[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are tanks such faggots?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 12
File: WoWScrnShot_072615_030605.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_072615_030605.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>be me
>doing dungeon in WoW
>tank taking forever between pulls
>try helping this mentally handicapped shit by pulling mobs for him
>"stop pull, im tank, not u"
>tell him to hurry the fuck up
>he just sits there and does nothing like a spiteful little bitch
>pull another trash pack
>"lol u pull it u tank it"
>he continues sitting there while the rest of us handle it
>suddenly i get kicked

this is what happens when you give any sort of authority to autistic retards.
>>
Sounds like you were also impatient which just slowed the situation down even more. Should have just left if you felt the dungeon wasn't going anywhere.

Also:

>Playing WoW
>>
>>323682050
no
>>
Just play as a tank if you're gonna be that autistic.
>>
>>323682346
no
>>
Best feeling is when you're queuing with the healer as a tank. You wanna be an impatient little shit, you do it without healing or tanking.
>>
>>323682245
>>323682814
what a little brat
get fucked
>>
>>323681738
>Playing WoW
>>
>>323684889
no
>>
>>323684986
implying this isn't an issue in every mmorpg
>>
Well, I haven't played Wow in years, but Tanks have always been dicks, especially in pug raids, because they know
1- They have almost non existent search times to find groups. So even if they are dicks and get kicked, they can just join another instance immediately
2-The instance cannot progress without the tank, so the tank can basically hold the whole group hostage if he so chooses, because a)the DPS doesn't want to have to reque for another long wait b) see 1. Dunno if this has changed much or not. But tanks are always pompous.
>>
>>323685480
>playing mmo's
>>
>>323681738
>Modern MMO players are SO fucking stupid, they believe Pulling should be done by the Tank

I remember playing as a hunter and the slow change in mentality. Back in the day, tanks would insist you pull with a dropped freezing trap or feign death splits.

Now they're just fucking retarded.
>>
>>323681738
You broke rule 1 of running instances faggot, the tank pulls, the DPS doesn't, if you don't like the pace, go que for another group.
>>
>>be me

Consider suicide.
>>
>>323681738
>being an impatient faggot
>trying to do someone else's job for them

Gee, I wonder why you were kicked.
>>
>>323682050
>Should have
Today was a good day, thanks for not raping the english language.
>>
I like how >>323685662 is the kind of retard >>323685653 is talking about
>>
>not playing tank yourself
you asked for this to happen
>>
>>323685653
>play mage
>pull with polymorph and rank 1 frostbolt
>tank and healer think you are God's Gift to Men
>>
File: 6326218.png (7 KB, 389x255) Image search: [Google]
6326218.png
7 KB, 389x255
>>323681738
>Tank waits for the casters to get full mana between every pull
>>
File: 1451724520150.jpg (82 KB, 362x263) Image search: [Google]
1451724520150.jpg
82 KB, 362x263
>>323685763
Nigger we aren't talking about raids here, we are talking about a simple dungeon, and obviously a pug dungeon, of an unknown level. It is always simpler to just let the classes do their jobs rather then just let people do whatever they want and let the tank and healer clean up the mess.
>Being this retarded

I'm starting to understand why you got kicked.
>>
>>323685930
More like
>tank charges polymorphed target
or better yet
>DPS aoe breaks all CCs
>>
>>323686032
luckily, you haven't had to worry about CC since BC
>>
>>323681738
>doing 5-man dungeon
>be tank
>pulling big group
>keep myself a live for a few secs but ultimately wipe because healer wasn't healing
>"healer what the fuck are you doing?"
>"oh sorry my gf jumped on me :)"

DON'T PLAY THE MOST VITAL ROLE IF YOU CAN'T KEEP YOUR DAMN ROASTIE IN LINE OF FUCKING NORMANFAG CUKKS

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
this is why you play tank or healer, if you are the tank you can pull as fast as the healer's mana lets you and if you are the healer you can pull it yourself and handle the mess
>>
>>323685480
no
>>
>>323681738
>not playing on a private 3.3.5 server with rdf turned off for authenticity
>>
>>323681738
>be me
>doing dungeon in WoW
>spaz DPS is total shit, have to keep my pulls small and slow to ensure the team isn't bulldozed
>he keeps pulling even though we're all telling him to stop
>hang back and let him get killed by his next pull
>he gets kicked
Justice is swift.

