[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://youtu.be/qCMtM9RkoMg stuff got leaked earlier so they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: div.jpg (884 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
div.jpg
884 KB, 1920x1080
https://youtu.be/qCMtM9RkoMg

stuff got leaked earlier so they released a trailer.

looks decent I guess.
>>
how will ubisoft fuck this one up
>>
>>323704269
Played the alpha, it isnt.

It's like destiny but somehow worse.
>>
File: mike-green-cat1.jpg (67 KB, 607x547) Image search: [Google]
mike-green-cat1.jpg
67 KB, 607x547
I'm really interested, but I can't help but be worried.

I like the idea of building up this safe house hub, but it also seems like its multiplayer focused? I know Co-op is huge, but I don't want another Destiny/Warframe.
>>
what are some games like rainbow six, but better?
>>
>>323704871
Elaborate?
>>
>>323704879

you're getting a post apocalyptic destiny warframe mash up, with Tom Clancy's branding.

If that's not what you're into, don't get it.

I didn't get into either Destiny or Warframe early enough to be worn out by that style of game, so I'll get it.

I am worried that I'm going to become bitter at paying that much for very little content ( like people were with first version of destiny ).
>>
File: 1318504611355.jpg (61 KB, 430x429) Image search: [Google]
1318504611355.jpg
61 KB, 430x429
>>323704871
>Played the alpha
>alpha
>>
>>323706136
played the destiny alpha

plaued taken king too

nothing has fucking changed
>>
>>323706136
>Ubisoft game
>thinking that the full game will be any different from the alpha other than minor changes

the same exact thing happened with rainbow six siege
>>
>>323704871
it was alpha
we will see when beta arrives which should be this month
>>
>>323706136
Look, it's 2016. If, at this point in time, you still believe that alphas aren't indicative of a final product, you really need to take your head out of the sand.
>>
>>323706265
>the same exact thing happened with rainbow six siege
But that isn't true, the first beta was completely different from the alpha with a ton of changes. The second beta improved over the first one and now the full release with three patches is even more of an improvement.

And before you come out with more shit I actually own and play Siege and was in the Alpha as well as both betas.
>>
if you can't bring yourself to throw away $60 in the name of , hopefully,at least 20 hours of entertainment.

Don't get this game.
Don't get any game on release day, ever.
>>
File: 2015-08-26_00014.jpg (261 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-08-26_00014.jpg
261 KB, 1920x1080
I kinda want to get this game but it seems like it'd get real samey. How does the PVP work? And how much of an open world is the game? Is it a collection of a bunch of instances or it is legit giant open world?
>>
>linear co-op scripfest with shitty social features
>not open-world with an emphasis on pvp and rogue-like elements
Will be dead on arrival just like Siege.
>>
>>323706690
>paying full price

http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/tom-clancy-s-the-division-pc-cd-key-uplay
>>
>>323706760
>Will be dead on arrival just like Siege.
Here is your (you)
>>
>>323706516
>But that isn't true, the first beta was completely different from the alpha with a ton of changes. The second beta improved over the first one
Neither of those are true.
Especially things like netcode, matchmaking (which wasn't fixed until the actual game released), shit maps, etc.
Not to mention, the game actually ran worse in the second beta than it did in alpha and first beta despite looking exactly the same.
>>
I'd rather just play Destiny
>>
>>323705867
>Warframe
>You've played: 910 hours
>Last played: Yesterday

So I should get the Division, then.
>>
>>323704696
Since its always online, the servers could be super fucked constantly.
>>323704871
Can't be worse than 2 minute long load screens every time you want to turn a bounty or advance to the next stage of a quest.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (233 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
233 KB, 1280x720
>>323704269
ive said it before and ill say it again

this is the only thing that ubisoft is working on worth any merit
the only thing i was and still am excited for, from e3.
but maybe im a faggot
>>
>>323709863
>maybe
>>
>>323709863
Depends what you expect of it.
>>
>>323706760
but it is open world
and the Dark Zone is like a third of Manhattan. Takes up such a big area that people might go through it to save time unless the game has some fast travel system
>>
>>323710426
>but it is open world
Yes, "open world."
Even when we watched an anon streaming the game he ran into quite a few invisible walls.
And not "this is locked off in the alpha" invisible walls, but "you can't reach this area because your jump button is 100% contextual, go this other extremely long and cumbersome, yet still somehow horribly linear way instead."
>>
>/v/ is hype for a game
>Always turns out to be shit
>/v/ is not hype for this
Things are looking up anons
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.