[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you fix Civ V?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 246
Thread images: 25
How would you fix Civ V?
>>
Place it in the refuse bin
>>
Add in the ability to say to the NPC's everything they can say to you

example: I see your units amassed at my borders...
>>
Release a console version.
>>
By installing Civ IV
>>
>>323657654
5>4 tbqhwyf
>>
>>323657391
To fix Civ5 specifically I'd probably just remove troop healing.
Health can come back through siphoning production from cities I guess.
Maybe half of the damage that is taken can be regained like it used to, but the other half has to be payed for in production.
>>
>>323657391
it's already fixed with the community patch
>>
Make mid-late game not boring
>>
>>323657915

What community patch?
>>
>>323657391
Choose appropriate rulers. Even better...have multiple rulers for each faction like previous games.
Unit stacking (with a limit).
Competent AI.
A functional diplomacy system.
>>
install the better UI mod
game is unplayable without it
>>
>>323657864
I could see it working, but you'd have to make it it worsen the effect each age. having that mechanics would makes first turn barbarians camps god damn nightmares.
>>
>>323657915
Community patch and various UI mods

Improve combat AI

Eliminate multiplayer crashes, there's really no excuse, this isn't a twitch shooter

Add a few more civs (maybe different leaders for one civ) or 'make your own civ'

Civ 6 should be everything Civ 5 is with these improvements, if it isn't I'll just play modded Civ 5 until Civ 6 complete edition comes out circa 2020
>>
>>323658237

>Unit stacking (with a limit).

This. Seriously, this should be the ability of great generals. Use a great general to be able to create an army which allows you to stack 3-5 units into a single one.
>>
>>323658365
Ah hm.
Well I guess you couldn't roam as easily far away from your capitol then.
Early game would change a lot and I'm not sure if it is for the worst.
>>
Have it developed by Platinum.
>>
>>323658415
>great general generated
>Pick between types of general
>Combat Bonus General or +1upt general
Maybe more types.
>>
If you want tile stacking back it needs to come with a movement penalty, diminishing returns on health and wipe out the entire army if defeated.
>>
>>323658490
>press B button to dodge the stack of death
Honestly I wouldn't fight if they made the fights more intense with some input from you. Like if a battlefield screen opens and it's a small map where you command a bunch of troops similiar to Total War but turn based
>>
>>323657864
retarded make combat harder
>>
>>323657391
Install Civ IV
>>
>>323657391
By making the online functional
>>
>>323657654
what makes it better in your opinion? I have 3,4 and 5 and I cant really decide what to play.
>>
>>323658818
it's retarded and I should make combat harder, or it's retarted and it makes combat harder?
>>
>>323658415
oh god I remember those death stacks from civ 3, never again please
>>
>>323658843
>what makes it better in your opinion? I have 4 and 5 and I cant really decide what to play.
either tbqh
>>
>>323658836
This.
I cant get a game going without it crashing and never being able to reconnect
>>
Endless legend almost had it. But that game becomes exceedingly boring once you get 4 or more cities
>>
>>323657391
by uninstalling it
>>
File: 1432484266861.jpg (32 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1432484266861.jpg
32 KB, 500x500
>>323657391

>Allow unit stacking/combining
>Fix retarded AI (both combat and diplomacy)
>More diplomacy options similar to Total War
>Add trading of Great Works to diplomacy screen
>Change city maintenance costs so that new cities are not instantly profitable regarding science/culture
>>
CIV5+BNW is the best civ game to date
of coruse you can be a pleb and deny but this game does so much things right, turism, spies, diplomacy, cultural victory is actually fun, world fairs, its amazing, also great civs and each is really different from another

also is aways great to say strategy babys crying because of no "muh stacks ;_;'
>>
install civ3, the last good one

or just play smac instead
>>
>>323661512
>those perfectly round bobbies

i came
>>
Are they even gonna call it Sid Meyer's xxx now that he's dead?
>>
>>323657391
Bring in limited stacks: one melee, ranged and noncombat unit per tile.
>>323657468
Add in what this anon said.
>>
>>323657391
release two expansions
>>
File: merchant vessel.jpg (91 KB, 570x875) Image search: [Google]
merchant vessel.jpg
91 KB, 570x875
Give it better AI
>>
First of all, i would cap african nations to max medieval era and asians to industrial age. Then i would increase the skills of unit belonging to first world nations in the west since we're genetically and technologically superior to other lesser nations. Also allow you to exterminate other religions and races. If they did that, then Civ would be THE best game on the planet
>>
>>323661996
Do you think a second expansion could fix BE? The game still feels like a stripped down civ v expansion.
>>
>>323662081
>not wanting to conquer the globe with a proud army of Zulu warriors commandeering giant death robots powered by nuclear fusion

