[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which one is Le best
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 217
Thread images: 55
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1000x1000
Which one is Le best
>>
BB>DeS>>>>>>>>>>>> the rest
>>
>>323657459

DaS surpassed DeS in every way though.

BB still number 1 though
>>
>>323657459
Wonder who is behind this post.
>>
I don't know why this board overhypes BB so much. I liked it but I don't think it was that amazing relative to the others.
>>
>>323657617
Because it fixed some shit that plagued DaS, which was already great.
>>
File: 1451579297743.gif (3 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1451579297743.gif
3 MB, 480x270
>>323657245
Dark Souls 3 beta > SOTFS = DaS before killing O&S > BB > DaS after killing O&S > DeS > DaS2.
I'm so fucking hyped for my DaS3 CE, holy shit that stress test beta just felt perfect.
>>
BB with DLC is the highest point of series.
DS2 is the lowest.
Both DeS and DS1 are in between but i can't say for sure where they are, i like both of them.
>>
The best is whichever one you played first. Alternatively, if you own a ps4 you'll say BB out of obligation.
>>
Slaaaya of Demons or the Good Hoontah are arguably the strongest.

Good Hunter is faster than any of the others by a significant margin, and has near bottomless stamina.
Slayer of Demons has bullshit broken magic like Warding and Second Chance.
>>
>>323657774

Holy fucking shit, Second Chance was the fucking worst when it came to PvP. That combined with the butcher knife meant I could charge head first into the biggest fucking damage imaginable and still manage to get a running hit, which would flatten them, and then its just fucking over at that point.
>>
>>323657774
Well lore-wise Good Hunter ends up by far the strongest.

Gameplay-wise we need to decide whether or not we take glitches into equation. If not, then Good Hunter is stronger than the rest simply because it's impossible to stunlock him while everyone up to DS2 can be stunlocked forever, but DS2 protagonist has shit spit, shit movesets and shit damage on all his weapons.
>>
In the end it just comes down to personal preference. They're all good games.

I played dark souls first, then demon's souls, then dark souls 2. My favorite is demon's.

I haven't played bloodborne because it's the only game I want on the PS4 and I cant justify paying that money just for one game.
>>
File: 1.jpg (74 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
74 KB, 680x680
>>323657617
For me it's all of the strictly non-mechanical things that place it at the top of the pack. The setting, lore, atmosphere, soundtrack, enemy design and art direction are infinitely more interesting to me than the standard dark fantasy aesthetic of the past games.
>>
They're all great except DS2.
>>
>>323658107

Even DS2 is a good game by most standards, its just got a lot of shortcomings when it comes to the souls series.
>>
>>323658107
DS2 is great.
>>
DaS > DeS > BB > DaS2
>>
>>323658078
But it's just Lovecraftian stuff done like hundreds of other games, with a hint of ayyy lmao thrown in at the end.
>>
>Setting and NPCs
Des>BB>Das>Das2

Gameplay
Das>=BB>Des>Das2
>>
>>323657774
How fuckin deluded are BB fags? Are you seriously trying to pass off the casualized gameplay of BB as hurr the main character is stronger XXXDDDD
>>
>>323658474
Like what other games?
>>
>>323657245
DaS>BB=DeS>DaS2
>>
>>323657245

Played Demon'S Souls firsst o:

DeS>BB=DaS>DaS2
>>
I'd just like to point out that all of those games are really, really good. Even though they are often judged relative to each other, they're all top tier in the pool of all games.
>>
>>323658557
>bloodborne
>casualised

/v/ you need to go outside, get a grip.
>>
Rating just in terms of total enjoyment over the years, haven't played Old Hunters yet

DeS>SotFS>DS1>BB
>>
>>323657245
Demons souls
I'd say dark is good as well but there are hang ups and issues with dark that there weren't in demons and vice versa.
In the end demons is still the better game.
In every respect. Even level design.
An open world in das was cool but the scope of the land meant things that were fleshed out and enormous in demons were small sightseeing tours in das

As far as bloodborne goes I haven't played it yet
>>
File: welcome to dark souls.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
welcome to dark souls.webm
3 MB, 640x360
Dark Souls 2 SOTFS of course (the original version isn't to be accounted for).
>best controls
>best playstyle variety with tons of different weapons and spells to mix and match between, there's still new and creative builds being thought up to this day
>on top of that^, it has the most content by far, the largest world to explore as well as the most enemy types and different bosses to slay
>there will be someone crying about how all the bosses are just reskins and knights, so I'll at least add that the amount of great bosses in SOTFS vastly outweigh the amount of decent bosses in the other games, fucking fite me 1v1 about it faget
>best graphics/atmosphere as well as beautiful, varied environments, and top tier armor designs with pretty details everywhere
The SINGLE downside I can think of is Soul Memory which is still making it annoying to play even with friends until higher levels where the gap gets so huge that it doesn't matter anymore.

This said, I think DaS3 will be better.
>>
Going back to DaS2 after BB, and it plays like clunky shit. I can't be the only one who thinks this. Is the original DaS this bad or am I losing it?
>>
>>323657245
Dark Souls 2 was the worst, but I can't make up my mind on the others.
>>
File: 1452401217236.png (165 KB, 554x446) Image search: [Google]
1452401217236.png
165 KB, 554x446
>>323658078
This. A thousand times this.
>>
BB = DS1 > DeS >>> DS2 Ivory King DLC >>>>> DS2 SotFS > DS2
>>
>>323658943
Nope. I just couldn't take it anymore, felt like I was going from Wrath of the Lich King back to Vanilla in terms of gameplay

Also the bosses are so lackluster now except for O&S and DLC bosses
>>
>>323657558
>DaS surpassed DeS in every way though.
>in every way
DS1 has barely any atmosphere and post Anor Londo areas are rushed as all fucks. Demon Ruins and deeper are a DS2 grade embarrassment.
>>
File: 1380300423670.gif (924 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
1380300423670.gif
924 KB, 245x245
>all these babies saying that DaS2 or even SOTFS is in any means worst in the series
Why is /v/ filled with such shit-taste casuals?
>>
>>323658474
>Lovecraftian stuff done like hundreds of other games
Alone in the Dark, Call of Cthulhu and?..
>>
>>323658474
>done like hundreds of other games
Come on man, Dark Souls takes place in generic medieval fantasy land. I don't even think that's a bad thing but surely you must consider Lovecraftian horror to be relatively unique, if nothing else, by comparison

And I'd love to know what other games use a setting like that, I'd be hard pressed to name more than 3, if that.
>>
>>323659442
I just did The last giant and Dragonrider.
The fights felt slow as fuck, and it felt like I was poking them with a stick for about 2 minutes.