I love playing as Tank and Healer because dumb assholes do well on my team, assume it's them, piss me off, and then die quickly without my help. It's vindicating.
>>
>>323686028
>implying I'm OP

You're either 14 years old or completely fucking retarded, kiddo
>>
>>323681738

>shitty tanks

Truly undeserving of the master class.

>been tank since vanilla
>jump into dungeon
>wait for ok or ready-heal from healer
>start pulling
>chain pull since now impossible to go oom in this shit game
>adjust my pulls and pull speed accordingly to healers healing
>make sure to keep mobs off everyone with thunderclaps and banner
>finish dungeons typically within 15-20min
>bow and leave

Shame I no longer give a shit to join / create a new raid guild. I've become an LFR hero.
>>
>pug achenindoon or wtf its called
>tank goes afk after each pull for 5 mins
>high ilvl gnome lock in pimp transmog want to go faster. He obliterates everything anyway
>lock just starts pulling trash and killing it before tank is even in range
>tank gets pissy just like op "me tank, me party leader, me take me time"
>lock proceeds to solo the instance while tank just auto follows and does nothing but bitch.
>cant kick because healer is tanks irl bitchboi

Id be understandable if it were mythic and you need to not rush. But we coulda finished in 15 mins rather than 2 hours.
>>
>>323682050
>>323682346
>>323684131
>>323685662
>>323685701
>>323686028
>>323686332
>i'm okay with a slow ass tank taking all day to do an easy facerollable dungeon

holy fuck casuals go back to reddit please
>>
>team has a weird composition, lots of AoE and AoE immob but not much else CC
>one faggot keeps using a power that causes enemies to scatter
>tell him to stop using it for fuck's sake or at least wait until the immob is in place
>"I play for fun, not to do autistic tactics"
That's you, OP.
>>
>>323686532
>omg ITS SUCH AN EASY DUNGEON STOP BEING IMPATIENT AND LET THE TANK DO HIS JOB OMG

literally what the fuck are they saying
>>
File: 1394913861627.jpg (3 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1394913861627.jpg
3 KB, 250x250
>>323681738

First off all, the worst most annoying thing you can do is pull mobs because the tank is going too slow. It's obnoxious, annoying, and pretty rude. You're shit for being so obnoxious.

Secondly, the tank is shit purely out of being a spiteful cunt. Being a tank doesn't make you god, and tanks who get a god-complex over their role (anyone really) deserve to be kicked and forever unguilded and outcast from the community for being shitty.
>>
File: 1422749152093.jpg (9 KB, 284x300) Image search: [Google]
1422749152093.jpg
9 KB, 284x300
>be healer
>retards fucking idiotic shitheads pull instead of the tank
>they get extra damage and eventually die because tank is a mouthbreathing retard who doesn't know what a taunt shit is
>tank overpulls and blames me for his faults
>HURR HEALER WHY ARE YOU NOT HEALING ME
>be tank
>fucking retards go inside with pets that taunt and refuse to turn it off
>they get fucking instashotted as their pet fucking dies in seconds
>healer goes oom without telling me\without me noticing and we wipe
>HURR TANK WHY ARE YOU NOT TANKING STUFF
>be dps
>fucking healer doesn't know that he\she\it\xe\whatever can use more than that fucking single-cast spell on the tank
>die because tank doesn't keep aggro
>die because healer doesn't know what aoe spells are
>die because dps don't interrupt fucking monsters
>wipe, tank and healer blame each other
>dps stay silent, or fucking blame someone else
I really hate MMO's.
>>
>>323686127
Cataclysm would like a word with you.
>>
>>323687085

For one patch.
>>
>>323687085
>pulling for the tank. These people are the worst.