Get a load of this pleb!
>>
What civs should be added/removed in future games?
>>
Improve enemy AI so that it doesn't have to literally cheat to compete with you.
>>
File: 37.png (345 KB, 464x464) Image search: [Google]
37.png
345 KB, 464x464
>>323657468
You can say that but the trigger for it is really shit. It's under the diplo page where you ask them to stop spying on you.
>>
>>323663389
Canada should be a civ at this point, same with Australia
Maybe one more south african civ?
A new south american civ wouldn't hurt at all, Argentina/Chile?
>>
>>323663520
>Muh anglo pride
Kek
>>
>>323663571
>actually from europe
>>
>>323657391
>Actually playing as Germany

Only retarded edgy teens play Germany because of lolhitler.
>>
>>323662081
So you would make Victoria 2?
>>
>>323663650
I didn't say i wanted autism simulator for aspies.
You can't even kill subhumans in Vic2, and it's rife with white shaming
>>
>>323663571
If Indonesia can be a Civ, so can they.
>>
>>323663635
I didn't know germany had goblins
>>
Civ VI by the end of the year lads, trust me.
>>
>>323657391
Not with Beyond Earth.
>>
>>323663769
Indonesia actually affected pasific history and culture. What did Australia do other than getting cucked by birds for a few centuries?
>>
>>323663789
You didn't?
>>
>>323657391
take away all the promotion shit like +health per turn
add in support units like the ones in BE
add in limited unit stacking - 1 melee, 1 ranged and 1 non-com (support/worker/settler) on one tile
Increase upkeep when multiple units share the same tile

middleground settings of quick movement and quick combat where all of it is quick unless it involves your units
>>
>>323663962
Has Nazi Science gone too far?
>>
File: 163.gif (933 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
163.gif
933 KB, 480x270
>>323663971
You can already stack non combat units onto a tile?
>>
>>323658815
thats pretty much what endless legend does, the concept is kinda cool but it gets quite repetetive
>>
>>323664120
yes but I mentioned it anyway with the addition of increased upkeep and support units like medics
>>
>>323663389
Bulgaria.
>>
Make it Civ IV with 64 Bit Support. There I fixed it.
>>
Release Caveman2Cosmos for it. There, I fixed Civ5.
>>
>>323664553
HOLY FUCK MY NIGGA.
>>
>>323661981
>one melee, ranged and noncombat unit per tile.
I would put a strength limit depending on highest age reached. You might be able to have a bunch of low tech garbage stacked or one or two current era. That way you can do asymmetric war.
>>
Happiness is the biggest problem. The unhappiness generated per-city is way too high and inhibits creating the massive, sprawling empires that were always a staple of the series. There also aren't enough ways to manage it outside of social policies, which leads to huge troughs where you can find yourself at -20 or worse before you get your ideology.

Useless/overpowered military units are also an issue. Plenty of units literally never see the light of day, like chariot archers or helicopter gunships. Probably worse are the broken units that dominate their era, notably composites/crossbowmen, frigates and artillery. Since the AI usually spams pikes and other assorted shit units, it's too easy to dominate wars just through sheer unit strength.

They need to make science (and early culture) have less of a priority over the other resources. Since vanilla it's been the optimal strategy to simply rush science tech/buildings/wonders since prioritizing anything other than early military is objectively subpotimal. We shouldn't see the only two science focused civs in the game blowing all the others out of the water.

It's pretty common to suggest better AI but I'm pretty sure the AI is intentionally retarded. The more complex the AI the longer the turns take, and Civ5 already has monstrously long turns as the game gets towards the modern eras. It's pretty difficult, if not impossible, to script a better AI without lengthening turns to a ridiculous degree. There might be some optimizations here and there (like not having city-states pointlessly move all their units every turn), but I doubt they'd be able to do too much.
>>
let competent AI writers handle the AI in the game.
>>
>>323664683
>Happiness is the biggest problem. The unhappiness generated per-city is way too high and inhibits creating the massive, sprawling empires that were always a staple of the series. There also aren't enough ways to manage it outside of social policies, which leads to huge troughs where you can find yourself at -20 or worse before you get your ideology.
Pretty much the only thing that made me give Civ5 a chance, that it stopped me from endlessly spamming cities.
I can still ICS in it though.