Christ. I just hope DaS3 is more like BB.
>>
>>323657245
Bloodborne w/ Old Hunters > Dark Souls PTDE > Dark Souls > Bloodborne > Demon's Souls >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.steaming dog shit > anything Dark Souls 2
>>
>>323658474

>hundreds of other games
>>
>>323660240
this is the only true selection
>>
>>323660240

upvoted
>>
>>323657245
2, 3, 1. In my opinion. I haven't played 4 yet.
>>
>>323660240
Come on now, steaming dog shit is much better than DS2.
>>
>>323658078

Well, maybe if it was on PC like DaS, I could enjoy it. But I can't.
>>
>>323657245
Do you mean the best, or le best?
The best is Demon's Souls, but le best is Dark Souls.
>>
BB>=DaS>DeS>DaS2

Old Hunters is also better than AotA
>>
>>323657245
release order, you can swap bb and das 2 cause das 2 was shit
>>
BB=DaS>DaS2
i never played DeS and don't own a PS3. hoping for a PS4 hd remaster
>>
>>323658474
But Anon, Lovecraftian shit IS ayy lmaos.
>>
Bloodborne = Dark Souls > Demon's Souls > Dark Souls 2
>>
Idk why but I just can't seem to get to into DeS no matter how many times I try. And I've beaten dark souls 2 twice and think it's garbage compared to the others
>>
Can someone tell me what ">=" is supposed to mean when you guys judge these games?
>>
>>323658474
Alone in the Dark (all of them bad games)
Call of Cthulhu (bad game)
And what?
I'm serious. I would be extremely grateful for a Lovecraftian game rec. I can't find shit. Closest thing would be Mass Effect, but the second game shit the bed on that one (they're not all that, they're just bioships that use population masses to reproduce).
>>
>>323662595
It means they can't decide whether it's better than or equal to the following game.
>>
Bloodborne. I can't stand the Dark Souls' fantasy setting.
>>
>>323662607
Eternal Darkness is the only other one that I can come up with
>>
>>323659515
DaS2 and SOTFS especially are easily the worst games in the series though.
Its not even a contest, thats just how it is.
>>
File: 1375830746424.jpg (135 KB, 699x638) Image search: [Google]
1375830746424.jpg
135 KB, 699x638
>games with lovecraftian things in them
Literally anything featureing tentacle monsters looking like Cthulhu.
>>
>>323660240
For me it would be
BB w/ OH > DaS PTDE > BB > DaS > DeS >>>>>>>> DaS2
>>
>>323662981
Oedon is a voice.
>>
>>323663051
and also blood somehow
>>
>>323662981
You'd have to be a retard to think Ebrietas for example looks anything like Cthulhu

>it has tentacles!
>it must be Cthulhu!
>>
Wait so if Bloodborne: The Old Hunters Edition is the best soulsborne does that mean there's no need to play the other ones?
>>
>>323657245
I love them all. I have fun with all of them.
>>
>>323663168
That wasn't my point: Even WoW and Terraria have Lovecraft in them. If Bloodborne is "Lovecraftian themed" for having a little spook and phlagn in it, then these are too.
>>
>>323663236
It's a great DLC, but it doesn't make the game better than Dark Souls 2.

Let that sink in.
>>
>>323663385
>little spook and phlagn
Theres a lot more than just a couple ayy lmaos and tentacles monsters though.

If a game like WoW has lovecraft-ish stuff in them, that doesnt make them lovecraft themed. BB is because theres so much more to it than just a couple enemy designs.
>>323663236
DaS and DeS are great, DaS2 is shit.
>>
File: 1441685599848.png (6 KB, 306x290) Image search: [Google]
1441685599848.png
6 KB, 306x290
I like bloodborne the most, with demon's souls following it

BB is probably the best in the series, the people that say it isn't don't have a ps4 for whatever reason, its the same as how people try to ignore demon's souls cause they never played it or didn't have a ps3.

Having played all of them, BB is also the hardest, but not in good ways, the game gives you basically no options for surviving except your dodging, which doesn't take much stamina, but at the same time the game still has kinda questionable hit boxes and bullshit tracking, so you can still get one shot even at massive hp cause the game has no armor that is worth a shit.

Still though bloodborne is the most fun, and the level design is good and requires strategic approaches to the combat in each section to not get dumped on, though some of the bosses seem more like wars of attrition and mashing, some of the bosses are fun and seem based on skill while others are kinda bullshit and just rush you down with little you can do about except hope to hit stun them before they annihilate you, orphan of kos is a good fight, while laurence is a terrible one that can just shit on you instantly or just stand there and die for example.

tl;dr: bloodborne has good combat but is inconsistent compared to others in the series, with some parts being awesome and other parts being garbage, all of the DLC is for the most part great though, save laurence.
>>
>>323663139
The blood is just Great One jizz.
>>
>>323663438
>Dark souls 2
How can anyone be allowed to have this shitty taste, jesus christ.
>>
File: 1378481724209.gif (242 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1378481724209.gif
242 KB, 500x500
>>323663516
>DaS2 is shit
Based on what, fixed issues like shockwaves and a few weapons breaking durability way too fast?
No, seriously, humor me.
>>
>>323663541
>one shots
I've never gotten one shot on a normal hit on a leveled character.
Counter hits are pumped up in BB, and thus they hurt a bunch
>hitboxes
What hitboxes? BB has the best in the series and I've never had problems with them.
>tracking
I really don't know what enemies you're talking about, since barely any of them have tracking at all.
dodging at the end of their animations always has them swinging somewhere else.
>bosses
It honestly just seems like you need to get gud, not even memeing here.
>>
>>323663828
>need to git gud
Nigga i destroyed the game, and if you haven't noticed the tracking its because you are blind, you can see shitty tracking in the first part of the game with how some enemies will wind up to attack and you dodge behind them and then they turn around like a fucking whirlwind mid attack to hit you while you are trying to punish them

This git gud meme needs to stop, souls games aren't that hard, while they are for the most part well made, from software is far from perfect, just play any of their other fucking games at all.

