[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Resident Evil 0 HD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 5
File: 1452636367019f.jpg (70 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
1452636367019f.jpg
70 KB, 460x215
One week till launch time for a hype thread
>Who will be getting the game?
>What are you most excited for?

Also general Resident Evil Thread too I guess
>>
I just want an RE2 remake with RE4's camera. I can't stand early Resident Evil because of the camera. The fucking camera was a selling point, too. It explicitly mentions it on the back of the RE1 jewel case.
>>
is there any difference between the original gamecube re0 and the REA version on wii?
>>
File: ChROGri.png (10 KB, 929x236) Image search: [Google]
ChROGri.png
10 KB, 929x236
cant wait homie
>>
>>323736973
As far as I know there is no real diffrence. I know the game doesnt have any motion controls or anything
>>
Am I the only one who thinks RE4 is the best Resident Evil?
>>
>>323736820
It was an innovative camera back in those days. I think they were going for a "cinematic" look and feel to the original
>>
>>323736820

re4 worked with that camera because the levels were designed around it, it can't work for re2, you are supposed to be able to see around your character, tank controls with a third person camera are the most stupid thing I have ever seen in a videogame, let me fucking move sideways you fucking hipster developers holy shit die
>>
>>323736563
>>Who will be getting the game?
preordered
>>What are you most excited for?
wesker mode
>>
>>323737556
yes
>>
File: 1391132053858.jpg (88 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1391132053858.jpg
88 KB, 1024x768
>>323737556
Its the best in terms of controls and gameplay. The story however is a little over the top and it's slightly too silly
>>
>>323737556
the majority of the internet thinks that
>>
>>323738227
>Its the best in terms of controls and gameplay.

I disagree with this sentiment tbqh. I've replayed and beat Resident Evil Remake far more times than RE4, cause RE4 is a poorly made slog while REMake is a tightly made game.
>>
>>323738227

I enjoy the camp.
>>
>>323737725
>>323736820

I would like to see a hybrid camera like in early re 4 builds for remake re 2. The old school static camera until you aim your weapon at which point it goes over the shoulder. Keep the limited ammo(obviously) but fix the tank controls and add the re4 style context sensitive kicks but make them do virtually no dmg just use them for clearing an escape path.
>>
>>323738540
>but make them do virtually no dmg just use them for clearing an escape path.

Cause nothing inspires tension and horror like abuseable animations

RE4fags are the worst
>>
>>323738494
Did you play REmake with tank controls or the newer system? Because I wasn't counting REmake as its own game as its just a remaster
>>
>>323738494

What do you mean 'poorly made slog'? Don't you think that's overstating it a bit, anon? I prefer RE4's style of progression to that of RE1/2 where you have to find some fucking item somewhere and use it on some door. I realize they're not 100% action like RE4 but that is the one reason I never bothered with RE1, and only played RE2 for 5 hours before putting it down, whereas I've beaten RE4 8 times and own it on 3 different platforms.
>>
Anyone who uses alternative controls should be gassed.
>>
>>323738785
>Replay RE4
>Remember I have to go to that castle
>Remember I have to fight ganados with guns

RE4 has the most "that part" of any game I know
>>
>>323738690
So make them more difficult to pull off?
Sorry I don't want to replay a game I've already beaten numerous times with the same exact mechanics.
I've been a fan since 1 faggot but go ahead and keep memeing
I bet you think the counters in remake were bad too
>>
>>323738963

Fair enough, though I still liked the castle. Off the top of my head, some ">that part" moments in RE4

>water room
>regenerators on round 1
>trying to get into the fucking castle itself
>all the goddamn quicktime events
>>
>>323739067
>I bet you think the counters in remake were bad too

Those were fun though and fit perfectly with the mechanics as they were a limited item rather than unlimited kicks/neck snaps/punches/etc

I bet you RE4fags want them to add treasure as well.
>>
>>323738963
Del Lago was the worst "that part" for me. I hated that
>>
RE1-3 had tank controls which doesn't work well with todays standards

RE4 had campy bullyshit, the easiest difficulty, and QTEs out the ass

Where's the middle-ground?
>>
>>323739437
RE5/6 are far too up their own ass and have half the fun

RE4 was perfection, dont see why people dislike the camp
>>
>>323739437
>RE1-3 had tank controls which doesn't work well with todays standards

Except for the fact that REMake not only reviewed well, but sold well for Capcom.
>>
>Giving money to capcom
>This thread
>I want RE4 camera in REMAKE2
i expect nothing less from resident evil "fans" on /v/ these days.
you people should just end yourselves
>>
>>323739594
*REMake HD

Can we stop this

>Nobody likes tank controls!!!11

Meme, cause clearly reviewers disagree.
>>
>>323739437
>RE1-3 had tank controls which doesn't work well with todays standards

How you can not play resident evil, you have to be fucking disabled or something
>>
>http://uk.ign.com/articles/2002/11/11/resident-evil-0?page=1

