>
>>323778027
What boss are you even talking about?

I refuse to believe anyone is actually this shit at video games.
>>
>>323778569
Not him but BD bosses are weak to status just have to find the right one. Also good turn base JRPG do have bosses that you have to use status attacks and buffs to win. Dragon Quest, SMT, hell Paper Mario has gamebreaking buffs if you actually use them.
>>
>>323779025
The Sims and AC actually does a lot of things differently. Sims is more to do with your personal life while AC is more to do with actual interacting with people. Sims you just point at a person and they do their Sims talk while AC you kind of learn each character's personality and they even ask you questions about themselves to see if you are paying attention.
>>
>>323779690
Bravely Second has a time loop but only one and it's integrated into the plot a lot better.

Shame about Revo not doing the OST though
>>
>>323780225
How annoying is the loop? I groaned with BD but soon it just became tedious and that was just the first time let allow the other 3-4 times.
>>
File: PMD Sky.jpg (30 KB, 250x224) Image search: [Google]
PMD Sky.jpg
30 KB, 250x224
>>
>>323779690

A better question is, is ringabel or anyone on par part of the main cast?
>>
>>323778027
>the game actually wants me to wait until he goes on negative turns so my team can attack him safely and just defend and heal during the rest of the battle
HAHAHAHAHA
moron
>>
>>323778027
See I enjoyed the mechanics and gameplay a lot, the boss fights were a lot of fun I thought, but I put the game down when the time skip thinggy happened and it basically just undid all of your progress and meant you had to beat every boss over again.

Why do nip games sometimes do this? I just never played it again.
>>
>>323778953
> play game for a hour
> still have to recruit edea
>>
>3ds game
>buy
WHAT YEAR IS THIS?!
>>
>>323781687

>cant have a party of ringabel, alternis, jackal, and barbarossa

Why live
>>
>>323778027
I hated this game too
>Bravely Default
>/v/ loves it
>Sounds like an interesting concept
>Boot it up
>You don't actually play as a person courageously coming to grips with their coming bankruptcy and foreclosure in an emotional and gripping adventure game with multiple story paths based on the decisions you make
>instead it's some JRPG nonsense
Dropped HARD.
>>
>>323781924
What the hell are you talking about?
Did you want to play a banker on the stockmarket or something?
>>
>>323782052
I was kind of expecting it to be about defaulting bravely, yes. The name makes no sense otherwise.
>>
>>323778027
>being shit at the game

The game has unbalanced class combonations. If you think the boss needs a weakness, you are garbage
>>
>>323778027
>Not using Low Leverage past chapter 5

The fuck is wrong with you.
>>
>the final job you can learn
>its pure shit

why use conjurer ever?
>>
>not using 4 black mages until you can use 4 pirates
Easy game tbqh
>>
>>323779690
The end game was so shit it actually upset me. I was expecting something amazing but that fucking time loop felt lazy as fuck
>>
>>323778027
>Edea's skirt doesn't even cover her crotch
L E W D
E
W
D
>>
>>323781896
>Can't have a party of 4 Ringabels on an airship run by Ringabels
>>
>>323782732
>Tfw Conjurer uses a huge amount of MP and turns to set up
>In that same time, a non-Conjurer mage would have killed the enemy long ago with stuff like Twilight or the poison detonate magic
>>
Newfags don't realize that classic RPGs are generally hard as fuck and require hours of grinding. Thankfully BD speeds up the process considerably and if you suck you can just set the difficulty to Normal.

Status effect start working when you get the Loli Arcana class.
>>
I wish the 3DS had more perfect games like this.
>>
File: 1445576802288.jpg (168 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1445576802288.jpg
168 KB, 1920x1080
SMT4

The smirk bullshit and dullness of the combat for me made it hard to enjoy wandering around the copy-pasted dungeons, and I didn't give a shit about the story/characters

demon negotiations were fun though
>>
>>323786075
I disagree, I think it was all bad. It doesn't differentiate itself from the previous installments.
>>
>>323786075
>Tfw replaying Persona 1
>Have Nanjo be condescending to the demons
>Piss them off
>Then have MC gun them down with a submachine gun