>Useless/overpowered military units are also an issue. Plenty of units literally never see the light of day, like chariot archers or helicopter gunships. Probably worse are the broken units that dominate their era, notably composites/crossbowmen, frigates and artillery. Since the AI usually spams pikes and other assorted shit units, it's too easy to dominate wars just through sheer unit strength.
Second.
>>
>>323663897
By having the worlds youngest cigarette smokers? Go shit while squatting, then go wipe your ass with your hand you disgusting Indo fuck.
>>
>>323665154
I like that part where you showed me why Austfailia should be in, but not an actual empire of pasific history.

It's okay though, Australia may not be in the games, but you faggots will always be on 4chan to ruin everyone's fun.
>>
australia's unique unit dropbears could use a stealth/ambush mechanic
>>
>>323665347
Not explaining the history of the pacific to some retarded faggot that can't even spell it. Read a book, or wikipedia if that's too hard for you.
>>
>>323665405
Their units would be shitposters. Spamming nations so bad their industrious and science output is lowered for every shitposter within their borders.
>>
make it good without the expansions

seriously, they pulled a bait and switch similar to diablo 3
>>
>>323665507
naw that sounds more like an ability gained through research and used by traders
>>
>>323665416
Why would i even care, aussie friend? Pacific, along with your failed state is irrelevant. Even Poland means more to the world than your shitty little rock in the ocean. And despite the staggering irrelevancy of the region, Indonesia still is more important than the beach chads and 420 surfer LMAO fags you have
>>
>>323658931
That's why it would be limited. The death stack mechanic of earlier Civs was legitimately bad, but the 1UPT is hardly perfect either.
>>
>>323658440
You could also have scout-type units regain health naturally so you could comfortably explore.
>>
>>323658490
Developed by From in a Souls-like style :^)
>>
File: MasterofWonders.jpg (2 MB, 3024x2032) Image search: [Google]
MasterofWonders.jpg
2 MB, 3024x2032
>>323658815
>Honestly I wouldn't fight if they made the fights more intense with some input from you. Like if a battlefield screen opens and it's a small map where you command a bunch of troops similiar to Total War but turn based

You might like Master of Magic or Age of Wonders.
>>
>>323661512
>Change city maintenance costs so that new cities are not instantly profitable regarding science/culture
As far as science value goes, new cities aren't instantly profitable after a certain point.
>>
I'd stop the auto-improve tiles on workers from BUILDING FUCKING ROADS STOP YOU CUNTS THERES LIKE FIFTY BILLION RESOURCES AND I'M RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF MAKING A HARBOUR FOR THAT CITY
>>
>>323665964
>auto-improve
I've never used that.
>>
File: 1440868550961.jpg (250 KB, 661x716) Image search: [Google]
1440868550961.jpg
250 KB, 661x716
Make a HoMM III mod out of it.

>Civilizations are replaced by alignments and couple different heroes for each one to pick from.
>City borders also change the tileset when it expands. Inferno cities turn tiles into volcanic ones for example.
>Luxury resources replaced by resource mines
>Barbarians replaced by random neutral units
>Wonders are replaced by artifacts
>Policies and culture are replaced by skills and experience
>Great people replaced by misc heroes from the game with different abilities as a unit.
>Research not necessarily scientific. More in tune with HoMM and unlocks buildings and dwellings.
>Victory conditions would be domination, finding the grail and building it in your capital, assembling certain artifacts like cloak of the undead king, etc.

One man can dream
>>
>>323657391
>better AI, seriously its 2016 already there are no explanations of "muhh creating ai for strategy games is too hard". Especially when everyone uses 64bit os
>more and better diplomacy, more choices like enslavement
>expanded multi-culturism system " too many sandniggers in your kingdom? give an order to exterminate them and cause them to fight back"
>1 unit per tile was fine
>do not punish players who want to play agressively
>proper future, with mechs, lasers and space ships
>option to lock game to specific age, ie i'd like to start game in stoneage but end at medieval age
>more race diversity and more varied units
>>
File: 1447294601526.jpg (13 KB, 240x150) Image search: [Google]
1447294601526.jpg
13 KB, 240x150
>>323666096
>more and better diplomacy
>do not punish players who want to play agressively
>>
>>323666026
>Rampart
>Leader. Mephala
>UA: Military Units take 25% less damage
>UB: Treasury, replaces market. +25% gold and +1 gold from forested hills.
>UU: Grand Elf, replaces crossbowman. Fires twice.
>>
I would like to see army costs (both recruitment and upkeep) massively increased. Right now you can just spam your strongest unit without any major penalties. More expensive units would require a more tactical approach as you wouldn't want to sacrifice your troops for nothing.
>>
>>323666004
the best part about it is if enemies turn up within a few spaces of them they auto run to the nearest safe tile to avoid getting captured, pretty helpful when you're surrounded by fifty barbarian camps
>>
>>323666321
>Not going for Sandro for that delicious undead morale

