[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Bad communities Now I know fighting games already have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 179
Thread images: 28
ITT: Bad communities

Now I know fighting games already have the lowest of the low in there, but I have to say that Soul Calibur 5 has the most scummy fucks in the business.
>>
Go on.
>>
State your evidence.
>>
OP can't hant the bantz
>>
>Inb4 that one autistic fuck who posts the same reaction image every thread
>>
>>323668373
-BRs is a given
-Creation only lobbies where the owner will kick you if you dont have a CUSTOM OC CHARACTUR
-High ranks ganking low ranks and taking over rooms
-People on the ps3 actually go to the trouble to lagswitch.
-Nightmare
-People who are good with nightmare acting like they're skilled.
>>
>>323668302
I've meant to try this. How's the story?
>>
>>323668302
You clearly haven't seen the VF community
http://oneframekill.blogspot.com/2016/01/its-2016-and-unicorn-is-still-fucking.html
>>
>>323669117
The absolute worst part of the game.
>>
File: cuck.png (18 KB, 447x563) Image search: [Google]
cuck.png
18 KB, 447x563
>>323669117
God -fucking- awful.
>>
File: she sees your resolve.jpg (47 KB, 348x312) Image search: [Google]
she sees your resolve.jpg
47 KB, 348x312
>>323669117

Non-existent.
>>
>>323668302
FGC aint no mobas at least.

I'd say Blazblue is pretty fucking awful though.
>>
Not to mention the fact that there's already not a shitload of people playing this dead game.

which makes those creation only lobbies I was talking about even more autismal.

It doesn't help that you run into the same handful of sperglords using nightmare or maxi every 10 minutes
>>
>>323669160
some anon shared his experiences with VF on his trip in Japan. I didn't believe a word, but he sounded suspiciously convincing.
>>
>>323669249
>>323669326
>>323669353
Hey, I was baiting for the usual spergs who go "lol look at this storyfag who doesn't play the game like we l33t pros do lol"

There is still hope for this fanbase. I'll get it on the next sale, since it seems to be cheap quite often.
>>
>implying community quality matters in a 1v1 game

Try playing CS:GO in Europe with all the russians, muslims and brits. League of shits as well. Worst communities ever.
>>
>>323669584
Well, it is technically the best game in the series thanks to the gameplay. Just kind of a big disappointment on the single-player note.
>>
File: selfie.jpg (116 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
selfie.jpg
116 KB, 900x1200
>>323669584
>g-guys i was just baiting

Yeah. Masturbating!
>>
File: 1768928.jpg (430 KB, 593x912) Image search: [Google]
1768928.jpg
430 KB, 593x912
>>323668929
It's mostly a dead community so the only players left are the reject shitters.
>>
/v/ and /vg/'s DOA and BB communities are fucking awful.
>>
>>323669398
Legit curious, whats so bad about nightmare? I haven't played since the game came out and nightmare has been my bro since the 2nd game.
>>
File: 1420185827178.png (221 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1420185827178.png
221 KB, 512x384
>>323670180
Yeah but they're nobodies so let them image dump.
>>
>>323670304
That's what makes them so bad. At least other communities play their games.
>>
>>323669469
What was it like?
And why were you suspicious?
>>
>>323668929
Is nightmare even top 5?
>>
File: TgJAuPk.png (546 KB, 467x700) Image search: [Google]
TgJAuPk.png
546 KB, 467x700
>not keeping your Pyrrhas in the fridge
>>
>>323670449
he said it was a super secret club filled with eletist jerks and no one wanted to play him because he was an outsider and wasn't great at the game. He hanged around for some time and then left without playing anyone. or something like that
Why don't I trust him? Because he's an anonymous poster on 4chan.
>>
>>323670480
Fuck off. The scv characters were one of the worst things about the game.
>>
>>323670608
So it's just like every other fighting game community in the world, then.
>>
>>323670407
DOA already has a dedicated small group. They play when requests are made and do not hang in those threads anymore.
>>
>>323670608
I remember it.
The way I figured he was a japanese guy and the people didn't let him play with them because he was a noob.
>>
>>323670760
>Go play SF
>get to play SF

Why do you think the SF community is so big.

>Japanese Tekken
>People will let little kids mash
>>
>>323670910
So many people think Street Fighters community just magicked itself into existence, but they did many things right over the years, while most others simply fucked up.
>>
>>323668929
>BRs is a given
In every fightan ever.

>Creation only lobbies where the owner will kick you if you dont have a CUSTOM OC CHARACTUR
This is a valid point. All I can suggest is to stay away from that garbage.

>-High ranks ganking low ranks and taking over rooms
Git gud or alternatively host your own room and kick them if you're dominated.

>People on the ps3 actually go to the trouble to lagswitch.
That's probably just the PS3 netcode. It's much more stable on 360.