I bet 90% of people that play souls games and think they are gud couldn't even get past the first 5 minutes of a kings field game
>>
>>323663652
>garbage hitboxes
>horrible bosses
>recycled bosses from DaS and DaS2 itself
>level design is boring shit
>world design is downgraded dribble
>weapons are plentiful but each sword has 10 copies of it with minute, tiny differences
>game looks like ass
>combat is sluggish and slow
>it is physically impossible to swing 360 degrees at all times, because the character cant turn around as quick as in other games
>the game has ridiculous tracking on its enemies
>NPC enemies literally cheat the rules of the game
>NPCs were forgettable and boring
>Lore was amateurish dribble
>story was beyond retarded.
>>
>>323663385
>for having a little spook and phlagn
but that's not just what it does
it's horrible monstrosities from THE DEEP that drive people to insanity. BB's focus on bodies of water relating to the great ones is a big deal in how it presents lovecraftian motifs. Even all the focus on the moon relates back to the tides and shit.
>>
>>323664040
Thats why you dodge behind them after the swing is already coming. Of course if you dodge behind them while they're winding up they will swing to where you are, thats in every souls game.

Sounds like from your post, you did have trouble with the game, so it was hard for you. You name some bosses to be bullshit like Laurence, and here I am, watching people kill them with fists only on NG+7 without getting hit once. I've killed him myself at level 4 NG and currently working on him at NG+6 lvl4
>>
File: muh shockwaves.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
muh shockwaves.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>323664045
I'll nibble.
>do you even have one example?
>recycling aside, there's a bigger amount of GOOD bosses in DaS2 than in DaS
>level design is vastly improved with more things to do, more places to see, and the world itself is far better looking graphcially
>absolutely wrong, there are weapons with sameish movesets but there's more weapons with more varied movesets than anything DaS has to offer, along with EVERY SINGLE MOVESET FROM DaS AS WELL
>combat is improved, faster, better controls, more control, everything is just objectively superior
Basically there's nothing you can do in DaS that you can't do in DaS2 better.
>there are a FEW enemies with absurd tracking, i can agree that much
>NPC enemies what? they work the same as before, some are SLIGHTLY harder to backstab fish though
>Creighton and Pate are more interesting than Lautrec and Stitches, what else
>lore is mostly the same guessing game as before
>^
>>
File: It's ogre.png (285 KB, 593x593) Image search: [Google]
It's ogre.png
285 KB, 593x593
>>323663652
>shockwaves
>fixed issues
Babby's first Souls game fans, ladies and gentlemen.
>>
>>323658868
okay that was pretty funny.
>>
>>323664594
Is this SotFS? Looks absolutely beautiful.
>>
>>323664717
looks like it.

Dragon castle-thing was always my favourite.
>>
File: 1404816486833.png (342 KB, 394x394) Image search: [Google]
1404816486833.png
342 KB, 394x394
>thread starts with le and obvious shitposting bait
>reaching 100 replies
>>
It's a tough call. DeS, DaS, and BB are all very close, and some of my favorite games. DaSII isn't a bad game, it's just bad by comparison.

DaS is great all around. Good combat, good PvP, good variety of weapons and armor. It does lose some steam in some of the later levels, but still a fantastic game. I think I still prefer DeS, though. While there are some exploits which can be frustrating, the combat and PvP are so fast paced and fun. The level design, atmosphere, and lore are all top notch. Each world has a certain feeling to it, and they accomplish them flawlessly. The only real drawbacks simply come from being the first in the series, the graphics being the most dated obviously. But yeah, stellar game.
BB lore and atmosphere are absolutely top notch, and the fast paced combat is wonderful. The only real drawbacks for me are the chalice dubgeons and PvP. The chalice dungeons are basically bonus content, so what's to complain about? The fact that gems contribute so much to your damage, and grinding chalices is basically mandatory if you want those top tier gems. Some chalices are actually pretty neat, but for the most part they're supet grindy and repetitive. Also, certain bosses are really poorly designed or optimized for their surroundings.
The gems, especially considering the fact that you have to grind chalices to get them, are also a big problem I have with the pvp. Fights often just come down to who has better gems, as one person will outdamage their opponent by such a wide margin that victory is all but inevitable. Also, and im not sure if it's worse now than in previous games, but the net code feels atrocious. Those two issues coupled with 20 easily spammed blood vials makes the PvP often devolve into something obnoxious.
But while I don't like the PvP as much, everything else about the game is so exceptional that it balances out.
>>
>>323664717
Indeed, and it just happens to be one of the least colorful areas in the game in the webm, and it still looks gorgeous.
>>
>>323664594
>>level design is vastly improved with more things to do, more places to see, and the world itself is far better looking graphcially
You really don't know what level design is then huh. Protip: it's not content, and the graphics in DaS2 were fucking garbage, especially the distance-LOD and density of props in the environments to provide any kind of compelling context.
>>
File: 1452523457733.png (5 KB, 193x200) Image search: [Google]
1452523457733.png
5 KB, 193x200
>>323664594
>same trolling
>same webms
>same tears
DS2 fans are hilariously desperate.

"Here's to (You)"
(Sacco e Vanzetti)
written by Ayyy Lmaorricone and Joan Bait
â„—2016 Universal Music Publishing Ricordi srl.
Universal Music Publishing Ricordi Srl.
>>
>>323664638
I've played a few hundred hours more of DaS than DaS2, and I still think DaS2 is the superior game. Well, SOTFS is at least.

>the ogre
What about it? It's an easy enemy. If you couldn't beat the first one in the tutorial area on your first character, sorry to say, but you're really not good at the genre itself.
>>
File: 1448901440665.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1448901440665.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>323665005
>gets told
>cries about it
>>
>>323665030
>SotFS
>fixing any issues with the game
Smelter is still retarded. Game is still ugly as sin. Iron Keep is worse than vanilla game. Ogres and Pursuer still have magnet grabs. Hex projectile hitboxes are broken.

>and I still think DaS2 is the superior game
Some people think DA:I was the best game of 2014, so?
>>
>>323665004
Then tell me, what is level design if not having somewhere to go other than in a straight forward line and having nothing to look at? Is that what you'd prefer?
DaS2 has objectively more choices of where to go.

Or are you really going to bring up something like enemy placements as argument? Because there's a SINGLE area in the game where this is bullshit: SOTFS Shrine of Amana.
>>
>>323659515
that's how you get those upvotes in the form of replies, by parroting the popular opinion.
even though DaS2 is only a little worse than DaS and overall better than DeS.
>>
File: DaS MAP.png (1001 KB, 3000x2987) Image search: [Google]
DaS MAP.png
1001 KB, 3000x2987
>>323664594
>one webm disproves all the other hundreds of webms from DaS2
okay breh.

