[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's have a thread to talk about MMOs >What MMOs do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 40
File: le_bewb_slider.png (611 KB, 715x494) Image search: [Google]
le_bewb_slider.png
611 KB, 715x494
Let's have a thread to talk about MMOs
>What MMOs do you play?
>Why do you like said MMOs?
>Do you play as a female character despite being a male?
>Are you waiting for the release of a MMO?
>Is the community of your chosen MMO nice?
>>
File: pso20151124_130548_000.png (2 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
pso20151124_130548_000.png
2 MB, 1366x768
>>323756678
>What MMOs do you play?
PSO2. Played Mabi, and tried TERA long enough to cap, but ended up bored, inexplicably so in the latter since it seems like it should be sorta fun.

Action combat, god-tier customization, lots of fun missions, and amazing bosses, sometimes surpassing Monster Hunter-esque. It's too easy, but only because of party size, and it's easy to make a challenge out of it if you want.

Of course.

Black Desert, Maplestory 2. I've tried the latter and I like it, but it's lonely and laggy on the Korean version, to the point of being unplayable for the most part.

The general is one of the most venomous on /vg/, but the ones in-game are nice, somehow. Outside of 4chan, it's even worse cancer.
>>
File: 1413488412157.png (204 KB, 370x475) Image search: [Google]
1413488412157.png
204 KB, 370x475
>What MMOs do you play?
WoW, unfortunately. Rarely I go back to The Secret World just to dick around a bit though.
Good time killer I guess.
Depends. I only do this if the game has multiple races and the female has a better looking model than the male undead
Not really. Kinda keeping my eye on corecraft but that will be in development hell for eternity so whatever.
Fuck no.
>>
Waiting on Blade & Soul. Interested because the arena was fun as fuck and it has pretty much the best 1v1 combat I've seen in an MMO.

Probably going to play Black Desert as well. It's super gear based and has shit korean mechanics like gear enhancement but I'm willing to try anything that is remotely sandboxy nowadays.
>>
Does Tera actually have boob sliders now?
>>
>>323758160
OP's picture isn't Tera. I'm not sure what it is.
>>
File: elin.png (3 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
elin.png
3 MB, 1366x768
>>323758160
It always has, in a way, as a separate item. It's costly, but not too costly.

Ever see characters, most noticeably Elins, which are shorter than others, or have a bit of breast, or proportional hips? Those are the three slider items, Height, Chest and Hips.

It's a ripoff, yes. Like that maid uniform I actually bought.

Fuck this game I just want to have fun with it for all I've spent on it, a good $70 I'm sure.
>>
File: Lotro.png (3 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
Lotro.png
3 MB, 1680x1050
>>323756678
>What MMOs do you play?
Currently only subscribed to LotRO, but I've dabbled in pretty much every one out there. In the last three years I played a lot of WoW, TOR, Guild Wars 2, and FFXIV, but stopped each one because I felt like I wasn't getting my money's worth or they were fucking me over. Also playing ESO, but mostly out of curiosity after I got it as a Christmas gift.

Honestly it's mostly for the fact it's Lord of the Rings. The world is familiar, and nice, but the game ranges from decent to abysmal depending on the patch the content comes from. The holiday events are all pretty great though, and the housing and communities are nice.

>Do you play as a female character despite being male?
Yes, but I have male characters too. It all depends on the kind of character I want to make when I make it.

>Are you waiting for the release of an MMO?
Not really, not even sure what MMOs are coming out. I might subscribe to Legion for a month just to see what's changed from WoD but I doubt I'll be hooked.

Yes but it's pretty small. Playing mostly on Brandywine after Elendilmir died and my kin all moved to a different server. Getting groups for most content is hard nowadays without a kin just because nobody wants to do the old stuff.
>>
>>323758695
It didn't always have them and they only work on the newer swimsuits anyway.
>>
>>323758092
I was very interested in this as well a few years ago. Saw an unnamed streamer playing the arena and it looked really cool. Then he started running into classes that were clearly better for 1v1. The summoner and force master smashed him in every fight once he ranked out of whatever shit tier he was in.
>>
>>323756678
>>323758695
>it wasn't actually censorship
>it was just greed

T-thanks Korea
>>
File: slav bot.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
slav bot.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>323756678
>What MMOs do you play?
wildstar
I like the setting, art style, and raiding
my main is female
no
I guess
>>
File: 1451257947844.png (25 KB, 312x360) Image search: [Google]
1451257947844.png
25 KB, 312x360
I'm sad. I feel like MMOs had such a good promise since WoW, but they failed to completely follow through and now people are flocking away.

Are MMOs truly dead? I just want an MMO that has a lively RP community, races, and some good game content. I don't even think WoW's worth going back to.

Is there anything left?
>>
>>323758784
Oh man I kinda miss LotrO. I see that they havent dropped it and are actually merging servers and working on it. Hows it going?
>>
Is blade and soul going to be halfway decent or 100% ass?
>>
>>323759220
MMOs are kind of in a dark age.

