[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I play the original Cave Story or the 3D version? Why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (81 KB, 605x1321) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
81 KB, 605x1321
Should I play the original Cave Story or the 3D version? Why?
>>
Original is free.
>>
Original is what everyone played.
>>
>>323703397
I've managed to run CFW on my 3DS so the price is not a factor.
>>
>>323703716
>>323703716
don't play the 3d version with the ugly models then
>>
>>323703845
Okay, so I guess i'll play the original then.
I've been hearing a lot about how awesome the game is, hope /v/ is right for once.
>>
recently played the 3DS version

>characters look like 3D lemmings
>animations for simple things are laughably bad
>hitboxes are iffy and not as reliable as a sprite's
>only music option is cave story+'s "remastered" version which doesn't have half the charm or fidelity
>environments don't look that much better
>"loading" pops up whenver you change screens
>can be somewhat disorienting
>paid

Just go with either the original or cave story + (which is also the eShop version, not cave story 3D)
>>
Play original, then when you love the game, play 3D.
>>
>>323704087
I don't even think it's that special. It's just simple and charming, plus back when it was released it was still very uncommon to see a professional looking game made by a single person.
>>
File: Cave_story_monster_x.gif (9 KB, 419x265) Image search: [Google]
Cave_story_monster_x.gif
9 KB, 419x265
>>323703162
Cave Story thread?

Fuck this guy on hard mode, and fuck the segment before reaching him too
>>
>>323704468
why not just cheese him with the sword?
>>
>>323703162
Original one in my opinion. It's fun and free. Also is that picture only censored? I looked on Google and couldn't find an uncensored version
>>
>>323704468
3DS version makes dodging shit incredibly difficult, especially directly before the fight with him. Mix this with OHKO and getting past him is a bitch.

I have probably died 100 times trying to wipe out that cave before hand, but have only really fought him 4 times.

Also OP, get the PC version.
>>
>>323705456

Meant for
>>323704745
>>
>>323704772
try other image searches
>>
>>323705779
I found it already
The watermark is annoying though
>>
>>323706036
yeah.

it is.
>>
>>323703162
Play it for free, then buy it later because Pixel is one of the few indie devs that deserves a lot of money. He really put his love into Cave Story.
>>
>>323706424
Pixel only got paid from the initial sale of the game rights over to Nicalis. He doesn't get a cent from people buying any of the ports or remakes.
>>
>>323704468
iirc this was the first big challenge on hard mode. it only got worse at core, though sword was cool for both i guess
Never played the 3d version, just played the old one on 3dsware and definitely had no issues. depends whether you prefer pixels or not
>>
>>323703162
Original or plus
Stay away from 3D and the wiiware version
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.