I wish P3 didn't dumb down the series so much.
>>
>>323778027
>being this bad at an easy jRPG with multiple broken combos
>>
>>323786075
I would say play SMT3. The only problem is SMT4 improves upon things to an amazing degree. You have more control over what abilities they are changing (SMT3 they just pick one randomly), fusing it's pure RNG on what spells they get so you spend way too much time canceling and trying to fuse again to get the best abilities with the new demon, learning abilities can be a hassle because if you lose an ability you lose it forever so you might want to read up ahead on what you want your character to be. But man SMT3 is damn fucking good. I fucking wish Atlus just give us a remake of 3 but with all the improvements Persona 4 and SMT4 had.
>>323786227
I love the improvements from Persona 3 to 4 but man I hate what they did to the games. P4 might have the best gameplay but compare to the story and characters of Persona 1 and 2 it doesn't hold a candle.
>>
>>323782732
>>323785707
Wat. The conjurer self buffs are godly if used as a secondary.
>give ninja dual katanas
>set up skills that double the hit count, increase accuracy, and give big damage boost based on number of hits connected
>Use speed/evasion buff on a ninja
>brave brave brave
>hit for 9999x8
>>
>>323779896

Going through my first Danger Mario run. It's hilarious.
>>
>>323786519
It's the pay2win mechanics holding it back. Just like Thieves and their Godspeed Strike.

Conjurer can buff itself to become godly, but when you have such a low damage cap, a regular ninja can deal consistent 8000x8s almost every turn already.

Conjurer would kick major ass without the pay2unlock damage cap.
>>
>>323786623
>Normal jumps does about 12 damage
>Watt can charge you for even more power
>Goomario has it too with multibounce
Shits fucking amazing. The only problem is how they cap you. Unless you are talking about TTYD than BP and a bit of FP all the fucking way. Hell do the thing where they take half your HP and give it to FP for real fun. 100 Pit Challenge is the best in the world. Sad Nintendo never build more on that. I mean I get them trying different things but it's been 10 years just give us one more good Paper Mario.
>>
>>323778636
Only hardcore furfags recommend the game.

Quite literally to enjoy the game and enthrall yourself in it you have to be a degenerate furry who browses e621 and has no aspirations in life.

And how ironic that a majority of neo /v/ are closet furries so this doesnt't surprise me one bit. I feel sorry for all the anons who got tricked into buying it even years after release.

I still remember the suffocating hype before New Leaf arrived. City Folk was really that bad and the series such an unapologetic rehash that even the most glacial of changes were revolutionary. And again, furfaggotry. Isabelle becoming the new mascot was the icing on the cake.

Hopefully now outsiders will never take AC seriously again now that HHD and amiibo Festival are a thing.
>>
File: 1436801156112.jpg (35 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1436801156112.jpg
35 KB, 300x300
>>323778027
> Bosses with no weaknesses
Look at this little fucking baby; out of all the jrpgs you manage to find one of the easiest games out there difficult

for fucks sake they have a growth egg and golden egg that can make you OP
>>
>>323778027
Literally git gud

>all bosses are immune to status effects
wrong
Infact there is even a boss that you can oneshot by using an elixir on him, because he's undead, ergo takes damage from healing, and an elixir heals you for your max hp.
>>
>>323778027
any JRPG
>>
>>323786729
>pay2win mechanics
What are you talking about? Sleep points?
That's hardly pay2win, and you can fill up your guage to max everyday by leaving your console in Sleep mode, hence the name.
If you have to rely on Bravely Second just to deal damage you're doing something wrong.

Hell, the only times I've ever used Bravely Second were to give an Elixer to Gigas Lich for a OHKO.
>>
>>323778027
literal definition of git gud
>>
>>323780474
Edea and Tiz are back.

Magnolia and Yu are as bland as your standard JRPG/anime protags can get.

Ringabel returns for the "collected all the asterisks boss fight" to help you out. He's basically Funny Valentine with Berserk armour now

From what I've been told it left a sour taste in people's mouth. The new jobs are good but the story is just very stale and has way too many Japanese pop culture references.
>>
>>323778027
I agree with you but not for any of the reasons you listed. The gameplay was fine, and music was absolutely amazing. But after you unlock the crystals the story starts committing suicide.