Gonna build and annex as much cities as I want
>>
>>323657654
>Choosing square over hex

:/
>>
>>323665849
master of magic is such a baller game, too bad it is really old, bit clunky to control and with AI that just doesnt hold up
>>
WHO IS THE CUTEST CIV?
>>
>>323666804
Isabella even though she's a major cunt
>>
>>323662019

Just this for me really, the game does a lot of things right, but after a while the AI becomes very predictable and easy to beat.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (88 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
88 KB, 1280x720
>>323666804
This right here
>>
File: 1452296970483.gif (3 MB, 200x180) Image search: [Google]
1452296970483.gif
3 MB, 200x180
>Steel wins battles, gold wins wars.

Who else just loves amassing huge amounts of gold just to buy everything instead of building anything but wonders?
>>
>>323666982
I've yet to find a game where going full jew doesn't work.
>>
>>323665849
While this is exactly what I wanted in terms of gameplay, I'm not a big fan of magic in my Civs, I keep that for HOMAM. Already played those and they're solid games for a few replays indeed though
>>
File: mou~! Anon-san no baka!.jpg (52 KB, 530x350) Image search: [Google]
mou~! Anon-san no baka!.jpg
52 KB, 530x350
>>323666804
Isabella. Somehow she looks even more CUTE when she is angry and pouting.

Biggest slut is either Russia or >>323666963
>>
Rise of mankind/ caveman to cosmos mods
>>
It has too many issues to be "Fixed"
They dumbed it down for steam peasants and now it's ruined, they removed all strategy in exchange for filling the game with busy work.
I'd say scrap the whole fucking thing and iterate from civ4.
>>
What I want is a way to make units travel together. Missionaries w/ soldier u, for example. They don't need to stack either, just stay close of one another. I hate having to personally click on the tiles when their destination is the same.
>>
I'm not sure, just because a lot of the issues with civ5 were issues with every other civ just to a lesser extent.
So clearly even firaxis doesn't know how to fix it, or they just don't give a shit about things like diplomacy and terrain generation.
>>
>>323667054
>Playing Venice on some islands map
>Spawn on a pretty comfy island with a qt lagoon in the middle of an ocean
>No contact with other civs save for Sweden who becomes my bro
>Get some pretty radical wonders, Colossus ofc
>Start exploring the world and find lotsa other civs and city states
>Never annex any cs
>All the other civs start to bully poor me, not a turn goes by without someone insulting the most serene doge
>Even Sweden, my trusted ally turns against me
>Keep buying cs friendship with shekels
>Fight off multiple defensive wars that other civs declare on you for building the wonder they wanted or choosing the wrong ideology
>Everyone laughs at weak little Venice
>Start planning my endgame
>Buil- buy tens of nukes, warships, subs
>Sail them off in silence
>Get voted the leader of the world
>The very next day nuclear missiles are launched, warship armadas barrage down everything in sight, fleets of bombers level cities
>All over the world, no civilization is spared
>Every slight remembered, every grudge avenged
>The once proud civilizations now occupy nuclear wastelands
>Hundreds of millions dead
>>
>>323666743

Who /boudica/ here ?
>>
>>323667408
Theodora is NOT a slut.
>>
>>323667668

Fuck. Quoted the wrong anon.
>>
>>323666026
Why people hate on IV again? I think it has the loveliest sprites and multiple heros on the battlefield is atleast a fresh idea that allowed for some great RPG custom maps.
>>
>>323661887
too fucking ugly
I am spoiled by Civs 4 and 5
>>
>>323667757
Tedious growth, looks incredibly bad, imbalance of heroes on the battlefield, bad combat due to different creature sizes where your cursor aligns to different parts of the creature at different times.

3=2>5>1>7>6>powergap>8>powergap>4
>>
>>323667745
I almost felt happy for a second when someone replied to my master of magic post
>>
>>323667757
Dumbed down unit tiers and dwellings, AI doesn't really understand the game, but most of all; not muh HoMM III
>>
File: Double Donald.png (181 KB, 439x326) Image search: [Google]
Double Donald.png
181 KB, 439x326
>>323667679
>as for Theodora, the reader is treated to a detailed and titillating portrayal of vulgarity and insatiable lust, combined with shrewish and calculating mean-spiritedness

>Lynda Garland in "Byzantine Empresses: Women and Power in Byzantium, AD 527–1204" notes that there seems to be little reason to believe she worked out of a brothel "managed by a pimp". Employment as an actress at the time would include both "indecent exhibitions on stage" and providing sexual services off stage. In what Garland calls the "sleazy entertainment business in the capital", Theodora earned her living by a combination of her theatrical and sexual skills.