>Nightmare
>People who are good with nightmare acting like they're skilled.
Nightmare isn't even that good. Bait his agA's (assuming you're playing any Nightmare with common sense) and learn to weigh your options against his 3[B] with your particular character(s). If you want true suffering, try laggy Violas.
>>
>>323670760
actually, no. many communities are accepting and like new players. I have several friends who play Tekken and they had great experiences in Asia
Chanel in korea played my friends, even lost few matches on purpose just to make them feel better, Knee just stomped them, but that's Knee, he played them when they asked him. Several people went to Japan and came back glowing,
Aris recently talked about Tekken in Japan, but Aris isn't really "nobody" in Tekken community.

I read similar stories from SF players who went to Japan.

Western community is a different topic.
>>
>>323670760
I played vf occasionally and I have experienced the same myself when trying to get people to play with me (from the community).

It's a very closed one where only people that are used to hang around and play are allowed.
If you're new, it's really hard to make people acknowledge you, let alone play with you.

So far it's only the old gamers left playing it.
>>
>>323671048
Maybe they didn't welcome him because it's hard explaining shit to a foreigner who doesn't speak your language.
>>
File: 1377616314148.jpg (107 KB, 700x1200) Image search: [Google]
1377616314148.jpg
107 KB, 700x1200
>>323670702

As an outsider, I like them.
>>
>>323671172
Like my friends speak Korean or Japanese. Some of them can't even understand English.
It's more about people.

Our local community went "Fuck noobs" as well and died over 2 years. Now I wait for SFV and Tekken 7 to wash away old players and bring fresh blood.
>>
>>323671172
I'm pretty sure it wasn't a foreigner, or at least he spoke japanese as he told us.
>>
The VF community is famously autistic. You have to have been in the community for years or people will just shit on you. If you say anything about VF could be better other than "buff my character" everyone flips out, convinced the game is perfect.

DOA also has a terrible community. DOA is a community so bad, that people research frame data and combos and strategies for the game and no one fucking cares, and they go back to talking about which DOA slut has the finest titties. You can even see it on 4chan where every DOA thread is a bunch of autismos masturbating to webms.

SCV has a pretty bad community. I could elaborate. There's just so many aspects. The shitty creation lobbies. The boosting faggots who literally only play SCV and will kick anyone who beats them. The incredibly frequent disconnecting. The fags who keep bitching on and on and on about how there's no story mode.
>>
>>323671379
maybe it's the genre that's fucked to begin with
it's the only genre that considers harassment as part of the community under the guise of friendly "banter"
>>
I have been saying for a while now that the VF playerbase deserves its current irrelevancy.

Nobody cares about how hardcore and deep your shitgame is when everybody is being a faggot about it.

Even something like GG is making a comeback in the west now and that shit was pretty fucking dead for a while.
The players are mostly really helpful and are happy to play against beginners. Its the way it should be.
>>
>>323671379
Don't forget DOAMaster and his circlejerk
>>
>>323671379
>The VF community is famously autistic. You have to have been in the community for years or people will just shit on you. If you say anything about VF could be better other than "buff my character" everyone flips out, convinced the game is perfect.
This.
It's amazing how they live in their own world, constantly comparing the japanese players to western ones, saying that the game got dumbed down because of the west and that the game is perfectly balanced.
>>
>>323671509
>harassment

Fuck off tumblr
>>
>>323671548
Master? That guy who mains hayabusa?

God I hate this faggot.
I even bodied his ass.
>>
>>323671610
it's true man, you guys are problematic
>>
>>323669664
Why'd you say muslims twice anon?
>>
>>323671379
I don't play much DoA but I'll take waifu discussion over any of that other shit any day. You may find it "gross" or "pathetic" but at least it's not angry drones and tryhards.
>>
>>323671778
>I may be shit, but at least I'm not poop!
>>
>>323671778
And that makes you cancer.
>>
>>323671379
>DOA also has a terrible community. DOA is a community so bad, that people research frame data and combos and strategies for the game and no one fucking cares, and they go back to talking about which DOA slut has the finest titties. You can even see it on 4chan where every DOA thread is a bunch of autismos masturbating to webms.
Actually I remember that one guy who wanted to write and categorize a whole guide of guaranteed combos.
And people shit over him telling him that there is no such thing as guaranteed, the game is way more complex and deep than he think and that if he does this he would just ruin the experience for everyone.

It's funny when you gather that in tournaments, all the known players do is looking for guaranteeds.
>>
>>323671909
Thats the kind of scrub mentality I'd expect in 2000 maybe, not 2015/16.
>>
File: 1365658282724.gif (1 MB, 291x260) Image search: [Google]
1365658282724.gif
1 MB, 291x260
>>323671868
>>323671871
I guess it's just a matter of who you would rather deal with.
>>
>>323671379
>DOA is a community so bad, that people research frame data and combos and strategies for the game and no one fucking cares

So what do you want in the end you autistic piece of shit? That's what one -would- want when it comes to the complaining in these threads.
>>
>>323671509

Friendly shit talk has been a part of male human interaction since forever. There is a difference between banter and salt. It's not a problem with the genre, it's that retards congregate in certain games.