There are some good ones, but no great ones. Everything is either a promising title crippled by some terrible design decision, a shell of its former self, or just a decent timewaster.
>>
>>323759319
It's been going okay. They seem to have dropped doing expansions entirely and just release new content in patches. They've done all of Gondor that way and they're up to Minas Tirith now. It's been okay, but there's kinda been a dearth of new group content for a while, and Osgiliath was a fucking chore. It also runs more poorly than you'd expect considering how dated it looks.
>>
>>323758949
Nah more like in the beginning it was censorship to appeal to the mass market and after a while they realized the mass market never gave a fuck about the game anyway so they just decided to milk the people who stayed.
>>
Will MMOs ever be good again?

After the EQ2/early WoW era it seems to have gone downhill
>>
>>323759440
Gameplay? Okay if you're into it
The localization? Fuck no
>>323759460
>tfw never played WoW
>tfw never experienced a great MMO
>tfw you still try to play MMOs looking for it
>>
>>323759657
Basically I just want to have fun with buxom girls in skimpy outfits in an MMO? That's all I want fro B&S.
>>
>>323759474
Thanks man, I might actually try it again, I have a bunch of expansions bought so I can dick around for some days
>>
>Destiny
>It's very like methadone to heroin. It's very laid back, even the top level raiding and PVP isn't that serious business. I don't have to play every day to justify my purchase
>Yeah, because if there's an option to play as a space lesbian, I damn well pick it. It doesn't matter though, everyone's always in armor and you can't tell M/F unless you hear them die or you're in the Tower
>Nope
>They're pretty okay for PSN I guess. Raiding with randos isn't terrible, but it's better with friends.
>>
File: 1399853484709.jpg (837 KB, 1944x2592) Image search: [Google]
1399853484709.jpg
837 KB, 1944x2592
>>323756678
>What MMOs do you play?
WoW
It's one of the few MMO's with monstrous races and also I'm a big shit eating Blizzdrone.
I have two female characters for the sake of mixing it up. A Dwarf and Tauren. The rest are males.
Keeping an eye on Black Desert and Crowfall, but not expecting anything.
The parts I see are, sometimes I get assholes but other times I get decent people.
I had fairly decent people in XIV too, but the healers were much whinier. Also the amount of people who used quote macros for spells exceeded the ones I saw when monks came out in MoP. Especially with NIN and DRK players.
>>
File: 437.jpg (110 KB, 1000x764) Image search: [Google]
437.jpg
110 KB, 1000x764
>What MMOs do you play?
Currently just The Secret World. Used to play Jade Dynasty, Aura Kingdom unfortunately. Dabbled in GW2, FFXIV and ESO but lack of people to play with caused me to stop. Played WoW for a week before latest expansion but didn't like it because I felt like I missed out on the charm
Setting is nice. Quests aren't boring me to death
Yeah
Not anything in particular, I just wish for a good MMO to come out
Yeah people are generally nice
>>
File: 2015-02-15_00001.jpg (365 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-02-15_00001.jpg
365 KB, 1920x1080
>>323759657
I know these feels.
I had a real good time with FFXIV - to be fair, I only started playing last year, but I dumped in over 500 hours until the end of the summer, when I finally let my sub run out around the time Savage Alex dropped.

Never had any real friends to play it with, just some iffy guildmates who I could run dungeons with but I didn't really get along with or socialize much with.

Man, I just wanna explore a fantastical fantasy world that feels alive with some cool, friendly people and overcome spectacular challenges with a population of like-minded people.

>>323760105
>Also the amount of people who used quote macros for spells
oh god don't remind me
>>
File: zerker.jpg (518 KB, 1707x1456) Image search: [Google]
zerker.jpg
518 KB, 1707x1456
>>323759606
It's just coming from me here, but I think Maplestory 2 nails it on the head, aside from only having one race. It feels very open-worlded and fun to explore, yet comfy and inviting.

I've only played the KR version so I dunno what all the cool kids were really up to, but you could do all sorts of things with other people, even build houses and throw little parties or something, and customizable dungeons might have been patched in by now.

I wouldn't say it's perfect, but it doesn't seem to have glaring flaws. The only one I can think of is being able to use potions in the arena, to the point where it's P2W because the most powerful potions are cash items, but I feel even Nexon will have the sense to fix that in the localized version.
>>
File: 1452135678563.jpg (50 KB, 251x356) Image search: [Google]
1452135678563.jpg
50 KB, 251x356
>>323759220
Seriously, is there anything that has the community/content I'm asking for in this post? I just want to stop this hole in my heart that I can't satisfy.
>>
File: 1452402035915.jpg (53 KB, 339x481) Image search: [Google]
1452402035915.jpg
53 KB, 339x481
>What MMOs do you play?
XIV, B&S.
Honestly there isn't much I like about XIV anymore. I continue to play for raiding even though Alexander is a bit mediocre, and because of friends.

