[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Helldivers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6
File: helldivers.jpg (96 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
helldivers.jpg
96 KB, 1280x720
So why aren't you playing? Nevermind. You're probably too casual for it anyway
>>
Looks boring compared to just playing EDF
>>
It sucks
>>
>>323583793
Because every time I see this game it just makes me want to go play Hellsinker.
>>
>>323583793
I expected it to be kind of like Alien Swarm, but it was nothing like that at all.
Hated the controls and shared camera, good thing refunds are a thing.
>>
Because it's extremely shallow and aimed and a console audience who never played custom maps in RTS games.
>>
>>323584053
Helldivers actually takes skill. You don't just grind away for armor and weapons, and I say that liking both games.

Still 4 Helldivers would shit on 400 EDF soldiers desu
>>
>>323584271
I've never grinded in EDF. Never even knew you could
>>
I don't have the patience or the friends to keep playing Friendly Fire Simulator 2015.
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 320x240
>>323584252
>>323584104
>>323584102
>PCucks
so glad those shitty normie a are dropping the game. mustards already fucked up 2 wars. probably too hard when they play it like a real time moba. fucking normies
>>
>>323583793
Helldivers was designed with the casual couch player in mind. Sure, when you get into the hard difficulties some skill is required (especially if solo), but for the most part its pretty casual. The game is also super fun with pretty good variety for load outs and how you approach a mission. Personally i perefer offensive strats coupled with laser weapons.

Game is good.
>>
>>323585061
>but for the most part its pretty casual.
You play level 8 and below only, don't you?
>>
>>323584398
Ive made more friends on helldivers than any other game. When you've fought through a three mission helldive planet with three other players, all with mics, u become bros for life.
>>
Because I got it for free and I still hate it.
>>
>>323585307
How did you read that part and miss everything written before the "but."
>>
>>323585536
Oh. So what you meant to say is:
>this game is pretty casual on its easy levels
Astute observation there
>>
>>323585343
I believe it.

You don't get far in this game without some personal compatibility. I've lost count of the number of pubbies that have thrown a mission for stupid reasons.
>>
Waiting for them to fix some of the fundamental issues. Already have my dude to level 27 and everything fully upgraded, so now I just want more polished gameplay for the PC port.
>>
>>323583793
>top down
>2016

I will save myself from pleb games
>>
>>323583793
I got annoyed people weren't attacking capitals. There would be like 3000 fuckers off on some pointless sector and only 500 on the capital fighting. After we failed two capitals because of that I got bored.
>>
>>323586135
>fundamental issues
Such as?
>>
>>323585886
I meant casual as in there is no barrier for entry (like there is in DaS), you can just pick it up and have fun for pretty much two thirds of the game without much effort.
>>
File: 1400007322344.jpg (69 KB, 639x476) Image search: [Google]
1400007322344.jpg
69 KB, 639x476
>>323586674
>>
>>323586436
the shitty as fuck mouse aiming to start with

the camera is complete ass and should zoom out if your squad gets too far apart (up to limit, of course)

cyborgs could also use some patching up since they just notoriously spawn within your line of sight and trigger the alarm before you can do anything about it
>>
File: 1363034185302.png (4 KB, 302x237) Image search: [Google]
1363034185302.png
4 KB, 302x237
>>323583793
Super shitty jewish practices as expected of Arrowhead. The game might be $20 but the other half is locked behind a $20 paywall. Good luck doing snow levels above difficulty 10 without those $2.99 snow boots!

I'd recommend picking the full package at 50% off with a buddy. It gets repetitive fast.
>>
Do you have to play online? I'd download it just to check it out.
>>
>>323584750
Hello underage.
>>
>>323587840
Yeah. By yourself its just your basic twinstick shooter with randomly generated maps. The fun comes from working with a team to complete objectives and keeping each other alive. The "story" even requires an online community.
>>
>>323584271
An unusually strong wind would shit on 400 EDF soldiers. The only one worth a damn is storm one and he is basically a god of war.
>>
>>323587748
>using KB M on a twinstick shooter
Do you bitch about keyboard controls in racing and fighting games too?

>I don't want to work as a unit
Set it to private and play by yourself then. And you can manipulate the camera (up to a limit) by aiming

>Cyborgs
I assume you're talking about the tank drop ins? Kind of shitty, you have to be ready with AT weapons for Cyborgs. You have time for it to turn and see you. And if not that, you can break LoS with cover.