Looks like she wasn't just a slut but a stripper and a whore, too.
>>
>>323668193
Biased history. She was pure.
>>
File: moma.jpg (84 KB, 897x792) Image search: [Google]
moma.jpg
84 KB, 897x792
>2016
>people still pretend Civ5 is bad to get oldfag cred
>on an anonymous hentai forum
>>
>>323668328
You sure convinced me to drop my sourced arguments with your hot opinions.
>>
>>323664683
The ai moves planes between cities every turn, and it WATCHES this.
>>
What's the latest civ5 patch #?
>>
Who /switchofftimevictory/ here?
>>
>>323657391
>Bring back charts
>Happiness should be by city, not by civilization.
>Bring back technology trading and make trading more nuanced.
>Reduce number of religions
>Allow culture to capture enemy tiles and city.
>Make tile improvements more meaningful
>fix the clunkiness of everything.
>nerf artillery buff cavelry
>>
File: 1447267854403.png (325 KB, 382x417) Image search: [Google]
1447267854403.png
325 KB, 382x417
>>323668773
>reaching time victory
>>
>>323657391

Increased options for open borders. I'm really fucking tired of seeing an entire army move through my land, as well as stupid missionaries when the only reason I want open borders is for trade and culture
>>
>Play a game on standard
>Have nukes by the 80's
>Play a game on quick
>Have nukes finished around 2020

Huh? I literally did all the same shit in both games.
>>
>>323662081
dude paradox interactive
>>
>>323668439
Your source is a book written by a political opponent
>>
>>323663635
Is there even a legit reason to play as Germany? The 67% chance to recruit barbs seems only viable in the very beginning, as well as lame in comparison because there are civs who have bonuses that benefit them every turn
>>
>>323663723
download the historical project mod and you can enjoy your imperialist fantasies
>>323664037
no it never has that's why they were so evil
>>
>>323669493
Bullshit. You can't kill anyone and make a rightous white utopia, nor can you easily exterminate sand nigger and gook religion unlike history has shown. Christianity is the one true faith yet is treated as a normal bullshit faith.
>>
>>323669621
>historical project mod
Literally a meme mod from /gsg/ that basically is REMOVE KEBAB XD XDXD SERBIA STRONG XD
>>
>>323669665
>>323669757
I CAME HERE TO POST THIS:
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/lets-remove-kebab-in-eu-3-mare-apertum-return-of-serbia-strong.78585/
>>
>>323669586
Land maintenance.

Also their UB they got in bnw is pretty insane.
>>
>>323667643
brutal
>>
>>323657391
More exclusive units for each nation, bigger fucking maps. Better A.I.s (not just smarter).

And maybe a turn based combat alike Mighty and Magic 3 instead of that dumb thing they use.
>>
>>323657391
by playing endless legend and forgetting about civ5
>>
>>323665849
>>323666026
Which age of wonder is better for me if I like jacking off to faggot elf superiority?
>>
>>323670410
Dark elves have Lady of Pains and other Elves have Nymphs that can seduce other creatures in Age of Wonders 1.
>>
>>323670556
Oh yea I forgot to ask if HoMM3 had good amounts of elf faggotry as well.
>>
rance mode
take the women leave the civ but kill their deplomacy
>>
>>323670339
Enjoy the crushing boredom of being too strong (aka 2 cities or more)
>>
>>323670647
The elf faction in Homm3 only has 1/7 elven units, the archer.
Heroes are divided between Dwarves, Humans and Elves.

If you specifically want elves you're better off with Master of Magic or Age of Wonders.

In Master of Magic Dark Elves are one of the 4 super races. All of their units fire magic missiles, their spearmen are essentially Jaffa from Stargate.
>>
>>323667643
I love Civ stories.
>>
Its not broken faggot

Jesus this board desu
>>
>>323668682
Anyone?

