[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Mario, Sonic, Pac-Man, Mega Man, Ryu, Cloud, and Bayonetta
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6
File: 1448296399087.png (961 KB, 1189x598) Image search: [Google]
1448296399087.png
961 KB, 1189x598
>Mario, Sonic, Pac-Man, Mega Man, Ryu, Cloud, and Bayonetta all in the same game
>on top of everything else the game has
How can one game be so based? How does this game not have one of the best rosters in Smash, if not fighting game, history?
>>
>>323682549
Forgot to add, the only thing we're really missing is Snake, in terms of characters with sheer recognizably, as well as characters with fun movesets. Ice Climbers too I guess?
>>
It should have had Banjo as well
>>
>>323682549
too bad the gameplay is trash and the online code sucks balls. ill wait and see if they get it right in the next smash game, but I somehow doubt it
>>
Whether you like the gameplay or not, you can't deny that it has one of, if not the best roster in video game history.
>>
>>323683636
Gameplay is great. Second best in the series. It could be better than it is, but it's still a highly enjoyable game.

Netcode could be much better than it is but it doesn't hurt the game in any substantial way either.
>>
>>323683936
this 100%
anyone who disagrees is a butthurt fag who voted for some d-list character
>>
>>323683636

Online works fine for me unless some BR or whatever with shit internet joins a game, and that'll tank any fighting game netcode.
>>
I'd still kill for Simon Belmont.
>>
>>323682549
>fighting game, history.

Stopped reading there.
>>
A bunch of unrelated popular characters jammed together does not make a good fighting game roster.
>>
>>323686265

But they're all related. They're all video game characters, dummy.
>>
>>323686265
They also all have varied, interesting movesets.
Except Sonic. His moveset isn't interesting.
>>
File: teeeeheeheeeeeeeeeeee.png (11 KB, 315x318) Image search: [Google]
teeeeheeheeeeeeeeeeee.png
11 KB, 315x318
>>323685989
Just how many are you willing to kill?
>>
>>323686046
you added
>, history
just to be le epic
>>
>bayonetta in the same catergory as the others

Also, the game is bang average. I haven't touched it in months.
>>
>>323686046
>>323686598
You realize that makes grammatical sense, right?

I mean, it could work either way, with or without the comma.
>>
It's good, but I'm not a fan of the Sakurai bias
>>
>>323687439
I wasn't criticizing his grammar though.
>>
>>323682549
HAHA HOLY SHIT

HOW FUCKING SALTY DO YOU HAVE TO BE TO INCLUDE SNAKE INSTEAD OF BAYONETTA

HOLY FUCK MGSFAGS ARE THE FUCKING WORST
>>
>>323688682
How would that be 'le epic' then?

I forgot, everything on /v/ is 'ebin', 'edgy,' or a meme.

>>323688802
Wasn't that image made before Bayonetta was confirmed? I'm pretty sure it was, dude. Chill.
>>
>>323685056
Melee > 64 > 4 > Brawl
>>
>>323688802
I've seen that fanart floating around since before the DLC even began. Going by Cloud having a generic Smash emblem rather than the FF emblem, I'm guessing that this iteration was from right after he was announced, and that the artist will probably get around to adding Bayonetta and Corn soon (if they haven't already).
>>
File: 1405026211257.jpg (14 KB, 252x250) Image search: [Google]
1405026211257.jpg
14 KB, 252x250
>>323688901
Every fucking time. At least it took more than 3 posts.

Answer me this one question, and PLEASE answer sincerely: WHY do you ALWAYS have to fling shit at people who don't like Melee? People have different tastes than you, I hope you realize that.
>>
File: smash 4 ledges.png (171 KB, 446x572) Image search: [Google]
smash 4 ledges.png
171 KB, 446x572
it does have a great roster but the gameplay is sadly shit and feels bland as fuck compared to other games in series
>>
>>323691129
>he can't 2 frame
LOL 2 FRAME
>>
>>323691391
too bad the only 2 characters that matter have unpredictable recoveries that pretty much no character can edgeguard consistently
>>
>>323692004
You can edgeguard every character except Sheik.
Sheik has no weaknesses.
>>
my only complaint about the roster is
>Anime swordsmen
And even that I can understand because Fire Emblem is literally becoming the next biggest thing in Nintendo (at least in Japan). Although they could at least add FE characters that don't use swords.
>>
>>323690514
I don't have a problem with people who don't like melee.