B&S has pretty fun PvP and it's free, so I'm enjoying it as a nice side game.
Never have, never will.
Waiting for NA release of B&S so I can move over from JP.
Eh, XIV was pretty shit on the last couple NA datacenters I played on. Recently moved to a JP datacenter for a better group and the English speaking crowd here is much more friendly.

Kinda weird now that I think about it. One game I went from NA to JP, the other from JP to NA.
>>
PLAY SKYFORGE YOU KEKS WE NEED PLAYERS
SEARCH FOR THE GENERAL ON /vg/
THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR TOLERATING MY CAPS
>>
>>323756678
>What MMOs do you play?
Elder Scrolls Online
I dunno, pvp is pretty cool, quests are ok but the world itself is great
Nope
Ummm, I had an interest in Everquest Next but I wouldn't say I'm waiting for it.
World of Darkness had me stoked but yeah...
Its fine I guess, being its Elder Scrolls I'm sure there are a lot of faggy people out there but most seem pretty chill.
>>
>>323760371
>PLAY SKYFORGE
if I wanted to play a game where the only thing to do was grind I would play warframe
>general thread for an mmo
lol no thanks
>>
>>323756678
>>What MMOs do you play?
SWTOR
>inb4 >swtor

>>Why do you like said MMOs?
Initially came for the f2p Star Wars. Stayed because I joined a guild and made friends. It was also my first MMO and raiding was a lot more fun than I expected it to be. I spent $5 a few years ago to become preferred and bought all the convenience shit that subs get with in-game credits. Only recently subscribed for a month for 4.0 because that was the only way to get the latest expansion.

>>Do you play as a female character despite being a male?
I have characters of both genders. I only play male ones now, not because they're male, but because I don't like the classes that I made female.

>>Are you waiting for the release of a MMO?
No.

>>Is the community of your chosen MMO nice?
There's autistic faggots, of course, but I think they're just a loud minority.
Unfortunately Bioware hasn't planned any group content until August that they've told us about, so most of the long time good players are leaving, including most of my guild.
>>
>>323760247
I used to play XIV, I could never do any raiding, not even coil because by the time it's easy enough for someone to carry me through no one wants to do it anymore
It's impossible to find someone to play with in XIV for me, the only person I thought was my friend just kept talking about their static every day which made me quit
>>323760371
I tried Skyforge, but it's combat just felt terrible to me, I was playing Cryomancer and I didn't feel like I was doing any actual damage
>>
>>323760371
I need actual action combat, anon.
>>
>>323760371
>MMO general
>/vg/
You won't trick me into playing with a bunch of fags ERPing as little girls.
>>
>>323759953
Don't be one of those people, Destiny is not an MMO.
>>
>>323760182
going along with this, you cucks got any recommendations
>>
>>323760626
It's close enough. Definitely not in the league of WoW/FFXIV/TERA/etc, but it's as much of an MMO as the first Guild Wars was
>>
File: jGmqMf5.jpg (247 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
jGmqMf5.jpg
247 KB, 1366x768
>>323760336
Forgot to mention, it is action combat unlike the first one, and I find it fun, especially the bosses. It doesn't take a daunting amount of skill to play, but having a lot of skill will definitely help. It's also less item-based than MS1, so you don't survive just by eating sushi every three seconds in the fray.

>>323759953
I saw my brother playing some kind of racing subgame in that. Along with the nice Halo feel the controls have, I might play it more. I really think an MMO should offer lots of things to do, even being multi-genre, with how much time and effort and love you pour into your character, and putting a racing game into it is a fucking rad idea. MS2 sort of does this with the multiplayer minigames that happen every 30 minutes in the main city, but they were rather meager last I played.

Oh and female EXOs are very pretty. Shame there isn't even a see-through visor on a single helmet.
>>
>>323760619
Letting the way /vg/ plays games shape your perception on them will ruin anything for you. If anything lurk and watch the circus in motion but by no means should those people be a basis for a decision.
>>
>>323758936
The height and thighs work independent of any clothing, but yes, the breast slider is limited to those newer swimsuits.
>>
>>323761289
The racing was a special event that only ran for 3 weeks. I think they were testing the waters to see how it was received since there were only 2 maps.

But the have a PVP event that runs every weekend as well as a week long PVP event that runs once a month. They put out hard mode for the latest raid about 2 months ago, and released challenges for 3 of the 4 boss fights that cycle weekly and reward you with better drops about a month ago.

Like I said, it's no xXxHARDCORExXx MMO by any stretch of the imagination, but it scratches that MMO itch and you don't feel guilty if you only log on for a couple hours every other day or so.
>>
>>323761480
That post suggested that I seek out the general. I can try an MMO without ever stepping foot in that shit heap.
>>
File: Awoken Female 1.webm (1 MB, 444x554) Image search: [Google]
Awoken Female 1.webm
1 MB, 444x554
>>323761289
The racing only came about a few weeks ago.
>>
>>323761774
Generals are still a good source of information. Autists often find efficient ways to play their game and compile the information in the general. So long as your questions are well-formed you can still benefit from them.
>>
I don't play any MMOs and haven't in years. I'm waiting for WoW and all its clones to die off so we can get some sandbox MMOs where your actions actually matter.