Is 1.0.3.144 the latest patch?
>>
desu
>>
>>323668682
If you have it on Steam it doesn't matter since it's automatically updated. If you pirated it, you can off yourself m8.
>>
>>323672515
Disgusting
>>
>>323658237
>>323658415
Yes, unit stacking with a hard limit. Civ3 had armies where you could join a few units into 1 super unit that attacked as one. This would probably solve all the problems with the combat like having traffic jams, AI inability to manage forces, or turtling in general. It should have been a general specific function.
>>
When do you think they will announce Civ VI?
>in b4 somebody thinking BE isn't dead
>>
>>323670797
Pegasus riders are also elves, I think.
>>
>>323671214
you're right

it's just shit
>>
>>323674606
BE was doa. It honestly would have been better if it was just a texture swap of bnw.
>>
>>323657391
By buying G&K and BNW.
>>
>>323657391
allowing military units to stack by 2

literally and actually fixed
>>
File: 1325180350843.jpg (154 KB, 300x550) Image search: [Google]
1325180350843.jpg
154 KB, 300x550
>Get early submarines
>Place them around the borders of a random civ
>Start a war and blow up all ships
>Peace treaty
>Repeat

No better feeling
>>
File: 1415955706132.png (222 KB, 317x481) Image search: [Google]
1415955706132.png
222 KB, 317x481
Is he history's greatest man?
>>
never played the past games
but when you stack a unit
can you move that stack as one
or do you still have to move them all one by one
>>
>>323674623
Oh right yeah most likely.
>>
Make other win conditions besides space race/domination actually worthwhile/attainable.

There is no point in any other win condition.
>>
>>323664553
>Release Caveman2Cosmos for it.

Are there actually any good big mods for Civ5 that aren't just unofficial fixes and shit?
>>
>>323675848
>Get new submarine in a city with a bunch of +XP effects
>wolfpack I
>wolfpack II
>wolfpack III
>everything it attacks dies instantaneously

War was never the same
>>
Add Armies from Revolution and Army stacking.

I really miss this feature. Could have been so good in Civ V
>>
Make peace agreements take longer to go through/be possible.

Niggers who just steamroll a city then peace treaties immediately until they can reposition for the next attack on another city is lame as fuck.
>>
Just fix the diplomacy, fix the retarded ai, maybe add tech trading and HOLY FUCK OPTIMIZE THE GAME SO LATE TURNS DON'T TAKE FOREVER
>>
>>323676503
But anon, all you have to do to make the load time smaller is kill more people.

:)
>>
This is probably a really minor nitpick in the grand scheme of things, but in my last playthrough it really pulled me out of it. When I was moving my armies around I would have a plan of which order I would move them in my head (I'm gonna move this guy here, which lets me move this guy to take his place, which lets me...). But then every time I finished moving a unit, the game would automatically snap control and the camera to some random unit that was on the other side of the map, throwing me off from what I had in mind. Maybe there's already a mod to fix this, or there's even an option that does something about it, but holy shit was it tedious the way it is by default.
>>
>>323676035
No more stacks, it's one unit per tile in Civ 5
>>
>>323676101
But Diplomatic win is the easiest.
>>
>>323657391
Play it with friends.
>>
File: 2016-01-12_00001.jpg (493 KB, 1914x1051) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-12_00001.jpg
493 KB, 1914x1051
I think I'm screwed already
>>
Make diplomacy not shit.

There's a mod that adds some of the diplo options from IV back into V but I can never get it to work
>>
>>323670410
AoW1 dark elves, the entire campaign is focused around killing the humans because they're evil vikings with guns who killed your father.
>>
>>323657712
I'm so glad i don't have such shit taste as you.
>>
>>323657391
Actually have working diplomacy
AI turns after 100-300 don't last several minutes
>>
Land reclamation
>>
>>323676908
Fucking diplomatic victory. Every time a civ starts building up votes for himself I get paranoid and start building nukes.
>>
Remove 1 unit per tile mechanic and replace it with piled unit mechanics (including including bonus, malus, unlocking more unit per tile with tech, etc...) so you aren't spending 10 minutes per turn moving little soldiers.

Reintroduce per city happiness so you have actual malus long term for taking cities and having a too big empire, malus you can decrease with building stuffs and all. Happyness of city is proportional with prod/etc... Global happiness is now "approval", used for passing new ideologies or doing certain diplomatic moves (declaring war while in democracy require approval).

Make a better AI for those who like solo.

Less bugs.

No steam only, because you shouldn't have to install this piece of crap if you want to play a PC game.
>>
Domestication
>>
the ability to brutally suppress any uprising, revolt, or unhappiness from your own and captured cities whether they be annexed or turned into puppets
>>
>>323664292
there's a mod that lets you stack infinite units together
>>
Cities should have much less health later on
>>
>>323679764
whats it called nigga
>>
>>323676908
BNW made Diplomatic victory so absurdly easy you can almost get it accidentally by going science.
>>
>>323678645
you can
>>
>>323679898

Get good.