I have a problem with people who like Smash 4. Big difference.

Here's my rational:

Competitive play
SMASH 64
>Old, janky, but still viable
>Stable metagame
>Shares more in common with real fighting games

MELEE
>Most depth of the 4
>Most fun of the 4 if you're good enough to play at a high level
>Deep enough that we still see new changes in the meta from time to time

BRAWL
>Broke as fuck
>Turtle Vs. Turtle
>Boring
>Unbalanced as shit, with only a few viable characters if you actually care about winning
>Needs bans to even get close to a healthy meta

SMASH 4
>Boring
>Constant patching doesn't allow for stable metagame
>Turtle Vs. Turtle 2: The rematch
>What passes for skill in Smash 4 is considered braindead shit by anyone who plays real fighting games
>Worst stage selection in the series, bar none
>At least it's somewhat balanced, miright :^)

Casual Play:
SMASH 64
>Old, kinda boring
>Limited content
>Gameplay isn't all that smooth
>Small, but good selection of stages

MELEE
>Best adventure mode
>Best stages
>Actual gameplay is exciting, and fast paced
>Items aren't too powerful, but not too weak either

BRAWL
>FULL BLOWN SINGLE PLAYER MODE
>Most single player content inany smash game
>Most modes in general
>Gameplay is a little more wacky than Melee, but still decent
>Stages aren't as good, but still decent

SMASH 4
>Boring as hell, because killing people without items takes forever
>Items are generally unfun and overpowered as shit in this game
>Stages are shitty as fuck for the most part, with constant shit being thrown at you
>Omega stages also suck, too boring
>New moves for people who can't play video games added like jab strings and hard to punish dodge rolls make the game more frustrating and less fun than ever before
>Single player modes are the worst since Smash 64
>AT LEAST WE GOT THE EBIN ROSTER RIGHT :^)
>>
>>323693295
>Worst stage selection in the series, bar none
>64's stage list is literally just Dreamland
>>
>>323682549
>two Capcom
>two Sega, one of which is made by former Capcom employees
>Developer Namco only gets one
>Cloud's artist didn't even want to be there

Yep, Smash is diverse alright.
>>
>>323693295
>>Turtle Vs. Turtle 2: The rematch
This isn't even really true. Maybe if you're playing against people who suck in FG, but upper level play is actually favors offense and games can actually be quite fast. Quit playing against people who suck.
>>
>>323685989
I'd kill for Simon Belmont's Smash reel to have some banter with Bayonetta.
>>
>>323688897
I'm gonna go on a whim, but I'm guessing the fervor is targeting the part about calling Smash a fighting game.

>inb4ryu
>>
>>323693295
>worst stage selection
Right... I sure do love playing FD in melee all the time...
>>
>>323694159
>>two Capcom
Get used to it, cuz I could easily see more Capcom reps coming for Smash 5.

>>two Sega, one of which is made by former Capcom employees
Deal with it.

>>Developer Namco only gets one
Who the fuck else could they put in? Klonoa if he were popular enough maybe and Heihachi, MAYBE. That's about it really. Please tell me you're not one of those fags who wanted Lloyd Irving and actually thought he had a chance.

>>Cloud's artist didn't even want to be there
Is that even true?

About the only thing Smash needed was more Western representation. Could've used Dark Samus, if not Ridley as well, one or two new DK characters, and Western third-parties, like Rayman at the very least.
>>
File: 1394911293778.jpg (65 KB, 288x336) Image search: [Google]
1394911293778.jpg
65 KB, 288x336
>>323694635
>Ridley
>Western
>>
>>323694635
>About the only thing Smash needed was more Western representation.