And hopefully it won't be the same watered-down Tolkien shit.
>>
>>323756678
Not playing any. Kind of looking for one. Something with palpable character progression without getting to that WoW-tier gaudiness, and easy-going party making.

Might be better off looking at Grim Dawn or something. Don't need the massive part of the MMO, just adds flavour to towns and some busier dungeons I guess.
>>
>>323761480
>The circus in motion
Topkek

Has anyone here played tree of savior? I missed the closed beta.
>>
>>323756678
>What MMOs do you play?
Right now i'm playing Dragon Dogma Online, while i wait for the DD:DA pc release.
I've tried almost all the MMO published in the last 10 years.
Because the gameplay is fantastic, it carries the game by itself. Gorgeus views and pretty good music too.
Yeah, i love my brown girls too much to play a generic self insert shit male character, i got pretty tired of that.
I have my eye on Tree of Savior, i feel a lot of nostalgia from Ragnarok Online.
I keep my hopes low, though, game developers usually are shitters that can't make anything good.
Yeah, we are very few, compared to other MMO, so it's like a little town where everyone knows everyone (lobbies only allowing 100 playes each enforces this).
>>
>>323762556
Is DDO actually good? I've been looking for a f2p mmo that doesn't suck, because I'm broke as hell and would be buying DD:DA if I had any money.

How's the exploration/world? I know the combat's solid, especially for an MMO.
>>
>What MMO do you play?
FFXIV

>Why do you like said MMO?
It's fun enough, haven't found anything else worth staying around for. The content is decently challenging, the raiding is pretty fun, and the story is solid. I'm in a relatively casual raidgroup, still stuck on final phase of A3S, but they're all fun people so I don't mind being a little behind on content. I'm also pretty dang good at my class and I get asked a lot to help out and sub in for other groups which feels good.

Nope, considered it, but being a normal ass male Hyur is strangely rare, I'm the only one in my entire 80-man FC.

Are you waiting on the release of an MMO?
Nope, there's no point to doing that either honestly. I haven't found an MMO that was ever good on release, might as well wait until it smooths out the kinks and adds a decent amount of content.

I play on Midgardsormr, not Balmung like most of /v/ and /vg/, and it's pretty comfy. It's popular enough that our Party Finder is active, and we have a decent endgame raid community. We're just small enough that most of the frequent endgame players at least recognize eachother and their FCs, and everyone gets along pretty well outside of a handful of offenders. I would say it's a solid 8.5/10 community as far as MMO servers go.
>>
>What MMOs do you play?

EVE, WoW

WoW because I loved the lore but it's lost most of its charm over the years I have played it. EVE because I can do whatever I want and I have friends and a semi active corp to play with

WoW I have both Male and Female. Just depended on how I was feeling. EVE Main dude is a male, Alt is Female because why the fuck not

Tits and Ass Wushu edition AKA Blade and Soul

WoW is hit and miss although it's usually better then others.

EVE is like a working for the fucking Empire of Star wars. Everyone is your friend until they can kill you and take your shit. Only trust your friends and people you work with for a long time.
>>
File: pic.jpg (18 KB, 256x365) Image search: [Google]
pic.jpg
18 KB, 256x365
https://youtu.be/B_7TR-X4eFY

it hurts listening to this knowing that time in MMOs are never coming back. it's all themeparks zapping you around.
>>
>>323762884
Well, not gonna lie to you: it's GRINDY AS FUCK.
You get a lot of things to do, but you always need to kill things / collect shit.

Big monster are complete beasts, gonna give you a bad time even if you are overleveled.

Pawns are fucking retarded, don't trust them.

World is pretty big, and there are no mounts, so that makes it even bigger. There is fast travel but only to towns you have visited already. And there is like ONE town per zone.

You don't need to pay anything, the store is 0 intrusive, you have cosmetic slots for your gear so you can wear whatever you want without losing power.

Classes are fun, very different from each other. You have to unlock some of them.

You can change your class and level it separately anytime. Same for pawns.

You have a few skill / pasive slots, you have to unlock those skills and make your build. Higuer ranks need to be unlocked.

World areas need to be leveled questing in them, until you unlock access to new areas / events / monsters / etc.