>ruin sentinels shield throw
>Not even close. The DLC has a bunch but the base game is fucking garbage in that regard.
>level design
Oh yes, I also believe a floating lava fortress on top of a windmill tower suspended by nothing is superior simply because it looks good.
Have you ever fucking looked at the level design for these games or are you just retarded?
>Still doesnt excuse the fucking retarded amount of copies. What the fuck was the point of those.
>combat
How can you look at the combat in DaS2 and say its faster and has more control over your character when its literally impossible to swing your sword forward and then the next swing backward.
No, you literally cant. You cant swing a basic longsword to your right and instantly turn around for the next swing heading left. You can slightly turn around while swinging but it is nowhere near as free as in all the other games.
>Few
More like fucking MOST of them, including a lot of the bosses.
>NPC enemies
They can animation cancel everything
They can turn around at lightning speeds and have insane tracking
>opinions
>lore
The lore and story in DaS2 was so retarded it hurt.
In DaS, you were given directions where to go, and you figured it out from there.
In DaS2, you seek the king
You see him hollowed, so you somehow realize you need to talk to this dragon for some reason
Then the dragon gives you an item that lets you access memories
Then you go and sit on a rocky throne for some reason.

even the descriptions were full of guess work
>>
Demon's Souls is the most cohesive.
(I haven't played Bloodborne)
>>
File: BB map.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
BB map.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>323665260
>>
>>323665196
>Smelter is still retarded.
It's one of the best bosses in the series, you damn baby. You can even douse its flames with Lloyd Talismans if he's too tough for you.
>Game is still ugly as sin.
And yet it's multiple times better looking graphically in every arguable aspect over DaS. There are plenty of odd looking or even ugly textures in DaS2, sure, but DaS has MANY MANY MORE.
Objectively, the graphics are upgraded because the entire engine is upgraded.
>Iron Keep
It's the same with one or two more knights, so what? You can still run through it on your first try without taking much damage. I would know because I did this last night.
>magnet grabs
It's happened me once or twice in vanilla DaS2, yeah. Even there it's been patched, and it never happened me in SOTFS.
>Hexes are broken
Most people don't have problems dodging any of them though...
>>
>>323665104
>modelswap.webm
>>
File: DaS 2 map.jpg (399 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DaS 2 map.jpg
399 KB, 1920x1080
>>323665260
>>323665452
See a pattern here?

DaS and BB are interconnected, beatifully crafted world where everything clicks together cohesively.

In DaS2, you enter almost every area by a tunnel, a straight path that leads you out of that previous area entirely. You can't see distant landmarks, you can't see familiar geography, nothing.
>b-b-but Heides!
>b-b-but Drangleic Castle

2D cardboard cutouts are not the same as those things actually being there.

Yes, DaS2 has the most areas in any souls game. That doesnt make it have better design.

DaS2 fags simply forget that Quality>Quantity everytime. Every fucking time someone argues for DaS2, they always bring up how big the game and how much there is to do.
It doesnt fucking matter when the core gameplay and core design of the world is so hilariously bad it makes you want to cry.
>>
bloodborne desu
>>
DES, DAS, and DAS2 are just WoW tier convoluted world-origins fantasy setting. Medieval knights and Giants fighting for magic fire that created the world? Also slow and passive as fuck.

BB is at least a 60% normal world corrupted by humans exploiting Old Gods. And has actually active gameplay.
>>
>>323657245
Dark souls 1 obviously. Bloodborne is awesome too. Darksouls 2 sucked and I've never played demon souls
>>
File: 1396624053369.gif (31 KB, 193x217) Image search: [Google]
1396624053369.gif
31 KB, 193x217
DaS>BB=DeS>DaS2
personally
>>
>>323665632
>You can't see distant landmarks, you can't see familiar geography
only time you could in DaS was in Tomb of Giants, and DeS never did that because worlds were just separated by portals.
>>
>>323665534
>It's one of the best bosses in the series
This is what DS2 apologists believe? Fascinating.
>And yet it's multiple times better looking graphically in every arguable aspect over DaS.
That's simply untrue because unlike DS1 DS2 doesn't have specular maps on 99% of meshes. They were cut during downgrade. Equipment textures in DS1 are obviously superior to anything in DS2.
>Objectively, the graphics are upgraded because the entire engine is upgraded.
Cute, you're forgetting about the downgrade completely. Bet you think Woods of Giants is the best looking area in the game too.
>two more knights
LMAO
>Works on my machine
>Never happened to me
>You can ignore it so it's not a problem
My favorite /v/ quotes. Wait, this isn't "dumb shit /v/ says thread"...
>>
>>323658078
yep this

it just engages me more than DS
>>
>>323657245
demons souls for me but i admit is not objectively better, its more the impact it had on me, how a modern game could actually be hard and make me mad, and then one day something clicked and i just got good, demons souls will always have a place in my heart, something that not even by correcting all of its flaws on a modern game will be enough to make it seem better in my mind.
>>
>>323658474
What this guy said >>323662176
If you knew anything then you'd know that Lovecraftian monsters are aliens.
>>
>>323665831
You can see Blighttown from Firelink
You can see the dome of Izalith from Demon Ruins

I didn't post about DeS

You can see Old Yharnam from the ladder leading to Gascoigne
You can see BSBs boss room from the start of the game, the clinic gate
You can see the little bridge after the dog cages from the fireball before Gascoigne
You can see the Astral Clocktower, and the boss room for Living Failures from pretty much anywhere in the river of blood
You can see Cathedral Ward and the monoculars location from the cleric beast bridge
You can see Cainhurst from Hemwick
You can see the whole of Yharnam from Cainhurst
You can see the underwater city of Yharnam from the Fishing Hamlet
You can see the Cleric Beast bridge from Djuras tower
And many, many many more.
>>
File: S3WDjUk.png (106 KB, 752x1000) Image search: [Google]
S3WDjUk.png
106 KB, 752x1000
>>323665260
>ruin sentinels
Can't think of even one problem with them as a boss fight or as a regular enemy. Their easily avoided throwing shield is definitely not one of their issues.
>I guess I'll start listing them next post
>>level design
Hey, all of Iron Keep is at least better than anything about the Demon Ruins or Lost Izalith. Got any other example that isn't the most cherrypicked one of them all?
I also wish I had saved the better drawn example image I saw a few days ago on /v/. This will have to do for this post.
>swinging
But I literally can by just switching targets or toggling targeting off for the moment. But you're too stupid for basic gameplay mechanics, it seems.
>few
Yes, indeed, a very few. I can't actually think of an example right now, that's how few there are. A ton of them were fixed with patching/SOTFS, as already mentioned.
>He has trouble fighting NPC enemies
Just swing in their general direction, what?