So, in short, sounds like you actually are really bad at this game. It's cool though, some people just suck.
>>
>>323587837
Dlc only adds extra weapons and strats none of which are hard upgrades from the base content. If you dont have the boots you can use lift packs or vehicles or just double down on firepower.
>>
>>323583793

>going for a helldive mission
>join a party of 3 level 16-18 players
>snow world
>none of them have a jetpack or all-terrain boots
>figure I'll just deal with it since I'm too lazy to find a new party
>they repeatedly shoot me and each other because their aim is fucked
>friendly fire nades
>murphy murphy
>drop a nuke on an objective that needs to be destroyed
>they stand there with their dicks in there hands all die
>despite my best wishes rez them anyway
>get shot
>kicked
>>
>>323588872
>twinstick shooter
you mean rebranded top-down shooter?

>I don't want to work as a unit
I do, but the extremely limited line of sight basically means you have to hug eachother to not trigger alarms outside of your line of sight, just have it slightly expand if you get far apart and make it stop at a certain point so you still have to stay together

>cyborgs
just straight up bullshit how they spawn by dropping from the sky, while the other races have very deliberate spawning animations
I get that they are mutated humans so why not just have a drop pod animation like the helldivers do

>ur just bad le
beaten literally everything in the game, solo and in a 4 man team, which I might add is kind of funny how the game is EASIER by yourself because of the shitty camera line of sight

tl;dr you're a shill retard please fuck off
>>
>>323589225
>playing co-op games with pubs
>>
>>323589847
found the redditor
>>
>>323589225
Had the same issue. Group was around 17-20 and didnt know how to do shit. We were doing cyborgs and i was the only person that brought AT, i even dropped EATS none of them would pick up the extra after i had grabbed mine. I tried my best but helldive borgs require a steady stream of AT that one guy cant deliver.
>>
>>323589959
I don't have any smug anime pictures, sorry
imagine I posted one
>>
>>323589847
>just straight up bullshit how they spawn by dropping from the sky
They're airdropped into the battlefield. They have spaceships too you know.

How do you think they conquer other planets and systems? Why do you think there are objectives to activate SAM sites?
>>
>>323590279
>They're airdropped into the battlefield.
I know, so why not have an animation for it like Helldivers do?

Just saying that's lazy.

My point about the Cyborgs is the IFVs and how they simply spawn within your line of sight constantly then trigger the alarm before you can shoot them.
>>
>>323588872
you must be a dev
>>
>>323590450
Because they'd most likely crush you when they land if you considered the amount of collateral a hellpod does. They land fast, in great numbers, and sometimes land right next to you.

Do you want a fucking Baneblade to fall on top of your head?
>>
>>323583793
>casual

there's nothing hard about it anon and it requires like zero skill. Literally just takes common sense on how NOT to deal with the enemies on a constant basis
>>
>>323583793

The KB+M controls suck
My aim sucks if I use a controller

Thats basically it.
>>
>>323589852

This is why I can't buy this game, its probably a terrible experience 90% of the time even if I git gud
>>
>>323584271
>Helldivers actually takes skill

It's not a really high level of skill. Just learn to drive well and you're good to go for all difficulties. Some people even bring like 3 of those mech robots while others bring 3 of those tanks.

EDF 4.1 is actually much harder than Helldiver especially in late stages and on harder difficulties. Shit gets crazy hard even on normal at endgame stages.
>>
>helldive mission for the sweet cape
>3 randoms with mechs
>they get stuck everywhere and shoot eachother randomly
>get teamkilled often
>After 25 minutes of torture arrive at extract point
>they have no more mechs
>get teamkilled
>they all die
>none of them use reinforcement
>>
>>323592168
>Just learn to drive well and you're good to go for all difficulties. Some people even bring like 3 of those mech robots while others bring 3 of those tanks.
>using tanks
Enjoy the instagib.

And I'm aware that EDF takes a good amount of skill. But it's also a shit ton of grinding enough armor to survive hits on Extreme
>>
>>323583793

No friends to play with.
>>
File: 67654643.png (76 KB, 227x339) Image search: [Google]
67654643.png
76 KB, 227x339
>shared screen
>>
File: 1452498425740.gif (75 KB, 290x350) Image search: [Google]
1452498425740.gif
75 KB, 290x350
>>323593831
>autistic casuals
>>
>>323594305
is she ok?
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.