It a very nice game, but you gonna need time and patience.
>>
>>323756678
>>What MMOs do you play?
WoW
10 years worth of content I still haven't fully explored. The game also rewards me for taking advantage of the economy by letting me play for free.
I play both male and female characters.
I always look at new MMOs but nothing specific. Blade and Soul could be nice if I saw more of the PVE side of things.
The /vg/ community is one of the worst but I always manage to find some alright people to talk to.
>>
>>323759460
You'd really think someone would see all these mistakes other MMOs are making and think hey maybe we shouldn't do that.
>>
File: ultima jail.jpg (234 KB, 971x801) Image search: [Google]
ultima jail.jpg
234 KB, 971x801
>What MMOs do you play?
Ultima Online. A UOAC Freeshard to be exact http://www.uoancorp.com/
UO is great. Sandbox > Themepark
Yes, they can wear more armors in that game.
I've been waiting on something to replace UO since like 1999 but everything fails.
Yes, it's a small community of hardcore enthusiasts for an old game. That's basically the best community you could ask for.
>>
I hate MMOs because I am antisocial and despise people, but I managed to put aside my hatred long enough to play FFXIV for a few months. I liked it, and even formed a relationship with my Free Company, but I couldn't shake the hatred and dissatisfaction in my mind and ended up dropping it.
>>
>>323764123
Are you ok, anon?
>>
>>323762219
I played it, it's very grindy and linear but it's cute and has a good class system. Unfortunately the class system is kinda wasted since nothing is hard enough to where you need anything except "more damage" to solve a problem.

I got interested in it again recently and have been lurking /vg/ and apparently class balance is still awful even though they fully released it and it's just a shitshow right now.
>>
>>323762556
Is the music made by the same guy who did DD? Might try it on that alone.
>>
>>323764440
Uh, you got me there, i have no idea.
You could check it translating the game's page, or even the manual page, but it would be challenging even so.

Can tell you that it is very nice, specially the combat music.
It changes depending of how much HP the boss has left, the last 15% is pretty epic.
Makes you feel exactly what is happening: victory is at hand's reach.
>>
Played FFXI and WoW. FFXI was great for its story and making you rely on the community to get shit done. WoW was great for being able to get shit done on whatever your schedule was (excluding raids).

The whole model is shit at this point because the only people trying to make new MMOs are the ones trying to cash in on that sweet sweet subscriber money and no one is focused on making a good game.
>>
File: 1320342260458.jpg (196 KB, 584x712) Image search: [Google]
1320342260458.jpg
196 KB, 584x712
>>323764642
>pretty epic
>>
>>323764798
That's how i speak and i'm not going to change it.
Sorry if it triggers you.
>>
I plan to join Blade and Soul when it comes out, but other than that, I haven't played anything in a while. Hard for me to find groups and stuff like that, especially since every 4chan guild I've ever tried to join has already been a tight knit group of people, and I don't really fit in anywhere else - and if I don't fit in, what's the point of playing?
>>
I still play EQ, going on 14 years now. It's definitely in its twilight years but I still love how classes work and the EQ player base is so small each sever is basically a small family. Reminds me of vanilla WoW sometimes.
>>
>>323764076
Would you recommend it to someone how didn't play UO in it's prime ?
>>
File: 1451381904444.png (102 KB, 450x443) Image search: [Google]
1451381904444.png
102 KB, 450x443
>>323756678
>>What MMOs do you play?
I've played Tera Arch Age and XIV but the only one i've max leveled is XIV. I sort of hate mmo's but I keep hoping the next one I play will actually be good.

I don't really. Tera has an ok battle system, Arch Age is in the right direction as far as guilds goes, XIV has a fantastic setting, Korean games have great character creation. I find that a single MMO seldom gets more than one things right.

Duh. Do you not?

I'm going to give Black Desert a try when it comes out. Hopefully I can actually get people to socialize in that game but ironically mmo players are completely anti-social and most developers go out of their way to make it so that you never have to talk to another human being if you don't want to. Oh well, at least there'll be dress up.

No.
>>
File: 1320350938679.jpg (24 KB, 577x359) Image search: [Google]
1320350938679.jpg
24 KB, 577x359
>>323764887
>>
File: Ashwara.png (739 KB, 1229x941) Image search: [Google]
Ashwara.png
739 KB, 1229x941
Anyone remember that one KS MMO that tried to copy 1;1 the old Everquest model?

It was something like you could walk across the entire area with no maps like the old days & if you die you have to get your corpse back
>>
How is The Secret World, since that's on sale?
>>
>>323765227
I thought it was F2P?
>>
File: shard.jpg (56 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
shard.jpg
56 KB, 400x300
>>323765051
>Would you recommend it
Honestly, no.

Ultima Online is objectively the best MMO but times have changed and its model doesn't work anymore. It's not the game's fault though... it's this new generation of people who play MMOs. They don't know what to do in a sandbox.

I don't blame them though, they haven't been given a proper MMO to show them in their time. You have to be literally 30 years old to know what it was like.