>Thanks for the system error 4chan.
Trying again...
>>
>>323665831
>DeS never did that
You can see 1-x from 2-1, actually.
>>
>>323666541
You can see 5 from 3 as well. Valley of Defilement gets shit spilling out of Latria.
>>
>>323666447
>still defending Iron Keep
>still posting that retarded pic
How does it feel being told by A FUCKING GAME DIRECTOR?
http://peterbarnard1984.tumblr.com/post/113787568485/dark-souls-2-design-works-translation-part-2

When will apologists finally understand that even devs confessed the game is a rushed mess and no amount of wishful thinking and handwaving will make it not true?
>>
>>323666182
>You can see BSBs boss room from the start of the game, the clinic gate

how the fuck

>You can see Blighttown from Firelink
>You can see the dome of Izalith from Demon Ruins

I'd say it's more of the little things in DaS1. You can see Anor Londo from a bunch of areas in the game. Undead Burg is very connected, you can see all the previous and upcoming areas from the start. You can actually jump down to the Capra Demon and fight him as your first boss if you're careful. You can see the Blacksmith's house, Sen's Fortress and some other things from the top of the bell tower. The fact that it's all very logic and well-planned. DaS2 meanwhile is a clusterfuck of geography and level design, without any of the clever shortcuts and like 8 zones overlapping on top of each other.
>>
File: Based.jpg (51 KB, 1012x564) Image search: [Google]
Based.jpg
51 KB, 1012x564
I don't really know how to rank them, besides DaS2 being the worst
I like each one for different reasons and they don't really outshine each other too much.
That being said i go back to DaS2 more than the others, mostly due to the amount of content and equipment variety, I still haven't played the BB expansion and half of sotfs dlc.
>>
File: 1452561599805.gif (1 MB, 400x200) Image search: [Google]
1452561599805.gif
1 MB, 400x200
dont lie to yourselves, you know what the best is
>>
>>323666447
The hitbox is the issue dumbass
I dont have that one webm but that hitbox is definitely broken, not to mention all the other ones that get posted around a lot.

I dont even need to pick out areas from DaS2 to shit on, almost all of them were linear as fuck.
Aldias keep
Heides
Huntsmans copse
Harvest valley
Gutter
all of the "challenge areas" from the DLCs
shaded woods
doors of pharros
Drangleic castle
Undead crypt
Dragon shrine
Dark Chasms
The memories

While the game does have a couple good areas, it has nowhere near the amount of good areas that BB or DaS have, not to mention the level design is still worse in the "good" areas.

>switching targets
If a target is in front of you, and another is behind you
It is literally impossible to combo 2 R1 swings, so that you hit the enemy in front, and the enemy in the back

The character just doesnt turn around. Yeah you can take a second to reset the drawback animation of your swing and then turn around but thats not the same thing.

>he has trouble
Never said that you incredible faggot, I said that the NPCs dont follow the rules and mechanics that the game puts on you, the player. Not to mention they have more health and poise than the player could ever get themselves.
>>
File: 2016-01-12_00005.jpg (635 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-12_00005.jpg
635 KB, 1920x1080
>Good DaS bosses
Asylum Demon (first time only as a tutorial boss)
Bell Gargoyles
Kalameet
Quelaag (until you realize that you only need to stand next to her most of the fight)
Priscilla
O&S
Gaping Dragon
Nito
Artorias
Manus
Sif (first time)
Taurus (first time)
>12-4, so 12 for the first time, 8 for replay

>Good DaS2 bosses
Last Giant
Pursuer (one minus for being repeated too much in SOTFS though)
Executioner's Chariot
LKG
Lost Sinner
Ruin Sentinels
Big Rat
Najka (a good fight, although she IS just Quelaag 2.0)
Freja
Mytha
Rotten
Old Dragonslayer (same as Najka, it's an entertaining fight EVEN THOUGH he's just half of O&S)
Smelter
OIK is still one of the badassest looking dudes
Demon of Song
Velsdadt is almost worth an extra point
Darklurker
Sinh
Fume Knight
Sir Alonne
Burnt Ivory King
Aava
>22

I absolutely hate all the other bosses in both games. I regard both games as 8/10 though.

I WAS gonna take pictures, but for some reason the gamma is dark as fuck when I screencap. Wtf.
>>
>>323666750
>the game is a rushed mess
But DaS post Anor Londo was also a rushed mess, if not more than anything in DaS2.
DaS2's standard is around the level of the Artorias DLC, which was great.
>>
>>323666814
When you open the very first gate out of the clinic, you can see a church down in the valley with its roof torn off

Yep, thats BSBs boss room.

Nevertheless, there is nothing like that at all in DaS2
>>
>>323667109
>>Good DaS2 bosses
>Ruin Sentinels
>>
>>323667109
I totally forgot to add minuses to DaS2 there, and that wasn't deliberate.
>22-3
So 19 for replay value. Each of those bosses are still enjoyable to fight against.
>>
File: maneater mildred.png (198 KB, 794x1106) Image search: [Google]
maneater mildred.png
198 KB, 794x1106
DeS is my fave, but DaS1 or BB are better games. DaS2 was a mistake. DaS3 will be amazing if it's as good as BB.
>>
DasII is a good game stop spreading the "it's dog shit" meme.