Oh yeah, Blazblue as well. Now that's a fucking terrible community. Blazblue is basically at war with itself at all times since the beginning because you have half the playerbase sort of liking the game because they can dunk on weebs but hating it because it's not Guilty Gear. Then you have the other half that are BBfags and they seriously discuss the game's fucking anime story and act like a bunch of 14 year olds bashing in their dial-a-combos all day and ragequitting when it stops working.

SF has bad fanbases depending on the game. Like 3S.

The truth is that there are a lot of shitty communities out there. If I had to rank shit fighting game communities SCV is kind of up there. Not because of lol nightmurr how do i beat? like OP's shitty bait. But it's legitimately bad.

>Dead on XBox totally except for rooms with names like "no low/throw or kick" and "anime girls only"
>PSN largely the same, nobody goes in the Global Colosseo because it's just a furry roleplay chatroom
>You can only lose on ranked because when people beat you they take the win and if you beat them they disconnect
>50% of rooms are people who lure in noobs and if you beat them they kick the whole room to fight you again, and d/c when they lose

And more.
>>
>>323671778
>I'm a filthy casual piece of shit

When did /v/ become a bunch of pansies? There used to be a lot of people willing to learn and a few talented players to help people step up their game. Now there is a bunch of stagnant circlejerks that want to discuss "plot" and shilling for their overlords instead of playing.
>>
>>323672057
Its difficult to truly judge the SCV community simply because it died off rather quickly.

I wouldnt really call the faggots sitting in their shitty lobbies a community.

If you do talk about the online people only, then sure. Nothing worse.
>>
I dunno, never had problems playing SCV. Then again, it was a bit of a time ago, where the go-to easy but powerful character was Mitsurugi.

Had fun playing online, even with people from fucking 4chan. And had loads of fun playing with my local FGC, whose top player was maining a low tier like Raphael. His space control was just that good.
>>
>57 posts in
>nobody mentioned smash
>>
>>323672442
Thats a topic on /v/ every single day.
Like that shits a given.
>>
>>323671519
>GG is making a comeback

Yes, because Guilty Gear got a new game.
VF5:FS is old as dirt. That's not even a valid comparison. But regardless, the VF playerbase can be pretty obnoxious about certain things. I love the game, but sometimes the mentality of it's community is comedic for all the wrong reasons.

>>323671379
>You have to have been in the community for years or people will just shit on you.

No, you have to be -good- or else people will shit on you. If you aren't good at the game, you will get shat on. It doesn't matter how long you've been playing. That's how it's always been with fighting games, this isn't exclusive to the VF community.
>>
>>323671349
>Now I wait for SFV and Tekken 7 to wash away old players and bring fresh blood.
You know, I can't say that for SFV, as I think the community is fine as it is.

But I hope this so much for T7 and VF6 after they get revealed( a release date in T7's case)
>>
File: airplane girl.png (80 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
airplane girl.png
80 KB, 255x255
waifu shit > edgy tryhards
>>
>>323672487
It's not comedic.
It's the OGs who are huge retards.
You have to be old, the vf community will literally shit on anybody who just started with FS and not with previous iterations.

Because you know what, they consider anyone who hasn't been able to perform these ete techs back in the day to be a mashing scrub.
>>
>>323672557
I'm not from US and Sf scene is weak here, but decent, Tekken is dead. So my comment about washing away old community is more about Tekken, some old players are great and helpful, some are pure cancer. I can go into city war, but I'll leave it at that.
GG is making a comeback, some players even went to EVO.
>>
>>323672697
I said comedic -> for all the wrong reasons. <-

Meaning it's stupid and backwards, but that's why I find it funny. Regardless, e-sports attention always changes people. It changed the SF community, it's changing GG. If VF ever got to that point, it will change too, guarantee you.
>>
>>323672227
Not really sure where all this anger is coming from, but maybe next time read the post I replied to so you can get context.
>>
>>323668929
>playing SC5
Found your problem. There has never been a balanced SC game. Those are purely for fun.
>>
>>323672958
when? I mean VF already is an e-sport. Many VF players participated in MasterCup 2015
>>
>>323672673
>edgy tryhards
What does that even mean?
>>
>>323672958
It's not esports already?
How do you get vf into e-sports?
>>
>>323673271
Probably referring to the shit people have been saying about SCV in this thread.
>>
Reminds me of soul calibur 4 where EVERYBODY either used Cervantes or Seigfried.
>>
>>323673190
>I don't play the game
>but I prefer waifufags to people who play the game

Tell me what I took out of context you massive faggotlord?
>>
>>323673271
people who actually decide to get dedicated to a game and become good at it instead of just jerking off to the girls all day.

You call someone like that an edgy tryhard when they beat you and you can't deal with the fact that they're just better.
>>
>>323673271
People who care about nerd shit like gameplay and being better.
>>
>Soul Calibur characters pre-5
>boring riffs on martial arts film cliches
>few traces of moeshit taking root

This is good because I grew up with it.