Instead, the new generation is finding bits and pieces of what made UO so great in other games like DayZ and Ark and shit. That kind of emergent gameplay that everyone thinks is so fresh and new already existed back in '97 on a scale thousands of times larger in UO in a persistent world.
>>
File: char.jpg (2 MB, 1680x4198) Image search: [Google]
char.jpg
2 MB, 1680x4198
>>323756678
>What MMOs do you play?
Used to play Runescape, Mabinogi, FFXI, FFXIV, PSO2, and Archeage.
RS introduced me to the concept of MMOs and served as an alright platform to talk to some of my real life friends after school, Mabi had anime breasts and I was going through puberty, FFXI was the first MMO that I think I truly "enjoyed" with the kind of stuff you could do in it and how varied the community was, and FFXIV was a pretty nice waifu game.
Yes, and I always end up playing a somewhat similar character in each game that allows it, to the point of it becoming an obsession to capture that look in some way.
Yes, I'm hoping to play Bless, though my hopes aren't too high for it. Oh, and I was in the betas for Blade and Soul and Black Desert, the former not leaving much of an impression on me and the latter being way too repetitive even for a Korean MMO, to the point that I had to force myself to keep playing.
>RS
Far too many kids
>Mabi
Not nearly as many anime obsessed wapanese weirdos as I expected. Granted, this was back in 2008, so I doubt it's the same.
>FFXI
pretty cool dudes for the most part
>FFXIV
The Americans are usually the worst and I accidentally made my character on a primarily PS4 server, so lots of them, either being really bad and angry, dank may may droppers from what I assume is /vg/, or just obnoxious anime kids. Also, the occasional French person trying to type broken English. Japanese guys are usually alright, though.
>PSO2
Pretty cool guys as long as they don't know you're a foreigner and I know enough Japanese to at least pull off a basic exchange.
>Archeage
Made an effort to avoid people in this game, so legit not sure, but I've heard lots of bad things
>Black Desert
Lots of people dropping dank memes and arguing about anime.
>>
>>323765934
Have you tried the new Ultima game Garriott's making? Honestly it looks like it's gonna end up in development hell.
>>
>>323765812
B2P
>>
>>323766231
Yeah, it looks and feels like absolute shit. Plus I'm not really into the whole singleplayer/multiplayer thing... just pick ONE. I don't know why he didn't just make a modern UO clone. Would've been so easy.
>>
>>323766150
>Black Desert
Download link? Or was that the beta. I wanna play that game.
>>
File: 1360596041931.png (702 KB, 813x646) Image search: [Google]
1360596041931.png
702 KB, 813x646
>>323758695
>Castanic
>gave myself max hips
>costumes were still at the default hip size and would clip with my thighs
>give myself smallest height for that shortstack
>looks alright...
>walk over next to an Elin
>same fucking height
>had to buy another modifier to raise myself back up a bit

The "customisation" in Tera was a joke.
>>
>>323765227
combat is shit, like really really shit and nobody that plays the game will say otherwise.

HOWEVER, it got the best quest design, lore and atmosphere out of any MMO out there. It's better than most single player games in those areas.
>>
Playing none currently, waiting on BnS head start.
Typically play male or female characters depending.
>>
>>323766529
>mfw someone actually paid 11000 for that game
>>
>>323766529
Camelot Unchained is going to be skill based just like UO was. I have never found a game as good as UO either. But I'm cautiously optimistic about CU
>>
>>323757747
You should check the definition of latter
>>
File: 1361718175121.jpg (9 KB, 248x251) Image search: [Google]
1361718175121.jpg
9 KB, 248x251
>>323760371
Such a neat concept, but then
>F2P
The game feels so devoid of variety and there's no real way to kit yourself in some nice/rare armour because armour does nothing. You don't even get to choose what your weapon looks like. Bleh.
>>
File: HIGH HO SILVER.gif (1 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
HIGH HO SILVER.gif
1 MB, 400x300
>>323766970
Do you trust the Mythic devs after what they did with Warhammer Online?
>>
>>323767471
I actually liked Warhammer Online no bullshit. Warrior Priest melee was one of the most rewarding and difficult classes that I've ever played. The RvR was sort of a letdown but I still really liked the classes and the game.
>>
File: _mmoharem.png (2 MB, 1846x871) Image search: [Google]
_mmoharem.png
2 MB, 1846x871
Vindictus and Tera currently. I just like games with fun combat and sex appeal.

Ready for Blade and Soul this week. Anyone know when Tree of Savior officially launches?

Vind's community is generally alright minus the goldbuying tryhards, but Tera's is half LoL-tier screaming children and the rest are ERP furfags
>>
File: tera_athenix.webm (3 MB, 420x554) Image search: [Google]
tera_athenix.webm
3 MB, 420x554
>>323766554
it was supposed to be much more, but they apparently dropped it.
>>
File: 1448151750940.gif (3 MB, 328x321) Image search: [Google]
1448151750940.gif
3 MB, 328x321
>>323768178
>humans even dance like fat people
>>
>>323756678
only MMO I seemed to care a little was Neverwinter Online but I quite often lost interest so MMO's aren't really my thing. My older brother tries to make play with him at SWTOR but it doesn't much better than Neverwinter Online.
>>
>>323756678

Playing nothing right now after quitting WoW and FFXIV and swearing off MMOs that only have to do with endgame raiding. I am though looking for a new MMO, preferably something with a good emphasis on crafting and gathering but at this point anything would be nice, any ideas?
>>
>>323766546
Beta. The Korea and Japanese versions are available for free, but I think you need a proxy.
>>
>>323764328
As okay as a person with autism can be.
>>
File: Long Shot.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Long Shot.webm
3 MB, 640x360
Currently playing XIV.