>Hurr I didn't know you were my lifelong best friend the whole time because you have amnesia!
>>
>>323788270
I actually never finished the game. Quit during the first time loop because everyone said it never gets any better. Is there anything I need to know plot wise before starting Second?
>>
>>323788764
Tiz had a celestial inside him keeping him alive

Airy was linking alternate worlds via crystals for her master. A giant cthulhu thing with a terrible voice that blows up versions of the planet to heal himself.

Tiz gives back the celestial and dies ir passes out in the end. Turns out to be alive in post credits and rescued by Magnolia.

Ringabel is an Alternis Dim from another dimension. Goes back to said dimension in the end.
>>
>>323788764
Why would you want the 2nd if you could not finish the first?
>>
>>323789182
Because until that time loop I actually love the fucking game. And if they didn't fuck themselves over again in Second I would love to play it. Just want to be caught up before playing it because fuck finishing it.
>>323789087
That's really fucking stupid but thanks.
>>
File: bravely_default-d7booag.jpg (396 KB, 1200x546) Image search: [Google]
bravely_default-d7booag.jpg
396 KB, 1200x546
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTlAar00HRY
>>
>>323789334
There's a time loop in Second but it's very brief and handled pretty well.
>>
>>323789334
I didn't think the time loop is as terrible as everyone says it is. Unless you're skipping all the sidequests, not doing the false ending in chapter 6 and such, it's not bad at all.
>>
>>323789489
Alright. Honestly I wouldn't have mind the time loop if they didn't do it so poorly and had to do it multiple times. My friend was in the same boat where we would have made it one of our best game of that year but it really shat the bed half way through. What's fucking amazing is that the first time loop happened around the 35 hour mark. So if they actually wrapped things up and gave me just a dumb ending I would have been happy.
>>323789585
Having to do it 4 times was one of the dumbest things. It had a good enough pacing too. Not great but I felt like I was always on the move. The time loop felt like it stopped all progression and worse made me feel like I was going backwards since they just kept making me redo things multiple times.
>>
File: bwtqjhtu3zqpp8qnxnhu.jpg (54 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
bwtqjhtu3zqpp8qnxnhu.jpg
54 KB, 636x358
I fucking regret this, even though it was on sale.
>>
>>323789701
>The time loop felt like it stopped all progression and worse made me feel like I was going backwards since they just kept making me redo things multiple times.
Eh, I'd probably share your view if the story wasn't progressing through each loop.
But since it was, I don't think the time travel or rather dimension hopping is that big of an issue.
The crystal boss fights get increasingly trivial as you get stronger and if you're doing the sidequests you're always learning something new about the characters and your circumstances. Not to mention that the sidequests themselves change in each worldline, and it's paced well enough that I always felt progressing.

I'd usually spend about 10-15 hours completing sidequests in each loop and about 30 minutes relighting the crystals. But each to their own I guess.
>>
I finally finished BD last night after leaving it for nearly 2 years since getting to the time loops, I genuinely enjoyed it more coming back to it as it really helps flesh out all the asterisk holders and the main cast, I just found an overpowered set up though to cheese the end of the game to speed up the ending.
>>
>>323790559
Was it Valkyrie + Time Mage?
Or Dark Knight!+ Monk?
Or Spiritmaster + ....fucking anything?
>>
>>323790681
Dark knight monk using Phoenix flight and minus strike, just had a spirit master/White Mage for stillness and the odd arise that slipped through.
>>
>>323790752
Thought so.

There's a lot of broken combos.
>>
>>323791203
Not that other anon, but Pirate/Bushido was a favourite of mine.
Being able to hit out consistent 9999s with a Giant's Axe, Free Lunch + Amped Strike is fun.

It's almost as if the game encourages you to find hard hitting combos like these.
>>
>>323778027

All I'm reading is "I'm casual as fuck".

I have literally not needed a single BP or died to a single story-boss yet.

I tried to go up against that level 25 bitch that attacks your village when I was 23 and that didn't go well. Who the fuck pulls out Blizzaja at level 25?

Anyway, yeah, git gud.
>>
File: 1419694559938.png (128 KB, 524x525) Image search: [Google]
1419694559938.png
128 KB, 524x525
>>323791575
>Free Lunch + Amped Strike
Aaaw yiss. That's the good stuff right there.
>>
>>323778027
Pretty much everything /v/ considers good is complete garbage and everything good is considered garbage.

/v/ was right about Bloodborne tho, this game is awesome.
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.