>Soul Calibur characters post-5
>boring riffs on modern anime cliches
>moe has been condensed into one character

This is bad because I don't like anime.
>>
>>323672227
There are quite a few motivated people around still, but you'll find them in SF or Xrd threads rather than DoA.
DoA is a lost case. Nobody will ever take it seriously. Not even the players.
>>
>>323672958

You are a fucking hipster. VF's community didn't get worse because of "e-sports." VF's community was shit before it was ever streamed at a major. And VF faggots hate e-sports because they think it will bring scrubs to their secret treehouse, to their dead forums where all the info is 4 years old and no one posts anymore because they're all in a Skype group.

It's funny you post VF4, the supposed greatest VF game, like you're saying the community had a golden age and was pure once. It was always trash. It was always 10 guys telling anyone who wants to learn to "read the guides" that are 2 years outdated in some dead forum, getting up just to troll on 4chan about how superior VF is while know-nothing dickriders who think they're wise simply for knowing what the fuck that shit dead game is would cheer around them.
>>
>>323673549
Soul Calibur 5 did some really interesting shit when it comes to 3D fighters though.
Viola is essentially a puppet character with setups and Zwei works like a stand fucker from the Jojos fighter.

Thats the kind of shit nobody else would dare to introduce into a 3D fighter.
Its also why I like Soul Calibur the most. They actually try some new stuff in those.
>>
>tfw never really mingled with the VF community besides the autistic girl who played Vanessa
>>
File: kekbrad.gif (2 MB, 184x150) Image search: [Google]
kekbrad.gif
2 MB, 184x150
>>323673261
>>323673292
>VF
>E-Sports

Until Sega finally releases VF6, NEVER EVER.
>>
>>323673448
>>I don't play the game
>>but I prefer waifufags to people who play the game
Well first of all this is what we call "taking words out of my mouth." No, I don't play much DoA, but I do, as well as other fighting games, and from my experience, I'd rather have a community filled with waifufags over people who do shit like disconnect before losing to preserve their ratio, or are so obsessed with their game that they think it's perfect and don't take criticism. See, had you actually read the comment chain, you would know that these are the things I am referring to, but instead you took one post and lashed out like a child instead of thinking. Why?
>>
File: 1450.gif (2 MB, 311x190) Image search: [Google]
1450.gif
2 MB, 311x190
>>323673649
Literally this.
>>
>>323673549
>moe has been condensed into one character
Are you fucking kidding me right now?
>>
>>323673791
Ragequitters and elitists is still miles above not playing the goddamn game.

Please kill yourself
>>
>4chan
>anonymous board
>tfw I recognize at least half the people posting in this thread.
>>
>>323673649
What the fuck? Can you not read? I said e-sports attention would change the VF's community's shit behavior, like it did with SF and GG. It wouldn't make it worse. As it stands right now, SF has the most e-sports attention. That's why it's community is the one on it's Ps and Qs the most. GG is trying to come up since it's got a new game, so it's following suit. This hasn't happened for VF yet, so it's community is still backwards. Chill with the autism kiddo. No need for the temper tantrum.
>>
File: 1409937990213.jpg (55 KB, 517x610) Image search: [Google]
1409937990213.jpg
55 KB, 517x610
>>323674050
who am I?
>>
wait, people actually took DoA seriously? I thought that shit was like skullgirls where people barely played the game, if not at all, and just talked about the girls all the time.
>>
>>323674102

SF and GG weren't insular 10guys communities before e-sports, you retarded faggot. I was around in the 90s when you had 30 year old security guards and 14 year olds playing SF and X-Men and Tekken in arcades, before e-sports was a twinkle in some shitter's eye. The only thing "e-sports" changed was that now everyone wants the e-sports money, but these communities always welcomed new blood.

VF was always niche and the community was always shit with a chip on it s shoulder. Why are you such a fucking liar?

>>323674314

There was a brief attempt to make DOA serious. IIRC it was even televised.
>>
>>323674305
overweight spurdo in a dirty shirt
>>
File: 15940289375643.gif (864 KB, 160x270) Image search: [Google]
15940289375643.gif
864 KB, 160x270
>>323674451
>SF and GG always welcomed new blood
>calls me the liar

Maximum fucking kek. You couldn't be any more full of shit. Next you'll tell me the 09er meme was never a thing.
>>
>>323673981
Plenty of people play DoA.
>>
>>323674102
>>323674451
What both of you two are saying actually converges.

>>323674650
He is right though.
SF and GG always welcomes new people, this is why there is this hign attendance in every event.
>>
File: paws down.png (471 KB, 642x779) Image search: [Google]
paws down.png
471 KB, 642x779
>>323674314
Our underaged boy Sonic Fox yiffs the competition with his favorite psuedo-loli, Marie Rose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FkAcd_hjKQ
>>
>>323674650

They did. You know Alex Valle was new blood back in SFA, right? And what 09er shit are you talking about? Yeah, people were saying "09er" a lot, but they were mostly retards who started with 3S.