It's not the best in the serie, but it's still a good game, probably 3rd (he is better than Demon's souls, f*ck you nostalgia faggot, Demon's souls doesn't have a lot of content, isn't the best technically speaking, doesn't have good combat mechanics and is outclassed by DaS in level design. The only reason people still thinks he is the best is because it was their first souls).
>>
>>323667169
>DaS2's standard is around the level of the Artorias DLC, which was great.
The area of AotA looped around on itself twice, and you could jog from the Sanctuary Garden to the Manus room in less than two minutes, the area was designed so well. The enemies were thematically appropriate, the bosses varied (only 25% humanoid!), and the z-axis wasn't an afterthought.
DaS2 is mostly Demon Ruins tier.
>>
>>323667109
>last giant
This faggot AI loops himself, you don't need to do it for him.
>Pursuer
Walk right, poke twice - the fight.
>Ruin Sentinels
Same thing, but now theres 3 of them!
>Big Rat
Oh hohohooo, now I know this is bait.
>Old Dragonslayer
Recycled boss from DaS with almost the exact same moves too.
>OIK
Slow, lumbering and hilariously easy
>Demon of Song
literally the easiest boss in the game

also
>big dudes in armor with the same kind of moves, the post
sure got me with those hot opinions
>>
>>323667109
>>323667169
>trying this hard
Just stop.
>>
>>323667394
>In less than two minutes
Huh, really. Recalling it I feel like merely running from Sanctuary Garden to the elevator down to Artorias takes more than 2 minutes.
>>
File: DaS2 hitboxes.gif (947 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
DaS2 hitboxes.gif
947 KB, 300x169
Defend this you fucking faggots
>>
>>323657245
Its cinema
>>
File: deslizard.gif (137 KB, 173x241) Image search: [Google]
deslizard.gif
137 KB, 173x241
>>323667294
DeS had better npcs, bosses, music, and atmosphere than das2.
>>
>>323666447
>swinging
>But I literally can by just switching targets or toggling targeting off for the moment. But you're too stupid for basic gameplay mechanics, it seems.
Not the same anon, but you literally can't mash/chain attacks like in the other games and turn around at the same time. If you try to turn around while chaining attacks it will take like 4-6 swings and your entire stamina bar for you to be facing the opposite direction.
Ofcourse you can break your chain, turn around and start another one, but that also takes way longer than it should, since you have to wait for every animation to finish.
>>
File: 2016-01-12_00009.jpg (344 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-12_00009.jpg
344 KB, 1920x1080
>>323667448
It's simply true, though.

>>323667446
>how to beat some of the bosses
>same tactics as most bosses in the series, because that's how you fight the bosses in this series
What again?

>sure got me with those hot opinions
Yes? And yours are somehow not, then?

>>323667530
A rare glitch that happened me in vanilla DaS2 before patching.
>>
>>323657763
Des was my first and I was so turned off by it I thought I didn't like Souls. The next one I fully tried was BB and I loved it so much i platinumed it. I then played through the series in reverse and DeS is unquestionably the worst game in the series.

BB>SofFS>DaS I > DeS
>>
File: das3gs.webm (3 MB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
das3gs.webm
3 MB, 852x480
DaS3 is gonna rule
>>
>>323657765
This.
>muh exclusives
>>
>story/lore
DaS1

>combat
BB

>bosses
DeS

>individual level design
BB

>overall world design
DaS1
>>
BB>DkS2>DkS>DS
>>
>>323667109
>Big Rat
>Good
Die.
>>
File: das3gspeed.webm (3 MB, 1536x432) Image search: [Google]
das3gspeed.webm
3 MB, 1536x432
DaS3 combat reminds me of DeS the most. so fast
>>
File: 2016-01-12_00010.jpg (311 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-12_00010.jpg
311 KB, 1920x1080
>>323667590
>Of course you can break your chain.
This is what I had in mind all along, or what?
I tested a little bit in the background and you're totally right about not being able to continuously chain attacks and turn 180 degrees between two attack animations. And... so what? I didn't even know you could do that in DaS, and it doesn't change anything because it's not something I need to use. If I need to turn around to attack something, I would roll to safety first and foremost and then go for attack.
It's like, I understand what the argument is, but I simply can't see it as an issue.
>>
>>323667109
>gaping dragon
no
>>
>>323667762
>preferring boring lore of ds1 to detailed and fun lore of bb
>>
>>323667762
BB lore is much better.
>>
File: 2016-01-12_00008.jpg (325 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-12_00008.jpg
325 KB, 1920x1080
>>323667804
I guess I placed Big Rat on the list because I genuinely enjoy killing it fast just to prove /v/ wrong. Whether it's a good boss or not in actuality, eh, I dunno, it's really just Sif 2.0 with a few one hit killed rats at the start of it, I guess.
My point still stands though, there's tons of more good bosses in DaS2 than DaS.
>>
File: 2016-01-12_00003.jpg (464 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-12_00003.jpg
464 KB, 1920x1080
>>323667924
What's wrong with Gaping Dragon?
I loved it, it's one of the only boss designs I really miss in other games. I still fear battling it because it's such a gigantic, tough piece of shit with varied attacks that can all murderize me from full health if I'm not careful.
>>
>>323667948
>>323667953
It's slightly subjective, I guess. I just don't like how in BB there's no real motivation for the hunter to do the things he does other than "I'm playing a Souls game so I should explore and kill bosses." The actual high-level lore is arguably better but the low-level story isn't there.
>>
>>323658747
Compared to DS yes
>>
File: 2016-01-12_00011.jpg (589 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-12_00011.jpg
589 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>323668076
>there's no real motivation for the hunter to do the things he does
He's supposed to find Paleblood to escape the hunt or he will be eternally locked in the nightmare.
Bosses and monsters just happen to be in the way of his search.
He find a clue to what the paleblood is only on the second floor of lecture hall, which is near the end of a game, and can only transcend it if he finds 3 cords which are rare as fuck.
>>
>>323668057
If the thing manages to hit you after you've studied all it's attacks then you're a scrub
>>
As you once did for the vacuous Rom...
Grant us eyes, grant us eyes!
Plant EYES on our BRAINS, to cleanse our B E A S T L Y I D I O C Y
>>
>>323667873
It makes combat slower because you have to adjust your positon and aim between chains against multiple opponents, and most people hate it. If you get surrounded you can't just fight it out and have to constantly reposition yourself.
>>
>>323668240
>invasion spot in the tower somehow triggers before hosts traverse the area, making it impossible for you to leave the tower
>same thing happens at least in 2 other spots of the area
>two bonfires have enemies aggroing at you immediately with one of them staying near the vendor
Why did you post this garbage area? It's ugly, it's poorly-designed, it's boring.
>>
>you must collect these 4 powerful souls in order to overcome the challenges of Drangleic Castle, and see Vendrick
>the thing blocking your way is like 3 bricks the height of a normal table

What THE FUCKING FUCK were they thinking when they made this garbage heap of a game, jesus christ.
>>
>DeS bossfights
>any challenge in PVE to be found
>>
Am I the only one who prefers Darks souls/demon's souls combat over BB's one ?
I can understand why people prefer BB combat, and I agree that in away it's more polish, but the fast pace only, and the blood mechanics + quick heals just made the games looks like a R1-masher simulator for me.
The slower pace of dark souls (and the variety of the different build too) gave a totally different aspect to the fight. It was more "find the right timing to hit" where in BB you aren't really punish for that because of the pace.
>>
BB+DLC is the best.
>>
File: 2016-01-12_00012.jpg (322 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-12_00012.jpg
322 KB, 1920x1080
Heh, this still does look silly I guess. No elevator shown, no mountain, no explanation, rushed, etc. Sure. Not a big enough deal to try to make it sound like that happens anywhere else in the game though.