Just roll a hunter if you want to pull shit for the tank. Misdirect is the funniest shit ever.
>>
>>323687339
Didn't mean to quote.
>>
File: 1436494488597.jpg (9 KB, 349x314) Image search: [Google]
1436494488597.jpg
9 KB, 349x314
>>323687339
YEAH, FUCK YOU
GOD FUCKING DAMN IT I HAVE YET TO MEET A FUCKING HUNTER WHO KNOWS WHAT MISDIRECTION IS
FUCKING SHIT PISSING ASSHOLE CUNT UP YOUR ARSE, GOD FUCKING DAMN IT I'M MAD
NO ONE EVER USES IT
GOD FUCKING DAMN IT
>>
>>323686191
Mana isn't an issue in WoW anymore unless you're in 15+ minutes arena games. I don't even know why they still have a mana bar.
>>
>>323681738
>>be me

The only faggot here is you anon.
>>
File: original.jpg (16 KB, 403x321) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
16 KB, 403x321
>>323681738
>you will never be 12 again, enjoying your carefree childhood in WoW with guild mates and friends
Things fall apart, the centre cannot hold.
>>
>>323685501
>Dunno if this has changed much or not.
Haven'T played MMOs in a few years but with the influx of retards and casuals it's probably worse than ever.
>>
>>323687449
Man back when I played I just had a macro for it with multishot. Used that shit on cooldown.
>>
>>323687689
you =\= seven trillions of hunters
>>
>"being a tank is the most important job, without me the group wouldnt be able to handle bosses!"
>"no, being a healer is the most important job, without me you'd just die to bosses!!"
>"hey guys, dps here, while both of your jobs are important, do understand that we have a symbiotic relationship, as no group would be able to progress without heals, tanks, or dps"
>"LOL FAGGOT DPS SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP LEARN YOUR PLACE YOU'RE DISPENSABLE YOU FUCKING NOBODY"

tanks and healers can fuck off together 2bh
>>
>>323681738
Same experience but in Wildstar
>any time some slow, baby tank tries to pull this shit on me
>just take over the tanking role
>watch him pitifully try to reclaim aggro
>drink his tears as he either gets pulled along by the rest of the group or inevitably leaves

Can't stand it, everyone knows the dungeon. The run should take 13 minutes tops and the tank wants to wait minutes at a time between pulls even with a fully raid-geared group. It's fucking agony
>>
>>323688247
DPS actually are unnecessary though unless there's a rage timer. They basically just speed shit up.
>>
>>323685749

You're an enormous faggot
>>
>>323689282
In a game which isn't shit a healer should run out of mana if there isn't enough good DPS.
>>
File: 1442508267383.jpg (9 KB, 250x214) Image search: [Google]
1442508267383.jpg
9 KB, 250x214
>>323681738
>Tanking in retail
>always more dps than the dps
>always moving while pulling pack like im supposed to
>healer somehow always at max range never next to me
>hunters/warlocks don't dismiss pets when i jump down ledges to skip sections
>hunters don't know how to turn off growl
>>
>>323686532
>calling people casuals when youre playing not just world of warcaft(which is alread casual), but modern world of warcraft as a dps
>>
>>323690254
do you play WoW? no? obviously not, because you'd know modern WoW is the most mechanically advanced and challenging its ever been.
>>
File: 0435 - XBLQdEG.png (68 KB, 698x659) Image search: [Google]
0435 - XBLQdEG.png
68 KB, 698x659
>>323690609
this is some good bait
>>
>>323690609
streamlined =/= advanced
>>
>>323689821
>hunters/warlocks don't dismiss pets when i jump down ledges to skip sections
>>
>playing WoW
>Two thousand Shigsteen
>>
>>323685653
I always have tanked since day one and I never fucking asked for that bullshit. Maybe every now and again on big pulls I would ask hunter to pull but they were very rare and few and far between to be doing it every dungeon.
>>
>>323681738
You couldn't have handled that situation any worse.
>>
>>323689518
You haven't ran out of mana since end Wotlk if you aren't a shitter. I remember spirit stacking on my druid when ICC still had then 20% debuff on it so I could keep mana up always. If you aren't a shitter mana hasn't been a problem in years.
>>
What's with all the WoW threads lately? Is it fun again or something?
>>
>>323692960
Right, that's because WoW is shit. Mana absolutely should be a problem.
>>
>>323681738
Jesus christ that game looks awful
>>
> bitchboi dps thinking he is allowed to have some sort of opinion or that he matters in any way shape or form in a 5 man dungeon
Tank here, you don't matter, the dungeon could easily be done without you, a replace can be found within seconds. If you don't like it, maybe you should stop playing a baby role.
>>
>>323694757
>autistic tank gets a big dick because his video game gives him the only sense of superiority he'll ever feel in his pathetic, despicable life