But melee units shouldn't instantly melt when they attack cities. The only viable strategy is a few blocking/capturing melee units and then hordes of crossbows/artillery/rockets.
>>
>>323680441
>anon post a thing that makes the game too easy for him
>get good
Kill yourself

>But melee units shouldn't instantly melt when they attack cities. The only viable strategy is a few blocking/capturing melee units and then hordes of crossbows/artillery/rockets.
Get good
>>
File: 1327218492636.jpg (43 KB, 499x382) Image search: [Google]
1327218492636.jpg
43 KB, 499x382
>Friend rushes battleships because he's a frigate spamming fuccboi
>You rushed submarines
>>
>>323680560

If he actually has to defend his cities late game, he sucks. He was obviously referring to attacking AI cities, unless, of course, he sucks.

>>But melee units shouldn't instantly melt when they attack cities. The only viable strategy is a few blocking/capturing melee units and then hordes of crossbows/artillery/rockets.
>Get good

You must be that anon, or you wouldn't be this mad.
>>
>>323681097
>tfw no one to play online with
>>
>>323676110
R.E.D WW2 is the only really "big" mod for Civ 5.
Caveman2Cosmos single handily made Civ4 the best Civ game to date.
I just wish I had the fucking computer to play through all of it, lol.
>>
>>323657391
>Prince and below
>AI hands you victory
>never makes more than two city state allies, stops research at industrial era, and drives every civ's economy to garbage by mid game
>King and above
>AI colludes to stop you regardless of win conditions
>all other civs have 9 cities by turn 150 on epic with no unhappiness
>at least two civs will be at constant war with you, pumping out more units than possible with their shitty city placement
>spy on their cities and see they have no trade routes and only two mints, but somehow +92 gpt
>one civ rushing science as everyone makes research agreements with them
>another spams unobtainable amounts of missionaries and gold to ally all the city states on the map and rush the UN
I just want a middle ground. I'm fine with being shit at the game, but fucking scale this better.
>>
>>323657391

i want a 'Convert or Die!' option for diplomacy. over my Civ 5 career i have started more wars over them popping great prophets on my cities than resources
>>
>>323683313
That's because higher difficulties still have the same shitty AI, so to counter-act that they just give them giant bonuses to everything.
It's simply bad game design.
>>
>>323657391
Subdivid grid and rebalance accordingly
Improve combat
Improve Diplo
>>
>>323683313
>anything below immortal
>hard

baka desu senpai
>>
File: mongolhorde.png (2 MB, 1381x1008) Image search: [Google]
mongolhorde.png
2 MB, 1381x1008
>>323683313
>>King and above
eh?
Even emperor is pretty kind to you and you can get religion without a religion civ.

Deity is playable, but it can be pretty bs.
>>
File: War3.png (447 KB, 1223x817) Image search: [Google]
War3.png
447 KB, 1223x817
>>323684725
>but it can be pretty bs.
>>
File: cow tools.jpg (389 KB, 1671x998) Image search: [Google]
cow tools.jpg
389 KB, 1671x998
hows my starting position?
>>
>>323666550
gameplay-wise they're actually octagons, methinks
>>
>>323665595
BTFO
>>
>>323669586
I'm playing a team game with a friend right now where I'm Germany and he's England where we went around early game destroying barbarian encampments together, but he would let me get the last hit so we could build up a big army early on. I would gift him any extra units I didn't need/couldn't afford, and my armies combined with his OP longbowmen let us knock out team Rome/Greece from the game right as world Congress was founded, and let us take control of it from Rome.
>>
>>323657391
By playing the better predecessor, Civ IV,
>>
>>323657391
Add a comfy "roleplay" mode, where each civs has different objectives and cooperation is encouraged. Maybe with an emphasis on scenarios in order for it to make some sense.
>>
>>323686281
Civ IV is shit m8
>>
File: 1375249483462.png (2 MB, 1573x3904) Image search: [Google]
1375249483462.png
2 MB, 1573x3904
>>
The uninstaller worked pretty well for me.
>>
>>323685674
P E T R A
E
T
R
A

its aight depends a lot on where the points of entry are but forests are always nice for the early chop hammers.
>>
>Tfw way too difficult for me

How do you fags do it
>>
>>323687456

short answer: autism

long answer: learning 1 mechanic at a time
>>
>>323687456

Also learning combat to the point when you can cheese ai armies of doom with a handful of well used units.
>>
>>323687761

this. a simple setup of melee units in front, ranged in the back is enough to stop most hordes. specially if you can use geography to your advantage.

the AI is also incapable of using navy effectively and almost never uses air
>>
>>323657391
Install brave new world.
>>
>>323657391
Install both addons and play with them.
There, done.