Hell, it would have been such an easy fix if the elevator just went downwards instead. Iron Keep should have been a gigantic underground cave instead.

>>323668332
Slower to kill things, maybe. I vastly prefer actually feeling endangered by being surrounded, having to reposition myself. Needing good positioning is a good game mechanic, or what?
Like, if you're surrounded, you really SHOULDN'T be able to "just fight your way out". It makes the gameplay absolutely mindless and too safe.
>>
>>323668495
>just made the games looks like a R1-masher simulator for me
It's always obvious when this is written by someone who never played in bb.
>>
Des = Das = BB > Das 2

Des is still my favorite (probably my all time favorite game)
Das is fantastic but has many flaws concerning the level design in later areas
Das 2 is still a decent game, but very underwhelming
BB is fantastic as well but chalice dungeons are cancer
>>
File: 1452374637546.jpg (39 KB, 400x520) Image search: [Google]
1452374637546.jpg
39 KB, 400x520
>>323667030
yes I do
>>
>>323660240
What is it that causes these extremist views were Dark Souls 2 is suddenly the worst thing in existence?

The truth is that the game is very close to Dark Souls 1.
>>
>>323668595
>He didn't have the same experience that I had, so obvisouly he never played the game
>>
File: 2016-01-12_00014.jpg (233 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-12_00014.jpg
233 KB, 1920x1080
>>323668375
>invasion spots
So what? You don't like PvP? Then go offline? What?

>two bonfires have enemies aggroing you
Maybe it's still like this in vanilla DaS2, I don't know. In SOTFS this doesn't happen anymore, I took the screenshot >>323668240 after casually walking up to the one crossbowman standing there now, and he doesn't aggro unless you approach. The explosive zombies in Straid's Cell no longer aggro at all unless you start hitting them, and even in DaS2 vanilla you could avoid them by just walking instead of sprinting.

Also, in this picture, you can see the colisseum/arena where you fight Executioner's Chariot. So that one argument about this thing is moot.
>>
>>323668728
Gehrman pls go
>>
>>323668923
Gehrman abandoned her.
>>
>>323668452
>Souls games are about difficulty
idiot
>>
File: 2016-01-12_00016.jpg (576 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-12_00016.jpg
576 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>323657752
>DaS after killing O&S > DeS

I know about respecting different opinions, different tastes, etc but... seriously anon, what the fuck? Are you in your right mind?
>>
File: Bloodborneâ„¢_20151213022501.jpg (384 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborneâ„¢_20151213022501.jpg
384 KB, 1920x1080
>>323668790
>you can see the colisseum/arena where you fight Executioner's Chariot
Wow, such an intricate level design and area connection, holy fuck.
DS2 shit eaters really need to get some better taste.
>>
>>323668538
Well in a game where you often fight packs of enemies (or bosses), its annoying that you are unable to retaliate against things that just happen to be behind you, even if you are aware of them. The slower turnrates make it impossible, and thus you have to allways position yourself so that all the enemies are infront of you, and thus often in a big stack tackling eachother like retards. Which is also annoying since they tend to attack through eachother making you unable to poke them. If one misses a swing and you try to punish, the other is happy to smack your face.
>>
>>323668992
They are. It's their defining feature.
>>
File: 2016-01-12_00017.jpg (499 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-12_00017.jpg
499 KB, 1920x1080
>>323669029
I'm literally using your own argument against you, and suddenly it doesn't matter?

Here's the chapel where you fight one of the admittedly least interesting bosses.
>>
>>323669085
>slower turnrates
You turn instantly when not targeting things. Or what?
There is no place in either of the games where I've died because the game didn't give me a chance. Every death in these games are from your own mistakes.
>>
>>323657752
you know what other stress beta test felt perfect?
Dark Souls 2
>>
>>323669029
All that disgusting blur aside:
Well duh, BB looks better than any of the previous games. And? No shit? It's on a vastly upgraded engine (a.k.a. beta test for DS3).
>>
File: Bloodborneâ„¢_20151205022358.jpg (410 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborneâ„¢_20151205022358.jpg
410 KB, 1920x1080
>>323669130
>ability to see direct area transitions are somehow comparable to ability to see the areas you can only reach in 5+ hours and that don't have direct connections to the area you are currently standing in
Wow.
>>
File: 2016-01-12_00018.jpg (299 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-12_00018.jpg
299 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>323669292
It did not felt perfect in any shape or form.
It was hilariously slow, it had garbage animations and above all everyone was confused about how bad the game looks overall. Magic effects looked like primitive sprites sometimes, everything looked washed up and lacking lighting.
>>
File: 1376094324543.gif (363 KB, 250x148) Image search: [Google]
1376094324543.gif
363 KB, 250x148
>>323669370
>in 5+ hours
But BB isn't even 5 hours long.
>>
>>323669205
Your turnrates go down the shitter when chaining attacks, and even in free camera mode you don't turn around instantly. Turning around too fast often couses your character to do a fast turn animation that hinders movement.
(You can mash left and right absurdly fast and cause your character to spasm around, but I doubt that has any practical purpose.)
>>
>>323669527
I am so glad they are using BB's buff animations for DaS3. DaS2 had the ugliest buff effects I have ever seen in a game.
>>
File: 2016-01-12_00019.jpg (393 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-12_00019.jpg
393 KB, 1920x1080
Invading other players in the SOTFS Gutter is one of the best fucking things the series has to offer.
>>
>>323669719
Actually they are using the new set of buff animations, but it still looks great.
Holy shit DS2 buffs were ugly.
>>323669726
Go away retard, you don't know shit if you think that gutter invasions are any good.
>>
>>323669532
Thats some really bad bait anon, at least try.
>>
The one with good combat i.e. Bloodborne.