>http://uk.ign.com/articles/2009/12/12/resident-evil-archives-resident-evil-zero-review

How can IGN be so shit? To give a game an 8.2 rating in 2002 then give the same game merely a 4.5 after 7 years. Seems kinda dumb to me
>>
>>323739610

i was "i want re4 camera anon", and i'm sorry but that camera is shit. don't fucking try arguing, aiming is disgustingly awkward and the control is horrible.
>>
>>323739594
And every other game in the series is praised for not using it. I don't have a problem with tank controls because I started with RE1, but I feel like Revelations had the best control scheme out of all of them.
>>
File: 1451424222816.jpg (191 KB, 970x617) Image search: [Google]
1451424222816.jpg
191 KB, 970x617
Do people really complain about game controls? They are what they are, just learn them and play the fucking game
>>
>>323739805
modern times, thats probably his first resident evil game
>>
>>323739343
Congrats on making assumptions and being retarded really you are an inspiration.
No I don't won't treasure
In fact they should keep most of the game the same.
However, think it would be interesting to add a mechanic for controlling space in the environment
Again, really sorry about the autism you suffer through
>>
>>323739805
Watch IGN give RE0 HD a high score

>>323739857
>but I feel like Revelations had the best control scheme out of all of them.
>Revelations

Opinion disregarded. You can like RE4 all you want, but I bet you think those shitty games are a return to horror as well.
>>
>>323740142
>Watch IGN give RE0 HD a high score
Thats exactly the kind of shit they will pull off. Either that or they'll shit all over it for not being one of the more "mainstream" entries in the series
>>
>>323739852
You disgust me
>>
>>323740076
>However, think it would be interesting to add a mechanic for controlling space in the environment

You can already do that. It's called using the weapons/running around the environment. Nobody cares about your RE4 meta
>>
>>323740142
>hating on Revelation
I like you. I believe revelation is the worst in the series and the gameplay is awful. The way the monster get damage is bad like Raccoon city.
>>
>>323736973
More costumes.
>>
>>323740142
Is your argument that they're scary because of the control scheme? Because that's what we're talking about here, control schemes.

No, Revelations isn't a return to RE horror roots, but it is certainly the closest we've gotten in over a decade.
>>
>>323740293
Accept maybe the millions of re fans who don't have autism and enjoyed 4
>>
Why all the hate for Revelations? Those games were pretty damn good in thier own right and the best new entries to the series since 4
>>
>>323740453
>Is your argument that they're scary because of the control scheme? Because that's what we're talking about here, control schemes.

Control schemes. Camera angles.

There's nothing scarier to me than in REmake than not knowing what's around the corner.

Resident Evil was good because it removed player agency. RE4 and beyond are not as good because they give you a TON of player agency. (Like upgrading your weapons, complex inventory management, etc)
>>
>>323740534
>Accept maybe the millions of re fans who don't have autism and enjoyed 4

And they somehow can't enjoy RE5, RE6, Revelations or Revelations 2.

RE4fags are worse than Sonic fags that go "only Sonic Adventure 2 is the best 3D Sonic!". Nothing satisfies you retards.
>>
>>323740534
4 was my first RE and I think each game should have its own qualities. Stop trying to make RE2 like 4/5/6 when it was never designed to be that way. You have endless amounts of sequel space to develop those newer mechanics. Leave RE2 as is and give it the same respect 1 got.
>>
>>323740375
>>323739857
>>323740546

>Revelations

You cunts can get the fuck out of here with that

What a pile of shit game

>Return to Survival Horror
My first duty is being on a fucking beach using a fucking Tricorder from star trek to look at blobs on a beach

>generic Over the top villains again
its like everything after and including 4 capcom became selfaware that they were doing b-movie characters and everything became silly as fuck
>i killed a species of wolf with chris
>horror

Please.
>>
>>323740891
Literally no-one said it was a return to Survival Horror so pay attenton before you start mouthing off dumbass.
>>
>>323740891
Learn to read pleb. I said I hated Revelation pleb.
>>
File: maximum discardment.gif (153 KB, 255x224) Image search: [Google]
maximum discardment.gif
153 KB, 255x224
>>323736820
>I just want an RE2 remake with RE4's camera.
>>
ITS NOT EVEN CLOSE
>>
>>323741129
>Literally no-one said it was a return to Survival Horror

That's funny because every reviewer jerk off and even 4chan at the time were saying how it was such a "return to survival horror for the series"

I didn't have a 3DS at the time so I didn't play it, but when it was ported to PC and I pirated it I had a huge fucking laugh.

