[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just played all three Bioshocks. Bioshock thread. Why do people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 8
File: 2308703-1270723055-biosh.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2308703-1270723055-biosh.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
Just played all three Bioshocks. Bioshock thread.
Why do people lose their shit over Infinite?
>>
>>321992580
because it's shit and overrated as fuck.
>>
>>321992580

Because Infinite destroys the story of 1 and 2 with even shittier convoluted writing than the movie Inception... It's also bland and monotonous, it could have been a totally new game but no they just had to fuck it up, even the plasmids are now called vigors and have no reason to exist in the first place, in 1 and 2 plasmids were made for convenience and easier living because that's why people invent most things - so we could live more comfortably, in infinite vigors are just there for you to kill people, there's no backstory on how they were used before the shit hawks came to town.
>>
I don't get the ending
>>
Threadly reminder

2>1>infinite
>>
another

> i didnt understand infinite, therefore, it sucked

thread...

HOW ORIGINAL...
>>
>>321993139
"Like a shit hawk"
>>
>>321992580
>Why do people lose their shit over Infinite?

Because they apply real-world physics to a science fiction video game and argue that the game isn't realistic and doesn't adhere to widely accepted theories in real life.

/thread
>>
>>321994407
Would you kindly stop posting
>>
>>321993139
>with even shittier convoluted writing than the movie Inception...

lmao stupid people and their stupid brains
>>
>>321992580

years of hype leading up to a hyper meta choice means nothing held together with spit and string narrative with a middling twist ending. the hype is most significant. no one would have been upset were it a new franchise with an unknown team, but: it wasn't
>>
>>321992580

Because it's not a Bioshock game. The beginning is amazing, literally amazing. Then as soon as you go the beach, it turns into a weird mix between COD and Serious Sam, with just corridors followed by rooms with tons of enemies and infinite ammo. The part on the zeppelin is one of the most pathetic things I've seen in a game those last few years. Ending was ok, but you can't be interested in it since 8/10 of the game were literally what is going on.

Not to mention the pre-release trailer/gameplay thing hyped everyone. It looked astonishing and bioshock-y. The end result is just a shit fps.
>>
>>321992580
Cockblocking. Devs tease you by showing you acute girl, made you follow, protect and generally take care of her to the point of helping her with a goddamn corset and then slap you with a revelation that's your daughter.
Also mediecore gameplay, inconsistent setting, forced political or social themes. Definition of trying too hard. I pirated it on relase, finished in 3 days and deleted. It was fun while it latsted, but nothing grioundbreaking as the devs wanted it to be. I'm not coming back.
B2 wins best gameplay in series, B1 wins with atmosphere and setting.
>>
>>321995187
>threading your own post

lurk more faggot
>>
>>321995696
it's true, I'm saving you all lots of time

>That's not how a multiverse works!
>...he shouted at the video game

/thread
>>
>>321992580
I thought it was pretty okay. But people seem to have hard time accepting that it is an alternate universe and does not have to fit previous games. Also since everyone is talking bad about it, it echoes.

But it's not more than okay, it's just average and a big let down after the first two that's all.

Regardless, I enjoyed it. It delivered me my fantasy of going on an adventure with my daughter.
>>
>>321992580
FINALLY
A
SMART
GAME
FOR
SMART
GAMERS
>>
Infinite > 1 > 2
Anyone that disagrees is a worthless hipster faggot.
>>
>>321995631
>Cockblocking. Devs tease you by showing you acute girl, made you follow, protect and generally take care of her to the point of helping her with a goddamn corset and then slap you with a revelation that's your daughter.
i think that was kind of the point anon. If you have gotten to the point that you are expecting waifus in every game and are pissed when they arent their maybe you need t get out of the house more.

There are a lot of things to complain about in regards to infinite, but this is a weird one.
>>
>>321992580

Bioshock 1 was a thought-provoking atmospheric game with decent shooting mechanics that allowed you to be creative.

Bioshock 2 was also atmospheric and improved on the shooting and melee mechanics though it's story moved away from philosophical to emotional.

Bioshock Infinte was a shooter that tacked on both an emotional story as well as a philosophical 2deep4u story and failed at both. Not once did Infinite make me think about racism and nationalism, its environment existed solely to give you nice shit to look at while you shot people in the face.

It was a bad shooter because it restricted you to two guns and removed a lot of tactical options that were present in the previous games like hacking, and it was a bad story for far too many reasons to list.