Oh, and that's a horror game too, so there.
>>
>>323669370
Anon, pretty sure that is like Heide tower from makuja.
If only we could noclip through and see whether its really is what were seeing there.
>>
File: 2016-01-12_00021.jpg (485 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-12_00021.jpg
485 KB, 1920x1080
>>323669835
>Go away retard, you don't know shit if you think that gutter invasions are any good.
Someone got backstabbed a few too many times.
>>
>>323669835
>Go away retard, you don't know shit if you think that gutter invasions are any good.

You're right, that anon is a faggot.
Being a good and fun Rat host is a lot fucking better than running and jumping around in gutter.
>>
>>323669927
Heide tower was a plain and ugly sprite.
Church of a good chalice is a full 3d model.
>>
File: 2016-01-12_00020.jpg (625 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-12_00020.jpg
625 KB, 1920x1080
>>
File: golem bow.webm (738 KB, 562x456) Image search: [Google]
golem bow.webm
738 KB, 562x456
>>323669961
Someone never invaded in actually good souls game.
>>
File: 2016-01-12_00024.jpg (424 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-12_00024.jpg
424 KB, 1920x1080
>>323670092
Invaded for hundreds of hours in both games.
You're just mad that I'm right.
>>
>>323670002
Rat covenant is a good idea with shittiest execution possible.
It's an optional area without anything useful in it.
It's an area with a painfully bad level design instead of a real trapper lair.
It gives nothing of value to invader so he can just avoid it.
>>
File: 1399257990462 (1).gif (945 KB, 250x141) Image search: [Google]
1399257990462 (1).gif
945 KB, 250x141
DaS was my first. Had to cheese the shit out of shields and halberd to clear the game because my timing was bunk.

Then I did DaS2 and didnt like it very much at all, but I cant fault anyone who does either.

Then I tried BB, and at first I hated not having a shield to hide behind. It whupped my fucking ass all the way up to Amelia and then some more. Eventually broke through when I ditched cleaver for axe and learned to use rolls as parry-like active mitigation rather than trying to cartwheel towards the butt. Currently on Rom and having a blast with everything except Rom the faggotspider.

I used to rate DaS as the best of all, but a few days back I went to replay it and shields suddenly felt game-breakingly cheap. You can just march up to peeps and bait them into staggering themselves in exchange for a small tick of stamina. BB forced me to get on point with my roll game so I opted for a forced-2h winged spear build, and quickly started to miss the flexibility of trick weapons (spear just has fast poke and long poke with both L buttons being nearly useless).

So I would say DaS is best for beginners who want to be able to cautiously approach soulslike games (no shame in playing timidly the first time), while BB has much more engaging combat to offer veterans of the series.

Overall best? Thats just a matter of taste.
>>
>>323670015
Eeeh, the rendered it good enough.
But its not the real thing, its a low poly version of it that were there as a replacement.
>>
File: 2016-01-12_00022.jpg (378 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-12_00022.jpg
378 KB, 1920x1080
>>323670019
>>
>>323665632
>DaS and BB are interconnected, beatifully crafted world where everything clicks together cohesively.

Its not.
Don't even compare it to DaS lol.
BB is DaS2 tier connectivity where cathedral ward serve as the center of it.

>cohesively

Sure, its cohesive.
But we ended up with same bricks and environments for more than half the fucking game.
Not to mention that severe lack of truly complex area to explore on top of only about half the size of DaS2.
>>
File: 2016-01-12_00025.jpg (501 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-12_00025.jpg
501 KB, 1920x1080
Heh, this too looks a bit silly, not even being connected or anything.
>>
File: 2016-01-12_00026.jpg (651 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-12_00026.jpg
651 KB, 1920x1080
I didn't even know you could see Aldia's Keep from Majula until now. Neat. That's over halfway through the game later, so AGAIN that guy above's argument is proven moot.
>>
why does it matter? skyrim trumps all? dont believe me? just look at sales.
>>
DeS > BB = DaS > > > DaS2
>>
File: 31651640_m.jpg (160 KB, 424x600) Image search: [Google]
31651640_m.jpg
160 KB, 424x600
>Keep losing to Artorias
Yet I'm still having fun because I know I can beat him if I stop fucking up. I don't like those stone guardians, though.
>>
File: Souls ALL FOUR.jpg (249 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Souls ALL FOUR.jpg
249 KB, 1000x1000
>>323657245
Who the fuck cares?

REAL question: Which waifu is best?
>>
File: MIBCHAN.jpg (31 KB, 532x600) Image search: [Google]
MIBCHAN.jpg
31 KB, 532x600
>>323671314
MiB no contest.
>>
>>323666541
>>323666724
You guys got screenshots to show? I'm not the anon you're arguing with but I never really noticed since I thought all of the worlds were disconnected from one another.
>>
>>323671314
Definitely the Maiden.
>>
>>323670601
Thats just plain untrue.
Every location in the game besides nightmares is interconnected, and even better so than DaS

>complexity
Central yharnam is one of the most complex areas in the series, and more complex than anything in DaS
>>
>>323671314
Always the Maiden in Black. Doll is close second and the girl behind the bars in Firelink.
>>
The worst thing about DaS2 is the completely fucking illogical roll hurtbox. Rolling at low levels is basically the same as standing the fuck still, everyone gets to score hits on where you WERE standing because you rolled out of the way. Enjoy watching yourself teleport into grabs because they missed you.

Of course, you can level up ADP to make your rolls have more invincibility so as to cover up that the hurtbox is shit. Because making bad hitboxes into an actual game mechanic is such a great idea.
>>
>he uses dex builds
>>
File: 585154154.png (49 KB, 143x134) Image search: [Google]
585154154.png
49 KB, 143x134
>>323666447
This image is so stupid it hurts to look at. If the only explanation for the numerous problems with this image is "magic" then From can pretty much get away with anything they want with no criticism from tarts like you.
>>
the only one that is even remotely good is bloodborne. the rest are boring trudges through bland uninspired environments with boring passive combat.
>>
>>323659061
AHHHHHHH KOS_
>>
>>323667109
How many bosses can they make that swing a long reaching weapon at you and do an overhead slam before you start to consider those bosses bad? (Last Giant, Pursuer, Looking Glass, Ruin Sentinels, Old Dragonslayer, Smelter, Velstadt, Elana)
>>
>mfw I'll never be able to go back to shields after BB
>tfw going greatsword two handed in DaS3

The only thing that would make it better would be if they took one of the only good things DaS2 gave us and included Power Stancing.
Thread replies: 217
Thread images: 55

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.