It's also been stagnant as fuck ever since its expansion came out, which is never a good sign for an MMO's first expansion.
>>
File: 1436828019431.jpg (17 KB, 255x287) Image search: [Google]
1436828019431.jpg
17 KB, 255x287
>>323770087
>It's also been stagnant as fuck ever since its expansion came out

I seriously hope you're joking. That game has been stagnant since it's rerelease.
>>
File: CoerthasL.jpg (299 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
CoerthasL.jpg
299 KB, 1280x720
>>323771112
I usually give MMOs the benefit of the doubt on their vanilla release. ARR devs decided to go with an easy leveling curve versus making you grind for four months straight to get to cap which made you run out of content a little quick.
>>
>>323758160
There's a mod that you can make your t&a bigger or smaller, shape the ass to any shape you like and alter body properties. Completely okay but don't advertiser it like an idiot.

Only issue is that what body modes you do will apply to all pc characters you see.
Make DFC sliders every gal is DFC, busty slider busty gal
>>
Playing GW2, got hooked after it went f2p
>>
File: 1422197372467.jpg (44 KB, 600x648) Image search: [Google]
1422197372467.jpg
44 KB, 600x648
Been a huge mabinogi player for like 7 years, though the current content is so lacking and I'm one of those oldfags that's over 9k total, so not much else to do there.

Right now I'm just playing XIV, and I'm loving it there. Playing with my mabinogi guildies, so not too out of my element.

I know that while XIV follows a very general MMO formula, it's one that I've not really gotten into since I had mabinogi and WoW wasn't weeb enough for me. That said, I fucking enjoy the way teamplay works and shit synergizes and it's like my first themepark MMO that i've really gotten into and I'm just really enjoying the ride.

I play as a male, and I'm not really waiting for any release.
I think XIV's community is decent, but nowhere near as social as what I'm used to in mabinogi, where at times the game felt like a glorified chatroom where people would just talk to each other randomly for hours at a time.
>>
>What MMOs do you play?
WoW

I don't really. I know the game is terrible and the bane of the entire genre, but all my friends play it. Even then, they don't care much for the actual gameplay itself. We all enjoy RP'ing together on RP realms which can swing from amazing fun to toe curling drama. I know that there's other games out there with RP communities, but none of my friends will leave and WoW has a massive population to bounce your characters off of.

I've done so often. I don't bait people but you do end up having to keep your real identity at arms length. A lot of people, if they find out you are actually a man will instantly stop RP'ing with your character. Too many people use this fucking game as a dating sim and try to find true nerd love.

I'm quietly dreading/looking forward to Eternal Crusade. I'm a huge fan of /tg/ style stuff. With the failure of World of Darkness I really hope the 40K one won't shit the bed as Dark Millenium did. I'm just hoping it'll have aspects to explore the galaxy rather than being a polished version of the Space Marine turd.

Varies wildly. You get illiterate fuckwits, lollers who endlessly squeal memes and think they're the pinnacle of comedy. Drama Queens with egos as fragile as stained glass and genuinely loathsome people who will do all they can to spoil the fun of other people they don't like. However, through all this, I've met and make some exceptionally great people who I've gone onto meet and travel some of the world with. Perhaps those nerds looking for love are onto something after all.
>>
File: 1360106887186.jpg (14 KB, 294x275) Image search: [Google]
1360106887186.jpg
14 KB, 294x275
>>323774789
>A lot of people, if they find out you are actually a man will instantly stop RP'ing with your character

>tfw have a whole entire alternate female persona for this exact reason
It started way back when I was on HellMOO and has just been growing ever since. Whenever I start a new online game I have to decide whether I'm going to use the alternate persona for it or not.
>>
File: Lynn_beautyshop2.jpg (81 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
Lynn_beautyshop2.jpg
81 KB, 1024x640
>>323756678
>What MMOs do you play?
Vindictus, occasionaly.
Because combat system blows every other mmo into shit-tier, also amazing boss designs and ost.
Yes, customizing & personalizing character is the best.
No new mmo was able to hold my attention, nothing innonative.
You need to be very social and they are nice.
>>
File: 370_4.jpg (821 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
370_4.jpg
821 KB, 1920x1080
>>323756678
>What MMOs do you play?
Dungeon Fighter Online
Absolutely one of a kind and plays great with a gamepad. It's also freed from NexonNA. Fuck Nexon
Classes are unique depending on gender so yes I have both
Interested in seeing if my laptop with 650M can even run Black Desert
Nice parties, but game is pretty anti-social
>>
MMOs are dead. They solely survive off doll dressup and erpfagging. Anarchy Online, Everquest, all the golden oldies never suffered this filth. What happened? Did WoW introduce MMOs to the depraved hormonal teenagers who need to touch their dick all the time even when playing games?
>>
Played FFXIV for about 1000 hours.
Before that I played a bit of guild wars 1 & 2 and tried out some free ones, all of which were total dogshit.