But I see you are one of those retards who can't actually argue worth a shit. All you've got are your laughing women reaction images. So I'll leave you with your bait and stop wasting my time.
>>
>>323674863
Sonic is a nice dude and good at the games he plays.

Good for him that furfaggot fucking piece of shit.
>>
>>323674863
>Using doa as an exemple

as much as I respect the game, I really don't see it as a competitive or well balanced game.

It has the playerbase you see for a reason, serious players don't want to waste time on this game.
>>
>>323674961
Do you know VFDC?
>>
>>323674995
I'm cool with him too. I just like using him as bait since he's won majors (including EVO wins) in DOA, Skullgirls, UNIEL, MK, and Injustice. He's really talented and I'm hoping to beat him in SF.
>>
>>323674102
SF has been an e sport for the longest time, 09 happened, but EVO and other tournaments existed before.
VF had it's chance, at one point Tekken got switched with VF on the main stage. Did nothing. Last version of VF(FS) came after big boom of 08. nothing changed.

Fighting games are eat sports already, what you're talking about are big mainstage games. And no, VF6 won't change shit. If it'd to come out today no would care and money go where the people are. No one gives a fuck about VF except its super secret club and unless more people will get into VF it won't become big. But community doesn't want to be big, they want to feel smug.
>>
>SC5
>Alive

It took me like half an hour to find a match on either console like a year ago, i'd be amazed if it's more active now.

Dampierre and Yoshimitsu a best
>>
>>323675232
>VF6 won't change shit. If it'd to come out today no would care and money go where the people are. No one gives a fuck about VF except its super secret club and unless more people will get into VF it won't become big. But community doesn't want to be big, they want to feel smug.
This is what worries me the most.
I fear sega has plans for a VF6 but don't see the mess that the small existing OG community is building.

They seriously need to get rid of this cancer if they want their game to be successful.
>>
>>323674856
>>323674961
Arcade culture and the dark ages of the FGC prove otherwise.

SFIV revitalized the entire genre and the new found E-Sports attention made the scene change to become more approachable. These are facts. The fact that you're actually trying to deny this means you've got selective memory.
>>
>>323670702
I agree, and I hate the replacements for Taki and Talim.
>>
>>323675446
I'm not denying, I agree for the most part.
>>
>>323675232
You know what also came out after the big boom?

GGXXAC+R and that barely grew the scene. Meanwhile, Xrd is getting mad attention. What VF needs is a BRAND NEW FUCKING GAME. Not a revision of an old one. What is so hard about this to understand?
>>
>>323673549
>one character
There were at least three.
>>
>ITT: plebs who are playing online.
Enjoy your fucking lags and your shit community. You are literally the cancer of the FGC, well done.
>>
>>323674451
Hey old man, will my fighting game skills suddenly evaporate in my 30s?
>>
>>323676192

Yes. You will also lose your sexual powers.
>>
File: 1nyi8impkpF1rtalpj_540.png (118 KB, 277x292) Image search: [Google]
1nyi8impkpF1rtalpj_540.png
118 KB, 277x292
>>323672057
>You can only lose on ranked because when people beat you they take the win and if you beat them they disconnect
I vividly remember constantly fighting this one Mitsurugi player for like 2 hours across multiple matches because I'm not that good and my main was Raphael who's super predictable, when i finally beat the edgy looking fuck he immediately disconnected. That's when I actually got salty enough to call him out on it and I shit you not he replied with:

>"u didn't deserve it, noob. heh."

That's not even the only time something like that has happened to me.
>>
>>323676026
+r did alight with what it got back then and was doing fine. It wasn't as big as xrd it's first year, but people played it through the years. It was a side event on Evo for the longest time and Japanese players travelled overseas. Is there something like that for VF?

And even with Xrd release new people got in because it's a new much less complicated game, but also because they were welcome. old players tried to help new players and scene grew.

VF is not GG.
>>
>>323676026
>What VF needs is a BRAND NEW FUCKING GAME. Not a revision of an old one. What is so hard about this to understand?
I know you two are from vfdc now I have no doubt about it.
But like I said what you guys say actually converges.

A new VF is not enough, I'm afraid.
I'm really curious to see what's sega's plan to revive the game if there is a VF6 like people have been saying it will get announced soon now.
>>
>>323676805
>being a Raphael in V

pain
>>
>>323677026
None of that disputes anything I said. When you want to breed new life into a game, you make a new one, you don't release a revision of an old one. That's what happened with SFIV. That's what's happening with GGXrd. It can happen for VF.

GGXXAC+R barely did shit for the scene. Xrd is the one that made real changes.
>>
>>323677550
>>323677026

What exactly are you hoping for them to do with a "brand new vf"?
Do you mean brand new as revisiting the whole concept/mechanic?