Bioshock 2 is the best in my opinion. BS1 suffered the same problems Infinite did in the end levels that fuck it up.
>>
>>321996462
Dude, Liz was presented as a waifubait extraordinaire, she was made to be the one, she was criuse missile aimesd at male player's libido, corset scene was just a cherry on the top. Also I had some more issues, read my whole post not just first sentence.
>>
>playing BS1 for the first time
>Elevator opens up to show you Rapture in all its glory for the first time
>Andrew Ryan "I chose, RAPTURE"
>This starts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEFIZh_Zscc

I don't think I've ever been so amazed by how cool a game looked.
>>
Because the game is POPULAR
Everyone loved it when it came out, loved the story

What do you think happens with things like that?
They get hated by fags who hate popular things out of principle, that's it

Bioshock infinite is such a basic game, it's so simple
You go around
You shoot stuff
There's a story

Run of the mill stuff, few features to make it interesting, that's about it

And what does a game like that need?
It needs a 2 hour fucking "critique" that gets posted everytime someone says they didn't hate it, it needs counted threads how much the game sucks and how much better the first one was
>>
>>321993139
>with even shittier convoluted writing than the movie Inception
How can you be this retarded?
>>
Infinite was lame. It was okay for a playthrough but it is so boring to start it again. I've beat 1 probably around 10 times because you can play it differently almost every time. 2 was alright as well but I hate how it is almost literally on rails.
>>
>>321998853
>he enjoys and replays bioshock 1
How man?
I installed that game over 10 times in my life, and each time I drop it after I finish the first area, or at that plant part

Everyone loves it, and I want to like and enjoy it but I just don't
Something in it doesn't click with me
>>
Am I the only one who was delighted by the end of this ?
>>
>>321999004

Because it all gets fun when you get the shotgun and more powerful plasmids. The shotgun (with a semi-auto upgrade) is by far the most satisfying to use next to a fully upgraded wrench. The areas are nice. I usually stop in the last area because its boring. Everything else about the game is pleasant. I really like the art deco shit and smooth jazz. You have to get immersed. Look at things, listen to things and then freak the fuck out when a splicer hits you in the back.
>>
>>321999120
Both episode 1 and 2 of burial at sea have the best gameplay out of all the bioshock games

They're both great in pacing

Second place goes to the amazing bioshock 2 dlc, minvervas den

The rest of bioshock is kinda trash honestly, first one gets away with it cuz of the world
>>
The real let down was Bioshag.
>>
>>321995227
Thats absolutely right. Maybe you can switch around 1 and 2 but Infinite it objectively shit and Irrational deserved to collapse because of it.
>>
>>321999120
>>321999307
Does Burial at Sea requires Infinite or is it standalone? Might give it a try just for the noir atmosphere and milf Elizabeth
>>
>>321999120
It destroyed the little sense left from the Infinite.
And that ending was really cruel
>>
>>321992580
That Yahtzee guy seems to like Infinite a lot.
>>
>>321999705
They're all shit games tho
2 is the best piece of shit, but it's still a shit

>>322000291
He's a pretentious faggot of course he fucking loved it
>>
>>322000381
All games are shit m8. Kids hobby, if you still do it post 18 then laffin at ya life.
>>
>the guy who made it cries whenever Elizabeth is lewdified
Loving every lmao
>>
File: 1448946271558.jpg (16 KB, 552x505) Image search: [Google]
1448946271558.jpg
16 KB, 552x505
>>321995631

>muh waifus
>>
>>321995819
What? No. I don't care if its a alternative universe. The basis of the Bioshock series is atmosphere and story.

Infinite was beautiful in the beginning and had a change and everyone was cool with it, then fucked it up as you go along then it gets it atmosphere back When Booker went to an alternative universe where he never came back to Elizabeth and you have to deal with the Boys of Silence then after that part, the whole atmosphere now feels mediocre because you experience something better early on.

Also, they have a society built on Vigors, why doesn't no one use them? It doesn't have to only be tied to special enemies.

Infinite also went down in gameplay aspects.