I like the lewdness in MMO's and the whole fashion thing going on with glamours/transmogs. That seems to be the main draw with those games.

MMO:s are shit though and I gave up on them. They are always ugly, poorly optimised, they all are carbon copies of eachother and if one game does something right, it gets fucked over by a shitty community (which all of them have) and the devs fuck veterans in the ass.
FFXIV was alright despite doing nothing new. It looked alright, played out alright even if pretty slow and it had some interesting stuff going for it. Then they started nerfing content and making everything easier because the shitters couldnt clear content. Shitters and underage animefags make up for 90% of the community and its like that on every server. I have some good memories of that game, being a filthy weeb and all, but I just refuse to let all my hard work get brushed aside in favor of casual players who cant be bothered to find a group to get along with. I fear that I was the single cause for a fairly big FC to stop playing alltogether. First it was in protest and then we realised that none of us really missed the game. We just ended up fucking around, doing useless shit as the game was already dead to us.

MMO's are the worst and they bring out the worst in people/companies. When you look past the big titties and tight asses which they market to you, you will notice how cynical the MMO market is.
RIP FFXIV, you had potential.
>>
>>323756678
only faggots play MMOs
>>
>>323756678
>>What MMOs do you play?
WoW and Rift
They're fun
I'm not a male in real life
Black Desert, gameplay is fun and I love the housing system
Yes for both, hopefully BDO is just as nice
>>
>>323776543
>in favor of casual players who can't be bothered to find a group to get along with
I'm probably better than some of the people in my friend's static because I fuck up less than they do whenever I was brought along in ex ravana and other things
But I never had anyone to clear content with me and all party finder groups require clears in the first place, I can't find join PFs to meet people and I can't join a static because of my schedule, I never finished coil and I only managed to do a few turns when my friend carried me
My problem with XIV is that the gap between casuals and hardcore people is too large, either you only play once a week for something like CT or you can dedicate enough time for a static and go raiding
>>
>>323776914
Do you play as females or males in MMO's?
All the grills I know play as males for some reason. Its a weird assbackwards thing where all the dudes play as girls and all the women play dudes.
>>
>>323777062
I play both. For example, my main, a Human Paladin, is a female.

3 of my alts are male Gnomes.

And when I play Horde I usually go Male Orc.
>>
File: bl7.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
bl7.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>
>>323760371
Fuck Skyforge
>Only 2 dps are viable end game
>>
>>323777021
Thats where being social in MMO's come in. MMO's are games that you gotta put some time into, be prepared to do so also. Simply getting to know people is important, it can be hard, but in the past it used to be more important. Many MMO's didnt use to have these partyfinders and such, you had to find a group on your own for all content which was problematic for those who wouldnt want to socialise in MMO's.
You dont even need a very "good" group to start with. Just a group that has patience, is willing to learn the tiny details in their classes and maximise their usefullness, have patience to sit trough a ton of wipes and eventually you will clear even "hard" content.
You get experience with practice and only with practice, but so many people have the patience to wipe only once or twice and they give up. Makes me wonder why they even play such content when they cant be arsed to learn shit right.

Joining random statics can be too time consuming as they often raid a whole bunch, but trying to find that group of your own is key. Not that it really matters anymore since they nerfed fucking everything to shit. coiltower stuff goes by so fast that many of the mechanics dont even have time to kick in, even with first timers in there. Not to mention going in with a smaller party thats lvl60. You wont get synced that way. Everyone carrying a "final witness" title thesedays is one of those frauds and everyone who legit got it is now too ashamed to carry that title. Its funny how it all turns on those who cleared it when it was actually hard.
>>
>>323756678
>What MMOs do you play?
Ragnarok Online
Nostalgia reasons and doing PVP and PVM with friends is nice
Not really. Tree of Saviors is a maybe at this point.
Most are okay.
>>
File: LE2.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
LE2.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
Good bosses are important.
>>
>>323756678
>What MMOs do you play?
WoW, dabbling in realm reborn because of the humble bundle. Might jump back into dragons dogma online.
I enjoy raiding in wow, final fantasy has been an interesting ride.
ye boi
if expacks count yes.
its a mixed bag.
>>
File: Cow_mask_chathead.png (7 KB, 109x92) Image search: [Google]
Cow_mask_chathead.png
7 KB, 109x92
>What MMOs do you play?

Old School RuneScape, World of Warcraft but not currently playing

RuneScape because nostalgia and it has a lot of solo/grinding content that I like
World of Warcraft because I was hooked from day one

No, the bigger the better, and males tend to be bigger and have larger armor

Legion expansion for World of Warcraft

World of Warcraft: No
OSRS: Autistic if anything
>>
File: 1422602832805.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1422602832805.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>323756678

>What MMOs do you play?
FFXIV, Destiny.

I had hoped that people who usualy play MMOs with me could not be bad in this game because everything about PvE is simple and easy to read but I was wrong.
Destiny is shit, I play with my brother and is son.

Yes.

Blade and Soul.

Probably shit.
Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.