>>323657654
That's only an alternative if you can still bear SoDs.
>>
>>323687883

and final note before i go. don't forget melee units. i can't count the number of times i've setup a capture on a city and didn't have any melee units nearby. or at all

also once you get Great War Infantry, they start to become stronger than their ranged counterpart Gatling Gun
>>
>>323661512
Forget her tits why are her shoulders so SQUARE? she is part spongebob
>>
Fuck yourself, now i can't help but notice it everytime.
>>
>>323676989

>no sea resources

what were you thinking
>>
>>323689002
I couldn't find any and the best place I could find was there with the river. It's easily defended, at least, thanks to all the mountains.
>>
>>323674606
not before 2017.
They are still working on XCOM2 and the inevitable add-on.
>>
>>323676989
>Songhai
>Mongolia

RIP anon
>>
>>323684934
Did you expect anything else from a true start locations mod? Of course Africa and the Americas will dominate. They have all the land and barely any competition.
>>
>>323682117
>Caveman2Cosmos single handily made Civ4 the best Civ game to date.

Well there was also Fall from Heaven 2, but that was doing it's own thing and clearly inspired Endless Legend.
>>
>>323657391
>Improve AI a LOT
>Make multiplayer connectivity less retarded
>Limit number of troops you can control so multiplayer games don't take fucking forever
>Allow people to use mods in multiplayer without ridiculous workarounds
>Allow people to use mods without disabling achievements
>>
File: Losha Valas.jpg (306 KB, 800x687) Image search: [Google]
Losha Valas.jpg
306 KB, 800x687
make a Fall From Heaven for it
>>
>>323685674
delicious petra and sand pantheon start
>>
>>323689807
Aztecs and Mayans were chumps.
Problem is Inca because Inca is fucking insane.
>>
>>323657391
the game is very cozy, it just needs to be more challenging. Increasing difficulty doesn't make the AI any smarter, just gives them basically infinite resources. I fucking hate that shit.
>>
>Mfw get Submarines in 1700

Damn this game is terribly unbalanced
>>
File: 1389053784913.png (73 KB, 247x248) Image search: [Google]
1389053784913.png
73 KB, 247x248
>>323657391
having your spies in your cities prevents techs from being stolen, but the limit for spies is your number of cities. it's frustrating just watching civs steal your techs when you already have your spy in it and the anti spy buildings. it's rng and all they get is a slap on the wrist if they fail. this also means spying on another civ opens up your cities for having techs stolen so i think it's a good balance.

overhaul diplomatic victory. every other victory changes your playstyle significantly, but diplomatic victory is literally just saving gold and buying city states the turn before world congress.

fix netcode
add multiplayer mod support
better ai
>>
>>323690367
they should have made petra affect all desert tiles in your civ and not just one city
>>
Remove, nerf, or drastically rework social policies

Reintroduce and expand civics. That system had far more potential
>>
>>323690714
>Mexico and Central America is a tiny strip of land
What did you expect? Same with your good friends the Danish. They probably own about two or three tiles.

>>323691359
>playing Prince
>>
>>323691767
too overpowered

What we need is a snow Petra
>>
>>323661512
>bags of milky sand
>>
>>323693425
Reforestation mod allows you to plant forest on snow.
>>
Ability to build bridges that act as roads.

So you can connect two islands.
>>
REINSTALLING

Everyone post your go-to comfy setup

>Celts
>Continents
>Disable time victory
>Go for science or diplomacy
>>
>>323695194
the jew from venice
any map really
>>
by cancelling the franchize
>>
>>323693331
>Mexico and Central America is a tiny strip of land
You know there's a usa and canada north of mexico right?
>What did you expect?
I expected Inca to do well because they are inca?
>>
>>323694725
There's a mod for that
>>
>>323657391
More micromanagement
Stacking units

there fixed
>>
You should have the ability to raze ALL cities.

Fuck city states that are in shit positions I need to take over

Fuck Holy Capitals spreading shit religions everywhere

and fuck other capitals, I want to wipe your disgusting race off the face of the earth so nobody remembers you ever existed
>>
>>323696125

being able to raze city states would make War too powerful a counter to Diplomacy
>>
>>323658408

Seriously though why does multiplayer crash so much?

It's ruined more than a few game nights with my friends.
Thread replies: 246
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.