I liked the story and game, but it is completely weak against 1 and 2.
>>
>>321996019
Anyone that agrees is a worthless hipster faggot.
>>
>>322000381
Not anon, but explain why 2 is shit?
>>
>>322000486
Can't argue with that
>>
>>322000486
thanks me too
>>
How good is the DLC? I don't feel justified spending $18 on it
>>
File: Bioshock.jpg (630 KB, 3559x737) Image search: [Google]
Bioshock.jpg
630 KB, 3559x737
>>
>>321992580
Are they worth playing honestly?
>>
>>321994407
Your opinion is not the same as mine but as long as infinite is the worst, i'm fine with it
1>2>infinite
>>
>>322001247
1 is a must play if you like shooters. 2 is worth playing if you really liked 1 and like the idea of being the Big Daddy.
Infinite will probably disappoint you if you really liked the first two but at least it looks nice I guess.
>>
>>322001448

Don't forget that Minerva's Den is the truest sequel which Bioshock 1 ever received

Burial at Sea episode 1 is okay too I guess, but it'll be a letdown after Minerva's Den
>>
File: no likey cat.jpg (47 KB, 500x364) Image search: [Google]
no likey cat.jpg
47 KB, 500x364
I will now answer ops question with a simple picture.
>>
>>322001247
Yes. But System Shock 1 and 2 and Arx Fatalis are better.
>>
>>322000381
He's a weird guy. I remember watching a lot of his videos and he was mainly very critical of any game. For some reason I lost interest in his videos. Only very rarely maybe watching a video every few months.

I probably lost interest because he started to seem to like games he was playing more and more. His reasons for liking some games over others started to make absolutely no freaking sense either so I stopped watching him mostly.
>>
File: 1441604614112.jpg (85 KB, 664x536) Image search: [Google]
1441604614112.jpg
85 KB, 664x536
>Levine wants to make a game called Infinite
>execs force him to slap the Bioshock name on it
>shit from previous games gets shoehorned in with the names changed around and no reason for them to be there
>Ken claims he likes to be confused by fiction and intentionally fucks up the story to make it obtuse
>gameplay is bland

about sums it up i think
>>
Bioshock 1 is still the best of the series. Maybe it is also because it came out at the perfect time. 2007 was a year where FPS genre as a whole wasn't nearly as prevalent as now. The genre was also a lot more opened in that more variety was in FPS games. Where as these days most FPS is pretty much the same garbage.

Had the story and audio logs sucked though the game definitely would be taken down quite a few notches even if it is still a fun game to play. The game may be pretty easy and the variety isn't even necessary mostly because the game is so easy but that didn't stop me from trying different things anyways since the plasmids are fun to use.
>>
>>322002370
>Ken claims he likes to be confused by fiction and intentionally fucks up the story to make it obtuse

That seems more like he tried to defend things outside of his control.
>>
>>321999570
This, especially the second part
>>
System Shock > System Shock 2 > Bioshock 2 > Bioshock > getting your genitals mauled by 10 angry beavers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Infinite
>>
>>321992580
>Infinite
Long before the time of Bioshock 2 there was a script, It was originally Bioshock 1 story that story was recycle for Bioshock 2.

That story was also recycled for Bioshock 3, It had small changes it is still the same script.
>>
>>321992580
Infinite is garbage.
>>
>>322001236
This is so wrong it's not even funny.
>>
File: Shodan.gif (418 KB, 724x481) Image search: [Google]
Shodan.gif
418 KB, 724x481
Now go play the best one
>>
>>321992580
Because it was SHIT.
>>
https://youtu.be/VdNhwb7iuI4

The people claiming others don't understand it, obviously don't understand it.
>>
>>322005362

>personal opinions are wrong

sure thing senpai
>>
>>322000802
You just said exactly what I said. It's a different game atmosphere is not there but it's average on its own.
>>
>>322005570
It needs remade like Deus Ex and Thief. Too old and goofy now. Not at all scary.
>>
The only thing Infinite does well is the art direction, but to its credit, it does that very well and moments like the arrival in Columbia are very memorable for it. Unfortunately, the gameplay is just a boring shooter for the most part, Elizabeth could have beej a really fun companion, but instead she just gives you supplies, the Skyhook's not very fun to use and none of the vigors give cool powers. Aesthetically, the enemies are well designed, but they're not fun to fight and the police acting like splicers is incredibly lazy of the developers to do. The story is complete nonsense, it makes no sense and the only people who think it does make sense don't understand it. Quantum physics is not a suitable explanation for every question in the game. The only memorable character is Elizabeth but that's only because she's extremely fuckable, not because she's an engaging character, not to mention that her Disney princess personality is unbelievable considering the fact that she had been isolated her entire life.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.