[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /v/ think of Uncharted?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 1280x720
What does /v/ think of Uncharted?
>>
Generic trash worshiped by people who've never played a good TPS in their lives.
>>
I very much like the story and characters and am very excited to see how they wrap it all up.
>>
>>323716972
UC1 is Mediocre
UC2 is a good game
UC3 is passable
>>
gay
>>
>>323716972
Dude Raider
>>
It's fun. Doesn't really do anything new, but it's really great and is the correct way to implement the idea of "cinematic" into a video game, especially with Uncharted 2. You feel like you play an Action movie.

So yeah. It's pretty good. Not the best at anything, not the worst at anything, just pretty good.

Multiplayers pretty fun too.
>>
>>323716972
Great games, 2 is overrated tho.
>>
>>323716972
Movie trash
>>
>>323718089
Overrated in general? Yeah. But I think it is the best game of the series, if that's what you're getting at.
>>
The Uncharted games are basically piss easy adventure sims that are held together by the fact that they are pretty much summer blockbusters.

I like Nathen as a character even if he's like a anti (anti) hero.

I bouguy the collection and kinda knew what I was getting into but

>you can't run unless the game makes you.
* I hate that Naughty Dog does this
>only 2 weapons at a time
>if a cut scene happens that makes you drop your gear you can't get it back
>piss poor climbing mechanics
>bullet sponge enemies
>shit bad guys and shit boss battles
>qte's

But oddly enough I still find the cover shooting fun and the action can still be great.

Also the second one has amazing action set pieces.

I do like how 4 feels though. It truly feels like the room the best of the first 3 and did and even better job. Gameplay feels so much tighter.

Also Chloe is best grill
>>
Fun, and then I never play it again.

I'd play a Sully game tho
>>
>>323718412
the capsizing ship in 3 outdid everything in 2
>>
>>323716972
Tomb raider ripoff
>>
>>323716972
2/3 were decent games. That comercial was trash
>>
I don't think much about it. The series has no appeal to me I guess.
>>
>>323717603
Nathan dies
>>
>>323717523
I seriously don't know what a good TPS is. Name one
>>
>>323719804
But what if he doesn't?
>>
>>323719243
A Sully prequel that is narrated (I.e over exaggerated) by current Sully as a story at a bar would be a 10/10 concept.

Like Call of Jaurez: Gunslinger but set in 70s Latin America and make it full of super cheesy B-movie techniques (to parody Regular Uncharted's "cinematic" style) quick zoom character intros, wacky cuts and over the top music.
>>
>>323719826
THE COLETRAIN RUNS ON WHOLE WHEAT, BABY! WHOO!
>>
>>323717923
I want to raid that dude, if you know what I mean
>>
File: Untitled.png (239 KB, 801x887) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
239 KB, 801x887
>>323716972

>not checking the catalog before posting
>>
>>323719826
Max Payne 1-3.
>>
>>323720078
>Queers of War
>Good TPS
>>
>>323720193
Maybe 3 but 1 and 2 completely lack the mechanics of a proper TPS.
>>
>>323719826
uncharted
>>
>>323720216
It is good you fucking fag. Just because you don't like muscle men or ultra violence does not mean its bad. Grow some balls and play shit for fun, not because you get shit on at school for being such a weenie.
>>
>>323720489
>It's fun, therefore it isn't shit

I assume you think all generic AAA trash is good as well.
>>
>>323720489
It's a very simple TPS though. It doesn't even feel that good to shoot in.

Its best feature is probably the active reload and that's it
>>
I like it
>>
boring trash
>>
>>323720079

Isn't that gay?
>>
it's literally a standard hollywood action flick adapted as a corridor shooter

most things that aren't shooting are scripted and cinematic
>>
Uncharted 2 at least is quite good. It's not quite on par with something like Max Payne, but it has some of the best level design in the genre.
>>
>>323719961

holy fuck what a good idea
>>
>>323720680
>Fun games aren't good
/v/ everyone!
>>
>>323719961
That sounds like a rad idea for DLC.
>>
>>323721138
Yes, and?
>>
>>323716972
It's a dumb Indiana Jones knockoff, but at least it's entertaining as an Indy movie.

U1 was fine.
U2 was good but flawed.
U3 was the literal definition of "eh".

Nolan North has such a likable voice.
>>
>>323719826
Resident Evil 4
>>
>>323722784
Deadly Premonition is fun but no one would ever say it's a legitimaly good game
>>
>>323722784
>This fast food is pretty tasty, therefore it's a high quality meal.
>>
>>323716972
I've yet to play through the whole trilogy, but they're alright. Probably overrated as a whole. Good fun but way too shallow to be genuinely 'great' games.
>>
>>323719826
mgsv
>>
>>323724230
All right, I'll bite. The quality of food is arguably not only defined by its taste, but also by its nutritional value and its healthyness.

The quality of a game is defined by its entertainment value ("fun") and...?
>>
>>323722968
It would be nice as stand alone dlc like blood dragon
>>
>>323724784
polish
>>
File: 30fps.jpg (60 KB, 653x595) Image search: [Google]
30fps.jpg
60 KB, 653x595
>>323716972
Greatest action game in vidya history. Sony always wins.
>>
>>323716972
I really like it and am very much looking forward to Uncharted 4.

I can understand why it's not everyone's cup of tea though.
>>
Unchartred is your typical action movie but in videogame form. Is generic, cheesy, predictable, yet fun. 2 was great, 3 was alright (even if I prefer it over 2) and 1 was eh alright.

Hopefully 4 ends well and not like Indiana Jones.
>>
>>323719826
Vanquish
>>
>>323716972
Every subway sandwich tastes exactly the same.
>>
>>323716972
Pretty good series tbqh senpai. I think they do a really good job of combining the intrigue of the stories with history and exploration. Graphics are pretty good, gun play is a little rough around the edges but cool shit happens now and then. Platforming and puzzles aren't bad. It definitely has its moments where you're like HOLY SHIT. But then it's got retarded shit like
>find hidden entrance to temple
>go through all these traps and tight spots
>discover the secret
>SUDDENLY ENEMIES EVERYWHERE

Like how the fuck did they get there?

Probably not a day 1 purchase but definitely around $30-40 will buy
>>
I honestly appreciated the series more recently after noticing that it had more gameplay aspects than Last of Us
>>
>>323720216
It's the definitive cover shooter for a reason, buddy, now lose the attitude before you lose some teeth.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.