the world would be a better place if all you tankfags were rounded up and executed like animals
>>
>>323686532
>pulling mobs when you're not tank

if he was that bad you kick him and get a new one
>>
>>323692083

>Distant aggro noises such as HMPFHUMPFHMPF in a row
>Entering combat state
>>
>new server opens
>rolled with a tank who was a US air force dude from south korea (I was a pally)
>in instances, he would chain pull constantly
>always tread the line at 10-20% health
>bandage up once and then pull again
>other healers constantly complain
>"if you think I'm pulling too fast, then just let me die and res me later"
>clearing dungeons goes by fast as fuck

We were max level like 6 months before the rest of our guild caught up. He'd already quit the game before we got raiding but it would have been cool to see him MT that shit.
>>
>>323687030
>playing with casuals
>>
>>323681738
>try helping this mentally handicapped shit by pulling mobs for him

Tanks love that. Really speeds things up when every pull is an ass-pull. Seriously though, if you cant communicate with them just deal with it. If youre playing retail I guess the dungeons are piss easy but in vanilla or TBC the shit you pull just hampers progress even more.
>>
>>323681738
You sound like a little bitch
>>
>played since beta (quit when cata came out)
>main was a priest
>did end game raids as a healer for a bit (also shadow sometimes but mostly healer since shadow was ass for a long time)
>roll a prot warrior alt
>was able to quickly figure out how good the healer that was healing me was
>chain pull when he was good, pull as soon as his mana was topped off if he was bad
>realize how retarded most tanks are
>>
>>323697551
Below max level dungeons are so easy the tank can practically pull everything up to the next boss with no problems. Love playing with a friend or a random that will chain pull or pull everything.
>>
>not multiboxxing

its your own fault for being an autistic shitter
>>
>>323681738
I had one of those "don't pull it's my job" faggots who was a hunter in WoW and it was clear as fuck he clicked his abilities and turned with his keyboard.
>>
>>323689282

Yes if youre playing a shit game where mana is infinite.

DPS is always important as well unless you expect the tanks and healers to be CC as well.
>>
>>323696630
The wait times can be ridiculous for that though.
>>
>>323686475
>chain pull since now impossible to go oom in this shit game

Unless you're a literal retard yeah
>>
>>323681738
I've been playing tanking classes lately and all I can say that it boils down to babysitting DPS.
I know that tanking is all about awareness but DPS usually has tunnel vision and that gets annoying.
Stop attacking random enemies you fuckheads.
>>
File: dohere.gif (107 KB, 476x296) Image search: [Google]
dohere.gif
107 KB, 476x296
>mfw I'm heals and need to start pulling the tank is such a slow tard

I know exactly how squishy you are and how much I can heal your dumb ass. Stop jacking off and get the fuck on with the run.
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.