Or just an updated game with new graphics and all that?
>>
>>323677182
Preach it, brother. They culled a lot of moves from a lot of the cast due to most of them being redundant, but Raph got fucked really hard because they took away most of his horizontal moves and his cool teleport moves from 4 were reduced to one move.
>>
>>323677805
>if you even think about going into Preparation you're going to eat shit

Why did they remove his faggy little pirouette?
>>
>>323668302
>not marvel
>the community that's constantly known for scammers and collusion
>the community that dropped Marvel 3 like a rock the moment they knew the game wasn't going to get any more support from Capcom
>the community that lost to a scrub like KaneBlueRiver at EVO 2015 and refused to admit that they lost because they were too busy playing games other than Marvel

I can't think of a worse community for a fighting game than them. Maybe anime/airdashers with all of the wannabe shitposters
>>
>>323677998
>scrub like KaneBlueRiver
Kane dedicated years to Marvel and became a traveling hobo who bummed it in Japan and America.

Marvel still gets more entrants than most games at majors.
>>
>>323677550
I already give you several reasons why VF is not the same as other games you use as examples. GG wasn't some secret club obscure game, it was just another game, When Xrd players came old players were there and were fine with new players and changes.

We're talking about VF community right now. Sega either needs to drop mad bux, change game and marketing to scorch away old players and build the game anew or just release new game.

Tekken was, still is in the west, in the similar situation with TTT2, but the main difference is community, once Tekken 7 hit people went into arcades, old players got back and people tried to be friendly and open minded. Similar to GG.
Will this happen with VF? Do you think?
>>
>>323677968
I don't know man. It's like they wanted to make all of his preparation stances into one single stance but gave him the most basic one from past games and nothing to back it up.
>>
>>323675548
Talim had no replacement what are you talking about
>>
Let's talk about SCV.
>>
>>323670480
Both are retards.
>>
File: hirodooky.png (234 KB, 637x481) Image search: [Google]
hirodooky.png
234 KB, 637x481
all these scrubs
mfw
>>
>>323678207
The old men who can't get with the times are always weeded out. You're sitting here trying to sell that there wasn't elitism in those other communities in comparison to VF and I'm telling you you're full of shit for even trying to spin that narrative. Elitism has always been a thing in the FGC, period. It's not exclusive to VF. The prospect of e-sports money WILL make people act right, and the ones who refuse to get with the time will be left in the dust. It happened with SF, it's happening with GG. The same is true for Tekken. Why are you so convinced it can't happen for VF? VF is not a special case. It's literally just more of the same.
>>
>>323678678
If you could just answer my question and tell me what you're expecting them to do to make it esport or how they should make vf evolve.
Please.
>>
File: my_children_by_evs_eme-d47ho7k.jpg (240 KB, 812x983) Image search: [Google]
my_children_by_evs_eme-d47ho7k.jpg
240 KB, 812x983
>>323678569
honestly most of /v/ cant properly talk about it since most of them dont even know the basics

some of them will still think link is the most fitting guest character when you have Ezio
>>
File: nostalrius-logo-vertical-small.png (124 KB, 512x320) Image search: [Google]
nostalrius-logo-vertical-small.png
124 KB, 512x320
The forums make me want to puke

And half of in-game community is chinks now
>>
>>323678678

No one ever said elitism was exclusive to VF, but the problem is much bigger in VF. E-sports money is not as big of a deal as you think it is. What e-sports money did to SF was cut down on the raw East Coast-style niggery so now everyone had to keep it PG-13 on stream, but SF's community wasn't hugely insular before e-sports.

If VF ever got big and people approached them with big e-sports money and the VF "community" cared about that, the only change would be the worst. They would become like all the old Marvel cocksuckers who clique'd up and colluded to split pots from gullible new blood, that's the kind of shit that started the "dark ages," not because SF fags are too hard. VF's community is shit and will always be shit because they're shit.
>>
>>323678981
Only after you acknowledge elitism has always been a part of the FGC in general and isn't exclusive to VF, because that's a fucking lie and a half.
>>
>>323679095
Retards shouldnt have viralled it so hard everywhere.
>>
>>323679007

hiroyuki pls go
>>
every single Valve game
>>
>>323679158
You're not talking to the same guy.

Heres my post >>323677787
>>
>Left 4 Dead 2
>TF2
>Skyrim (Holy fucking shit just watch regular porn or SFM you degen fuck)
>ANY ASSFAGGOT
>ANY survival crafting game
>Hyperdimension Neptunia
>Persona 4
>Ecelebs
And there's plenty more where that came from.
>>
File: pyrrha___scv_by_evs_eme-d5izuk1.jpg (461 KB, 1024x1372) Image search: [Google]
pyrrha___scv_by_evs_eme-d5izuk1.jpg
461 KB, 1024x1372
>>323679264
HARRUMP

I have to go to class anyway
>>
>>323678678
I'm convinced because there 2005 happened. Tekken 5, VF4 and other fightings ere released around the same time. VF had same problems back then. VF5 came out, same problem. But right now, when 2D is going strong, but 3D is dieing, somehow VF6 will fix every single problem.

