[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I get this game? Haven't played much of EO or MD,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: 91jOtC43JdL._SL1500_.jpg (525 KB, 1500x1313) Image search: [Google]
91jOtC43JdL._SL1500_.jpg
525 KB, 1500x1313
Should I get this game? Haven't played much of EO or MD, but I'm looking for something new.
>>
File: REEEEEE.jpg (21 KB, 640x619) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEE.jpg
21 KB, 640x619
Mystery dungeon games are trash.
>>
No. The biggest problem in the game is that 3 of your 4 party members are controlled by the AI by default, and the AI is ridiculously bad to the point where it almost seems like it's trying to kill itself on purpose. It's more important to play and design your team in a way that the AI won't fuck you up over anything else.
>>
>>323705464
Damn I heard there were issues with the AI but I didn't know it was that bad. Why didn't they patch it? seems odd.
>>
>>323705604
The thing is that the AI for your team mates is the same as the AI for monsters. They were probably just too lazy to change it. Several issues include:

1. Spamming skills like crazy, making them run out of TP instantly
2. Having no idea of when skills are actually helpful or not (Ex. Trying to spam poison skills on a poison enemy who's almost dead)
3. Having a "Vision" range of 1 block in hallways (Ranged allies will not help you fight enemies unless if they're right next to them.)
4. Being totally retarded and running in random directions when they lose track of you, making them split up and die. (Combine this with point 3 and it's awful)
5. Support/ranged based allies absolutely refuse to step on spaces next to a monster if they're not next to it already (Causing them to get stuck frequently)
>>
>>323703284
As an Etrian fan I enjoyed it. Hadn't played mystery dungeon games before this one. >>323705604 and >>323706314 are spot on about the AI annoyances though, and desu, from what I've heard, the new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game is superior to it in every way.

If what you like about it is the art style, play Etrian IV. It's a much better game in all respects, and you'll get the same excellent art and music.
>>
Where are the lolis?
>>
>>323706314
Can't 4 be changed in the settings? I remember having the option to pick what member's behavior, sticking to the leader, wandering around and picking stuff up in a GBA MD game.

The rest of your points sound terrible though, put me off the game completely
>>
File: desu.jpg (12 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
desu.jpg
12 KB, 320x240
>>323706726
What caused this
desu from what I've heard
>>
Do people here prefer the older style of EO music or the newer?
I just can't get into the newer stuff aside from IV, I'm assuming because it's original.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.