>That turret section with the hunters
>>
>>323741129
>LITERALLY
>>
>>323740756
You clearly aren't the anon I was arguing with. 2 is my favorite game in the series and I don't think adding a mechanic some what similar to remakes counter system is bad. So when you say that remake 2 should get the same respect as remake 1 then you agree with essentially agree with me
>>
>>323741181
i really hope he has a fatal accident
>>
>>323741330
Im just saying dont brute force mechanics in that will break the game, thats exactly what happened with Twin Snakes
>>
>>323740891
If they're going to use returning characters with the current RE setting, there really isn't much else that they can do. You really believe there's going to be some smalltime village outbreak and Chris or Leon is going to be there without a full military arsenal?

I'm all down for games in the series starring new, inexperienced characters without military-grade loadouts and small-scale plots, but Chris and Jill in Revelations were already top tier BSAA warriors during that game. Of course it's going to be action-oriented.

Revelations 2 actually took a better approach to the atmosphere and setting, but the combat (punch the dazed zombies, grenade materials everywhere, 3 gun loadout, co-op partner instakills on knockdown) made you feel to invincible for it to be scary.

If those combat aspects were removed, I believe Rev2 could've been a great first step towards making the games scary again. Besides, RE has always had cheesy villains. You think Birkin or Wesker weren't cheesy as fuck?
>>
>>323738227
I thought the camp was absolutely perfect actually. It was a nice contrast between the more serious gameplay and the wacky supervillain plot.
>>
>>323740006
>Do people really complain about game controls?
Like you wouldn't believe. It seems to get worse and worse each year; it seems that if it does not use the now-standardized Halo or AssCreed control scheme, or just isn't in 1st person / shoulder-shooter 3rd person view, kids lose their cool and give up in mere seconds.

Which is fucking annoying, since I've seen some perfectly fine adults with no prior experience with PS1-era survival horror games to pick up and learn the basic maneuvers in a few minutes. Usually 15-30 mins into them, they were already fighting or running from enemies without much issues.

I bet it just comes as a surprise to some people nowadays that still not too long ago, almost all the games could have very unique controls and mechanics.
>>
>>323741452
>Birkin or Wesker weren't cheesy as fuck?
yeah they were, also they were good.

The dwarf and the autistic cunt from re5 was too far. i cant even remember what the guy looked like in revelations and i repressed re6

>>323741452
>there really isn't much else that they can do. You really believe there's going to be some smalltime village outbreak and Chris or Leon is going to be there without a full military arsenal?

I don't know. I dont get paid for writing plot ideas on 4chan but the clowns at capcom could come up with something
>>
>>323741452
>>Birkin or Wesker weren't cheesy as fuck?

Wesker, sure. Birkin? No. He was just an average scientist guy. Resident Evil needed more people like him, and less people like Ashford.
>>
Should I pull the trigger and buy the RE HD combo pack on amazon or wait for the sale?
>>
>>323741452
>but Chris and Jill in Revelations were already top tier BSAA warriors during that game.

Except Chris and Jill in RE1 were already experienced soldiers/police officers before joining STARS, an elite group.

Yet they were still human and were susceptible to death.
>>
>>323741874
I had an idea a while back that I fancied that one of the characters was in a bad plane wreck, lost all his equipment in the arctic or some shit, got pretty injured. Had to survive in a harsh climate scavenging for herbs and tools to fight whatever the fuck they come up with this time, I think I watched The Thing beforehand so I was totally thinking up some Kurt Russel shit.

Anyway, that's about the only way I can imagine Chris being vulnerable to these monsters anymore. Wounded, shipwrecked, with no escape or communication to any of his homies.
>>
>>323742191
You mean they just lacked experience fighting zombies and mutants.

By now they're pretty much interns at Dante's joint.
>>
>>323742226
Would love a "The Thing"
>>
>>323742302
So maybe it's time to retire characters? Resident Evil should be about average people/humans. Not super hero anime bullet dodging living QTEs.
>>
>>323742352
>>323742226
Scenario *
>>
>>323742302
>By now they're pretty much interns at Dante's joint.
DMC X RE when?

>Inb4 PXZ
>>
>>323742412
It is that time, but the newer promising characters are just sidelined or killed off (RE6 is fucking criminal for this)

I still think we can get one more good game from Leon though.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS8UG5avw2M

Simpler Times, Simpler controls. Best game and this ending is pretty amazing
>>
>>323740375
>I believe revelation is the worst in the series and the gameplay is awful.
You have shit taste. Revelations has the best gameplay in the series. Tight controls and tons of movement mechanics.

>>323740546
>Why all the hate for Revelations? Those games were pretty damn good in thier own right and the best new entries to the series since 4
Edgy contrarians.

>>323740891
Revelations is miles better than 6 and ORC. Arguably on par with RE5.

>>323741140
>hated Revelations
>calls others plebs
A hearty laugh.
>>
>>323743298
>This particular blend of shit is better than this shit
>>
>>323736563

RE0 is a lame ass fucking game. It was lame in 2003 and it's lame now.
>>
>playing the second shitty RE thread under Mikami's reign

No thank you.
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.