It took until Brawl for Diddy to get in and Japan exploded with anger and indifference over Little Mac. Typical Japanese arrogance and xenophobia means we'll be extremely lucky if any more Western material at all gets into Smash 5.
>>
Any f-zero characters/levels? Still get shivers when I listen to the Mute City song from melee
>>
>>323694883
Is this bait?
>>
>>323695146
Only Port Town is back.
There's the SNES styled mute city in 3ds. It's decent.

tfw port town doesnt have a port town song
>>
How smash 4 would have been much better.

1. No handheld version
2. No Smash Tour
3. An expanded version of Melee's Adventure Mode
4. Conservation of ground-to-air momentum
5. Make the physics closer to Melee's while retaining some of Brawl's
6. Keep everyone from Brawl and bring back everyone from Melee, with Pichu getting the same retool Roy did and Young Link getting his transformation masks from Majora's Mask to alter his gameplay style similar to Pokemon Trainer's mechanic
7. More villains
8. Bring back Break the Targets, Board the Platforms, and Race to the Finish
9. Retool the Custom Move gimmick so that more of them are actual moves form the characters' franchises and not the same move with elemental/flinching/more distance differences
>>
>>323682549
With Snake and Ice Climbers it would have been perfect. Also better hitboxes, smaller blast zones, and heavy buffs for half the roster.
>>
>>323693295
Smash 4 is automatically the best multiplayer because 8 player smash is a thing.
>>
>>323689427
>>323688897
>>323688802
>>
>>323693295
>jab strings I'm sm4sh
Finally I see this brought up as a negative. Nearly every jab in the game is a press one button to unleash twenty hits type of attack and all but a few feel like they have no weight on them
>>
>>323683936
>Whether you like the gameplay or not, you can't deny that it has one of, if not the best roster in video game history.

Since when were crossover rosters original or worth praise?
>>
>>323697342
He said nothing about original, he said it's the best. Something can be awesome without being 100% totally unique and different from everything else.
>>
Missing snake, ice climbers, simon, bomberman and rayman.
>>
>>323693295

stage design is the Smash series weakest point, every game has a fuckton of stages nobody wants to play

id kill for the next smash to just trim the fat bullshit like trophies/smash tour/master pieces/most of the stadium minigames/large adventure mode and just focus on making the base multiplayer components like stage design and online options + functionality as good as possible

my favorite thing about Smash 4 is how literally nobody likes boss characters, and my casual friends hate them even more than my Smash-seasoned friends. No one thinks they're a good idea but Sakurai but Nintendos adamantium-strength auteur culture means one guy is granted the word of God
>>
>>323693295
>constant patching doesn't allow for stable metagame

So basically:
>I don't pay attention to what the patches even do, but I am going to assume they don't make the game any better.

Allow me to inform you, they make the game better.

Your hatred is expired, outdated, and uninformed.

Its on par with how you feel when people call Melee movement options "glitches"
>>
>>323694938

maybe they warmed up to him

nobody knew who Marth was when Melee released and he quickly rose to a fan favorite

also, how did they react to Duck Hunt? Sakurai cited how Duck Hunt's bundling with the NES in the US gave the character(s) notoriety abroad despite being niche as hell in Japan
>>
>>323698041
>every game has a fuckton of stages nobody wants to play

Define "nobody". I like all of the crazy wacky stages, the ones that tourneyfags praise I find boring and bland. It seems like what people want is just Street Fighter-like stages with Nintendo themes.
>>
>>323698623
I think Nobody was clearly a hyperbole, but there's obviously gonna be some stages that are less popular. To this day I've never heard of anyone who's liked Icicle Mountain or 75m.
Sure they exist, but there's likely very few of them.

Also, it's not black and white. You can dislike 75m but still like Gamer. You can dislike Palu's Temple but still like Pirate Ship. You can dislike Brinstar Depths but still like Pokefloats.
>>
>>323698623

crazy stages can be fun is designed well like PokeFloats/BigBlue/ShadowMoses/Halberd/Luigis Mansion/Midgar

shit like stage bosses and screen-scrollers like Icicle Mountain suck, or ones with too much fuckery like orbital gate assault
>>
>>323699069
Icicle Mountain is the only bad scrolling stage because of the randomness of the movement and speed changes. All other scrolling stages bar Rumble Falls move at a set pace which should be easy for people to work with, and Rumble Falls tells you when it's going to speed up.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.