I started back in mid-2000, and I started with VF4Evo, but even our community went full eletism fags, I fled to Tekken where people just gathered around and played the game for fun, we sometimes played VF, DOA, GG and other games just for fun. Community drives fighting games.
Marketing is also important. This is why VF6 might get some traction. VF is going with HARDCORE and TOO REAL for the longest time, it's engraved into the name by this point.
This is why I think ONLY problem with VF right now is the lack of VF6 is so wrong.

And about old players. No. It's not true. SF has players from 3rd strike still going strong, Tekken has some players from TTT1 times, GG has players from Midnight Carnival.
>>
>>323679136
>No one ever said elitism was exclusive to VF, but the problem is much bigger in VF.

The degree of elitism is irrelevant. Money talks. You're downplaying the power and influence of money, which is pretty naive considering we're talking about competitive gaming with cash prizes.

>They would become like all the old Marvel cocksuckers who clique'd up and colluded to split pots

Cliques are never not going to be a thing, just blacklist the fuckers who collude and put them on blast. It's only problem if it's not exposed and dealt with.
>>
File: Kawaii Calibur.gif (3 MB, 425x227) Image search: [Google]
Kawaii Calibur.gif
3 MB, 425x227
>>323668302
SCV wasn't too bad at the beginning.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiKf5Lmv5LY
>>
>>323679136
>They would become like all the old Marvel cocksuckers who clique'd up and colluded to split pots from gullible new blood, that's the kind of shit that started the "dark ages," not because SF fags are too hard.
Thats also what killed GG back then.
Marn ruined it for everybody.
>>
Alright, you guys just wanna argue, not answer the real questions.
>>
>>323677998
>talking shit about Marvel
shit taste
>>
>>323680229

What real questions? Go on, my homosexual friend.
>>
The Naruto fighting games community is by far the worst in the entire history of mankind.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftK0CKpb5CI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCL_5ztkVUw
>>
>>323680506
I figured you're not smart enough to answer it, so just keep sperging around if vf is screwd by elitism or not.
>>
>>323679815
Not that guy but I'd just like to interject for a moment.
>The degree of elitism is irrelevant.
Ridiculous statement. People might be able to overcome some slight elitism. People might not be able to overcome a huge wall of autismal rage.

>You're downplaying the power and influence of money
This one much more so.
You cant keep a community going with cash prizes only. This isnt LoL or Dota, nobody can truly live off this shit.
The absolute majority of people play for free without ever expecting money (and thats the case with LoL and Dota too).
There's people doing ranked battles every month for some random games in germany, france and england. You think they're all in it for the money? You must be insane if you think that.

If the community cant keep players hooked casually it will die.

>>323680229
Personally I dont think that VF can be salvaged at this point.

Its too late for that now. The games image is fucked, the community is garbage and dead, Sega doesnt seem to care much and 3D fighters are generally declining currently.
I think what we need at this point is some new 3D fighter IPs that try some different approach.
>>
>>323680803
Your question is retarded. What did SF and GG do? What did Tekken do? Oh, make the games more accessible? Boom, there is your fucking answer. People who hate the changes will bitch and stop playing or bitch and continue playing like they did with the other communities.
>>
>>323679136
>What e-sports money did to SF was cut down on the raw East Coast-style niggery so now everyone had to keep it PG-13 on stream
Main reason why I'm against esports shit.
>>
>>323679815
>The degree of elitism is irrelevant. Money talks. You're downplaying the power and influence of money, which is pretty naive considering we're talking about competitive gaming with cash prizes.
What money? You need players to get money. Sega won't foot the bill for it like Namco or Sony do for "their" fightings.
And even if there will be big EVO VF prise, do you really think it will change much? People will switch to it just to get the prize, DOA and Tekken have similar basic mechanics it will help, and then switch back to their fighter.

There needs to be a constant drive for the game for it to work. This is were community kicks in.
Money talks, but it's business, the day and age where Japanese VF5 players double dip into Tekken 7 is not the day and age where Sega can afford to drop mad dosh on VF6.

Fighting games are niche, VF is even more niche, For it to succeed the game community needs to be built from the ground up, not the other way around. Is it possible? yes. But unlikely. Especially if new game will be accompanied with "Hardcorest fighting of them all" ad campaign.
>>
>>323668929
A quick look at the tier list reveals that you just suck at the game and can't take a loss and instead make excuses (Lagswitching, High Ranks etc.etc.)
Just play Fallout or CoD if you can't stand skill in games.
>>
>>323681180
So you think Sega should try a VF reboot with a new brand?
>>
>>323681358
It's not a retarded question you are just cluesless and don't have a good answer for it.

Final Showdown is the mroe accessible VF.
It didn't do shit.
>>
>>323681715
lagswitching and high ranks invading rooms with low ranks is legit, though.
>>
>>323681551
>Sega won't foot the bill for it like Namco or Sony do for "their" fightings.

This is a baseless assumption. Given the current climate of fighting games, there is no reason to believe if Sega actually went ahead and made a VF6, they wouldn't do that.

VF5 players are dipping into T7 because it's new. Sega hasn't made a new game. What in the world makes you think that if Sega made a new VF, they wouldn't just play it?
>>
>>323668929
>Complaining about a mid tier character so common everyone knows how to kill him
I'm guessing you have trouble with Ryu too, nigga.
>>
>>323682761
I think at this point Sega should just stop in general, especially with Sonic.

I just dont see VF ever getting properly popular, even with a reboot.
They had the chance to make it big when 3D fighters were new, because back then people actually thought that 3D=better.
But thats when Tekken just stole its lightning.
One being on the saturn and the other on the playstation1 which was so much more popular certainly didnt help VF.

I dont know if Sega should try a new brand, but I do think that we need some new 3D fighters in general.
Maybe some that explore some more unusual stuff , like SC did in 5 as mentioned here
>>323673702

Lets just say that I wouldnt want to be in Segas position when it comes to deciding the future of VF.
>>
>>323683049
Listen, not him but.
Sega has already scheduled a termination of all VF network services for this February.

There were rumors(from good sources) just before FS that VF5FS would be the last Virtua Fighter game AM2 will work on.

Money doesn't bring players this is just your assumption, money just markets the game, events with prize pools also serve this purpose.

People now don't want to play competitively, or play in arcades.
They want to sit down watch e-sport matches, chill with their console and play online.
This is what games like SFV or KOF14 are going for.
>>
>>323683227
It can work if it's presented as a whole new game, fgc just wants flavor of the months, not good fighters.

Or else how do you think MKX is still working?
>>
>>323683029
>Final Showdown is the mroe accessible VF.

Final Showdown was another fucking revision of a 10 year old game, not a brand new one. This shit isn't rocket science.

>>323683570
>There were rumors(from good sources) just before FS that VF5FS would be the last Virtua Fighter game AM2 will work on.

Link me.
>>
Rocket league is by far the worst that I've encountered in a while
Every second person I beat threatens to kill me and every other person sarcastically spams emotes and spouts memes
>>
>>323683570
>There were rumors(from good sources) just before FS that VF5FS would be the last Virtua Fighter game AM2 will work on.

you got sources for this?
>>
>>323673208

>Found your problem. There has never been a balanced SC game. Those are purely for fun.

Exactly this, and ironically that imbalance is what makes the series so enjoyable - there's so much variation in characters. I personally loved Soul Calibur 3 despite it being the black sheep of the family due to terrible balance, but the devs put so much heart into the game that it's still massively satisfying to play to this day.
>>
>>323683924
MKX attracts a non-fighting game fanbase.

Its like there's barely an overlap between regular fighting game players and MK players.
Its filling some weirdass niche. A gigantic one if you look at the sales.

Most of the time fighting game players like to stick to their own preferred franchise. Some obviously branch out, but most just stay with what they like, be it SF, KoF or Tekken or whatever.
Only with anime fighters you got people hopping around every month for some reason.
>>
>>323684193
variation doesn't need to be impalanced.
SC5 had potential, but they blew with first few updates their load and fanbase didn't like new direction with characters.

Harada and Namco are going wink-win smudge-smudge with SC. But I don't know where it will fit with Tekken 7 Tekken x Street Fighter and SFV.
>>
File: image.jpg (138 KB, 600x772) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138 KB, 600x772
>>323680518
>kids in comments calling him sensei
>>
File: dread.jpg (15 KB, 208x212) Image search: [Google]
dread.jpg
15 KB, 208x212
Finally tried SCIV recently after years of SC2 and SC3 and this feels funky as shit.
Why are there ability cards
Why did they replace muh ez shoulder buttons with taunts and character switches
Why are the only difficulties "way too easy" and "a bit harder I guess"
Why am I so much drastically worse at this game when I try so hard to love it
>>
>>323684119
A bunch of japanese star players who are in touch with sega.
I dont remember where it was too long ago.
>>
>try Tekken 6 online for the first time
>every other player was Law

I played with Christie Montero and I don't really know about tiers because I only play locally with friends, but facing Law every other game was pretty tedious.
>>
>>323683570
>makes claims
>asked to provide source
>doesn't provide them

I knew you were full of shit.

People ITT actually tried to compare revisions to completely new entries as if the same context applies to both. Talk about reaching. This thread just reminded me why I don't bother even trying to talk about FGs on /v/.
>>
>>323670870
DOA's actual gaming community is very small because DOA5 wasn't very good. Imagine if Street Fighter 4 had just been Street Fighter 3 without parrying. It'd be a very unbalanced game. That's what DOA5 is. It removed a a few universal balancing features that were present in DOA4. Since most DOA5 players are on playstation though, most of them never played the xbox360 only DOA4, so they don't even know man. They don't even know, man.
>>
File: soniccal.jpg (60 KB, 1115x827) Image search: [Google]
soniccal.jpg
60 KB, 1115x827
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7pJeJu8Z3M
>>
>>323685979
Because Law is cheap as shit in BR.
>flip kicks are practically safe
>auto parry
>d23
Fuck Law, I hope Harada nerfs him to death in T7FR
>>
>>323686337
>blue arms

DELETE THIS
Thread replies: 179
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.